PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd

AugustaHibs
09-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Get him involved at the SFA. Guy is passionate and knows exactly what he’s talking about.

hfc rd
09-09-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m gutted I missed that rant as switched it off as soon as the FT whistle went.

Anyone got a link to it?

WeeRussell
09-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Get him involved at the SFA. Guy is passionate and knows exactly what he’s talking about.

😂 steady on.

The Harp Awakes
09-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Canny say I've got much time for Boydy but good to see someone refusing to accept the p1sh the national team has become.

madabouthibs
09-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Never thought I'd see myself nodding in agreement with Kris Boyd. 👌👏👏👏

Mantis Toboggan
09-09-2019, 09:21 PM

Agree on passionate. Not so much on the rest

Shrekko
09-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Anyone can have an inarticulate rant- it’s shooting fish in a barrel.

Did he come up with any solutions apart from using the word ‘template’ 4 or 5 times?

We have many problems but doubt he’d help solve them. He couldn’t care less - just wants to spout off.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2019, 09:40 PM

So passionate he refused to play for his country a few years ago?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Spoke a lot of sense. What's the point of pretending about how bad we are?

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Anyone can have an inarticulate rant- it’s shooting fish in a barrel.

Did he come up with any solutions apart from using the word ‘template’ 4 or 5 times?

We have many problems but doubt he’d help solve them. He couldn’t care less - just wants to spout off.
He did seem to identify the problem of cost to parents of getting kids to a level where clubs would pick them up. From a personal point of view I know how much these things cost. Just the cost of getting to games can be a deal breaker for some. My daughter is involved in the hibs academy and there’s a monthly direct debit and then there’s the cost of getting to games. Home games are at the HTC which isn’t exactly local for a lot of people. I can afford it, but many young boys and girls parents won’t be able to, that means that our talent pool is reduced. How many of our greatest players came from a really poor background? School football isn’t what it used to be, so if you can’t afford it you’re not playing.

munchar
09-09-2019, 10:11 PM
He did seem to identify the problem of cost to parents of getting kids to a level where clubs would pick them up. From a personal point of view I know how much these things cost. Just the cost of getting to games can be a deal breaker for some. My daughter is involved in the hibs academy and there’s a monthly direct debit and then there’s the cost of getting to games. Home games are at the HTC which isn’t exactly local for a lot of people. I can afford it, but many young boys and girls parents won’t be able to, that means that our talent pool is reduced. How many of our greatest players came from a really poor background? School football isn’t what it used to be, so if you can’t afford it you’re not playing.

So Hibs pick your girl up, & you have to pay to be there?

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
So passionate he refused to play for his country a few years ago?
Our current manager was picked for a squad and admitted he didn’t even know we were playing. We can’t afford to be choosy if we want to sort the problems we have. He even touched on the old firm, but didn’t want to elaborate on it on tv, but I reckon he knows what the problem is. I wouldn’t want to rely on Boyd to run the show, but he’s like a less articulate Micheal Stewart, and being articulate isn’t everything if you know what you’re talking about. We need people to go in and force change through. Scotland has a massive football supporting culture with a passion for the game that is more than a match for a hell of a lot the countries we consistently lose to. How can such a football mad country get it so wrong? The answer is a criminal administration of our game.

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 10:23 PM
So Hibs pick your girl up, & you have to pay to be there?
Yes, it’s the community foundation rather than Hibs themselves, but it’s the same for every child in the country. To be fair on the community foundation their fees are less than most boys or girls clubs.

Hibee2
09-09-2019, 10:35 PM

Spot on, totally agree with this.

Paul1642
09-09-2019, 11:01 PM
Could do with a younger version of him on the pitch right now 😂

Shrekko
09-09-2019, 11:58 PM

Aye he identified what he saw as problems but neglected to say what the answers were.

I know parents who have kids playing team football and all about the costs etc which is terrible really but I don’t think Boyd’s inverted snobbery about it becoming a ‘middle class game’ was particularly helpful.

lord bunberry
10-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Aye he identified what he saw as problems but neglected to say what the answers were.

I know parents who have kids playing team football and all about the costs etc which is terrible really but I don’t think Boyd’s inverted snobbery about it becoming a ‘middle class game’ was particularly helpful.
You’re right it wasn’t helpful and it was also incorrect, it hasn’t become a middle class game, but it is starting to separate the haves from the have nots.

neil7908
10-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Agree on passionate. Not so much on the rest

Exactly. He's a tube who has already turned his back on the national team as a player. Apart from ranting on telly what are his qualifications? Given his Sevco affiliations would you trust me him to be impartial?

Cataplana
10-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Boyd has never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box. He has come out with some cringeworthy stuff in the press, in the past, particularly about Rangers.

Since452
10-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Boyd is trying to forge a career as a pundit so being controversial is probably just a tactic. He wasn't concerned about the national team when he turned his back on them under George Burley

PeeKay
10-09-2019, 08:28 AM
It's indicative of the parlous state of Scottish football if we think Kris Boyd is the answer to our problems.

Mr_F
10-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Has a cheek to pipe up when you see what he charges for his “Academy” 🙄

Phil MaGlass
10-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Boyd is a f,n tool that turned his back on his country @#₩¥ him, should be nowhere near a pundit seat, ********. He was part of our problem.

Jones28
10-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Has a cheek to pipe up when you see what he charges for his “Academy” 🙄

£75 for a full week, and he then goes on about the costs of football for kids? Eedjit

Mr_F
10-09-2019, 10:06 AM
£75 for a full week, and he then goes on about the costs of football for kids? Eedjit

:agree:

He's bang on with everything he said but then is one charging ridiculous amounts.

In his defence, maybe that's the cost of hiring the venue/s etc that has pushed prices up?!

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2019, 11:37 AM
What are his thoughts on Brexit?

hibbydog
10-09-2019, 11:52 AM

A hundered times no.

His 'passion' for Scotland has come 10 years too late. We really could have done with a man of his talents when he decided he couldnt be bothered to play for Scotland. I find it a bit sordid and hypocritcal that he's now paid to go on telly an have an inarticulate rant about the state of our national team.

Too many of these pundits blatantly mouth off to be contraversial, to improve viewing figures, to please the producers, to get more work on telly...etc He's just another Chris Sutton in that regard.

Totally lacks credibility in my eyes.

Beefster
10-09-2019, 11:53 AM

He’s a rabid Brexiteer. You can tell just by looking at him.

Jones28
10-09-2019, 12:47 PM

He's bang on with everything he said but then is one charging ridiculous amounts.

In his defence, maybe that's the cost of hiring the venue/s etc that has pushed prices up?!

Yep, maybe these are costs he’s having to cover, so do we need to go further up the food chain to resolve the issues?

Are facilities like these better off in government hands where profits go into improvement or further subsidies to make it cheaper still for users?

JXM73
10-09-2019, 01:05 PM

If you brexit you better fixit

Unseen work
10-09-2019, 01:39 PM
He speaks ok but it’s hardly earth shattering stuff or anything we’ve no heard before.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say we are producing good quality players

Robertson - CL winner
Tierney - How many has he won at Celtic and now at Arsenal?
McGinn - Likely to be subject of a huge bid in January
McLean - Promoted and now starring for Norwich
Fraser - Most assists last year in PL and unlucky not to get a big summer move
Forrest - Outstanding for Celtic and has been for years
Mcgregor - Same as Forrest
McTominay - Starting for Man Utd

We have enough quality to do better than we’re currently doing, look at Northern Ireland and what they achieved. We need to get a proper team mentality and group together which I think Clarke will manage to impose.

Players also need to massively step up as they underperform for us.

Re his academy - £75 for a week isn’t unreasonable imo for a summer/October camp. Considering the kids will be there from about 8/9-5 every day

J-C
10-09-2019, 02:37 PM
He speaks ok but it’s hardly earth shattering stuff or anything we’ve no heard before.

Robertson - CL winner

We have enough quality to do better than we’re currently doing, look at Northern Ireland and what they achieved. We need to get a proper team mentality and group together which I think Clarke will manage to impose.

Re his academy - £75 for a week isn’t unreasonable imo for a summer/October camp. Considering the kids will be there from about 8/9-5 every day

Why then if we have these decent quality players are they so p ish when they put on a Scotland top.

Tomsk
10-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Robertson - CL winner

The key bit is in bold. Most of those guys you mentioned, including the undoubtedly talented Robertson, haven't kicked a ball for Scotland.

But even if they were playing well Scotland is still well short in two massive areas - goalscoring and centre-back.

PISTOL1875
10-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Honestly , a lot of people on here are children.. Boyd was bang on in his comments last night ans we people on here banging on about something that happened 10 years or so ago...

The national team is on its knees , an all time low and people are crying over something that happened years ago..

Build a bridge...

theonlywayisup
10-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Honestly , a lot of people on here are children.. Boyd was bang on in his comments last night ans we people on here banging on about something that happened 10 years or so ago...

The national team is on its knees , an all time low and people are crying over something that happened years ago..

Build a bridge...

Honestly, I couldn't care whether people think Boyd's rant was incoherent, hypocritical or condescending. I couldn't care if people think he's a fat hun or has turned his back on Scottish Football in the past. All I want is the Scotland National Team to get back to what I saw in the 70s and 80s.

I applaud the fact that someone is 'ranting' with such passion. I don't see anyone else saying anything similar to his 'rant' on Monday night. Something has to be done about the sad decline of Scottish Football that we've experienced since the early 90s. The answer is not Kris Boyd, but at least he's trying to stir things up.