PDA

View Full Version : Darren McGregor

21sMay
01-09-2019, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't be against asking Darren to look after the side untill we find someone worth managing our fine club . You would get a bit passion from him at the very least . Heckingbottom stands on the sidelines like a statue whispering the odd bit of advice to his players ..... Just doesn't show any passion for the job whatsoever

SChibs
01-09-2019, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't be against asking Darren to look after the side untill we find someone worth managing our fine club . You would get a bit passion from him at the very least . Heckingbottom stands on the sidelines like a statue whispering the odd bit of advice to his players ..... Just doesn't show any passion for the job whatsoever

That's just his style. There's plenty of good managers out there that don't show much emotion. The problem is they are good managers but Hecky doesn't appear to Be a good manager. He could have all the passion in the world just now but if his tactics, ideas and team selections don't work then we're screwed

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2019, 09:03 AM
That's just his style. There's plenty of good managers out there that don't show much emotion. The problem is they are good managers but Hecky doesn't appear to Be a good manager. He could have all the passion in the world just now but if his tactics, ideas and team selections don't work then we're screwed

This. For all I love a manager who gets right into it that's just a personal preference.
Right now I just want someone who picks the right players, puts them in the right positions and knows how to set a team up not to get over run.

21sMay
01-09-2019, 09:07 AM

I understand what your saying, but even when they scored yesterday he barely moves an inch .
Also slightly off topic ,how he couldn't see the massive gap between midfield and defense after standing still and staring at it all game is unreal ... It's shocking that we can all see what he cannot

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Passion was what finished the last manager. The days of the psychotic bully in the dug out are a thing of the past.

Steve Clarke was a tough manager, but he never lost his cool in public.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 09:20 AM
The obsession with passion and not coaching/football ability is definitely part of the reason Scottish football is so far behind internationally.

21sMay
01-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Passion was what finished the last manager. The days of the psychotic bully in the dug out are a thing of the past.

There's a massive difference to bully in the dugout and manager who has a bit passion .
Jurgen klopp springs to mind . A bit passion is needed when your on the sideline . Show your care about what's happening to your team

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 10:11 AM
There's a massive difference to bully in the dugout and manager who has a bit passion .
Jurgen klopp springs to mind . A bit passion is needed when your on the sideline . Show your care about what's happening to your team

Fair enough, Klopp is exceptional though, in that he bucks the trend of most managers in the Premiership.

hibbie02
01-09-2019, 10:48 AM
I suppose having a manager with passion and no clue about football management is better than one with no passion and no clue.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Perhaps Admins can put up a checklist sticky to ensure that we’ve covered all the angles underlying our displeasure probably needs to be a bit of a matrix as the target widens scope fro
Manager, recruitment, LD, Ron, marketing, stewards. Only thing missing is catering.

hibbie02
01-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Perhaps Admins can put up a checklist sticky to ensure that we’ve covered all the angles underlying our displeasure probably needs to be a bit of a matrix as the target widens scope fro
Manager, recruitment, LD, Ron, marketing, stewards. Only thing missing is catering.

Seagulls?

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 10:59 AM

Turnstiles?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-09-2019, 11:28 AM
I'd like Darren to be our manager at some point in the future, but not now. On a hiding to nothing the way things are at the moment.

pacoluna
01-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Finished the last manager.. only at Hibs. The guys currently managing Celtic 😂😂

Pretty sure Steve Clarke lost his cool after Ibrox last season?

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Seagulls?

Even the seagulls have been boycotting the games

Tarrahib
01-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Even the seagulls have been boycotting the games
Aye. They canna get through the turnstiles.

Here’s Lucy!
01-09-2019, 12:10 PM
even the seagulls have been boycotting the games

lol

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Seagulls?

Ok the only thing that is missing is the catering and the seagulls.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Turnstiles?

Ok the only thing that is missing is the catering and the seagulls ... and the turnstiles :)

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2019, 08:26 PM

Yeah just what we need, a guy with no managerial experience what so ever who happens to be one of our players. Get real.

ancient hibee
01-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Eddie Turnbull sat unmoving in the directors box.I wouldn’t fancy anyone’s chances who suggested to him that he lacked passion.

FilipinoHibs
01-09-2019, 09:15 PM
Fair enough, Klopp is exceptional though, in that he bucks the trend of most managers in the Premiership.

Mourinho

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Yeah just what we need, a guy with no managerial experience what so ever who happens to be one of our players. Get real.

Its what Celtic done with Lennon when Mowbray left them a shambles.

Greenworld
02-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Manager, recruitment, LD, Ron, marketing, stewards. Only thing missing is catering.No I covered that [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
02-09-2019, 06:14 AM

Tannoy system

lyonhibs
02-09-2019, 07:04 AM
If this lust for "passion" above anything else is carried forward in the search for a new manager we'll end up bang in trouble.

neil7908
02-09-2019, 07:14 AM
I know we're all angry at the moment but no chance should we chuck a player into the role hoping it works out.

I would be extremely surprised if the board are not considering options right now. I think they'll give Heck more time but they must be prepared for home going soon.

neil7908
02-09-2019, 07:16 AM
Its what Celtic done with Lennon when Mowbray left them a shambles.

And we did it with Sauzee and that was a disaster.

If we are struggling this year and that's not the time to gamble on a totally unproven manager.

Has McGregor even done any proper coaching yet?

21sMay
02-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Many fans are wanting hecky out . Removing hecky from his post and appointing another manager will cost us a few Bob . I was merely suggesting that Darren could take over for a period of time to see what he can bring to the table, I'd love love for us to go out and bring in a too manager but in reality we aren't going to pay any large compensation for managers when hecky is going to cost a bit to remove from his seat

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Ok the only thing that is missing is the catering and the seagulls ... and the turnstiles :)

What have the club ever done for us?

Greenworld
02-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Many fans are wanting hecky out . Removing hecky from his post and appointing another manager will cost us a few Bob . I was merely suggesting that Darren could take over for a period of time to see what he can bring to the table, I'd love love for us to go out and bring in a too manager but in reality we aren't going to pay any large compensation for managers when hecky is going to cost a bit to remove from his seatOnly around 50k according to some

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 11:44 AM

It's a nice thought but other than his passion and professionalism - do you know that he has any management credentials whatsoever? Serious question as I don't know if he's been working on coaching badges etc etc, there may be other senior players more qualified than him?

I'd sooner we just emptied Hecky now, and identified our long-term target asap. (pssst hopefully Stubbs :greengrin)

J-C
02-09-2019, 03:23 PM
The last time we gave the job to a fans favourite was Sauzee and we all know how that worked out. Let Darren finish his career in his own time and if he wants to coach we'll be happy to take him when he's ready.

Cataplana
02-09-2019, 03:25 PM
If this lust for "passion" above anything else is carried forward in the search for a new manager we'll end up bang in trouble.

I recall that was the quality that made Butcher our number one target.

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2019, 03:29 PM

The catering has got that bad even the seagulls are boycotting

lyonhibs
02-09-2019, 03:29 PM
I recall that was the quality that made Butcher our number one target.

Quod erat demonstrandum as the scholarly Mr Butcher might have opined. Maybe.

HoboHarry
02-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Quod erat demonstrandum as the scholarly Mr Butcher might have opined. Maybe.

No he wouldn't have. He would have asked if he could have chips to go with that.