PDA

View Full Version : The Manager/Head Coach - most important person at a Football club?

hibeerealist
02-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Lots of threads, comments etc on the future of PH which has split our support.

What does a Manager/Head Coach bring to the club and how can this affect the club, players & supporters?

Need only mention Steve Clarke and what he did for Kilmarnock, get it right and everybody is happy, well except the players that get dropped for poor performance or not good enough.

Not easy to get the right one but if you do, bingo!

swordin3
02-09-2019, 06:51 PM
I think to get a successful team on the park is more than just about the Manager without stating the obvious. It takes a few people with belief including Players of Quality amongst others of steel and competence. We are presently in a negative place and it's up to everyone on the Easter Road staff to find the missing skill or idea to get us playing with strength, determination and mental toughness to start winning games.

Sioux
02-09-2019, 06:58 PM
I think to get a successful team on the park is more than just about the Manager without stating the obvious. It takes a few people with belief including Players of Quality amongst others of steel and competence. We are presently in a negative place and it's up to everyone on the Easter Road staff to find the missing skill or idea to get us playing with strength, determination and mental toughness to start winning games.

Worst cut and paste job I've ever witnessed.
:faf:

ancient hibee
02-09-2019, 07:03 PM
The owner is the most important person at any football club.

swordin3
02-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Worst cut and paste job I've ever witnessed.
:faf:

Cheers! 😋

swordin3
02-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Cheers! 😋

Wow! My first post in over 2 years and I have snared one of the legendary "experts" on the net. Things don't change much.Too many people having a go at posters rather than actually adding something intellectual or interesting themselves. 🤔

hibeerealist
02-09-2019, 07:57 PM
The owner is the most important person at any football club.

The owners money is very important however it has been proved many times that an exceptional manager will make a team successful.