PDA

View Full Version : David Duff

cam75
13-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Interesting Pod cast on Spotify on Andy Baker and David Duff.Uk true crime episode 147,the cornerman. needs correcting tho 😂

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2019, 09:45 AM
I might be wrong but my understanding was that Duff and Gray bought Hibs for £750k with money borrowed from David Rowland then issued shares which raised £1.5 m which was all paid to Rowland giving him 100% return on his investment.
So effectively we (I was a shareholder) bought the club on their behalf.

tamig
13-09-2019, 07:30 PM
I might be wrong but my understanding was that Duff and Gray bought Hibs for £750k with money borrowed from David Rowland then issued shares which raised £1.5 m which was all paid to Rowland giving him 100% return on his investment.
So effectively we (I was a shareholder) bought the club on their behalf.

I don’t think it was anywhere near £750k. But you’re right re borrowing the cash from that weasel but he also got a significant batch of shares following the floatation that he agreed to sell to FTB that instigated the doomed takeover attempt.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Duff, Gray & Rowland, was a terrible episode in our proud history. Balloons

tamig
13-09-2019, 08:52 PM

Duff and Gray were naive and were conned by Rowland. He took them for a ride.

MSK
14-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Duff and Gray were naive and were conned by Rowland. He took them for a ride.Just finished Cut Throat, a book about Roddy McLean (Bostons second hand shop Leith) jailed for 32 years for his part in a drug smuggling deal offshore in which a customs officer lost his life, he had dealings with a certain David Rowland too, thankfully no involvement with hibs mentioned 😲

Ps - Great read, if anyone wants the book pm me 👍

Tarrahib
14-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Just finished Cut Throat, a book about Roddy McLean (Bostons second hand shop Leith) jailed for 32 years for his part in a drug smuggling deal offshore in which a customs officer lost his life, he had dealings with a certain David Rowland too, thankfully no involvement with hibs mentioned 😲

I've sent you a pm.

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 06:54 AM
Just finished Cut Throat, a book about Roddy McLean (Bostons second hand shop Leith) jailed for 32 years for his part in a drug smuggling deal offshore in which a customs officer lost his life, he had dealings with a certain David Rowland too, thankfully no involvement with hibs mentioned 😲

Where did you get the book from mate? Would like to get a copy if possible 👍

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Found it 👍

MSK
14-09-2019, 07:21 AM
I've sent you a pm.Replied 👍

Paisley Hibby
14-09-2019, 08:12 AM

If I remember correctly, one of them, Duff maybe? refused to sell his share (possibly to Mercer) and as a result we just avoided takeover? It would be great if somebody could confirm what really happened. But on the whole the Rowland, Duff and Gray years were as dodgy as a Boris Johnson promise.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Sheila Rowland also refused to sell her shares as she knew what her lowlife husband was all about

I am sure Duff Gray and Munro also said no

James and Rowland voted for the takeover

Outvoted 4:2

Peevemor
14-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I've posted this before. There's some good reading here.

https://thehiblog.wordpress.com/hiblog-season-by-season/hands-off-hibs-the-summer-of-1990/

Speedway
14-09-2019, 01:51 PM

https://thehiblog.wordpress.com/hiblog-season-by-season/hands-off-hibs-the-summer-of-1990/

That’s a cracking share.

FRes Hibbie
14-09-2019, 07:25 PM

I’ve never seen that before - thanks for the link. It reads like the press and any other commentators apart from Hibs fans thought it was a good idea. Mental.