PDA

View Full Version : We need to back the team and the Manager until Christmas

worcesterhibby
02-09-2019, 03:59 PM
There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

Let's just calm down a wee bit and give the team or backing.

pacoluna
02-09-2019, 04:04 PM
No hyperbole needed, the football we are playing is dross to watch as is the results, 3-0 to mwell and 6-1 to sevco isn't deliberately exaggerated, it's real and needs fixed asap!

makaveli1875
02-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Admire your optimism but the game is up for Hecky . It will take a spectacular turnaround in form for him to get the fans back onside . lose to hearts and out the cup and he's gone before the end of the month never mind christmas

lyonhibs
02-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Whether you believe Heckingbottom is a dead cert busted flush or you think he deserves more time, backing from the stands, not booing, is what is necessary and, I'm sure, will be provided.

After the final whistle is the time to go tonto at the players/management if you must. It'll also remove the "fans' expectations made the players nervous" line from Heckingbottom's armoury of pithy post match soundbites.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2019, 04:15 PM
There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

I will be astonished if we are 4th or 5th by Christmas.

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 04:40 PM

If things carry on the way they are, I don’t see any way we will be in the top six... and I’m usually optimistic.

worcesterhibby
02-09-2019, 04:58 PM
If things carry on the way they are, I don’t see any way we will be in the top six... and I’m usually optimistic.

I guess I'm relying on things changing for the better under PH. I'm hopeful that Hallberg will make a real difference to our midfield,

RoYO!
02-09-2019, 05:02 PM
League form doesn’t lie. Allied to that it has been eye bleed stuff that’s been on show.

The league cup games, glorified pre season efforts, are games that we should always be getting positive results from.

sixtwo
02-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Results will determine how long he stays....... and not results against part time teams. Truth is we are pish to watch. We have uninspiring signings and our last 3 games have been humiliating!

worcesterhibby
02-09-2019, 05:11 PM
No hyperbole needed, the football we are playing is dross to watch as is the results, 3-0 to mwell and 6-1 to sevco isn't deliberately exaggerated, it's real and needs fixed asap!

In the first few league games in the 2017-18 season we lost to Hamilton and Aberdeen and drew with Dundee and St Johnstone. In fact between 19th August and 22nd September we were entirely without a win....so many of us have short memories..all the same stuff was being discussed. "No fight" "No backbone" "disorganised"..then guess what...we beat Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and and kilmarnock on the trot and suddenly everyone was happy...but even then we followed it up with a defeat to St Johnstone and a draw with Hamilton. In fact our results that season were entirely uninspiring until mid way through February. However we stuck with the manager and had a brilliant run in that nearly saw us come 3rd.

Just saying.

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 05:15 PM
No chance. We do it could end in devastation.

pacoluna
02-09-2019, 05:19 PM
In the first few league games in the 2017-18 season we lost to Hamilton and Aberdeen and drew with Dundee and St Johnstone. In fact between 19th August and 22nd September we were entirely without a win....so many of us have short memories..all the same stuff was being discussed. "No fight" "No backbone" "disorganised"..then guess what...we beat Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and and kilmarnock on the trot and suddenly everyone was happy...but even then we followed it up with a defeat to St Johnstone and a draw with Hamilton. In fact our results that season were entirely uninspiring until mid way through February. However we stuck with the manager and had a brilliant run in that nearly saw us come 3rd.

Just saying.

In the first few games we had bet rangers at Ibrox, drew with Celtic away as with Motherwell and beat Ross county away.

Most importantly though the football was enjoyable to watch.

madhatter
02-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Nope. He needs to go. We’ll be relegation candidates if he stays. He cannot even set a team up to get draws.

#2 Double Tap
02-09-2019, 05:46 PM
stop being satisfied with utter pi sh!

Hibs4185
02-09-2019, 05:50 PM
I’m also optimistic...I always think Scotland are going to win the six nations. I always think Scotland will qualify for a major tournament. I also think hibs can finish second in the league at the start of every season.

Hecky however inspires no optimism. Not even one performance where I can say ‘hold on a minute this manager might turn it around’.

He must go.

Hakim Sar
02-09-2019, 05:52 PM
If you can't handle a bit of pressure from 15 thousand fans at a fairly big SPL side I think you have to ask serious questions of your career, be it a player or the manager. How would you handle the pressure at a big club desperate for glory and results, such as... erm... Leeds United.

If you can't handle the heat get out the kitchen.

I'm sure the hibs fans will support the team as much as possible, but watching the last 3 years unravel at such a fast pace, with crap new players and a manager that has underestimated the Scottish leagues... Well I think the vocal frustration is perfectly reasonable.

It was only a few years ago that tolerant hibs fans were being touted as being soft and accepting mediocrity!!

Let's just face it. We look rubbish and we have a manager that we don't believe in.

We are anxious that mistakes from the past are not repeated.

Either the manager and the team perform or we move in a different direction.

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Kirk Broadfoot released by Kilmarnock :rolleyes:

marleyhib
02-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Dead man walking

MyJo
02-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Will always back the team but I genuinely don't see Hecky lasting until Christmas.

Lose to Hearts and get put out the cup by Killie and he should be out on his ear by October.

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 06:09 PM
And....if we tolerate Heck, then relegation will be next...

brianmc
02-09-2019, 06:19 PM
And....if we tolerate Heck, then relegation will be next...

Bravo!
That brought a (little) smile to my face - which is more than Heckinbottom's relegation shambles of a squad is likely to do.

Let's not give him till Christmas. We'll likely be relegation certs by then.
Everyone makes mistakes. It's time Leeann fronted up to hers.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2019, 06:21 PM
With all due respect no one has to do anything. Hecky is failing and if it continues no amount of support will save him.

Greencore
02-09-2019, 06:23 PM
I really wonder what Ron is thinking... Some posters suggesting he is giving it a few months to put his stamp on the club. Obviously won't throw crazy money at the club, however if we don't sign many tonight then that could suggest he is playing the long game until January to shake things up?

Or am I just wishful thinking here...

emerald green
02-09-2019, 06:24 PM
If the Hibs board allow Heckingbottom to remain in charge of the team until Christmas, barring a miracle, my guess is that Hibs will probably occupy one of the bottom two positions in the league table and facing a fight to avoid relegation.

Really hope I'm proven to be wrong, but the decline in the team's performances this season in particular has been so rapid and huge. Added to that, I get the sense from what I've seen so far is that most other teams in the premier league have strengthened and improved. Hibs have gone backwards, and are a disorganized, soft, leaderless shambles.

Brooster
02-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I guess I'm relying on things changing for the better under PH. I'm hopeful that Hallberg will make a real difference to our midfield,

No offence mate but have been watching us this season? We are dreadful. No chance will we be in the top 6 with him in charge. The signs are overwhelming, cut our losses by sacking him now.

.Sean.
02-09-2019, 06:26 PM
We’ll be lucky to be 4th or 5th bottom by Xmas if that shyster is still in charge.

Coco Bryce
02-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Have you been on the sauce Worcester?

Callum_62
02-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Dunno I'm usually one to advocate giving time

Its not just that we have been poor, it's tactically we look utterly inept. Wide open all the time - we are gifting teams 20 odd shots at goal per game, that can't continue

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

rcarter1
02-09-2019, 06:45 PM
I dont see much choice but putting a brave face on it and getting behind the team. A manager coming in just now would have no budget until Christmas. Theres two weeks to have another look at how we can set up, and maybe have a few injuries clear up.

Heckingbottom will have no illusions that the season has 'officially' started badly (press, fans and his own admission) - and the next five games have the potential to be very painful.

If we lose all five, surely everyone at the club will prepare for a relegation battle and (hopefully) look for a suitable manager to perform that task. But if we go through that with a couple of wins and draws and maybe a single defeat, then that should indicate the team has turned a corner.

Crab apple
02-09-2019, 06:50 PM
I agree with you that the board will give him till Xmas. I’d have fired him after Ibrox and I don’t see anyway we’re going to improve under him.

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2019, 07:00 PM
No way Jose!

Must beat Hearts (H) Kilmarnock (A) Kilmarnock (A) Cup

Celtic (H) OK will let him off but no pathetic tactics of sitting back and letting Celtic roll all over us by surrendering possession and hoping to nick a goal

At least show some belief and believe we can win the match

If he fails the fans will vote with their feet

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Bravo!
That brought a (little) smile to my face - which is more than Heckinbottom's relegation shambles of a squad is likely to do.

Let's not give him till Christmas. We'll likely be relegation certs by then.
Everyone makes mistakes. It's time Leeann fronted up to hers.

Spot on. Time to take a deep breath and admit it’s been a shocker of an appointment and a transfer window.

Weegreenman
02-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Can just imagine the boos ever time a bad pass is made. lol

OP makes a good point but I fear the majority make an even better one. Ultimately we need a miracle to happen.

Over to the manager and his players.

Green_one
02-09-2019, 07:12 PM
No way Jose!

Must beat Hearts (H) Kilmarnock (A) Kilmarnock (A) Cup

Celtic (H) OK will let him off but no pathetic tactics of sitting back and letting Celtic roll all over us by surrendering possession and hoping to nick a goal

At least show some belief and believe we can win the match

If he fails the fans will vote with their feet

Jings. Add away to Aberdeen to that list and its not hard to see us out the cup, with maybe one point to show from the 4 league games. Might be bottom by then.

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Jings. Add away to Aberdeen to that list and its not hard to see us out the cup, with maybe one point to show from the 4 league games. Might be bottom by then.

Naw

Aberdeen 5/10/2019

Do you think he will still be here?

Since452
02-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Im amazed at some of the anger I've seen on here the last couple of weeks. Heart attack inducing stuff. Surely nobody can be that angry about football? Its got to be easier (and healthier) to get behind the lads

Weegreenman
02-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Im amazed at some of the anger I've seen on here the last couple of weeks. Heart attack inducing stuff. Surely nobody can be that angry about football? Its got to be easier (and healthier) to get behind the lads

We’re behind the lads, always have been. Worrying times though you’d have to admit. Just look at the poll on whether the support want Heckingbottom to be manager or not and it’s overwhelming a big no. Supporters know!

EI255
02-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Not so sure I can agree with this post. Time is points. We are going nowhere. We're sinking quick. Do what Leeds did.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Smartie
02-09-2019, 07:28 PM

It's easier (and healthier) still to find something else to do with your time.

KWJ
02-09-2019, 07:36 PM
I agree but think Christmas is too long. October at the latest for improvement.

djs69
02-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Let’s see where we are after 1st round of matches

One Day Soon
02-09-2019, 07:55 PM
He'll get backing if there are signs of improvement. So far there have only been signs of worsening.

Right now I feel he is out of his depth, has blown the transfer budget really badly, is unable to motivate individual players or to get the team to gel and is fielding teams with little to no fight in them.

After watching Hibs for 40 years every fibre of my judgement is screaming 'get rid now' because every week that passes digs us deeper into a hole. Unless he puts a completely transformed team on to the park in the coming games what begins as support at kick off will be howls of despair well before full time.

Speedway
02-09-2019, 08:02 PM
He was backed on faith alone when he got the job.

He’s since been given money and time to create his side.

He’s failed to deliver on:

1. Results
2. Performances
3. Signing quality

Support will return when he delivers what he’s paid for.

MrSmith
02-09-2019, 08:03 PM
It’s a pile of kack and I’m completely MEH about Heckingbottom, his team, his players and hibs right now.

we will be at the bottom looking down come Christmas so, more MEH from me.

eezyrider
02-09-2019, 08:12 PM
PH will be given until the Killie cup game. If things aren't looking good then he will be emptied.

EZ

Hibernia&Alba
02-09-2019, 08:16 PM

To be here at Christmas he needs a big improvement quickly, particularly in relation to defending. If that doesn't materialise, he won't last long; we can't keep losing games so meekly and devoid of organisation. If either manager loses the derby, it could be their last game; a draw would probably mean both limp on.

B.H.F.C
02-09-2019, 08:19 PM
There’s been plenty warning signs. Go as far back as Celtic in the cup. Then the post split fixtures. Then the uninspiring league cup group games. Then the start in the league.

He’s not got until Christmas. He needs results now.

He’s not going to get the sack yet, because the board won’t act, but September has the potential to make his position completely untenable.

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 08:51 PM

Hope you’re right pal. We need something big and fast in terms of a turnaround. Like the vast majority now, I don’t see it happening under PH unfortunately.

Nicho87
02-09-2019, 09:05 PM
4th or 5th by Christmas.

seriously what are some folk still watching. We can’t even beat Morton in 90 minutes.

mcfly
02-09-2019, 09:16 PM

There is no way this team will be 4th by Xmas and I will not be changing my mind on Heckingbottom- he’s arrogant he’s boring and his style of play will drive fans away.

He must go

Forza Fred
02-09-2019, 09:17 PM
I think the board will not give him that long.
We have Killie twice, Hearts and Celtic in September.
Celtic game won’t be used to judge him, except if we have similar score line to the Rangers game, or a highly unlikely win.
Killie are a different story.
They are a side, like St Johnstone we should be expected to not lose to, and if Killie win twice, and heaven forbid, a stuttering Hearts also do then apart from being out the league cup, and very possibly bottom of the table, I think the board would have no option but take action.
We can’t ‘do a Butcher’ again, and hope that ‘the next’ match would see us return to form, until it is too late.

steakbake
02-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Don’t believe in milestones like that. If it doesn’t improve, why waste half the season confirming what we already know.

Whenever a decision needs made, you’d need the new boss to have a reasonable chance to turn it round to avoid any proper disaster like getting pulled into a relegation battle.

ancient hibee
02-09-2019, 09:21 PM
If we continue to play as we are now then Celtic could absolutely massacre us.

H18S NX
02-09-2019, 09:22 PM
I would give him until tomorrow,so he can pack his bags.

The Harp Awakes
03-09-2019, 06:52 AM
There’s been plenty warning signs. Go as far back as Celtic in the cup. Then the post split fixtures. Then the uninspiring league cup group games. Then the start in the league.

He’s not got until Christmas. He needs results now.

He’s not going to get the sack yet, because the board won’t act, but September has the potential to make his position completely untenable.

Correct. I think the Celtic cup tie must have been the first time I'd ever seen Hibs play a Cup tie at Easter Road and not go out try try and win the game. The tactics were a horror show and confirmed he was a fish out of water.

I think if we lose to Hertz he's toast.

Swedish hibee
03-09-2019, 04:27 PM
What a load of poop I've had to read through to find this thread! He's not going anywhere (for now), here's hoping the players come back with a new mindset and September kicks off our season :)

RoYO!
03-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Hate the thought of him getting a bumper pay off. It really is a no lose situation with basically nothing on the line for him.

The 90+2
03-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Hate the thought of him getting a bumper pay off. It really is a no lose situation with basically nothing on the line for him.

Other the other hand it might be better he went now for himself personally to get another job down south. Lose a high profile derby be close to the bottom of the table and get sacked then won’t be good for his profile.

Just like when he came in we thought Leeds were a basket case who got trigger happy his agent could claim he left or was sacked or consented because the new owner had other plans or a change in direction and he left us in a quarter final of a cup.

H18S NX
03-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Beware the ides of September.

theonlywayisup
03-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Gone just before the AGM.

Smartie
03-09-2019, 05:07 PM

His cv is not enhanced by failure at Hibs following on from leaving Barnsley quickly and not lasting long at Leeds.

Some of what he's doing I disagree with but he's got a lot on the line with us - his reputation - and is not remotely in his interests to fail with us.

jacomo
04-09-2019, 08:43 AM
His cv is not enhanced by failure at Hibs following on from leaving Barnsley quickly and not lasting long at Leeds.

Some of what he's doing I disagree with but he's got a lot on the line with us - his reputation - and is not remotely in his interests to fail with us.

:agree:

Of course Hecky needs to be a success at Hibs. Ridiculous to say otherwise. He’s at the start of his managerial career and is presumably hoping for it to continue for many years to come.

Getting sacked after less than 12 months will do him no favours.

JimBHibees
04-09-2019, 09:19 AM
If we continue to play as we are now then Celtic could absolutely massacre us.

Imagine Celtic running at our midfield and defence that played on Saturday. Perish the thought.

Keith_M
04-09-2019, 09:34 AM

Unless there's a sudden change in management and an influx of new players, then it's highly unlikely

WhileTheChief..
04-09-2019, 12:07 PM
He’s kidding himself on if he thinks he’ll have a long career as a manager.

After us he’ll disappear for a while then become a coach at a lower league team down south.

MB62
04-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Back to the O.P's point, we really need to try and get behind the TEAM ON THE PARK, SUPPORT them. They have so far been inept, and it's not just the new guys BTW, some of the 'old school' have not exactly covered themselves in glory.
However, we should try and treat this international break as a 'fresh start' and see what the lads can do, with our backing.
Whether we think Hecky will be still here in a week/Month/6 months, it's the lads on the park that will get the results and jumping on them at every misplaced pass, missed tackle, crap shot at goal, will only make the nerves worse (probably for us more than the players).

Hecky needs to find his best team and tactics to suit, then STICK WITH THEM for a few games at least, give them a chance to gell. All this chopping and changing isn't working and it's looking like he doesn't have a clue what he is trying to do. Getting a settled team on the park might just help that, and might just save his job.
I was hugely disappointed we didn't sign another striker, not because it would have let Shaw move on but because, even with Oli in the squad, we are short handed up front and I think this will come to bite us on the bum long before Christmas.

Regardless of who's at the helm, anybody going to the games needs to go to support the team. Unfortunately, I think there are too many bams that go along and take greater pleasure having a dash at the players than they get trying to support them. Aye it's frustrating when things go wrong, but bite the lip for a few seconds before going ape5h1t at a player, it might just make a wee difference.

Dreading the first time we go behind in a game though, as I think the asylum won't have too far to look to find their escapees.

worcesterhibby
04-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Back to the O.P's point, we really need to try and get behind the TEAM ON THE PARK, SUPPORT them. They have so far been inept, and it's not just the new guys BTW, some of the 'old school' have not exactly covered themselves in glory.
However, we should try and treat this international break as a 'fresh start' and see what the lads can do, with our backing.
Whether we think Hecky will be still here in a week/Month/6 months, it's the lads on the park that will get the results and jumping on them at every misplaced pass, missed tackle, crap shot at goal, will only make the nerves worse (probably for us more than the players).

Hecky needs to find his best team and tactics to suit, then STICK WITH THEM for a few games at least, give them a chance to gell. All this chopping and changing isn't working and it's looking like he doesn't have a clue what he is trying to do. Getting a settled team on the park might just help that, and might just save his job.
I was hugely disappointed we didn't sign another striker, not because it would have let Shaw move on but because, even with Oli in the squad, we are short handed up front and I think this will come to bite us on the bum long before Christmas.

Regardless of who's at the helm, anybody going to the games needs to go to support the team. Unfortunately, I think there are too many bams that go along and take greater pleasure having a dash at the players than they get trying to support them. Aye it's frustrating when things go wrong, but bite the lip for a few seconds before going ape5h1t at a player, it might just make a wee difference.

Dreading the first time we go behind in a game though, as I think the asylum won't have too far to look to find their escapees.

great post, absolutely agree.

Waxy
04-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Hopefully the players back the manager till christmas.Things maybe not going our way just now but we might not be far from getting it right.No need to panic yet.

Phil MaGlass
05-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Hes got til the hertz game, a bad run and a loss against these ****s then he can ****off.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Hes got til the hertz game, a bad run and a loss against these ****s then he can ****off.

We only have one game before the derby, which is next week at Rugby Park.

The 90+2
05-09-2019, 09:53 PM
He’s kidding himself on if he thinks he’ll have a long career as a manager.

After us he’ll disappear for a while then become a coach at a lower league team down south.

Be a decent pundit tbf.

The 90+2
05-09-2019, 09:53 PM
We only have one game before the derby, which is next week at Rugby Park.

That’s plenty.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2019, 09:56 PM
That’s plenty.

I was just pointing out that we can't really go on a bad "run" between now and the derby.

BILLYHIBS
05-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Lose the Derby get knocked out of the Cup and he is toast

Same goes for Potter

Needs a result at Rugby Park a week on Saturday

Needs to walk the walk not talk the talk

:cb

The 90+2
05-09-2019, 10:19 PM
I was just pointing out that we can't really go on a bad "run" between now and the derby.

I meant plenty of games not the still game ref 😆

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2019, 10:23 PM

:top marks

Everybody will get behind the team regardless of their opinion on the manager. Yes, some fans are quick to moan, but that's just human nature: some people love to moan about anything, but they also want to team to succeed. Nobody wants the manager or the team to fail; you are absolutely right about the need to give them moral support. I'm very sceptical about whether Hecky can last in the job, but I will support the team and wish the manager the best whilst he's here. We'd all love to see him win the next dozen games.

BILLYHIBS
05-09-2019, 10:29 PM
:top marks

Everybody will get behind the team regardless of their opinion on the manager. Yes, some fans are quick to moan, but that's just human nature: some people love to moan about anything, but they also want to team to succeed. Nobody wants the manager or the team to fail; you are absolutely right about the need to give them moral support. I'm very sceptical about whether Hecky can last in the job, but I will support the team and wish the manager the best whilst he's here. We'd all love to see him win the next dozen games.

tonyrougier123
05-09-2019, 10:31 PM
If he canny see that stevie mallan is out of form then it wont end well for him.
I think if the fans could see that he was maybe trying to play a formation suited to the players he has available,he might not have lost quite as many supporters as he has already.
If his idea of changing things up was scotty on the right,then he may as well clear his desk now.
I would like to see a ruthless side to him,drop the players needing a stint on the bench,bring in hallberg and give slivka mallans place in the team.
I would also drop hanlon for porto if fully fit to get a good look at him and jackson together.

If its the same guff at killie I wouldnae give him the derby end of for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-09-2019, 04:52 AM
Opposition managers and players in not so recent times talked of knowing that if they stifled us, the crowd would soon get on the players backs - let’s not go back to that and really be our 12th man.

ian cruise
06-09-2019, 06:49 AM
Agree with the OP, save the boos and discontent for after the game. Absolutely nothing to be gained from booing our own players mid-game. Yes the players can do their part by upping their game and providing results but this is the crop of players we've got until Jan (and beyond) so let's try build their confidence, not
take away what little they have left.

It's extremely unlikely they'll up their game if they're being booed, more likely they'll retreat in to their shells and be afraid to take chances. We want a team that feel connected to the support like our 2014 to 2016 team did, not an "us and them" type attitude of the 2012 team.

If the majority are right and Heckingbottom isn't the man to tske us forward he'll be gone regardless, it won't be because we booed the team for 90 mins.

hibbie02
06-09-2019, 08:22 AM
The top finish last season was suppose to be a demonstration of the Hecky approach. He has set the benchmark for success in his turnaround of the mess Lennon left. However, the last 5 games of the season showed that improvement of the squad was needed to challenge for the top 4. Nothing in those 5 games gave me confidence in the style of football or the ability of the manager to influence games. What I did see was potential in Omeonga and a need for more vision in our play.

Then the transfer window happened and we were supposed to get excited about them pishing the budget away to buy Doidge from the mighty Forest Green Rovers. Now if he had been the only dubious signing, it might not have been a problem, but we bring in a load of other players who appear to be bench warmers at best. We lose out on Omeonga which took away any energy we had in midfield and lose our only defensive midfielders. Admittedly we got Scotty in, but that had zip to do with Hecky. We then have a frankly embarrassing struggle in pre-season and LC games, where we never once imposed ourselves on any team, home or away. We didn't lose much, but we struggled every game.

Now the league has started in earnest, we are being shown up badly. No midfield balance, an ageing, crocked defence and Doidge has hardly set the heather on fire. Tactics are non-existent and players don't appear fit. We have seen nothing of the last 2 signings and who knows, they may be the answer. I suspect the Hertz game will be the point of no return. Lose that and he must go.

My_Wife_Camille
06-09-2019, 08:38 AM

A very fair post with some good points completely ruined by the senseless notion that some fans actually take pleasure in their own team underperforming and the downright offensive suggestion that those who behave in a way you don't agree with must have serious mental disorders.

Barman Stanton
06-09-2019, 08:43 AM
A very fair post with some good points completely ruined by the senseless notion that some fans actually take pleasure in their own team underperforming and the downright offensive suggestion that those who behave in a way you don't agree with must have serious mental disorders.

Some people to seem to revel in it in fairness.

MB62
06-09-2019, 09:12 AM

For personal physical reasons, I moved from my normal seat in the WSUN to the top tier of the FFS for the St. Johnstone game. There was a wee group of 'supporters' (?) sitting quite close behind me who justify me standing 100% behind the comment I made. I really don't understand why they bother going if that's the way they carry on during games. I get as frustrated as the next Hibby when things don't go right, but that was OTT in my book. EVERYBODY was a target for their foul insults. They spoiled the game for me every bit as much as the injury time equaliser did and I won't be back to those seats.
Never once in the game did I hear any of them shouting 'good tackle' 'great ball' 'good effort' 'unlucky' or whatever but as soon as one of the players did something they didn't like, it was up out of their seats, shouting abuse. So, YES, on that basis, there ARE SOME Hibs 'supporters' (?) who seem to take more pleasure in slagging their players than backing them.

One Day Soon
06-09-2019, 09:23 AM
I think he should go, or be moved on, for all the reasons I outlined on another thread. But equally while he is here we should be giving the team as strong support as we can on match days regardless.

The reason for this post though is just to query what feels like the slightly arbitrary deadline of Christmas. Why give him until then if it continues to deteriorate?

worcesterhibby
06-09-2019, 09:36 AM
I think he should go, or be moved on, for all the reasons I outlined on another thread. But equally while he is here we should be giving the team as strong support as we can on match days regardless.

The reason for this post though is just to query what feels like the slightly arbitrary deadline of Christmas. Why give him until then if it continues to deteriorate?

I personally feel he needs to get a decent amount of time unless things go completly pear-shaped (half a dozen losses in a row for example). There are countless examples of managers having difficult spells and coming through them to great success (look at Fergie at Man Utd), so Christmas seems like a decent timescale. It would also mean that any new manager coming in would have a chance to do some business in the January window.

One Day Soon
06-09-2019, 09:44 AM
I personally feel he needs to get a decent amount of time unless things go completly pear-shaped (half a dozen losses in a row for example). There are countless examples of managers having difficult spells and coming through them to great success (look at Fergie at Man Utd), so Christmas seems like a decent timescale. It would also mean that any new manager coming in would have a chance to do some business in the January window.

I can understand the January window part which makes sense, though I would argue that a new manager would make much more effective use of that window if he had been in charge for a month or so at least to give him a better idea of his squad, its weaknesses and its strengths. That alone argues for end of November for me.

I'm not sure about countless examples of managers having difficult spells and coming through, 'countless' may be overstating it.

In respect of a decent amount of time I think he's already had a substantial run at this starting from last season and I would have expected the combination of his new signings, the length of time he has now had to work with the squad (both old and new), the impact of his training and fitness regimes and the imposition of his own team shape and style of play to be making a visible and positive difference on the park. Unfortunately exactly the opposite appears to be the case so far and I certainly can't see much evidence to the contrary.

Captain Trips
06-09-2019, 09:54 AM
We need the players and manger to do their jobs better. That is all that is required down Easter Rd.

CapitalGreen
06-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Fergie has great success at previous clubs that afforded him time to turn things around at United. 1 win in his last 15 games (8 in his last 48 league games) at Barnsley suggest to me that Hecky does not have it in him to turn it around.

JeMeSouviens
06-09-2019, 10:41 AM

Catch 22 for this is that (on past experience) the club hierarchy won't ditch him until the fans demonstrably turn against him.

WhileTheChief..
06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Fergie is the example that is always used cause no one can think of anyone else. That was 30 years ago.

Usually managers who start off crap continue to be crap until they're binned.

NZ Green
06-09-2019, 02:18 PM
He didn't start off crap, he started this season crap. I reckon we'll turn it around, but also won't be super surprised if we don't. I'm happy to give it another month.

The_Horde
06-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Of the countless examples you've managed to only find one from 30 years ago?

Do you have any others that aren't from the Victorian times?

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Fergie is the example that is always used cause no one can think of anyone else. That was 30 years ago.

Usually managers who start off crap continue to be crap until they're binned.
He definitely didn't start crap

ian cruise
06-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Catch 22 for this is that (on past experience) the club hierarchy won't ditch him until the fans demonstrably turn against him.

This regime hasn't shown that. Butcher was binned immediately. Lennon went when many were still arguing he could turn it around. Whether the fans are booing on the day or not, if the results are poor and we're down the wrong end of the table he will be shifted.

If the board sacked him tomorrow I'd be OK with that he's not shown enough to justify keeping his job however when the team walk on to the park I'll not boo, they'll get my 100% backing.

the tornadoe
06-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Heckingbottom has had the a good chunk of last season , the close season, pre season friendlies, 7 or 8 competitive games this season and now 2 weeks layoff from competitive games with the players to work on tactics and formations.
After our next 2 games should be the time to either back him or sack him, there can be no more "time " for him to show he has what is required to be manager of Hibernian FC.

heretoday
07-09-2019, 03:23 AM
Give Heck a break. We're not that bad. Other teams have their troubles.

Brizo
07-09-2019, 05:01 AM
A lot of fans have already made up their mind about him and he's done himself no favours with some of his post match comments. Deflecting blame for poor performance onto the atmosphere in the stands isn't going to improve backing for the team , it'll just annoy fans who are already annoyed.

The bulk of his signings have failed to impress me and his previous record at Barnsley doesn't fill me with any confidence that he can turn things around with those signings. Watching Heckys Hibs isn't an enjoyable or entertaining experience and when crap football combines with crap results there's only ever one outcome for a manager.

Punters are already beginning to vote with their feet and a feelgood factor built up over a number of seasons is rapidly disappearing. I would give him to the end of October and if theres no improvement let him go. That gives a new manager time to assess what he's got and make informed decisions come the January window.

BILLYHIBS
07-09-2019, 05:34 AM
I concur with everything said in the last couple of posts

I would give him until the end of September

I have seen this movie so many times before and it does not have a happy or an alternative ending

I have read the book and got the tee shirt

Mr Heckingbottom your football is eye bleeding and you obviously do not have a clue.

If you cannot fix it over the next four games it is time for you to walk the long walk

Too many times I have had a hoose full of greetin bairns and a wife asking me why I have to support such a sh##£ football team?

I do not want to go through that again

You have seriously underestimated the standard of the SPFL Premiership with your signings and you obviously do not appreciate the traditions of our great club always known throughout the land for playing fast exciting entertaining attacking football

I am sorry but failure is not an option

Please give us the alternative ending

B.H.F.C
07-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Give Heck a break. We're not that bad. Other teams have their troubles.

Aren’t we? I’m not seeing much good.

If other teams are struggling we should be exploiting that, not using it as a reason to sit back and content ourselves with the crap we’re serving up.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Of the countless examples you've managed to only find one from 30 years ago?

Do you have any others that aren't from the Victorian times?

Michael O'Neil is another good example..only won one of his first 18 matches as N Ireland boss.

Pochetino only won 3 of his opening 9 matches at Spurs.

Klopp only managed 8th place in his first season with Liverpool. They lost 10 matches in the league and drew 12. West Ham and Southampton both finished above them and this was in a season where the league was there for the taking.

Recent enough for you ?

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Michael O'Neil is another good example..only won one of his first 18 matches as N Ireland boss.

Pochetino only won 3 of his opening 9 matches at Spurs.

Klopp only managed 8th place in his first season with Liverpool. They lost 10 matches in the league and drew 12. West Ham and Southampton both finished above them and this was in a season where the league was there for the taking.

Recent enough for you ?

Firstly, congratulations on taking a full week to compile 'evidence'.

On the subject of said evidence, I'm going to disregard your Klopp and Pochettino ones straight off the bat, those aren't examples of starting off badly and winning everyone round - those are examples of taking over someone else's shambles and trying to patch them up. Both were also well proven as good managers at that particular juncture of their respective careers and have gone on to do as everyone expected. There is also no relevance to Heckingbottom whatsoever.

Very well done on finding Michael O'Neill. Obviously international football is a fair bit different but I'll give you it anyway.

So a full week to come up with only 4 'countless examples', two of which are credible. And the 2 are about 3 billion years apart.

Oh, and on a quick google review, I think you may need to check your Poch "facts".

Hermit Crab
12-09-2019, 12:31 PM
I can't see anything other than heavy defeat on Saturday like Motherwell. He'll be gone after that imo.

1 8 7 5
12-09-2019, 12:44 PM
I can't see anything other than heavy defeat on Saturday like Motherwell. He'll be gone after that imo.

the pessimist in me agrees re the match.... I think we are woeful at making these decisions though, so I could see Hibernian waiting even longer before punting him.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 12:48 PM

On the subject of said evidence, I'm going to disregard your Klopp and Pochettino ones straight off the bat, those aren't examples of starting off badly and winning everyone round - those are examples of taking over someone else's shambles and trying to patch them up. Both were also well proven as good managers at that particular juncture of their respective careers and have gone on to do as everyone expected. There is also no relevance to Heckingbottom whatsoever.

Very well done on finding Michael O'Neill. Obviously international football is a fair bit different but I'll give you it anyway.

So a full week to come up with only 4 'countless examples', two of which are credible. And the 2 are about 3 billion years apart.

Oh, and on a quick google review, I think you may need to check your Poch "facts".

You could say Heckingbottom took over some one else's shambles as well. We were sitting 8th and had a real unbalanced team. (Not saying its been fixed by the way).

That was an awfully patronising post by the way.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 12:50 PM
You could say Heckingbottom took over some one else's shambles as well. We were sitting 8th and had a real unbalanced team. (Not saying its been fixed by the way).

That was an awfully patronising post by the way.

That's what Hecky done last season. And he was commended for it.

Klopp and Poch kicked on after that, made the right signings and put their stamp on the side. Can you say the same for Hecky?

So that's where the relevance to Hecky falls down.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 12:56 PM
That's what Hecky done last season. And he was commended for it.

Klopp and Poch kicked on after that, made the right signings and put their stamp on the side. Can you say the same for Hecky?

So that's where the relevance to Hecky falls down.

We are 4 games into the season. Its too early to say if he has kicked on or not. Not looking great at the moment but I would like to see how we get in in the next few games.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 12:59 PM
We are 4 games into the season. Its too early to say if he has kicked on or not. Not looking great at the moment but I would like to see how we get in in the next few games.

We aren’t four games into a season. We’ve struggled in about 8.

Hermit Crab
12-09-2019, 01:00 PM

We have struggled in every league match this season. Huffed and puffed our way through the LC group as well. We need to punt him soon so we can bring in some who take this team up the table and be a top 6 club. At the moment we are bottom 3 material.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Sorry, 4 League games. Pedantic and argumentative as f*** this place :faf:

Hey I get you guys are raging. Out the cup and defeat to Hearts, and I will probably be in the pitchfork gang too.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:03 PM

That's all fair and well if you can see light at the end of the tunnel and genuine signs of something happening. 4 unconvincing points at home, a whopping 0 points away and an away goal aggregate of 9-1 is not that.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:07 PM
That's all fair and well if you can see light at the end of the tunnel and genuine signs of something happening. 4 unconvincing points at home, a whopping 0 points away and an away goal aggregate of 9-1 is not that.

Well a wopping 0 points from away games to Rangers and Motherwell. These are not exactly easy games. Motherwell has always been a tough game for us away. And Rangers are now miles away budget wise.

But aye, 4 points is not great. No one has said it is.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Well a wopping 0 points from away games to Rangers and Motherwell. These are not exactly easy games. Motherwell has always been a tough game for us away. And Rangers are now miles away budget wise.

But aye, 4 points is not great. No one has said it is.

You continue accepting and making excuses for mediocrity then and I'll continue to challenge what I think is unacceptable.

Going round in circles with straw clutchers isn't something I intend on doing today.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:17 PM
You continue accepting and making excuses for mediocrity then and I'll continue to challenge what I think is unacceptable.

Going round in circles with straw clutchers isn't something I intend on doing today.

Im not accepting anything. I just think 4 league games is not long enough to sack someone.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Sorry, 4 League games. Pedantic and argumentative as f*** this place :faf:

Hey I get you guys are raging. Out the cup and defeat to Hearts, and I will probably be in the pitchfork gang too.

It’s not pedantic at all, it’s ignorance not to look at the whole complete picture and that includes a dreadful end of season and scraping through group winners in a league cup group full of part timers including drawing against the worst team in professional football in this country.

We could go alone on the 4 league games, humiliations in Glasgow and Motherwell and played off the park by St Johnstone if you like? But it’s not four games into the season at all.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Im not accepting anything. I just think 4 league games is not long enough to sack someone.

It's not 4 though, is it?

His honeymoon period ended a long time before the split last season.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2019, 01:26 PM

You take such joy in trying to destroy any element of optimism. Well done.

It's taken me this long to reply as I also have a life...since it took you about 5 minutes to respond with hostile, unfriendly, sarcastic negativity, I'm guessing that you don't.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:27 PM
It's not 4 though, is it?

His honeymoon period ended a long time before the split last season.

Well its 4 league games and unless I missed it, we are still in the cup.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:30 PM
You take such joy in trying to destroy any element of optimism. Well done.

It's taken me this long to reply as I also have a life...since it took you about 5 minutes to respond with hostile, unfriendly, sarcastic negativity, I'm guessing that you don't.

Which makes it even more bizarre that you'd find the time in your highly busy and important schedule to make up some information that suits your agenda.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:30 PM
It’s not pedantic at all, it’s ignorance not to look at the whole complete picture and that includes a dreadful end of season and scraping through group winners in a league cup group full of part timers including drawing against the worst team in professional football in this country.

We could go alone on the 4 league games, humiliations in Glasgow and Motherwell and played off the park by St Johnstone if you like? But it’s not four games into the season at all.

It is 4 league games into the season. The table proves it.

Hey Im also unhappy with the start we have had as well. I just think he should be given a little more time to try and sort it. He fixed our season last season so at least deserves a bit longer than 4 league games on this one.

We all want whats best for Hibs, we just have different opinions on what we should do.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Well its 4 league games and unless I missed it, we are still in the cup.

Did we hire Heckingbottom in the summer? Or am I mistaken?

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Did we hire Heckingbottom in the summer? Or am I mistaken?

What difference does that make? He signed half a new team in the summer, and we are currently 4 league games into the season with this new look squad.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 01:36 PM
What difference does that make? He signed half a new team in the summer, and we are currently 4 league games into the season with this new look squad.

How many of them started the last match? 4 matches or 40 it means nothing. You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2019, 01:43 PM
How many of them started the last match? 4 matches or 40 it means nothing. You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.

Jeez give it a rest man.

Barman Stanton
12-09-2019, 01:52 PM

Nah dont agree with that at all. HUGE difference in 4 or 40 matches.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Nah dont agree with that at all. HUGE difference in 4 or 40 matches.

You're right.

We have time to do something about it after 4, but if we wait til 40 we'll get relegated.

The_Horde
12-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Jeez give it a rest man.

Excellent input. Thanks.

SMAXXA
12-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Excellent input. Thanks.

He’s probably saying what many others are thinking, no point debating the merits it’s been done to death last few weeks results and performances will dictate the future now.

Let’s wait and see before the constant cristicism.

ahibby
12-09-2019, 04:45 PM
He’s probably saying what many others are thinking, no point debating the merits it’s been done to death last few weeks results and performances will dictate the future now.

Let’s wait and see before the constant cristicism.

Thats right Ron Gordon will formulate plans and some implemented from January. We will then see if Hecky is part of those plans. A positive turn in fortunes and he will be part of those plans. But either way Hibs will not be relegated.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2019, 04:53 PM
You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.

Ok I will pick you up on the point you make, which is obviously nonsense.

It is not the case that either managers "Have It" or "They don't".

I assume by this you mean the ability to manage a successful team. Let's look at someone like Claudio Ranieri for instance..anyone who watched his time as Greece manager his 2nd season with Leicester or his stint at Fulham would think he was clueless, out of his depth and that he certainly didn't "Have it". When he was at Athletico Madrid his win rate was just 23%, at Nantes it was just 36% at Fulham it was an eye-bleeding 17%..... yet he won the EPL with Leicester City, he's won the Coppa Italia, the Coppa Del Rey and The Intertoto Cup and at Monaco he had a 61% win ratio.

Sometimes managers do well...other times they don't do so well.

You believe that Heckingbottom has had enough time to prove whether he can be a succesful Hibs manager or not...that's fair enough that's your opinion. Others feel that we have not had enough time to judge him yet and that the jury is still out. they are entitled to that opinion too. But let's not pretend that managers either Have it or they don't, especially after 4 league matches.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2019, 05:02 PM

I assume by this you mean the ability to manage a successful team. Let's look at someone like Claudio Ranieri for instance..anyone who watched his time as Greece manager his 2nd season with Leicester or his stint at Fulham would think he was clueless, out of his depth and that he certainly didn't "Have it". When he was at Athletico Madrid his win rate was just 23%, at Nantes it was just 36% at Fulham it was an eye-bleeding 17%..... yet he won the EPL with Leicester City, he's won the Coppa Italia, the Coppa Del Rey and The Intertoto Cup and at Monaco he had a 61% win ratio.

You believe that Heckingbottom has had enough time to prove whether he can be a succesful Hibs manager or not...that's fair enough that's your opinion. Others feel that we have not had enough time to judge him yet and that the jury is still out. they are entitled to that opinion too. But let's not pretend that managers either Have it or they don't, especially after 4 league matches.

You're right about the Have it or not stuff, but you spoiled your post with the 4 league games remark.

PH is being judged on how the team has performed since April, and the obvious contradictions between what he says "High press" "Fitter than ever before" etc and what we see on the park.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 05:05 PM

But it is not just four League games is it?

Played 24 won 13 drawn 5 lost 6

Needs to turn it around and turn it around soon starting from Saturday

For his sake I hope he does and goes on a run

I honestly do

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2019, 05:06 PM
You're right about the Have it or not stuff, but you spoiled your post with the 4 league games remark.

PH is being judged on how the team has performed since April, and the obvious contradictions between what he says "High press" "Fitter than ever before" etc and what we see on the park.

The 90+2
12-09-2019, 05:27 PM
It is 4 league games into the season. The table proves it.

Hey Im also unhappy with the start we have had as well. I just think he should be given a little more time to try and sort it. He fixed our season last season so at least deserves a bit longer than 4 league games on this one.

We all want whats best for Hibs, we just have different opinions on what we should do.

Sorry missed this post, top man 👍

I_Love_Latapy
13-09-2019, 06:20 AM
But it is not just four League games is it?

Played 24 won 13 drawn 5 lost 6

Needs to turn it around and turn it around soon starting from Saturday

For his sake I hope he does and goes on a run

I honestly do

Even on those stats it’s 1.8 points a match which is 3rd-5th form. So if we’re judging him on that he’s better than the return from first 4 games this season!

So give the man some time.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2019, 06:32 AM
Even on those stats it’s 1.8 points a match which is 3rd-5th form. So if we’re judging him on that he’s better than the return from first 4 games this season!

So give the man some time.

Agree

Please reread my post

I hope honestly hope he can turn it around

It is a must win versus Kilmarnock

If not the fans will turn

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 15 this season

6 from 30 since the split last season

Not only that it is the eye bleeding football on offer slow predictable build up

Where is the high press and fitness levels the players have never known before he promised?

We all want the same thing a successful HIBS team

He needs to turn around our league form starting from Saturday

As I keep on saying I honestly hope he does and goes on a run

Robbo6-2
13-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Stubbs and Lennon were both inspirational managers that i loved hearing in the media. Both of them got what it was like to play for Hibs especially Stubbs.

Heckingbottom has never imo. His interviews 9/10 are the same regurgitated pish. His constant comments about Scottish football and not liking playing every Tuesday Sat etc makes me angry. You knew what you were coming into.

I cant take to the man, and for the first time in 5 or 6 years Saturday is this first time i am not going to an away game that i could make.

The Spaceman
13-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Can we please just start a bed-wetting sub-forum so they can all just go there and continue their frenzied circle-jerk in peace? Absolute snowflakes. Come on Hibs and backing Heckingbottom to pull us through.

Steve20
13-09-2019, 07:04 AM
Why is it always our players that need lots of games to settle into the team? Other teams manage to make signings and pick up points. It's all just excuses.

It would be great if he turned it round and went on a run of winning games, but he's really not got it. He's not a good manager. In fact, he's a bad one.

HFC 0-7
13-09-2019, 07:10 AM

You say in this post that people are entitled to their opinion but a few posts up you are telling one of them to give it a rest, presumably because their opinion differs from yours?

HFC 0-7
13-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Agree

Please reread my post

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 18 this season

Not only that it is the eye bleeding football on offer slow predictable build up

Where is the high press and fitness levels the players have never known before he promised?

Interestingly heckingbottom was saying that we are pretty to watch but making mistakes, nothing I have seen is pretty to watch.

SMAXXA
13-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Interestingly heckingbottom was saying that we are pretty to watch but making mistakes, nothing I have seen is pretty to watch.

I kinda bet what he means against Motherwell first half anyway we had a lot of the ball and did ok but lacked a real threat and defended poorly. It’s interesting as I’d say he had us winning ugly to a degree or maybe better put that we ground out results when he arrived last season. We look soft in comparison but I think we are looking to play a bit more this season

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Why is it always our players that need lots of games to settle into the team? Other teams manage to make signings and pick up points. It's all just excuses.

It would be great if he turned it round and went on a run of winning games, but he's really not got it. He's not a good manager. In fact, he's a bad one.
It isn't just our signings at all. Plenty of clubs sign players that take time to settle. Sam Cosgrove is a good example. Even at the top level. Leroy Sane took time at City before he started killing it.

You actually think moving league to play with totally different players under a totally different manager in a different system should be easy? Add in moving house, potentially away from home for the first time, family might or might not have moved as well etc. Living in hotel rooms before you get a place, missing friends. It's pretty remarkable when players do settle quickly.

HFC 0-7
13-09-2019, 09:46 AM
I kinda bet what he means against Motherwell first half anyway we had a lot of the ball and did ok but lacked a real threat and defended poorly. It’s interesting as I’d say he had us winning ugly to a degree or maybe better put that we ground out results when he arrived last season. We look soft in comparison but I think we are looking to play a bit more this season

Agree, last season wasn’t pretty and some of the results were ground out. He probably had players available to him that could handle grinding out results. My fear is that the tippy tappy passing that we have now in spells is what he classed as pretty, to me it’s the opposite. The Killie game should be a good indicator!

One Day Soon
13-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Can we please just start a bed-wetting sub-forum so they can all just go there and continue their frenzied circle-jerk in peace? Absolute snowflakes. Come on Hibs and backing Heckingbottom to pull us through.

What a needlessly stupid and offensive post. And with the trademark 'snowflakes' added for extra trite value.

I_Love_Latapy
13-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Agree

Please reread my post

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 15 this season

That’s fair. I guess my point is that fans could do with chilling out and seeing what happens.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2019, 06:05 AM
That’s fair. I guess my point is that fans could do with chilling out and seeing what happens.

Fingers crossed

If not it won’t be pretty. :greengrin

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Full support behind Hecky and the lads today.

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 07:48 AM

The fans will chill out when they've been given something to enjoy or feel relaxed about.

mcfly
14-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Grow up son - fans aren’t snowflakes

They are concerned about the signings that he doesn’t t play. Why’s is that?
Where has all the money gone?

The guy promised high pressing football- that’s not what I’m seeing.

He’s got 3 games to turn it around or he’s gone

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2019, 09:53 AM
100% behind Hecky and the team on Sunday 3.00pm ko

Let’s do this HIBS!

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 12:30 PM
100% behind Hecky and the team on Sunday 3.00pm ko

Let’s do this HIBS!

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

worcesterhibby
22-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Admins, can you delete my original post please. :boo hoo::boo hoo::rolleyes:

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Admins, can you delete my original post please. :boo hoo::boo hoo::rolleyes:

I'm not sure why. He should be gone tonight but our CEO will give him until Xmas so unfortunately I think we're stuck with him until then.