PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland v Russia

Pages : [1] 2

theonlywayisup
06-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Good luck to Scotland tonight! Anyone going to watch it?

I feel more confident having Clarke as manager. I feel that we've a good crop of players in some areas of the team and my expectation is that he'll get the best out of them. We're lacking in some areas of the team, but hoping that Clarke has the same impact he had at Kilmarnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49579030

C'mon Scotland :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

As an aside, it's great having the diversion of a Scotland game to take us away from the pain of watching Hibs. Not said that for a few years.

essexhibee
06-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Feel slightly nervous about tonight.

Which must means I care again :greengrin. A win would be massive in getting some feel good back and getting momentum behind Clarke as he was the man we all wanted for the first time in a long time.

The 90+2
06-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Scotland 3/1 to win. Decent price.

Daniel 1875
06-09-2019, 11:10 AM
I'll be there tonight - huge game in the campaign. Russia are a bit of an unknown quantity after the World Cup given we've not played them in quite a while. On paper the team is pretty promising, despite some slim pickings at centre forward. Fingers crossed for a good result.

Brummie_Hibs
06-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Currently on the train up to Glasgow for it.

I lost all confidence of Scotland winning games a long time ago.

Onceinawhile
06-09-2019, 11:16 AM
I'll watch it, but we're guff at centre half and pretty guff at centre forward.

Meaning we'll concede and likely not score many. Not a great place to be.

Need LG back pronto to at least solve one of the issues.

SteveHFC
06-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Heading through to Glasgow in a while. Must win game.

JXM73
06-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Bohemians at O2 academy, gave up on the Nat team in about 2014 when we decided were just a region...

California-Hibs
06-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Can't wait for this one! Definitely a biggie! Come in Scotland!!

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 11:27 AM
3-1 Russia

WeeRussell
06-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Bohemians at O2 academy, gave up on the Nat team in about 2014 when we decided were just a region...

Seriously :confused: Have you given up on absolutely everything related to Scotland in that case?

I'm a big independence supporter myself and was disappointed in the way our majority voted, but it never occured to me to change my support for the football team.

bigswissstriker
06-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

hfc rd
06-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Need to win otherwise we are pretty much out. Russia have made a solid start to this group and are rightly so favourites for 2nd place.

Leitherhibs
06-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Will always back the national side, thought I totally understand the apathy that many feel towards the team when we've, IMO, under-achieved for so long.

Lack of strikers are an issue, don't see a big problem at Centre Half with Cooper coming in, one of Leeds best players, who will surely get promoted this season. Other glaring area of concern is at RB, hope that when fit Tierney can do a job for us there.

Anyway, c'mon Scotland, into these human rights abusing muppets.

stoneyburn hibs
06-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Strangely feeling confident that we'll get a result tonight.

Come on Scotland!

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 11:37 AM
i'l be flicking between Hampden and Murrayfield, only in Scotland both sports national teams are playing on the same night..only here :grr:

but anyway, the Russians to win and Scotland to win...at murrayfield

Northernhibee
06-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Idlewild performing beforehand. Will be the 21st time I've seen them live :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leitherhibs
06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
i'l be flicking between Hampden and Murrayfield, only in Scotland both sports national teams are playing on the same night..only here :grr:

Terrible scheduling for those fans who don't live in central belt as well, really poor from the SRU, who at least have a degree of influence over the KO time.

B.H.F.C
06-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Get a win and maybe, just maybe, a wee bit enthusiasm will start returning towards the national team.

theonlywayisup
06-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Will always back the national side, thought I totally understand the apathy that many feel towards the team when we've, IMO, under-achieved for so long.

Lack of strikers are an issue, don't see a big problem at Centre Half with Cooper coming in, one of Leeds best players, who will surely get promoted this season. Other glaring area of concern is at RB, hope that when fit Tierney can do a job for us there.

:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Terrible scheduling for those fans who don't live in central belt as well, really poor from the SRU, who at least have a degree of influence over the KO time.

i'd like to know which fixture was arranged first, and why on earth both sports are even playing on a friday night in the first place, if the football fixture was arranged first then indeed the SRU haven't thought about fans that actually enjoy both sports :agree:

theonlywayisup
06-09-2019, 11:44 AM
It was funny during yesterday's press conference when a Russian journalist asked two questions both of which referenced Gary O'Connor. Clarke responded something along the lines of "I've never spoken to Gary O'Connor and, hopefully, tomorrow you'll realise that there's more players in Scotland than just Gary O'Connor".

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 11:46 AM

as much as i'd love that i really wouldn't bet on it :greengrin especially when they can't beat one of their rivals at home last week, must-win games imo

Onceinawhile
06-09-2019, 11:49 AM
i'd like to know which fixture was arranged first, and why on earth both sports are even playing on a friday night in the first place, if the football fixture was arranged first then indeed the SRU haven't thought about fans that actually enjoy both sports :agree:

UEFA and their "week of football" concept need to get in the bin.

This game should be on a saturday or a Sunday at a Stretch. But nope, we need international games on TV for 7 Days.

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Win or playoffs.

Leitherhibs
06-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Football was arranged first, SRU don't regard football fans as part of their core fan base.

Leitherhibs
06-09-2019, 11:53 AM
as much as i'd love that i really wouldn't bet on it :greengrin especially when they can't beat one of their rivals at home last week, must-win games imo

Poor result, but that's been the only real blip on a very strong start to the season, think they'll have learnt from last year and make it, albeit it'll be a close run thing as it always is. I think they've got one of the strongest squads and without doubt the best manager in the league.

The 90+2
06-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Idlewild performing beforehand. Will be the 21st time I've seen them live :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good taste mate 👍👍

SteveHFC
06-09-2019, 12:06 PM

Heading to Hampden earlier purely for this. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 12:10 PM
UEFA and their "week of football" concept need to get in the bin.

This game should be on a saturday or a Sunday at a Stretch. But nope, we need international games on TV for 7 Days.

ah, just realised we are playing Belgium on monday as well hence we couldn't play tomorrow, hope i'm wrong but i can only see 6 points dropped in two home games :(

Poor result, but that's been the only real blip on a very strong start to the season, think they'll have learnt from last year and make it, albeit it'll be a close run thing as it always is. I think they've got one of the strongest squads and without doubt the best manager in the league.

i got surprisingly good odds on leeds finishing in top six last season, considering they were "running away" with the league at the time, perhaps the bookies also know the deal with leeds teams :(

Leitherhibs
06-09-2019, 12:12 PM
i got surprisingly good odds on leeds finishing in top six last season, considering they were "running away" with the league at the time, perhaps the bookies also know the deal with leeds teams :(

I backed them to win the league this season, price wasn't great as you might expect (think they were 2nd favs) so I'm watching there every move very closely.

California-Hibs
06-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Get a grip.

Since90+2
06-09-2019, 12:31 PM
I've absolutely no idea what the scoreline will be tonight. I'd not be surprised if we are beat 2 or 3 nil but I'd also not be too shocked if we win. Suppose it makes the game kinda exciting in a way.

Northernhibee
06-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Heading to Hampden earlier purely for this. :aok:

22nd time tomorrow night, 23rd in November :hyper

KWJ
06-09-2019, 01:17 PM

The big problem is that he's completely inexperienced at this level and who is going to play alongside him? You'd think Mulgrew but they are both left sided centre backs. With no McKenna, Souttar, Hanley and erm umm, whoever else we have that's injured...Findlay? We're in trouble.

I have high hopes for Porteous but we could do with him and others pronto.

Hibs90
06-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Where is the best place to park for easy access to coming back home after the game?

Hibs4185
06-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Strangely feeling confident that we'll get a result tonight.

Come on Scotland!

It’s the optimism that kills us....same as hibs!

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Where is the best place to park for easy access to coming back home after the game?

Near Polmadie train depot.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2019, 01:52 PM

I park on the roads around King Park station, then head back to Wdinvurgh via East Kilbride

JimBHibees
06-09-2019, 01:55 PM
I park on the roads around King Park station, then head back to Wdinvurgh via East Kilbride

I would say that is the best place. Easy get away and no need to touch the m74.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2019, 01:57 PM
I would say that is the best place. Easy get away and no need to touch the m74.

Go straight underneath it now

Hibs90
06-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Cheers!

ancient hibee
06-09-2019, 03:40 PM

Presumably Premier Sports decide when they want to show it.

Liam6270
06-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Cool story

wookie70
06-09-2019, 04:06 PM

I'll be supporting my regions team tonight at both in person at the Rugby and in heart at the Football but know exactly where you are coming from.

Carheenlea
06-09-2019, 04:42 PM

Easiest route in and out of Hampden :agree: There are always big arguments about the transport infrastructure for Hampden Park, but travelling from Peebles it’s actually one of the easiest grounds to get to and from for us.

SMAXXA
06-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Can’t be arsed with the national team it’s just a distraction from club football for me. Just can’t get excited about it, want Scotland to win obviously but won’t go out my way to watch them play

SteveHFC
06-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Scotland to win 3-0 in a comfortable performance.

Liam6270
06-09-2019, 04:55 PM
A region haha! Mon Scotland, a beautiful country in a beautiful United Kingdom

Golden Bear
06-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Can’t be arsed with the national team it’s just a distraction from club football for me. Just can’t get excited about it, want Scotland to win obviously but won’t go out my way to watch them play

Strangely I now found myself more interested in the national rugby union team than the football team. It will be interesting to see the respective attendances tonight.

SteveHFC
06-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Marshall
O’Donnell
Cooper
Mulgrew
Robertson
Forrest
McGinn
McGregor
McTominay
Fraser
McBurnie

Wheat Hound
06-09-2019, 05:26 PM
About the best 11 we could field just now. Would like to see Leigh up top asap though once he's ready.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Surprised to see McLean drop out. Thought he was one of our better performers in the last couple of games.

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Good team.

we are hibs
06-09-2019, 05:32 PM
How the **** as a country have we ended up with mcburnie leading the line for scotland? Hes absolutely atrocious.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Marshall
O’Donnell
Cooper
Mulgrew
Robertson
Forrest
McGinn
McGregor
McTominay
Fraser
McBurnie

Don’t like O’Donnell, McTominay or McBurnie but not entirely sure what the options are like there so hopefully they do the business.

HoboHarry
06-09-2019, 05:35 PM
How the **** as a country have we ended up with mcburnie leading the line for scotland? Hes absolutely atrocious.
:agree: He did score last week but still, I honestly start laughing every time I see him play on telly. The term galoot was invented especially for him..... :faf:

Hibee87
06-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Strangely I now found myself more interested in the national rugby union team than the football team. It will be interesting to see the respective attendances tonight.

Rugby has sold more I believe.

hfc rd
06-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Probably our strongest team just now as to who is available.

Good luck to both the football and Scotland rugby team tonight! Hopefully make it a good double!

SteveHFC
06-09-2019, 05:46 PM

McBurnie will score a hat trick tonight.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 05:49 PM

I think he’s ***** too but he does have a good scoring record down south.

Maybe just needs a goal for Scotland.

B.H.F.C
06-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Couldn’t really pick a stronger team IMO.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Couldn’t really pick a stronger team IMO.

There must be a better right back than O’Donnell?

No idea who right enough but he’s not up to it imo. Was there not a change int he rules that could lead to Tavernier getting capped? I know he’s not perfect but he’s better than O’Donnell.

SChibs
06-09-2019, 05:58 PM

A team just paid 20m for him so he genuinely can't be that bad. Premier league teams obviously do some sort of research and homework into their signings

SChibs
06-09-2019, 05:59 PM

No idea who right enough but he’s not up to it imo. Was there not a change int he rules that could lead to Tavernier getting capped? I know he’s not perfect but he’s better than O’Donnell.

He can be capped at the end of the season i think once he has lived in Scotland for 5 years. Ridiculous rule imo

hfc rd
06-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Might be wrong, so don’t take my word for it. But I think if he plays one more season in Scotland, he qualifies to represent Scotland. Therefore can’t see it as reckon he’ll move back down south before then.

Smartie
06-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Good team, I think that's the best with the players we have available which is all you can really ask fo.

I agree that everything I've seen with my own eyes suggests that McBurnie is garbage, but the cold facts would suggest he's a £20m premier league striker. :faf:

I'd maybe choose Christie ahead of McGregor, is Christie fit? Not much between those 2 but tbh I like both of them as players.

Smartie
06-09-2019, 06:09 PM
He can be capped at the end of the season i think once he has lived in Scotland for 5 years. Ridiculous rule imo

Play for Sevco for 5 years and you should be eligible to play for England.

Or Hell, if they have a team.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 06:10 PM

He's miles off the standard required obviously but there's no-one else which is very worrying.

To think folk on here slaughtered Hutton as well.

Smartie
06-09-2019, 06:14 PM
He's miles off the standard required obviously but there's no-one else which is very worrying.

To think folk on here slaughtered Hutton as well.

There's a place there for the taking if Jason Naismith fancies having a good season.......

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 06:16 PM
There's a place there for the taking if Jason Naismith fancies having a good season.......

I never thought of him as Scotland quality (whatever that is) for Ross Co but you're right, that's where we are.

rcarter1
06-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know of pay per view options for this game?

Cheers

Smartie
06-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Anyone know how to listen to this on radio Scotland online? It says both the football and the rugby are on but I can only get rugby.

Any ideas??

Billy Whizz
06-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Anyone know how to listen to this on radio Scotland online? It says both the football and the rugby are on but I can only get rugby.

Any ideas??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49555021

Lago
06-09-2019, 06:26 PM
:agree: He did score last week but still, I honestly start laughing every time I see him play on telly. The term galoot was invented especially for him..... :faf:
Preceeded by the adjective galloping :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
06-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know of pay per view options for this game?

Cheers

NOWTV maybe?

givescotlandfreedom
06-09-2019, 06:27 PM
AFC Wimbledon - Plymouth highlights from 3 years ago 15 mins before an England game? Nah it's only Scotland though.

CMurdoch
06-09-2019, 06:30 PM

A tribute band rather than the actual Scotland football team :rolleyes:.

hibsbollah
06-09-2019, 06:31 PM

Cooper is a proper modern centre back, his passing his so good he could play centre mid no problem. The antithesis to a John Souttar/Berra type.

rcarter1
06-09-2019, 06:33 PM
NOWTV maybe?

Will give it shot Thanks!

Jim44
06-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Steve Clarke selects Jambo Naismith who has hardly kicked a ball this season, has been injured for God knows how long and, would you believe it, fails to make the match squad because of a minor injury. :rolleyes:

Scottie
06-09-2019, 06:36 PM
It's the hope that kills you but hoping for a sneaky 1-0 tonight. Come on lads :saltireflag

Smartie
06-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Cooper is a proper modern centre back, his passing his so good he could play centre mid no problem. The antithesis to a John Souttar/Berra type.

Is Souttar not a half decent footballer with no idea how to defend?

I'm happy Cooper's getting a chance, I've only heard good things about him.

Most of the alternatives have had a chance and failed to to take it in quite spectacular style.

xyz23jc
06-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Play for Sevco for 5 years and you should be eligible to play for England.

Or Hell, if they have a team.

Just signed Robert Mugabe.... :duck::greengrin

hibsbollah
06-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Is Souttar not a half decent footballer with no idea how to defend?

I'm happy Cooper's getting a chance, I've only heard good things about him.

Most of the alternatives have had a chance and failed to to take it in quite spectacular style.

OK, berra/mckenna type then :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
06-09-2019, 06:45 PM
The Russians look like a rugby squad.

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Somebody said the North stand was sold out. Plenty empty seats in it.

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Comedy defending there, Scotland will concede through cross balls tonight.

MileHighBees
06-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Can you send me a PM too please? All I'm getting is rugby.....

Game is streaming live (and legal :greengrin) here in the USA on ESPN3
Don't know if you have access to that or not ?? - I think I get it as part of my cable TV/internet package

hibee_girl
06-09-2019, 06:55 PM
John McGinn!!

1-0 Scotland

Hermit Crab
Waits on the McGinn love in starting...

Jim44
What’s the story with all the empty posts on this thread? :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 06:56 PM
goal sconnie botland SJM :thumbsup:

shocker by the keeper

hibsbollah
06-09-2019, 06:56 PM
You big ersed beauty you. 1-0

Paloschi
06-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Super John McGinn

Paloschi
06-09-2019, 06:58 PM

I just don't think you understand..

e2los
06-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Too soon?
Anyone worried this will just make them angry?

SJM :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Too soon?
Anyone worried this will just make them angry?

SJM :thumbsup:

They're giants and will get more than one chance in this game. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:00 PM
SJM..how we miss u at ER [emoji24]

Great start let's just hope it's not too early

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smartie
06-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Whose man is he now?

Bit of a slapper.

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Some save that to be fair. Thats the danger though, high balls Scotland can't deal with.

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 07:02 PM
that was a great fingertip save

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 07:03 PM
That number 22 is a big old unit.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Mulgrew really is mince. Should be nowhere near the Scotland team but sadly with McKenna and Soutar out not much option at present

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:04 PM
That number 22 is a big old unit.Literally a giant isn't he?

Jim44
06-09-2019, 07:05 PM
An early goal takes away the fear of.......... ehm, ....... them getting an earlier goal. :greengrin

Smartie
06-09-2019, 07:06 PM
It's funny how football can be intellectualised and all sorts of strategies and formations can be discovered and implemented, yet sticking the ball in the mixer for a big old lump to attack will cause problems for just about anyone.

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Literally a giant isn't he?

I can’t imagine he’s very mobile, but I’m sure he’s already interesting Craig Levein.

Barman Stanton
06-09-2019, 07:07 PM

Hibs fans loving a Cup Winning legend. Who would have thought it. Do you ever take a day off?

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 07:08 PM
McGregor making the corners easy for the keeper

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:08 PM
I can’t imagine he’s very mobile, but I’m sure he’s already interesting Craig Levein.Very much a Levein wet dream [emoji85][emoji23]

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Very much a Levein wet dream [emoji85][emoji23]

Levein will be in the toilets knocking one out as we speak.

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 07:09 PM
mon john get that fungus off yer face son

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Levein will be in the toilets knocking one out as we speak.Ah but levein and toilets...circa Dens Park 86 lol [emoji12]

04Sauzee
06-09-2019, 07:12 PM

I love Mcginn so what

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Ah but levein and toilets...circa Dens Park 86 lol [emoji12]

Ive heard the toilet is the most luxurious room in his house.

erin go bragh
06-09-2019, 07:15 PM

Better he plays for Scotland and Villa ,the more money Hibs will receive.
You really like to get on folks ( • •) s

gazzag70
06-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Started many years ago!!

GreenCastle
06-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Russia have been awful.

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 07:21 PM
if we score a 2nd i'm cracking open a bottle of Becks Blue

GreenCastle
06-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Still amazed McBurnie was bought for £20 million.
Scotland playing with 10 players as he’s doing nothing right now.

Compare to SJM and what he offers.

hibee_girl
06-09-2019, 07:24 PM
1-1

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Russia have been awful.

Boom.

Hermit Crab
Thats had been coming, Scotland are not good enough.

cabbageandribs1875
that was coming 1-1

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Been coming since we scored...typical Scotland just sitting back and inviting pressure...after we started so well too

cabbageandribs1875
laid on a plate by robertson

GreenCastle
Boom.

They were poor for 1st 30 mins.

Scotland looking tired and McBurnie no support and not holding ball up.

Worrying as Russia have more to give here.

B.H.F.C
Started really well then stopped when we scored.

Bristolhibby
Giant freak! Ball has been going to him all day.

What exactly was Mulgrew doing?

J

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Sorry but Mulgrew and O'Donnell should be nowhere near the Scotland Squad. Both absolutely dreadful

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Sorry but Mulgrew and O'Donnell should be nowhere near the Scotland Squad. Both absolutely dreadful

McBurnie is pish as well.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:30 PM
McBurnie is pish as well.He is indeed.. how on earth Griffiths was left out I've no idea

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 07:31 PM
How the hell does ODonnell get a game , not good enough at this level

B.H.F.C
06-09-2019, 07:32 PM
He is indeed.. how on earth Griffiths was left out I've no idea

Fair to assume that’s non footballing reasons I think.

lord bunberry
Could that have been a penalty there.

Pretty Boy
What's the latest with that RB from West Ham who Clarke was reported to be trying to tempt to play for us?

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Fair to assume that’s non footballing reasons I think.Sure but hes played more football than Naismith who is f****d again??

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:34 PM
What's the latest with that RB from West Ham who Clarke was reported to be trying to tempt to play for us?

Can we get him to play for Hibs instead?

bingo70
06-09-2019, 07:35 PM
How the hell does ODonnell get a game , not good enough at this level

Apparently there’s nobody else but if he got injured we’d need to find someone else, whoever that someone else is should be tried really soon.

lyonhibs
06-09-2019, 07:36 PM

This is an odd one, even by your standards. Great player, going to make Hibs a lot of money in the future.

Biggie
06-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Mcburnie £20m.....the worlds gone mad.
Marshall brutal attempt at a shot pretty much straight at him.
Mulgrew JHC....even McGregor is better than him.
We really have a dearth of international standard players.....campaign over.

Willis1875
06-09-2019, 07:38 PM
McGinn and Mcgregor not doing enough in possession for me. Far too far away from Mctominay when he is in possession of the ball which makes him either go backwards or sideways

bingo70
06-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Sure but hes played more football than Naismith who is f****d again??

Think you have to remember why Griffiths missed so much of last season.

There’s a lot of pressure that comes with playing for your national side, I agree with Clarke, let Griffiths get back enjoying his football and then he will find his way back into the national side.

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:40 PM
]McGinn and Mcgregor not doing enough in possession for me.[/B] Far too far away from Mctominay when he is in possession of the ball which makes him either go backwards or sideways

Careful now, you can't criticise him on here. Even though what you're saying is accurate.

Smartie
06-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Think you have to remember why Griffiths missed so much of last season.

There’s a lot of pressure that comes with playing for your national side, I agree with Clarke, let Griffiths get back enjoying his football and then he will find his way back into the national side.

Without wishing to open a can of worms, why did he miss so much of last season?

I appreciate there will be all sorts of rumours and mischief, I'm more interested in the official party line than anything speculative or underhand.

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 07:42 PM

I appreciate there will be all sorts of rumours and mischief, I'm more interested in the official party line than anything speculative or underhand.

Personal reasons.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 07:46 PM

I think it was confirmed and he came out and said it was mental health problems he was having?

If that’s not the case then apologies but I thought that was all out in the open

Just Alf
06-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Careful now, you can't criticise him on here. Even though what you're saying is accurate.Thinking he took a good goal and also that he could be doing better over the course of the 1st half are both valid points surely? (thinking of both yer posts despite quoting one I'm on phone so not to good with the quote thing)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jim44
06-09-2019, 07:48 PM
If we can ride our luck, we might steal a point here but they look too strong for us and I think we could be on the end of a hiding .

pontius pilate
06-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Never a free kick this Is where Russia are going to be cute and fall down at every bit of contact guarantee the ref will fall for every time as well

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 07:52 PM
great chance they missed there

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Forrest is worse than a man short. Has to go off soon.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 07:53 PM
McBurnie is way out of his depth, likewise ODonnell, both need to be subbed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 90+2
06-09-2019, 07:54 PM
All the motherland now I’m afraid we’ve seen how this ends before.

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 07:54 PM
We're not getting out of this group. Russia are simply a better team.

GlesgaeHibby
06-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Mulgrew digging O'Donnell out a hole there.

rcarter1
06-09-2019, 07:57 PM
NOWTV maybe?

Thanks, got it sorted, mind you had to pay a £10 day pass. Once a year perhaps - but right now Scotland aren't giving value for money!!

WeeRussell
06-09-2019, 07:58 PM

😂😂😂 your first 3 posts in fairly quick succession tonight - criticise the attendance, criticise the team, criticise (in advance) anyone who dares to praise ex hibs star and Scotland goalscorer.

You’re a unique character HC I’ll give you that 😂👍

Smartie
06-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I can't believe how poor Russia were for half an hour and how much they've improved since then.

GlesgaeHibby
06-09-2019, 08:00 PM
The quality of dead ball delivery by McGregor has been woeful

Sir David Gray
2-1 Russia

hibee_girl
2-1 Russia

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 08:01 PM
1-2

we are hibs
06-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Has ryan fraser ever had a good game for scotland? He plays well for bournemouth but dug***** for scotland

B.H.F.C
06-09-2019, 08:02 PM
McGregor has been shocking.

whiskyhibby
Christ that’s a poor goal to lose.....

J-C
Forrest is worse than a man short. Has to go off soon.

It's amazing how he turns up for Celtic all the time, yet is so poor when he plays for Scotland.

McBurnie is an imposter, as is O'Donnell.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 08:03 PM
What was O’donnell doing so far up the park there?

ionahibby
06-09-2019, 08:03 PM
A goalkeeper mistake was the only reason we were ahead other than that we have been honking.

rcarter1
06-09-2019, 08:04 PM
I can't believe how poor Russia were for half an hour and how much they've improved since then.

They just needed time to realise how to negate us. We looked sprightly to start with..

WeeRussell
can't really disagree with this

Nor me. What’s the definition of trolling again?

hibee_girl
McGinn off

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Robertson in a fifa team? Lol, he's garbage.

J-C
06-09-2019, 08:05 PM
You really do wonder about some of these players desire when they pull on the Scotland jersey, the majority look a shadow of the players they are when they play for their clubs.

Jim44
06-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Always gave you the benefit of the doubt but my God you’re unbelievable.

LancashireHibby
It’s like they were wearing the wrong shirts for the first 10-15 minutes. Unrecognisable.

cabbageandribs1875
Nor me. What’s the definition of trolling again?

not sure, but a 6 month ban might solve things :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Russians are queuing up here!! No wonder the TA are booing.

cabbageandribs1875
russians hit the post

lord bunberry
This is men against boys now, we can’t get out of our own half.

whiskyhibby
You really do wonder about some of these players desire when they pull on the Scotland jersey, the majority look a shadow of the players they are when they play for their clubs.

To be fair they are appearing with some dross such as ODonnell which is bound to make the job harder

J-C
Always gave you the benefit of the doubt but my God you’re unbelievable.

Who is?

Iain G

Good player in a good club team, struggling like the rest of them in a poor Scotland side.

Smartie
06-09-2019, 08:08 PM
We've fallen to pieces.

Strange.

Some good players playing very badly.

Poor O'Donnell looks absolutely hopelessly out his depth though.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Have we trawled the English lower leagues for a right back? I actually feel sorry for O'Donnell.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2019, 08:10 PM
McLean should have started. He's a very good player and was our best player in the 2 games preceeding this one. I said the same before the game so it's not 20/20 hindsight either.

It's just as well we have the Nations League as it's game over after tonight. That was always going to be the case though.

theonlywayisup
06-09-2019, 08:10 PM
McGregor is rubbish and has been for the last few internationals.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Have we trawled the English lower leagues for a right back? I actually feel sorry for O'Donnell.

I mentioned earlier the guy at West Ham. Fredericks maybe? I know Clarke was enquiring about his eligibility and whether he would be interested in playing for Scotland. No idea if he's any good but you'd have to assume a guy playing for a team that finished 10th in the EPL is a step up from O'Donnell.

Iain G
06-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Sums it up when we are letting Charlie Mulgrew take the freekicks...

LancashireHibby
06-09-2019, 08:15 PM
‪As much Mulgrew isn’t THAT bad at set pieces, as a player you’d have to think centre halves should be the last candidate for taking a free kick around the box.‬

GlesgaeHibby
06-09-2019, 08:16 PM
‪As much Mulgrew isn’t THAT bad at set pieces, as a player you’d have to think centre halves should be the last candidate for taking a free kick around the box.‬

Why. What does it matter? If he's got at dead balls he should take them. He started out as a midfielder.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:18 PM

When was the last time Mulgrew scored a free kick........

LancashireHibby
06-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Why. What does it matter? If he's got at dead balls he should take them. He started out as a midfielder.
Because you’d have to hope that attacking players would have much more of a honed technique on that front. Wide midfielders, strikers, whoever.

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Scotland aren't a bad team, the Russians are just better.

LancashireHibby
When was the last time Mulgrew scored a free kick........

Scored two last season
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/charlie-mulgrew/alletore/spieler/37428/saison//verein/0/liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/minute/0/torart/0/plus/1

Jim44
Who is?

Failed to put the quote in, but I’ll give you one guess.:greengrin

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Sums it up when we are letting Charlie Mulgrew take the freekicks...

For me Mulgrew's the only outfield player who's been exempt from criticism. And he's our best free kick taker.

Tully
Frank sauzee had a no bad free kick for a defender

whiskyhibby

Scot,and have some excellent players and have the making of a good side, but choosing players such as ODonnnell are dragging the team down

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 08:22 PM
****ing hell were masters of turning attack into defence.

whiskyhibby
Scored two last season
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/charlie-mulgrew/alletore/spieler/37428/saison//verein/0/liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/minute/0/torart/0/plus/1

Out of how many attempts?......

Smartie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siniša_Mihajlović

This guy.

Like Mulgrew, a centre-back, a free kick taker and a total ********.

Only a bit better than Mulgrew at all of the above.

pontius pilate
I just think some of the players have been ineffective McBurnie Forrest Mulgrew O'Donnell ( who I dont think is as bad as some are making out). It might look better once McKenna and Griffiths is back along with Teirney and Souttar

chrisski33

We aint bad we are friggin pish

J-C
06-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Failed to put the quote in, but I’ll give you one guess.:greengrin

A certain Mr Crab :greengrin

bingo70
06-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Oli McBurnie is absolutely dreadful

Zazu62
06-09-2019, 08:24 PM
McGregor is rubbish and has been for the last few internationals.

Yip, just runs about

J-C
06-09-2019, 08:25 PM

He looks like a rugby flanker that's turned up at the wrong international.

chasitup
06-09-2019, 08:26 PM
He’s not as good as that.

Stuart93
06-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Can’t believe he took Mcginn off and left mctominay on. As overrated a player as I’ve ever seen

hibee_girl
06-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Can’t believe he took Mcginn off and left mctominay on. As overrated a player as I’ve ever seen

:agree:

we are hibs
06-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Mcburnie is basically colin nish with his socks rolled down

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 08:29 PM
How unlucky can you be

Sir David Gray
06-09-2019, 08:29 PM
We'll almost certainly be second bottom of this group by Monday night. Scotland playing Belgium and Cyprus playing San Marino.

Pathetic to be behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan after 6 games.

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Phillips is pretty good.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Mcburnie is basically colin nish with his socks rolled down

I’m not sure he’s that good tbh

bingo70
06-09-2019, 08:32 PM
We'll almost certainly be second bottom of this group by Monday night. Scotland playing Belgium and Cyprus playing San Marino.

Pathetic to be behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan after 6 games.

I just don’t think we should be as ***** as we are.

With the exception of right back and up front i don’t think we’re that bad a side.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:33 PM
4 minutes extra time., not sure 40could rescue this game

Since452
06-09-2019, 08:34 PM
How is McBurnie an international footballer?

Glory Lurker
06-09-2019, 08:35 PM
God, if it's no Hibs making me greet intae ma cocoa, it's Scotland. I hate fitba.

SaulGoodman
Hearing Ian Crocker say “4 minutes of stoppage time is confirmed” gets me excited.

cabbageandribs1875
McGregor to the keeper........AGAIN

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Christ McBurnies pass in the box straight to a Russian player......sums him Up really

bingo70

He must have had some team mates for Swansea last year.

£20m for him is absolutely incredible and shows how ridiculous the transfer market is down south.

Allant1981
Mcburnie must be one of the worst forwards I've ever seen play for scotland

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Well that’s our campaign finished.......

Diclonius
06-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Mcburnie must be one of the worst forwards I've ever seen play for scotland

I'm willing to bet we've said that for every Scotland forward since Dalglish.

We just don't produce good strikers any more.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Taxi for Clarke?

Sir David Gray
06-09-2019, 08:41 PM
I just don’t think we should be as ***** as we are.

With the exception of right back and up front i don’t think we’re that bad a side.

Any country that's playing Oli McBurnie up front is going to struggle.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2019, 08:42 PM
We can moan all day about the likes of O'Donnell and McBurnie but there are players who are playing regularly in the Champions League who just didn't turn up... Robertson, McTominay, McGregor, Forrest. All dreadful tonight.

noz
06-09-2019, 08:43 PM

Somebody paid £20 m for him so we thought he must be good.
Surprised Clarke chose him, never thought he showed enough desire.

Shouldve taken a chance on Griffiths.

GreenCastle
Surely no one is surprised?

This decline will continue as the SFA are useless and Scottish football needs a fresh start at all levels.

Russia miles ahead in the end - looked like boys V men in the end.

Not sure how McBurnie and McTom stayed on - so over rated.

Hermit Crab
Taxi for Clarke?

Throw him and Hecky in the same one.

The 90+2
All the motherland now I’m afraid we’ve seen how this ends before.

Doh.

Allant1981
06-09-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm willing to bet we've said that for every Scotland forward since Dalglish.

We just don't produce good strikers any more.

Nah we have had some decent strikers over the years, he is just hopeless

Scottie
Not 1 positive can be taken from tonight, that was an embarrassing performance. We have players that should never be anywhere near a Scotland shirt.

As for Steve Clarke I just don't get the hype around this guy, 1 good season at Killie aside.

Heisenberg
Scott McTominay is so massively overrated. Gets a game because he’s a Man United player. O’Donnell/McBurnie also found out at this level on a consistent basis.

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2019, 08:45 PM

Guessing this isn't Andy Robertson?

Mcpakeisgod
06-09-2019, 08:45 PM
No real leaders in that team unfortunately

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Not 1 positive can be taken from tonight, that was an embarrassing performance. We have players that should never be anywhere near a Scotland shirt.

As for Steve Clarke I just don't get the hype around this guy, 1 good season at Killie aside.

2 good seasons at Killie, a brilliant season with West Brom and years as a top coach

whiskyhibby
06-09-2019, 08:46 PM
No real leaders in that team unfortunately

Apart from McGinn you mean...

Smartie
06-09-2019, 08:47 PM
With the Nations League stuff having already secured us a play off place, we should be doing everything we can to experiment and try to find a formula.

That wasn't it.

I didn't have a problem with the team pre-match so I'm not going to be hypocritical about it now by saying we should have done x, y or z.

There are good players in that squad, if we can find a half-decent shape and a couple of solutions for our problem positions then we might still be ok.

It was scary how much we struggled against an old-fashioned big striker.

Iain G
06-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Willie Miller is such a miserable bugger...

euro Hibby
06-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Pretty awful I thought...well deserved Russia ..could have been 4

norhfc
06-09-2019, 08:49 PM
No idea why he pulled SJM, not his best game but he can find that killer pass and as we seen can score.
Robertson was disappointing, no where near the player he is with Liverpool, couldn’t beat a man or put a cross in.
Learned nothing tonight, just hope we get a decent play off draw.

noz
06-09-2019, 08:49 PM
McTominay is the new Darren Fletcher. Said it for ages.
Similar style, tall, makes a tackle, but is he going to kick on?

Surprised hes a first pick for Man U.

bingo70
06-09-2019, 08:50 PM
There has to be better options than McBurnie and O’donnell.

GreenCastle
2 good seasons at Killie, a brilliant season with West Brom and years as a top coach

He had a 30% win ratio record at WBA and Reading.

He’s over rated also and the cheap option.

Doesn’t matter who the manager is though with the SFA and the lack of players we will continue to struggle.

Hermit Crab
Who thinks Scott Allan could get in that team? :dunno: