PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: VACANCY | CREATIVE ASSISTANT

RSS Bot
03-09-2019, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10266)

hfc rd
03-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Should post a vacancy out for a defensive midfielder and penalty box striker 😅

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2019, 03:17 PM
We’ve got a manager who’s creative with his imagination if that helps.

Bright_Hibee
03-09-2019, 03:36 PM

Whoever wrote this job description is at it. Saying that it is 37.5 hours a week then saying "you'll be expected to work hard and unsociable hours are involved" - surely it's longer hours than advertised based on that. I thought we were a forward thinking community club...

BlackSheep
03-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Whoever wrote this job description is at it. Saying that it is 37.5 hours a week then saying "you'll be expected to work hard and unsociable hours are involved" - surely it's longer hours than advertised based on that. I thought we were a forward thinking community club...

It's 37.5 hours a week, it doesnt state that its 9-5 Mon-Fri.

These types of roles tend to need flexible working eg later shifts and weekend shifts, for a lot of folk these are unsociable hours...

...As for the hard work part, i'm sure a lot of employers would wish their prospective employees have a good work ethic.

Since452
03-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Looks like Ron putting things in place already. Good stuff

Squirrel 1875
03-09-2019, 04:03 PM

This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.

lyonhibs
03-09-2019, 04:11 PM

One of those job adverts that's trying to be "cool" and "snappy". Always irritated me when job hunting, immediate "delete" for me.

But still, not sure what the "James Connolly spinning in his grave" chat is all about though.

Radium
03-09-2019, 04:15 PM
This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.

Presuming you’re referencing the changes that started 126 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
03-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Social media of every kind is a huge part of all workplaces and you also have a minimum wage for all workers in uk (whether its enough is another debate). And Hibs like every other workplace give to charity. It was only last season that a good percentage of the testimonials money went to local charities. I think your being very unfair.

1 8 7 5
03-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Nae offence, but what a slaver.

Hibs4185
03-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Hecky has no idea how to get the team playing creative football so he’s after a creative assistant.

04Sauzee
03-09-2019, 04:25 PM

Think you have hooked a few with this one 😂🎣🎣

greenpaper55
03-09-2019, 04:26 PM

If we never made a profit we would not be in existence ! All very well to have the Corinthian spirit but that will not pay the players and staffs wages every month. Are you Jeremy Corbyn ?

CloudSquall
03-09-2019, 04:29 PM
One of those job adverts that's trying to be "cool" and "snappy". Always irritated me when job hunting, immediate "delete" for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that, I can never imagine the personality required to actually enjoy writing like that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-09-2019, 04:31 PM

Is this a wind up? So hard to tell on here these days with the amount of nonsense posted. Just in case it’s genuine, we’re creating a new position for a graphic designer/media role, not opening up a sweat shop.

Since452
03-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Is this a wind up? So hard to tell on here these days with the amount of nonsense posted. Just in case it’s genuine, we’re creating a new position for a graphic designer/media role, not opening up a sweat shop.

With his/her posts on the match day thread my guess is no

calumhibee1
03-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Hecky has no idea how to get the team playing creative football so he’s after a creative assistant.

Superb banter. You love to see it.

Cataplana
03-09-2019, 04:54 PM

Work hard during the 37.5 hours you are paid for, some of them will be unsociable hours.

Genuine question in what way does this not tally with being a forward thinking community club?

Since452
03-09-2019, 04:56 PM
People having a dig at the club for a job advertisement sums up our support right now. Couldn't make it up.

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Hahaha. What bunkum...all because of a career opportunity at the club ..football is not a 9-5 Job. It involves weekends etc...they are simply helping people understand the dynamics of the role expectation

I don’t think our club has ever been as active around the community agenda than in recent years ..

calumhibee1
03-09-2019, 05:01 PM
People having a dig at the club for a job advertisement sums up our support right now. Couldn't make it up.

And yet some folk don’t believe that there posters who are desperate to see PH (and by extension, Hibs) fail..

Peevemor
03-09-2019, 05:07 PM
I think the advert is fine. The pdf job description is very detailed and I'm sure they won't be short of applicants.

It'd be a dream for a Hibee with the right skill set.

Allant1981
03-09-2019, 05:08 PM

Please tell me this is meant to be a joke

Since452
03-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Maybe we should stop paying players too. So far removed from our heritage.

HFC93
03-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Squirrel 1875 has to be a troll/on the wind up.

Heisenberg
03-09-2019, 05:33 PM

Few people might’ve gotten it wrong when they ripped into you for criticising Hecky but anything aimed at this post is fully deserved.

Absolutely hilarious.

wookie70
03-09-2019, 05:38 PM
If we never made a profit we would not be in existence ! All very well to have the Corinthian spirit but that will not pay the players and staffs wages every month. Are you Jeremy Corbyn ?

If he was he would want to pay most people more money. Hopefully, the club finds the right person and it engages the support and other to join us although going by the pessimistic unsupportive majority on here it will be a hard sell.

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 06:05 PM
The tone of some of the replies on this show how negative this place is currently ...if we were winning this would be seen as a great creative opportunity - which it is by the way

We are all hurting - none of us are happy with results , and we are all worried about this season - but some of the intensity and repetition of criticism and negative posts are draining any joy for this place...

I hope we can lift ourselves up a bit and talk about things in a more helpful way ..

GGTTH

1875Sean
03-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Always wonder what kinda salary Hibs pay for a position like this

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Ffs.

Good, I'm glad that Kenny is getting the assistance he'll need to step up the comms side of operations. Good luck to any aspirational candidates.

Keith_M
03-09-2019, 06:23 PM

:faf:

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 06:29 PM

You’ve caught a few I’ll give you that. Well played.

Why did Stotty leave?

Mikey
03-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Thank **** we're not going to have fan ownership now. If the loony left element within the support got a hold of it we'd really be in trouble.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 08:16 PM
It's a good opportunity for someone. It would be great if a Hibs fanatic got the gig :agree:

Would it discriminatory to see you must be a Hibs fan to hold the post?

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 08:23 PM
It's a good opportunity for someone. It would be great if a Hibs fanatic got the gig :agree:

Suspect it would - and actually don’t think that is important - skills, capability and desire to do well much more important ...after our CEO was a Rangers fan growing up ...once it is your job, people will give their best ...and fall in love with our wonderful club

jacomo
03-09-2019, 10:27 PM

Aye, ok then.

I didn't make the system, I just live in it. And so do Hibs. This is an entry level job and the successful applicant will be expected to graft. If they do well, the rewards will surely follow.

That's how we treat our development players isn't it?

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Aye, ok then.

I didn't make the system, I just live in it. And so do Hibs. This is an entry level job and the successful applicant will be expected to graft. If they do well, the rewards will surely follow.

That's how we treat our development players isn't it?

He makes a fair point about the machinations of capitalism and the role of work, but I do feel a graphics job at Hibs is a rather limited critique of the system. We need a much wider analysis of what work is for and how it should be organised. Deep stuff!

Cataplana
04-09-2019, 01:18 PM

It wouldn't be discriminatory to say the successful candidate should demonstrate a deep understanding of the club and its values.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 01:24 PM

:faf: Please tell me you are joking.