PDA

View Full Version : Derby Ticket Help

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 05:35 PM
As I’m currently in Scotland, I thought I would treat (torture) my wife and I by attending the derby. I’m on the database courtesy of the fact I ordered some hospitality tickets for the Livi game in December, 2018. I was also able to purchase tickets for the Morton game a few weeks ago. However, when I attempt to buy a pair of tickets for the derby, I get the message, “unfortunately, one or more items in your basket is assigned to a newly registered client, which is not allowed “.

Is there any way around this or am I screwed?

Hermit Crab
09-09-2019, 05:45 PM
As I’m currently in Scotland, I thought I would treat (torture) my wife and I by attending the derby. I’m on the database courtesy of the fact I ordered some hospitality tickets for the Livi game in December, 2018. I was also able to purchase tickets for the Morton game a few weeks ago. However, when I attempt to buy a pair of tickets for the derby, I get the message, “unfortunately, one or more items in your basket is assigned to a newly registered client, which is not allowed “.

Is there any way around this or am I screwed?

Try assigning both to yourself?

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Try assigning both to yourself?

I did. I suspect that because I only got onto the database in December 2018, they view me as someone too new to qualify for category A.

Hermit Crab
09-09-2019, 05:55 PM
I did. I suspect that because I only got onto the database in December 2018, they view me as someone too new to qualify for category A.

Sure you had to be registered by August 2018. Maybe someone on here will buy them for you?

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Sure you had to be registered by August 2018. Maybe someone on here will buy them for you?

I can probably get my half-brother to get them for me. It does seem a bit harsh that I’m banned from buying them myself, but I suppose all systems are open to abuse and Hibs are just protecting themselves.

Hermit Crab
09-09-2019, 06:06 PM
I can probably get my half-brother to get them for me. It does seem a bit harsh that I’m banned from buying them myself, but I suppose all systems are open to abuse and Hibs are just protecting themselves.

We've had the database for 15 years? Maybe thats wrong but I see that as plenty time to get on it and get a client reference number. (not meant as a dig at you).

Is to partly to prevent opposing fans getting tickets in our end as has been the case v the OF in recent years.

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 06:09 PM
We've had the database for 15 years? Maybe thats wrong but I see that as plenty time to get on it and get a client reference number. (not meant as a dig at you).

Is to partly to prevent opposing fans getting tickets in our end as has been the case v the OF in recent years.

I’m on the database, but I only registered in December 2018 which was the first time I was back in Scotland since 2000.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
I’m on the database, but I only registered in December 2018 which was the first time I was back in Scotland since 2000.

Have you been into see the TO about it?
Alternatively send them an email, see what they say

tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Will do. Thanks.

HFC_NYC
09-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Will do. Thanks.

HFC_NYC
10-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Just been down to the ticket office and was promptly knocked back due to the fact that I’ve only been on the database for 9 months. I’m not sure when I’m going to be back in Scotland so I thought I would try to get in one more game before I leave at the end of this month. I was ready to hand over £95 for the two tickets, but they just wouldn’t accept my money.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Just been down to the ticket office and was promptly knocked back due to the fact that I’ve only been on the database for 9 months. I’m not sure when I’m going to be back in Scotland so I thought I would try to get in one more game before I leave at the end of this month. I was ready to hand over £95 for the two tickets, but they just wouldn’t accept my money.

That’s ridiculous, I understand why they are cautious but the fact you can prove where you live and are on the database for eight months should be enough. Typical Hibs bleeding useless on anything to do with fans/tickets/entry.

lyonhibs
10-09-2019, 12:22 PM

What a set of lunatics running the asylum Hibs sometimes is.

SiinDubai
10-09-2019, 12:38 PM
How long do you have to be on the database before being able to buy tickets ?

HFC_NYC
10-09-2019, 12:45 PM
How long do you have to be on the database before being able to buy tickets ?

The girl told me you had to be on it for 12 months to purchase Cat A tickets.

Iggy Pope
10-09-2019, 12:45 PM

This sounds like one for a Fans Rep if ever there was one.

1 8 7 5
10-09-2019, 01:07 PM

Completely agree.

Seems like nae common sense at times at Hibs... We must be very well off to turn away hard cash!

Scottie
10-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Surprised they didn't try and gub you to pay for a season ticket to guarantee your Derby ticket :rolleyes: Hope you get your tickets in the end somehow pal :aok:

Humo
10-09-2019, 01:58 PM

A fans rep sounds like a great idea! Any idea how we could go about getting one?

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2019, 02:05 PM
A fans rep sounds like a great idea! Any idea how we could go about getting one?

Yes speak to Kieran Power!

And now he’s sorted it, makes your smart erse comment look silly.

ben johnson
10-09-2019, 07:18 PM
Completely agree.

Seems like nae common sense at times at Hibs... We must be very well off to turn away hard cash!

I would imagine they are prohibited selling the tickets by the police who drew up the guidelines for all aspects of what the police term Cat A games
The police have a Sops document ( Standard Operational Procedure ) and it’s page after page that covers every aspect of Cat A games.
I’m not an expert but I can’t see any other explanation for the ludicrous rule

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2019, 07:22 PM
I would imagine they are prohibited selling the tickets by the police who drew up the guidelines for all aspects of what the police term Cat A games
The police have a Sops document ( Standard Operational Procedure ) and it’s page after page that covers every aspect of Cat A games.
I’m not an expert but I can’t see any other explanation for the ludicrous rule

I bet they wouldn’t turn his money down if he wanted to buy a hospitality package!

Power
10-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Cheers for flagging, one for me to pick up and sort ✅

I understand the policy but each ticket purchasing situation should be given individual assessment.

Are you guaranteeing your wife 3 points and a barry time HFC_NYC? (PM sent)

HFC_NYC
10-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Cheers for flagging, one for me to pick up and sort ✅

I understand the policy but each ticket purchasing situation should be given individual assessment.

Are you guaranteeing your wife 3 points and a barry time HFC_NYC? (PM sent)

Many thanks. I've replied to your PM.

If I was able to guarantee 3 points every time Hibs played, I would fly back to Scotland every week.

Power
10-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Many thanks. I've replied to your PM.

If I was able to guarantee 3 points every time Hibs played, I would fly back to Scotland every week.

I’ve no doubt.

Hope your wife enjoys the game/atmosphere/win.

Iggy Pope
10-09-2019, 08:43 PM
I’ve no doubt.

Hope your wife enjoys the game/atmosphere/win.

Well done if you’ve helped this fellah as it seems you have.

HFC_NYC
10-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Well done if you’ve helped this fellah as it seems you have.

He certainly did. Top lad!!!

Iggy Pope
10-09-2019, 08:51 PM
He certainly did. Top lad!!!

I hope you’re going to Kilmarnock too seeing as you’re back here in old Scotland......:wink:

lyonhibs
11-09-2019, 05:42 AM

You silly bugger. Top effort from Kieran.