PDA

View Full Version : Female manager?

ross1875
01-09-2019, 07:00 PM
In the modern era of gender equality would anyone consider a female manager?

Lewiehas2
01-09-2019, 07:01 PM
No

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Not for me.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Hmmmm good question

I don’t think any female manager stands out as ready for the male professional game

Unfortunately it would come down to players attitudes

ross1875
01-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Hibs have always been a forward thinking club and if there was a female candidate that stood out I don’t see any reason it couldn’t work

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Hibs have always been a forward thinking club and if there was a female candidate that stood out I don’t see any reason it couldn’t work

The minute things go wrong the abuse from the stands would be horrendous. We don't want that.

bingo70
01-09-2019, 07:06 PM
If a female manager had a good cv in managing men’s football then yes.

If it’s a case of employing a female manager to show what a modern and forward thinking club we are then no.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2019, 07:06 PM
I don't see why not. If a female was the best applicant for the job then she should get it.

bingo70
01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
The minute things go wrong the abuse from the stands would be horrendous. We don't want that.

Is that what’s happened at CEO level?

Sammy7nil
01-09-2019, 07:08 PM

Only if she liked a post match bevvy

B.H.F.C
01-09-2019, 07:10 PM
No chance.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Is that what’s happened at CEO level?

She's been subject to some abuse yes, not as much as Budge though.

Unseen work
No

CloudSquall
Best person for the job regardless of gender for me, at the moment however I don't think there would be any female candidate remotely close to being the most suitable pick.

scuttle
01-09-2019, 07:16 PM
It will happen one day at at a senior league club but at the moment for Hibs it would be a no from me

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Aye definitely she could tell them a few home truths after it.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 07:21 PM
It will happen, probably in the not too distant future. Of course a woman could manage a men's professional team. It's 2019, women can be brain surgeons, fighter pilots, even prime ministers! I'm sure there are some who could tell a group of guys how they should kick a ball around.

bingo70
01-09-2019, 07:25 PM
It will happen, probably in the not too distant future. Of course a woman could manage a men's professional team. It's 2019, women can be brain surgeons, fighter pilots, even prime ministers! I'm sure there are some who could tell a group of guys how they should kick a ball around.

They’ll need to work their way up the way men do as well though.

The idea that a woman with no experience of managing men’s football at any level should be parachuted into a top job in Scottish football is ridiculous.

That’s not to say none would be capable, it just won’t happen and rightly so until they’ve earned the right.

Torto7
01-09-2019, 07:25 PM
It would be fascinating to watch. There can't be too many industries where one female would manage so many males. The psychology would be interesting. Especially if things got challenging.

We'll probably start to see more women's coaches rather than managers over the next few years I'd imagine, it's already happened in the NBA with female assistants.

I agree with the post above it needs to be based on merit and no female I can think of has the relevant experience at the moment to be Hibs manager.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Who did you have in mind?

Lago
01-09-2019, 07:29 PM
And make the players cry.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Who did you have in mind?

I was thinking Holly Willoughby, but would happily accept a candidate who has the relevant experience and qualifications :greengrin

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 07:30 PM
I was thinking Holly Willoughby, but would happily accept a candidate who has the relevant experience and qualifications :greengrin

I suspect football qualifications have come into your first preference

:)

jacomo
01-09-2019, 07:31 PM

:agree:

e2los
01-09-2019, 07:31 PM
I don't know if this is a joke post, as currently lots of us probably have a bossy niece who would most likely get more out of the squad than our current manager.

If you were being serious then I'd perhaps consider Anna Signeul or Sarina Wiegman.

I doubt very much that there would be many complaints, regardless of gender if our new manager produced the well needed results for us.

sixtwo
01-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Yes, I’d rather have Jill Ellis than the current guy

Diclonius
01-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Absolutely, if she's the right person for the job.

Col2
01-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Imagine the laughter from every single club.

She wouldn’t have a chance when things were tough as fans wouldn’t be patient.

Would be a disaster for so many reasons. The current Scotland manager (assuming she is on of the best) has recently made a complete tit of herself showing a basic lack of people management.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Absolutely, if she's the right person for the job.

Best person for the job regardless of gender for me, at the moment however I don't think there would be any female candidate remotely close to being the most suitable pick.

I don't see why not. If a female was the best applicant for the job then she should get it.

If it’s a case of employing a female manager to show what a modern and forward thinking club we are then no.

So that is no one in the next twenty years at least as no women will have had the time or experience to have a better CV than a half decent male candidate. I am not saying they could not do it but for it to happen anytime soon Hibs would have to be taking a punt which is the last thing we need.

KWJ
01-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Best person for the job. Make, female doesn't matter but for now there aren't that many female candidates.

BegbieHSC
01-09-2019, 07:52 PM
I absolutely would have a female manager if she was up to the job. Why not?

bingo70
01-09-2019, 07:53 PM
So that is no one in the next twenty years at least as no women will have had the time or experience to have a better CV than a half decent male candidate. I am not saying they could not do it but for it to happen anytime soon Hibs would have to be taking a punt which is the last thing we need.

Yes, I don’t see it happening for years.

The only way I could see it happening quicker would be if a female is brought into the club to coach youngsters and works her way through the ranks internally at the club, even then i think I’m clutching at straws.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Would be a disaster for so many reasons. The current Scotland manager (assuming she is on of the best) has recently made a complete tit of herself showing a basic lack of people management.

Hardly representative of all women in the game; her drunken ramblings had no bearing on her ability as a coach. You're right, there would be prejudice in the men's game initially, but someone will have to be first. It would soon become a non-issue.

calumhibee1
01-09-2019, 07:56 PM
As others have said, best person for the job. At this point in time, that absolutely would not be a woman.

calumhibee1
01-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Yes, I don’t see it happening for years.

The only way I could see it happening quicker would be if a female is brought into the club to coach youngsters and works her way through the ranks internally at the club, even then i think I’m clutching at straws.

:agree:

Could possibly see it happening at a lower league club, someone like a Scottish League Two team and probably due to the circumstances you've suggested. But I don't see it happening at a high level.

danhibees1875
01-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I see no reason to dismiss it outright. They would need to be the best person for the job though, not just for a self-righteous pat on the back.

Greenbeard
01-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Best person for the job. Make, female doesn't matter but for now there aren't that many female candidates.
Perfect PC response. Reality is the vast majority of decent managers serve a c.20-25 year apprenticeship in the dressing room and on the park as a player even before they step into management. Can't see that transferring across from the women's game to the men's senior game, not for a long long time. Lower level stuff maybe eg Stirling Uni.

hibbie02
01-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Honestly? What the **** has the gender got to do with it? We can't find a manager, so why would a woman help? Honestly, this world *****ed!

calumhibee1
01-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Perfect PC response. Reality is the vast majority of decent managers serve a c.20-25 year apprenticeship in the dressing room and on the park as a player even before they step into management. Can't see that transferring across from the women's game to the men's senior game, not for a long long time. Lower level stuff maybe eg Stirling Uni.

Yup, pretty much how I see it. If a woman was the best for the job then absolutely. But I don't think they'll get the background in mens football or the respect within mens football to get there.

hibsboy69
01-09-2019, 08:28 PM
No

1875-Hibernia
01-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Why would there be laughter from other clubs? Even if there was so what? Sounds a case of “I’m not going to the football because other teams laugh at us” guess what they’re laughing at us now!

You do realise there are female fans at Easter Road- why should or would a women have less of a chance than a male, when things are tough?

I can’t see any reason it would be a disaster other than some man with the mentality of a wee boy, hurling some sexual abuse at her. The Scotland women’s manager making an arse of herself had Zero to do with her being a women and everything to do with being drunk.

The only question should be - does she have enough experience? Is she the right person for the job? Nothing else matters. However, I do see that being at minimum 10-15 years before it’s considered. Possibly sooner as per the growing rate and attendances of women’s football.

Quick reminder for everyone that our women’s team is better than the men’s.

rcarter1
01-09-2019, 08:33 PM
A lot of pressure would be put on the first few (clubs and manager alike) who make the step, but I see no reason why it can't work.

Bronson
01-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Spot on

Here’s Lucy!
01-09-2019, 09:04 PM

And this, gentlemen, is the politicallly correct answer.

In reality however...

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Emma Hayes Chelsea. Why not?

Michael
01-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Might not be a bad shout. We could probably hire one of the best female managers in the world because it's so hard for women to break into the men's game.

hibsboy69
01-09-2019, 09:11 PM

"Why not?" you ask

Because as another poster said (which is 100% spot on) :-

Reality is the vast majority of decent managers serve a c.20-25 year apprenticeship in the dressing room and on the park as a player even before they step into management. Can't see that transferring across from the women's game to the men's senior game, not for a long long time. Lower level stuff maybe eg Stirling Uni.

Here’s Lucy!
01-09-2019, 09:15 PM
No

Well, you certainly thought that one through.

Any particular reason you immediately answered the OP without giving a moments thought to the question/subject matter?

This thread, in particular, interests me.

Here’s Lucy!
01-09-2019, 09:17 PM

Thank you, James.

Just Jimmy
01-09-2019, 09:18 PM
I'm a huge supporter of the woman's game and regularly attend games. however Hibs get 100s or 1000s of applications on top of head hunting managers. I very much doubt a female candidate has the experience to be number 1 choice.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Deansy
01-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Ta - saves me from typing !

500miles
01-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Nope. Don't particularly think men should be running women's football either. Presents a power imbalance straight away.

1875-Hibernia
01-09-2019, 09:33 PM
I understand the people saying women shouldn’t be given a chance just because they’re female. I also get the argument of not enough experience and not done their apprenticeship.

Sarina Wiegman, however, dismisses both those arguments and has shown she’s more than capable.

As per my earlier argument I feel we are a 10 years + away from seeing a women managing a top flight men’s team, but it’s certainly not down to experience or qualifications.

hibsboy69
01-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Well, you certainly thought that one through.

Any particular reason you immediately answered the OP without giving a moments thought to the question/subject matter?

This thread, in particular, interests me.

I didn't "immediately answer the OP without giving a moments thought". I thought about my response, however as it's an easy answer for me I decided to keep it short and sweet.

However I did elaborate in a subsequent post and will do so again for your benefit :-

Reality is the vast majority of decent managers serve a c.20-25 year apprenticeship in the dressing room and on the park as a player even before they step into management. Can't see that transferring across from the women's game to the men's senior game, not for a long long time. Lower level stuff maybe eg Stirling Uni.

calumhibee1
01-09-2019, 09:36 PM
I understand the people saying women shouldn’t be given a chance just because they’re female. I also get the argument of not enough experience and not done their apprenticeship.

Sarina Wiegman, however, dismisses both those arguments and has shown she’s more than capable.

As per my earlier argument I feel we are a 10 years + away from seeing a women managing a top flight men’s team, but it’s certainly not down to experience or qualifications.

Why has she shown to be more than capable? I don’t even know who she is but from wikipedia she’s never managed a men’s team?

Here’s Lucy!
01-09-2019, 09:41 PM
I didn't "immediately answer the OP without giving a moments thought". I thought about my response, however as it's an easy answer for me I decided to keep it short and sweet.

However I did elaborate in a subsequent post and will do so again for your benefit :-

Thank you,

From a feminine point of view, your answer/response is indeed, gratifying.

I do not, in any way, agree with your quoted diatribe, but must give you the credit for the decency of your response.

My best. :aok:

dphibs
01-09-2019, 09:50 PM
F##k no!! Why would you want a woman to be in charge of a mans team? It’s bad enough having them being refs or lines people at mans game.! Political correctness has gone too far for me.

1875-Hibernia
01-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Why has she shown to be more than capable? I don’t even know who she is but from wikipedia she’s never managed a men’s team?

Over a 100 caps for her country. Won a European championship as manager as well many other trophies - is that not showing she’s capable of managing. Why would she need to have managed a men’s team? Her cv is all that matters and it’s a lot better than our current managers? Be honest did you know who he was before a quick glance at Wikipedia?

H18 SFR
01-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Why does it have to be a male or a female manager, surely we could go for a gender neutral head coach.

hibsboy69
01-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Why does it have to be a male or a female manager, surely we could go for a gender neutral head coach.

This made me laugh ! :faf:

Silky
01-09-2019, 10:14 PM

That's happening now with a man, no?

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 10:15 PM
People can't treat the current guy with a ounce of respect, the abuse a female would get from the neanderthal elements of our support would be embarrassing.

Woman's football is a totally different sport and I wouldn't consider achievements in that relevant for a job in the men's game.

Vault Boy
01-09-2019, 10:17 PM

I can see what you're saying, but I think that's a formula for stagnation, not progress. The same could be argued for any minority group, but would we really not want a gay, minority ethnic or handicapped person in leadership roles within the club just because some cretins will act like cretins? Not for me. If they're tough enough to take some stick from morons, let them have a chance.

I'm not saying I know of any stand-out female candidates right now btw, but it's only fair that we'd consider any that apply for non-playing roles within the club, that includes coaching.

The female national team certainly do better than the men's...

calumhibee1
01-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Over a 100 caps for her country. Won a European championship as manager as well many other trophies - is that not showing she’s capable of managing. Why would she need to have managed a men’s team? Her cv is all that matters and it’s a lot better than our current managers? Be honest did you know who he was before a quick glance at Wikipedia?

Nope I had never heard of him before we appointed him.

I just don’t think that winning things in the women’s game is relevant to the men’s game. Obviously they’re similar sports but they’re also massively different at the same time.

If she was to get a job in the men’s game then it would be at a very low level imo and nowhere near ours.

1875-Hibernia
01-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Nope I had never heard of him before we appointed him.

I just don’t think that winning things in the women’s game is relevant to the men’s game. Obviously they’re similar sports but they’re also massively different at the same time.

If she was to get a job in the men’s game then it would be at a very low

level imo and nowhere near ours.

There’s a valid point then. We have a manager that not many people knew about before he came. His cv is hardly plastered in glory, yet he was given the job. Surely by the standards of managers we’ve had, a women with a proven record at winning (even if just in women’s game) deserves a fair shot?

I do think when it happens that it will be lower league though.

Maybe I’m just biased as a dad who has a wee girl playing in a mixed team. But I’d like to think if that’s the career path she chooses, that she will have an equal chance.

Since452
02-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Can't think of any female managers to be honest. Probably ignorance on my part

JimBHibees
02-09-2019, 06:10 AM
"Why not?" you ask

Because as another poster said (which is 100% spot on) :-

She will have had the same experience in the women's game. The main skills are communication and motivation there is no way that these skills are not transferable. It may be that a woman may have better softer skills or empathy with a player which some men aren't great at. There are many hugely successful women leaders in the world there is no way that male sport would be any more of a challenge than some of these other industries or organisations.

calumhibee1
02-09-2019, 08:17 AM
There’s a valid point then. We have a manager that not many people knew about before he came. His cv is hardly plastered in glory, yet he was given the job. Surely by the standards of managers we’ve had, a women with a proven record at winning (even if just in women’s game) deserves a fair shot?

I do think when it happens that it will be lower league though.

Maybe I’m just biased as a dad who has a wee girl playing in a mixed team. But I’d like to think if that’s the career path she chooses, that she will have an equal chance.

The big problem I think for a female manager would be gaining the respect of the players. A lot of them would probably see it is a bit of a joke. I also reckon very few players would come to play for a female manager.

One thing is for certain though is that there’s a better chance of it happening than a female playing in the men’s game. While I don’t think it’ll happen any time soon, there’s no reason that at least tactically they can’t match male managers. It would then be down to whether they can gain the respect of the players to motivate them etc.

hibsbollah
02-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Of course.
It's a depressing, sad indictment of our football culture that there is any real opposition to the idea.

CathroMustStay
02-09-2019, 08:38 AM
If they are the best suited for the job, absolutely.

No debate to be had beyond that.

hibIBZ
02-09-2019, 08:49 AM
If they are the best candidate then absolutely, if it is to prove a point then no. When we need a new manager whenever that might be, I trust the board will appoint who they believe is the strongest candidate

1875-Hibernia
02-09-2019, 09:25 AM
The big problem I think for a female manager would be gaining the respect of the players. A lot of them would probably see it is a bit of a joke. I also reckon very few players would come to play for a female manager.

One thing is for certain though is that there’s a better chance of it happening than a female playing in the men’s game. While I don’t think it’ll happen any time soon, there’s no reason that at least tactically they can’t match male managers. It would then be down to whether they can gain the respect of the players to motivate them etc.

I think that says more about us as a male species then if we can’t respect women in a professional working environment. I can’t imagine LD putting up with that, in a scenario where it did happen.

Probably find a woman coming in to the men’s game at a high level would have heard all sorts of nonsense and is more than equipped to deal with it. Just look at the poster above who is either fishing or simply having a melt down because there’s women officials refereeing a game.

I agree that managers and coaches will happen before mixed teams. I think that’s a whole different conversation.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2019, 09:32 AM
They’ll need to work their way up the way men do as well though.

The idea that a woman with no experience of managing men’s football at any level should be parachuted into a top job in Scottish football is ridiculous.

That’s not to say none would be capable, it just won’t happen and rightly so until they’ve earned the right.

Surely no more ridiculous than someone suggesting a male player with no experience in management at any level?

MacGruber
02-09-2019, 09:36 AM
No. Not just now anyway.

At some point in future if women become involved in the men's game then there may be candidates. As of right now are there any candidates? It might just be ignorance on my part but are there any women coaches in the mens game just now?

steakbake
02-09-2019, 09:47 AM
I really don’t care - male, female, Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh, international, tracksuit or suit and tie, young or old - it has to be someone who can reverse the slide we’re currently in and build their own success.

calumhibee1
02-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I think that says more about us as a male species then if we can’t respect women in a professional working environment. I can’t imagine LD putting up with that, in a scenario where it did happen.

Probably find a woman coming in to the men’s game at a high level would have heard all sorts of nonsense and is more than equipped to deal with it. Just look at the poster above who is either fishing or simply having a melt down because there’s women officials refereeing a game.

I agree that managers and coaches will happen before mixed teams. I think that’s a whole different conversation.

I don’t disagree with that. I do think though that it would be very difficult for the first women in they roles to be successful because of players having no interest in going to play for them. In turn that would mean they’d find the job more difficult than a male would, people would look upon it as a failed experiment etc.

In theory though a woman should be just as equipped as male for that kind of role though, unlike playing. I just can’t see it happening though.

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Of course.
It's a depressing, sad indictment of our football culture that there is any real opposition to the idea.

Is it? What female manager has enough experience in the male game to get the Hibs job?

JXM73
02-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Old school/fart me says we need the right man in the dugout. In all honesty, even if we had boris Johnston in the dugout and it was getting results I'd back it... if they can do the job and get results then doesn't matter race, gender etc.... draw the line at a jambo tho lol

HFC 0-7
02-09-2019, 10:14 AM
If the anxiousness is transferring from the stands to the players then appointing a female coach wouldn’t be a great idea. The spotlight would be on hibs big time and I am not sure we have the players to handle that!

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Don’t see why not if they were the best person for the job. Wouldn’t be going for Shelley Kerr though. She is a disaster with tactics.

1875-Hibernia
02-09-2019, 10:26 AM
I don’t disagree with that. I do think though that it would be very difficult for the first women in they roles to be successful because of players having no interest in going to play for them. In turn that would mean they’d find the job more difficult than a male would, people would look upon it as a failed experiment etc.

In theory though a woman should be just as equipped as male for that kind of role though, unlike playing. I just can’t see it happening though.

I understand where you’re coming from in terms of it being difficult for the first female manager in top flight. I don’t think it will happen soon, but I’d have no objections to a top quality manager taking charge, so long as she’s able to take us forward.

MacGruber
02-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Are there any women involved in the men's game in a coaching capacity? If not it's a pointless debate.

1875-Hibernia
02-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Are there any women involved in the men's game in a coaching capacity? If not it's a pointless debate.

Yes. In lower league in England, France and Germany. Possibly other leagues and maybe even up here.

The most notable would possibly be Corinne Diacre. She spent a couple seasons as manager of a French Ligue 2 team, before becoming manager of the French national women’s team.

Fife-Hibee
02-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Why not? If we can dish it out to men, then surely we can dish it out to women as well? Equality and all that.....

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 11:25 AM
She's been subject to some abuse yes, not as much as Budge though.

Neither because of their gender though, I don't think?

Or is your argument that women are less equipped to deal with the abuse that would inevitably come their way if we were toiling?

Fife-Hibee
02-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Neither because of their gender though, I don't think?

Or is your argument that women are less equipped to deal with the abuse that would inevitably come their way if we were toiling?

Yep. That's it. Woman are delicate wee flowers who can't handle the same pressures as men in the working environment. :rolleyes:

MacGruber
Yes. In lower league in England, France and Germany. Possibly other leagues and maybe even up here.

The most notable would possibly be Corinne Diacre. She spent a couple seasons as manager of a French Ligue 2 team, before becoming manager of the French national women’s team.

Thanks - consider me educated. I think women managers will exist at every level in the game at some point in future (and so there should be if they are the most qualified for jobs) but that is probably a long time off.

The 90+2
No chance were appointing a female manager any time soon.

hibsbollah
02-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Is it? What female manager has enough experience in the male game to get the Hibs job?

That's not what was asked. I'm not saying there is a qualified woman available, (I can't think of one, although I'm aware of a few doing their B licence up at the Oriam that know far more about tactics and drills than you or I) I'm saying that if there was it shouldn't be ruled out in principle.

I'm aware by your previous posts that you have a dismissive attitude to women's football in general, which may be colouring your view.

Aim Here
02-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Shelley Kerr did manage Stirling University in the Lowland League for three or four years before she managed Scotland Women - apparently the first senior men's side in Britain to be managed by a woman.

Coco Bryce
02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Shelley Kerr is tactically naive. Clear to see at the WC in the summer.

1875-Hibernia
02-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Thanks - consider me educated. I think women managers will exist at every level in the game at some point in future (and so there should be if they are the most qualified for jobs) but that is probably a long time off.

It’s all about education I think. It’s an excellent question from the op.

I am in agreement that starting of at lower leagues is best for all coaches. Regardless of gender.

1875-Hibernia
02-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Shelley Kerr did manage Stirling University in the Lowland League for three or four years before she managed Scotland Women - apparently the first senior men's side in Britain to be managed by a woman.

That’s good to know. Although I’m not sure I’d want her as Hibs manager.

Sorry for all the posts* not sure how to respond to multiple when using on phone.

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2019, 01:54 PM
That's not what was asked. I'm not saying there is a qualified woman available, (I can't think of one, although I'm aware of a few doing their B licence up at the Oriam that know far more about tactics and drills than you or I) I'm saying that if there was it shouldn't be ruled out in principle.

I'm aware by your previous posts that you have a dismissive attitude to women's football in general, which may be colouring your view.

I don't have a dismissive attitude at all, you'd think as someone who follows me around the site like a bad smell you'd know that. I quite enjoyed the womans world cup, watched some games with my friends when I was in France as part of a college trip over the summer.

Obviously we shouldn't rule it out but its not going to happen so its really pointless to discuss.

I'm pretty sure anyone can do the coaching badges if they have enough money, takes quite a bit more than that to be a football manager.

One Day
02-09-2019, 01:57 PM
No

GreenArmy1875
02-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Any female defensive midfielders available?

Brightside
02-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Any female defensive midfielders available?

Caroline Weir would do a great job. 👍

SeanWilson
02-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Shelley Kerr would do a better job than the current numpty... And she's F'n useless. In reality, no.

H18 SFR
03-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Shelley Kerr would do a better job than the current numpty... And she's F'n useless. In reality, no.

What at getting gassed and holding team meetings?

Liam6270
03-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Well we have a complete fanny as manager now

Since452
03-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Well we have a complete fanny as manager now

No need

Iggy Pope
03-09-2019, 05:19 PM

Hecky is a lot better looking though. He’s not a Hearts **** either.

eezyrider
03-09-2019, 05:39 PM
We should look at all good possible managers regardless of gender. Unfortunately there are now female candidates that fill the bill just now. The day will come though.

EZ

Keith_M
03-09-2019, 06:07 PM
What does "virtue signalling" mean?

judas
03-09-2019, 06:58 PM
I think the appointment of a female manager would be a good financial decision.

Any ripped strips could be easily be repaired by a woman. This would save money on new strips.

If it so happened that any knitting or embroidery were required then there would be no need to outsource for these services.

It’s a yes from me.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Of course.

Hear hear :top marks