PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Under 18's Tonight verus Edinburgh City 20's

Davy Mac
02-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Went up to freezing EM tonight and watched a young Hibs team get beat 4-3 but really impressed with, I think Stephen Bradley, he wore number 11.

The way this fella was playing tonight, he could walk into the team, great prospect and apologies if it's not him.

Greencore
02-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Went up to freezing EM tonight and watched a young Hibs team get beat 4-3 but really impressed with, I think Stephen Bradley, he wore number 11.

The way this fella was playing tonight, he could walk into the team, great prospect and apologies if it's not him. he will probably get signed up by the ugly bunch or head down to England. Normally happens to our best youngsters.

CapitalGreen
02-09-2019, 10:17 PM
he will probably get signed up by the ugly bunch or head down to England. Normally happens to our best youngsters.

He only signed a month or so back, we’ve literally just poached him from another teams academy ourselves.

Greencore
02-09-2019, 10:20 PM
He only signed a month or so back, we’ve literally just poached him from another teams academy ourselves.

Great news. Nice to see us doing this for a change.

Golden Bear
03-09-2019, 04:39 PM
he will probably get signed up by the ugly bunch or head down to England. Normally happens to our best youngsters.

Yet another derogative comment about Hibs from the last of the Lennonites.

I think you should pack your bags and head West.

Iggy Pope
03-09-2019, 04:58 PM

The way this fella was playing tonight, he could walk into the team, great prospect and apologies if it's not him.

He was good at Tranent too but he gets called Stephen Elder too.
Did you notice if big Mo did a programme last night?

PaulSmith
03-09-2019, 05:03 PM

“The Last of the Lennonites”

When’s it out and who’s in it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 05:15 PM

It’s not derogatory at all. Josh McPake is the example of them taking all the best players then moan about lack of competition.

strummbo
03-09-2019, 05:22 PM
It’s not derogatory at all. Josh McPake is the example of them taking all the best players then moan about lack of competition.

he's a product of rangers academy no?

PaulSmith
03-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Keiran McGrath and Jack Adamson a year or two back as well.

Will we see Jayden Fairley and Josh O’Connor stay or will they see that it’s worth taking a risk elsewhere at a bigger club as the focus of this club seems a million miles away from giving teenagers a run of games...

PaulSmith
03-09-2019, 05:23 PM
he's a product of rangers academy no?

Absolutely not, joined rangers from Hibs c18 months ago

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Keiran McGrath and Jack Adamson a year or two back as well.

Will we see Jayden Fairley and Josh O’Connor stay or will they see that it’s worth taking a risk elsewhere at a bigger club as the focus of this club seems a million miles away from giving teenagers a run of games...

Hope they stay but you’re spot on.

PaulSmith
03-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Got to hope so but what we have to offer is now much less attractive to lads who in years gone by would’ve stayed.

We don’t have a dedicated performance school
We don’t have indoor training
We aren’t able to evidence <18’s getting anywhere near the first team
We aren’t financially able to match wages on offer as well

What we do have is some great coaches and we’re still a high profile club but IMO we haven’t done anywhere enough in this area to keep up.

I’m sure GC has a strategy somewhere but he’s been at the helm now for 5 years so we should see the fruits of his labour and vision soon.

Brightside
03-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Got to hope so but what we have to offer is now much less attractive to lads who in years gone by would’ve stayed.

We don’t have a dedicated performance school
We don’t have indoor training
We aren’t able to evidence <18’s getting anywhere near the first team
We aren’t financially able to match wages on offer as well

What we do have is some great coaches and we’re still a high profile club but IMO we haven’t done anywhere enough in this area to keep up.

I’m sure GC has a strategy somewhere but he’s been at the helm now for 5 years so we should see the fruits of his labour and vision soon.

The lack of Perf School is just daft and Ive no idea what's stopping us.

Davy Mac
03-09-2019, 06:27 PM
He was good at Tranent too but he gets called Stephen Elder too.
Did you notice if big Mo did a programme last night?

Sorry, didn't notice although there was a lot of training activity with Gareth Evans etc.

The young blonde lad, Kieran I think is a wee terrier and really impressed with a guy called Jack who played through the middle, watched them grow through the ranks so its good to see they are getting there.

Glad they have replaced the ageing surface and looks much more professional.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 06:36 PM
The lack of Perf School is just daft and Ive no idea what's stopping us.

Yep, it’s a fantastic idea and plenty high schools we could get together with.

Future17
03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Absolutely not, joined rangers from Hibs c18 months ago

He moved over four years ago.

HibeeBigFly
03-09-2019, 11:31 PM
I would like to see more of our youngest involved with the first team. Just watching La Liga highlights and Barca brought on a 16 year old. Atleti and Sevilla also pushing more young players into action. If elite teams are doing it what is stopping us?

c31
03-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Not enough talent come through due to the pathetic setup in Scotland.
I watched an U14 game at Lanark racecourse a couple of weeks ago. Some of the coaches were more interested in getting their kids to be physical and trying to fight with the opponent coaches. It was an embarrassment.. Some of the parents should have been arrested as well. No wonder Scotland’s kids are miles behind.
Worst I’ve ever seen was an U13 game between Armadale & Blackburn last year, some of the kids were in tears...
Disgusting...

CMurdoch
04-09-2019, 12:47 AM
I would like to see more of our youngest involved with the first team. Just watching La Liga highlights and Barca brought on a 16 year old. Atleti and Sevilla also pushing more young players into action. If elite teams are doing it what is stopping us?

Because the elite teams have all the elite youngsters having chored them from the non elite teams