PDA

View Full Version : Former Hibs player cons women out of £24k

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Can anyone remember this boy being at the club? Ivan Nkazi

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-conned-out-thousands-fraudster-19120302

ahibby
13-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Can anyone remember this boy being at the club? Ivan Nkazi

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-conned-out-thousands-fraudster-19120302

Is this the guy we took from Gateshead. He pretended to be Sol Bamba when he took a mobile phone contract in his name?

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Is this the guy we took from Gateshead. He pretended to be Sol Bamba when he took a mobile phone contract in his name?

Article claims he signed a 2 year deal on £2,000 per week

Broken Gnome
13-09-2019, 03:52 PM

When was this? Can't remember him and assumed it was nonsense.

One thing is total guff though, that he was on two grand a week when a 16 year-old, as it says here...https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/02/romance-scammer-pretended-liverpool-stars-brother-trick-women-24000-10670923/

SouthMoroccoStu
13-09-2019, 03:55 PM

No chance we were paying a 16 year old £2k a week

Smartie
13-09-2019, 03:57 PM
If there was ever an obscure Hibs player version of pointless I think I'd do as well as anyone.

This guy I have never, ever heard of.

ahibby
13-09-2019, 03:58 PM

His lawyer said who was probably told that and by whom. A lying conman thats who. Hes gone from being a pro basketball player to the bro of Sana. Cant trust one word from him.

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't think this guy was ever anywhere near Hibs. Nobody has heard of him, the only mention of him ever playing football for anyone is in these articles and there's no way in hell we were paying a 16 year old 2kp/w back in 2004.

Broken Gnome
13-09-2019, 04:03 PM
I spent a good few years circa 2005 doing the Hibs edit for Football Manager and artificially creating wonder kids out of Kurtis Byrne and the likes - never once did I see this boy's name let alone have the temptation to give him 20 for finishing.

Centre Hawf
13-09-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure I buy that this guy was anywhere near us. Unless someone says otherwise I reckon it's another one of his cons

ahibby
13-09-2019, 04:05 PM
When was this? Can't remember him and assumed it was nonsense.

One thing is total guff though, that he was on two grand a week when a 16 year-old, as it says here...https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/02/romance-scammer-pretended-liverpool-stars-brother-trick-women-24000-10670923/

Obviously when Sol was playing with us and the lad frGateshead lived in the Halls at JEC. Thats where I saw Sol getting ripped into him. He definitely used Sols name so definitely a conman and was dropped. Decent young player scored a few against our development squad but dodgy as. Not saying this is him simply asking the forum ckuld this be that lad as I dont remember his name.

Broken Gnome
13-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Obviously when Sol was playing with us and the lad frGateshead lived in the Halls at JEC. Thats where I saw Sol getting ripped into him. He definitely used Sols name so definitely a conman and was dropped. Decent young player scored a few against our development squad but dodgy as. Not saying this is him simply asking the forum ckuld this be that lad as I dont remember his name.

That does sound like John Hughes' dressing room right enough.

ahibby
13-09-2019, 04:10 PM
That does sound like John Hughes' dressing room right enough.

Ha ha but was Sol not one of TMs too?

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Ha ha but was Sol not one of TMs too?

Think Mixu signed Sol

ahibby
13-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Think Mixu signed Sol

One of his best then.

FRes Hibbie
13-09-2019, 04:44 PM
I spent a good few years circa 2005 doing the Hibs edit for Football Manager and artificially creating wonder kids out of Kurtis Byrne and the likes - never once did I see this boy's name let alone have the temptation to give him 20 for finishing.

If it’s 04 isn’t that around the time Steven fletcher would’ve been around 16 and in the youth teams. Bit before Byrne I’d have thought.

Diclonius
13-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Who?

Bostonhibby
13-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Never heard of him.

Heard of his brother Cammy though, but it was never going to end well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Helensburghhibs
13-09-2019, 05:13 PM
I was playing under 19s for hibs in 2004 and even I've never heard of him.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Never even heard of him

snedzuk
13-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Nkazi - hes got a brother called Levein.

tamig
13-09-2019, 06:08 PM
I don't think this guy was ever anywhere near Hibs. Nobody has heard of him, the only mention of him ever playing football for anyone is in these articles and there's no way in hell we were paying a 16 year old 2kp/w back in 2004.

I reckon he’s conned the press that he was with Hibs. Think it’s a load of nonsense. Never heard of him in my puff. Wonder if he’s changed his name?

eastmainsmsh
13-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Ali Dias cousin

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 07:27 PM
If this is true then it has to be "wonderkid" Yvan Tomatula (name change wouldnt be that suprising tbh). Don't know where others got the year and age but he was signed in 2005 at 17 y/o and was highly rated (probably not 2k p.w mind!)

Came from Cameroon so French speaking makes sense and doesn't look like he made it after us either. Can't find a single picture but I met him once in City nightclub and the face rings a bell.

Anyway whoever did it is a ****bag of the highest order and, given the fact that a whole forum of fans don't have a clue who he is, doesn't deserve to be labelled an ex Hibs player

First post btw... and if I'm wrong, possibly last!

MSK
13-09-2019, 07:42 PM
If this is true then it has to be "wonderkid" Yvan Tomatula (name change wouldnt be that suprising tbh). Don't know where others got the year and age but he was signed in 2005 at 17 y/o and was highly rated (probably not 2k p.w mind!)

Came from Cameroon so French speaking makes sense and doesn't look like he made it after us either. Can't find a single picture but I met him once in City nightclub and the face rings a bell.

Anyway whoever did it is a ****bag of the highest order and, given the fact that a whole forum of fans don't have a clue who he is, doesn't deserve to be labelled an ex Hibs player

First post btw... and if I'm wrong, possibly last!Good shout, according to the press report he has used different names

lord bunberry
13-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Nkazi - hes got a brother called Levein.
:faf::faf:

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Just read a bit more into Tomatula and turns out he grew up in France but from a Congolese family and was also signed on a 2 year deal.

Anyone else worried that it's going to come out that he coned us into believing he was Lua Lua's nephew! Could Tony Mowbray be the new Souness!?

On the plus side, it would make our current recruitment team look like geniuses!

tamig
13-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Just read a bit more into Tomatula and turns out he grew up in France but from a Congolese family and was also signed on a 2 year deal.

Anyone else worried that it's going to come out that he coned us into believing he was Lua Lua's nephew! Could Tony Mowbray be the new Souness!?

On the plus side, it would make our current recruitment team look like geniuses!
That’s excellent work - and it all fits. Cheers for that 👍

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2019, 08:15 PM

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with the suggestion that this criminal must be Yvan Tomatula just because they almost share a first name and have the same skin colour. It did cross my my too so I understand where you are coming from but I’m not sure it’s a good idea to be making these suggestions publicly and given how widely the whole ‘Lua Lua’s nephew’ thing was covered in the press you’d think they’d know if it was the same guy.

Besides, Yvan Tomatula was scouted by John Park having stood out when playing against Hibs as opposed to just rocking up and hoping for a deal.

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 08:37 PM
I’m not sure I’m comfortable with the suggestion that this criminal must be Yvan Tomatula just because they almost share a first name and have the same skin colour. It did cross my my too so I understand where you are coming from but I’m not sure it’s a good idea to be making these suggestions publicly and given how widely the whole ‘Lua Lua’s nephew’ thing was covered in the press you’d think they’d know if it was the same guy.

Besides, Yvan Tomatula was scouted by John Park having stood out when playing against Hibs as opposed to just rocking up and hoping for a deal.

To be fair, there is a lot more than skin colour linking the the player to the story. His age at the time in question, nationality + heritage, length of deal. Could you name another French-congolese 16 y/o player who was signed on a 2 year deal circa 2005?

The bit about not being Lua Lua's nephew was said 99% in jest but your logic is flawed in that your suggesting that the media couldn't possibly have got something wrong in 2005 but have ran a story today about a fraudster claiming he was once a Hibs player and just took him at face value???

Not sure I'm all that comfortable with your hidden accusation of racism if I'm being honest and can't help but think that you're the one who's made that link as I can't see that anywhere in anything I've written?

tamig
13-09-2019, 08:46 PM
To be fair, there is a lot more than skin colour linking the the player to the story. His age at the time in question, nationality + heritage, length of deal. Could you name another French-congolese 16 y/o player who was signed on a 2 year deal circa 2005?

The bit about not being Lua Lua's nephew was said 99% in jest but your logic is flawed in that your suggesting that the media couldn't possibly have got something wrong in 2005 but have ran a story today about a fraudster claiming he was once a Hibs player and just took him at face value???

Not sure I'm all that comfortable with your hidden accusation of racism if I'm being honest and can't help but think that you're the one who's made that link as I can't see that anywhere in anything I've written?
It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened tbh. Re your last para I mean.

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 08:47 PM
In hindsight if I was to rewrite my post I probably wouldn't have said "has to be" given the pure guesswork on my behalf but I tried to qualify it with "if this is true" and was only trying to put forward a suggestion. Put it down to a touch of stage fright on my first post but given the fact I now have post count of 3, I think it's unlikely I'll be called to give evidence at the trial anyway.

... tough crowd!

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2019, 09:03 PM
In hindsight if I was to rewrite my post I probably wouldn't have said "has to be" given the pure guesswork on my behalf but I tried to qualify it with "if this is true" and was only trying to put forward a suggestion. Put it down to a touch of stage fright on my first post but given the fact I now have post count of 3, I think it's unlikely I'll be called to give evidence at the trial anyway.

... tough crowd!
I hear you and like I said I unfortunately made the same connection myself so it wasn’t intended to be any sort of accusation. I just felt that given the names, ages, countries of origin, time and age they joined Hibs were all different it wasn’t fair to say it had to be him but I take your latest point that it wasn’t intended in that way.

It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened tbh. Re your last para I mean.It won’t be the last either, tamig

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Me too

I would not lose any sleep about it

MWC has previous for accusing people of racism

I replied to a post re a DM about a year ago involving Kamara Milligan and Bartley and had the same hidden accusation of supposed racism

TBH initially I had no idea what he was on about

He has previous

Do not worry about it

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=My_Wife_Camille;5925497]I hear you and like I said I unfortunately made the same connection myself so it wasn’t intended to be any sort of accusation. I just felt that given the names, ages, countries of origin, time and age they joined Hibs were all different it wasn’t fair to say it had to be him but I take your latest point that it wasn’t intended in that way.

No worries. I can't imagine the club would let this slide if he wasn't involved with us at some stage so I guess we'll find out at some point.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong and it turn out that this Hibs career was just another figment of his imagination. Might help get a DM in to when we sue the rags!

Can't help seeing the connections with Yvan though as I was originally wrong in saying he was from Cameroon, he is actually French-congolese same as in the article he was 16 in 2004 (albeit signed a year later) which would make him 31 now same as the story and I would also imagine that given the hype and 2 year deal he would have been on a better salary than most at his age.

Anyway, I'm clearly just joining dots and probably making a bit of a **** of it too! I'll put my Sherlock pipe back in the drawer for now!

13-09-2019, 09:21 PM

First post btw... and if I'm wrong, possibly last!

Looked for a photo too but couldn't find one either. Found a Scotsman article that mentions Michael Stewart was in the team at the same time so could Tweet him and ask if looks like the same guy and if he ever gave him any money.

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2019, 09:43 PM
No worries. I can't imagine the club would let this slide if he wasn't involved with us at some stage so I guess we'll find out at some point.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong and it turn out that this Hibs career was just another figment of his imagination. Might help get a DM in to when we sue the rags!

Can't help seeing the connections with Yvan though as I was originally wrong in saying he was from Cameroon, he is actually French-congolese same as in the article he was 16 in 2004 (albeit signed a year later) which would make him 31 now same as the story and I would also imagine that given the hype and 2 year deal he would have been on a better salary than most at his age.

Anyway, I'm clearly just joining dots and probably making a bit of a **** of it too! I'll put my Sherlock pipe back in the drawer for now!
How’s this for a new bit of evidence - a tweet from Lualua himself where he gives a shout out to one of his nephews who’s surname is also Nkasi. Looks like it’s becoming clear after all

https://twitter.com/lualuaofficiale/status/583306230745178113?s=21

Iwasthere
13-09-2019, 09:50 PM
How’s this for a new bit of evidence - a tweet from Lualua himself where he gives a shout out to one of his nephews who’s surname is also Nkasi. Looks like it’s becoming clear after all

https://twitter.com/lualuaofficiale/status/583306230745178113?s=21

*quickly opens drawer and retrieves pipe*

Jokes aside, I don't feel great hearing this as it has dragged our teams name into the media for all the wrong reasons. By all accounts the lad had a lot of talent but looks like he's done a good job of ****ing it all up. He's in the right place now though and hopefully he stays in there and keeps us on the back pages!