PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: KIRSTEN REILLY UPDATE

RSS Bot
07-09-2019, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10276)

Brightside
07-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Good for her. Poor for hibs. Scottish game going backwards for both sexes now.

GreenPJ
07-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Where is she going?

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2019, 04:07 PM
could we not have found a photo of her playing against one of the bigger clubs in scotland, like glasgow city, or ermm, hibs U23's

:)

Saturday Boy
07-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Where is she going?

Pro contract down south. Her new club will announce her in the next few days.

theonlywayisup
07-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Life long Hibee - well done Kristen, all the best for the future.

Lago
07-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately your right, at all levels.

bigwheel
07-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Fantastic that these girls are getting to make a career out of football - Hibs should be proud of giving them the development and the stage ..

GreenCastle
07-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Where is she going?

Bristol

Onceinawhile
07-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Disagree. Scottish women's football is moving forward, just not as fast as women's football in England.

We can't get 30k for a Derby in Edinburgh, but they got that for a Derby in Manchester for women. When you have 100 times the fans, you can pay more.

Centre Hawf
08-09-2019, 07:08 AM
I think we've done very well in a short space of time but we're running the risk of being left behind now once again if we're not careful. Always felt that the SFA should be subsidising some sides best players weekly wages to go part-time at clubs so they can protect themselves against losing them for nothing.

At the moment we're in a cycle of producing groups of young women who are promising footballers that England appear to look at as great risk free signings as they can pick them up for free and the league isn't benefiting from that cycle.

GreenCastle
08-09-2019, 08:18 AM
I think we've done very well in a short space of time but we're running the risk of being left behind now once again if we're not careful. Always felt that the SFA should be subsidising some sides best players weekly wages to go part-time at clubs so they can protect themselves against losing them for nothing.

At the moment we're in a cycle of producing groups of young women who are promising footballers that England appear to look at as great risk free signings as they can pick them up for free and the league isn't benefiting from that cycle.

The Scottish league is already left behind.

The national team will probably be ok as they have players testing themselves all over the place with a variety of coaching.

The Scottish league is a feeding ground for other teams.

bigwheel
08-09-2019, 08:30 AM

The national team will probably be ok as they have players testing themselves all over the place with a variety of coaching.

I think that is fine. If we can help girls develop and find a professional career in the game - for now, without any funding - that is an amazing contribution.....

Centre Hawf
08-09-2019, 08:37 AM

I think that is fine. If we can help girls develop and find a professional career in the game - for now, without any funding - that is an amazing contribution.....

How long does that last till everyone else's leagues goes ahead of ours and then England starts shopping there instead?

If the English game continues to rapidly develop at a higher rate than ours then anyone that can stay within touching distance will become the preferred market because the jump in quality will be more manageable.

We could effectively become too low a level for them to even pinch players for free because the time it may take to get these players ready for the English game would be too great. The game can't be allowed to stand still at such a crucial time in women's football and we can't just be happy with the current results but instead use them to strive for more

bigwheel
08-09-2019, 08:40 AM
How long does that last till everyone else's leagues goes ahead of ours and then England starts shopping there instead?

If the English game continues to rapidly develop at a higher rate than ours then anyone that can stay within touching distance will become the preferred market because the jump in quality will be more manageable.

We could effectively become too low a level for them to even pinch players for free because the time it may take to get these players ready for the English game would be too great. The game can't be allowed to stand still at such a crucial time in women's football and we can't just be happy with the current results but instead use them to strive for more

We are already there ....money counts I’m afraid - I suspect rangers and Celtic may end up with pro teams - can’t see any others ....

Tbh. Don’t think it’s a big issue - as long as the girls are developing and have a career path for the top players - not too much different from the men’s game ....

GreenCastle
08-09-2019, 08:46 AM

It’s not the worst thing but there needs to be something set up to compensate for the training hours and effort put in to develop these players but how hat money is used is another discussion as some seem to give expenses which isn’t long term planning.

GreenCastle
08-09-2019, 08:49 AM

What I don’t want to see is Scotland’s women’s league going similar direction to the men’s and making same mistakes...which right now it’s drifting towards as the Old Firm invest more.

The Scottish league can still be competitive if it gets more support. It can’t compete directly with England but have a league that’s still good enough to grow over time. The lack of funds means coaches are mostly voluntary and players are amateurs and clubs don’t get much back for the effort they put in.

bigwheel
08-09-2019, 09:00 AM
It’s not the worst thing but there needs to be something set up to compensate for the training hours and effort put in to develop these players but how hat money is used is another discussion as some seem to give expenses which isn’t long term planning.

Yeah. Good point ...some compensation for the good development is a fair solution [emoji106]

Centre Hawf
08-09-2019, 09:11 AM
What I don’t want to see is Scotland’s women’s league going similar direction to the men’s and making same mistakes...which right now it’s drifting towards as the Old Firm invest more.

The Scottish league can still be competitive if it gets more support. It can’t compete directly with England but have a league that’s still good enough to grow over time. The lack of funds means coaches are mostly voluntary and players are amateurs and clubs don’t get much back for the effort they put in.

Yeah. Good point ...some compensation for the good development is a fair solution [emoji106]

I think this is my main point. We have volunteer coaches and amateur players and while we've done well with that so far we'll be far behind the world in 10 years time if it stays that way and by then it'll be almost far too late to recover to even get ourselves onto a level where we can compete.

If we don't start protecting the clubs from losing players for nothing after having put years of training into it then the game cannot grow to any level whatsoever without outside investment, and as someone has said only the Old Firm and probably Glasgow City will be able to do that.

I don't think we'll ever have a situation where Glasgow City or Celtic lift the Women's European Cup but if we want to continue to have teams in the knockout stages of it in 2030 then planning needs to start now to ensure that.

If even we can make some players Part-time then we can perhaps get in a place where our best players who make the move can pocket someone like Hibs or Celtic a couple of thousand pounds that can be reinvested in coaching.

Brightside
08-09-2019, 09:34 AM

You won’t get the fans in if the best players have already left. City v Utd was actually a good game of football to watch. If we can’t keel the better players up here the game will struggle to sell and build. These girls that are leaving aren’t going for big money. Most of the pro contracts are expenses only outside the top 4. Hibs v Spartans today will be lucky to have 100 people watching.

Hibs90
08-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Just me that thinks its a bit crap of her to leave a few days before the big Champions League game? What would another few days have done?

Brightside
08-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Rangers now signing loads of players. Hibs are really going backwards. 2 ex players come back to Scotland and neither come back to Hibs. Both would have improved our side hugely.

GreenCastle
08-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Rangers now signing loads of players. Hibs are really going backwards. 2 ex players come back to Scotland and neither come back to Hibs. Both would have improved our side hugely.

The timing of Reilly leaving is odd before Champs League?

Also odd players coming back and not resigning for Hibs?

bigwheel
08-09-2019, 12:22 PM
You won’t get the fans in if the best players have already left. City v Utd was actually a good game of football to watch. If we can’t keel the better players up here the game will struggle to sell and build. These girls that are leaving aren’t going for big money. Most of the pro contracts are expenses only outside the top 4. Hibs v Spartans today will be lucky to have 100 people watching.

Yeah. I hear you - but I see it as it is in Scotland - largely a community side ....great to see the girls develop though ....credit to the set up and the coaches ...

Malthibby
08-09-2019, 02:27 PM

Yup. The women's game will begin going backwards in Scotland without decent investment. We need to decide that it's worth it.
GG

Eyrie
08-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Yup. The women's game will begin going backwards in Scotland without decent investment. We need to decide that it's worth it.
GG

The opportunity is there for Hibs at the moment because we're the second best side in Scotland and that's something that can be maintained with some support. For example, it should be part of the remit for the new marketing positions being recruited that they help find sponsorship for our ladies team.

Without the support, the women's game will end up resembling the men's game with Celtc and Sevco spending what for them is loose change to dominate. They'll probably be part time, losing their best players to full time football down south but still able to cherry pick from the other clubs (like us) who will all be amateur. Not sure how Glasgow City will be able to cope as a stand alone club.

CMurdoch
08-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Money is ultimately king.

The best players will go where it is best for them be be. That can be for money, a job or even free accomodation and expenses.
At the moment it will cost the players money to play at most Scottish clubs.
In Scotland Hibs have been ahead of the curve but the uglies and Hearts have decided to throw a few quid at it now and the balance of power will quickly change.

Brightside
08-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Rangers have just signed 2 players from France. £7k a year contract, food and accommodation.

flash
08-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Rangers have just signed 2 players from France. £7k a year contract, food and accommodation.

They will need that food on those wages.

bigwheel
08-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Tbh. Not much different from what we offer some young kids for their first pro contract it’s our men’s team ...

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2019, 07:00 PM
24,564 at their first women's super league match at stamford bridge Chelsea v spurs

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says the pressure is on the Women's Super League to capitalise on nearly 63,000 people attending the weekend's opening games.

Manchester City saw a WSL-record crowd of 31,213 attend Saturday's win over Manchester United at Etihad Stadium, while 24,564 watched Chelsea beat Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Last season's average attendance in the league was 833.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2019, 08:42 PM
that was a crackin goal ex-hibernian ladies player caroline weir scored against man utd yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49533282

ahibby
08-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Fantastic that these girls are getting to make a career out of football - Hibs should be proud of giving them the development and the stage ..

And we should be pwoud of Hibs.

B.H.F.C
08-09-2019, 08:54 PM
24,564 at their first women's super league match at stamford bridge Chelsea v spurs

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says the pressure is on the Women's Super League to capitalise on nearly 63,000 people attending the weekend's opening games.

Manchester City saw a WSL-record crowd of 31,213 attend Saturday's win over Manchester United at Etihad Stadium, while 24,564 watched Chelsea beat Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Last season's average attendance in the league was 833.

Big crowd for Chelsea today but they let everybody in for free and had a whole lot of events on around it as well.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2019, 09:02 PM
And we should be pwoud of Hibs.

indeed, just a pity we didn't have several add-ons for her :greengrin instead of Nowt

Big crowd for Chelsea today but they let everybody in for free and had a whole lot of events on around it as well.

aah, the article didn't mention that, but still a great crowd, they were expecting to beat yesterdays 31k at the etihad with a full house 41k at stamford bridge

B.H.F.C
08-09-2019, 09:04 PM
aah, the article didn't mention that, but still a great crowd, they were expecting to beat yesterdays 31k at the etihad with a full house 41k at stamford bridge

All the tickets were gone, 15k didn’t turn up though.

RoYO!
08-09-2019, 09:05 PM
that was a crackin goal ex-hibernian ladies player caroline weir scored against man utd yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49533282

Anyone who is interested in football should take a look at those highlights. Excellent stuff. And superb strike for the goal.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Anyone who is interested in football should take a look at those highlights. Excellent stuff. And superb strike for the goal.

and nice hearing wee pat nevin summarising again, i've been wondering what he's up to nowadays, hope his laddie(s)? still go to ER

Itsnoteasy
09-09-2019, 07:20 AM

£134 a week 🙄

Keith_M
09-09-2019, 07:30 AM

I'm presuming they're part-time, so will have another job. The same as a lot of male players in Scotland.

When they start getting decent crowds at games (games where people actually have to pay for tickets) and get a TV contract, then they might offer full-time contracts

Sadly, I can see it going the way of the men's game, with the rich club's picking up the best talent and the traditional clubs just disappearing.

Brightside
09-09-2019, 07:51 AM
I'm presuming they're part-time, so will have another job. The same as a lot of male players in Scotland.

When they start getting decent crowds at games (games where people actually have to pay for tickets) and get a TV contract, then they might offer full-time contracts

Sadly, I can see it going the way of the men's game, with the rich club's picking up the best talent and the traditional clubs just disappearing.
20hr contracts. It may only be 7k but it’s 7k more than any Hibs player gets. Rangers are also building a indoor arena at the training centre (ring any bells). Their women’s team are going to be based there for all training and games. As will the men’s reserves. I think in the next 2/3 year Celtic and Rangers will take over at the top. It’s a shame as there was a real opportunity for Hibs.

bingo70
09-09-2019, 08:00 AM
20hr contracts. It may only be 7k but it’s 7k more than any Hibs player gets. Rangers are also building a indoor arena at the training centre (ring any bells). Their women’s team are going to be based there for all training and games. As will the men’s reserves. I think in the next 2/3 year Celtic and Rangers will take over at the top. It’s a shame as there was a real opportunity for Hibs.

Not really.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs with massive amounts of money compared to us. If they choose to start investing relatively heavily in woman’s football there’s not that much we can do about it and we certainly couldn’t compete with them.

I assume all the money from the successful European runs will go into the ladies team coffers? Hopefully they reinvest that wisely and they can continue to grow.

wallpaperman
09-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Not really.

I assume all the money from the successful European runs will go into the ladies team coffers? Hopefully they reinvest that wisely and they can continue to grow.

For the group stage in Slovenia. I think they will be happy if expenses are covered to be honest, which i understand is the case.

For the game on Wednesday, the ticket sales don’t look all that great, so the ticket money might cover the general expenses for the night.

Whether there is any prize money from UEFA for the last 32 i’m not sure, anyone know?

Brightside
09-09-2019, 03:43 PM
For the group stage in Slovenia. I think they will be happy if expenses are covered to be honest, which i understand is the case.

For the game on Wednesday, the ticket sales don’t look all that great, so the ticket money might cover the general expenses for the night.

Whether there is any prize money from UEFA for the last 32 i’m not sure, anyone know?

Im sure they get a fair bit more than was on offer last time they were at the same stage. But its still a hard ask to get past this team.