PDA

View Full Version : Longbangers Episode 9: Heath Ledger Sings Maggie May

matty_f
02-09-2019, 10:12 PM
With an hour (or so) to go until the transfer window slams shut etc, we’ve made a podcast the perfect length to kill your time waiting on the “our business is concluded” statement from Hibs.

✅ Transfer Deadline Day
✅ Heckingbottom
✅ Motherwell misery
✅ Swedgers
✅ Hibs karaoke
✅ Snack of the week
And MORE!
ITunes
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560#episodeGuid=645ab129-cba6-d8d5-36e7-845d284c6469

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7cjvMSAhGu8vYKGEpsVUW0?si=SnWJhGz1QUuqpCanolbxjg

We’ve even put it on YouTube!
https://youtu.be/RObc7vJq8OA

Squirrel 1875
02-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Swedgers? Is this podcast about promoting class a drugs? Edgy.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Heath ledgers

matty_f
02-09-2019, 10:30 PM

Just say no. :aok:

There’s no promotion of taking drugs, for the avoidance of doubt.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2019, 06:40 AM

Drugs are bad, mmmmmkay.

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Very good lads.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Nae Paul Kane chat then? :greengrin

matty_f
03-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Nae Paul Kane chat then? :greengrin

We left that to the professionals!! :greengrin

matty_f
03-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Very good lads.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 08:08 AM
We left that to the professionals!! :greengrin

:greengrin

The Captain....
03-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Good listen..matty beginning to emerge as the heir apparent to Bob Monkhouse I feel.

Also if the season continues as is I'll be tapping him up for his supplier and geting back on the Christian Bentekes.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

matty_f
03-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Good listen..matty beginning to emerge as the heir apparent to Bob Monkhouse I feel.

Also if the season continues as is I'll be tapping him up for his supplier and geting back on the Christian Bentekes.

Well Bob Mortimer is a hero of mine, which is close enough, so I'll take that as high praise indeed. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Dare I ask what role I’ve taken on 😂🙈

matty_f
03-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Dare I ask what role I’ve taken on 😂🙈

George Dawes. :greengrin

As an aside, we're looking for suggestions on what songs each player would have as their karaoke speciality, for instance- Marciano would sing Eye of the Tiger, Hecky would sing The Great Pretender etc..

Give us some suggestions, please!

DaveF
03-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Song for players?

Our midfield could do 'walk on by'

bigwheel
03-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Song for players?

[emoji2][emoji122][emoji122]

matty_f
03-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Song for players?

:faf:

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Ron Gordon to Hecky hopefully after Killie “Sunday Morning call”

matty_f
03-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Ron Gordon to Hecky hopefully after Killie “Sunday Morning call”

I'm hoping Ron Gordon is more of a 'Masterplan' kinda guy.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Aye none of this stand by me *****.

Smartie
03-09-2019, 11:38 AM

If we could have "Drop the Boy" sung by someone to Heckingbottom with reference to Steve Mallan then that would be lovely, thank you.

matty_f
03-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Heckingbottom singing "Can't Stand Me Now" :greengrin

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 11:52 AM
😂😂

Smartie
03-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Martin Boyle - "Whippet".

https://youtu.be/j_QLzthSkfM

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Heckingbottom singing "Can't Stand Me Now" :greengrin

Hecky to the fans “you can’t touch this”

matty_f
03-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Martin Boyle - "Whippet".

https://youtu.be/j_QLzthSkfM

:greengrin

Lewis Stevenson - It Takes Two (cups).

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 07:29 PM
David Gray (sending us all to) Babylon after the final whistle on the pitch.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-09-2019, 05:26 AM
Hibs fans - Snow Patrol - “Just Say Press”

MSK
04-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Throw the warped wheel out (Fiction Factory) cos its ****ing wonky !!!

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 06:06 AM
Podcast was good, enjoyed that. A good mix of humour and footy discussion.

Think the Chesser Inn is now a Pepe's. :greengrin

hibsbollah
04-09-2019, 07:35 AM
I used to frequent Chessers, pal lived across the road and it was convenient for a short 'recuperation' while waiting for the bus back to town. Most of the regulars were 60+, not the kind of place I'd imagine seeing Matty peaking on disco biscuits. You live and learn.

BILLYHIBS
04-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Brilliant!

Glad I am not the only one that is starting to get ANGRY was in my bed at 9.00 pm on Saturday :grr:

I honestly do not think Hecky has recovered from losing out on Ojo. :confused:

Once the fans stop booing and start singing “Hecky Out”it is time to go

Hopefully it won’t come to that he still has time but not a lot

Anyway song for Rocky:

“You need hands” by Max Bygreaves

Oh thanks for downloading your podcast to YouTube

:thumbsup:

The 90+2
04-09-2019, 07:38 AM
I used to frequent Chessers, pal lived across the road and it was convenient for a short 'recuperation' while waiting for the bus back to town. Most of the regulars were 60+, not the kind of place I'd imagine seeing Matty peaking on disco biscuits. You live and learn.

😂 used to go every Sunday when played for the pub team. Mental days and I never realised it was Matty up on the Mic giving it his MC Banger every Sunday night.

jeffers
04-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Another really enjoyable listen.

When I saw you'd put it up on YouTube too I thought you'd maybe upgraded your equipment and we were getting video of the two of you. It's been a traumatic few weeks as a Hibby, so we're maybe not quite ready for that :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
04-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Used to go to The Chesser every Sunday night back in the day for the Sweet Inspiration Disco

Anyway coming back from the League Cup Final following the 3-0 drubbing by Aberdeen 1985/86 we asked the Supporters Bus to let us off at the Chesser Inn

Willie Allan said to us “Sorry Boys no club colours” George Stewart appeared behind him still wearing his HIBS Blazer and tie and said it is “ OK Willie” He went on to tell us loads of stories about his playing career and how much he loved HIBS and how he was dying to sign for HIBS when he was with Dundee
He also mentioned the third game versus Rangers in the 1979 Scottish Cup Final when Arthur Duncan scored the own goal from a Davie Cooper cross to make it 2-3 Arthur turned to him and said “ Sorry George” George Stewart said to us I said “Don’t worry about it Arthur” but I felt like knocking his block off! :greengrin

A brilliant guy and a dyed in the wool Hibby!

hibsbollah
04-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Used to go to The Chesser every Sunday night back in the day for the Sweet Inspiration Disco

Anyway coming back from the League Cup Final following the 3-0 drubbing by Aberdeen 1985/86 we asked the Supporters Bus to let us off at the Chesser Inn

Willie Allan said to us “Sorry Boys no club colours” George Stewart appeared behind him still wearing his HIBS Blazer and tie and said it is “ OK Willie” He went on to tell us loads of stories about his playing career and how much he loved HIBS and how he was dying to sign for HIBS when he was with Dundee
He also mentioned the third game versus Rangers in the 1979 Scottish Cup Final when Arthur Duncan scored the own goal from a Davie Cooper cross to make it 2-3 Arthur turned to him and said “ Sorry George” George Stewart said to us I said “Don’t worry about it Arthur” but I felt like knocking his block off! :greengrin

Great story:aok:

I'd support a campaign for the return of The Chesser complete with Sweet Inspiration Disco, Matty as MC (I'm thinking throwing shapes like Bez from Happy Mondays), grumpy auld Saughton gadgies playing dominoes over a 'No Club Colours' sign on the bar and me playing the puggy waiting for the #7 bus.

Good times gone forever.

BILLYHIBS
04-09-2019, 08:50 AM

I'd support a campaign for the return of The Chesser complete with Sweet Inspiration Disco, Matty as MC (I'm thinking throwing shapes like Bez from Happy Mondays), grumpy auld Saughton gadgies playing dominoes over a 'No Club Colours' sign on the bar and me playing the puggy waiting for the #7 bus.

Good times gone forever.

Ha Ha!

When I moved up to Liberton Shona the Manageress from the Chesser followed me up to the Liberton Inn

There is no escape!

But that is another story :greengrin

MSK
04-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Ha Ha!

When I moved up to Liberton Shona the Manageress from the Chesser followed me up to the Liberton Inn

There is no escape!

But that is another story :greengrinI knew Shona too from delivering beer to those establishments, Shona, like most managers at Tennents Taverns rotated around their pubs, some of the older heids like May Jack (I think her name was) managed to keep hold of the Wheatsheaf for a long time though

matty_f
04-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Podcast was good, enjoyed that. A good mix of humour and footy discussion.

Think the Chesser Inn is now a Pepe's. :greengrin

Nice one Jim, thanks for the feedback. I've not been down that way in ages, my evening in the Chesser Inn was the one and only time I was in there. :greengrin

matty_f
04-09-2019, 09:45 AM

I never imagined myself in there either, to be fair - and definitely not belting out the hits!

matty_f
04-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Brilliant!

Glad I am not the only one that is starting to get ANGRY was in my bed at 9.00 pm on Saturday :grr:

I honestly do not think Hecky has recovered from losing out on Ojo. :confused:

Once the fans stop booing and start singing “Hecky Out”it is time to go

Hopefully it won’t come to that he still has time but not a lot

Anyway song for Rocky:

“You need hands” by Max Bygreaves

Oh thanks for downloading your podcast to YouTube

:thumbsup:

Good song choice!

You have no idea how long it took to get it onto Youtube!! I think we've had a total of 3 views on it - well worth the many hours spent :faf:

Thanks for listening and giving the feedback - we really appreciate it mate!

matty_f
04-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Another really enjoyable listen.

When I saw you'd put it up on YouTube too I thought you'd maybe upgraded your equipment and we were getting video of the two of you. It's been a traumatic few weeks as a Hibby, so we're maybe not quite ready for that :greengrin

I definitely have a face more suited for the radio :greengrin

I think if Brian and I did the podcasts in the same room as each other then we might consider filming it to post on Youtube, but I don't know how it would work doing it remotely.

The Mrs thinks I should get it animated like the Ricky Gervais one, on no budget, of course. :faf:

The 90+2
04-09-2019, 10:02 AM

I think if Brian and I did the podcasts in the same room as each other then we might consider filming it to post on Youtube, but I don't know how it would work doing it remotely.

The Mrs thinks I should get it animated like the Ricky Gervais one, on no budget, of course. :faf:

Can’t you just make a quick video every week of the topics and have the picture change when a topic finishes?

matty_f
04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Can’t you just make a quick video every week of the topics and have the picture change when a topic finishes?

Aye... em... that sounds easy. :greengrin

I could try that actually. Could imagine it might take a while but could be pretty funny. Has potential.

matty_f
05-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Not sure how much of a prize this is :greengrin but we’re offering up the chance to come on next week’s podcast where we’ll be discussing what’s going wrong at Hibs and what we’d do to fix it.

You just need to follow our Twitter and retweet this:

https://twitter.com/longbangers/status/1169627167480778752?s=21

#2 Double Tap
05-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Not sure how much of a prize this is :greengrin but we’re offering up the chance to come on next week’s podcast where we’ll be discussing what’s going wrong at Hibs and what we’d do to fix it.

You just need to follow our Twitter and retweet this:

https://twitter.com/longbangers/status/1169627167480778752?s=21 (https://twitter.com/longbangers/status/1169627167480778752?s=21)

i thinks you should get that callum and blackpool guy on, for a midweek special, that show would probly get you trending on youtube and twitter.......those two need a clear the air, or charity bare knuckle boxing match:greengrin hahaha

jeffers
05-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Aaaw I just assumed you were together when you recorded them.

matty_f
05-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Aaaw I just assumed you were together when you recorded them.

We’ve never even met!

jeffers
05-09-2019, 06:25 PM
We’ve never even met!

That's a surprise, even just a meet at a match. The suspense would be killing me. Just think of the chemistry if you ever did.

#MattymeetPedantic

bigwheel
05-09-2019, 06:35 PM
That's a surprise, even just a meet at a match. The suspense would be killing me. Just think of the chemistry if you ever did.

#MattymeetPedantic

Cue soft bromance music as they run to greet each other. [emoji23][emoji106]

jeffers
05-09-2019, 06:40 PM

:hug:

matty_f
05-09-2019, 07:06 PM

I’m good at slow motion running already!

bigwheel
05-09-2019, 07:10 PM
I’m good at slow motion running already!

So is our defence [emoji6]. Let’s not go there ! Keep up the love in - you’re like a Hibee version of the Morecambe and Wise ...

Pedantic_Hibee
05-09-2019, 09:26 PM
We’ve never even met!

They always say you should never meet your heroes....

bigwheel
05-09-2019, 09:35 PM
They always say you should never meet your heroes....

Get a room [emoji6][emoji23]

The 90+2
06-09-2019, 12:35 AM

End of season special. We need to get the Nip to sponsor the show have themes on former Hibees and everyone meets up at the end of the season/year for a live broadcast. I’ll ask Andy if you want Matty just PM me.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-09-2019, 06:41 AM
End of season special. We need to get the Nip to sponsor the show have themes on former Hibees and everyone meets up at the end of the season/year for a live broadcast. I’ll ask Andy if you want Matty just PM me.

And then I finally get outed for being a cross-dresser. Count me in 💃

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Anychance we can get dougan and brockie on?

matty_f
06-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Anychance we can get dougan and brockie on?

Depends if they want to come on!

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 12:32 PM
dougan is such a gent

Pedantic_Hibee
07-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Is yon Brockie lad no quite miserable?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2019, 01:46 PM

Good times gone forever.

You'd still be waiting there now for a 7 back into town!

hibsbollah
07-09-2019, 01:51 PM
You'd still be waiting there now for a 7 back into town!

Or was it the 3? Long time ago, and I was usually three sheets to the wind.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Or was it the 3? Long time ago, and I was usually three sheets to the wind.

Aye, that's more like it, you could've nipped over to Derbies (sp?) while you were waiting! 🍺

Iggy Pope
08-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Still retains his undying love for the Hibs but he didn’t look well in the video he sent to Pats do last night.
Get well soon Big Dode.

BILLYHIBS
09-09-2019, 04:56 AM
Still retains his undying love for the Hibs but he didn’t look well in the video he sent to Pats do last night.
Get well soon Big Dode.

Agree I was there and thought the exact same

Get well soon Dode

KDY Hibs
10-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Another great listen!