PDA

View Full Version : Part of the problem with the manager

Steven79
02-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Is Scott Allan and having no idea where he wants to fit him into the team, he didn't sign him and seems clear to me that Heckingbottom wants to play 2 up front but can't shoehorn 2 strikers and Scott into the same team.

In my mind that was partly why he played Scott on the right against St Johnstone in that he tried to fit round pegs into square holes by playing two strikers and find a way to keep him in the team.

It's a dilemma that he clearly can't solve and will be for the next manager to work out.

I think the only way out of this is to go back to a 3-5-2 formation as I think it's the only one that will work with the players available.

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Hecky doesn't want to play 2 strikers, he has only started 1 league match with 2. He wants to play 4231/433

Allan has been playing well under Hecky.

If he wanted 2 up front he would've brought on Shaw/Doidge to play there on Saturday at 1-0. Instead he brought Shaw on to play on the wing.

HibsTalk
02-09-2019, 10:42 AM
I saw Marv play for Livi on Saturday, and we miss that so much. Maybe not him persay, but an inforcer who knows how to defend and win the ball.

Frees up everyone in front to play more and most importantly protects the defence. It's not rocket science.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk