PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) scottish football needs to revolutionized!

tonyrougier123
06-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Any ideas as to what steps could be taken to overhaul our game domestically and nationally.

Ive often championed summer football,with fewer league games and possibly a winter cup.

A forward thinking SFA board would be a start.
Some fresh ideas and a thinking out the box mentality.
It seems to be that scottish football is living in the past and reliant heavily on the old firm games for any recognition.

Any ideas folks?

madhatter
06-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Stop caring about recognition globally when nobody cares. Football in Scotland has a very harsh graph when you consider financial state of clubs and interest from fans. We go through periods of clubs splashing the cash (many going bust) and fans of non-OF enjoy this period as it gives a sense of “we might be going somewhere here”. However, reality kicks in as Celtic sign a £9m striker and Rangers get back to being the 2nd force. Then collectively all fans in Scotland consider what’s the point of spending £400 on a ST when the odds are stacked against you. Then Celtic and Rangers fans get fed up as their club keeps getting knocked out of Europe. Then we have clubs that find out they have spent too much and “x club goes out of business” headlines will appear once more. It goes in cycles. Every club seems to take turns being financially challenged after a period of “lavish” finances.

Scottish football is dominated too much by greed. Greed in football is bad everywhere as it is but it’s much worse here due to the lack of resources which means clubs take a “let’s do what is best for us and forget about the rest” stance. Clubs will vote selfishly in most cases. OF clubs especially. There should be a rule forcing clubs to play youth in the top league.

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 11:51 PM
We have project brave being implemented. Hopefully that will make a difference to our fortunes.

stoneyburn hibs
06-09-2019, 11:56 PM
We have project brave being implemented. Hopefully that will make a difference to our fortunes.

Nationalist prick.

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 11:57 PM
Nationalist prick.
Unionist ****.

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 11:59 PM
Nationalist prick.

Unionist ****.
Only joking obviously my nationalist friend :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
07-09-2019, 12:00 AM
Unionist ****.

Mon the West bank.

lord bunberry
07-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Mon the West bank.
I’m more a Gazza Strip man myself.

stoneyburn hibs
07-09-2019, 12:02 AM
Only joking obviously my nationalist friend :greengrin

😁😁

stoneyburn hibs
07-09-2019, 12:08 AM
Any ideas as to what steps could be taken to overhaul our game domestically and nationally.

Ive often championed summer football,with fewer league games and possibly a winter cup.

A forward thinking SFA board would be a start.
Some fresh ideas and a thinking out the box mentality.
It seems to be that scottish football is living in the past and reliant heavily on the old firm games for any recognition.

Any ideas folks?

It's been done to death mate, and that's what makes it so sad. Nothing will change.

Gloucester Hibs
07-09-2019, 12:11 AM
**** knows. Just been well pumped by a side that includes 10 players from that global fitba powerhouse the Russian league. Whilst our own side features many starlets from the self proclaimed “best league in the world”, go figure 🤷*♂️

Wakeyhibee
07-09-2019, 12:28 AM
Without getting into another league 're organisation debate, I think this is a contributory factor. Too much boom and bust for lower to mid ranking teams. Long term planning is lost to survival.

Even with the set up as it is, I think it's down to the coaching and development. Scotland has been left back in the 80s. We don't produce players that we can export or can live comfortably in the EPL anymore, something many other countries can do.

Most folk of an age could name 10 players spread over 3 teams in England during the 60s 70s and poss 80s too.
Now we have 1.

Its not population size, India never qualify, Uruguay (3m pop) do regularly and usually do well when they get there.

Its not genetics (Mr Strachan) look at the countries producing now who didn't in the past.

We don't play more games than most leagues generally speaking.

I hope Project Brave (hate these titles) is not just another re-brand/re-hash strapline and actually addresses this.

Hibbyradge
07-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Revolutionised. Z free. :brickwall:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Pity that the scottish football survey (setup by a Hibee - was it Worcester?) around the time of the Rangers collapse is no longer in relative independent hands. He who sets the questions sets the agenda.

So the die has now been cast - There will never be a hard hitting survey on Scottish football coming from the football authorities.

GreenCastle
07-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Project Brave is already a mess.

Honestly you would think folk would learn but they think that getting rid of successful academies producing players like Forth Valley reduces talent.

Add in teams like Falkirk scrapping youth set up and those in charge couldn’t run a bath.

Said it on other thread..SFA needs disbanded - new organisation set up with a clean slate to improve the game and get fans back on board and see the bigger picture - The West / Old Firm run Scottish football and it’s not healthy.

greenpaper55
07-09-2019, 12:33 PM
A bigger league so we can introduce the young players without fear of relegation .. well not much fear anyway ! Celtic won the European cup with a team of Glaswegians when we had the likes of Stirling Albion , Airdrie, and believe it or not Clyde were third that year ! I know it takes more than a bigger league to make our football better but what chance does youth have when even we bring in players from the lower English leagues rather than take a risk...that's not going to well but you know what i mean.

One Day Soon
07-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Nationalist prick.

Admin prick, Cybernat twat and Yoon bawbag are surely the correct nomenclatures you Nationalist prick?

greenpaper55
07-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Charming !

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2019, 07:45 PM
What % of Scots players play for the Uglies?

Until the dominance of these clubs and over-accommodation (whether they make up the Lionshare of the team or (more likely) not) is diminished we’ll face an uphill struggle.

Why did Wouters bail, is JC still involved?

Self interest seems to trump everything else.

just what will it take to storm the gates of Hampden if not _over_ a generation of abject FAILURE. Thank God i was born when I was cos otherwise out family picture would be like the dissolving one in Back To The Future - I met my wife who was over studying from Brazil because of that first game in Paris. Now there would be no chance in hell of Scotland qualifying let alone be involved in the first game against Brazil.

DetroitHibs
07-09-2019, 07:48 PM
It's a mentality that the current players are growing up with. They are molly coddled from a young age now. There's no cleaning boots and earning respect from the first team players, they are pampered. It shows on the pitch, we are weak minded and fold far too easily. People call it "bullying" now, it actually stood the player's in good stead for what was going to happen to them on the pitch.

Our crop of youngsters are a fine example. They are all quiet with no backbone about them. The exception of Porto.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2019, 07:55 PM
It's a mentality that the current players are growing up with. They are molly coddled from a young age now. There's no cleaning boots and earning respect from the first team players, they are pampered. It shows on the pitch, we are weak minded and fold far too easily. People call it "bullying" now, it actually stood the player's in good stead for what was going to happen to them on the pitch.

Our crop of youngsters are a fine example. They are all quiet with no backbone about them. The exception of Porto.

Is it not a move towards the “humanisation of the workplace”?
Success of “Command and control” is contextual and even the most obvious - the British army - has moved away from it. Knowledge work too. We need a team with a number of leaders rather than relying on a manager or captain solely. All need to take responsibility - you’re less likely to get that ruling with an iron fist.

DetroitHibs
07-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Is it not a move towards the “humanisation of the workplace”?
Success of “Command and control” is contextual and even the most obvious - the British army - has moved away from it. Knowledge work too. We need a team with a number of leaders rather than relying on a manager or captain solely. All need to take responsibility - you’re less likely to get that ruling with an iron fist.

IMHO the world was a better place when parents actually diciplined kids and the teachers could also do it. I think the current generation are just soft.

Teams had senior players that would be hard, but also ones that would be the arm the shoulder. It was a good blend.