PDA

View Full Version : 10th, 11th or 12th? Where will Hecky have us at Christmas...

Springbank
02-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Sorry, terrible transfer window (Scott Allan apart)
Got rid of Marv.
Soft middle, short up top, slow in defence
I cant see us being anywhere north of 10th at Christmas & would not rule out 12th.
We're stuck til the next window, so where will we be at Cheistmas - and if you think I'm way out of line please do say - but tell me why you think I'm wrong (will porteous & James save us at the back? Will doidge come good)

I hope im wrong

But im saying 11th at Christmas

Iain G
02-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Fifth 👍

houstonhibbee
02-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Got rid of Marv.
I cant see us being anywhere north of 10th at Christmas & would not rule out 12th.
We're stuck til the next window, so where will we be at Cheistmas - and if you think I'm way out of line please do say - but tell me why you think I'm wrong (will porteous & James save us at the back? Will doidge come good)

I hope im wrong

Your wrong because he won’t be at hibs then

Since452
02-09-2019, 04:21 PM
We wont be any lower than 8th

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 04:22 PM
If he's still here then probably about 6th or 7th, since he's nowhere near as bad a manager as folk like to make him out to be.

Barney McGrew
02-09-2019, 04:23 PM
He’ll be long gone by Christmas

bingo70
02-09-2019, 04:26 PM
We wont be any lower than 8th

I’m not sure I see 4 teams worse than us just now.

Tough run of fixtures coming up and a midfield without a midfielder that can tackle I suspect we’ll be lower than 8th when Heckingbottom is sacked.

Springbank
02-09-2019, 04:29 PM
I like the positivity of 5th & 8th
Who would we be above? Hamilton? Maybe the two saints? County? Not sure as weve played 2 already & the others have plenty spirit.

Jim44
02-09-2019, 04:53 PM
It depresses me to say I would be satisfied/relieved to be in 9th or higher at the end of the season.

PH91
02-09-2019, 04:54 PM
I predict that there wont be much between 5th and 9th and we will be in that mix.

Hecky will still be manager.

A large proportion of our support will still want him gone.

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 04:55 PM
10th

allezsauzee
02-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Where have all the yam obsessives gone? They could be cheering us all up by pointing out that they are 2 places and 2 points behind us. I'll go for 6th place by Christmas.

flash
02-09-2019, 04:57 PM
I will be pessimistic and say 6th. I think we will improve but I think we would improve even more with a balanced squad and a new manager.

CMurdoch
02-09-2019, 06:15 PM
6th based on we have to get our **** together at some point.

Greencore
02-09-2019, 06:16 PM
8th at the lowest. 6th the highest.

Springbank
02-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Where have all the yam obsessives gone? They could be cheering us all up by pointing out that they are 2 places and 2 points behind us. I'll go for 6th place by Christmas.

Worry that their 'seasoned pros' like Naismith halkett Berra Whelan will be up for the derby & leapfrog our hecky's league 2 dream team. Hope I'm wrong. But I've seen the movie too many times before and really resent the fact LD and co seem to be happy to take a derby pumping rather than do the decent thing. The lad has to go

Scorrie
02-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I think probably 10th

Nicho87
02-09-2019, 09:16 PM
I’ll say an optimistic 10th.

Hibee Mac
02-09-2019, 09:19 PM
The longer we continue to play relegation fodder like Mallan in midfield we'll be there or thereabouts.

mcfly
02-09-2019, 09:21 PM
He will be gone if he loses the derby - pressure from the fans will be too intense.

Nicho87
02-09-2019, 09:23 PM
The best bit news which would genuinely excite me is if hecky was gone. Stubbs in on a rolling contract 1 year deal. Players he have are still not good enough, but at least he will get them playing a brand of football which is what we’re meant to be all about.

Squirrel 1875
02-09-2019, 09:25 PM
10th if he is still here.

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2019, 09:33 PM
Nothing close to relegation, those suggestions are hilarious

Brightside
02-09-2019, 09:34 PM
4th

Baader
02-09-2019, 10:59 PM
I really don't think he will be managing us come Christmas.

Forza Fred
03-09-2019, 12:09 AM
It’s where we will be at the end of September I’m worried about, never mind Christmas.

Hi Heid Yin
03-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Despite Hecking bottom failing us miserably, other teams are just as bad if not worse, so he will have us hovering around 7th/8th at Christmas.

And come the seasons end if it were not for these other poor teams, Hecks would have us in a relegation dog-fight.

The thought of him being here at the end of September :brickwall depresses me, never mind Christmas.

DetroitHibs
03-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Seriously, when was the last time Motherwell hosed all over us like that. Yes they’ve beaten us many a time, but never can I remember a time when they truly pumped us and it could have been even more. If that doesn’t set alarm bells ringing, then what does? That wasn’t a defeat, that was a pumping from a team with a smaller budget and fan base than ours.

tonyrougier123
03-09-2019, 01:29 AM
No hastie,cadden,ariyibi or turnbull either.
They had to rebuild from those guys and managed to look like a team,a hungry energetic team.

DetroitHibs
03-09-2019, 01:47 AM
No hastie,cadden,ariyibi or turnbull either.
They had to rebuild from those guys and managed to look like a team,a hungry energetic team.

They were still high pressing us deep in to the second half with four bodies all closing down our defense. Almost scored from it too, after a slack backpass.

bingo70
03-09-2019, 05:42 AM
Nothing close to relegation, those suggestions are hilarious

“Too good to go down”

Looks like you’ve not learned anything from the year we went down, there’s also similarities with the Dundee Utd side that got relegated a few years ago.

Right now, we’re conceding too many, to stop us scoring you just have to stop Scott Allan, we are slow, got no leaders and we don’t have a midfield that is up for any sort of battle.

Players wise we’re not the worst team in the league but we’re not a team and the other teams down there are far better equipped for a battle.

We might end up being alright and I really hope we are, the prospect of relegation though isn’t outwith the realms of possibility.

Gatecrasher
03-09-2019, 06:07 AM
12th if hes here at Christmas. I think he wont see September out.

mayo hibee
03-09-2019, 06:27 AM
10th if its still Hecky, 12th if we bring in Alan Stubbs after the derby. Maybe 8th with some hope for the second half of the season if we can find a decent manager for a change. Easier said than done though.

Springbank
03-09-2019, 06:33 AM
I saw someone say 4th.
I would be delighted if that's the case.

But for that to happen we'll need porteous & Jackson to click at the back (good chance that will happen); and naismith/James look decent;

And we'll maybe see Doidge show why he was rated at a 7figure fee by Bolton
Kamberi has looked great at times.

It's the middle of the park that needs to be worked on if PH really has his heart in the job

We lack dig, energy, pace & don't close.

Newell doesnt look likely to add to that. Mallan / Allan / Horgan may end up being just one at a time can be carried (and allan starts every week for me)

A lot rests on Vela, the swedish lad & Slivka now

Like I say I hope you're right & we sit 4th

But we could just as easily be 12th in late sept & 11th at Christmas. Hope I'm wrong

The Spaceman
03-09-2019, 06:49 AM
Would some kind soul be able to do a squad comparison between when we got relegated and now?

We have a far better squad than the one that went down. Have we had an awful start to the season? Yes. How many games have we played? 4.

Mass hysteria on here. Think we will come good and finish Top 6. This start has been a wake-up call and I am expecting a reaction.

calumhibee1
03-09-2019, 06:54 AM
“Too good to go down”

Looks like you’ve not learned anything from the year we went down, there’s also similarities with the Dundee Utd side that got relegated a few years ago.

Right now, we’re conceding too many, to stop us scoring you just have to stop Scott Allan, we are slow, got no leaders and we don’t have a midfield that is up for any sort of battle.

Players wise we’re not the worst team in the league but we’re not a team and the other teams down there are far better equipped for a battle.

We might end up being alright and I really hope we are, the prospect of relegation though isn’t outwith the realms of possibility.

We just played SA on the right of midfield the other week where I think everyone to a man was unanimous that he shouldn’t have been playing and we scored 2?

We’ve not been great but let’s not make out like we’ve been a one man team. Flo has been more important than Allan this season imo.

bingo70
03-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Would some kind soul be able to do a squad comparison between when we got relegated and now?

We have a far better squad than the one that went down. Have we had an awful start to the season? Yes. How many games have we played? 4.

Mass hysteria on here. Think we will come good and finish Top 6. This start has been a wake-up call and I am expecting a reaction.

Can’t be bothered looking at the whole squad but this was the starting 11 that went down the day we were relegated. It’s not a good starting 11 but it shouldn’t have been relegated. That kind of proves the point though, it’s not about each player’s individual ability, it’s how they play and fit into a team. This Hibs side isn’t a ‘team’, it’s some players thrown together with no notable style or proper system.

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Craig
Nelson
McGivern
Heffernan
Robertson
Haynes
Stanton
Cummings

The Spaceman
03-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Can’t be bothered looking at the whole squad but this was the starting 11 that went down the day we were relegated. It’s not a good starting 11 but it shouldn’t have been relegated. That kind of proves the point though, it’s not about each player’s individual ability, it’s how they play and fit into a team. This Hibs side isn’t a ‘team’, it’s some players thrown together with no notable style or proper system.

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Craig
Nelson
McGivern
Heffernan
Robertson
Haynes
Stanton
Cummings

Not a single one of those players (Lewis being the obvious exception) would get into our current starting 11. Williams was a good keeper, but Rocky as solid a keeper I can remember for us despite a ropey start to the season for him. JC was too young then as well.

bingo70
03-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Not a single one of those players (Lewis being the obvious exception) would get into our current starting 11. Williams was a good keeper, but Rocky as solid a keeper I can remember for us despite a ropey start to the season for him. JC was too young then as well.

We’re not playing against that team though.

I’m not sure many of those players would get into the teams expected to be at the bottom of the league this season either.

lucky
03-09-2019, 07:22 AM
Where are our wins coming from? We’ve played the two Saints at home and picked up 4 points. We’ve lost 9 goals away from home in 2 games. I hope we can hang in there but I really think we are toiling this year. Our next 4 games look tough and realistically a draw against Hearts looks like our only point in these games.

kiwihibby
04-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Think we will be I top half by Christmas There's not a big difference between us and 3rd and we have had a horrendous run of injuries. Can only get BETTER! Have Faith

Smartie
04-09-2019, 10:17 AM

If we had Scott Robertson now I'd be far more comfortable.

That squad had no goals in it. This one gets destroyed in the middle of the park.

You can have a lot of good players, a howling deficiency and find yourselves in trouble. We have that deficiency.

Godsahibby
04-09-2019, 10:37 AM
5th

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2019, 10:49 AM
“Too good to go down”

Difference is, we have a core of quality players. Then we had a core of average players.

Marciano or Williams? Pretty close really, I liked Williams

Gray or Clancy? Both crocks but Gray much better.

Hanlon/McGregor/Porteous or Nelson, McGivern and Mcpake?

Kamberi or Collins? Allan or Craig? Horgan/Middleton or Harris/Zoubir

They aren't far better equipped for a battle because our players are much better. We're a decent side who are struggling. We'll be nothing close to relegation.

worcesterhibby
04-09-2019, 12:10 PM
5th or 6th

where'stheslope
04-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Can't believe that another negative thread is again being aired?
Everyone knows that we've had a bad start to the season, but so have others.
After only 4 games it is hardly time to start sacking our manager!
Remember when the manager sends out the team, players see where a team can be got at and change positions to suit!
If the manager is so forthright that players are afraid to change tactics on the field, then I'm afraid both are at fault for this drop in form!!!!

McKenzie
04-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Top 6 and at least 10 points ahead of hearts

Torto7
04-09-2019, 04:57 PM
9th or tenth although I think with the run of games coming up he'll struggle to make it to Christmas.

The teams honking the arse fell out of them at the end of the Lennon reign. we rallied and ground out a top six place with players that aren't here anymore playing a big role in that.

His signings were supposed to have re energised the squad but they have all bar Allan looked average or just downright poor.

Keith_M
04-09-2019, 05:36 PM
9th or tenth although I think with the run of games coming up he'll struggle to make it to Christmas.

The teams honking the arse fell out of them at the end of the Lennon reign. we rallied and ground out a top six place with players that aren't here anymore playing a big role in that.

His signings were supposed to have re energised the squad but they have all bar Allan looked average or just downright poor.

And Allan isn't even one of his signings.

eezyrider
04-09-2019, 08:05 PM
I'd be shocked if PH was still here at Christmas however if he was we'd be 8th.

EZ

Sir David Gray
04-09-2019, 09:34 PM

Here's a list of everyone who played at least one league game in 13/14;

Ben Williams
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon
Michael Nelson
James McPake
Alex Harris
Scott Robertson
Rowan Vine
Liam Craig
Paul Cairney
James Collins
Daniel Boateng
Lewis Stevenson
Owain Tudur Jones
Alan Maybury
Danny Handling
Tom Taiwo
Sean Murdoch
Fraser Mullen
Duncan Watmore
Jordon Forster
Paul Heffernan
Sam Stanton
Abdellah Zoubir
Ross Caldwell
Danny Haynes
Dean Horribine
Jason Cummings
Kevin Thomson

First team squad 19/20;

Ofir Marciano
David Gray
Steven Whittaker
Paul Hanlon
Josh Vela
Daryl Horgan
Vykintas Slivka
Christian Doidge
Martin Boyle
Joe Newell
Stevie Mallan
Lewis Stevenson
Tom James
Adam Jackson
Glenn Middleton
Florian Kamberi
Scott Allan
Darren McGregor
Chris Maxwell
Oli Shaw
Fraser Murray
Sean Mackie
Josh Campbell
Melker Hallberg
Jason Naismith
Ryan Porteous

Percy Vere
04-09-2019, 10:28 PM
Got rid of Marv.

I hope im wrong

OK you haven't even seen some of the signings play yet so you can't say emphatically that its a terrible transfer window.
Some players take time to bed in and as supporters we should give them time.
Marv wasn't kicked out, he chose to move on.
I think we will be 5th or 6th.
I think we will have players back from injury.
We will see new signings bed in and come good.
Plus we see seasoned players return to some form.

Percy Vere
04-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Can't believe that another negative thread is again being aired?
Everyone knows that we've had a bad start to the season, but so have others.
After only 4 games it is hardly time to start sacking our manager!
Remember when the manager sends out the team, players see where a team can be got at and change positions to suit!
If the manager is so forthright that players are afraid to change tactics on the field, then I'm afraid both are at fault for this drop in form!!!!

Agreed, its actually pathetic.

Percy Vere
04-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Got rid of Marv.

I hope im wrong

OK you haven't even seen some of the signings play yet so you can't say emphatically that its a terrible transfer window.

supermcginn
04-09-2019, 11:27 PM
He was kicked out. Was never played when hecky came in and told he wouldn't feature this season. Most of the new signings couldn't lace his boots.

bigswissstriker
06-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Good chance we will be 10th by October.

One Day Soon
06-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Wherever we are in the table it will likely be pretty ugly to watch if he's still here.

IWasThere2016
06-09-2019, 10:45 AM
6th at best - probably bottom half as I cant see us being above OF, Eberdeen or Motherwell this season. Some others have artificial pitch advantage also.

Northernhibee
06-09-2019, 11:03 AM
He was kicked out. Was never played when hecky came in and told he wouldn't feature this season. Most of the new signings couldn't lace his boots.

In his last season he wasn’t getting close to opposition players when he was played.

I’m concerned about results but some of the revisionism and hysteria on here just now is way OTT.

hibbie02
06-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Out of interest, how many of the new guys brought in have the same agent as Hecky?

HAPPY HIBERNIAN
06-09-2019, 11:36 AM
I think he will turn this around. breaks came at the right time