PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JASON NAISMITH BECOMES TENTH SUMMER SIGNING

RSS Bot
02-09-2019, 11:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10264)

#2 Double Tap
02-09-2019, 11:29 PM
welcome to the hibees!

Greencore
02-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Welcome Jason.

seanshow
02-09-2019, 11:51 PM
He was excellent at Ross Co, good signing at fullback :)

Hi Heid Yin
03-09-2019, 12:34 AM
Welcome Jason.:flag:

kaimendhibs
03-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Really liked him at County. Pleased he's here

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
03-09-2019, 02:04 AM
This is a signing I'd be pleased with us making even if Gray was fit. From what I remember he's hard as nails in the tackle, something that's desperately been missing from the backline

Since452
03-09-2019, 05:22 AM
Really good signing. Welcome

we are hibs
03-09-2019, 06:14 AM
At least hes played in scottish football before which means he shouldnt be like a fish out of water.

Right back is up for grabs. Up to him to cement his place.

JimBHibees
03-09-2019, 06:18 AM
Solid athletic and physical right back who is a decent signing however bit like the Middleton signing after Newell was here seems a little odd given Tom James coming back to fitness and SDG be back round xmas. Seems a little contradictory.

Welcome Jason.

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 06:31 AM
Welcome Jason. He was excellent at County before his move down south. Excited about this signing. :flag:

mayo hibee
03-09-2019, 06:34 AM
I have a feeling that none of the last three signings were Hecky picks. Middleton, Naismith and Hallberg aren't his type of player - they might actually have some potential under a better manager.

I wonder if the recruitment team have pulled rank and taken on a greater role in transfers after seeing the mess he made of the transfer window up to that.

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 06:39 AM
I have a feeling that none of the last three signings were Hecky picks. Middleton, Naismith and Hallberg aren't his type of player - they might actually have some potential under a better manager.

I wonder if the recruitment team have pulled rank and taken on a greater role in transfers after seeing the mess he made of the transfer window up to that.

Nah that's nonsense. He's still head coach and as such has full executive control over the signings we make. Player ID staff can't just go and sign players. If you rate a signing made by a manager you don't like, you're allowed to just say that without having a conspiracy theory to justify it.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Nah that's nonsense. He's still head coach and as such has full executive control over the signings we make. Player ID staff can't just go and sign players. If you rate a signing made by a manager you don't like, you're allowed to just say that without having a conspiracy theory to justify it.

Plenty head coaches have stated they don’t sign the players. I agree the last three look the recruitment team.

neil7908
03-09-2019, 06:56 AM
He's a decent addition but still think it's very odd that we'll have 4 right backs in the squad and only 1 left back.

What if Lewis gets a nasty injury?

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Plenty head coaches have stated they don’t sign the players. I agree the last three look the recruitment team.

Aye, but our head coach does sign the players. Comparing the policy at different clubs is pointless IMO because our structure is our own. The club doesn't sign players without the head coach having the final say.

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 06:58 AM
He's a decent addition but still think it's very odd that we'll have 4 right backs in the squad and only 1 left back.

Two of the four can play left back ...

lyonhibs
03-09-2019, 07:01 AM

So the last 3 that you have decided to like, that's likely to have been the recruitment team. The ones already written off as *****, that's Heckingbottom?

Come on! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club Jason. Onwards and upwards.

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Two of the four can play left back ...

True enough. Still, having only one natural lefty at full back is a strange one, but Lewis is very rarely injured (sod's law at the start of this season) so maybe it wasn't prioritised.

Did Naismith ever play left back for County?

B.H.F.C
03-09-2019, 07:07 AM
Other than knowing he played for St Mirren and Ross County I couldn’t tell you the first thing about him as a player.

He’ll need to have something about him to even look half decent the way we leave our full backs totally exposed.

danhibees1875
03-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a good signing. Welcome to Hibs. :aok:

Since452
03-09-2019, 07:21 AM
If we have an option to make it permanent I'd be delighted

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:45 AM
So the last 3 that you have decided to like, that's likely to have been the recruitment team. The ones already written off as *****, that's Heckingbottom?

Come on! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club Jason. Onwards and upwards.

The last three signings look different from the rest, yes. Just like Kamberi Jamie Mac and a few other signings looked different from the normal Lennon signings. If they are ***** as the others then I will still think the same.

MacGruber
03-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Other than knowing he played for St Mirren and Ross County I couldn’t tell you the first thing about him as a player.

He’ll need to have something about him to even look half decent the way we leave our full backs totally exposed.

We didn't need another right back before other problem positions.

That said I think he is an excellent player at our level. Stood out for both St Mirren and County before his move South. Very athletic guy, David Gray like tenacity, solid in the tackle, good pace. Wanted Hibs to go in for him before.

coldingham hibs
03-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Welcome Jason, I can’t remember what your like as a footballer but doing the basics well will be a start.

Heisenberg
03-09-2019, 07:57 AM
He’s currently injured. Ideal.

California-Hibs
03-09-2019, 08:06 AM

Is that right? Injury/how long is he out?

Carheenlea
03-09-2019, 08:10 AM

Surely not?

JohnMcM
03-09-2019, 08:11 AM

What?!?

You're at the wind-up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, aren't you?:worried::worried:

Heisenberg
03-09-2019, 08:15 AM
https://www.theposh.com/news/2019/september/defender-heads-north-of-the-border/

Apparently only short term, but still injured. Think he has had a full pre season etc so should be match fit when he’s back.

Anthony Soprano
03-09-2019, 08:20 AM

Yeah i thought that too

Anthony Soprano
03-09-2019, 08:21 AM

James can play left back

gorgie greens
03-09-2019, 09:05 AM
This is a signing I'd be pleased with us making even if Gray was fit. From what I remember he's hard as nails in the tackle, something that's desperately been missing from the backline

can he play CDM as were lacking a tough tackling midfielder :aok:

neil7908
03-09-2019, 09:58 AM
James can play left back

But he, like Whittaker is right footed and its rare to see someone play with their wrong foot in that position. Otherwise at least play there and do it well.

It just seems weird. We presumably don't trust James and Whittaker to be our first choice right backs but don't mind them playing half a season at left back if Lewis got a bad injury.

Smartie
03-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Funnily enough, amongst all of the negativity I reckon this could be an absolutely cracking signing.

The fans of his previous clubs have only ever said very good things about him and that tends to count for something.

500miles
03-09-2019, 12:19 PM
SJM approves this signing.

CMurdoch
03-09-2019, 12:40 PM
This is one of the reasons we should not have renewed David Gray's contract for more than a season at a time.
Naismith would have been a perfect replacement. Equally as hard but a younger and sturdier model.

IMO the guys that play well in Scotland and then move to England are the ones we should be going for rather than the the no Scottish experience guys Hecky went for.
Naismith and O'Hara who has been loaned to Motherwell are players i would have liked Hibs to have signed when they were moving on from their Scottish clubs.
Both have now been loaned to Scottish teams after a season down there. The parent club for both are keen hooverer uperers of such players from impoverished Scottish clubs. Scottish teams are hindered in the signing of such players by having to pay development fees which the English teams don't have to pay which makes them attractive purchases.

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 12:42 PM
This is one of the reasons we should not have renewed David Gray's contract for more than a season at a time.
Naismith would have been a perfect replacement. Equally as hard but a younger and sturdier model.

The guys that play well in Scotland and then move to England are the ones we should be going for rather than lower league guys with no Scottish experience.
Naismith and O'Hara who has been loaned to Motherwell are players i would have liked Hibs to have signed when they were moving on from their Scottish clubs.
Both have now been loaned to Scottish teams by Peterboro who are keen hooverer uperers of such players.

But Gray’s contract was extended to keep him with a role at the club - he is not expected to play for the duration of it ...he is a great pro, and a defining player in our history - I hope he stays as long as he wants to

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Apparently only short term, but still injured. Think he has had a full pre season etc so should be match fit when he’s back.

Theres a surprise

ekhibee
03-09-2019, 12:51 PM

I remember him when he was playing up here, he's a good solid pro, and he's scored a goal or 2 as well. But injured? How long's he out for? I can never understand why managers sign injured players, mind you, it didn't stop Arsenal I suppose..

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 12:54 PM
I remember him when he was playing up here, he's a good solid pro, and he's scored a goal or 2 as well. But injured? How long's he out for? I can never understand why managers sign injured players, mind you, it didn't stop Arsenal I suppose..

Short term injury. Sunderland and the sheep wanted him last summer. He will definitely do a job and make us more solid on the right hand side of the park.

Iggy Pope
03-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Completing the formalities in numerous locations you say? I smell car chases and phone boxes.

Keith_M
03-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Jason. Hopefully see you start a week on Saturday.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Just watched the video. Looks like he’ll be fit for Killie a week on Saturday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4TUVYXjmZs

The_Horde
04-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Just watched the video. Looks like he’ll be fit for Killie a week on Saturday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4TUVYXjmZs

He reminds me (as a person) as a bit of a mix between SJM and James Mcpake

thegaffer12
04-09-2019, 07:37 PM
How can he pass a medical if he's injured?

Since452
04-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Exactly the right kind of player and character we need. He'll be a great addition.

Allant1981
04-09-2019, 07:56 PM
How can he pass a medical if he's injured?

Loads of players pass a medical when injured, they will take everything into consideration not just the current injury, you could be out with a broken toe for example but easily pass a medical

thegaffer12
04-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Loads of players pass a medical when injured, they will take everything into consideration not just the current injury, you could be out with a broken toe for example but easily pass a medical

Ah I see, makes sense. Cheers!

ekhibee
04-09-2019, 08:42 PM

If that were really true, then what's the point in having a medical in the first place? Plenty of people fail medicals as well.

thegaffer12
04-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Have spoken to a Peterborough fan, apparently a very similar style of player to Gray.

Cabbage East
04-09-2019, 09:14 PM
If that were really true, then what's the point in having a medical in the first place? Plenty of people fail medicals as well.

To identify long term issues rather than short term injuries. And believe it or not, certain teams do it to appease the support.

Smartie
04-09-2019, 10:52 PM
They're a handsome bunch these new boys.

Next year's calendar could be popular.

I thought Mrs Smartie would be impressed at my preparedness to acknowledge the pleasing physical features of other men and possibly ask me to sit down with her and tell her a bit more about each of them but unfortunately it went very much the other way.

She's concerned.

Unseen work
04-09-2019, 11:29 PM
He is a very good and a very “hibs” style signing.

Good age, understand the size and demands of the club, full of energy and will play with his heart on his sleeve. Will drive us on from defence and bomb down the line.

California-Hibs
04-09-2019, 11:42 PM
He's raring to go for the Kilmarnock game so the injury is a non story thankfully. Really looking forward to seeing this guy play

JimBHibees
05-09-2019, 05:23 AM

I thought Mrs Smartie would be impressed at my preparedness to acknowledge the pleasing physical features of other men and possibly ask me to sit down with her and tell her a bit more about each of them but unfortunately it went very much the other way.

She's concerned.

:faf: :greengrin

houstonhibbee
05-09-2019, 05:32 AM

She's concerned.
Should we be as well....

Allant1981
05-09-2019, 06:25 AM

Identifies other issues, not just the current injury, tierney for example passed his medical for arsenal whilst out injured