PDA

View Full Version : Hudl App and the changing face of football

LustForLeith
08-09-2019, 08:12 AM
I stumbled upon this article on the BBC and I found it quite interesting. It details the role of technology such as the Hudl app in football and how it can help teams and players, especially in the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49521158

It also points out that there’s things that AI won’t suggest, such as Kompanys peach of a goal that set City in the way to the title last season.

I’m quite fascinated by things like technology or things like Moneyball being used to give an edge. This could be interesting how it developed and I’m wondering what Hibs use.

CallumLaidlaw
08-09-2019, 08:15 AM
From a previous visit at HTC, all players are given a compilation of their clips from each game, and they are able to access them on the mobiles etc. Maybe not quite as quick as City are able to provide them but certainly at some point after each match. This is the job of Calvin and he even provides video analysis for the manager at half time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmas
09-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Also quite heavy on GPS use I believe (since Lenny left) so be access to data such as speed distance and location on the pitch

Hold a big interest in the use of technology and data in the modern game myself very much not an expert in either just enjoy reading about it, I think we could steal a march on a lot of teams in our league if we where to invest heavily in it, probably be all kinds of hell let loose on here by not investing in the squad initially though be a tough one to balance

Golden Bear
09-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Also quite heavy on GPS use I believe (since Lenny left) so be access to data such as speed distance and location on the pitch

Hold a big interest in the use of technology and data in the modern game myself very much not an expert in either just enjoy reading about it, I think we could steal a march on a lot of teams in our league if we where to invest heavily in it, probably be all kinds of hell let loose on here by not investing in the squad initially though be a tough one to balance

Yes, I've often wondered where our players disappear to during the course of a game.

A GPS device will be no bad thing for us fans as well as the coaches.