PDA

View Full Version : Efe keen on return to Scotland

Pages : [1] 2

Tambo
12-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Should we and would he come back??

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/ex-hibs-favourite-efe-ambrose-keen-on-a-return-1-5002705

500miles
12-09-2019, 07:47 AM
If we don't try and sign him, there's something far wrong.

Chorley Hibee
12-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Get him signed up!

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen are probably the only teams he would go to. Would take him back in a heartbeat but with so many options at the back now, I cant see us going in for him.

Then again if Mathie get's the Killie role maybe he will try and get him in there.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 07:53 AM
We should be heading to his house with a contract and a box of the finest cuban cigars right away.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen are probably the only teams he would go to. Would take him back in a heartbeat but with so many options at the back now, I cant see us going in for him.

Then again if Mathie get's the Killie role maybe he will try and get him in there.

We don’t have any options as good as Efe. If we are not trying to get him then we are just planning for failure.
It’s probably too late to save Heckingbottom now anyway but he doesn’t help himself saying he has no interest in McGeogh then not getting a defensive mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
12-09-2019, 07:57 AM

He’s better than all the options we have but we won’t sign him. We’ve spent the budget on 23 right backs.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 08:00 AM
He’s better than all the options we have but we won’t sign him. We’ve spent the budget on 23 right backs.

Agreed, having to loan out a left back to bring in a right back on loan suggests the tin is empty.

.Sean.
12-09-2019, 08:03 AM
If Hibs don’t even make contact there is something far wrong. He would stroll back in and instantly be the best defender at the club.

WellingtonHibby
12-09-2019, 08:05 AM

This. Squad is already choked with below average defenders. We'd need to cut losses on one of them and look to punt them in Jan. Cant see Heckingbottom doing that. He'd look a joke admitting his signings aren't up to it this early on

hfc rd
12-09-2019, 08:07 AM
If Hibs don’t even make contact there is something far wrong. He would stroll back in and instantly be the best defender at the club.

This. As you said, he would stroll back in and be our best player.

Then again, I won’t be surprised if we didn’t. Heckingbottom said no to McGeouch so I won’t be surprised if he said the same for Efe.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Signing the best available players is not the hibs way

hibby rae
12-09-2019, 08:13 AM
This. As you said, he would stroll back in and be our best player.

Then again, I won’t be surprised if we didn’t. Heckingbottom said no to McGeouch so I won’t be surprised if he said the same for Efe.

Is it definitely known he said no to McGeoch? Genuine question as I didn't come on here much in the summer.

Itsnoteasy
12-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Should we and would he come back??

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/ex-hibs-favourite-efe-ambrose-keen-on-a-return-1-5002705

Definitely💚

Paisley Hibby
12-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Is it definitely known he said no to McGeoch? Genuine question as I didn't come on here much in the summer.

It's a Hibs Net FACT 😂

12-09-2019, 08:17 AM
Bring him home. The boy is sheer class

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Sooner or later Wee Ron’s gonna have to put his hand in his pocket to get us out of this mess

No one can blame him for biding his time

We will have a better idea after Saturday

we are hibs
12-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Too late. already *****ed the budget away on a few league 1/2 players.

Onceinawhile
12-09-2019, 08:21 AM
This. Squad is already choked with below average defenders. We'd need to cut losses on one of them and look to punt them in Jan. Cant see Heckingbottom doing that. He'd look a joke admitting his signings aren't up to it this early on

He's only signed one centre back to be fair and imo Jackson has been better than Hanlon and McGregor this season.

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 08:22 AM
We should be finding the money from somewhere to get him back. Whether that leaves us overstocked on centre halves or not, the guy is the best CB in the league outwith the OF.. and possibly even including them and I’d suspect he’d also fancy coming back here.

Paisley Hibby
12-09-2019, 08:25 AM
He would bring a spark of excitement and skill to our team; something we badly miss. I'd get enthusiastic again about the thought of my 250 mile round trip to Easter Road on match days (and I'm sure I'm not alone). So if he's available and we don't try to sign him then Hibs have lost the plot and I probably won't get much use out of my season ticket this season.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Bring him back or we riot!

Unseen work
12-09-2019, 08:35 AM
He's only signed one centre back to be fair and imo Jackson has been better than Hanlon and McGregor this season.

Agree with this. As it stands Hanlon and Mcgregor are our weaker of our 4 centre half’s imo.

Efe, Porteous and Jackson would be very good options.

Can’t see it however

danhibees1875
12-09-2019, 08:37 AM
We should be finding the money from somewhere to get him back. Whether that leaves us overstocked on centre halves or not, the guy is the best CB in the league outwith the OF.. and possibly even including them and I’d suspect he’d also fancy coming back here.

This. :agree:

flash
12-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Another car crash of a thread developing nicely.

Blaster
12-09-2019, 08:38 AM

HSL held money would be a start

Vault Boy
12-09-2019, 08:39 AM
With Daz out with a pretty bad injury and Porteous only getting back to fitness after a serious one himself, it'd make a lot of sense.

Mon home Efe.

The Modfather
12-09-2019, 08:39 AM
We should try and bring him back, he would also go some way to alleviating the problems we have moving the ball from defence to midfield.

If signing him meant looking to move on the likes of Hanlon or fast tracking McGregors transition into the non playing side, so be it. Porteous & Ambrose were about the only plus points last season.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Agree with this. As it stands Hanlon and Mcgregor are our weaker of our 4 centre half’s imo.

Efe, Porteous and Jackson would be very good options.

Can’t see it however

Those three as part of a 3-5-2 would be rock solid.

jacomo
12-09-2019, 08:41 AM

How?

Bringing Efe back is a no brainer imo, but is our manager too stubborn to realise this? Do we have any money left?

Blaster
12-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Too late. already *****ed the budget away on a few league 1/2 players.

Fair comment and I’d love Ambrose to come back

Need to remember though the reason we needed to sign another centre half was due to Ambrose bumping us in January.

Carheenlea
12-09-2019, 08:44 AM
He will probably think in hindsight that he should never have left. Would love to see him back.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Fair comment and I’d love Ambrose to come back

Need to remember though the reason we needed to sign another centre half was due to Ambrose bumping us in January.

I think he genuinely wanted to play in the Premier League and had his heart set on a move to Cardiff, for one reason or another the deal fell through and he was left stranded. Had an opportunity to go to Turkey, Derby or come back to us. He chose Derby due to the Frank Lampard factor and in the hope of pursuing that opportunity in the Premier League, it will be interesting to see where he ends up, but I personally think it will be elsewhere in Europe.

heretoday
12-09-2019, 08:49 AM
He'll go where the money is. It'd be good if it was us but it could be anywhere.

Unseen work
12-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Those three as part of a 3-5-2 would be rock solid.

Would tend to agree, only thing is I wouldn’t fancy Porteous as the left of the back three as think he could get caught out

...........................Marciano........

........Ambrose......Jackson....Porteous....

Naismith.....Hallberg.....Vela...........Stevenson ....

..............................Allan......

...................Doidge........Kamberi...

Certainly looks solid on paper.

With those three at the back we would also dominate most teams in the air whether that’s defending or attacking as they win a lot and are goal threats.

Naismith is good going forward and capable of getting up and down, Stevenson would be solid enough but lack a bit going forward imo.

Hallberg and Vela would have as much pressure on them as they have solid cover behind them and in the wing back roles.

Allan, Kamberi and Doidge would have enough about them to cause teams problems.

Only thing is Middleton and Horgan are too of our most dangerous players and wouldn’t get in the team in that formation.

Greenworld
12-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Head and shoulders above most of our defence .
Played well beside portious previously and is a superb right back .
Personally I think that would be a perfect middle of defence partnership .
I fear with Jackson signed we won't move for him

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
12-09-2019, 08:58 AM
I don’t think I remember Heckingbottom ever playing three at the back.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 09:00 AM
I don’t think I remember Heckingbottom ever playing three at the back.

He doesn’t want to play that way. I think he’s even quoted point blank refusing to do so.

Billy Whizz
12-09-2019, 09:01 AM
He doesn’t want to play that way. I think he’s even quoted point blank refusing to do so.

Good enough for Belgium, or maybe he doesn’t think we have the players to go that way

Northernhibee
12-09-2019, 09:01 AM
I don’t think we should. It was his choice to leave, we offered him a lucrative contract to stay but he chose a six month contract at Derby instead.

Loved him at Hibs, still do, but he’s made his bed.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Would tend to agree, only thing is I wouldn’t fancy Porteous as the left of the back three as think he could get caught out

With those three at the back we would also dominate most teams in the air whether that’s defending or attacking as they win a lot and are goal threats.

Naismith is good going forward and capable of getting up and down, Stevenson would be solid enough but lack a bit going forward imo.

Hallberg and Vela would have as much pressure on them as they have solid cover behind them and in the wing back roles.

Only thing is Middleton and Horgan are too of our most dangerous players and wouldn’t get in the team in that formation.

I agree, to play them I think we'd have to drop Jackson and Doidge, returning to a 4-2-3-1

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 09:04 AM

Did he? I’d be surprised to see him openly refuse to play 3-5-2 at all.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Totally forgot about Newell, does anyone think he could have a part to play?

Greenworld
12-09-2019, 09:09 AM

Only thing is Middleton and Horgan are too of our most dangerous players and wouldn’t get in the team in that formation.I would go with this

Naismith Ambrose Porteous....stevenson

Hallberg

Horgan/ murray Allan vella

Michael
12-09-2019, 09:12 AM

At a different football club maybe

J-C
12-09-2019, 09:14 AM
I must admit he turned me around as I thought he'd be a nightmare but turned into one of our better players. I don't think we have the budget for him and I can see him linking up with Lennon again, they seem a good fut for each other, plus Celtic can afford his wages. Remember he took a big drop in wages to come here to gain his residency Visa, would he take another big drop in wages?

Deansy
12-09-2019, 09:15 AM
What - no jambo interest ???

Sir David Gray
12-09-2019, 09:15 AM
It would be a huge dereliction of duty on behalf of our management teams if we didn't at least make contact with him and his representatives to see where his head is at.

He would literally walk into our side just now.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I must admit he turned me around as I thought he'd be a nightmare but turned into one of our better players. I don't think we have the budget for him and I can see him linking up with Lennon again, they seem a good fut for each other, plus Celtic can afford his wages. Remember he took a big drop in wages to come here to gain his residency Visa, would he take another big drop in wages?

I think the fans don't really rate him at Celtic following his last spell, can't see him being back there for that reason.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 09:18 AM

No!

Maybe as an impact sub

Sean1875
12-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Reckon he could even do a very decent shift as a defensive mid too.

J-C
12-09-2019, 09:19 AM
I think the fans don't really rate him at Celtic following his last spell, can't see him being back there for that reason.

I realise that but his performances for us might've changed their minds, plus Lennon's his own man and do what he feels is right.

Col2
12-09-2019, 09:24 AM

You know that, I know that and we all know that. However our current manager doesn’t pick players like this, he goes for lower league in the English inflated wages market.

Unseen work
12-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Nowhere near as bad as some make out, seems to be this seasons scapegoat especially since he was hooked at half time against rangers.

Was of our best players against Elgin and St Mirren.

flash
12-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Utterly magnificent. He walks out on us purely for potential financial gain.
Months later he hasn't played a single game of football since he left and is basically whoring himself to anyone that will have him.
The reaction on here? Poster after poster queueing up to praise the guy who walked out on us and slate the already under pressure manager based on the reasoning that we should go chasing after Efe.
Needless to say nobody actually knows whether we have been in contact but why let that spoil the chance to put the boot in.
I would be happy to have him back if the manager wants him but on our terms only.

neil7908
12-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Given how many goals we're leaking we should be talking to him. I'm sure that our budget will be spent by now though.

Vault Boy
12-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Worth noting that in the actual article, he just says that he enjoyed playing in Scotland and would be open to a return if something came up. Nothing like being 'keen to return' really.

H18S NX
12-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Have him back in a heartbeat,he would settle us at the back and also would carry the ball forward.

One Day Soon
12-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Well, there's only one way to stop this sort of widespread dissatisfaction. Over to you Mr Heckingbottom...

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Nowhere near as bad as some make out, seems to be this seasons scapegoat especially since he was hooked at half time against rangers.

Was of our best players against Elgin and St Mirren.

No pace Cannae beat a man Needs a rocket up his arse and needs to show more urgency If he gets past a man has no pace to shake him off

Looks good on the ball and puts in good crosses but at half the pace of everyone else Adopts good positions in the box

Horrendous debut versus Stirling Albion and sh#t it at Ibrox

I admit he looked OK versus Elgin and St Mirren but has not featured since Ibrox over a month ago

I am concerned for the boy and looked in Rotherham fans forums and they reckon that he has the ability and skill to change a game but do not expect him to do any of the dirty work

He is not a winger by his own admission and looks better cutting inside hence impact sub 😁

green day
12-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Efe is excellent - would have him back immediately.

Not sure if he fits Heckinbothams fast paced high pressing game though...............................:greengrin

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Efe is excellent - would have him back immediately.

Not sure if he fits Heckinbothams fast paced high pressing game though...............................:greengrin

In that case get him in as manager then :greengrin

Scotty Leither
12-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Months later he hasn't played a single game of football since he left and is basically whoring himself to anyone that will have him.
The reaction on here? Poster after poster queueing up to praise the guy who walked out on us and slate the already under pressure manager based on the reasoning that we should go chasing after Efe.
Needless to say nobody actually knows whether we have been in contact but why let that spoil the chance to put the boot in.
I would be happy to have him back if the manager wants him but on our terms only.

The first two lines of your post could equally apply to Scott Allan. It would also appear that we are indeed "done" in the transfer market unless we move somebody out first.

Sad state of affairs at a club with the thick end of 13k season tickets, but par for the course it would now appear under our bright shiny new owner.

(Who seems to have done a disappearing act since he bought us over with promises of future league title challenges.)

Allant1981
12-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Or he could replace Hanlon?

Mantis Toboggan
12-09-2019, 11:11 AM

I would take him back, and like others that is on the basis that we clearly need to improve in defence if we are to have a decent season. He left as he was entitled to do so under his contract.

The Spaceman
12-09-2019, 11:30 AM
He would be a very, very worthwhile signing for us and would walk back into our team any day of the week.

This kind of signing would work wonders in helping to settle what is a very aggravated support at the moment. We miss having someone in our defence who can walk the ball up and allow the midfielders to not sit as deeply as they are at the moment.

Hibiza
12-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Come back Efe .

MWHIBBIES
12-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Sooner or later Wee Ron’s gonna have to put his hand in his pocket to get us out of this mess

No one can blame him for biding his time

We will have a better idea after Saturday

Is he? Why? Hibs will have money aside for sacking Hecky if need be. We'll sign players in January, we'll move a few on.

Farmer never put his hand in his pocket and we're much better off financially now so why would Ron have to?

The Harp Awakes
12-09-2019, 12:09 PM
I don’t think we should. It was his choice to leave, we offered him a lucrative contract to stay but he chose a six month contract at Derby instead.

Loved him at Hibs, still do, but he’s made his bed.

Tend to agree. By all accounts he was offered a cracking deal to stay and the fans adored him. He turned his back on that to chase the money and it's not worked out for him.

Besides, I think we have bigger problems than central defence.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Is he? Why? Hibs will have money aside for sacking Hecky if need be. We'll sign players in January, we'll move a few on.

Farmer never put his hand in his pocket and we're much better off financially now so why would Ron have to?
Well for a start on taking over he said that there were exciting times ahead and that he hoped to build a team to be challenging for honours in Scotland in the not too distant future

Right now I feel he is taking his time and assessing every aspect of our great club both on the field and behind the scenes

I also get the feeling that in seasons to come if we need money for the right players it will be there as I have total faith in the wee man to deliver what he promised

Right now though back to the present day I am not getting too excited are you?

We will have a better idea on Saturday

If we lose by all means get Efe in 😁

dalkeith stu
12-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Bring him home. The boy is sheer class

HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for him???

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 12:14 PM
HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for hom???

Footballer in wanting to make more money at a higher level shocker.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 12:19 PM
HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for him???

Hibs as a club have always had the mentality of being a stepping stone for players to go onto 'bigger' things. Efe is a fine player, gave his all for the club, then wanted to leave to try and further his career as well as make the most he can out of a short career. This has been the case of hundreds of players in the past and will be the case for many more to come.

J-C
12-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Tend to agree. By all accounts he was offered a cracking deal to stay and the fans adored him. He turned his back on that to chase the money and it's not worked out for him.

Besides, I think we have bigger problems than central defence.

He was here purely to get his residency Visa, he could've left in January for a small fee but chose to go for nowt.

Baader
12-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Sign him up! Would certainly improve the defence.

1 8 7 5
12-09-2019, 12:28 PM
How he left is water under the bridge and some posters are being awfy hard on him. Hibernian knew the terms previously..... however, we are where we are and, lets face it, we're no' doing the best defensively!!. "Budget" spent or not, I think it would be remiss of Hibernian not to at least enquire!

I think it would be a good move l round. I'd be happy for him to return.

Hermit Crab
12-09-2019, 12:32 PM
I'll drive to Derby to collect him!

we are hibs
12-09-2019, 12:34 PM
I'll drive to Derby to collect him!

Be a wasted trip. Hes in Nigeria :greengrin

Hermit Crab
12-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Be a wasted trip. Hes in Nigeria :greengrin

I'll get him at East Midlands Airport then. :greengrin

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 12:40 PM
He was here purely to get his residency Visa, he could've left in January for a small fee but chose to go for nowt.

His choice he owed us nothing and was fantastic for us.

MWHIBBIES
12-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Nice avatar, that was after his Tynecastle winner right? You know, the one after he came back after ****ing off for more cash. How did that work out for him???

Torto7
12-09-2019, 02:00 PM
If there is any hope of this I really want him to come back. Not only is he exciting to watch but he offers us so much versatility in terms of formation. Get him some slippers and a smocking jacket with his initials on.

Onceinawhile
12-09-2019, 02:11 PM
The first two lines of your post could equally apply to Scott Allan. It would also appear that we are indeed "done" in the transfer market unless we move somebody out first.

Sad state of affairs at a club with the thick end of 13k season tickets, but par for the course it would now appear under our bright shiny new owner.

(Who seems to have done a disappearing act since he bought us over with promises of future league title challenges.)

The guy who was in behind the goals before our last home game has disappeared?:confused:

Peevemor
12-09-2019, 02:14 PM

To be honest, I'd be more concerned if he started changing everything after being in the door 5 minutes.

tonyrougier123
12-09-2019, 02:42 PM
To any hibs associated employee that may be looking in on this forum,please advise anyone who will listen to have a real go at signing EFE AMBROSE again,as he is exactly what we need at the back.

DO IT FOR THE FANS!!

mentalhibee
12-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Get him signed hibs!!

supermcginn
12-09-2019, 02:56 PM

You must be happy with our defence. Wow. Ambrose is miles and miles better than any of our "defenders.
"

tonyrougier123
12-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Porteous still getting upto speed and can't be relied on to sort our backline problems,hanlon way out of form,daz mcgregor struggling lucky to see him before christmas,jackson half decent so far. SIGN HIM UP HIBS!!

Centre Hawf
12-09-2019, 03:31 PM
If we never had McGinn, McGeouch, Allan (for that loan) etc then Efe rightly would have been lauded as our best player. Some would argue he was our most consistent player despite his tag elsewhere of being a bombscare. Personally I don't mind that he left us to chase some money.

I think it was always on that cards that he was going to do it when he did because of Visa reasons I believe. So if it was a choice either not have him at all, or have him for 2 years and lose him for free in January I know what one I would take.

He was a genuine entertainer and if I'm being brutally honest he was one of the few positives of that 3 month spell before he left where we were utterly gash but he was at least worth going to see.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 03:38 PM
If we never had McGinn, McGeouch, Allan (for that loan) etc then Efe rightly would have been lauded as our best player. Some would argue he was our most consistent player despite his tag elsewhere of being a bombscare. Personally I don't mind that he left us to chase some money.

I think it was always on that cards that he was going to do it when he did because of Visa reasons I believe. So if it was a choice either not have him at all, or have him for 2 years and lose him for free in January I know what one I would take.

He was a genuine entertainer and if I'm being brutally honest he was one of the few positives of that 3 month spell before he left where we were utterly gash but he was at least worth going to see.
His last game at Easter Road against Hearts he was totally outstanding taking the ball out of defence dragging us up the park by the scruff of the neck at every opportunity towards the Hearts box
He looked like a man that knew he was playing his last game for The Cabbage

One Day Soon
12-09-2019, 03:39 PM
The guy who was in behind the goals before our last home game has disappeared?:confused:

People like you with your facts and that.

Centre Hawf
12-09-2019, 04:04 PM
His last game at Easter Road against Hearts he was totally outstanding taking the ball out of defence dragging us up the park by the scruff of the neck at every opportunity towards the Hearts box
He looked like a man that knew he was playing his last game for The Cabbage

Agreed. I think those who suggest he didn't care about Hibs because of how he left are well off the mark when you take into context that performance and how he knew he was going to leave but give his all in a game that he knew meant the world to us as fans when it could have been fairly easy for him to phone that one in to not get injured.

Blaster
12-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Heckingbottom in his press conference says he’d like Ambrose but no money left in the pot. Unless he wants to play for free

CRAZYHIBBY
12-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Heckingbottom in his press conference says he’d like Ambrose but no money left in the pot. Unless he wants to play for free

Tell him to boot newell and doidge and then we can afford him

InchHibby
12-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Of course we should sign him, no ifs no buts, this guy could save Heck’s job, but I don’t only fear we won’t I know we won’t, it’ll make his own signings look sxxxx.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Getting your business done early is really superb.

tonyrougier123
12-09-2019, 04:38 PM
I thought we were in a position to go after good investments,is that not what ron gordon said in his one of his interviews when he bought us over.
I'm assuming he ment playing staff,big efe would be best bit of business hibs could do surely.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 04:44 PM

Sounds like a message to the board.

Real Emerald
12-09-2019, 04:47 PM
I thought we were in a position to go after good investments,is that not what ron gordon said in his one of his interviews when he bought us over.
I'm assuming he ment playing staff,big efe would be best bit of business hibs could do surely.

It’s all a bit strange, maybe that’s why NL eventually fell out with the club. It’s hard to believe we can’t afford a quality players wages who’s needed and willing to come. If we can’t make that sort of signing now, when will we? We have near record ST sales, debt wiped out, 7 figure investment from a multi-millionaire new owner. And the manager seems to agree we should sign him. Very depressing.

Jim44
12-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Ok, we’ve spent our budget, but our prospects are bleak and a top six finish is highly unlikely at the moment. Languishing in the bottom six could easily lead to a relegation struggle. If I, as a rich businessman had bought a club and discovered that it could be in jeopardy, I think I might sensibly fork out some extra cash to protect my investment. I believe the cash could be there to bring Ambrose back but is our owner sharp enough to grasp the opportunity and is our manager humble enough to admit his present options might not hit the mark and accept additional help. :dunno:

Torto7
12-09-2019, 04:48 PM

You'd have thought so. We have a huge indoor centre that's going to cost zillions to pay for though, the SFA have told clubs they need access to one and whilst the gunts, Motherwell's, Hamiltons of the world get to use them without investing millions we have to build our own. To be fair to the SFA they are well known for their competence and long term planning so we should totally listen to their ideas.:brickwall

Real Emerald
12-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Ok, we’ve spent our budget, but our prospects are bleak and a top six finish is highly unlikely at the moment. Languishing in the bottom six could easily lead to a relegation struggle. If I, as a rich businessman had bought a club and discovered that it could be in jeopardy, I think I might sensibly fork out some extra cash to protect my investment. I believe the cash could be there to bring Ambrose back but is our owner sharp enough to grasp the opportunity and is our manager humble enough to admit his present options might not hit the mark and accept additional help. :dunno:
Totally agree, this is where the club should be showing some ambition, the money we will lose if this season goes tits up is unthinkable!

Onceinawhile
12-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Totally agree, this is where the club should be showing some ambition, the money we will lose if this season goes tits up is unthinkable!

And if Efe comes in the door and gets injured day 1 of training?

The board need to safeguard the future of the club, not spend willy nilly because of 2 bad results.

Hibs90
12-09-2019, 06:10 PM

The board need to safeguard the future of the club, not spend willy nilly because of 2 bad results.

Or countless ***** performances. Not just based on 2 bad results. Although there has certainly been more than 2.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 06:11 PM

In that case they should be safeguarding against bottom six pish and falling season ticket sales next season. Ignoring what’s on the pitch and neglecting it lead to under 10k crowds before and ultimately relegation. I don’t think an extra £3k pw would cripple wee Ron financially, if he’s not here to invest in the first team what’s the actual point in him buying a football club in Scotland?

The two bad results chat does my nut in. It’s been about seven. Draws with Stirling (embarrassing) extra time with Morton, out played by St Johnstone humiliated at Ibrox pumped in Motherwell and mediocre pre season matches to go alongside it including a loss to Arbroath and a stuttering with over Alloa.

Hibee87
12-09-2019, 06:32 PM

Then why sign any player? What if they get injured on day one. Efe is a free, what would his wages cost? 4k a week let's say max. Hardly going to bankrupt us is it. What a unbelievably negative way to look at things. If we have a chance of getting him back, we would be bringing in a player who would walk into pretty much any squad in the league. It's a no brainer.

Jim44
12-09-2019, 06:39 PM

Unbelievable. You can’t legislate for injuries to any players, so get that thought out of the mindset. Ambrose would not be a willy nilly purchase. It’s not only ‘2 bad results’ which are giving cause for concern, it’s weak overall performances which point to a really poor season for us.

Nicho87
12-09-2019, 06:43 PM
It should be a no brainier but with hecky in charge it clearly isnt. This is a guy who doesn’t rate Dylan but gave Newell and co 2 plus year contracts. Sooner he goes the better.

Gordy M
12-09-2019, 06:49 PM
It should be a no brainier but with hecky in charge it clearly isnt. This is a guy who doesn’t rate Dylan but gave Newell and co 2 plus year contracts. Sooner he goes the better.

Did he not say he would like to sign him?

Nicho87
12-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Did he not say he would like to sign him?

Only quote I can remember he said ‘one we’ve looked at’

Gordy M
12-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Only quote I can remember he said ‘one we’ve looked at’

Well ive just watched the press conference from today and he clearly would sign him, or thats the impression he gives, whether we can afford it, who knows.

thebakerboy
12-09-2019, 06:58 PM

NOT 2 BAD RESULTS 1 WIN IN LAST 9 LEAGUE GAMES GOING BACK TO LAST SEASON ,that is relegation material

Speedway
12-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Heckingbottom on Efe:

‘Not unless he’s going to come and play for free’

tamig
12-09-2019, 07:12 PM
It’s all a bit strange, maybe that’s why NL eventually fell out with the club. It’s hard to believe we can’t afford a quality players wages who’s needed and willing to come. If we can’t make that sort of signing now, when will we? We have near record ST sales, debt wiped out, 7 figure investment from a multi-millionaire new owner. And the manager seems to agree we should sign him. Very depressing.

Is it not because the manager has blown his budget on the wages the boys signed from down south are likely to be commanding?

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Heckingbottom on Efe:

‘Not unless he’s going to come and play for free’

Wonder what happened to his old wages?

Heisenberg
12-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Wonder what happened to his old wages?

We *****ed them on McNulty and Omeonga. Then on signing all sorts from down south this summer.

Real Emerald
12-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Is it not because the manager has blown his budget on the wages the boys signed from down south are likely to be commanding?
Very likely but in most previous years the board have said that if the right player became available to us we would try to make it happen. Heckingbottom is basically saying we had to move Mackie out before we could bring anyone in and we’re now rooked. He probably has blown the budget on dross but to have no wiggle room is very odd. Especially with a new owner who wants us to be challenging at the top. It kind of puts paid to any talk of that sadly.

Smartie
12-09-2019, 07:58 PM
I like Efe as a player but we have a budget for a reason.

If we're to bust our budget, I'd rather we did so to address a position we're obviously weak in rather than on a 5th centre half who happily walked out on us earlier this year.

Yes, I know he'd be an improvement in that position.

theonlywayisup
12-09-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm not a great fan of going back to players who did well before. The Hibs team that Efe played in was considerably stronger than what we've got now.

Great player though, so would never say no.

CloudSquall
12-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Our defense is absolutely, ****ing ***** right now, I don't care how many defenders we have in, they are all, categorically, ***** ( drunk Bangkok state coming into play with this post).

Get him in pronto.

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 08:40 PM

He’s pretty much said he’d like to sign him but the money isn’t there to do so. Don’t let that get in the way of turning this into a PH out thread though.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 08:44 PM
We *****ed them on McNulty and Omeonga. Then on signing all sorts from down south this summer.

We lost Jamie Macs wage though and must still have had money there from selling McGinn last season, save on Dylan’s wages.

paddy1875
12-09-2019, 08:46 PM
I don’t really understand where our budget has got to?

Has he really blown it all on these signing? Surely they can’t be in that much? Am I right in saying we only paid a fee for doidge aswell?

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 08:49 PM
I don’t really understand where our budget has got to?

Has he really blown it all on these signing? Surely they can’t be in that much? Am I right in saying we only paid a fee for doidge aswell?

We always hear that we don’t break our wage structure for anybody. So unless near enough everyone we’ve signed as at the very top of our wage structure then I’m not sure either.

paddy1875
12-09-2019, 08:54 PM
We always hear that we don’t break our wage structure for anybody. So unless near enough everyone we’ve signed as at the very top of our wage structure then I’m not sure either.

For the players we’ve seen already, surely not tho.

Given our budget originally going into the summer then the seven figure sum invested by the new owner. It’s hard to believe there isn’t money left?

B.H.F.C
12-09-2019, 08:56 PM

What is our wage structure? I was always under the impression we had a budget, and it’d be up to the manager how to spend that be it 10 players on a grand a week or 5 players on 2 grand a week for example.

Smartie
12-09-2019, 09:07 PM
It doesn't quite add up to me either.

The next few sets of accounts will be interesting.

12-09-2019, 09:10 PM
For the players we’ve seen already, surely not tho.

Given our budget originally going into the summer then the seven figure sum invested by the new owner. It’s hard to believe there isn’t money left?

What was the budget going into the summer?

When RG came in it was stated it wouldn't be changing so that means none of the 7 figure sum was for the manager to use.

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 09:11 PM
What is our wage structure? I was always under the impression we had a budget, and it’d be up to the manager how to spend that be it 10 players on a grand a week or 5 players on 2 grand a week for example.

I’ve no idea. Any time someone suggests we push the boat out for an outstanding individual we’re usually told Hibs won’t do that so they don’t upset the other players. Whether that’s the case or not though is a totally different story.

paddy1875
12-09-2019, 09:16 PM

When RG came in it was stated it wouldn't be changing so that means none of the 7 figure sum was for the manager to use.

I have no idea mate. I’m just thinking it would’ve been a healthy budget.

Maybe he’s given these new player from England high end wages in our wage structure?

JimBHibees
12-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Sounds to me like the board are reigning in hecky spending to keep some back if it doesn't work out.

JimBHibees
12-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Our defence when fit is decent other areas need strengthening more.

Nicho87
12-09-2019, 09:45 PM
He’s pretty much said he’d like to sign him but the money isn’t there to do so. Don’t let that get in the way of turning this into a PH out thread though.

Rubbish

tonyrougier123
12-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Heckingbottom out!! Efe in!! 😜

ancient hibee
12-09-2019, 09:49 PM

I’ll be very surprised if the accounts as at 30th June don’t show one of our best(if not the best)financial positions ever.After that date Ron Gordon cleared the mortgage and put in another million which would obviously improve the position dramatically.The AGM is going to be interesting.

Col2
12-09-2019, 10:03 PM
In terms of where the cash has all gone, here are some reasons directly/indirectly related:-

We have no main sponsor which costs u c£300k a year.

We have a number of track side advertising boards vacant.

We are not selling out corporate facilities for home games

We have zero new corporate / commercial investment deals announced.

We didn’t sell any players for transfer fees which we usually have at least one of each close season.

We seem to be focused on being a community club (LD passion) which is commendable but it costs us money. We also investment time and money in supporting and promoting the women’s game and focus on promoting diversity themes, again all for good reasons.

We don’t have benefactors (not sure if we have even tried to get any) and our HSL contribution has paused/not increased.

We seem to want to improve the match day experience except the electronic ticket fiasco and the deterioration of food offering and service has taken us backwards.

The club is almost solely reliant on fan loyalty in terms of season ticket sales and walk ups.

Col2
12-09-2019, 10:06 PM
I’ll be very surprised if the accounts as at 30th June don’t show one of our best(if not the best)financial positions ever.After that date Ron Gordon cleared the mortgage and put in another million which would obviously improve the position dramatically.The AGM is going to be interesting.

Maybe but the player budget cannot be higher than last two seasons, I would guess it’s c10-20% lower. Commercial income must be done or will be in following years accounts.

Not In The Know
12-09-2019, 10:13 PM
In terms of where the cash has all gone, here are some reasons directly/indirectly related:-

We didn’t sell any players for transfer fees which we usually have at least one of each close season.

We seem to be focused on being a community club (LD passion) which is commendable but it costs us money. We also investment time and money in supporting and promoting the women’s game and focus on promoting diversity themes, again all for good reasons.

We don’t have benefactors (not sure if we have even tried to get any) and our HSL contribution has paused/not increased.

We seem to want to improve the match day experience except the electronic ticket fiasco and the deterioration of food offering and service has taken us backwards.

The club is almost solely reliant on fan loyalty in terms of season ticket sales and walk ups.

And the ****ing huge elephant in the room is that we don’t have the massive ADDITIONAL funds foundation of farts bring in for them over the road. What they do (grudgingly) is a game changer.

Smartie
12-09-2019, 10:21 PM
And the ****ing huge elephant in the room is that we don’t have the massive ADDITIONAL funds foundation of farts bring in for them over the road. What they do (grudgingly) is a game changer.

Hearts, Aberdeen and their spending are red herrings as far as I'm concerned.

Look at the squads we built when we were in the Championship - how did we manage to build those squads on the income we had then, relative to now? Our accounts then still showed us more or less living within our means.

Hibs are the only benchmark here.

Not In The Know
12-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Hearts, Aberdeen and their spending are red herrings as far as I'm concerned.

Look at the squads we built when we were in the Championship - how did we manage to build those squads on the income we had then, relative to now? Our accounts then still showed us more or less living within our means.

Hibs are the only benchmark here.

that makes no sense I’m afraid.

Those squads didn’t set the league on fire let’s be honest.

We had the most amazing day ever with Stubbs. But plenty other teams won cups over the same time frame

Captain Trips
12-09-2019, 10:57 PM
I would like Efe back but I am reading a lot on money wasted etc, I just don't believe as of yet that certainly for me I can truly pass judgement on whether the new players are indeed a waste.

monktonharp
12-09-2019, 11:20 PM
I would like Efe back but I am reading a lot on money wasted etc, I just don't believe as of yet that certainly for me I can truly pass judgement on whether the new players are indeed a waste.I.m a wee bit puzzled by your post. ok, the new players are hardly tested as of yet but surely one or 2 should be showing signs of giving us a bit of fight\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ as of yet, none have come to the fore

FilipinoHibs
12-09-2019, 11:22 PM

About a million of fresh cash was pumped once Farmer and all compensated for shares and turning part (rest of debt written off) of Farmer debt into shares. Ron in a BBC interview said up to club his they spent it and could go on players.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 11:23 PM
LD stated at the time of the Community Foundation sponsorship that the football budget would not be affected in any what so ever.

we are hibs
13-09-2019, 04:11 AM
LD stated at the time of the Community Foundation sponsorship that the football budget would not be affected in any what so ever.

Which is just nonsense considering we are losing out on additional money through the lack of a sponsor.

Clarence
13-09-2019, 04:56 AM
Isn’t this the sort of scenario that HSL used to help out with?

DetroitHibs
13-09-2019, 05:01 AM
I’ve no idea. Any time someone suggests we push the boat out for an outstanding individual we’re usually told Hibs won’t do that so they don’t upset the other players. Whether that’s the case or not though is a totally different story.

That’s the biggest load of BS about upsetting other players. Almost every team going has players that earn double and treble what others are on. Happens at Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. I’m not having a go at you, I just don’t believe that fable that was spun out many years ago.

The funny thing about that statement. For arguments sake, let’s say Hanlon or Horgan got upset over a player earning double. Quite simple. Go find a club to pay you what you want. A player usually earns what he earns, because that’s what he’s worth. If 2-3 clubs are interested in him, he can get a higher wage. If only one club fancies him, then he’s not got much bargaining.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Hecky adamant the well has run dry

Are we skint?

Do we have a transfer budget for January?

JimBHibees
13-09-2019, 05:49 AM
Which is just nonsense considering we are losing out on additional money through the lack of a sponsor.

Unless the transfer budget wasn't affected by the strip sponsor or money was moved to supplement the transfer budget.

Davy Mac
13-09-2019, 06:18 AM

Couldn't agree more, who is ultimately responsible for this?

Col2
13-09-2019, 07:00 AM

A CEO is appointed by the board to run the club in the most commercially effective manner. So it starts with LD. In addition it’s clear that Hibs are only now looking to invest in appointing new commercial roles in the club.

Our new owners given his background of media and marketing must have a view on this and he already has ‘his guy’ as part of non exec role who must be conducting initial assessment. We are 3 months down the line so I would hope we might get some insight sooner rather than later.

Feelsnlike we have cut costs to the bone to run the club very efficiently but now recognition we need to invest in talent and senior experience to build the business as it’s stagnating despite record attendances. With that I would hope the club and HSL can come together to put a slick subscription model in place to maximize supporter income/donations.

I still don’t understand why Hibs don’t say to to like of me. Pay £65 per month and you get season ticket, home cup games, Hibs tv, £50 towards club merchandised and contribute to club player budget / academy.

Since90+2
13-09-2019, 07:01 AM

The CEO.

Davy Mac
13-09-2019, 07:02 AM
The CEO.

Correct.

Smartie
13-09-2019, 07:05 AM
that makes no sense I’m afraid.

Those squads didn’t set the league on fire let’s be honest.

We had the most amazing day ever with Stubbs. But plenty other teams won cups over the same time frame

The players we took down with us who stayed will have been on decent money.

The pedigree of the players we brought in would suggest they were on decent money, and those players were the bedrock of the cup winning team, the promotion team and the team that did well on our return to the premier.

We managed that on crowds of about 8000 and just about managed to keep our heads above water.

Our current squad has 2 senior strikers and no defensive midfielders at a time when our finances should be as good as they've ever been.

Something doesn't add up.

How Hearts make their numbers add up is their business.

BoomtownHibees
13-09-2019, 07:07 AM
I still don’t understand why Hibs don’t say to to like of me. Pay £65 per month and you get season ticket, home cup games, Hibs tv, £50 towards club merchandised and contribute to club player budget / academy.

I don’t understand this last paragraph. You think you should get to pay £65 per month that covers all home league games, all home cup games, Hibs TV, £50 to spend in the shop and some left over to donate to the player budget and academy? Am I reading that right?

J-C
13-09-2019, 07:20 AM
We've paid over the odds for average Championship and lower league players, if we want to bring guys from England up here we need to pay the going rate, they're not coming up here for pennies. The Doidge transfer was ridiculously expensive for a player who's had 1 good season in division 2. It looks like our manager has went all out to get players in he knows, even if these players aren't all that good.

Going back to Efe, he'll be looking for a decent signing on fee as well as a decent wage that'll be why it's a non starter.

Peevemor
13-09-2019, 07:28 AM
We've paid over the odds for average Championship and lower league players, if we want to bring guys from England up here we need to pay the going rate, they're not coming up here for pennies. The Doidge transfer was ridiculously expensive for a player who's had 1 good season in division 2. It looks like our manager has went all out to get players in he knows, even if these players aren't all that good.

Going back to Efe, he'll be looking for a decent signing on fee as well as a decent wage that'll be why it's a non starter.

How much did he cost exactly? How much is he being paid?

Captain Trips
13-09-2019, 08:13 AM
I.m a wee bit puzzled by your post. ok, the new players are hardly tested as of yet but surely one or 2 should be showing signs of giving us a bit of fight\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ as of yet, none have come to the fore

I do not see what is su puzzling I still at this juncture cannot say that these players are a waste of money. Your opinion is none have come to the fore mine is Jackson looks ok but he could go on and be a waste and somebody not standing out as of now could kick on. So as I say for me after first set of fixtures is time to look at whats been offered.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 08:15 AM

Was that money actually going to the football budget, though? Maybe it was being used to pay Farmer his 500k so actually it hasn't put the football budget down at all.

Greenworld
13-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Hecky adamant the well has run dry

Are we skint?

Do we have a transfer budget for January?Or the club have decided to give him no more money .
They may be holding back what they have left for our next manager.

Greenworld
13-09-2019, 08:28 AM
If I rub the genie kettle will Ron actually appear and tell us what is happening

easty
13-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Was that money actually going to the football budget, though? Maybe it was being used to pay Farmer his 500k so actually it hasn't put the football budget down at all.

Any money we don’t get that we could/should have got...means less money is available to Hibs. Hibs money is football budget money.

If I’m missing something there, someone please point it out to me.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 08:51 AM
If I rub the genie kettle will Ron actually appear and tell us what is happening

Please see my post #70

I am convinced that if we really need funds funds will be made available

Maybe not to Hecky though but I do not think he will standby and see us relegated but it is only week 5

truehibernian
13-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Absolute no brainer - if he wants to come back we need to fund it. Great player, versatile, and drives the team forward.

J-C
13-09-2019, 09:04 AM

Reports of between £250-350k in the papers, being touted for English Championship prior to coming here, so I'd assume he'll be on a decent wage.

Peevemor
13-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Reports of between £250-350k in the papers, being touted for English Championship prior to coming here, so I'd assume he'll be on a decent wage.

So you said he was "ridiculously expensive", when in fact you don't know.

superfurryhibby
13-09-2019, 09:08 AM

It's become one of the Hibs net"facts". I doubt the fee was anything close to the figures in question.

Since452
13-09-2019, 09:10 AM
As much as i love Efe im not sure him coming into a defence that is making so many mistakes is the right environment for him. He excelled when he had solid defenders around him but thats not the case at the minute and confidence looks dodgy at the back. As good as Efe is the team is a lot weaker in general so he'd get caught out more.

J-C
13-09-2019, 09:18 AM

We paid a fee, those were reported, if these are the figures the it's too much, if you know otherwise say so, if not button it and give me peace. Getting really pissed off with the argumentative nature of posts in here nowadays, no wonder less and less regular posters don't come on here now.

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2019, 09:19 AM
I'd also love to re-sign Efe, though I fear his wage demands might make it impossible. If a package could be agreed, then great; our defence really needs improving.

tonyrougier123
13-09-2019, 09:26 AM
I honestly think its a case of sink or swim for heckingbottom with the squad he has built.efe should have been signed already,ffs the guy is having a kick about in nigeria.mental!

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 09:32 AM

Do you know it’s less expensive than J-C posted?

calumhibee1
13-09-2019, 09:32 AM
We paid a fee, those were reported, if these are the figures the it's too much, if you know otherwise say so, if not button it and give me peace. Getting really pissed off with the argumentative nature of posts in here nowadays, no wonder less and less regular posters don't come on here now.

Maybe folk are being argumentative because you’ve posted that Doidge cost too much when you don’t know what he cost or you’ve posted that Newell wasn’t wanted by the recruitment team when you don’t know that either.

If you’re going to stick the boot in at Hibs for things you don’t even know are the case then you should expect folk to back up their club. Some folk of course will jump on the bandwagon and slaughter the club along with you.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Maybe folk are being argumentative because you’ve posted that Doidge cost too much when you don’t know what he cost or you’ve posted that Newell wasn’t wanted by the recruitment team when you don’t know that either.

If you’re going to stick the boot in at Hibs for things you don’t even know are the case then you should expect folk to back up their club. Some folk of course will jump on the bandwagon and slaughter the club along with you.

He cost “in excess of £250k” it’s not sticking the boot in at Hibs either, it’s saying the HC shot his load on pap and now there’s no money for quality like Ambrose.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Any money we don’t get that we could/should have got...means less money is available to Hibs. Hibs money is football budget money.

If I’m missing something there, someone please point it out to me.

No, you aren't. Its just that the football portion budget isn't lower than last season because we lack a sponsor. Hibs money is running the club money, not all football budget money.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 09:35 AM
No, you aren't. Its just that the football budget isn't lower than last season because we lack a sponsor.

But it would be more if we had a sponsor.

B.H.F.C
13-09-2019, 09:37 AM

On Doidge, I think we can all assume and agree that we paid out a significant amount of money to secure him. Obviously nobody knows the exact amount, but it’s pretty obvious it was significant by our standards.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 09:39 AM
On Doidge, I think we can all assume and agree that we paid out a significant amount of money to secure him. Obviously nobody knows the exact amount, but it’s pretty obvious it was significant by our standards.

No, no, no, - unless you know the exact amount and are the agent of Doidge then you can’t comment or state this, or something like that.

tonyrougier123
13-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Id like to see a wee song for efe tomorrow,send the board a message.

Just under 13,000 season tickets sold.we should be absolutely going for players of that calibre.
Or what actually sets us apart from teams like motherwell and saints?
I refuse to believe efe would be an expensive signing as things stand.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2019, 09:45 AM
No, no, no, - unless you know the exact amount and are the agent of Doidge then you can’t comment or state this, or something like that.

Some folk might say they have never played or managed at this level, so can't really give an opinion on this subject.

Not In The Know
13-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Could HSL donations Pay to bring Efe back?

DetroitHibs
13-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Quick Google search says Doidge cost between £250,000 and £350,000. It’s really not that hard to believe is it :confused:

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Some folk might say they have never played or managed at this level, so can't really give an opinion on this subject.

Correct - fitba people ken what’s goan on.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Quick Google search says Doidge cost between £250,000 and £350,000. It’s really not that hard to believe is it :confused:

In today’s market McBurnie sells for £20m which makes it completely feasible that we spent £250k on the Welsh Nish.

tonyrougier123
13-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Could HSL donations Pay to bring Efe back?

Could be a use for hsl going forward.
Target donations for selected projects.
Ponying up so to speak.maybe a fans recruitment team,having a say on signings engaging the support over who wears the shirt?? The manager being involved in the selection process??

Heisenberg
13-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Doidge is actually going to need a proper run in the team at some point. 3-5-2 looks the obvious choice with our current squad.

J-C
13-09-2019, 10:13 AM

😂👍

easty
13-09-2019, 10:14 AM
3-5-2 looks the obvious choice with our current squad.

:agree:

ChooseLife
13-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Europa league income last season + £700K
Mcginn + £3m
Aston Villa promotion bonus + £200K - 1m (say 200k)
Ron Gordon clearing the debt + 500K a year
Ron Gordon Investment + £1m
Record number of season ticket sales/attendance for 2-3 years +?

Kamberi fee - £150K
The doader we got from Forest Green - £250K
fee to sevco for the loan - £50K

I know it isn't as simple as that but that's a huge difference, all our incoming transfer fees were covered by the unexpected and unbudgeted Europa league money from last season, at least we had the Training Centre and East Stand to show for our entire golden generation (even though the money we received for Scott Brown + Steven Fletcher alone was more than enough to cover both) it seemed to be accepted at the time that the 7+ million we received for Thomson, Whittaker, Murphy, GOC, Stokes + Deeks would go to club costs and debt management, just like back then I'm slowly accepting the "club costs" eating up all of the Mcginn money.

easty
13-09-2019, 10:29 AM
fee to sevco for the loan - £200K

:confused:

What?

Where's this come from? Have we said we paid £200k to loan a player who wasn't getting a game at Rangers? Nah. If we, or Rangers, haven't said this, then I'm not having it at all. We'll be paying his wages, or a portion of, nowt else. Surely?

ChooseLife
13-09-2019, 10:39 AM

What?

Where's this come from? Have we said we paid £200k to loan a player who wasn't getting a game at Rangers? Nah. If we, or Rangers, haven't said this, then I'm not having it at all. We'll be paying his wages, or a portion of, nowt else. Surely?

I'm sure I read on here we payed a small fee for the loan, it might have been closer to 50K tbh, I've edited my original post to 50K which further reinforces the point, were is the all Mcginn money?

Jim44
13-09-2019, 10:47 AM

What?

I can’t believe we paid £200k for the loan. Like you, I thought we basically paid all or some of the player’s wages but it was pointed out to me that all loans involve a fee and then a ‘wages’ element. I assume that £200k, if correct, is fee and wages combined. This would put him among our top wage earners.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 10:52 AM
:wtf:

Just one cottonpicking minute!

Who agreed a 200k loan fee payable by Hibernian FC to The Rangers FC to develop one of their players for them?

I could see the sense as cover for Boyle if it wasn’t costing us anything and how are his wages divided up?

Stuart93
13-09-2019, 10:54 AM
:wtf:

Just one cottonpicking minute!

Who agreed a 200k loan fee payable by Hibernian FC to The Rangers FC to develop one of their players for them?

I could see the sense as cover for Boyle if it wasn’t costing us anything and how are his wages divided up?

We haven’t paid 200k

Col2
13-09-2019, 10:54 AM
I don’t understand this last paragraph. You think you should get to pay £65 per month that covers all home league games, all home cup games, Hibs TV, £50 to spend in the shop and some left over to donate to the player budget and academy? Am I reading that right?

The Netflix or Sky subscription model.

A package which I pay monthly and covers a number of services such as the one I outlined. I said £65 per month but that was just finger in the air.

Hibs have me and many supporters as customer who can easily be sold a package of products and services which would provide them with great income than the ad hoc approach. For example would most tick a box for £5 a month for Hibs tv - probably yes. I bet we have less than 10% of customer currently subscribed to Hibs tv.

It needs investment in technology, marketing and promotion and would still need services to be aligned under one umbrella.

So...

£30 pm month season ticket
£5 pm Hibs TV
£10 pm for cup top up (risk/reward)
£5 pm for £100 off merchandise
£25 pm ( of flex ) towards Hibs (transfer fund and academy)

So Hibs get fans to sign up to one package of arrives and donations - with ability to move up and down on certain elements.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Nae chance we paid that. Hecky said there was no funds left apart from loans unless something happened, we lose Boyle and there’s magically £200k to pay for a player no getting a game for the huns? Not a hope in hell its the case.

MikeyS
13-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Id like to see a wee song for efe tomorrow,send the board a message.

Just under 13,000 season tickets sold.we should be absolutely going for players of that calibre.
Or what actually sets us apart from teams like motherwell and saints?
I refuse to believe efe would be an expensive signing as things stand.

To what tune should we sing that??

J-C
13-09-2019, 11:01 AM
I remember it was mentioned at the time but was shot down by a good few, paying a fee is not uncommon but I can't see that happening here.

tonyrougier123

Lets save our season goggs!
Go sign EFE AMBROSE! EFE AMBROSE!

easty
I can’t believe we paid £200k for the loan. Like you, I thought we basically paid all or some of the player’s wages but it was pointed out to me that all loans involve a fee and then a ‘wages’ element. I assume that £200k, if correct, is fee and wages combined. This would put him among our top wage earners.

There wouldnt always have to be a fee for a loan. We've got players out on loan. I bet Dundee aren't paying a fee to have Mackie. Campbell and Sterling at Arbroath, they won't have paid a fee.

We'll be covering a portion of Middletons wages. It makes nae sense for us to pay a fee on top.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:02 AM

Hecky go and sign Ambrose, sign Ambrose to “head shoulders knees and toes” 👍

Dav1986
If the opportunity is there, we should 100% be making an offer. Would walk right into the team and stroll most games as he did before.

Quality player!!

MWHIBBIES
But it would be more if we had a sponsor.

Maybe, or that money would go into something we have chosen to neglect this season.

easty
13-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Maybe, or that money would go into something we have chosen to neglect this season.

What like?

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Such as? Neglect some more then and get Ambrose through the door.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 11:04 AM
In today’s market McBurnie sells for £20m which makes it completely feasible that we spent £250k on the Welsh Nish.

I'd be quiet happy if he contributed as well as Nish did in his first 2 seasons.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 11:06 AM
What like?

Such as? Neglect some more then and get Ambrose through the door.

I don't know, maybe one of the other thousand things that go into running a big business with loads of employess and buildings.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Een has article with 13 free agents...some cracking players in the list

easty
13-09-2019, 11:07 AM
I don't know, maybe one of the other thousand things that go into running a big business with loads of employess and buildings.

If there were things we could get away with just not paying, then why were we wasting money on them last year?

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:08 AM
I'd be quiet happy if he contributed as well as Nish did in his first 2 seasons.

Me too. I liked Nishy.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 11:09 AM
If there were things we could get away with just not paying, then why were we wasting money on them last year?

Because they cant be consistently neglected? Like, you can leave not maintaining things for a year, not 5 years.

J-C
13-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Me too. I liked Nishy.

So did I apart from constantly being offside and falling on his arse all too easily.

WhileTheChief..
13-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Player manager.

2 birds, 1 stone.

Sorted.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 11:16 AM
We haven’t paid 200k

Searched the internet no evidence we have paid 200k will just have to wait until the Accounts come out

Hun fan forums say we have got a good player but seem more concerned that Hecky will turn him into a left back :confused:

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:22 AM
So did I apart from constantly being offside and falling on his arse all too easily.

We’ve had worse, much much worse.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Player manager.

2 birds, 1 stone.

Sorted.

Can you just imagine? :greengrin

If the seasons to be a write off just for the ****s I wouldn’t say no. 6-5 every game.

Onceinawhile
13-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Colin Nish suffered due to the strikers we had before him being far, far better than him.

A number of the strikers after him however were far, far worse than him.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Colin Nish suffered due to the strikers we had before him being far, far better than him.

A number of the strikers after him however were far, far worse than him.

Doidge does remind me of him though.

Hibiza
13-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Efe as a striker ?

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Efe as a striker ?

He can be our shirt sponsor if he wants

tonyrougier123
13-09-2019, 11:37 AM
If you let us know what tune that is to I'll try and get it going.

I quite liked 90+2s suggestion to the tune of shoulders knees and toes

Go hecky sign ambrose sign ambrose

Or to efes old tune

Craig and dempster lets sign EFE AMBROSE! EFE AMBROSE!

Stuart93
13-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Searched the internet no evidence we have paid 200k will just have to wait until the Accounts come out

Hun fan forums say we have got a good player but seem more concerned that Hecky will turn him into a left back :confused:

I wouldn’t go looking at any hun forums, talk a lot of pish

I'm Spartacus
13-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Player manager.

2 birds, 12 stone.

Sorted.

Sounds like a great night!

I'm Spartacus
13-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Why? That's actually the last forum I'd read in UK football.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Why? That's actually the last forum I'd read in UK football.

Ha Ha!

Purely for Investigative purposes over there I am aka ” Billythehun1690”

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 12:39 PM
I quite liked 90+2s suggestion to the tune of shoulders knees and toes

Go hecky sign ambrose sign ambrose

Or to efes old tune

Craig and dempster lets sign EFE AMBROSE! EFE AMBROSE!

Cheers 😁

We could add in second line - you know it makes sense, we’ve got a ***** defence... or maybe no.

The 90+2
13-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Ha Ha!

Purely for Investigative purposes over there I am aka ” Billythehun1690”

Billyonthewall1690 👍

Iggy Pope
13-09-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm sure I read on here we payed a small fee for the loan, it might have been closer to 50K tbh, I've edited my original post to 50K which further reinforces the point, were is the all Mcginn money?

You’re good with figures aren’t you? That accounts for the ***** spelling and sentence structure.

ChooseLife
13-09-2019, 02:37 PM
You’re good with figures aren’t you? That accounts for the ***** spelling and sentence structure.

I don't have the amount of life experience as you do, you'll have to forgive me, that figure being over inflated just means that we didn't need all of the Europa League money for our transfer business, no one has addressed the point about the missing money, it's just people debating if we payed 200K for the sevco loan despite me editing it to 50k swiftly after it was pointed out to me it was wrong, I've overestimated our spend and underestimated transfer income, where is the Mcginn money?

ahibby
13-09-2019, 03:02 PM
I don't have the amount of life experience as you do, you'll have to forgive me, that figure being over inflated just means that we didn't need all of the Europa League money for our transfer business, no one has addressed the point about the missing money, it's just people debating if we payed 200K for the sevco loan despite me editing it to 50k swiftly after it was pointed out to me it was wrong, I've overestimated our spend and underestimated transfer income, where is the Mcginn money?

Did u count the seven year contracts between SDG and DM? That money came from the team budget too.

ChooseLife
13-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Did u count the seven year contracts between SDG and DM? That money came from the team budget too.

I assumed that contract extensions would be more than covered by our recent record ST numbers and attendances, we had the budget to cover both players wages before McGinn was sold, where has the McGinn money gone?

Torto7
13-09-2019, 03:36 PM

Its being held back for this new super duper indoor arena I presume. Otherwise I agree with you that the spending hasn't come close to touching what we've brought in. Even including the shambles Leanne has managed to make of the commercial side of Hibs.

The benefit of more infrastructure spending and this facility in particular is lost on me though. Unless there's scope for commercial revenue to the club from building it then I can't see the point. If we need to meet the project Brave requirements then why can't we hire Oriam as and when needed.

ancient hibee
13-09-2019, 03:48 PM
The Netflix or Sky subscription model.

A package which I pay monthly and covers a number of services such as the one I outlined. I said £65 per month but that was just finger in the air.

Hibs have me and many supporters as customer who can easily be sold a package of products and services which would provide them with great income than the ad hoc approach. For example would most tick a box for £5 a month for Hibs tv - probably yes. I bet we have less than 10% of customer currently subscribed to Hibs tv.

It needs investment in technology, marketing and promotion and would still need services to be aligned under one umbrella.

So...

£30 pm month season ticket
£5 pm Hibs TV
£10 pm for cup top up (risk/reward)
£5 pm for £100 off merchandise
£25 pm ( of flex ) towards Hibs (transfer fund and academy)

So Hibs get fans to sign up to one package of arrives and donations - with ability to move up and down on certain elements.

Questions-

1 How many month’s would this be paid for,12?

2 What happens if punters cancel?

3 If there was a big take up and therefore spread over a period what would the club use for signing /transfer fees?

Stonewall
13-09-2019, 03:50 PM
I assumed that contract extensions would be more than covered by our recent record ST numbers and attendances, we had the budget to cover both players wages before McGinn was sold, where has the McGinn money gone?

Ponzi scheme anyone?

Broken Gnome
13-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Ponzi scheme anyone?

No one?

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Announce Efe

Col2
13-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Questions-

1 How many month’s would this be paid for,12?

2 What happens if punters cancel?

3 If there was a big take up and therefore spread over a period what would the club use for signing /transfer fees?

1. Yes
2. If you look at other clubs in Europe the experience is one that suggests very little cancellation. Season ticket would be stopped and card blocked.
3. A flat cash flow profile has as much benefit as a spike in summer. Given we don’t pay huge fees o would suspect the days of big outlay in June and July are gone.

H113EE5
13-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Efe him. He chose to walk away. Now he can’t find a club he’s crawling back. Not thanks

Perd Hapley
13-09-2019, 10:56 PM
He can be our shirt sponsor if he wants

top-tier response

Jim44
13-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Efe him. He chose to walk away. Now he can’t find a club he’s crawling back. Not thanks

Don’t spite your face and keep your nose on. He moved on for more money and more opportunity, just as the vast majority of footballers would do. It hasn’t worked out for him but that’s not a sound reason for us going in the powder puff with him. If he’s available and of a mind to come back, I say we go for it.

FilipinoHibs
13-09-2019, 11:13 PM

Typically these loans deals are financially settled by a loan to cover the wages of the player that are being covered by club who are being lent the player. So if we are being lent the player for 44 weeks and paying £2k of his wage there would be a loan fee of £88k. It may be paid in monthly instalments. There also may some compensation for the depreciation of his transfer value to Rangers over the 44 weeks.

J-C
14-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Don’t spite your face and keep your nose on. He moved on for more money and more opportunity, just as the vast majority of footballers would do. It hasn’t worked out for him but that’s not a sound reason for us going in the powder puff with him. If he’s available and of a mind to come back, I say we go for it.

I can sort of see where he's coming from though, we gave Efe a chance to earn his residency visa and seemingly offered him a very lucrative new deal, even if he was leaving in the January, it would've been nice if he had left with a transfer giving us a wee bit back instead of going for nowt using his wee get out clause.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 07:45 AM
I can sort of see where he's coming from though, we gave Efe a chance to earn his residency visa and seemingly offered him a very lucrative new deal, even if he was leaving in the January, it would've been nice if he had left with a transfer giving us a wee bit back instead of going for nowt using his wee get out clause.

On the other hand, it seemed he struggled to get a club after leaving having done nothing after a trial at Derby. Perhaps he was advised to leave like he did to make it easier to get a club. Who afterall was going to pay a fee for him considering he can’t get a gig down the road as a free agent just now?

Cataplana
14-09-2019, 08:04 AM
I think Efe was playing for Neil Lennon, rather than Hibs. I'm not sure Hecky would be able to manage him as well.

147lothian
14-09-2019, 09:20 AM
While the other defenders clear their lines by blootering the ball up the park Efe would take the more difficult option of carrying the ball out of defence and either picking out a midfielder or going on a mazy run. This is why IMO there's currently no link up between defence and midfield because none of them do what Efe did.

Signing Efe should be a no brainer, to me if the no money line gets used it could be because of a lack of ambition from Ron

tonyrougier123
03-01-2020, 01:45 AM
Just reading livingston are linked with ambrose,I hope we have a really good shortlist for a decent ball playing cb if we are passing up the chance to sign efe.

CMurdoch
03-01-2020, 02:13 AM
Efe hasn't played for over a year and never was the disciplined sort.
Could take him quite a while to get up to speed.

heretoday
03-01-2020, 04:36 AM
We don't need Efe. We need younger and fitter guys.

HH81
03-01-2020, 05:26 AM
What a waste of a year for him. Should have stayed at Hibs.

Percy Vere
03-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Just reading livingston are linked with ambrose,I hope we have a really good shortlist for a decent ball playing cb if we are passing up the chance to sign efe.

If Livi get Efe they will have a solid defensive core with him and Marv.
Really hope Hibs talk to him, can’t see us doing better.