Disgusting behaviour from this sevco fan

https://twitter.com/drkalishnikova/status/1168902015298297859?s=12

Even (some) of his own fans were ashamed of him

Police standing right there and yet he’s not lifted

And they wonder why everyone hates them

Scotland shame

Hermit Crab
03-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Why was he not lifted? If it was a racist or sectarian comment that was made he would have been arrested...:confused:

SMAXXA
03-09-2019, 06:58 PM
seen it on Twitter, total disgrace

SouthMoroccoStu
03-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Why was he not lifted? If it was a racist or sectarian comment that was made he would have been arrested...:confused:

The police don’t arrest old firm fans for sectarian crimes

This we know

A night in the cells would have taught him a lesson

Pretty Boy
03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
There are no words. There's below the belt and there's that.

Hibby soldier
03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4679630/rangers-thug-banned-life-taunting-celtic-scott-brown-sister/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1567535935

lugz
03-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't expect anything less from that lot. **** of the earth.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-09-2019, 07:04 PM
The Sun now reporting

RANGERS thug has been banned from Ibrox for life after taunting Scott Brown about his sister.

Not a West Coast of Scotland fan....

Leith Green
03-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Total ****bag ...

Bristolhibby
03-09-2019, 07:28 PM
The police don’t arrest old firm fans for sectarian crimes

This we know.

A night in the cells would have taught him a lesson

Unfortunately being a See.U.N.T is not an arrestable offence.

J

The Spaceman
03-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Utter pondlife. Hope this man has a very, very unfortunate future.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2019, 07:32 PM
saw it earlier on FB, there's no words to describe a person saying something like that

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2019, 07:33 PM
The Sun now reporting

RANGERS thug has been banned from Ibrox for life after taunting Scott Brown about his sister.

wow, credit where it's due

Barney McGrew
03-09-2019, 07:34 PM
The Sun now reporting

If that’s the case then fair play to The Rangers for dealing with it quickly and decisively

One Day Soon
03-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Being a Rangers fan doesn't make you an utter ****. Being an utter **** makes you an utter ****.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 07:40 PM
"How's your sister"?

It isn't easy to find the right adjective to describe such a person. Broony showed exemplary restraint; he couldn't have been blamed for losing the plot in the heat of the moment.

One Day Soon
03-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned for life, an appropriate consequence for someone being so inhuman about someone's death.

Well done Rangers, nothing mealy mouthed or half measured about that action.

weecounty hibby
03-09-2019, 07:44 PM
They are the lowest form of life. A number of years ago rangers MK1 played reserve fixtures at Alloa. I used to go along with a mate as it was a game of football to watch. One night they were playing Falkirk who had Maurice Johnston playing for them. Just along from me was a stereotypical Hun, fat, bald, angry and wearing the obligatory Hun too that looked two sizes too small. The entire game he called Johnston every name under the sun. Always preceded by the word Fenian. At one point he shouted that he hoped that Johnston and his kids died of cancer. Cue laughter from other Huns and no one pulled him up about any of it. And don't forget that Johnston was a multiple trophy winner with them as well!! I never went back to any of the games after that. Horrible bunch of people

Carheenlea
03-09-2019, 07:45 PM
If that’s the case then fair play to The Rangers for dealing with it quickly and decisively

I saw the footage and it was good to hear one Rangers fan audibly call the imbecile out for it. In saying that, the fact only one called him out tells you a lot really.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned for life, an appropriate consequence for someone being so inhuman about someone's death.

Well done Rangers, nothing mealy mouthed or half measured about that action.

Yes, had to be done. Unforgivable, and fair play to the fans around him who remonstrated with him.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2019, 07:50 PM
I'd like to play devils advocate here. Is Hibs fans singing about Mrs Mercer being on her own, ready meal for 1, some kind of toy in her drawer any just as bad/as low? I hate that song!

Genuine question.

Ringothedog
03-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Yes it is, but I sang Irish rebel songs at Hibs games when I was younger. sometimes you don’t know any better

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 07:56 PM
I'd like to play devils advocate here. Is Hibs fans singing about Mrs Mercer being on her own, ready meal for 1, some kind of toy in her drawer any just as bad/as low? I hate that song!

Genuine question.

His wife should never be mentioned in any song, IMHO. I don't care what anyone says about him (though I don't sing the song myself) but his family should be off limits.

BoomtownHibees
03-09-2019, 07:58 PM
I'd like to play devils advocate here.

Who would have thought it

Hibernia&Alba

No crime was committed. It was a disgraceful thing to say, but you can't arrest someone for being an insensitive waste of space.

Hermit Crab
His wife should never be mentioned in any song, IMHO. I don't care what anyone says about him (though I don't sing the song myself) but his family should be off limits.

:agree:, some of the song lyrics involving her are horrendous.

HoboHarry
03-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Another genuine question, as despicable as the Sevco fans behaviour was, what would he be arrested for? Is that Breach of the Peace or whatever the modern term for it is now?

HoboHarry
03-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Also, Sevco may have banned him for life but do we know he was a season ticket holder?

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Another genuine question, as despicable as the Sevco fans behaviour was, what would he be arrested for? Is that Breach of the Peace or whatever the modern term for it is now?
No, I see no grounds for any arrest. The guy is an animal, but he broke no law. Impossible to charge someone with saying "how's your sister".

I would add that, if Brown had lost his temper on the spur of the moment and punched the guy, I would hope the polis would have shown understanding and looked the other away. It would be assault, but nobody could have blamed him.

Del Boy
03-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Absolutely unbelievable. Can’t get any lower.

lord bunberry
03-09-2019, 08:06 PM
What a horrible *******. Broony looks really hurt after it.

One Day Soon
03-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Genuine question.

I'm glad to say I don't know that song or any of its 'lyrics'. And I never want to.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm glad to say I don't know that song or any of its 'lyrics'. And I never want to.

You can't have been to many away games in the last few seasons then.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 08:17 PM

It's not good. Let's leave it at that.

tamig
03-09-2019, 08:17 PM

Genuine question.

Mercer is more than fair game for the songs we sing about him but his wife should be left out of it. It’s no comparison to what Scott Brown experienced there though.

overdrive
03-09-2019, 08:18 PM

You’re lucky. It’s sung nearly every week and the one sung about her at Christmas time is pretty bad too.

Was it just me or was something chucked at Brown as well?

BoomtownHibees
03-09-2019, 08:19 PM
You’re lucky. It’s sung nearly every week and the one sung about her at Christmas time is pretty bad too.

How did you end up getting chucked at Brown?

One Day Soon
03-09-2019, 08:30 PM
You can't have been to many away games in the last few seasons then.

Correct. Two kids, mum in her 90s and a shedload of other committments mean its cup away games only for me - and not even all of those.

lyonhibs
03-09-2019, 08:45 PM
I can't even begin to imagine the rotten state of the brain and character of whomever said that. Or anyone on the other side of the Glasgow divide singing songs about Ricksen. Or Jambos with songs about Mowbray's wife back in the day. Or our very own morons with songs about Mercer's wife being alone at Christmas.

What a shambles.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2019, 08:59 PM
named on twitter/Fb, better not put it here until proven

Sammy7nil
03-09-2019, 09:11 PM
How did you end up getting chucked at Brown?

I see 👀 what you did

wookie70
03-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Genuine question.

I'd view those singing that as being similarly disgusting as that The Rangers Fan. There is simply no need when there is so many things to taunt our neighbours with.

Iggy Pope
03-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Mercer is more than fair game for the songs we sing about him but his wife should be left out of it. It’s no comparison to what Scott Brown experienced there though.

Mrs Mercer none of us would know if she landed in our soup and vice versa . Don’t even know her ****ing name. Scott Brown tremendous footballer and high profile individual on the telly most weeks and has a dead sister certainly needs protected from cretins. Including the whataboutery versions (not you).

Sir David Gray
03-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Saw this earlier on Facebook and I cannot even begin to imagine how someone can even think of saying something as cruel as this towards another human being.

I love banter in football but bringing a player's relative into things, who died of cancer, is just an absolute disgrace no matter who the player is.

I'm heartened to see that many Rangers fans seem to be criticising this person and all I can say to them is, you never know what's round the corner in your own life.

lord bunberry
03-09-2019, 10:21 PM

It’s not sung to her in person as she’s going about her daily business though. What that guy did was personal and hurtful and was intended to cause the guy pain.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 10:22 PM
It’s not sung to her in person as she’s going about her daily business though. What that guy did was personal and hurtful and was intended to cause the guy pain.

Agree with this Scotty should have nutted the prick.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Disgraceful behaviour, I'm really not sure what else you can say about that really.

It's beneath contempt but sadly every club (our own included) has detestable people within its support who are capable of reaching such depths.

I'm glad Rangers have taken the actions that they have.

HoboHarry
03-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Was he a season ticket holder? Not sure how they could enforce the ban if he wasn't.....

03-09-2019, 10:44 PM
What a lowlife. Well done Rangers for taking action.

Don't agree with the Sun's description saying Brown was "in rage" though. If anything he looks very much in control of any anger he'd be justifiably feeling.

andybev1
03-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Have to giv Rangers their due for banning the c*** enough would be said if they said nothing (and the other fans there) but they did not.

Zazu62
03-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Worst supporters in Britain surely?

yonder1875
03-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Honestly, my heart sank when I seen Brown’s face there. Amazing self restraint to not absolutely lose the plot there but I think the comment just broke him more than angered him.

Have always liked Broony, top man off the field.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
Bigotry and hatred the norm, and violence a regular occurrence. Seemingly there are no depths too deep. "A permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace". Definitely the worst.

CMurdoch
04-09-2019, 01:34 AM
Being a Rangers fan doesn't make you an utter ****. Being an utter **** makes you an utter ****.

Is the correct answer

percy veer
04-09-2019, 03:44 AM

it does help though.

Hibby_Huddy
04-09-2019, 03:46 AM

Unless she, or maybe one of her children, decides to go to a derby....

SouthMoroccoStu
04-09-2019, 04:02 AM
No crime was committed. It was a disgraceful thing to say, but you can't arrest someone for being an insensitive waste of space.

Spoke to a police officer pal of mine about this and he said

“yes at the time a breach of peace arrest could have been made. maybe even a public order offence as you need (or a fictionary 3rd person present ) need to be caused harassment harm or distress. I would argue that brown could have been caused harm . however the issue is when the **** bag has legal rep and then goes no comment. as prior to court he will lie and say I didn't know and was genuinely asking. the procurator fiscal will then not pursue case on a public interest argument is would think....”

Jones28
04-09-2019, 04:30 AM
it does help though.

I’ve never met an utter **** who wasn’t a rangers fan....

SouthMoroccoStu
04-09-2019, 05:02 AM

Certainly up there with Millwall and Chelsea

Jim44
04-09-2019, 05:34 AM
Once over the immediate hurt and shock of such a remark, SB’s resolve to answer back on the pitch will strengthen even more.

Bristolhibby
04-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Was he a season ticket holder? Not sure how they could enforce the ban if he wasn't.....

The management has the right to refuse entry.

Just refund him his money and never give him a ticket again.

J

hibIBZ
04-09-2019, 06:22 AM

Just because she can't hear it, doesn't make it ok in my book. Absolutely hate the mercer songs and think they have no place at football. I understand what he attempted to do, but songs aimed at a person's family about the person's death are totally wrong.

What happend to brown is shocking and I am glad others said so and the rangers have taken action

Since452
04-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Actually feel gutted for Scott having to hear that. Have a go at him for his team by all means but that is nothing short of sickening. Fair play to the other Rangers fans shouting the ****bag down

Killiehibbie
04-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Breach Of The Peace.
Acting in a disorderly manner or behaviour likely to incite such

Sylar
04-09-2019, 08:36 AM
I thought he looked more fired up than usual on Sunday - that moment near the touchline when he rode two tackles and still came away with the ball, followed by his muscle flexing "come on!" pose afterwards seemed particularly angry.

Utterly despicable behaviour - not only is it good to see Rangers take action, but in the video you can hear other Rangers fans calling the **** out for what he shouted.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 08:38 AM
When did this happen as don't really want to see it ? During the game?

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-09-2019, 08:45 AM
When did this happen as don't really want to see it ? During the game?

Was after the game Jim as they were boarding the bus. Brown wasn't angry. He was a broken man for a second or two. Minutes later he was getting pictures with young rangers fans.

I don't agree with all his actions on the pitch, but he has a lot of class of the field

Keith_M
04-09-2019, 09:24 AM

:agree:

Ardenttwo
04-09-2019, 10:03 AM
:agree:

Now been named and shamed with a photo

hfc rd
04-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Just seen this now and what a f****** disgusting human being! Despicable beyond belief. Glad that he has now been named, shamed and punished.

HoboHarry
04-09-2019, 10:49 AM
The management has the right to refuse entry.

Just refund him his money and never give him a ticket again.

J
Yes, if he is recognized during the entry process. Pretty unlikely....

WeeRussell
04-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Undoubtedly for me - but this incident doesn't prove that. It just shows that one vile cretin stood and shouted a horrible remark.

I thought very similar to what HC asked earlier re the songs and chants that our own have come out with over the years. There's nothing "fair game" in singing about death and cancer or the victim's family whatsoever. If anything I would argue that songs and chants make us (and other clubs) look worse than this one balloon's comment does for Rangers - in the same way that the one tosser at Tynecastle who spat on the ballboy was on his own with his actions and his behaviour was immediately condemned. Similarly I've heard the odd individual singing about Ricksen on the way to a semi-final before... he's not representative of the Hibs fans, but it would be harder to palm-off if hundreds of Hibees were joining in.

Genuinely can't believe some people are outraged at this and defending some of the bile that comes from our fans as "fair game" in the same breath.

It's all brutal and has no place in football/the world.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Wow

The fan who did this is only 15 and has now been charged

Rangers fan, 15, is charged by police for taunting a furious Scott Brown about his sister's death as the Celtic captain walked out of Ibrox after Old Firm clash (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7426747/Rangers-fan-15-charged-police-disgusting-taunt-Scott-Brown.html)

I hope his parents are up in the dock with him

Willing to bet they're puddle drinkers too

At least at 15 and now banned from ibrox, he might well be savable

WhileTheChief..
04-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Disgusting behaviour from this sevco fan

https://twitter.com/drkalishnikova/status/1168902015298297859?s=12

Even (some) of his own fans were ashamed of him

Police standing right there and yet he’s not lifted

And they wonder why everyone hates them

Scotland shame

How’s it Scotland’s shame?

It’s one guy. Nothing to do with the rest of the country.

I don’t feel ashamed at all.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-09-2019, 11:53 AM
How’s it Scotland’s shame?

It’s one guy. Nothing to do with the rest of the country.

I don’t feel ashamed at all.

I was referring to Therangers as Scotland's Shame

KeithTheHibby
04-09-2019, 12:16 PM
It is also a bit bizarre that there was a crowd of Rangers fans hanging about waiting on the Celtic team leaving Ibrox. Sad individuals.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 01:09 PM
It is also a bit bizarre that there was a crowd of Rangers fans hanging about waiting on the Celtic team leaving Ibrox. Sad individuals.

Probably most waiting on the Rangers players coming out for autograghs / selfies etc.

Future17
04-09-2019, 01:26 PM
I hope his parents are up in the dock with him

Why?

lucky
04-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Some over the top comments on here. A daft laddie has said something stupid. Yes it was crass and insensitive but being charged and a lifetime ban is way over the top. I know how daft I was at 15 and I’m glad no one was around to film all my mistakes and share on social media. Surely a good talking to and educate him on how to behave is going to more useful to him and society. The over the top reaction will haunt him for years. Time people remembered he’s just a child

hfc rd
04-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Some over the top comments on here. A daft laddie has said something stupid. Yes it was crass and insensitive but being charged and a lifetime ban is way over the top. I know how daft I was at 15 and I’m glad no one was around to film all my mistakes and share on social media. Surely a good talking to and educate him on how to behave is going to more useful to him and society. The over the top reaction will haunt him for years. Time people remembered he’s just a child

Seriously? You think it’s a shame on that little idiot making a disgusting remark to Brown about someone who died that was close to him? There’s saying daft things but saying something as despicable as that little bawbag did to Brown is nothing short of disgusting. Even his own fellow fans were appalled at what he said. The prick deserves everything thrown at him. He only has himself to blame and well done to Sevco for acting on it straightaway.

chrisski33
04-09-2019, 02:02 PM

Hes 15 he knew what he was saying. The punishment fits the crime.

HoboHarry
04-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Are you the guy that did it or something? Defending the indefensible.....

The Modfather
04-09-2019, 02:12 PM

I get the point you are making, but being 15 isn’t an excuse for the nastiness of his comment. It wasn’t just run of the mill crass abuse. A lifetime ban is over the top, I’m sure even Scott Brown would agree. Hopefully this is the kick in the arse he needs to grow up, although difficult to have too much sympathy if he is given a life ban.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Despicable more like. He is 15 not 5.

Sean1875
04-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Na, **** him. Disgusting behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ardenttwo
04-09-2019, 02:46 PM

Jeezo are are you for real. Dearie me how can you defend something like this

Lendo
04-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Good, I hope this follows him to his dying day. Absolute ****bag. Zero sympathy

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2019, 03:46 PM
I’ve never met an utter **** who wasn’t a rangers fan....

I find that hard to believe.

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Jeezo are are you for real. Dearie me how can you defend something like this

I actually think that post makes some good points ...it is a horrible thing to have said ...but surely , it’s about helping this young
Kid - because that is what he is - to feel remorse and learn from his hateful stupidity...no one has been assaulted or injured...a Meeting with a Scott Brown to apologise and explore it would be a great thing to arrange, if Brown is willing to meet...

It is a horrible thing to have said - but it was only
Words ...there is much worse out there

HoboHarry
04-09-2019, 03:50 PM
I actually think that post makes some good points ...it is a horrible thing to have said ...but surely , it’s about helping this young
Kid - because that is what he is - to feel remorse and learn from his hateful stupidity...no one has been assaulted or injured...a Meeting with a Scott Brown to apologise and explore it would be a great thing to arrange, if Brown is willing to meet...

Edward Bulwer-Lytton had a view on that you might want to look up.....

lyonhibs
04-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Naw. I was 15 not a million years ago and it works never have crossed my mind to say something so outright ****my and hurtful.

Lad wanted to be the big cock o' the walk and it has backfired on him spectacularly. Good. Hell mend the little scrote

CMurdoch
04-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Naw. I was 15 not a million years ago and it works never have crossed my mind to say something so outright ****my and hurtful.

Lad wanted to be the big cock o' the walk and it has backfired on him spectacularly. Good. Hell mend the little scrote

You were probably blessed with good parents.
I suspect this little scrote was not similarly blessed.
Hopefully at 15, he isn't too far gone and will learn from this abomination.

edinburghhibee
04-09-2019, 04:26 PM

I know Fiona and the brown family well. This will have hurt Scotty deeply but as much as the remark disgusts me if he’s 15 then a lot of the above post I agree with.

Good on Scotty for not reacting, not sure I’d have been able to contain my anger if it was me who heard it.

Hopefully this lad realised how stupid and hurtful a remark it was not just to Scott but to everyone who remembers Fiona and regrets it.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2019, 04:31 PM

I think criminal proceedings are perhaps a bit harsh but I will commend Rangers for taking the decision to ban him regardless of age.

lyonhibs
04-09-2019, 04:32 PM
You were probably blessed with good parents.
I suspect this little scrote was not similarly blessed.

Noticeable that he said it with the cops between his victim and himself.

I was, and I've no idea about his situation at home. But you don't need to have been raised by Mary Poppins in a land of milk and honey to know that deceased relatives is a line that should never, ever be crossed at the football.

He deserves the life ban, it seems like the penny has finally dropped in the marble staircase about the true nature of a large element of the Huns support and they are at least trying to act accordingly.

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Edward Bulwer-Lytton had a view on that you might want to look up.....

Is that the “pen is mightier than the sword “ thing ?

That was about reading can change people views and mindset more than threats and violence ....not about hateful shouts ?

Might be something else you were referring to

Smartie
04-09-2019, 04:36 PM
I know Fiona and the brown family well. This will have hurt Scotty deeply but as much as the remark disgusts me if he’s 15 then a lot of the above post I agree with.

Good on Scotty for not reacting, not sure I’d have been able to contain my anger if it was me who heard it.

Hopefully this lad realised how stupid and hurtful a remark it was not just to Scott but to everyone who remembers Fiona and regrets it.

There was something absolutely heartbreaking about the clip.

The way he slumps when the comment registers really got to me.

Fortunately just about everyone in the world other than the idiot who made the comment seem to be able to see all of this for what it is.

Good on Rangers - again - for doing the right thing.

CMurdoch
04-09-2019, 05:10 PM
I was, and I've no idea about his situation at home. But you don't need to have been raised by Mary Poppins in a land of milk and honey to know that deceased relatives is a line that should never, ever be crossed at the football.

He deserves the life ban, it seems like the penny has finally dropped in the marble staircase about the true nature of a large element of the Huns support and they are at least trying to act accordingly.

Sadly we have lots of scrotes in our own support.
Many of whom can be seen making a tit of themselves at most away matches but particularly at Tynecastle and Ibrox

I noted last week that one such Hibs supporting scrote was convicted for a 2nd time in 3 years
Last time he tried to mess up one of the best days in the clubs history by swinging a punch at an opposition player whilst normal Hibs fans were in a state of near nirvana. This time he decided to shout sectarian remarks at opposition supporters.
Despite his 1st **** up being a monumental one he remarkably failed to learn anything from it.
A despicable Hibs supporting bigot who embarrasses our club at every opportunity.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-pitch-invader-who-tried-19009759

Iggy Pope
04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
There was something absolutely heartbreaking about the clip.

The way he slumps when the comment registers really got to me.

Fortunately just about everyone in the world other than the idiot who made the comment seem to be able to see all of this for what it is.

Good on Rangers - again - for doing the right thing.

I have a dead sister. Scott Brown should be commended for the lack of this “15 year old” missing his ****ing potty teeth.
Songs, banter all very well. The Glesca patter. I couldn’t care less about the sea shanties.
But Rangers breed these spiteful vindictive *******s and have done for decades and made money from it. Filth.
Hope he does time and his bottom is widened even if his mind can’t be.

04-09-2019, 06:00 PM

It is not just about this 15 year old. There are loads of other fans (of all teams) that hurl abuse at players and as you say, there is much worse out there. If this guy is made an example of then it is a step towards deterring others from saying or doing similar or worse. If he is let off with just being made to feel ashamed about it for 10 minutes then it is effectively saying to everyone it is okay to do as long as you say sorry afterwards.

He'll have to make do with going to Rugby Park at waiting for someone to open the gates.

ancient hibee
04-09-2019, 06:15 PM
I think criminal proceedings are perhaps a bit harsh but I will commend Rangers for taking the decision to ban him regardless of age.

It'll be dealt with by some part of the Children's Panel system.

chrisski33
04-09-2019, 06:28 PM

"But it was just words"? Aye just words but words hurt and cut deep. Hope noone says anything like thta to you when youve loat someone close at a young age.
If you know the family well youd know thoae words would hurt

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 06:35 PM
"Bit it was just words"? Aye just words but words hurt and cut deep. Hope noone says anything like thta to you when youve loat someone close at a young age.
If you know the family well youd know thoae words would hurt

No one is suggesting otherwise..and perhaps if you had noted the post I was building on you would recognise that I am not suggesting it wasn’t deeply hurtful , hateful and offensive ...

just because of this and the high profile nature of the act - doesn’t mean there should be a disproportionate response to such an offensive act...

At 15 I would have said hateful things - many of us would have - social Media now captures them and there are consequences...there should be here..but it should be in context..

Sir David Gray
04-09-2019, 06:47 PM
It'll be dealt with by some part of the Children's Panel system.

Yeah i know. I still feel any kind of police involvement is a tad over the top. I'd like to think that the fact he's been banned for life from Ibrox, been publicly named and shamed and been met with complete revulsion from other Rangers fans (which is no mean feat) is enough of a punishment.

I'm not so sure he needs to be dealt with by the legal system and I say that as someone who finds what he said absolutely disgraceful.

Jones28
04-09-2019, 06:49 PM

Within a year he will be able to join the army, get married and vote “no” in indyref2, so hardly an age where it can be passed off as crass. Malicious and disgraceful are better adjectives.

Sammy7nil
04-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Within a year he will be able to join the army, get married and vote “no” in indyref2, so hardly an age where it can be passed off as crass. Malicious and disgraceful are better adjectives.

Perhaps that says more about our society than him :rolleyes: :confused:

He is a daftie trying to be Billy big baws and it backfired spectacularly. If Scott was willing to forgive and he wants to apologise he would learn more in a ten minute meeting to apologise than he will learn with a lifetime ban from them.

lyonhibs
04-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Sadly we have lots of scrotes in our own support.
Many of whom can be seen making a tit of themselves at most away matches but particularly at Tynecastle and Ibrox

I noted last week that one such Hibs supporting scrote was convicted for a 2nd time in 3 years
Last time he tried to mess up one of the best days in the clubs history by swinging a punch at an opposition player whilst normal Hibs fans were in a state of near nirvana. This time he decided to shout sectarian remarks at opposition supporters.
Despite his 1st **** up being a monumental one he remarkably failed to learn anything from it.
A despicable Hibs supporting bigot who embarrasses our club at every opportunity.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-pitch-invader-who-tried-19009759

I noted in an earlier post at we have a couple of ditties that really need to be put to bed for good. The guy in question is clearly an incorrigible moron, but assuming "sectarian abuse" to be just that, whilst out of order and rightfully punishable (and being punished) by law, on the sliding scale of "beyond the pale" topics, it's not on a par with using a deceased family member to try and score points.

1875-Hibernia
04-09-2019, 08:17 PM

What he’s said was disgusting and if I was Brown, I probably wouldn’t have cared what age he was at the time. I thought Brown looked taken back and hurt by it- so couldn’t fault him if he did react.

Having said the above- I think you’re spot on. He’s 15 and only a child. Probably raised from birth (possibly not) to hate Catholic’s and Celtic. Education is exactly what’s needed in this situation. Also think he should sit down with Brown and explain why he said it and of course apologise. Assuming he knows he’s made a horrible mistake. The last thing you want is to fill him with more hatred- which is exactly what will happen if he’s charged and given any sort of time (YO unit or the likes). I bet there’s plenty of courses out there he could attend to educate him on such matters and change his views in life. Still, he needs to accept full responsibility and become a man and admit he was wrong and apologise.

BroxburnHibee
04-09-2019, 09:02 PM
The little scrote has just done the team talk for the Old Firm games for the foreseeable future.

Jones28
04-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Perhaps that says more about our society than him :rolleyes: :confused:

He is a daftie trying to be Billy big baws and it backfired spectacularly. If Scott was willing to forgive and he wants to apologise he would learn more in a ten minute meeting to apologise than he will learn with a lifetime ban from them.

What does it say? It says to me that someone at the age of 15 is bordering on becoming an adult and should know better. A daft 12 year old with a squeaky voice would be more forgivable.

I wonder if there have been any “political correctness gone mad” responses on social media yet?

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2019, 09:11 PM
educate the wee laddie, 10 year ban max, these life-time bans for younger laddies is just wayyyyy over the top

and a wee apology to the player himself wouldn't be a bad thing

Hibernia&Alba
04-09-2019, 09:14 PM
What does it say? It says to me that someone at the age of 15 is bordering on becoming an adult and should know better. A daft 12 year old with a squeaky voice would be more forgivable.

I wonder if there have been any “political correctness gone mad” responses on social media yet?

He has a deep voice for a fifteen year old; I thought he sounded twenties easily. It's still an atrocious remark, but he's just a boy who will probably cringe about that moment as he gets older. We have to allow some mitigation for his age. A sincere apology to Scott Brown is surely enough, given his age. He'll learn, hopefully.

Green Diet
04-09-2019, 09:23 PM
If this was New Zealand the scrote would have been ejected out of the ground for breach of the peace and the police would have arranged for the occupier to trespass him for 2 years. That behaviour should not be tolerated anywhere in the world.

Sammy7nil
04-09-2019, 09:24 PM

I was talking about us allowing 16 yr old to join the army and marry.

All the evidence now suggests your brain is not fully developed until 26 years of age. At age 15 to early twenties we all do daft things. They should not stay with you forever.

I'm_cabbaged
05-09-2019, 05:03 AM
Now been named and shamed with a photo

Yep, and shamed the wrong person. Trial by FB, don’t you just love social media.

lyonhibs
05-09-2019, 06:22 AM
The little scrote has just done the team talk for the Old Firm games for the foreseeable future.

Yep. Brown will be on the warpath and wind up even more than usual next time they meet. Might tune in just to witness that as he consistently bosses the OF games already

ian cruise
05-09-2019, 07:23 AM
Yep, and shamed the wrong person. Trial by FB, don’t you just love social media.

Was a Rangers fan who posted originally on Facebook, when he posted the guys Facebook profile he was saying he knew it was this guy because he'd had run ins with him on various rangers forums. That should have set alarm bells of for folk straight away but instead they all just grabbed pitch forks and went after the guy. Ridiculous state of affairs.

One Day
05-09-2019, 07:33 AM

I agree, no problems hearing about mercer being "deid" I will never forget what he put us through or the smug grin on his face at his press conference. I will always hate the man. His wife and family should be left out of it though

InchHibby
05-09-2019, 07:41 AM
I can well remember when I was fifteen and I can also remember some of the stupid things I said and did, that’s what you do and how you learn at that age, but to say something like what this lump said is nothing short of disgusting. Fifteen maybe but still old enough to know what’s right or wrong and definitely old enough to know that by saying something like this can be very hurtful. There were similar sayings during the Maurice Johnstone days, there’s also some despicable references in the songs they sing so he has been well rehearsed.
Deserves everything he gets in my book.

WeeRussell
05-09-2019, 11:25 AM
I agree, no problems hearing about mercer being "deid" I will never forget what he put us through or the smug grin on his face at his press conference. I will always hate the man. His wife and family should be left out of it though

So should he... he's been dead for 13 years.

One Day
05-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Never

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2019, 02:40 PM

we should have a memoriam song for him then

p.s. our young dudes also need to cut out the crap regarding his wife/family

lucky
05-09-2019, 03:08 PM
I’m not defending this child but pointing out the fact we all make mistakes. Yes he needs punished but a life time ban and charged is OTT.

Smartie
05-09-2019, 03:18 PM
It should be up to Scott Brown when he gets back in to Ibrox.

Comps for the 10 in a row decider.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-09-2019, 03:54 PM
It should be up to Scott Brown when he gets back in to Ibrox.

Comps for the 10 in a row decider.

Strapped to the front of the bus like a teddy bear on a bin lorry

:greengrin