PDA

View Full Version : MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon

sambajustice
07-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Massive game today!!

Anyone not there??

Bostonhibby
07-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Am thinking of not being there. Son's passing through MK today so might ask him to not go on my behalf.

C'mon Wimbledon.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2019, 11:13 AM
See the non Hibs games thread.

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 11:15 AM
I'd rather cut off my own hands, or something.

H18 SFR
07-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Manually or with the aid of machinery?

WoreTheGreen
07-09-2019, 11:47 AM

If you cut your right hand off first how will cut your left hand off

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Manually or with the aid of machinery?

Nail clippers

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 11:50 AM

It's a two person job, I realise that.

H18 SFR
07-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Why are you stealing my ideas? I will take the assist.

Liam6270
07-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Mon the MK

Bostonhibby
07-09-2019, 12:15 PM
It's a two person job, I realise that.If it's really a two person job I'll eat my own arm

Carheenlea
07-09-2019, 12:24 PM
I always laugh at this despite not really getting the joke or recalling how all this started.

southsider
07-09-2019, 12:35 PM

He might be left handed or ambidextrous

One Day Soon
07-09-2019, 12:46 PM
I couldn't go today because I don't live anywhere near Wimbledon. But now it turns out we've got a mouse I need to put traps down for, so I can't go because I'm trapping vermin instead. Really annoying, I was looking forward to not being able to go because I don't live anywhere near it.

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 01:49 PM
I couldn't go today because I don't live anywhere near Wimbledon. But now it turns out we've got a mouse I need to put traps down for, so I can't go because I'm trapping vermin instead. Really annoying, I was looking forward to not being able to go because I don't live anywhere near it.

Get a cat. Our cat died and mice appeared a few days later. So we got a kitten from the ssppc as a cute replacement and the mice disappeared again. Council says there's a problem with them at the moment, too many people using humane traps instead of bashing the wee ***ers brains out.

Still going nowhere near the fixture.

MKHIBEE
07-09-2019, 01:54 PM
I couldn't not go today because I didn't know the match was on. That's the first time I've never been without knowing it was on.

Keith_M
07-09-2019, 01:59 PM
I'm not going.

Partly through principle and partly because I'm too busy hurling abuse at the IRA marchers in Glasgow today..... I suspect they're all MK Dons supporters as well.

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2019, 02:05 PM
I'm not going.

Partly through principle and partly because I'm too busy hurling abuse at the IRA marchers in Glasgow today..... I suspect they're all MK Dons supporters as well.

Do you hurl abuse at the UDA marchers also when they are out?

HoboHarry
07-09-2019, 02:09 PM
When we bought our house the garage doors were a sh***y Hertz broon colour and they are getting replaced today so I am absolutely definitely not going to the game. In fact when the installer leaves I'm going to give the old doors a two finger salute just like I would to the anyone wearing a sh***y broon Hertz top....

Stuart93
07-09-2019, 02:13 PM
I'm not going.

Sounds like you’re having a riveting Saturday

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2019, 02:25 PM

a pertinent Q :agree: it always amazes me how only one set of sectarian terrorist-supporting marches appears to be "democratic" and can march relatively unmolested by "protestors" ........he might let you know when he's back at the lodge :wink:

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 02:26 PM
When we bought our house the garage doors were a sh***y Hertz broon colour and they are getting replaced today so I am absolutely definitely not going to the game. In fact when the installer leaves I'm going to give the old doors a two finger salute just like I would to the anyone wearing a sh***y broon Hertz top....

I used to have a maroon phone. One of the early Erik's ons turn of the millennium. Cracking phone but had to replace it. If you tolerate this your children will be next.

Anyone know the score?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Massive game today!!

Anyone not there??

Cant go won’t go.

HoboHarry
07-09-2019, 02:32 PM
I used to have a maroon phone. One of the early Erik's ons turn of the millennium. Cracking phone but had to replace it. If you tolerate this your children will be next.

Anyone know the score?
Someone does but they aren't there so they won't tell us..

Keith_M
07-09-2019, 02:54 PM

Yes I do. Why?

a pertinent Q https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/agree.gif it always amazes me how only one set of sectarian terrorist-supporting marches appears to be "democratic" and can march relatively unmolested by "protestors" ........he might let you know when he's back at the lodge https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/hilarious.gif

Oh that's just soooooooo funny.

You should be a comedian

Keith_M
07-09-2019, 03:17 PM
"Police kept the two sides apart as the marchers arrived at Clyde Street with Republicans chanting "Ooh ah up the Ra" and Loyalists responding by chanting 'paedos, paedos'."

They didn't even mention that I was standing nearby with my "I'm boycotting the MK Dons" banner.

:I'm waiti

worcesterhibby
07-09-2019, 03:51 PM
How do MK even manage to find a whole team of Dons to field ? I can think of Don Hutchinson and Don Masson, but both are past it anyway...

HoboHarry
07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
How do MK even manage to find a whole team of Dons to field ? I can think of Don Hutchinson and Don Masson, but both are past it anyway...
Donny Osmond? If Marie can sing for Kilmarnock surely he can play?

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Yes I do. Why?

:faf:

Oh that's just soooooooo funny.

You should be a comedian

nae need....as one comedian to another

Keith_M
07-09-2019, 04:32 PM
nae need....as one comedian to another

:greengrin

I think I'm just bored, cos there's nae game today

Maybe should have gone to Milton Keynes after all...

essexhibee
07-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Have afc ever beaten MK? Always seem to get beat in this “derby”

The atmosphere was woeful and stadium empty.

Jones28
07-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Is it perhaps the diddiest of diddy derbies?

bigwheel
07-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Is it perhaps the diddiest of diddy derbies?

The great thing about football is that “your” derby always feels the most important ...this one has deep history of course ...

Wilson
07-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Not for a while. March 2017. Since then its 2 wins for MK and two draws.

I enjoyed not going to these games.

Eyrie
07-09-2019, 09:42 PM
With Hibs not playing, I made a special effort to not travel so i could not be there and not see the game.

1875godsgift
07-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Get a cat. Our cat died and mice appeared a few days later. So we got a kitten from the ssppc as a cute replacement and the mice disappeared again. Council says there's a problem with them at the moment, too many people using humane traps instead of bashing the wee ***ers brains out.

Still going nowhere near the fixture.

See me, I could never bash a poor wee kitten's brains out.

And I was going to go, but I was surrounded by human traps, so couldn't move.

Green Reaper
07-09-2019, 10:38 PM
I'm glad I didn't go as I thoroughly enjoyed not being there and not seeing the game which was incredibly dull not to watch.

Bostonhibby
07-09-2019, 11:00 PM
Just got back from not being there, bloody knackered, took me forever to get home.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2019, 12:10 AM
I didn't go to the Avai v Flamengo game today, but I watched it in a pub in Rio de Janeiro.

Does that not count too?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2019, 04:32 AM
My wife has a phobia of mice. We have 2 cats - and nice in the loft :(

to compound things out our cats from time to time bring in mice - alive - and then let them go.

Ive not quite reached double figures but at least 5-6 times I’ve had to dispatch the mouse - it’s been ridiculous 2 of them just sitting staring like they lost their instinct. I hate having to do it but I’m left with little choice. I now just go into autopilot.

McSwanky
08-09-2019, 07:20 AM
I've deliberately avoided finding out the score in this one so I can't watch it on the TV later. I've even gone to the trouble of not getting done beers in and not inviting anyone round. Really looking forward to it

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-09-2019, 07:43 AM
My wife has a phobia of mice. We have 2 cats - and nice in the loft :(

to compound things out our cats from time to time bring in mice - alive - and then let them go.

Ive not quite reached double figures but at least 5-6 times I’ve had to dispatch the mouse - it’s been ridiculous 2 of them just sitting staring like they lost their instinct. I hate having to do it but I’m left with little choice. I now just go into autopilot.

My cats such a sap if any mice are kicking about our house they are probably bullying him.

He came home the other week carrying a dead bird, presented it in front of me then started pacing about and rolling around looking all proud of himself for being the master hunter. On closer inspection it was obvious the bird had been dead for weeks. Another time he jumped through the window with an unopened pack of Nandos crisps in his mouth. Useless wee thing couldn't even stretch to McCoy's.

hibsbollah
08-09-2019, 07:48 AM
My cats such a sap if any mice are kicking about our house they are probably bullying him.

He came home the other week carrying a dead bird, presented it in front of me then started pacing about and rolling around looking all proud of himself for being the master hunter. On closer inspection it was obvious the bird had been dead for weeks. Another time he jumped through the window with an unopened pack of Nandos crisps in his mouth. Useless wee thing couldn't even stretch to McCoy's.

My sadly deceased cat (Murphy, she had a great first touch with that soft padded paw) used to go mad for Quavers. Dunno if it was the cheese flavouring but she would stick the whole head in the packet when you werent looking and would properly crunch them up and ingest them. Lived til the ripe old age of 14.

The bad guys won the bucks/South London death match Derby 2-1. Was a bit of a cat n mouse affair:furious:

hibsbollah
08-09-2019, 07:50 AM
See me, I could never bash a poor wee kitten's brains out.

And I was going to go, but I was surrounded by human traps, so couldn't move.

:faf:

RoxburghHibs
08-09-2019, 08:52 AM
Yes I do. Why?

We all look forward to your posts confirming your attendance to protest the next Orange march. However glad you agree (I assume) all sectarian marches should be banned :agree:

Bostonhibby
08-09-2019, 09:11 AM
We all look forward to your posts confirming your attendance to protest the next Orange march. However glad you agree (I assume) all sectarian marches should be banned :agree:Let's keep the bigots of all sides out of this brilliant fixture, the last thing we need is them not going too and spoiling it for the rest of us[emoji6]

pedroorange1875
08-09-2019, 10:02 AM
I really enjoyed not going after a brilliant game but what I dont understand is all these people that didnt leave 10 minutes early...they didn't pay there money so what on earth were they thinking.

I don't want to start another non debate about not being a uberfan

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2019, 10:11 AM

He came home the other week carrying a dead bird, presented it in front of me then started pacing about and rolling around looking all proud of himself for being the master hunter. On closer inspection it was obvious the bird had been dead for weeks. Another time he jumped through the window with an unopened pack of Nandos crisps in his mouth. Useless wee thing couldn't even stretch to McCoy's.Hang on, Nandos make crisps?

Speedy
08-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Didn't realise this was yesterday. Would've make an effort to not go if I knew.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2019, 10:38 AM
We all look forward to your posts confirming your attendance to protest the next Orange march. However glad you agree (I assume) all sectarian marches should be banned :agree:

I'm quite confident he wasn't being particularly serious if the mood of the rest of the thread is any indication. 🐭

One Day Soon
08-09-2019, 10:54 AM
And here is a delayed result from last night's fixtures: One Day Soon 4 Mice 0

I think I'll be not going to the Wimbledon derby again tonight...

Keith_M
08-09-2019, 11:14 AM

I do.

However, I wasn't being serious about actually going there. Too much like hard work ;-)

Keith_M
08-09-2019, 11:15 AM
I'm quite confident he wasn't being particularly serious if the mood of the rest of the thread is any indication. 🐭

Nope, bit of a whoosh moment HH

Hibbyradge
08-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Did anyone boycott not going?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Nope, bit of a whoosh moment HH

You'll need to get a bigger boat! 🚢

Bostonhibby
08-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Did anyone boycott not going?I'm thinking about it next time they meet.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2019, 02:07 PM
I wonder if the fans of either team have stumbled across these threads? Talk about being confused! 😁

Eyrie
08-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Did anyone boycott not going?

Certainly not!

I look forward to not going to the MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon game more than any other fixture in the calendar.

ballengeich
08-09-2019, 04:07 PM
AFC Wimbledon are The Rangers of England. Founded in 2002, they claim to have won the FA Cup in 1988. I'm glad I didn't attend yesterday.

RoxburghHibs
08-09-2019, 05:40 PM
I do.

However, I wasn't being serious about actually going there. Too much like hard work ;-)

Ah fair enough - I'm clearly one step behind as normal :rolleyes:

Michael
08-09-2019, 05:48 PM
AFC Wimbledon are The Rangers of England. Founded in 2002, they claim to have won the FA Cup in 1988. I'm glad I didn't attend yesterday.

Not exactly the same circumstances...

You're not wrong though.

Speedway
08-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Not exactly the same circumstances...

You're not wrong though.

Was anyone not wrong who wasn’t at the match?

Glory Lurker
08-09-2019, 06:26 PM
These regular threads make me interested in going to one of these games sometime.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2019, 06:33 PM
These regular threads make me interested in going to one of these games sometime.

Why would you think like that? Everyone else wants to not go! 🙄

Smartie
08-09-2019, 08:31 PM

If someone were to organise a bus, I might be interested in not going.

Green Reaper
08-09-2019, 09:17 PM

I'm not organising a bus for the next one so if you don't want to go don't let me know

Bostonhibby
08-09-2019, 09:31 PM
If anyone who isn't going is interested in some half and half scarves to mark the occasion I haven't got any and haven't a clue how to get them and can't be ersed sourcing any.

Eyrie
08-09-2019, 09:55 PM
I'm not organising a bus for the next one so if you don't want to go don't let me know

Can you not put my name down for a seat please.

One Day Soon
08-09-2019, 10:06 PM

Yep, me and Eyrie won't be going and we'd like to not go together so can you definitely not keep us seats not together please.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2019, 10:10 PM
I can't decide if I shouldn't get hospitality next time I don't go.

One Day Soon
08-09-2019, 10:15 PM
I can't decide if I shouldn't get hospitality next time I don't go.

You definitely shouldn't. I didn't last time when I didn't go and I thought it wasn't worth every penny.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2019, 10:28 PM
You definitely shouldn't. I didn't last time when I didn't go and I thought it wasn't worth every penny.

Ok. Thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about not getting a half season ticket in December so I won't put the money I wasn't going to spend on hospitality to that instead.

1875godsgift
08-09-2019, 11:00 PM
If anyone who isn't going is interested in some half and half scarves to mark the occasion I haven't got any and haven't a clue how to get them and can't be ersed sourcing any.

I'll not knot knit them for you, if you ask me nicely not to knot knit them.

Green Reaper
08-09-2019, 11:00 PM
Yep, me and Eyrie won't be going and we'd like to not go together so can you definitely not keep us seats not together please.

That's you and Eyrie not reserved seats together on the bus i'm not taking so I don't hope that you both are not happy you're not sitting together on my bus that's not going

HoboHarry
08-09-2019, 11:40 PM
I'll not organize the bus - if it starts from my house it definitely won't get there.....

Mibbes Aye
09-09-2019, 01:20 AM

For me, it all depends where you’re not picking up from.

iwasthere1972
09-09-2019, 03:34 AM
I always laugh at this despite not really getting the joke or recalling how all this started.

It all started about eight years ago when both MK Dons and Wimbledon were drawn against each other in the FA Cup. This is the opening thread on the subject.

MK dons v AFC Wimbledon

I see both have been drawn together in the FA cup.

http://www.afcwimbledon-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/afc_wimbledon_to_boycott_fa_cup_clash_767940/index.shtml

The AFC fans don't seem too keen from reading online, would you boycott?

McSwanky
09-09-2019, 05:29 AM
My sadly deceased cat (Murphy, she had a great first touch with that soft padded paw) used to go mad for Quavers. Dunno if it was the cheese flavouring but she would stick the whole head in the packet when you werent looking and would properly crunch them up and ingest them. Lived til the ripe old age of 14.

The bad guys won the bucks/South London death match Derby 2-1. Was a bit of a cat n mouse affair:furious:I used to have a gerbil called Murphy. Small world, eh?

hibsbollah
09-09-2019, 06:48 AM
I used to have a gerbil called Murphy. Small world, eh?

Not for a gerbil. I bet everything seems bloody massive

One Day Soon
09-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Latest results from the group stages games between One Day Soon and the Mice select eleven.

You will recall that the first leg finished One Day Soon 4 Mice 0 on Saturday 7th September. Last night's second leg finished One Day Soon 2 Mice 0.

It is not yet clear whether the Mice will still be able to field a team for a third match tonight due to squad injuries. However my team will take the field and expect to be awarded a walkover if the Mice don't turn up. You'll notice these are all home ties for me, that's because the Mice select have based themselves in a training camp located there. This wasn't an invitation tournament or even a scheduled fixture, they just appeared with chewed-up pieces of jerseys for goalposts.

In other news should this thread now be renamed as the '.Net Does 'Dons v Dons' Doing Dons or Not?' thread?

Keith_M
09-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Ah fair enough - I'm clearly one step behind as normal :rolleyes:

:aok:

One Day Soon
09-09-2019, 12:55 PM
That's you and Eyrie not reserved seats together on the bus i'm not taking so I don't hope that you both are not happy you're not sitting together on my bus that's not going

That's great thanks. How much do we not owe you?

Hibbyradge
09-09-2019, 02:17 PM
That's the first bus not full, folks. 👍We're now not taking names for a second one.

For those of you who don't want a seat, please don't leave your name on this thread and don't send payment to the hibs.net PayPal account.

Can anyone recommend a club near the ground we can't book for a wee refreshment before not going to the game?

Mibbes Aye
09-09-2019, 02:56 PM
That's the first bus not full, folks. 👍We're now not taking names for a second one.

For those of you who don't want a seat, please don't leave your name on this thread and don't send payment to the hibs.net PayPal account.

Can anyone recommend a club near the ground we can't book for a wee refreshment before not going to the game?

I was hoping not to get a seat on the bus and now concerned there will be enough numbers not to run a second bus.

If anyone is thinking of not taking the car, I really wouldn’t appreciate a lift.

Obviously I’m happy not to pay a fair share of the petrol.

Green Reaper
09-09-2019, 04:01 PM
That's great thanks. How much do we not owe you?

I won't let you know how much and then I won't send you my bank details so you then can't pay me by not making a bank transfer

Smartie
09-09-2019, 04:46 PM
I've just been over the road, and kickback are planning on not running a bus to the next game either.

Which in many ways is a relief, as there were about 400,000 twelve-sticky-fingered weirdos who had plans to run off with the kitty money.

Liberal Hibby
09-09-2019, 05:19 PM
I live about 20 minutes from Kingsmeadow - home of AFC. And as they did the dirty (along with Chelsea women's team) and threw Kingstonian FC out I will be boycotting the return leg and I may decide not to go and see Kingstonian (who are ground sharing with Corinthian Casuals) instead.

My cat has also gone missing too.

One Day Soon
09-09-2019, 07:00 PM
I live about 20 minutes from Kingsmeadow - home of AFC. And as they did the dirty (along with Chelsea women's team) and threw Kingstonian FC out I will be boycotting the return leg and I may decide not to go and see Kingstonian (who are ground sharing with Corinthian Casuals) instead.

My cat has also gone missing too.

That's pretty ****ing suspicious. Is there any chance do you think that it could be on the way up here to help me with the mice?

HoboHarry
09-09-2019, 07:02 PM
I've just been over the road, and kickback are planning on not running a bus to the next game either.

Which in many ways is a relief, as there were about 400,000 twelve-sticky-fingered weirdos who had plans to run off with the kitty money.
There was a sum of money set aside for the kitty? My cats lucky if he gets fed and his damn box cleaned......

Eyrie
09-09-2019, 07:40 PM
I won't let you know how much and then I won't send you my bank details so you then can't pay me by not making a bank transfer

Cheers - that's me not paid for ODS and me. Don't mind not sitting not next to him, although I am suspicious about what'll be in his home made sandwiches that he won't be bringing.

Liberal Hibby
09-09-2019, 08:37 PM
That's pretty ****ing suspicious. Is there any chance do you think that it could be on the way up here to help me with the mice?

Cats are suspicious ****ers. No sooner had I typed that he comes back in after two days away as if nothing has happened.

Do you think he could have done a quick stint up your way (while of course boycotting MK Dons v Wimbledon)?

Smartie
09-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Cats are suspicious ****ers. No sooner had I typed that he comes back in after two days away as if nothing has happened.

Do you think he could have done a quick stint up your way (while of course boycotting MK Dons v Wimbledon)?

He went to the match.

There's s half and half scarf stashed just outside your back door.

Liberal Hibby
10-09-2019, 08:27 AM
He went to the match.

There's s half and half scarf stashed just outside your back door.

Ah yes two tone, stripey, furry and soft and can't make up its mind what to do - I'm not sure I can tell what is cat and what is half and half scarf...