PDA

View Full Version : Free agents

neil7908
14-09-2019, 12:34 AM
Evening News has a piece with players currently out of contract that could be looked at by us and Hearts:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/13-free-agents-hearts-and-hibs-could-sign-outside-the-transfer-window-1-5003717#comments-area

All total baseless speculation of course but some interesting players still available.

Annoyingly no names in the article but many will be familiar based on the photos. Mostly older pros but would take a few until the end of the season given our current form. Mulumbu and Morrison the stand outs for me.

gegs70
14-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Apparently we have no money to spend on any players.... Budget has gone!

Eyrie
14-09-2019, 09:00 AM
If we were going to add anyone (hopefully for the gaping hole in midfield) then we would have brought them in during the international break. The fact that we didn't means that either Heckingbottom is happy with who we have, or that the kitty is empty.

If it's the latter, then the saving on wages will actually cost us more in prize money and attendances when we finish lower in the league.

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 09:08 AM
We could sell East Mains to pay for them.

Hibiza
14-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Budget gone by the sound of things.

Halmyre Hibee
14-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Maybe we should be readdressing the playing budget. I would guess that if we are in any danger of going down in January then suddenly money will become available. Again if we get on a good run and battling for a European spot then money might be available. If we are in no mans land with little chance of either then we’ll probably just see the season out with what we have. Love the Hibs but something not quite right at the club just now. Everyone needs to be pulling in the right direction.

Nicho87
14-09-2019, 10:18 AM
We could sell East Mains to pay for them.

Something that isn’t getting used clearly anyway

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Something that isn’t getting used clearly anyway

I know, Turnbull's Tornadoes trained in public parks and it didn't do them any harm.

MSK
14-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Something that isn’t getting used clearly anywayThey train there, how is it not getting used ?

Paisley Hibby
14-09-2019, 12:39 PM
They train there, how is it not getting used ?

Whoooosh?

MSK
14-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Whoooosh?Oh ****, a whoosh !! How utterly embarrassing, will need to up my game to avoid further whooshes !!

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Oh ****, a whoosh !! How utterly embarrassing, will need to up my game to avoid further whooshes !!

Must try harder.

MSK
14-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Must try harder.First ever .net whooshing, don't think I will ever recover from that absolute red necker, think I will just slink into obscurity now

lyonhibs
14-09-2019, 01:32 PM
:faf::faf: Some of those suggestions are brilliant. Premiership regulars some of them last season, now the EEN think that either Edinburgh club has the money to match their wage demands.

Righto.

jacomo
14-09-2019, 01:38 PM
:faf::faf: Some of those suggestions are brilliant. Premiership regulars some of them last season, now the EEN think that either Edinburgh club has the money to match their wage demands.

Righto.

Pretty much the route that took Mulumbu to Killie.

Obviously it’s far from easy to sign guys who have been earning way more than we can afford, but as free agents they are earning nothing.

Speedy
14-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Righto.

None of them strike me as being out of reach (certainly on a short term deal)