PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEAN MACKIE AGREES SEASON-LONG LOAN

RSS Bot
02-09-2019, 11:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10263)

CMurdoch
02-09-2019, 11:20 PM
Take us with you Sean.
It's dark here......................

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Take us with you Sean.
It's dark here......................

https://youtu.be/993o4UCzLgE

#2 Double Tap
02-09-2019, 11:28 PM
we look forward to you coming back stronger!

Slim Shady
03-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Who do we have that can fill in at LB should Lewis get injured?

I really like Mackie, hope he plays most weeks and develops into a great player for us. I’d have like to see him nurture with our own team though.

kaimendhibs
03-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Good luck to the lad but wish we hadn't loaned him out

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Since452
03-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Brilliant move for him

lucky
03-09-2019, 06:54 AM
Strange decision by Hibs. We have 1 left back but 4 right backs. Then again Heckys at the wheel

jacomo
03-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Who do we have that can fill in at LB should Lewis get injured?

I really like Mackie, hope he plays most weeks and develops into a great player for us. I’d have like to see him nurture with our own team though.

I like him in midfield too... certainly more solid than what we’ve had recently.

Tarrahib
03-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Brilliant move for him
Yes I agree.
He should get plenty of game time there with no hassle from our keyboard assassins.
Good luck Sean. Come back soon.

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Yes,I hope he gets plenty of game time. He should not get any more hassle on here from the keyboard assassins.
Come back soon Sean .

What hassle?

Sean Mackie is highly rated by most hibbies

Looks like he is being made a scapegoat for Ibrox

Hope it works out for him he plays loads of games and comes back all the better for it

Best wishes to him

Haste ye back!

Vault Boy
03-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Here's hoping he nails down a regular starting position. A good club for him to develop at, good luck Sean.

SquashedFrogg
03-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Strange decision by Hibs. We have 1 left back but 4 right backs. Then again Hecky at the wheel

No we don't. Then again, let's blame Hecky.

04Sauzee
03-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Great move to get some game time in a very good league. Hope does well and comes back ready to make the Left Back spot his own.

Carheenlea
03-09-2019, 07:40 AM
We’ve always got Hanlon for cover at left back if need be :hyper

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:41 AM
What hassle?

Hope it works out for him he plays loads of games and comes back all the better for it

Best wishes to him

Haste ye back!

This.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:42 AM
No we don't. Then again, let's blame Hecky.

How many left backs are in the squad then? Gray James Whittaker and Naismith are all right backs.

SquashedFrogg
03-09-2019, 07:44 AM
How many left backs are in the squad then? Gray James Whittaker and Naismith are all right backs.

Can all comfortably play on the left. Ok, maybe not Gray.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Can all comfortably play on the left. Ok, maybe not Gray.

They are not left backs and no, they can’t all comfortably play there and shouldn’t need to as there should be cover for a player who’s already been injured this season instead of switching shop again.

MagicSwirlingShip
03-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Hope he gets plenty games and comes back the better player. Mentioned on another thread - is there any younger LB’s coming through the development squad that might have impressed the management?

SquashedFrogg
03-09-2019, 07:54 AM
They are not left backs and no, they can’t all comfortably play there and shouldn’t need to as there should be cover for a player who’s already been injured this season instead of switching shop again.

Ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that then.

I'd also suggest there are a variety of reasons for him going out on loan.

We don't see what others see day to day. Maybe he needs a dose of reality? Maybe he's just not that good? Could also have been the player himself who pushed for a loan?

Nobody knows. For me though, I'm not looking at left back as an area of concern.

04Sauzee
03-09-2019, 07:58 AM

We don't see what others see day to day. Maybe he needs a dose of reality? Maybe he's just not that good? Could also have been the player himself who pushed for a loan?

Nobody knows. For me though, I'm not looking at left back as an area of concern.

It amazes me that people arent concerned we only have one left footed centre half but are concerned we have several right backs comfortable at left back. People were desperate for us to sign Ambrose. I think this loan deal will be good for Mackie. Should give us a good indication if he's good wnough for the step uo which i hope he is

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 08:08 AM

Don’t get me wrong I think the loan is good for him my concern is playing a right back at left back if Stevenson gets injured again.

SquashedFrogg
03-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Don’t get me wrong I think the loan is good for him my concern is playing a right back at left back if Stevenson gets injured again.

Fair enough. See where you're coming from though. I guess there's a little bit of a gamble in terms of keeping Stevenson fit. If he fixes middle to front we won't need a left back 😀

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Fair enough. See where you're coming from though. I guess there's a little bit of a gamble in terms of keeping Stevenson fit. If he fixes middle to front we won't need a left back 😀

If we fix that then it’s a miracle. Let’s hope so though 👍

Carheenlea
03-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Rather than working on introducing our academy players to the first team we opt for lower league journeymen instead. Alarm bells are ringing - we’ve been at this party before and this isn’t going to end well.

hibbie02
03-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Rather than working on introducing our academy players to the first team we opt for lower league journeymen instead. Alarm bells are ringing - we’ve been at this party before and this isn’t going to end well.

Totally agree. We have two good players in Mackie and Murray. Would rather see them get their game time in our midfield than the dross Hecky seems to have dug up. I see no point in bringing in people like Newell in front of these 2. A midfield of Mackie, Murray and Allan may not win us a lot of games now, but is a better prospect than some of the efforts Hecky has tried. At least there would be some fight, some bite and some skill. A full season together would set us up for a better season next year.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2019, 09:31 AM
It amazes me that people arent concerned we only have one left footed centre half but are concerned we have several right backs comfortable at left back. People were desperate for us to sign Ambrose. I think this loan deal will be good for Mackie. Should give us a good indication if he's good wnough for the step uo which i hope he is

It shouldn't amaze you, right footers play left centre back all over the world. Liverpool are the current European champions, all 4 of their central defenders are right footed

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 10:17 AM
It shouldn't amaze you, right footers play left centre back all over the world. Liverpool are the current European champions, all 4 of their central defenders are right footed

Ah so the plan is to have three back up right backs not good enough for the position as first choice but they will be totally fine on the other side of the park?

hibeerealist
03-09-2019, 10:21 AM
What hassle?

Best wishes to him

Haste ye back!

I agree Billy, he made a bad decision, he is young and that happens but we should not be shipping the boy out (probably to put the focus for Ibrox debacle on to him OR indeed away from the manager more like). He gave us more than some of the imposters that remain, pity.

hibeerealist
03-09-2019, 10:23 AM

:agree:

pacoluna
03-09-2019, 10:28 AM
If they aren't breaking into this squad they aren't good enough.

Posh Hibby
03-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Not seen it mentioned but is there a clause to end his loan early for us?

If Stevenson gets injured it would be good to be able to bring him back in January.

eastcoasthibby
03-09-2019, 10:35 AM
I think it's the right move for him and us, he has to develop as he has some distinct gaps in his game for this level ! Negative is it leaves is short ...but if it freed up a wage to get Naismith on instead then I am happy ..was it not quotes that James can also cover left back ? I think the Naismith move has potential to be our answer as Gray's replacement !!
I think the reality is that we will be looking for a new left back to come in at the end of this season as a replacement for Lewis or direct real competition ! James will be the competition for the right back berth and possibly give us an option as a wing back ...

CMurdoch
03-09-2019, 11:38 AM
This is the right move for Mackie.
Will get lots of game time and Hibs will get a better idea of his ability level.
Dundee and the Championship is a good fit for him at this stage of his career.
He won't be under the excessive pressure he would be at Hibs and this will allow him time to bridge the gap between development level and the 1st team Premier football.

Smartie
03-09-2019, 11:40 AM
This is the right move for Mackie.
Will get lots of game time and Hibs will get a better idea of his ability level.
Dundee and he Championship is a good fit for him at this stage of his career and he won't be under the excessive pressure he would be at Hibs.
This will allow him time to develop.

I agree with the majority of this post other than the fact that I think he'll be under plenty of pressure to deliver at Dundee.

Which is a good thing.

CMurdoch
03-09-2019, 11:42 AM
I agree with the majority of this post other than the fact that I think he'll be under plenty of pressure to deliver at Dundee.

Which is a good thing.

Plenty of pressure but not top 6 Premier expectation pressure in a struggling team.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Ah so the plan is to have three back up right backs not good enough for the position as first choice but they will be totally fine on the other side of the park?

Who mentioned right backs? I was talking about central defenders.

Remember Adam Eckersleys games for Hibs? He was a back up left back to Lewis. Never played a game. Lewis is incredibly fit, I cant see him missing many matches.

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Who mentioned right backs? I was talking about central defenders.

Remember Adam Eckersleys games for Hibs? He was a back up left back to Lewis. Never played a game. Lewis is incredibly fit, I cant see him missing many matches.

Please stop saying that about Lewis - I love the guy - and can’t help think your talking him into an injury [emoji2][emoji2]

RIP
03-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Isn’t it as simple as we needed one out to accommodate a new signing? Cover at right back being the priority?

The Baldmans Comb
04-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Isn’t it as simple as we needed one out to accommodate a new signing? Cover at right back being the priority?

Exactly. The budget has gone and the order rung out that if you want to strengthen the right back position then get someone else out of the door first of all.

Mackie had already made the breakthrough to the 1st team and was very useful cover down the left side especially for Lewis who is still struggling for fitness and form after a close season write off.

In the last few years successive managers have always tried to get cover in for Lewis. Mackie provided that so why temporarily get rid of him unless you were told to.

Spin kicks in of course but no one saw this coming and Mackie was the make weight to get Nasmyth.

BILLYHIBS
04-09-2019, 06:11 AM
I thought Mackie had done little wrong apart from one crazy moment at Ibrox put his arm out and the ball seemed to strike the top of his shoulder
An instinctive panic
Scott Brown did the exact same thing and gave away a penalty versus Cluj
A season with Dundee where hopefully he will be a starter will do him the world of good

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 06:14 AM
Seems like a good move for Sean hopefully get a lot of games with Dundee.

Brightside
04-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Bottom line is if Lewis is fit, Sean will struggle to even get on the bench. He won’t improve in that situation. A move is best for all long term.

I_Love_Latapy
04-09-2019, 06:56 AM
Bottom line is if Lewis is fit, Sean will struggle to even get on the bench. He won’t improve in that situation. A move is best for all long term.

Agre. No more, no less. Would be surprised if there isn’t a recall clause in the loan contract in case of injury to Lewis.

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 07:08 AM
It’s a great opportunity for Mackie - if he does well and develops , he becomes the successor for Stevenson....

Since452
04-09-2019, 07:41 AM
It’s a great opportunity for Mackie - if he does well and develops , he becomes the successor for Stevenson....

Couldn't think of a better move. It's a pitty we couldn't have sent Shaw there too. Big city club in that division with pressure to win games. Think Sean will benefit greatly from it.

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Couldn't think of a better move. It's a pitty we couldn't have sent Shaw there too. Big city club in that division with pressure to win games. Think Sean will benefit greatly from it.

Not a bad shout that ....Shaw still
Seems to be the best natural finisher we have - need to find a way to get his Co disenfranchised back up ...

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2019, 11:11 AM
I'm still scratching my baldy napper as to why we let Sean go. Thought he was decent cover for Lewis

craigiehibs
04-09-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm still scratching my baldy napper as to why we let Sean go. Thought he was decent cover for Lewis

cash for naismith to sign. we must be really skint despite sts transfer cash in and "rons 1m+" warchest is my take brockie. but.....where has it gone??

craigiehibs
04-09-2019, 11:46 AM
surely cant all have been spent on our new "first picks" when u factor in wages saved from departures?,

bigwheel
04-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Suspect it’s a few things B..

They are perhaps Not expecting him to get much game time here

I think they feel he has a bit of development to do defensively and game awareness to be a first team regular - this will help him

Help Funding of the Naismith move

Feeling with James, Whittaker, Hanlon etc they have about alternative deputies for Lewis ....

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2019, 11:49 AM
cash for naismith to sign. we must be really skint despite sts transfer cash in and "rons 1m+" warchest is my take brockie. but.....where has it gone??

We have signed 10 players, that would be where most of it is.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Suspect it’s a few things B..

They are perhaps Not expecting him to get much game time here

I think they feel he has a bit of development to do defensively and game awareness to be a first team regular - this will help him

Help Funding of the Naismith move

Feeling with James, Whittaker, Hanlon etc they have about alternative deputies for Lewis ....

Would assume that would be the reasoning. Hopefully more game time for Sean and he develops and comes back a better player.

Del Boy
08-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Had an absolute nightmare today on his Dundee debut according to a pal at their game.

The_Horde
08-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Had an absolute nightmare today on his Dundee debut according to a pal at their game.

Looks like they all did.

Squealing pig
08-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Callum booth mark 2 , broke onto scene full of potential , shied out probably never to return, for the record I liked both booth and mackie

MagicSwirlingShip
09-09-2019, 01:21 AM
Callum booth mark 2 , broke onto scene full of potential , shied out probably never to return, for the record I liked both booth and mackie

Written off already. Dear-o

Unseen work
11-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Dundee fans are absolutely slating him after his debut.

I rate Sean so have no doubt he will come good

Paloschi
11-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Good move for him. Talented boy but like Porto and Shaw still very raw and lacks tactical awareness. We clearly have good young players but they don't seem to progress and have elements of their game smoothed out. Shaw is a prime example. There appears to be no clear pathway and players are played ad hoc. Porto is the most talented but we can't just rely on that - football intelligence is where these kids fall down.

Paloschi
11-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Dundee fans are absolutely slating him after his debut.

I rate Sean so have no doubt he will come good

Dundee fans didn't rate Boyle. Hopefully Sean proves them wrong!

3pm
11-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Not sure Dundee is the best club for him. They are a mess and the knives are out for McPake already.

Would have preferred he went to ICT or somewhere like that where things, to an outsider, appear to be more stable.

Did he play as a winger in the game?

Billy Whizz
11-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Not sure Dundee is the best club for him. They are a mess and the knives are out for McPake already.

Would have preferred he went to ICT or somewhere like that where things, to an outsider, appear to be more stable.

Think he played left back

Smartie
11-09-2019, 09:05 AM

I still think it's quite a good place for him to go.

He's not there on holiday, he's there to help improve his team's fortunes and if he's to make it with Hibs he's going to need to be able to deal with pressure.

JimBHibees
11-09-2019, 01:58 PM
I still think it's quite a good place for him to go.

He's not there on holiday, he's there to help improve his team's fortunes and if he's to make it with Hibs he's going to need to be able to deal with pressure.

Agree much better he goes to a team where it is competitive and the expectation is high.