PDA

View Full Version : Get Hecky to ****

Pages : 1 [2] 3

majorhibs
14-09-2019, 10:07 PM
I think the fans just started to believe that the bad old days of mediocrity and flirting with relegation were perhaps behind us, at least for the foreseeable future. That those days appear to be in danger of returning so soon after winning the cup and challenging for 2nd place is disappointing, especially when our financial situation has recently taken a significant turn for the better.

If I heard supporters bemoaning the fact we aren't top of the league, then I'd agree with your suggestion. As far as I can see, most just seem to think we should be better than teams existing on income from home crowds of between 4-6,000.
Slap that on a few foreheids. Startin wi Dempster et al! Must Must effin must dae better for Hibs! MUCH better. Or ship out!

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Bum!!!!

:confused: :dunno:

Golden Bear
14-09-2019, 10:15 PM
It's all Rod's fault- for leaving.

Better the devil you know. ?

🙄

Wakeyhibee
14-09-2019, 10:17 PM
I saw on here that Hibs average 6th or 7th place some time ago over what timespan I can't remember. I wondered who averaged 3rd & 4th?

So out of boredom after today's game I looked back over the last 20 years Premier League finishes only.

Hibs Ave 6.5 place, however no one averages 3rd or 4th. Hibs actually rank 5th with that average, only just ahead of Motherwell & St Johnstone, and behind OF, Hearts & Aberdeen who both average 5th place.

Didn't realise there's only been 3 ever presents in that time.

Heisenberg
14-09-2019, 10:18 PM
I've not checked this but sure I was told that before last season we have only finished in the top 6 twice since the SPL was formed. If true that's a pretty grim statistic.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Nah that’s not right. We’ve been extremely average since the SPL formed, with a wee relegation chucked in for good measure.

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Reports are also that they were bloody awful, and that Motherwell should have been out of sight, coming from the main Hearts BBC mouthpiece.

Don't let that get in the way of the snowball effect where one person says we're in for a doing next week while others agree. Hearts fans who see their team every week think there's absolutely no chance of it but some of our fans almost seem to be willing it to happen.

asayers
14-09-2019, 10:24 PM
:confused: :dunno:

Tell me what he has done..... Since the break we have seen stats that say Mallan & Allan don't work....yet today both start. Be a gaffer, make a choice. Guys a bum full stop!

Criswell
14-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Imagining that Ron Gordon would push for management changes at this moment is in my opinion very unlikely. He is totally new to football and is in all probability still dependant on the Board to make any footballing decisions. I certainly never heard of Tom Farmer getting involved in that side of things. However, it remains to be seen if that remains the case.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Imagining that Ron Gordon would push for management changes at this moment is in my opinion very unlikely. He is totally new to football and is in all probability still dependant on the Board to make any footballing decisions. I certainly never heard of Tom Farmer getting involved in that side of things. However, it remains to be seen if that remains the case.

This shouldn't even need to involve Ron Gordon though.

Leanne has to make the decision to act now, just like she did when we punted Butcher (fair enough after relegation. But hopefully she's learnt from that) who she was close with from the 'Well days.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Tell me what he has done..... Since the break we have seen stats that say Mallan & Allan don't work....yet today both start. Be a gaffer, make a choice. Guys a bum full stop!

You'll no get an argument from me there, I want him out.

FilipinoHibs
14-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Seemingly Stubbs lined up to replace Hecky. Hibs fan doing some work for Someone who works at East Mains heard that. So really a rumour of the highest order.

asayers
14-09-2019, 10:33 PM
You'll no get an argument from me there, I want him out.

No argument pal. Seen it all before but the lads a joker, all talk no walk! Seen this pre season and it isn't getting any better!

davym7062
14-09-2019, 10:38 PM
Seemingly Stubbs lined up to replace Hecky. Hibs fan doing some work for Someone who works at East Mains heard that. So really a rumour of the highest order.

God I hope so!

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Probably a load of ***** mate. Would take him though. :aok:

Heisenberg
14-09-2019, 10:39 PM

If he brings Doolan and Holden with him then I’m all for it. Darren Jackson and it’s a solid no from me.

Famousfivehh
14-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Heckie reminds me of my 19 yr old laddie. Talks pish, Knows everything and is to blame for nothing.

truehibernian
14-09-2019, 10:45 PM
As long as Heckingbottom's sacked by Monday I'll be happy. Hearts will hammer us with him in the dug out.

Greencore
14-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Heckie reminds me of my 19 yr old laddie. Talks pish, Knows everything and is to blame for nothing.

Fair comment.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 10:56 PM
The first game he had and the interview after my mum said “he doesn’t look or sound like a Hibs manager”. She isn’t exactly a huge football fan but like many is forced to watch through the family.

I never read or thought too much into it at the time but I think she made a very good point. The way he speaks just isn’t how we as fans like, although I don’t think he’s said much overly wrong he just doesn’t inspire much confidence, passion etc

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 11:00 PM
The first game he had and the interview after my mum said “he doesn’t look or sound like a Hibs manager”. She isn’t exactly a huge football fan but like many is forced to watch through the family.

I never read or thought too much into it at the time but I think she made a very good point. The way he speaks just isn’t how we as fans like, although I don’t think he’s said much overly wrong he just doesn’t inspire much confidence, passion etc

Old dear Unseen Work is spot on it seems!

Even watching him from the stands he doesn't ever seem animated. And I get every manager is different in their approach. But he always just stands there with his arms crossed fingers on his lips thinking, about something. Who knows what.

Alex Trager
14-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Porteous more honest in his the interview than hecky. Hecky really has lost the players and fans.

He said that the heads went down and the players stopped sticking to the game plan.

That suggests to me he hasn’t lost the dressing room?

Porteous believed in the game plan.

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 11:43 PM
As long as Heckingbottom's sacked by Monday I'll be happy. Hearts will hammer us with him in the dug out.

Yup. Winless hearts are going to ****ing hammer us. Probably be double figures. Would be stunned if it’s not tbh.

I swear some people are actually willing this to happen.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 10:52 AM
The two minute interview of a young defender or the two minute interview of what the manager should've said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQiZba37vVk

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 10:57 AM
The two minute interview of a young defender or the two minute interview of what the manager should've said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQiZba37vVk

Actually comments on how the game went rather than the same generic nonsense you get from Heckingbottom every single week.

Captain Trips
15-09-2019, 11:02 AM
His set up vs Celtic and Sevco showed defeat before ball being kicked. We all know there is only one way to play them and that's show them no more respect than anyone else and play your game. He seemed to think he was best to hang in and hope.

His set up and tactics are the biggest issue. I have no idea if his signings are actually any good as players already here are not doing well under him.

The Leith Dutch
15-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Yup. Winless hearts are going to ****ing hammer us. Probably be double figures. Would be stunned if it’s not tbh.

I swear some people are actually willing this to happen.

I don't think they'll hammer us but I do think there's a decent reason to be concerned.

Yes they're winless (and rank rotten) but they have been scoring which we're not.

We're an easy mark - bit of physicality and a competent set up and you control the midfield and that's within their grasp.

Like I say doubt we'll get hammered but anyone who isn't worried is either delusional or hadn't watched us recently.

I'll be disappointed if he's not punted Monday.

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2019, 11:15 AM
I don't think they'll hammer us but I do think there's a decent reason to be concerned.

Yes they're winless (and rank rotten) but they have been scoring which we're not.

We're an easy mark - bit of physicality and a competent set up and you control the midfield and that's within their grasp.

Like I say doubt we'll get hammered but anyone who isn't worried is either delusional or hadn't watched us recently.

I'll be disappointed if he's not punted Monday.
Agreed. I don’t expect us to win the game by any means but they are the only team that are as bad as we are so it’s far from a foregone conclusion.

Iggy Pope
15-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Yes. It always should be. Top 4 happens with such infrequency though, it’s clearly unrealistic which was what yer man thinks it shouldn’t be. We are a top 4 team once in a while. In 40 years it probably averages out once to twice every 10 seasons or so, maybe less frequent than that. I’d look it up but it is too painful to contemplate.

Just because we consistently failed throughout the Petrie years doesn’t mean we should accept it going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was clearly accepted a long time before Petrie. Not sure of your age but how many top 4 finishes have you witnessed?

I take it Ozyhibby, that you’ve not witnessed too many of those pesky old Top 4 finishes then?

bigwheel
15-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Just because we consistently failed throughout the Petrie years doesn’t mean we should accept it going forward.

What’s your basis for this type of comment ??

Since 2000 (excluding the championship years ) we have finished in the top 6 10 times, and only five times in the bottom six.. 5 of the ten top six finishes were in the top 4.

During the same period We’ve been in eight semi finals , five finals and won two of them .....

Wouldn’t expect that to classify as consistent failure in any definition ....

I'm Spartacus
15-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Not read the full board, but he's been told he has the next 3 games or it's all over - that info has come direct from a coach.

04Sauzee
15-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Not read the full board, but he's been told he has the next 3 games or it's all over - that info has come direct from a coach.

Direct from a coach to you?
Never understand 3 games to turn it round. If we don't win the Derby I'd be surprised if he has a further 2 games.

Robbo6-2
15-09-2019, 02:55 PM
No idea why this imposter is still in a job this morning

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2019, 03:00 PM

I thought that might be the case and wasn't expecting him to go before the derby. Crunch time.

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Three?!

Hearts
Kilmarnock - Quarter final
Celtic

I’d be stunned if we get one point or progress in the cup out of those 3.

Surely if he loses to hearts he’s done. We’re delaying the inevitable for no reason now

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Three?!

Hearts
Celtic

Surely if he loses to hearts he’s done. We’re delaying the inevitable for no reason now

This is the main issue i have. We are wasting time and letting another season go to waste. Why wait when its so blindingly obvious to everyone that its not working and wont work? Someone have some balls and step up and end it now. Not next week after the derby. Now.

I'm Spartacus
15-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Direct from a coach to you?
Never understand 3 games to turn it round. If we don't win the Derby I'd be surprised if he has a further 2 games.

Yes, I was there with my boy this morning.

Not sure why we would set 3 games, and it being those 3 games, we could be out the cup and bottom, they should have acted weeks ago IMO.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Three?!

Hearts
Celtic

You'd be stunned if we got a point at home to bottom of the league Hearts who haven't won a league game yet? Stunned? Really?

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 04:02 PM
You'd be stunned if we got a point at home to bottom of the league Hearts who haven't won a league game yet? Stunned? Really?

Yes imo hearts will turn us over.

No matter how bad they are they always seem to get right up for games against us and I fear they will bully us.

We are soft defensively and their forward players will make it very difficult for us the way we’ve been defending.

Michael
15-09-2019, 04:03 PM

We're worse than Hearts.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:11 PM
We're worse than Hearts.

Worse at what? By every possible measure, we're not a worse football team than Hearts. We got out our league cup group seeded because we were one of the 4 best performers in the groups. They didn't. So we were better there. We've got double their points. So we're better there. They haven't yet won a league game this season even though they've played 3 out of 5 at home compared to our 2 out of 5. So we're better there.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Yes imo hearts will turn us over.

No matter how bad they are they always seem to get right up for games against us and I fear they will bully us.

We are soft defensively and their forward players will make it very difficult for us the way we’ve been defending.

And what about how soft they are defensively? Have you seen their hilarious defending recently or are you just ignoring it to stick the boot into Hibs? Why will our forward players not make it difficult for them? We've scored more goals since the competitive football started this season than they have.

There's no doubting that they might get a result. We're both poor and it's always hard to predict games between two poor sides. But to say you'd be stunned if we manage to avoid defeat at home to them seems bizarre to me.

bingo70
15-09-2019, 04:13 PM

I will be stunned yes.

Hearts will score next week, there’s no doubt in not mind about that, we’re so soft throughout our team it’s not true. As soon as they do score we’ll **** ourselves and fold.

Of course if we score first that could work out ok but even then we’d become so nervous and defensive we’ll just sit deeper and deeper inviting pressure on us.

Absolutely no chance we’ll take anything from the game next week imo.

bingo70
15-09-2019, 04:14 PM
And what about how soft they are defensively? Have you seen their hilarious defending recently or are you just ignoring it to stick the boot into Hibs? Why will our forward players not make it difficult for them? We've scored more goals since the competitive football started this season than they have.

There's no doubting that they might get a result. We're both poor and it's always hard to predict games between two poor sides. But to say you'd be stunned if we manage to avoid defeat at home to them seems bizarre to me.

Are you including games against the part time teams in those stats?

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:15 PM
I will be stunned yes.

Hearts will score next week, there’s no doubt in not mind about that, we’re so soft throughout our team it’s not true. As soon as they do score we’ll **** ourselves and fold.

Of course if we score first that could work out ok but even then we’d become so nervous and defensive we’ll just sit deeper and deeper inviting pressure on us.

Absolutely no chance we’ll take anything from the game next week imo.

Why will they score and not us? We've scored more goals than them this season.

And if you're so confident that they'll score based on the evidence provided this season... Why are you so confident they'll win? Because currently there's absolutely zero evidence of them being capable of that.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Are you including games against the part time teams in those stats?

OK, we'll remove them.

How about this stat. They haven't won a game this season (since we're removing the league cup games). If you reckon they're going to beat us because they've scored a few more goals than us in the league then I'm not sure why that statistic is more relevant to who's going to win the game than... well, the amount of games they've won. Seeing as that's what we're worried about after all.

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Oh grow up how is it about sticking the boot in? You’re taking this stunned comment very literal and to heart.

We’re poor and everyone can see it. Everyone knows hearts always seem to raise it against us in a derby and I think the players will crumble at the slightest bit of criticism from the stands.

Hearts are murder too but I think Levein and the type of players they have will be the difference, specifically at set pieces.

Did you see the game yesterday? We had the majority of the ball for the first half and barely had a shot or work any sort of good chance. Horgans from outside the box that was tipped over the bar and Mallans free kick?

We’ve won one league game and just to St Mirren! Your argument of them having not won yet doesn’t mean much at this stage in comparison to us I’m afraid

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Oh grow up how is it about sticking the boot in? You’re taking this stunned comment very literal and to heart.

We’re poor and everyone can see it. Everyone knows hearts always seem to raise it against us in a derby and I think the players will crumble at the slightest bit of criticism from the stands.

Hearts are murder too but I think Levein and the type of players they have will be the difference, specifically at set pieces.

Did you see the game yesterday? We had the majority of the ball for the first half and barely had a shot or work any sort of good chance. Horgans from outside the box that was tipped over the bar and Mallans free kick?

Is Hearts record in derbys recently not pretty rank? 3 wins in 16 or something I'm sure somebody said. So while they maybe raised their game against us years ago, it's hard to put forward much of a case for it happening anymore.

I didn't see the game yesterday, I wasn't there. The radio pundits reckoned we'd played well and should have been ahead at half time though. They sounded pretty perplexed that we weren't, so I doubt a Horgan effort from outside the box and a free kick were the only positives.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 04:22 PM

And if you're so confident that they'll score based on the evidence provided this season... Why are you so confident they'll win? Because currently there's absolutely zero evidence of them being capable of that.

They have more of a threat than us at present. Scoring goals hasn’t been their biggest problem in the league, they’ve scored more than us.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:24 PM
They have more of a threat than us at present. Scoring goals hasn’t been their biggest problem in the league, they’ve scored more than us.

Winning games has been their biggest problem. It's something they simply can't do. And seeing as we're discussing whether they're going to win this one I would think that's the most relevant statistic.

truehibernian
15-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Porteous saying all heads went down after we went 1-0 behind says everything you need to know - at least the young lad is honest and gave a brutally accurate assessment of the game unlike the manager who continues to see things others don't see. I also don't think he was at fault for the goal, rather it was a very good crossfield pass which had enough legs to just bypass his attempt to deal with it.

Lack of real leaders, players who can stomach a fight and trying to get back into a game - if you lump Hanlon, Mallan, Kamberi, Vela and Horgan together you may end up with the same heart that young Porteous shows in every game. Not one ounce of heart, desire, and will to battle and win between the ones listed this season.

Yet again though the manager has the nonchalant (incorrect) summary which shows he also doesn't have the necessary passion to really turn this around. He's completely uninspiring to both players and the supporters - worse dare I say than Calderwood in his demeanour.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Winning games has been their biggest problem. It's something they simply can't do. And seeing as we're discussing whether they're going to win this one I would think that's the most relevant statistic.

You were talking about scoring goals a minute ago though. Even though they’ve only picked up a point, they’ve scored four in their last two games.

They will score against us on Sunday because we’re easy to score against. We don’t look like scoring a goal at the moment, although they’re every bit as bad defensively so that improves our chances.

bingo70
15-09-2019, 04:29 PM
OK, we'll remove them.

How about this stat. They haven't won a game this season (since we're removing the league cup games). If you reckon they're going to beat us because they've scored a few more goals than us in the league then I'm not sure why that statistic is more relevant to who's going to win the game than... well, the amount of games they've won. Seeing as that's what we're worried about after all.

Do you always predict results based on stats?

The reason I fear the worst is that Hearts strength is our weakness, they’ve got a strong and powerful (but not particularly silky) midfield, we are soft as ***** in midfield.

Steven Naismith will be back, Hearts are a different team when he plays, add to that he drops into the areas that are our biggest problem, we don’t have a defensive midfielder, he will have an absolute field day in that wee space.

We’ve not scored a goal in 2 games as our confidence is completely shot to pieces. We’re not getting the best out of any of our creative players, most notably Scott Allan, any more as we don’t have a style or a system we seem to be working to.

I remember in the build up to the Rangers game it was completely obvious what was coming, it was always going to happen, I know it’s different as rangers are better than Hearts but I’m getting the same feeling here.

By all means come and throw this post back in my face next week if I’m wrong, I’m absolutely convinced I won’t be though.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Porteous saying all heads went down after we went 1-0 behind says everything you need to know - at least the young lad is honest and gave a brutally accurate assessment of the game unlike the manager who continues to see things others don't see. I also don't think he was at fault for the goal, rather it was a very good crossfield pass which had enough legs to just bypass his attempt to deal with it.

Lack of real leaders, players who can stomach a fight and trying to get back into a game - if you lump Hanlon, Mallan, Kamberi, Vela and Horgan together you may end up with the same heart that young Porteous shows in every game. Not one ounce of heart, desire, and will to battle and win between the ones listed this season.

Yet again though the manager has the nonchalant (incorrect) summary which shows he also doesn't have the necessary passion to really turn this around. He's completely uninspiring to both players and the supporters - worse dare I say than Calderwood in his demeanour.

I'm not sure if he would have got there anyway but I felt Porteous sort of planted himself when the ball was in mid air which made it impossible for him to get there. I reckon he could have done better but it may not have been enough anyway.

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Is Hearts record in derbys recently not pretty rank? 3 wins in 16 or something I'm sure somebody said. So while they maybe raised their game against us years ago, it's hard to put forward much of a case for it happening anymore.

I didn't see the game yesterday, I wasn't there. The radio pundits reckoned we'd played well and should have been ahead at half time though. They sounded pretty perplexed that we weren't, so I doubt a Horgan effort from outside the box and a free kick were the only positives.

It was certainly in improvement on previous weeks, the positives for me were that we weren’t getting dominated in midfield, were pressing the game quickly and using the ball well.

The negatives for me is that we never took advantage of our possession, whilst it was getting stroked about nicely we created very very little. Horgan was very wasteful, Scotty wasn’t himself and Kamberi never had a shot that I can recall.

However when Killie came into the game and knocked it one or two touch around us we were posted missing and if it wasn’t for Porteous would have been a much tougher afternoon.

I would start quite similar to yesterday with Middleton in for Horgan and Jackson for Hanlon. We really need to win the midfield battle and have enough up top to threaten them.

Vela, Hallberg and Allan are quite quick and can get about, so hopefully we are too mobile for them in midfield.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Do you always predict results based on stats?

The reason I fear the worst is that Hearts strength is our weakness, they’ve got a strong and powerful (but not particularly silky) midfield, we are soft as ***** in midfield.

Steven Naismith will be back, Hearts are a different team when he plays, add to that he drops into the areas that are our biggest problem, we don’t have a defensive midfielder, he will have an absolute field day in that wee space.

We’ve not scored a goal in 2 games as our confidence is completely shot to pieces. We’re not getting the best out of any of our creative players, most notably Scott Allan, any more as we don’t have a style or a system we seem to be working to.

I remember in the build up to the Rangers game it was completely obvious what was coming, it was always going to happen, I know it’s different as rangers are better than Hearts but I’m getting the same feeling here.

By all means come and throw this post back in my face next week if I’m wrong, I’m absolutely convinced I won’t be though.

Sean Clare, Glenn Whelan and Andy Irving isn't a strong and powerful midfield. Nowhere near it imo and judging by the Hearts fans thoughts on their side, they don't think it is either. Glenn Whelan been underwhelming, Sean Clare dreadful, the boy from Cardiff had been dropped yesterday and hasn't been very good either from what they're saying.

I have no interest in throwing it back in your face, you're entitled to your opinion. I just find it strange using a loosely relevant statistic (goals scored) to predict the result of a game rather than the statistics of the exact thing you're predicting (games won). Other than the statistics my next step would to be base it on league position/form. Again, we've been pretty minging ourselves but Hearts have been even worse. And that's with them having played 3 of 5 at home compared to our 2 of 5.

I also think some Hibs fans are talking up some of their players without having seen much of them at all. Because the opinions compared to Hearts fans are an absolute mile apart.

truehibernian
15-09-2019, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure if he would have got there anyway but I felt Porteous sort of planted himself when the ball was in mid air which made it impossible for him to get there. I reckon he could have done better but it may not have been enough anyway.

Perhaps caught on his heels a little Calum, but the pass was inch perfect and I think those that faulted him were a tad harsh.

Hanlon conceding under no pressure for the second was criminal. He's awful this year. As for Mallan, he's a Championship player who isn't improving, rather he is regressing because he has no desire to work hard to win the ball back or close down space - a passenger in games that simply pass him by.

mcfly
15-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Sean Clare, Glenn Whelan and Andy Irving isn't a strong and powerful midfield. Nowhere near it imo and judging by the Hearts fans thoughts on their side, they don't think it is either. Glenn Whelan been underwhelming, Sean Clare dreadful, the boy from Cardiff had been dropped yesterday and hasn't been very good either from what they're saying.

I have no interest in throwing it back in your face, you're entitled to your opinion. I just find it strange using a loosely relevant statistic (goals scored) to predict the result of a game rather than the statistics of the exact thing you're predicting (games won). Other than the statistics my next step would to be base it on league position/form. Again, we've been pretty minging ourselves but Hearts have been even worse. And that's with them having played 3 of 5 at home compared to our 2 of 5.

I also think some Hibs fans are talking up some of their players without having seen much of them at all. Because the opinions compared to Hearts fans are an absolute mile apart.

Hibs are hopeless under this loser.

He has let better players go.
Wasted the budget on players he doesn’t pick
Never tried to engage with fans.
Promised us high pressing football.

Must be sacked

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:17 PM

They went to Fir Park and won against a side we went to and lost 3-0. The following day ***** Morton took us to extra time.

Big wow we scraped past St Mirren the first game of the season, it’s been utter ***** in every game since and even before that. How many derbies have you watched in your life? They are always more up for it than us.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 06:29 PM
They went to Fir Park and won against a side we went to and lost 3-0. The following day ***** Morton took us to extra time.

Big wow we scraped past St Mirren the first game of the season, it’s been utter ***** in every game since and even before that. How many derbies have you watched in your life? They are always more up for it than us.

Motherwell also destroyed Morton 4-0 in the group stages.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 06:31 PM

And at some point this season we’ll beat a team that they won’t beat. It really proves very little. We didn’t scrape past St Mirren. We deservedly beat them after having a legitimate goal laughably rules out, hitting the woodwork twice and missing two open goals.

They’re always more up for it than us? I must have imagined all these one sided derbies at ER over the last few years. They maybe used to be, but 3 wins in 16 or whatever it is would suggest that them being “more up for it” than us nowadays is an absolute myth. We’ve blew them away numerous times over the last few years with them regularly looking like rabbits caught in the headlights, a bit like we used to in derbies.

Wilson
15-09-2019, 06:34 PM
And at some point this season we’ll beat a team that they won’t beat. It really proves very little.

Calm down. Wins don't grow on trees!

mcfly
15-09-2019, 06:39 PM
And at some point this season we’ll beat a team that they won’t beat. It really proves very little. We didn’t scrape past St Mirren. We deservedly beat them after having a legitimate goal laughably rules out, hitting the woodwork twice and missing two open goals.

They’re always more up for it than us? I must have imagined all these one sided derbies at ER over the last few years. They maybe used to be, but 3 wins in 16 or whatever it is would suggest that them being “more up for it” than us nowadays is an absolute myth. We’ve blew them away numerous times over the last few years with them regularly looking like rabbits caught in the headlights, a bit like we used to in derbies.

Yeh we blew them away when we had better players,

Those players are gone. What evidence do you have that this lot under this hopeless manager will turn it around.

Lose on Sunday and he is gone.

This guy will drive fans away. He hasn’t a clue.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Those players are gone. What evidence do you have that this lot under this hopeless manager will turn it around.

And we done it when they were the league above us, when they were top 6 etc and also had better players. They’re now bottom of the league having not won a game.

Nobody is debating that we’ve been crap. But when people keep spouting that Hearts are always more up for derbies than us when their record is pretty crap in this fixture over the last 5 seasons or so it’s nonsense. And just another attempt at having a dig at Hibs.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Have you predicted a correct result all season?

We scored a goal to win 1-0 with less than ten minutes to go, how on earth is that not scraping past a team?

What one sided derbies over the last couple of years? They beat us at Easter road last year and then drew with a team of kids resting their players for the cup final. We very rarely turn up against them even when we are good and they are *****.

We’ve been pumped off Killie and Motherwell, humiliated at Ibrox and Forthbank and needed extra time to dispose of Morton having been 2 up.

Where on earth have you any confidence from?

What did you predict against Motherwell? “Oh they are ***** Hearts beat them” ****ged rotten. Killie yesterday? You’re losing major credibility by never admitting that maybe you’ve backed the wrong horse and got it wrong. There’s no shame, you backed the manager, a dud manager and a shambles he’s brought to the club. Guaranteed when he’s punted you use the **** he brought to the club as an excuse if the next guy in charge is rank too.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:50 PM
And we done it when they were the league above us, when they were top 6 etc and also had better players. They’re now bottom of the league having not won a game.

Nobody is debating that we’ve been crap. But when people keep spouting that Hearts are always more up for derbies than us when their record is pretty crap in this fixture over the last 5 seasons or so it’s nonsense. And just another attempt at having a dig at Hibs.

You’ve been debating that we aren’t crap for weeks/months now.

A Hi-Bee
15-09-2019, 07:06 PM

He is already driving fans away.

Wilson
15-09-2019, 07:10 PM
He is already driving fans away.

He's at the wheel?

A Hi-Bee
15-09-2019, 07:15 PM
He's at the wheel?

Ooh no hes not.

A Hi-Bee
15-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Is that the same bus he is driving, will the coaches all be going as well.

Robbo6-2
15-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Ooh no hes not.

Just got a text saying that hes gone? Probably came off the back of your message mind you

Heisenberg
15-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Just got a text saying that hes gone? Probably came off the back of your message mind you

I’d be surprised but very happy if that was true.

bingo70
15-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Ooh no hes not.

Are you saying he’s gone or that he’s lost control?

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 07:30 PM

From who?

Robbo6-2
15-09-2019, 07:32 PM
From who?

Just a friend, nobody itk.

Presume its a load of *****

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Just a friend, nobody itk.

Presume its a load of *****

:aok:

Diclonius
15-09-2019, 09:22 PM
I've said elsewhere that if we don't sack him tomorrow, he'll be in charge for the derby. We'll all just have to accept that and get fully behind the team for the ninety minutes.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 09:23 PM
I've said elsewhere that if we don't sack him tomorrow, he'll be in charge for the derby. We'll all just have to accept that and get fully behind the team for the ninety minutes.

He’ll be in charge for the derby. And the game after that. And the one after that.

Hibeesmad
16-09-2019, 07:22 AM
I was talking to someone who works for Hearts on Saturday and they were talking about the protests after the game, they said Levein be leaving after Sunday regardless of the result.

silverhibee
16-09-2019, 12:02 PM
He’ll be in charge for the derby. And the game after that. And the one after that.

:agree:

jacomo
16-09-2019, 12:23 PM
I was talking to someone who works for Hearts on Saturday and they were talking about the protests after the game, they said Levein be leaving after Sunday regardless of the result.

Well that didn’t happen. Levein has dug in. Hecky isn’t going anywhere.

If Hearts lose the Derby it’s game over for Levein, if we lose Hecky will probably keep his job!

The Leith Dutch
16-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Bit in bold is completely unnecessary - you've made it clear that you think Hearts are no threat to us whatsoever. Other opinions are available.

Other people who've watched how Hibs are playing right now have seen reasons to be concerned not the least of which being that Hearts have at least scored some goals in their last 180 minutes of competitive football. No that doesn't make them a good team but on current evidence neither are we - that's not some kind of agenda against Hibs.....it's just a realistic assessment of the current reality: we're looking like a poor side under PH and, from the last two games, our confidence in front of goal will be lacking. Theirs, for all their other many woes, isn't.

The idea that this could lead to a bad result for us isn't some kind of far-fetched heresy.

I'm Spartacus
16-09-2019, 01:02 PM
I'm not starting a poll (as I don't know how to!)

But:

1) Win on Sunday, city bragging rights, paper over the cracks and he stays for 3 more league games potentially leaving us rock bottom after 9 games and out the cup (Killie cup A, Celtic H, Aberdeen A, Hamilton A)
2) Take the defeat, get him out the door and start the season again from Monday (leaving them to deal with our option 1)
3) Win on Sunday, city bragging rights, still sack him on Monday

(A 3 year deal to pay up early doors for Ron, how gutted would you be?)

flash
16-09-2019, 01:05 PM
I'm not starting a poll (as I don't know how to!)

But:

1) Win on Sunday, city bragging rights, paper over the cracks and he stays for 3 more league games potentially leaving us rock bottom after 9 games and out the cup (Killie cup A, Celtic H, Aberdeen A, Hamilton A)
2) Take the defeat, get him out the door and start the season again from Monday (leaving them to deal with our option 1)
3) Win on Sunday, city bragging rights, still sack him on Monday

(A 3 year deal to pay up early doors for Ron, how gutted would you be?)
Anyone who picks 2 shouldn't bother going on Sunday.

Hibby70
16-09-2019, 01:48 PM
A win on Sunday
Win and progress to Hampden the following week

What do we do? What should we do? Can't imagine he'll get sacked following those 2 results. Seems like a good couple of fixtures which the board can act on or not.

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 01:49 PM
If we beat Hearts and get to the SF then his job is safe for the moment. The derby win alone will get a few supporters off his back, especially if it's convincing.

I just want to see evidence that we can compete in games.

scooby
16-09-2019, 02:00 PM
I don't see the point in waiting, Levein will have Hertz right up for the derby and Killie are likely to knock us out of the cup. Then it's too late.

GreenCastle
16-09-2019, 02:11 PM
I don't see the point in waiting, Levein will have Hertz right up for the derby and Killie are likely to knock us out of the cup. Then it's too late.

Yup.

It's like the Hibs board need to justify a decision with 2 more bad results to say we gave you a chance.

When in reality he would be out the door and new manager in to give a boost before 2 important games.

Hibeesmad
16-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Well that didn’t happen. Levein has dug in. Hecky isn’t going anywhere.

If Hearts lose the Derby it’s game over for Levein, if we lose Hecky will probably keep his job!

What didn't happen?

HFCdeb
16-09-2019, 02:33 PM
That is all.

Amen.

I'm Spartacus
16-09-2019, 03:21 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47847002

8th April 2019 :(

Captain Trips
16-09-2019, 04:03 PM
I am not impressed at all however I have been thinking that if we beat hearts he should get until we have played a complete round of fixtures. I want him to pick all his new players if available as well. I understand folk wanting rid and I will not argue that one bit and I will not be bothered either. I wanted rid of Fenlon as early as some on here what rid of PH so that's fair enough.

I want the full round of fixtures and his signings picked.

Carheenlea
16-09-2019, 04:47 PM
I am not impressed at all however I have been thinking that if we beat hearts he should get until we have played a complete round of fixtures. I want him to pick all his new players if available as well. I understand folk wanting rid and I will not argue that one bit and I will not be bothered either. I wanted rid of Fenlon as early as some on here what rid of PH so that's fair enough.

Do you feel his signings are better than those who are keeping them out the starting 11, or would a team including his signings be a better all round side? I’ve yet to see much evidence of that being the case.

Wilson
16-09-2019, 04:48 PM

He isn't playing his own signings. You might be waiting a while.

Anyway, we wont beat Hearts.

Captain Trips
16-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Do you feel his signings are better than those who are keeping them out the starting 11, or would a team including his signings be a better all round side? I’ve yet to see much evidence of that being the case.

No idea we have been rubbish so just want to see all the players have a go see what happens. I am not expecting much but just trying to be fair I guess.

hhibs
16-09-2019, 05:38 PM
This shouldn't even need to involve Ron Gordon though.

Leanne has to make the decision to act now, just like she did when we punted Butcher (fair enough after relegation. But hopefully she's learnt from that) who she was close with from the 'Well days.

Sorry ,I see her as a major part of our problems her performance since 2016 has been awful.

Time for both to go IMO

As it happens I also think Ron Gordon is unlikely to let things limp along for long.

jacomo
16-09-2019, 05:45 PM
What didn't happen?

Levein getting the boot yesterday.

jacomo
16-09-2019, 05:50 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47847002

8th April 2019 :(

McNulty and Omeonga both were a big part of that run. Now we’ve lost them and Milligan too, and the manager is trying to get Mallan and Allan into the same team (Newell seems all but forgotten already).

If anything, that article shows that he’s the author of his own demise... although I will absolutely accept we’ve had some bad luck with injuries.

16-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Levein getting the boot yesterday.

He meant next sunday

Onion
16-09-2019, 06:06 PM
McNulty and Omeonga both were a big part of that run. Now we’ve lost them and Milligan too, and the manager is trying to get Mallan and Allan into the same team (Newell seems all but forgotten already).

If anything, that article shows that he’s the author of his own demise... although I will absolutely accept we’ve had some bad luck with injuries.

All teams have to deal with injuries, Well, St J and Killie didn't need anyone of the calibre of McNulty and Omeonga to deal with Hibs. If PH is weeping over the loss of £1M goalscorers and top midfielders and needs them to win games against teams like that then he needs sacked.

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Bartley on Sportsound says he expects Heckingbottom will be under no pressure from the Hibs board, and given his connection to the club I'm inclined to believe him.

He's here for the long haul, lads. Best get used to it.

Heisenberg
16-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Bartley on Sportsound says he expects Heckingbottom will be under no pressure from the Hibs board, and given his connection to the club I'm inclined to believe him.

Bartley won’t have a clue what’s going on at board level. Especially with the new ownership.

Smartie
16-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Bartley won’t have a clue what’s going on at board level. Especially with the new ownership.

Bartley will be pals with most of our squad who will have a certain amount of fact and a whole lot of opinion about what is going on at boardroom level.

I've been listening to the programme, Bartley come across really well and Stewart as usual is bang on the money.

It's a decent listen, you can go back to about 19:00 to hear the Hibs bit.

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_scotland_mw

Stuart93
16-09-2019, 06:26 PM

You think he’ll still be here for the long haul if we’re flirting with the bottom of the table come December? Absolutely no danger

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2019, 06:32 PM

American/Peruvians don’t do failure

It upsets them at breakfast

It will be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand

Heisenberg
16-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Bartley will be pals with most of our squad who will have a certain amount of fact and a whole lot of opinion about what is going on at boardroom level.

I've been listening to the programme, Bartley come across really well and Stewart as usual is bang on the money.

It's a decent listen, you can go back to about 19:00 to hear the Hibs bit.

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_scotland_mw

The players won’t have a clue IMO. They’ll generally find out any proper news about a manager when it’s already happened.

By all accounts Heckingbottom’s players love him. He’s just another Colin Calderwood.

The Leith Dutch
16-09-2019, 06:45 PM

No danger he's here for the long run unless he turns the results round.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 06:57 PM
No danger he's here for the long run unless he turns the results round.

Yep that is the only way he will survive. Needs to put together a run of performances and results. If not he willl go. There is no way that anyone at the club including the manager and the board will not be concerned however and thinking logically he probably does need a little more time.

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Have you predicted a correct result all season?

We scored a goal to win 1-0 with less than ten minutes to go, how on earth is that not scraping past a team?

What one sided derbies over the last couple of years? They beat us at Easter road last year and then drew with a team of kids resting their players for the cup final. We very rarely turn up against them even when we are good and they are *****.

We’ve been pumped off Killie and Motherwell, humiliated at Ibrox and Forthbank and needed extra time to dispose of Morton having been 2 up.

Where on earth have you any confidence from?

What did you predict against Motherwell? “Oh they are ***** Hearts beat them” ****ged rotten. Killie yesterday? You’re losing major credibility by never admitting that maybe you’ve backed the wrong horse and got it wrong. There’s no shame, you backed the manager, a dud manager and a shambles he’s brought to the club. Guaranteed when he’s punted you use the **** he brought to the club as an excuse if the next guy in charge is rank too.

Im losing major credibility? Hibs fans creaming themselves over a Hearts team that are bottom of the league having not won a game or over Steven Naismith who is apparently set to run riot.. now that’s losing credibility. Even their own fans don’t see any of these positives that some of our fans are adamant are there.

I’ll take losing credibility when supporting my team over losing it because I’m hyping up our even worse rivals any day.

angus hibby
16-09-2019, 07:20 PM
The players won’t have a clue IMO. They’ll generally find out any proper news about a manager when it’s already happened.

By all accounts Heckingbottom’s players love him. He’s just another Colin Calderwood.

Did the squad Calderwood had love working under him?

Since452
16-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Im losing major credibility? Hibs fans creaming themselves over a Hearts team that are bottom of the league having not won a game or over Steven Naismith who is apparently set to run riot.. now that’s losing credibility. Even their own fans don’t see any of these positives that some of our fans are adamant are there.

I’ll take losing credibility when supporting my team over losing it because I’m hyping up our even worse rivals any day.

Hearts have won 2 league games in 2019. If we don't beat them I'll be raging.

angus hibby
16-09-2019, 07:24 PM

Interesting to listen the reasons Bartley and Milligan were deemed surplus to requirements. Heckingbottom planning to have a team who dominates possession and doesn’t see the need for a midfielder who is just a spoiler, like those two were. Hasn’t quite worked yet but at least it gives an insight as to his thinking (whether or not you agree with it).

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Did the squad Calderwood had love working under him?

I’m sure it was Ian Murray who spoke quite a lot about how good a coach he was, how good training was etc.

bingo70
16-09-2019, 07:26 PM

It’s not creaming yourself over Hearts, it’s opening your eyes to the problems Hibs have got just now. You might not like to admit it but Hearts are a different side when Naismith plays.

You obviously want to bury your head in the sand and think it’ll all be fine, that’s great, I wish I could do that, I’ll continue to give my honest opinion though.

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Hearts have won 2 league games in 2019. If we don't beat them I'll be raging.

They’re going to hump us though. Probably by 4. And that Steven Naismith, basically the white Messi. All the evidence points to it don’t you know?

:rolleyes:

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 07:27 PM
It’s not creaming yourself over Hearts, it’s opening your eyes to the problems Hibs have got just now. You might not like to admit it but Hearts are a different side when Naismith plays.

You obviously want to bury your head in the sand and think it’ll all be fine, that’s great, I wish I could do that, I’ll continue to give my honest opinion though.

No, it’s definitely creaming themselves over Hearts. People are literally slaughtering us while refusing to acknowledge how bad they are and predicting that they’re going to skelp us. Some are actually openly wanting it to happen.

They absolutely might beat us. But there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that a team that haven’t won a game this season (since were having to be selective with statistics so that people can say they’re scoring goals and we’re not and removing the league cup games) are going to skelp us.

Since452
16-09-2019, 07:28 PM
They’re going to hump us though. Probably by 4. And that Steven Naismith, basically the white Messi. All the evidence points to it don’t you know?

Quite worrying the inferiority complex some folk have when it comes to them. Right now the only thing Hearts are better at Hibs at is being *****. We've generally schooled them since 2015

Smartie
16-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Quite worrying the inferiority complex some folk have when it comes to them. Right now the only thing Hearts are better at Hibs at is being *****. We've generally schooled them since 2015

We've generally had a midfield since 2015.

bingo70
16-09-2019, 07:37 PM
No, it’s definitely creaming themselves over Hearts. People are literally slaughtering us while refusing to acknowledge how bad they are and predicting that they’re going to skelp us. Some are actually openly wanting it to happen.

No, it’s definitely not.

Hearts are not a good side at all, I still think they’ll beat us comfortably on Sunday though. We are a terrible side, I personally think you’re under estimating how bad we are. If we were scoring goals but conceding loads I’d fancy our chances, if we were tight defensively but struggling to score I’d fancy our chances but we can’t defend, we’re not scoring goals and we don’t have a midfielder that can tackle, for a derby that is a really worrying situation to be in.

You might want to make smart comments about Naismith being called the Messi all you want but the fact of the matter is he’s a very good player at our level and he always causes us problems, if Hearts could keep him fit they’d be a much better side, the fact they can’t keep him fit is good news for us in terms of their league position but it won’t help us next Sunday.

The Leith Dutch
16-09-2019, 07:40 PM

They absolutely might beat us. But there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that a team that haven’t won a game this season (since were having to be selective with statistics so that people can say they’re scoring goals and we’re not and removing the league cup games) are going to skelp us.

FFS - you're just making stuff up now.

Nobody is saying they're going to beat us by 4 and nobody is creaming themselves over hearts.
Try reading the posts before chucking your toys out the pram every time someone has a different opinion.

As it stands right now we're both bad teams. Some people think they may pose a threat to us - a reasonable opinion being discussed.
It doesn't make someone anti Hibs and it doesn't mean we're talking Hearts up to be Barcelona.

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Nobody is saying they're going to beat us by 4 and nobody is creaming themselves over hearts.
Try reading the posts before chucking your toys out the pram every time someone has a different opinion.

As it stands right now we're both bad teams. Some people think they may pose a threat to us - a reasonable opinion being discussed.
It doesn't make someone anti Hibs and it doesn't mean we're talking Hearts up to be Barcelona.

Oh I can assure you I’m not making things up. Theres a poster on this site who has predicted a 4 goal defeat, there’s numerous posters predicting 4-1 and 5-0 defeats on the Derby prediction thread and theres been numerous posters who have declared that they’d take a defeat to get PH out the club. They’ll be easy enough to find if you can be arsed to have a look (I don’t blame you if you can’t of course, I can never be bothered trawling through posts either when people suggest it to me :greengrin)

bingo70
16-09-2019, 07:45 PM

https://twitter.com/fitbametrics/status/1173456465748611072?s=21

These guys look into the stats in a bit more depth and they don’t just say “we scored 5 against Morton we must be good going forward” or “we got a W beside us against Stirling Albion, that shows we’re winning games”, the proper analysis they’ve done shows Hearts will likely finish above us, and they’ve got a record for being pretty accurate IIRC.

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/fitbametrics/status/1173456465748611072?s=21

These guys look into the stats in a bit more depth and they don’t just say “we scored 5 against Morton we must be good going forward” or “we got a W beside us against Stirling Albion, that shows we’re winning games”, the proper analysis they’ve done shows Hearts will likely finish above us, and they’ve got a record for being pretty accurate IIRC.

You’re adamant we’re not allowed to reference league cup games most of the time, why you using them now? :confused:

bingo70
16-09-2019, 07:50 PM
You’re adamant we’re not allowed to reference league cup games most of the time, why you using them now? :confused:

I’m not? I’m saying you shouldn’t be using them as they don’t show the full picture? The link I referred to is only for the league games and I’m saying that is an accurate reflection of where we are just now.

Robbo6-2
16-09-2019, 07:53 PM
We are absolutely honking at the minute and would be amazed if hearts dont grind out a result against us.

Whether that means he gets sacked or not is a different matter

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 07:54 PM
I’m not? I’m saying you shouldn’t be using them as they don’t show the full picture? The link I referred to is only for the league games and I’m saying that is an accurate reflection of where we are just now.

You’re right, it’s too simplistic just to look at the numbers.

We’ve scored four in five league games which shows our shortcomings against any form of half decent opposition. We’re toothless.

bingo70
16-09-2019, 07:58 PM
You’re right, it’s too simplistic just to look at the numbers.

We’ve scored four in five league games which shows our shortcomings against any form of half decent opposition. We’re toothless.

And that’s just going forward, going the other way we’re worse. Anyone who genuinely fancies Hibs to beat anyone this weekend is kidding themselves on IMO.

Thankfully football has a habit of throwing up shocks when you least expect it so I’ll be there on Sunday hoping this is one of those occasions, my expectations are low though.

jacomo
16-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Interesting to listen the reasons Bartley and Milligan were deemed surplus to requirements. Heckingbottom planning to have a team who dominates possession and doesn’t see the need for a midfielder who is just a spoiler, like those two were. Hasn’t quite worked yet but at least it gives an insight as to his thinking (whether or not you agree with it).

It makes me worry.

We aren’t Man City and he certainly isn’t Pep.

Gerard
16-09-2019, 08:07 PM
I think at best we will get a draw against Hearts. I would be surprised if we beat Kilmarnock in the cup and get anything from the next games against Celtic .
PH appears to have compelling reasons to explain why we continue to lose games. At the moment we can still have a good season if we change our HC and the assistant.
I can not see how PH can make his team a winning team.
If we continue with him we will not be in cups and will face a hard fight to stay in the SPL. Getting relegated is a financial disaster and as we have seen getting promoted to the SPL is not easy.
If we get beat by Hearts in the next derby I think that there has to be a new HC and assistant hired. There will be a cost in doing this but the cost of relegation and loss if cup income will probably be much greater.
This is a time for the Hibs BODS to take the correct course of action and do the right thing for the club,employees and all the stakeholders in the club.

lord bunberry
16-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Loads of people are predicting us to get hammered on Sunday. Loads of people are saying they’ll be more up for it than us despite the fact they’ve got a worse derby record than us in recent years. They’re an absolutely piss poor team with an even worse manager. I’m not saying we’ll beat them because we’re struggling as well, but have a read of the predictions thread and tell me why given the current state of the two teams are so many predicting a hearts win.

mcfly
16-09-2019, 09:07 PM

Love big marv and wish he was playing on Sunday.

However if we lose on Sunday the fans will turn on Heckingbottom and the board and he will be gone.

Fans get managers sacked as the board will be terrified crowds plummet and the risk of losing 3-4 k season tickets is too big.

Alex Trager
16-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Messi’s the white Messi

calumhibee1
16-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Messi’s the white Messi

I have no idea why I said that :greengrin

Alex Trager
16-09-2019, 09:19 PM

[emoji2957]

majorhibs
16-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Loads of people are predicting us to get hammered on Sunday. Loads of people are saying they’ll be more up for it than us despite the fact they’ve got a worse derby record than us in recent years. They’re an absolutely piss poor team with an even worse manager. I’m not saying we’ll beat them because we’re struggling as well, but have a read of the predictions thread and tell me why given the current state of the two teams are so many predicting a hearts win.

Behave! This Hibs team will not win ANY game let alone a derby, total lost cause under this “manager” admit mistakes made & rectify soonest or struggling at bottom of the league like under butcher, another engerloid who thought it’d be easy, beckons.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Love big marv and wish he was playing on Sunday.

However if we lose on Sunday the fans will turn on Heckingbottom and the board and he will be gone.

Fans get managers sacked as the board will be terrified crowds plummet and the risk of losing 3-4 k season tickets is too big.

I have been watching HIBS for fifty plus years and I am starting to think why continue to torture myself there are better things I could be doing on a Saturday and I am sure I am not alone

flash
16-09-2019, 09:44 PM
And that’s just going forward, going the other way we’re worse. Anyone who genuinely fancies Hibs to beat anyone this weekend is kidding themselves on IMO.

Thankfully football has a habit of throwing up shocks when you least expect it so I’ll be there on Sunday hoping this is one of those occasions, my expectations are low though.

FFS when did Hertz last win away and when did we last lose at home? And when did they last win a derby? Sales of Pampers must be going through the roof in Leith.

FifeHibs
16-09-2019, 10:05 PM
FFS when did Hertz last win away and when did we last lose at home? And when did they last win a derby? Sales of Pampers must be going through the roof in Leith.

Have you been to any games this year? We have no midfield and can't score whilst we concede for fun.
Our defence has leaked 13 goals in the last 4 league games and we have scored 3.

The 90+2
16-09-2019, 10:23 PM

I just want to say congratulations to Stirling Albion for not losing for the first time since they played us on Saturday. Poppers must be going through the roof in your house.

ddoc
17-09-2019, 02:11 AM

I have been watching HIBS for fifty plus years and I am starting to think why continue to torture myself there are better things I could be doing on a Saturday and I am sure I am not alone

I am in the same boat. I have seen / listened to every game on Hibs TV since PH took over the reins. I was caught up in the hype with him securing us a top 6 place, but we were no better than average after the split in the majority of the games.
This season has been dire and I am questioning my sanity at getting out of bed to watch a team that can barely string together 3 passes, get a cross in past the first defender or are second to every loose ball.
I am a 'glass half full' guy but there just seems to be a malaise around our team that is not going to lift until we have a new management team in situ.

FilipinoHibs
17-09-2019, 02:43 AM

Technically hispanic but at the fair end of the range. Naismith the blonde Messi?

lord bunberry
17-09-2019, 04:23 AM
Behave! This Hibs team will not win ANY game let alone a derby, total lost cause under this “manager” admit mistakes made & rectify soonest or struggling at bottom of the league like under butcher, another engerloid who thought it’d be easy, beckons.
This hibs team already have won a game, which is more than can be said for hearts this season.

Since452
17-09-2019, 05:14 AM
This hibs team already have won a game, which is more than can be said for hearts this season.

And 10 seconds away from winning another. 3/4-0 Hibs. Hearts are dug*****. We played better teams in the league cup

bingo70
17-09-2019, 05:41 AM

Hearts have beat Motherwell away this season, I know it was in the league cup but it shows they’re capable of beating a decent side away from home.

flash
17-09-2019, 05:51 AM
Have you been to any games this year? We have no midfield and can't score whilst we concede for fun.
Our defence has leaked 13 goals in the last 4 league games and we have scored 3.

I just want to say congratulations to Stirling Albion for not losing for the first time since they played us on Saturday. Poppers must be going through the roof in your house.

The most heinous crime possible in this forum. Backing the team. I plead guilty. FTH.

silverhibee
17-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Will be a boring 0-0 draw.

HibbyAndy
17-09-2019, 06:05 AM
Will be a boring 0-0 draw.

Not a hope in hell we are keeping a clean sheet

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2019, 06:16 AM
I am in the same boat. I have seen / listened to every game on Hibs TV since PH took over the reins. I was caught up in the hype with him securing us a top 6 place, but we were no better than average after the split in the majority of the games.
This season has been dire and I am questioning my sanity at getting out of bed to watch a team that can barely string together 3 passes, get a cross in past the first defender or are second to every loose ball.
I am a 'glass half full' guy but there just seems to be a malaise around our team that is not going to lift until we have a new management team in situ.

:aok:

Dr Jimmy
17-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Hearts have beat Motherwell away this season, I know it was in the league cup but it shows they’re capable of beating a decent side away from home.

Yep, don’t think they are as bad away from home.
If we had them at the PBS their crowd would make their team very nervous, unfortunately this could happen to us on Sunday.

Being at home is actually a disadvantage in this game.

lord bunberry
17-09-2019, 07:59 AM
If we had them at the PBS their crowd would make their team very nervous, unfortunately this could happen to us on Sunday.

We haven’t lost a game at home this season.

Captain Trips
17-09-2019, 10:28 AM

No its not the only disadvantages we have are the tactics motivation and team selections our manager makes this weekend. If he gets it all correct we will win but he has not shown very much sign of mastering some of the disciplines required. Players also take note that we will have none of your pishy lacklustre attempts at defending, passing a ball more than 5yds and of course scoring.

Diclonius
17-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Last ten derbies at ER:
Win: 6
Draw: 2
Loss: 2

skyhibs
17-09-2019, 10:55 AM
We cant score but we can let them in...... we will lose 0-3.....

I really hope we win this and then sack Heky

The Leith Dutch
17-09-2019, 10:56 AM
No its not the only disadvantages we have are the tactics motivation and team selections our manager makes this weekend. If he gets it all correct we will win but he has not shown very much sign of mastering some of the disciplines required. Players also take note that we will have none of your pishy lacklustre attempts at defending, passing a ball more than 5yds and of course scoring.

I don't disagree with any of your analysis but the OPs point regarding disadvantages of being at home in this case seem valid no?

Both home supports right now will be on their respective teams back with the first misplaced pass or missed tackle.
While I clearly don't buy in to PH's "blame the fans" mantra I think both teams are shot confidence wise and the crowd being on their back will be a big disadvantage there.

The away support are often less likely to jump on the team's back partly because of the type of supporter it attracts and partly because of the mentality of having to be very together when you're on the opponent's turf.

Sunday for us is all about the start - if we look up for it or get an early goal I think we'll be fine.
Couple of misplaced passes at the start or, worse, an early goal for them and I'd be worried because the atmosphere will get poisonous very quickly.

mcfly
17-09-2019, 11:07 AM
I’d feel more sympathy for the manager if he tried to get the fans on his side when he came into the job.

Stubbsy and Lennon got it. They knew you have to get the fans on your side straightaway and build a rapport.

This guy doesn’t care about us. He blames us. Well if he keeps up his good form he will soon have an empty stadium and no moaning

The club has worked so hard to get these lost fans back. They can easily disappear and prob take a lot of others too.

The football he promised has not happened, he got rid of fans favs and replaced them with guys who at the moment don’t get the club and what the fans want to watch

Sunday will make or break Heckinbottom- win and it gives him breathing space. Lose and the board will have to act.

I’d be surprised if contingency plans haven’t been discussed already.

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Agree with most of what you say here but even a win on Sunday won’t change things.

I don’t know why Hibs are persisting with him when it’s clear it isn’t working out.

Hakim Sar
17-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Just can't see Heck getting the team prepped with the required intensity and battleground mentality that is sometimes required for this fixture.

I'm sure we will pop the ball around sideways and look pretty for 10 or 15 mins or so, but I see us crumbling under pressure to hoofs up the park, corners and free kicks.

Can see us losing this 3-1

chrisski33
17-09-2019, 11:46 AM
maybe have a banner saying Get Hecky to ****!?

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 12:07 PM

That would be an inspirational masterpiece unfortunately most likely for our opponents.

calumhibee1
17-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Good plan.

flash
17-09-2019, 02:10 PM

Is that the big display in the Famous Five?

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 02:12 PM

Not on Sunday. That’s not going to help the team at all.

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 02:44 PM

When exactly would it help the team? Kilmarnock away? Celtic at home? if a banner goes up saying GTF Hecky then so be it.

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 02:48 PM
When exactly would it help the team? Kilmarnock away? Celtic at home? if a banner goes up saying GTF Hecky then so be it.

Never.

flash
17-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Never. It would be classless and graceless.

scooby
17-09-2019, 03:06 PM
He should have been sacked by now, nothing's gonna change.
Everyone should bring their own A4 HEXIT banners

Cataplana
17-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Never fails to motivate an underperforming team.

neil7908
17-09-2019, 03:44 PM
We just need to accept he'll be in the dug out on Sunday and support the team.

Captain Trips
17-09-2019, 04:06 PM
I don't disagree with any of your analysis but the OPs point regarding disadvantages of being at home in this case seem valid no?

Both home supports right now will be on their respective teams back with the first misplaced pass or missed tackle.
While I clearly don't buy in to PH's "blame the fans" mantra I think both teams are shot confidence wise and the crowd being on their back will be a big disadvantage there.

The away support are often less likely to jump on the team's back partly because of the type of supporter it attracts and partly because of the mentality of having to be very together when you're on the opponent's turf.

Sunday for us is all about the start - if we look up for it or get an early goal I think we'll be fine.
Couple of misplaced passes at the start or, worse, an early goal for them and I'd be worried because the atmosphere will get poisonous very quickly.

Again I will disagree will our fans moan about a bad pass? Very likely. I also think their fans will moan as much also. If both teams perform as they have been their fans will be as pissed off as ours. So I do not think the points are valid as I do not think the fans reaction to anything will change the outcome. If he does his job correctly along with the players selected we will win. If we are booing at HT perhaps its time to try and shut us up why cant that be the talk if not going well?

Captain Trips
17-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Never fails to motivate an underperforming team.

Would you not though just perhaps go with the thought I will show them I am capable or does everyone just curl up and die if moaned at? Maybe now its time to shut us up. He has to show us something that defies the people that want him out therefore he is going to need to use every message of unhappiness on here or he has heard to say have that.

Cataplana
17-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Would you not though just perhaps go with the thought I will show them I am capable or does everyone just curl up and die if moaned at? Maybe now its time to shut us up. He has to show us something that defies the people that want him out therefore he is going to need to use every message of unhappiness on here or he has heard to say have that.

It's usually an excuse for players to hide. Why play for the guy when he's on his way out?

chrisski33
17-09-2019, 05:52 PM

It's not directed at players. It's to the arrogant smug tw@t in the dugout trying to call himself a manager!

flash
17-09-2019, 06:31 PM
It's not directed at players. It's to the arrogant smug tw@t in the dugout trying to call himself a manager!

Bit harsh.

Wilson
17-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Bit harsh.

Quite. He's not that smug.

Speedway
17-09-2019, 07:36 PM

By all accounts he’s a very nice guy but as a manager from Yorkshire, he’s Brian Guff.

chrisski33
17-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Bit harsh.

Not harsh enough tbh

pacoluna
17-09-2019, 08:06 PM

I would prefer a ***** the UDA banner.

Widhibs
18-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Aware its been on other threads but who would we go for as a replacement? Robinson (Well) in The Sun seemingly being considered by others.

bingo70
18-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Aware its been on other threads but who would we go for as a replacement? Robinson (Well) in The Sun seemingly being considered by others.

Hope someone else does get there first.

Don’t think he’s made the top 6 in the last couple of seasons? Think people are getting a bit misty eyed about him on the basis of a couple of good results this season.

Coco Bryce
18-09-2019, 06:48 AM

Best of a really bad bunch to be honest. Just look at how many managers in the SPFL that are on a sticky wicket.

Cataplana
18-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Best of a really bad bunch to be honest. Just look at how many managers in the SPFL that are on a sticky wicket.

Kind of suggests everyone is a bit jumpy.

Gaffer1875
18-09-2019, 07:30 AM
Interesting hearing Si Ferry’s comments on his latest podcast. He says he’s pals with a few Hibs players and states they didn’t like Lennon and now don’t like Hecky.

Stuart93
18-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Interesting hearing Si Ferry’s comments on his latest podcast. He says he’s pals with a few Hibs players and states they didn’t like Lennon and now don’t like Hecky.

Such an easy thing to say though eh “current players don’t like the manager”

And if that’s the case we need a complete clear out

Stuart93
18-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Not harsh enough tbh

Guys clearly out his depth but the name callings a bit childish is it no

Hermit Crab
18-09-2019, 07:49 AM

If its the senior players, if its true they have previous for this sort of pish. They have to go.

Heisenberg
18-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Exactly. The manager has signed poorly which has resulted in us having a total imbalance on the park. From other reports the players love Hecky, but he clearly can’t get them playing.

calumhibee1
18-09-2019, 07:54 AM
If its the senior players, if its true they have previous for this sort of pish. They have to go.

Rumoured to have previous for it. And even then, other than the rumours of Flo feeling like he was being bullied by NL I can’t remember any of them having previous for anything of the sort? If by senior players were talking SDG, Daz, Hanlon, Stevenson etc then I’m at a loss as to when they had previous for this..

Unseen work
18-09-2019, 08:10 AM

I wouldn’t read too much into that tbh.

Players always seem to dislike the manager when they’re losing and when they’re winning it’s all brilliant.

His mates could be guys who aren’t getting a game and hold a grudge.

Tbf I couldn’t care less if they like him or not, but there needs to be a respect.

I agree with what Ferry, Kyle and Slaney were saying that I always performed best when their is a bit of the fear factor and an aura about the manager, you knew your standards had to improve when he is there as he wouldn’t stand for anything less.

I think that sort of manager makes the Saturday experience a lot easier for players too as it’s not a surprise when fans expectations are high. If they’re allowed off with murder in training then go into games thinking that’s acceptable there is a problem

Hibeesmad
18-09-2019, 08:19 AM
I wouldn’t read too much into that tbh.

Players always seem to dislike the manager when they’re losing and when they’re winning it’s all brilliant.

His mates could be guys who aren’t getting a game and hold a grudge.

Tbf I couldn’t care less if they like him or not, but there needs to be a respect.

I agree with what Ferry, Kyle and Slaney were saying that I always performed best when their is a bit of the fear factor and an aura about the manager, you knew your standards had to improve when he is there as he wouldn’t stand for anything less.

I think that sort of manager makes the Saturday experience a lot easier for players too as it’s not a surprise when fans expectations are high. If they’re allowed off with murder in training then go into games thinking that’s acceptable there is a problem

I heard that cracks between the manager and players started to form following the Rangers defeat, manager ripping into players with their response being 'well its your tactics'.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2019, 08:32 AM
I heard that cracks between the manager and players started to form following the Rangers defeat, manager ripping into players with their response being 'well its your tactics'.

To be fair they have a very valid point, his tactics are pish.

makaveli1875
18-09-2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-opens-up-on-his-relationship-with-hibs-owner-ron-gordon-1-5006125
Paul Heckingbottom has claimed both he and new Hibs owner Ron Gordon are on the same page in thier ambitions for the club :confused:

Thats a bit of a worry to be honest

Hibeesmad
18-09-2019, 09:01 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-opens-up-on-his-relationship-with-hibs-owner-ron-gordon-1-5006125
Paul Heckingbottom has claimed both he and new Hibs owner Ron Gordon are on the same page in thier ambitions for the club :confused:

Heckingbottom probably wants the absolute best for the club, but he just can't guide us to where he wants us to be. If he truly wants the best for the club then resigning following a defeat on Sunday would be the obvious decision, but it wouldn't happen.

Since452
18-09-2019, 09:01 AM

And it was working up until the sending off

Diclonius
18-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Our manager isn't arrogant or smug or whatever other personal insults people want to throw at him.

He's a nice guy, but on the evidence so far he just doesn't seem to be a very good manager.

Heisenberg
18-09-2019, 09:03 AM

Was it? We were getting absolutely roasted in the first half and one bit of magic got us a goal back. Game was heading that way again and the sending off just made it worse. He then decided to bring on another striker and hung the players out to dry as they were so open in midfield and at the back.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2019, 09:04 AM

We were very lucky not to be 5-1 down at HT, his tactics were certainly not working!!

Diclonius
18-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Every time we're playing badly there's always a rumour the players don't like the manager or think training is ***** or whatever. Deflection tactics, best ignored.

Peevemor
18-09-2019, 09:05 AM

There's nothing worrying in that interview at all. :confused:

chrisski33
18-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Guys clearly out his depth but the name callings a bit childish is it no

No not really. Esp when he's damaging the club

chrisski33
18-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Current squad esp senior players haven't got previous for this behaviour

Barman Stanton
18-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Our manager isn't arrogant or smug or whatever other personal insults people want to throw at him.

He's a nice guy, but on the evidence so far he just doesn't seem to be a very good manager.

How I see it. I don't really get the arrogant or smug stuff, doesnt come across like that at all. I think its just todays culture where its so easy to insult people online without having to actually look someone in the eyes and do it.

Also agree he doesn't seem a very good manager and its probably better for all parties that he moves on.

Speedway
18-09-2019, 09:41 AM
There's nothing worrying in that interview at all. :confused:

There can’t be, absolutely nothing is said.

we are hibs
18-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Its not purely a hibs fans perspective though. Tom English was on the radio on Monday saying he thinks there is a smugness about him too. I dont agree generally hes been like that but i certainly did when he was on about taking Allan off.

Stuart93
18-09-2019, 09:56 AM
No not really. Esp when he's damaging the club

It is though because he isn’t damaging the club on purpose

The guys moved up here away from his family to manage the club. Aye he might no be good enough and out of his depth but there’s nae need for the name calling and insults.

Captain Trips
18-09-2019, 10:37 AM
It is though because he isn’t damaging the club on purpose

The guys moved up here away from his family to manage the club. Aye he might no be good enough and out of his depth but there’s nae need for the name calling and insults.

The guy will be doing his best if that isn't good enough so be it but indeed personal stuff not needed.

JimBHibees
18-09-2019, 10:42 AM
How I see it. I don't really get the arrogant or smug stuff, doesnt come across like that at all. I think its just todays culture where its so easy to insult people online without having to actually look someone in the eyes and do it.

Also agree he doesn't seem a very good manager and its probably better for all parties that he moves on.

Totally agree the interviews I see he comes over very personably and communicates well. Whether what he is saying or hoping is working on a Saturday is a totally different thing though but certainly to me doesn't appear to be an offensive character. Too easy to criticise all aspects of a person.

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2019, 01:57 PM

You think?

I think the opposite. Smug and arrogant are cracking words to describe him.

I think he's shifty as hell and don't buy the nice guy argument at all.

Badge
18-09-2019, 02:20 PM

How do you know he’s a nice guy.
Have you known him for a long enough time to be able to form that opinion

bigwheel
18-09-2019, 02:24 PM
How do you know he’s a nice guy.
Have you known him for a long enough time to be able to form that opinion

Tbh though , as none of us are likely to know him personally - all views will be as subjective - wouldn’t they ?

paddy1875
18-09-2019, 03:13 PM
His first presser he wore a blue v-neck.

That was the last straw for me

CLASS OF 72 -73
18-09-2019, 04:31 PM

Don't think he is such a nice guy. Smug and arrogant are quite fitting. He came over as very confident but as said before he talks the talk and has no respect for the fans and little affection for Hibs IMO

chrisski33
18-09-2019, 04:32 PM
You think?

I think the opposite. Smug and arrogant are cracking words to describe him.

I think he's shifty as hell and don't buy the nice guy argument at all.
Exactly! Even if we were winning under him I'd describe him as smug and arrogant. Definitely comes across like that. He also seems passionless too which shows in recent performances on the park so clearly isnt inspiring the players

chrisski33
18-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Don't think he is such a nice guy. Smug and arrogant are quite fitting. He came over as very confident but as said before he talks the talk and has no respect for the fans and little affection for Hibs IMO
Careful you will be called out for being childish by some for saying he is smug and arrogant, which he seems to be more than Mr nice!

Diclonius
18-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Sorry guys, just don't see the smug/arrogant thing at all. If we were winning it would just be confidence.

Stuart93
18-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Careful you will be called out for being childish by some for saying he is smug and arrogant, which he seems to be more than Mr nice!

Smug and arrogant are totally fine but no need to referr to him as a twat. Which is what you were called out for

As well as insinuating that what you were saying wasn’t harsh enough. A bit strange

Since452
18-09-2019, 04:40 PM
The personal insults are completely uncalled for to be honest

CLASS OF 72 -73
18-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Smug and arrogant are totally fine but no need to referr to him as a twat. Which is what you were called out for

As well as insinuating that what you were saying wasn’t harsh enough. A bit strange

Agree Tw** out of line

Togs91
18-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Has anyone heard the latest Si Ferry open goal podcast. Quote "I have mates who play for hibs, they didnt like lenny, and they dont like heckingbottom. How many times will players hide behind a manager"

flash
18-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Can someone please explain one single occasion where he has been arrogant?

Iggy Pope
18-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Has anyone heard the latest Si Ferry open goal podcast. Quote "I have mates who play for hibs, they didnt like lenny, and they dont like heckingbottom. How many times will players hide behind a manager"

Who?

1875Sean
18-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Found it interesting, heard a lot of chat about how players have been liking him however maybe it’s turned, he does come across a bit smug/arrogant

chrisski33
18-09-2019, 07:18 PM

Depends if u think coming across as arrogant and smug are good traits to have for me personally it isn't something appealing.

1875Sean
18-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Can someone please explain one single occasion where he has been arrogant?

From the top of my head the smart arse comment when Scott Allan got subbed, remember last season there was a comment about threatening the assist ref too

flash
18-09-2019, 07:45 PM
From the top of my head the smart arse comment when Scott Allan got subbed, remember last season there was a comment about threatening the assist ref too

That wasn't arrogant in my opinion. He was frustrated by the fans reaction and let it show.
The assistant ref comments were more petulant than arrogant surely.

Stuart93
18-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Depends if u think coming across as arrogant and smug are good traits to have for me personally it isn't something appealing.

I’m not saying they are good traits. Just OTT calling a guy who’s probably trying his best for us a twat

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Just like some players, folk seemed determined to dislike him from the start, probably because of the Appleton situation. The first sign of failure he was never going to survive the wrath of the fans. Just how much longer will he last.

Smartie
18-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Just like some players, folk seemed determined to dislike him from the start, probably because of the Appleton situation. The first sign of failure he was never going to survive the wrath of the fans. Just how much longer will he last.

I just don't believe that at all.

We'd all love him to be a success and we were more than happy with him when he had a good start and had the team playing well.

There's nothing personal. Our team is struggling badly and it should be doing much, much better on our budget (even if it has been reduced for whatever reason).

Whenever Hibs are struggling there will be a certain spotlight on the manager. Those with more than a couple of braincells will debate the shortcomings and whether or not they are the manager's fault. Numpties will get personal. It even happened with some very popular players - Mixu and Yogi, which was a disgrace, exactly as it is with Heckingbottom.

Disliking players from the start - is there anything about Newell's background that suggests he is less deserving of support than Gareth Evans or Marvin Bartley? All came from English lower leagues, some impressed us and won us over and some don't do that. It's just the way it is.

B.H.F.C
18-09-2019, 08:12 PM

I don’t see it like that, I just don’t think folk were fooled by the very good early run he had. I don’t think a lot of people could see past the way we just completely rolled over in the Celtic cup tie.

Whilst a lot didn’t get carried away with his unbeaten run in the league, I don’t think folk got too carried away with the abysmal post split fixtures either. There was a fair bit of optimism over the summer. Then the games started....

bingo70
18-09-2019, 08:19 PM
I just don't believe that at all.

We'd all love him to be a success and we were more than happy with him when he had a good start and had the team playing well.

There's nothing personal. Our team is struggling badly and it should be doing much, much better on our budget (even if it has been reduced for whatever reason).

Whenever Hibs are struggling there will be a certain spotlight on the manager. Those with more than a couple of braincells will debate the shortcomings and whether or not they are the manager's fault. Numpties will get personal. It even happened with some very popular players - Mixu and Yogi, which was a disgrace, exactly as it is with Heckingbottom.

Disliking players from the start - is there anything about Newell's background that suggests he is less deserving of support than Gareth Evans or Marvin Bartley? All came from English lower leagues, some impressed us and won us over and some don't do that. It's just the way it is.

I think there’s something in it.

There was something about him that just never clicked with a lot of people from the start. I started a thread about it on the PM board that it felt like people were waiting for him to fail and he didn’t have anywhere near the credit in the bank he should have after the start he made.

I don’t know if arrogant is the right word, I’ve always quite liked him as a personality, thought he seemed quite smart and well spoken. Maybe he doesn’t come across as “one of us” enough for some people.

Something that never really struck me before someone mentioned it today but he doesn’t really show much emotion or enthusiasm and it’s all just very calm, there’s a time and a place for that but I’m not sure it’s an attribute fans can really relate to.

B.H.F.C
18-09-2019, 08:29 PM
I think there’s something in it.

There was something about him that just never clicked with a lot of people from the start. I started a thread about it on the PM board that it felt like people were waiting for him to fail and he didn’t have anywhere near the credit in the bank he should have after the start he made.

I don’t know if arrogant is the right word, I’ve always quite liked him as a personality, thought he seemed quite smart and well spoken. Maybe he doesn’t come across as “one of us” enough for some people.

Something that never really struck me before someone mentioned it today but he doesn’t really show much emotion or enthusiasm and it’s all just very calm, there’s a time and a place for that but I’m not sure it’s an attribute fans can really relate to.

On the last paragraph I think that personality is reflected in his team. No enthusiasm. No spark.

Bobby's Cinema
18-09-2019, 08:30 PM
A big difference for me is under Lennon I would look out for and watch the 10min vids of press conferences during the week wanted to hear what he had to say, normally an interesting insight.

Haven’t watched anything from the new manager.

Doesn’t come across to me as arrogant. Just boring

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Absolutely nothing to do with Appleton.

Is there anyone out there that’s saying they’d have rather have had him? If so I’ve missed it.

It’s nothing personal at all. It’s his complete failure that has brought the wrath of the fans.

bingo70
18-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Is there anyone out there that’s saying they’d have rather have had him? If so I’ve missed it.

It’s nothing personal at all. It’s his complete failure that has brought the wrath of the fans.

But lots of fans didn’t take to him before he was a failure.

One Day Soon
18-09-2019, 08:43 PM

I took to him early on and thought he had real potential. That Celtic cup game was a genuine turning point for me though. Playing for a draw and no spirit at all at a home game in the cup, *** disgraceful.

Smartie
18-09-2019, 08:45 PM
He had a couple of tough acts to follow, if anything I think it is that.

Stubbs secured the holy grail so will forever be held in high esteem by as close to all of us as you'll get. He gave us a team to be proud of after a dark period.

Lennon was a bit of a coup for us and following on from our cup win I think a wee bit of entitlement developed amongst our support. PH is lower profile than our last manager, arguably our last few, and I think a few of the Jonny come lately lot maybe felt they were entitled to a higher profile manager.

I still quite like him. I like calm, methodical, thoughtful and personable and I think he's all of the above. What I don't like is a midfield you could drive a bus through and I'm afraid that is what he has created and is costing us dearly. I'd like nothing more than for him to win well on Sunday and turn this around but I just don't see it happening.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2019, 08:47 PM
A big difference for me is under Lennon I would look out for and watch the 10min vids of press conferences during the week wanted to hear what he had to say, normally an interesting insight.

Haven’t watched anything from the new manager.

Doesn’t come across to me as arrogant. Just boring

Was that before or after you had waded through the numerous questions Lennon was asked about Celtic during his press conferences?

It wasn't necessarily his fault but I got a bit fed up watching his interviews when a large amount of time was spent answering questions about Celtic and the Old Firm in general.

bingo70
18-09-2019, 08:48 PM
I took to him early on and thought he had real potential. That Celtic cup game was a genuine turning point for me though. Playing for a draw and no spirit at all at a home game in the cup, *** disgraceful.

That’s what I mean though, up until that game he had a good record.

One bad performance and people Changed their opinion of him? I know it was the manner of the defeat that was the problem but at the time it was still just one bad performance.

Hindsight obviously tells us that was a sign of things to come but after that one bad result/performance a lot of people turned on him.

WhileTheChief..

Agreed. I’m one of them!

Stokesy's on fire
He had a couple of tough acts to follow, if anything I think it is that.

Stubbs secured the holy grail so will forever be held in high esteem by as close to all of us as you'll get. He gave us a team to be proud of after a dark period.

Lennon was a bit of a coup for us and following on from our cup win I think a wee bit of entitlement developed amongst our support. PH is lower profile than our last manager, arguably our last few, and I think a few of the Jonny come lately lot maybe felt they were entitled to a higher profile manager.

I still quite like him. I like calm, methodical, thoughtful and personable and I think he's all of the above. What I don't like is a midfield you could drive a bus through and I'm afraid that is what he has created and is costing us dearly. I'd like nothing more than for him to win well on Sunday and turn this around but I just don't see it happening.

Sense of entitlement? We should be demanding high standards this club has spent years and years building for the future well now its time that all the hard work paid off.

Smartie
18-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Sense of entitlement? We should be demanding high standards this club has spent years and years building for the future well now its time that all the hard work paid off.

I agree with all of that, but getting another manager of Lennon's profile to come to us was going to be a big ask.

Some folk were always going to be disappointed and as a result may be impatient with a new man.

There's nothing about his track record or personality that are a problem. He's dicked up the midfield, that's all.

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2019, 08:59 PM

I disagree, he was not the first choice and that was enough for plenty of fans to be against him from day one, absolutely no doubt about it

bingo70
18-09-2019, 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1174419009036419072?s=21

I’ve said before that I quite like the guy but wee interviews like this haven’t done him much good when it comes to his popularity I don’t think.

It’s just a wee thing and it’s a throw away comment about the fans that ‘judge them on a game to game basis’ (or words to that effect)

To me there’s a bit of an implication there that he knows more than the fans that are only judging him on a game to game basis, like there’s some sort of bigger picture that we can’t see that he can.

Marvellous
18-09-2019, 09:20 PM

I’ve said before that I quite like the guy but wee interviews like this haven’t done him much good when it comes to his popularity I don’t think.

It’s just a wee thing and it’s a throw away comment about the fans that ‘judge them on a game to game basis’ (or words to that effect)

To me there’s a bit of an implication there that he knows more than the fans that are only judging him on a game to game basis, like there’s some sort of bigger picture that we can’t see that he can.

Jesus Christ man, you been refreshing google waiting for any snippet of news to have a go at him for? Is this really the best you've found?

bingo70
18-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Jesus Christ man, you been refreshing google waiting for any snippet of news to have a go at him for? Is this really the best you've found?

Wouldn’t really need to look far to be honest.

I think in a debate that touches on his personality and why some people have just never taken to him wee things like that are relevant.

Marvellous
18-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Wouldn’t really need to look far to be honest.

I think in a debate that touches on his personality and why some people have just never taken to him wee things like that are relevant.

Wee things like what? He said he gets judged on a game to game basis, i.e he's judged every week regardless of how well things are going, so this week is no different in terms of pressure. You've posted this saying that he "doesn't help himself" and he thinks he knows better than the fans? That's some leap. Good timing though, he's not getting much criticism as it is already, so completely made up pish like this will go down a treat and be really helpful.

My_Wife_Camille
18-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Agreed. Heckingbottoms slightly more articulate version of Yogi’s ‘fitba folk ken’ comments imo. That’s arrogant for me.

The_Horde
18-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Wee things like what? He said he gets judged on a game to game basis, i.e he's judged every week regardless of how well things are going, so this week is no different in terms of pressure. You've posted this saying that he "doesn't help himself" and he thinks he knows better than the fans? That's some leap. Good timing though, he's not getting much criticism as it is already, so completely made up pish like this will go down a treat and be really helpful.

It's hardly the inspiring words of a leader though is it?

Mixu62
18-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Perhaps smug and arrogant aren't the right words...maybe aloof. Just going from what I've seen of him on media/interviews.

The way he dismissed any chance of McGeough returning even though he was available. The way he addressed fans displeasure at playing Allan on the right then taking him off. Doesn't do himself any favours. I'd rather he goes sooner as he seems like a decent enough guy and hate when it gets ugly, like the end of Fenlon's tenure. Another decent bloke who just didn't quite achieve, though Heck has had a lot more money to spend than Pat got.

Nicho87
18-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Looking back at the start he made I think he got lucky in some games. I’ve never once came away from any of his games yet and felt really positive about what he’s trying to implement. Talks a good game which what probably got him the job. High pressing attacking football etc. Still yet to be seen.

It’s a question of when rather than if now.

SquashedFrogg
18-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Agreed. I’m one of them!

Genuinely curious as to why? Appreciate Lennon going to Celtic was hard to accept, but why didn't you give our new manager a chance?

Maybe I'm too soft but I'll give every new player/manager the benefit of doubt before being critical.

The 90+2
18-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Agreed. Heckingbottoms slightly more articulate version of Yogi’s ‘fitba folk ken’ comments imo. That’s arrogant for me.

He’s a mix of Yogi and Calderwood.

Arrogance while under estimating Scottish football. He’s not got a clue at all.