PDA

View Full Version : Rocky

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 09:25 PM
I was just watching the highlights there, was Rocky in goals for Israel tonight?

mayo hibee
09-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Yes, beaten three times but not really at fault, made a couple of decent saves also.

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Yes, beaten three times but not really at fault, made a couple of decent saves also.
Cheers I thought it was him.

Hermit Crab
10-09-2019, 12:05 AM
He has conceded what? 11 goals in 4 league games, not helped by a crap defence in front him but at least 5 of them he was at fault for. Israel must be toiling for keepers.

HoboHarry
10-09-2019, 02:50 AM
He has conceded what? 11 goals in 4 league games, not helped by a crap defence in front him but at least 5 of them he was at fault for. Israel must be toiling for keepers.

FFS stop being a bore.

MWHIBBIES
10-09-2019, 07:07 AM

Poor patch of form but been an excellent player for Hibs for 3 years. Although you know that, you just couldn't resist taking shots at a Hibs player

Brightside
10-09-2019, 07:09 AM

You must be into S&M.

Since452
10-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Poor patch of form but been an excellent player for Hibs for 3 years. Although you know that, you just couldn't resist taking shots at a Hibs player

Rocky has been good for the majority of his time at Hibs but i agree with HC to an extent. He needs dropped. Beaten far too easily against Motherwell and his distribution seems to have got worse

bigwheel
10-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Rocky has been good for the majority of his time at Hibs but i agree with HC tonan extent. He needs dropped. Beaten far too easily against Motherwell and his distribution seems to have got worse

I have to say I have seen nothing from
Maxwell that suggests he is better than even an off form Rocky..I’d trust him to find form again

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2019, 07:16 AM
Agree regarding Maxwell, didn't look great versus Morton.

Saw one goal on catch up last night, and seemed Rocky was flat footed, however, he is the best we have, still wish we had Bogdan as decent cover though.

Smartie
10-09-2019, 08:24 AM
When you have a player of Rocky's unquestionable quality, I'd rather let him try to play his way out of a wobbly patch of form rather than drop him straight away.

Maxwell also looked a bit wobbly in the Morton game and I'm convinced the majority of our problems originate further forward.

we are hibs
10-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Ironic considering your constant digs at David Gray.

MWHIBBIES
10-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Ironic considering your constant digs at David Gray.

Its not ironic. David Gray hasn't been anything near as good as Rocky has in the last 3 years. I like Gray a lot but he is a good player with massive injury issues and been prone to silly mistakes the last 3 years. He was brilliant when fit last season, I have no problem admitting that.

My digs at him certainly aren't constant.

my left peg
10-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Marciano is at his best when he has someone pushing him for the gloves,he had an upturn in form when Scott Bain was briefly at Easter road,and again he was outstanding at times when Bogdan was on the bench.
His distribution has always been awful though,funnily enough the goalie with the best distribution we have had recently is Oxley.....just not very good at keeping the ball out of the net!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dangermouse
10-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Marciano is at his best when he has someone pushing him for the gloves,he had an upturn in form when Scott Bain was briefly at Easter road,and again he was outstanding at times when Bogdan was on the bench.
His distribution has always been awful though,funnily enough the goalie with the best distribution we have had recently is Oxley.....just not very good at keeping the ball out of the net!

Did Bain actually feature in a matchday squad? I thought he had moved to Celtic just after the ink dried on his load deal to Hibs.

ekhibee
10-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Its not ironic. David Gray hasn't been anything near as good as Rocky has in the last 3 years. I like Gray a lot but he is a good player with massive injury issues and been prone to silly mistakes the last 3 years. He was brilliant when fit last season, I have no problem admitting that.

My digs at him certainly aren't constant.

So you're saying he hasn't been as good as Rocky because he's had plenty of injury problems?

Iggy Pope
10-09-2019, 12:25 PM

Maxwell has the distribution bit I think.

Peevemor
10-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Did Bain actually feature in a matchday squad? I thought he had moved to Celtic just after the ink dried on his load deal to Hibs.

Unused sub twice.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=8146

Pedantic_Hibee
10-09-2019, 12:27 PM

If you don’t have anything nice to say...

Iggy Pope
10-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Imagine being a good Hibby and the world thinks you are a Hearts ****.
I couldn’t live with the shame.

MWHIBBIES
10-09-2019, 12:29 PM
So you're saying he hasn't been as good as Rocky because he's had plenty of injury problems?

Well, and because he isn't as good a player. Rocky at his best is exceptional, better at his job than almost everyone in the league.

dangermouse
10-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Unused sub twice.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=8146

Thanks for that.

1 8 7 5
10-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Cant see anything contentious here. Reasonable post imo

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Well, and because he isn't as good a player. Rocky at his best is exceptional, better at his job than almost everyone in the league.

The problem is we hardly ever get to see this. He was outstanding towards the end of last season but didn’t have the gloves for a good while and he wasn’t missed last season. This season he’s been poor all round.

BILLYHIBS
10-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Cant see anything contentious here. Reasonable post imo

:agree:

Lies damn lies and facts

As another poster said time from for Rocky to be dropped

Then again Middleton hardly inspires confidence

Rockys confidence may have gotten a lift from his international call up

If anything sad to say his distribution has got worse this season after showing improvement last season :confused:

The 90+2
10-09-2019, 01:23 PM
:agree:

Lies damn lies and facts

As another poster said time from for Rocky to be dropped

Then again Middleton hardly inspires confidence

Rockys confidence may have gotten a lift from his international call up

If anything sad to say his distribution has got worse this season after showing improvement last season :confused:

I said it before he kicks out like Ryan McGivern.

Since452
10-09-2019, 01:29 PM

Completely agree. Bogdan pushed Rocky to the next level last season. People were comparing him to Goram/Leighton his performances were so high. Think he's probably gone back to his normal level now. Really think some time out the side might give him a kick up the arse again.

Oxleys distribution was so good he scored!

cabbageandribs1875
10-09-2019, 01:33 PM
hopefully rocky signs a further extension :agree:

BILLYHIBS
10-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Another great white hope and I am just not talking about his hair :greengrin

In the modern game goalkeepers have got to be decent footballers especially at international level

I was very impressed with the distribution of the Northern Irish goalkeeper last night

Rocky is fifty pence feet either boots it out of play or straight to an opposition player he did it against St Johnstone which put us under unnecessary pressure and also when he came charging out of his box took his eye off the ball and collided with OHalloran OK a yellow but could easily have been red

Easily beaten once again at his near post by OHalloran

I also noticed Adam Bogdan was an interested spectator that day

1 8 7 5
10-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Oooft! Even reading that name makes my blood boil. :grr: