PDA

View Full Version : How we feeling now?

Greenio
10-09-2019, 02:44 PM
With the international break done, how are folks feeling about our chances to get back on track?

Bit of time to rest, regroup and refocus would have done us well I feel.

Few good noises coming from the older heards.

Hopefully we cam kick starts from here!

matty_f
10-09-2019, 02:46 PM
With the international break done, how are folks feeling about our chances to get back on track?

I have a feeling that Saturday is going to be a turning point for us. Not sure why, but just have an inkling that we’ll get a good result then not look back.

WeeRussell
10-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Same as I did before the international break. It's up to the manager and team to put on displays to convince us they can turn things round.

JimBHibees
10-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Hopefully the break will have done us some good. The bottom line is though and the pressure is now on given the upcoming games that we need to start showing real committed and physical performances with a harder edge and 100% endeavour. Too many soft goals conceded and too many going missing when we go behind.

JimBHibees
10-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Same as I did before the international break. It's up to the manager and team to put on displays to convince us they can turn things round.

Undoubtedly.

bingo70
10-09-2019, 02:52 PM
I feel the same as I did before.

I wasn’t for Heckingbottom getting sacked, I think we are as well seeing how he gets on with all his new signings available,

I don’t think he will turn it around as he’ll need this new Swedish boy to be incredible to pin our midfield back together, you never know though, he might just make the difference.

Not holding out much hope though and I think he’ll leave after the derby.

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 02:52 PM
I’m more “meh” than anything else.

Hiber-nation
10-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Looking forward to Saturday without actually thinking of how the game will go. Anything to get back to normal.

jeffers
10-09-2019, 02:56 PM
I’m more “meh” than anything else.

Me too. Contrast that with start of the last three seasons when I couldn't wait for the international breaks to be over so I could get back to watching the Hibees.

The_Horde
10-09-2019, 03:01 PM
I have a feeling that Saturday is going to be a turning point for us. Not sure why, but just have an inkling that we’ll get a good result then not look back.

Admins! This admin is trolling. Sort it out.

Seriously though, how much flip flopping can a man do? You must've had some experience on those Bill Leckies.

Since452
10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Really looking forward to the real stuff being back. Couldn't care less what the manager or the players have to say before the game just want a win on the day. Hopefully some good work has been had on the training pitch.

Northernhibee
10-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Looking forward to it. Think we stand a good chance of turning things around with a couple of wins. If Hallberg offers that bit of balance in midfield then that helps in redressing quite a few of our issues.

Unseen work
10-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Mixed emotions for me, part of me thinks the vast majority of fans have made up their mind and there is no way back, the other part of me is excited as we have new players and players coming back from injuries. I for one think we’re not far off having a good team, a lot depends on Hallberg though.

.............................Marciano............. .

Naismith.....Jackson....Porteous.....Stevenson..

.....................Hallberg....Vela.........

Horgan.................Allan...............Middlet on..

............................Kamberi......

That to me with the options we have on the bench is a good team, like I said a lot depends on Hallberg. Naismith will be a very good addition.

I also feel sorry for Mallan as I don’t think he has been playing bad, he’s just not what folk want in the middle of the park. He makes some very good passes and keeps possession well but just lacks that physicality and defensive ability. I also think he’s one of the guys in their that is trying to organise us as he is constantly talking to folk around him.

I fancy Doidge to really kick on.

Since452
10-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Mixed emotions for me, part of me thinks the vast majority of fans have made up their mind and there is no way back, the other part of me is excited as we have new players and players coming back from injuries. I for one think we’re not far off having a good team, a lot depends on Hallberg though.

That to me with the options we have on the bench is a good team, like I said a lot depends on Hallberg. Naismith will be a very good addition.

I also feel sorry for Mallan as I don’t think he has been playing bad, he’s just not what folk want in the middle of the park. He makes some very good passes and keeps possession well but just lacks that physicality and defensive ability. I also think he’s one of the guys in their that is trying to organise us as he is constantly talking to folk around him.

That would by my team too apart from I'd play Maxwell. If we play that team and get beat then we just have to accept we aren't very good.

duffers
10-09-2019, 03:13 PM

I like the look of that team, and on paper, that team should be good enough to get 3 points on Saturday. Unfortunately however, footballs not played on paper....

B.H.F.C
10-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Don’t really feel anything. Although I’m going on Saturday I can’t say I’m particularly looking forward to it.

If he’s going to turn it round it needs to start somewhere though and that somewhere needs to be Rugby Park. Next three games determine his future IMO, but the players need to show a bit fight.

My_Wife_Camille
10-09-2019, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure why you think that either tbh, maybe some sort of denial?

IMO we'll pick up where we left off after the international break because the problems with this team isn't something that can be solved by just taking a week off.

I'm not saying we wont pick up a point or three as I've seen worse Hibs teams than this pick up points against better teams than Killie but even if we do, I don't see it being some sort of catalyst for a great season where Hibs and Heckingbottom ride off into the sunset together.

bingo70
10-09-2019, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure why you think that either tbh, maybe some sort of denial?

IMO we'll pick up where we left off after the international break because the problems with this team isn't something that can be solved by just taking a week off.

I'm not saying we wont pick up a point or three as I've seen worse Hibs teams than this pick up points against better teams than Killie but even if we do, I don't see it being some sort of catalyst for a great season where Hibs and Heckingbottom ride off into the sunset together.

I think our whole season and the managers Hibs career is going to be decided by how good this Swedish boy is.

We’re not a million miles away from being an alright side but the missing pieces of the jigsaw are just too important to be missing.

If Hallberg comes in and does a good job and we start controlling the midfield better then that might just be enough to keep Heckingbottom in a job.

With the same team as it was before the break you’re absolutely right though, that midfielder isn’t just going to fix itself by having a nice break.

green with envy
10-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Same as before, looking forward to the next game more in hope than expectation but still looking forward to it.

I'm going but more optimistic about have a more enjoyable time watching the Proccies after the game in Glasgow.

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Me too. Contrast that with start of the last three seasons when I couldn't wait for the international breaks to be over so I could get back to watching the Hibees.

Yeah, it’s ****. Big month coming up in our season though, I just wish I had confidence.

danhibees1875
10-09-2019, 04:16 PM
I'm looking forward to a run of fixtures. Early days in the league and we're 1 game away from Hampden - what's not to be excited about. :aok:

Naismith, Hallberg, and Porteous coming into the team will hopefully help our defensive side.

I think there's more to be seen going forward from Middleton and Doidge too if they can get a run in the team.

Be interesting to see what formation(s) we play over the next few games.

J-C
10-09-2019, 04:22 PM
I would like to see a few changes in personnel but gave a horrible feeling we'll still see Mallan in deep midfield being ineffectual as usual, with Hallberg and Vela on the bench.

lyonhibs
10-09-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm delighted that proper football is back after the pish of the international break, but that's as much because with a bit of luck I'll be in the pub watching the EPL with my mates here in ZH and bantering about the Fantasy league we're all in as it is because Hibs are back attempting to play football under Heckingbottom's midfield "square pegs, round holes" policy.

A couple of good results and, if I'm being greedy, performances will have the enthusiasm and interest right back up though.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2019, 05:25 PM
I don't feel any different to how I felt last week.

We need a change of manager before anything will change.

AngloHibs
10-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Not holding out much hope though and I think he’ll leave after the derby.

I think PH will still be here after winning the derby.
For all their decent players on paper, Hearts have been absolutely awful, and their keeper is worth at least a goal start for us.
I don't understand the negativity about this game at all.

bingo70
10-09-2019, 05:39 PM
For all their decent players on paper, Hearts have been absolutely awful, and their keeper is worth at least a goal start for us.

The strongest part of their team is the strength in midfield and Naismith who will drop into the hole in between our defence and midfield.

Basically their biggest strengths are our biggest weakness plus for all Leveins faults he always has them up for derbies. If we can’t sort our midfield out between now and then I fear the worst.

calumhibee1
10-09-2019, 05:54 PM
The strongest part of their team is the strength in midfield and Naismith who will drop into the hole in between our defence and midfield.

Basically their biggest strengths are our biggest weakness plus for all Leveins faults he always has them up for derbies. If we can’t sort our midfield out between now and then I fear the worst.

They got dominated in midfield by Hamilton apparently. Irving, Sean Clare and Euan Henderson all started in there. I’m not sure their midfield is half as good as a lot of Hibs fans are suggesting.. their own fans certainly don't think so.

Imo people are desperate to talk up Hearts and their ability to give us a doing to try and make things seem even worse at Hibs.. because they’re joint bottom of the league and haven’t won a league game yet, so there’s not really any other logic to the comments.

Pilrig_Sauzee
10-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Not forgotten the last few games, but have my enthusiasm back and really hope the players show a bit more self-confidence and ambition, and PH puts out a team that gives our back 4 a chance to catch their breath.

0-2: Kamberi and Alan

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Looking forward to see if we can turn this around, fingers crossed.....

SMAXXA
10-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Think we will win Saturday and get our season up and running, hope so anyway. What interests me is the team selection which could be anything

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Hope to see Hallberg. Wonder if he'll start tomorrow at Murray Park?

SMAXXA
10-09-2019, 06:23 PM
I’d go -

Marciano

Naismith Porteous Jackson Stevenson

Hallberg Vella

Horgan Allan Middleton

Kamberi

10-09-2019, 06:27 PM
T

Disappointed there has been no move to recruit a known defensive midfielder from the list of “frees” following the close of the window. From what I have seen on YouTube, Hallberg doesn’t appear to play there naturally so it will be interesting to see what the manager has done with the shape of the team and the style of play at Kilmarnock.

SMAXXA
10-09-2019, 06:30 PM
T

Disappointed there has been no move to recruit a known defensive midfielder from the list of “frees” following the close of the window. From what I have seen on YouTube, Hallberg doesn’t appear to play there naturally so it will be interesting to see what the manager has done with the shape of the team and the style of play at Kilmarnock.

How do you know there hasn’t?

JXM73
10-09-2019, 06:36 PM
I'll be looking for signs of the fabled high press, full backs pushing forward and the midfield dominating the game... bit of fight and desire, heck I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win...

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 06:39 PM
How do you know there hasn’t?

Do you know differently?

Power
10-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Looking forward to Saturday. Weekends without Hibs just isnae great.

number9dream
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I'm concerned that Dicker and Power will chew up our midfield... Not sure I'd go with two wingers since none of our wide men have made much impact so far and it might be worth going another way to beef up our options in the middle of the park.
Is it worth risking Porteous on that pitch?

Dmas
10-09-2019, 07:02 PM
I'm concerned that Dicker and Power will chew up our midfield... Not sure I'd go with two wingers since none of our wide men have made much impact so far and it might be worth going another way to beef up our options in the middle of the park.
Is it worth risking Porteous on that pitch?

I thought a diamond might be the answer still leaves the age old problem of who plays at the bottom though, be tempted to use Stevenson with Naismith in at right back Whittaker could fill in at left back

lord bunberry
10-09-2019, 07:16 PM
I’m normally an optimist, but that performance against Motherwell has left me really worried. We’re so easy to play against as the midfield offers no protection for the defence. Our full backs are constantly left isolated and unable to stop crosses coming into the box. Hopefully the manager sees this as well and changes the personnel or the formation.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2019, 07:26 PM
I’m normally an optimist, but that performance against Motherwell has left me really worried. We’re so easy to play against as the midfield offers no protection for the defence. Our full backs are constantly left isolated and unable to stop crosses coming into the box. Hopefully the manager sees this as well and changes the personnel or the formation.

Yep I'm the same. That performance at Fir Park totally scunnered me and has left me extremely worried about the remainder of the season.

The warning signs were already there but that finished me off.

Jdawg
10-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Lump all you have on Killie. They aren’t great but we are woeful.

RossScott1991
10-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Still feel the same. Killie will comfortably win 1 or 2 nil.

Hi Heid Yin
10-09-2019, 09:20 PM
No change for me.
Heckingbottom could have Ronaldo and Messi playing for us, but he would still contrive to play them out of position and within themselves, as well as have them fearing playing against The Glasgow pair.

Paisley Hibby
10-09-2019, 09:23 PM

That sums up how I feel about it too.

Paisley Hibby
10-09-2019, 09:24 PM
I’d go -

Marciano

Naismith Porteous Jackson Stevenson

Hallberg Vella

Horgan Allan Middleton

Kamberi

Wouldn't be playing Horgan

pacoluna
11-09-2019, 02:04 AM

I admire your optimism.

Unfortunately you'll be proved wrong.

11-09-2019, 02:08 AM
Porteous played 90 mins for the 21s last night so hopefully we'll see him start at Rugby Park, although the awful playing surface may see him be risked?

Barman Stanton
11-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Feeling good. We are going to hammer Killie at the weekend and there is going to be an awful lot of confused people on here not sure how to react!

(probably not, but it would be nice!)

Since452
11-09-2019, 08:58 AM
See Killie have signed a new keeper. Watch him get MOTM against us then be a bombscare agaist everyone else

Stuart93
11-09-2019, 10:25 AM

I’ve been saying this for weeks now. “Think we’ll click this week” still waiting on it. Blind optimism

Heisenberg
11-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Hibs to win at the weekend by at least a couple of goals. Doidge to score.

Maybe.

1875-Hibernia
11-09-2019, 12:00 PM
I think the international break has come at a good time for us. I seem to recall the more recent ones came when we were playing well and on good runs.

I'm probably more hopeful than confident, but I think we will pick up wins in our next two games - I still don't see Heckingbottom being the man to take us forward and permanently challenge for 3rd/4th. Which is where I'd like us to be.

What worries me most, is that if we stick with the same formation and playing wingers then I think we will be in for a torrid time. I'm also concerned about the amount of people playing Hallberg, when they've never seen him play. I honestly think we have the players there and we should be playing a diamond 442.

Mallan should be dropped unless he drops Allan and plays Mallan at front of diamond and imo Porteous should not be starting yet.

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2019, 12:02 PM

This is the team I would go with. Looks balanced. So every chance PH will play something entirely different.

Coco Bryce
11-09-2019, 12:06 PM
I don't think they will risk Ryan Saturday with that pitch.

snedzuk
11-09-2019, 12:30 PM
See Killie have signed a new keeper. Watch him get MOTM against us then be a bombscare agaist everyone else

Then back to MOTM in the penalty shoot out in a fortnight.

Keith_M
11-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Nervous but waiting to see what happens.

scooby
11-09-2019, 03:00 PM
I don't feel any different to how I felt last week.

We need a change of manager before anything will change.

Completely agree, I have a feeling he'll be toast after the derby.

Jim44
11-09-2019, 03:51 PM
With PH at the helm, I think it’s likely that we will have more involvement in what happens in the relegation end of the table rather on who does what at the top. Even with PH, I don’t see us being relegated but we are, once again, the soft touch team everyone expects to beat and probably, most of them will do that.

matty_f
11-09-2019, 03:54 PM
I’ve been saying this for weeks now. “Think we’ll click this week” still waiting on it. Blind optimism

That's exactly what it is. Joys of being a football fan, blind optimism followed by the inevitable crushing disappointment :greengrin

Sir David Gray
11-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Feeling good. We are going to hammer Killie at the weekend and there is going to be an awful lot of confused people on here not sure how to react!

(probably not, but it would be nice!)

I'm one of the most negative people on here just now and I think we'll lose on Saturday but I can assure you, I will not be confused if we win on Saturday. No-one will be happier.

houstonhibbee
11-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Lennon’s ambition was to challenge for second place
Hecky’s Ambition seems to be to settle for mediocrity
If that’s the extent of it he’s doomed to failure and surely can’t be what the management team signed up to...

H18S NX
11-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Nothings changed for me.still think it is only a matter of time,possibly after the hertz game,he will be gone.

flash
11-09-2019, 05:36 PM
If that’s the extent of it he’s doomed to failure and surely can’t be what the management team signed up to...

What a pointless post. It doesn't even make sense.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 06:50 AM

You honestly think Hecky has come in with a plan to be mediocre? Absolute nonsense. I really hope he turns it round to see the reaction of those that spout rubbish about him.

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 06:54 AM
You honestly think Hecky has come in with a plan to be mediocre? Absolute nonsense. I really hope he turns it round to see the reaction of those that spout rubbish about him.

Of course he does. He’s the devil reincarnate. Don’t you know anything?

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Of course he does. He’s the devil reincarnate. Don’t you know anything?

It would appear so. There is going to be a lot of confusion if he did happen to turn it around as a lot of people just seem to dislike him as a person for some reason. I think online pack mentality has contributed to this massively.

Unseen work
12-09-2019, 07:13 AM

So....

Lennys ambition was to finish 2nd but finished 4th with the strongest team we’ve had in years and then left us when we were in 8th.

Heckys ambition is settling for mediocrity when he took us from 8th to 5th.

Interesting synopsis.

What you say and do are two different things, Lennon constantly saying we were the second best team in the country worked against us imo and made us look a bit ridiculous.

Col2
12-09-2019, 07:27 AM

Hearts have in my opinion a materially stronger squad that we do. The Levein factor is holding them back big time. A change of manager for them to a decent manager would in my opinion transform them.

A change in manager for us would likely make us better.

The derby could go either way or more likely end up 0-0.

Hibeesmad
12-09-2019, 08:37 AM
I think having the international break could be a good thing following a few poor results. However, our next 5 games- 3 away to last season's 3rd and 4th best teams and 2 at home against the champions and our rivals isn't going to be plain sailing but it is the perfect opportunity for Hecky to change people's opinions. If we don't win a game, he must go.

MikeyS
12-09-2019, 09:00 AM

1/10......doesn't even rhyme.

ekhibee
12-09-2019, 09:47 AM
It would appear so. There is going to be a lot of confusion if he did happen to turn it around as a lot of people just seem to dislike him as a person for some reason. I think online pack mentality has contributed to this massively.

Lots of people have genuine concerns about how the team is playing at the moment, totally understandably when you see how the team has been playing and the results we've been getting but I would hope every person on here wants a Hibs win every time. I make my own mind up about things by taking these factors into consideration when I go to watch Hibs. in every game I want to be proved wrong, and that Heckingbottom hasn't made plenty of poor signings, hasn't played our best player out of position and has dropped other players who have been totally ineffectual. Let's hope that changes on Saturday. I cheer them on as I always do, but if they put in another performance like they have been doing recently the only people who look daft are people like you. So let's hope we win comfortably, for your sake and Heckingbottoms.

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 09:51 AM
1/10......doesn't even rhyme.

:greengrin

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Lots of people have genuine concerns about how the team is playing at the moment, totally understandably when you see how the team has been playing and the results we've been getting but I would hope every person on here wants a Hibs win every time. I make my own mind up about things by taking these factors into consideration when I go to watch Hibs. in every game I want to be proved wrong, and that Heckingbottom hasn't made plenty of poor signings, hasn't played our best player out of position and has dropped other players who have been totally ineffectual. Let's hope that changes on Saturday. I cheer them on as I always do, but if they put in another performance like they have been doing recently the only people who look daft are people like you. So let's hope we win comfortably, for your sake and Heckingbottoms.

Nobody has an issue with people being concerned.

The issues come from people claiming that PH settles for mediocrity, people slagging his accent, people predicting 4-0 defeats at home to a Hearts team who are joint bottom to try and whip others up into a frenzy against the manager or that refuse to accept that we won a game and claim we drew it instead. That’s the people that I’m sure BS is probably referring to.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Im concerned as well, I think any Hibs fan would be stupid not to be. But with Heckingbottom it has become personal with a lot of people, it just doesn't sit easy with me. Random threads that have nothing to with him have anti Heckingbottom comments. Have even seen him blamed for us not signing Efe ffs.

Im sure everyone would be delighted with a Hibs win, but it will be conflicting with some in regards to Heckingbottom as they simply dont like the guy. And a lot of people just hate to be proven wrong.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Nobody has an issue with people being concerned.

The issues come from people claiming that PH settles for mediocrity, people slagging his accent, people predicting 4-0 defeats at home to a Hearts team who are joint bottom to try and whip others up into a frenzy against the manager or that refuse to accept that we won a game and claim we drew it instead. That’s the people that I’m sure BS is probably referring to.

You were spot on.

J-C
12-09-2019, 10:22 AM

The problem is what he talks about and what we are seeing are 2 different things, the majority of fans are not mugs and whether you've played professionally or not, they understand football.

ekhibee
12-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Im concerned as well, I think any Hibs fan would be stupid not to be. But with Heckingbottom it has become personal with a lot of people, it just doesn't sit easy with me. Random threads that have nothing to with him have anti Heckingbottom comments. Have even seen him blamed for us not signing Efe ffs.

Im sure everyone would be delighted with a Hibs win, but it will be conflicting with some in regards to Heckingbottom as they simply dont like the guy. And a lot of people just hate to be proven wrong.

Well from that perspective I totally agree with you. He's the latest object of dislike, so it's his fault for everything. I tend to ignore stuff which doesn't stick to what the thread is about too. But at the end of the day, the performances just haven't been good enough so far, and the player budget, as far as I'm aware, is pretty well all used up. It's still relatively early into the season but it's worrying that these new signings have all been given 2/3 year contracts, and we need, somehow, to pick up our performances or it could start costing the club money as many fans will just stop going if the product on the park isn't working. You do make some valid points though.

Brightside
12-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Im feeling very confident. Buzzing for the weekend.

Since452
12-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Excited

lyonhibs
12-09-2019, 05:10 PM

What absolute slavers. Lennon left us in 8th place ffs. Oddly enough, chest thumping and a few nifty soundbites about ambition etc translated to **** all in the end.

Since452
12-09-2019, 05:42 PM
What absolute slavers. Lennon left us in 8th place ffs. Oddly enough, chest thumping and a few nifty soundbites about ambition etc translated to **** all in the end.

And he was backed to the hilt. Scary turnover of players on his watch

Wilson
12-09-2019, 05:52 PM

Folk calling for more time have written off the end of last season. Discounted poor performances in the early cup games, and decided that we haven't given PH enough time this season. Who will be proven wrong after one win? :wink:

One Day Soon
12-09-2019, 06:40 PM

If, as appears to be the case at the moment, the choice is 8th place or thereabouts with or without chest thumping and a few nifty soundbites translating to **** all in the end then I'd prefer my underperformance with the passion please.

One Day Soon
12-09-2019, 06:40 PM

Concerned.

Nicho87
12-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Hecky still out for me.

DTS
12-09-2019, 07:16 PM
If he gets his team selection correct and the new players have the desired impact as well as welcoming back a few injuries I think we could hopefully turn a leaf at the weekend. Fully wanted him gone after Motherwell but the breaks calmed emotions and hopefully a good result sets us off, if it’s another poor result then I really think he’s struggling and then the derby because do or die entirely.

What I think we’ll see is 4-2-3-1

Marciano
Naismith
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi.

What I’d like to see is 3-5-2

Marciano

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Vela
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge/shaw
Kamberi

If he is going to go 4-2-3-1 I’d like to see fraser Murray start for either Middleton or Horgan

Glory Lurker
12-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Still :sofa:

calumhibee1
12-09-2019, 07:53 PM
If he gets his team selection correct and the new players have the desired impact as well as welcoming back a few injuries I think we could hopefully turn a leaf at the weekend. Fully wanted him gone after Motherwell but the breaks calmed emotions and hopefully a good result sets us off, if it’s another poor result then I really think he’s struggling and then the derby because do or die entirely.

What I think we’ll see is 4-2-3-1

Marciano
Naismith
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi.

What I’d like to see is 3-5-2

Marciano

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Vela
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge/shaw
Kamberi

If he is going to go 4-2-3-1 I’d like to see fraser Murray start for either Middleton or Horgan

The point about new players is interesting. If we presume Hallberg is going to get given a go we could be looking at 2 new signings in him and Naismith and Porto who will be making his first competitive appearance under PH so is like a new signing for him. I’m fairly confident Naismith will be a solid signing, we know how good Porto is.. it Hallberg ends up pretty decent then it could make a huge difference having the 3 of them.

houstonhibbee
12-09-2019, 09:13 PM
If, as appears to be the case at the moment, the choice is 8th place or thereabouts with or without chest thumping and a few nifty soundbites translating to **** all in the end then I'd prefer my underperformance with the passion please.

Passion and some exciting football to watch at times