PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

hibbyfraelibby
10-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Started for Lithuania tonight. HT 1-0 Game time seems to be doing him good. There is a player in there given a decent run. Big Dave on the bench too, wonder if he'd be an upgrade on our existing strike force

3pm
10-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Slivka’s has his time. He ain’t the answer, be surprised if he’s still here next season.

Might even go in Jan.

calumhibee1
10-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Slivka’s has his time. He ain’t the answer, be surprised if he’s still here next season.

Might even go in Jan.

Agree with that.

Carheenlea
10-09-2019, 08:11 PM
His best games seem to be against better opposition. In games against lesser quality opposition where you would expect him to stamp more of an authority, he more often than not is anonymous. There’s a very good player there, but I wonder if his hearts really in it here at Hibs.

Smartie
10-09-2019, 08:14 PM
I'd always had hope for him but I've been losing patience with him this season. I have a hunch that he'd probably be a good player in a good team but he's a very poor match for our other current central midfielders.

If I was our manager and we were in 1 in 1 out territory I'd be looking to shift either him or Mallan on and bring in someone whose game is more solid defensively.

calumhibee1
10-09-2019, 08:19 PM
I'd always had hope for him but I've been losing patience with him this season. I have a hunch that he'd probably be a good player in a good team but he's a very poor match for our other current central midfielders.

If I was our manager and we were in 1 in 1 out territory I'd be looking to shift either him or Mallan on and bring in someone whose game is more solid defensively.

Agree with that. And although he's not done it this season, Mallans goals and assists would mean that Slivka would be by a distance the first I'd be looking to get out the door between they two.

Hi Heid Yin
10-09-2019, 09:06 PM
The fact that even now, after all this time (2 years), Slivka is still talked about as "there's a player in there somewhere".
This speaks volumes for me.
I have accepted that he is and will remain a bit part player.
We need far better quality if we genuinely want to move to that next level and be a regular top 3/4 side.
I'd move him on at the first opportunity.

jacomo
10-09-2019, 09:56 PM

What is frustrating is that he wasn’t good enough to get in the team ahead of Dylan and Mcginn, and now he doesn’t seem good enough to get in this team either.

I thought he’d really kick on but he hasn’t.

CockneyRebel
10-09-2019, 10:08 PM
The fact that even now, after all this time (2 years), Slivka is still talked about as "there's a player in there somewhere".
This speaks volumes for me.
I have accepted that he is and will remain a bit part player.
We need far better quality if we genuinely want to move to that next level and be a regular top 3/4 side.
I'd move him on at the first opportunity.

Sadly, as a Slivka supporter, I have to agree.

Nicho87
10-09-2019, 11:13 PM
Not good enough. Should have left last window, but shows how poor the squad is now.

supermcginn
10-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Started for Lithuania tonight. HT 1-0 Game time seems to be doing him good. There is a player in there given a decent run. Big Dave on the bench too, wonder if he'd be an upgrade on our existing strike force

Big Dave would me more useful than shaw. Truth hurts to anyone offended.

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Absolute certainty he leaves in January and is class for some mob in Bulgaria or like.

CloudSquall
11-09-2019, 01:59 AM
Can't see him making it at Hibs now, if he
can't break into this team he'll never do it, however it wouldn't surprise me if he is the type of player we see turn up in the Europa League group stages with some half decent team from Eastern Europe at some point.

GordonHFC
11-09-2019, 05:18 AM
Absolute certainty he leaves in January and is class for some mob in Bulgaria or like.

Convinced he would have been gone if he hadn't turned up for pre season injured.

BILLYHIBS
11-09-2019, 05:35 AM
Agree with that. And although he's not done it this season, Mallans goals and assists would mean that Slivka would be by a distance the first I'd be looking to get out the door between they two.

I cannot see Mallan repeating his goals and assists ratio of last season anytime soon especially in his new deep lying role

His last few free kicks have been shockers he could not tackle a fish supper does not get out of first gear and smiles at opposition midfielders as they run past him

Needs to be benched

Slivka just shades it for me. :greengrin

Stevie Mallan had a well taken corner for the Jackson goal against St Johnstone

Cannot think of any others

As others have said Slivka tends to turn up versus the big teams

Against the wee teams he does one good thing then disappears for about twenty minutes

Hallberg better be good

Unseen work
11-09-2019, 06:38 AM
He’s a good player but not good enough for where we want to go IMO. He’s reasonably good on the ball and makes good runs into the box which is something we lack from midfield.

Seen him play quite well in a right wing back role a couple of times, noticeably against Rangers in the 5-5 game.

Would be on a decent enough wage so wouldn’t be against him moving on to get another in.

Paloschi
11-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Lennon played him out of position and Hecky has only started him once or twice. He didn't have a full pre season. Give him a break. Hopefully he will step up in the next few weeks.

The Modfather
11-09-2019, 07:54 AM
The Lithuanian Brian Kerr.

Onceinawhile
11-09-2019, 08:06 AM

Yes, Big dave with his 0 goals in 12 appearances would be much more useful than Oli Shaw with his 10 goals in 42 appearances.

Since452
11-09-2019, 08:09 AM

Ah Big Dave. And to think people are lambasting Hecky over some of his singnings...

we are hibs
11-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Lennon played him out of position and Hecky has only started him once or twice. He didn't have a full pre season. Give him a break. Hopefully he will step up in the next few weeks.

Hes into his third season. Hes had enough time to step up. If he was as good as some claimed he wouldve managed to secure a regular place in what has been a mostly honking midfield in the past year but he hasnt.

bigwheel
11-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Slivka has a bit of the Tam McManus about him for me , different positions obvs - really really want him to turn into a high performing player - seems to have all the toolkit - but never quite happens ....

Tyler Durden
11-09-2019, 08:32 AM

Hecky played him a lot in his first few months. He lost his place after his red card against St Johnstone, had a few starts after that and was poor.

He’s had plenty chances.

The 90+2
11-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Convinced he would have been gone if he hadn't turned up for pre season injured.

I think he was also.

dangermouse
11-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Yes, Big dave with his 0 goals in 12 appearances would be much more useful than Oli Shaw with his 10 goals in 42 appearances.

Sure he got one. A tap in against Arbroath or some similar lower league team in the league cup.

Robbo6-2
11-09-2019, 08:59 AM
How many chances does he actually need.

1 good game in 20 does not make you a player.

His best ever performance for us was in the 5 all game with Rangers. Could count on one hand similar performances hes had like that over his time here.

Simply not good enough and we should of tried to move him on in the summer

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2019, 09:01 AM
How many chances does he actually need.

1 good game in 20 does not make you a player.

His best ever performance for us was in the 5 all game with Rangers. Could count on one hand similar performances hes had like that over his time here.

Simply not good enough and we should of tried to move him on in the summerThat wasn't even his best Hibs peformance against Rangers.

Big Dave would me more useful than shaw. Truth hurts to anyone offended.Based on what?

BILLYHIBS
11-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Remember Slivka having good performances last season versus Celtic 2-0 when he scored early doors and Hamilton 6-0 where he was part of a very good midfield performance

The_Horde
11-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Played some of his best stuff 'out of position' mostly on the right hand side.

H18 SFR
11-09-2019, 05:39 PM
The Lithuanian Brian Kerr.

There was a player in there somewhere.

11-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Sure he got one. A tap in against Arbroath or some similar lower league team in the league cup.

He scored in the 85th minute in a 5-0 League Cup win over Ayr. Cost me a couple of hundred quid as I had Stokes 1st goal and 4-0. At the time I thought "Ah well, at least that's him up and running now." I'd have forgiven him if he'd gone on to score a few more but he never really got much of a look in. Presumably wasn't good enough in training.

Lancs Harp
11-09-2019, 08:00 PM
He has a bit if talent his game just isnt suited to Scottish football. He requires time on the ball he just doesnt get in the SPL. I think its that simple.

WestCoastHibby
11-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Unless he gets bitten by a radioactive spider I’d say his powers are as “super” as they are going to get
I’d offload him ASAP

The 90+2
11-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Unless he gets bitten by a radioactive spider I’d say his powers are as “super” as they are going to get
I’d offload him ASAP

😂😂😂😂

I_Love_Latapy
11-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Never been a fan. Best contribution is those diagonal runs he sometimes sets off on cutting across midfield. Otherwise all sideways pass and no tracking back.

DetroitHibs
11-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Think he'll end up having a decent career, just not at Hibs.

greenpaper55
12-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Check the last goal we lost against Motherwell , he starts to run back then just jogs, if he burst a gut he just might have got back to stop their forward cutting inside and scoring. Not good enough.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 08:52 AM
A first choice international signed from Juventus. I think we probably all expected a bit better. There is a player in there but we only see it in flashes.

Unseen work
12-09-2019, 08:59 AM
I think his best position is in the hole behind the striker and would score a reasonable amount of goals if played there for a team like St Johnstone etc. Gets in good positions and likes getting in the box.

Never going to play that role for us.

Nicho87
12-09-2019, 09:31 PM
The fact this whole debate on slivka has went on since pretty much day one shows he’s not good enough.or are the other 50% dafties

danhibees1875
12-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Remember Slivka having good performances last season versus Celtic 2-0 when he scored early doors and Hamilton 6-0 where he was part of a very good midfield performance

The European game against Asteris at ER he was very good when brought into the middle. He also done well against Morton recently.

Sammy7nil
12-09-2019, 10:23 PM
The European game against Asteris at ER he was very good when brought into the middle. He also done well against Morton recently.

That is good then three good games in his third year :wink: :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
13-09-2019, 06:06 AM
He played wide right against Portugal, think we should put him there for Horgan.

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2019, 11:06 AM
seems hes carrying a knock on his ankle and might not make it.

easty
13-09-2019, 11:09 AM
He played wide right against Portugal, think we should put him there for Horgan.

I can't think of any situation, other than Horgan being injured, where I'd rather have Slivka wide right than Horgan.

J-C
13-09-2019, 11:09 AM
He seems another injury prone player, 4-5 games then a wee knock, no wonder he's inconsistent.

danhibees1875
13-09-2019, 11:13 AM
That is good then three good games in his third year :wink: :rolleyes:

To be fair, he was probably then dropped for 5 games after each good performance. Then played out of position, criticised, dropped for a few more before popping up with a good performance in the middle of the pitch again.

He's no superstar like McGinn, but he's a neat and tidy player who I think would be good for us if played regularly in the middle of the pitch. It doesn't seem like he'll get the chance to do so though.

JimBHibees
13-09-2019, 11:15 AM
I can't think of any situation, other than Horgan being injured, where I'd rather have Slivka wide right than Horgan.

I can he would most likely provide more defensive cover than Horgan does. Bring Horgan on from bench.

WeeRussell
13-09-2019, 11:17 AM
I can he would most likely provide more defensive cover than Horgan does. Bring Horgan on from bench.

I think that's debatable in itself.

WeeRussell
13-09-2019, 11:19 AM

I don't mind Slivka, but if we're using that Morton game as an indicator of anyone's good performances it's time for them to go.

The_Horde
13-09-2019, 11:37 AM

He's had his best games for us out wide IMO.

Hibeesmad
13-09-2019, 11:41 AM
He seems another injury prone player, 4-5 games then a wee knock, no wonder he's inconsistent.

A lot of it could be down to his attitude and not looking after himself. I'm not saying that he does have a bad attitude as I don't know, but not being selected regularly and being fairly prone to injury could come down to a lot more than just ability.

JimBHibees
13-09-2019, 11:44 AM
I think that's debatable in itself.

Maybe more a comment how poor Horgan is defensively. Think when we are losing poor goals maybe only play one genuine winger to make us a little more solid.

JimBHibees
13-09-2019, 11:46 AM
He's had his best games for us out wide IMO.

Agree can remember him scoring v Celtic last season from wide right.

lyonhibs
13-09-2019, 12:06 PM

When you're typing something similar in 6 months, the point will rather be proven. Destined to be a "meh, what if...." kind of player at Hibs IMO.

J-C
13-09-2019, 12:10 PM
I've wanted him to come good now for 2 years and apart from glimpses he's just not done enough. I was surprised he was still here after the window.

judas
13-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Might even go in Jan.

This

Stuart93
13-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Injured from international duty

Another player made of chocolate

lyonhibs
13-09-2019, 01:35 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Not offended, more tickled pink by this top Friday comedy you're offering up.