PDA

View Full Version : Won't be back

Pages : [1] 2

hibbyboy1
01-09-2019, 07:23 AM
I have decided as a season ticket holder for over 30 years I won't be back while the bum as I now call him is manager of hfc

hibbydad
01-09-2019, 07:24 AM
I have decided as a season ticket holder for over 30 years I won't be back while the bum as I now call him is manager of hfc
I will be back but we need rid of him asap

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 07:29 AM
I will be back but we need rid of him asap

The fan's will vote with their feet, the ones attending need to make our voices heard, that this is unacceptable.

Hecky and some Board member's positions are now untenable in my opinion.

hibbydad
01-09-2019, 07:30 AM
The fan's will vote with their feet, the ones attending need to make our voices heard, that this is unacceptable.

Hecky and some Board member's positions are now untenable in my opinion.
I totally agree with you Baldy and sadly that includes Dempster for a disastrous appointment

Nicho87
01-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Sack him now to give the new manager time. Carry on with this and only give a manager from December is risky as we well no.

stubborn dempster over to you.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 07:31 AM

Seriously?? Im as pissed off as anyone and i want the manager removed immediately , but the support need to stick together until this happens. I dont get the whole im not going back chat , its football and things go wrong but no way do i stop supporting the club.

Hibeewilly
01-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Seriously?? Im as pissed off as anyone and i want the manager removed immediately , but the support need to stick together until this happens. I dont get the whole im not going back chat , its football and things go wrong but no way do i stop supporting the club.
Exactly.....my sentiments entirely.

Beefster
01-09-2019, 07:34 AM

Heckingbottom’s a huddy but it’s a bit odd that you stuck with it through the likes of Duffy, Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, if you’re throwing the towel in now.

It’s pish right now but no more pish than under any of those guys.

hibbyboy1
01-09-2019, 07:35 AM

We've all seen the film before this is only going to end one way. Championship here we come.

The_Horde
01-09-2019, 07:38 AM

I get it. I travel over 40 miles to go to Easter road and that's my closest stadium, away games are worse. Certainly until things get better you won't see me at any away games, it's just not worth the extra money only to leave dejected and raging. I can do that from the house, for free.

J-C
01-09-2019, 07:38 AM

I stopped going when Fenlon and Butcher were in charge and came back when Leeann an Stubbs came in.

Lee Marvin
01-09-2019, 07:39 AM
I totally agree with you Baldy and sadly that includes Dempster for a disastrous appointment

So you would sack Dempster for one bad appointment?! Wonderful.

CloudSquall
01-09-2019, 07:39 AM
I think the club has to realize that while we have a hardcore section of the support that is probably around 9-10k the numbers above that will walk away if the product on show and results are bad.

It took a lot of work to get to where we are in terms of number of season tickets, attendance figures, but it's now got to the point that it would be very easy to lose it all.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Heckingbottom’s a huddy but it’s a bit odd that you stuck with it through the likes of Duffy, Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, if you’re throwing the towel in now.

It’s pish right now but no more pish than under any of those guys.

I think a lot of the increased frustration is because we were promised an end to the 'boom and bust' when LD etc came in. There was a big deal made about succession planning, smooth transitions and continued improvement.

Quite evidently that isn't the case and for whatever reason we have abandoned, or modified, a system that appeared to be working relatively well. When Calderwood, Fenlon etc were appointed the club was such a mess there was almost an expectation they would fail. We were told that isn't the case now yet here we are. Some people hang on every word Leeann Dempster says but if she really believes this has been a good transfer window then, to put it bluntly, she is very wrong. Just because she says it doesn't make it true.

Hibs could be playing in an amateur league at the Gyle on a Saturday morning and I'd still be turning up to watch but I understand why people are pissed off enough to be giving games a miss at the moment. I don't agree with it but I get it. It's a very disappointing end to a period in which I really thought things had changed.

flash
01-09-2019, 07:47 AM
I only go when things are good. Two defeats in a row and that's me out for a while.
Nah I would rather be there telling those in charge I am unhappy than sitting at home regretting not being there.

Leith Green
I stopped going when Fenlon and Butcher were in charge and came back when Leeann an Stubbs came in.

Lets be honest though. The whole club was a mess from top to bottom and the fans were being shortchanged by the club then , spending buttons on signings. I dont think we are anywhere near in that kind of position as a club now , we have a really poor manager who needs replaced and some of his signings need emptied that much is clear. I cant see him being here much longer to be honest, ive not spoken to one supporter who doesn’t want shot of him

hibbyboy1
What price is heckingbum to be the next manager relieved of his duties

Greenworld
01-09-2019, 08:03 AM
I have decided as a season ticket holder for over 30 years I won't be back while the bum as I now call him is manager of hfcThe worrying thing is the amount of fans saying the same that they have had enough brutal to watch.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
01-09-2019, 08:17 AM
Lets be honest though. The whole club was a mess from top to bottom and the fans were being shortchanged by the club then , spending buttons on signings. I dont think we are anywhere near in that kind of position as a club now , we have a really poor manager who needs replaced and some of his signings need emptied that much is clear. I cant see him being here much longer to be honest, ive not spoken to one supporter who doesn’t want shot of him

Sadly it’s not just his signings letting us down. Guys such as Hanlon, Stevenson and Whittaker to name but a few have been nothing short of awful. I can’t remember Paul Hanlon losing so many headed high balls. Whitty must have given his man marker ten - fifteen yards yesterday every single time. He was very lucky not to give away a penalty also.
Whatever happened to this high press we were supposed to do? I saw Motherwell do it collectively but we are all over the place.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 08:20 AM

So one bad appointment and the CEO goes? Ridiculous.

jeffers
01-09-2019, 08:25 AM
I'll keep going to the home games, I've watched worse in 45+ years supporting Hibs, but don't blame anyone who stops. We as fans have two choices, vote with our feet or go to the games and make it clear that things aren't acceptable.

A bit surprised at calls for LD to go, no doubt she's made mistakes and appointing Heckingbottom is the biggest of them all, but I'll give her a chance to take the required action before calling for her head.

angus hibby
01-09-2019, 08:28 AM
I only go when things are good. Two defeats in a row and that's me out for a while.
Nah I would rather be there telling those in charge I am unhappy than sitting at home regretting not being there.

It isn’t even two defeats in a row......

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2019, 08:29 AM
So to summarise: Some of you are only willing to support the team and club through the good times.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 08:31 AM

The Lennon “situation” was hardly held wonderfully either.

J-C
01-09-2019, 08:34 AM
So to summarise: Some of you are only willing to support the team and club through the good times.

Nope, I demonstrated my disgust with my feet by not going, change was needed and unless you start demonstrating not going is one of the few ways to show the owners/management that your not happy. My season ticket was paid for so the club still got my money, they just didn't get my support.

J-C
01-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Lennon caused that all by himself by his conduct and certain things said to his boss which would get you sacked in any job.

jeffers
01-09-2019, 08:37 AM

I disagree. Some of the things I heard about Lennon getting rid of him was 100% the correct decision IMO. Yes I'd loved to have heard the specifics but it doesn't always work that way and sometimes as fans we have to accept we won't get every detail.

One Day
01-09-2019, 08:39 AM

If you stop going everytime Hibs are crap you will have missed more than you watched in the last 30 years :wink:

One Day
01-09-2019, 08:44 AM

Well said,

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 08:45 AM
I disagree. Some of the things I heard about Lennon getting rid of him was 100% the correct decision IMO. Yes I'd loved to have heard the specifics but it doesn't always work that way and sometimes as fans we have to accept we won't get every detail.

👍

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Nope, I demonstrated my disgust with my feet by not going, change was needed and unless you start demonstrating not going is one of the few ways to show the owners/management that your not happy. My season ticket was paid for so the club still got my money, they just didn't get my support.

Do you seriously think that management/owners believe the fans are happy?

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Leanne made a point of saying so.

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2019, 08:56 AM
I'll keep going to the home games, I've watched worse in 45+ years supporting Hibs, but don't blame anyone who stops. We as fans have two choices, vote with our feet or go to the games and make it clear that things aren't acceptable.

A bit surprised at calls for LD to go, no doubt she's made mistakes and appointing Heckingbottom is the biggest of them all, but I'll give her a chance to take the required action before calling for her head.As far as Dempster goes..it all depends on how long it takes her to rectify this awful mistake of appointing Hecky. The longer she digs her heels in...the more untenable her position will become imho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

J-C
01-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Butcher was still in charge the day after we got relegated, he then went on to get rid of 2 thirds of the squad, only when Leeann came in did he get booted. Would he still be in charge if Leeann hadn't came and Rod was still at the helm?

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Do you seriously think that management/owners believe the fans are happy?If Dempster checks her Twitter notifications she will be acutely aware of just how strong the fans feel about this...

Montford
01-09-2019, 08:58 AM
A blind man could see this happening. Shame I can’t call up my past post, but soon as I knew Dempster was scouring the English lower leagues for a manager that the upward trajectory would halt and a steady decline would set in. That appointment was probably Hibs most important one for a generation and was treated with malaise by the Board. I think Dempster offers nothing. She got lucky with the cup win and winning the Championship with that squad could have been achieved with no Chief Exec., Sticking the singing section away up in the corner and not listening to the fans reeks of arrogance
Easter Road could have developed a wonderful colourful singing section in the FF lower. Her decisions have been tainted and that’s 2 major ones she has got wrong.
Actually I’m unsure what she’s contributed outwith? That any other run of the mill CE couldn’t have contributed

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 08:59 AM
As far as Dempster goes..it all depends on how long it takes her to rectify this awful mistake of appointing Hecky. The longer she digs her heels in...the more untenable her position will become imho

She is hardly digging her heels in. Her position is very tenable when you look at her record since arriving.

This is all getting very silly.

jeffers
01-09-2019, 09:01 AM
As far as Dempster goes..it all depends on how long it takes her to rectify this awful mistake of appointing Hecky. The longer she digs her heels in...the more untenable her position will become imho

Absolutely, but I've seen no evidence she's digging her heels in at the moment. I know she backed him to an extent in her latest interview but I expected nothing less at that point. She still has credit in the bank for me.......for now.

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
She is hardly digging her heels in. Her position is very tenable when you look at her record since arriving.I disagree yes she has done great but the last 12 to 18 months something has changed and she has clearly got this appointment badly wrong. Not to mention the mess our last 3 summer windows have been.. shes the CEO and the buck stops with her. She gets too much of an easy ride on here and to be Frank she is living off past glories at the moment. It's time to UP her game or move on

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Absolutely, but I've seen no evidence she's digging her heels in at the moment. I know she backed him to an extent in her latest interview but I expected nothing less at that point. She still has credit in the bank for me.......for now.Agreed mate for now...but she needs to act fast and get rid of Hecky...this cant go on much longer

ahibby
01-09-2019, 09:05 AM

I agree with this. I wont be negative at games no booing or shouting at him from me. If I have something to say it wont be at matches but afterwards or in writing to the club.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 09:08 AM

It’s more than you are stating. What worries me is the club appear to have abandoned the succession planning system where we could easily transition to the next head coach because the players brought in weren’t all of the previous head coach’s choosing. Apart from Hallberg do we think another signing wasn’t of Hecky’s doing?

If Hecky goes, we’ve given the next head coach a dogs dinner until January at least. The club seriously is a mess. We all knew our midfield was rubbish last season and our head coach has signed trash on long term deals and not fixed the problem. High press with Newell, I’m starting to think Hecky is a comedian.

B.H.F.C
01-09-2019, 09:14 AM
The comments of people who are fiercely loyal to the club, Baldy Foghorn as an example, tell their own story.

The club are sleepwalking in to an absolute disaster at the moment. It isn’t going to get better with the current guy in charge. There is nothing happening on the pitch that even hints at it. We’re in a bad place.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 09:17 AM
It’s more than you are stating. What worries me is the club appear to have abandoned the succession planning system where we could easily transition to the next head coach because the players brought in weren’t all of the previous head coach’s choosing. Apart from Hallberg do we think another signing wasn’t of Hecky’s doing?

If Hecky goes, we’ve given the next head coach a dogs dinner until January at least. The club seriously is a mess. We all knew our midfield was rubbish last season and our head coach has signed trash on long term deals and not fixed the problem. High press with Newell, I’m starting to think Hecky is a comedian.

The point i was making was that we were in a far deeper mess throughout the club back when calderwood , fenlon , butcher were here. Im not saying that things behind the scenes are great right now , just that it was far worse in the era JC was referring to.

B.H.F.C
01-09-2019, 09:21 AM
The point i was making was that we were in a far deeper mess throughout the club back when calderwood , fenlon , butcher were here. Im not saying that things behind the scenes are great right now , just that it was far worse in the era JC was referring to.

That’s a fair point. But if those in charge continue to ignore the obvious, the infrastructure and setup at the club counts for absolutely nothing.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 09:22 AM
That’s a fair point. But if those in charge continue to ignore the obvious, the infrastructure and setup at the club counts for absolutely nothing.

I completely agree

emerald green
01-09-2019, 09:22 AM
The comments of people who are fiercely loyal to the club, Baldy Foghorn as an example, tell their own story.

The club are sleepwalking in to an absolute disaster at the moment. It isn’t going to get better with the current guy in charge. There is nothing happening on the pitch that even hints at it. We’re in a bad place.

Spot on post. :top marks

madhatter
01-09-2019, 09:26 AM

If we recruit players the same way we did while Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher was here, it doesn’t really matter if we have no debt, a training centre and everything else. We’re on a rapid decline, fans are saying they won’t be back. We are in a bad mess and it’s going to get worse.

We’re lucky we are on 4 points. St Johnstone deserved to beat us and St Mirren was a lucky one based on how little we actually did for the whole match. The football is awful.

Hibeesmad
01-09-2019, 09:26 AM
After another horrendous result yesterday I’d be happy to see him neither sacked or resigned

Killiehibbie
01-09-2019, 09:33 AM
I won't stop going completely but will be far more selective until such time as there is improvement.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Think it's crazy that "supporters" wont go support when the team is playing poorly, surely that's what being a supporter is?

madhatter
01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
The
Think it's crazy that "supporters" wont go support when the team is playing poorly, surely that's what being a supporter is?

Surely the club has a responsibility to ensure we have something worth supporting? It’s a difficult predicament because how do fans portray their dismay if they continue to turn up in the same numbers? Speak to fan reps or hold a sign saying “Hecky out” and sing derogatory songs asking him to get lost? Surely not turning up is best option for some? Rather than hurl abuse, spend money on transport to endure poor “football” and leave with a guaranteed loss...

Hibs are looking at business away from football. I’ll be a supporter when I know my football club isn’t taking our supporters for granted. Get a product on the pitch that is good. Losing games isn’t the problem, it’s the manner of the losses.

It’s so bad, we cannot see where the next win is coming from. Also feels like we are one of the weakest teams in the league and in every game we are expected to lose.

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 09:55 AM
The

Surely the club has a responsibility to ensure we have something worth supporting? It’s a difficult predicament because how do fans portray their dismay if they continue to turn up in the same numbers? Speak to fan reps or hold a sign saying “Hecky out” and sing derogatory songs asking him to get lost? Surely not turning up is best option for some? Rather than hurl abuse, spend money on transport to endure poor “football” and leave with a guaranteed loss...

Hibs are looking at business away from football. I’ll be a supporter when I know my football club isn’t taking our supporters for granted. Get a product on the pitch that is good. Losing games isn’t the problem, it’s the manner of the losses.

It’s so bad, we cannot see where the next win is coming from. Also feels like we are one of the weakest teams in the league and in every game we are expected to lose.

I can see where the next win is coming from. We will beat Killie next week.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 10:00 AM
I can see where the next win is coming from. We will beat Killie next week.

Miracles are possible because we aren’t playing them for another week!

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 10:03 AM
I'll keep going, and support the team as best I can, but we'll definitely see a drop in attendances if we carry on playing in the same manner.

It'll be really sad if the attendance boost we got from the Cup win disappears now.

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Miracles are possible because we aren’t playing them for another week!

In that case, I will withold my prediction. It is possible we will have a new manager before that game.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 10:04 AM
After another horrendous result yesterday I’d be happy to see him neither sacked or resigned

Did you mean 'either'?

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 10:06 AM
In that case, I will withold my prediction. It is possible we will have a new manager before that game.

I like your idea. We have a much better chance of beating them if they don't turn up.

3-0 win, isn't it?

coldingham hibs
01-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately not going means the club have less money to give a new manager so it won’t help improve the standard of player. It is a catch 22 but maybe the best action is to demonstrate vocally from the stand. Maybe HSL could withhold any money being paid into the club until a new manager is in place. Who knows it’s all quite depressing 😞

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2019, 10:26 AM

I will not be back while he and that team are playing with so little regard for the jersey, have already had my say on other threads, just being a not so uber supporter of close to 60 years I have had enough.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Unfortunately not going means the club have less money to give a new manager so it won’t help improve the standard of player. It is a catch 22 but maybe the best action is to demonstrate vocally from the stand. Maybe HSL could withhold any money being paid into the club until a new manager is in place. Who knows it’s all quite depressing 😞

Club have my money already so me turning up makes no financial difference to them.

Box 17
01-09-2019, 10:29 AM
The club need to ensure that all the doom and gloom at the moment does not become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The good thing is that we are early in the season which allows the direction to change, whether that be a change in manager or even wins in our next couple of games. The danger is if nothing does change we all know that when a club gets into a nosedive it is very difficult to do something about it.

Lets hope the club remember our recent history and don't allow the malaise to take root and are prepared to take decisive action before it's to late.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 10:29 AM

It does more damage to just blindly support the manager as the club goes sliding into disaster. We’ve all seen this film before.

jeffers
01-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Club have my money already so me turning up makes no financial difference to them.

Not from walk ups though they will see the impact of that. St J. was first game in a while we didn’t open the South for home fans.

Since452
01-09-2019, 10:32 AM

DM me. I'll take it for good price 😉

thegaffer12
01-09-2019, 10:33 AM
What if Hallberg is a hybrid SJM, McGeouch and Bartley and single handedly wins us our next 10 games?

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2019, 10:36 AM
What if Hallberg is a hybrid SJM, McGeouch and Bartley and single handedly wins us our next 10 games?

And your point is caller?

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2019, 10:49 AM

Out of order.

Yes, she got it wrong with heckingbottom's appointment, but all the unquestionable good that she has done for our club demands far more respect than what you are giving her.

She got it right with both Stubbs and Lennon, which in this supporters eyes keeps her in credit.

southern hibby
01-09-2019, 10:55 AM
For me it’s not just the football, it’s a way of life. I live for the next game and trust me I’ve watched some bad teams. However how much do we have to take till it’s actually a smooth procession as we’ve been promised? This team is dire, except for a few players who are trying.

We’re keeping money back for more development at East Mains, but what has EM actually brought us player wise since it opened. I believe about half a mill a year to run it and the cost to build it more costs now for an indoor pitch and for what? How many players have actually come through and made the grade? HOW MANY HAVE WE ACTUALLY SOLD ON THATS CAME THROUGH THE RANKS? Obviously this isn’t PH fault but we should be asking what we are getting for our money that we are spending or at least who is scouting and developing our kids to first team level.

id be asking, rather than spending money on an indoor pitch would we not be better spending money on bringing in top youth coaches and scouts and seeing if we cannot get a generation of players like we did have that we sold for millions and had a great time watching them play.

GGTTH

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 10:59 AM
It does more damage to just blindly support the manager as the club goes sliding into disaster. We’ve all seen this film before.

It's not supporting the manager though, its supporting the team, as I said on another thread I will never say folk are wrong for not going, it's up to individuals, it's just not for me to stop going because we are currently playing crap.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Do us all a favour, the next time you want to disappear in a strop can you do it without starting an attention seeking thread on here.
Thanks.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:02 AM
For me it’s not just the football, it’s a way of life. I live for the next game and trust me I’ve watched some bad teams. However how much do we have to take till it’s actually a smooth procession as we’ve been promised? This team is dire, except for a few players who are trying.

We’re keeping money back for more development at East Mains, but what has EM actually brought us player wise since it opened. I believe about half a mill a year to run it and the cost to build it more costs now for an indoor pitch and for what? How many players have actually come through and made the grade? HOW MANY HAVE WE ACTUALLY SOLD ON THATS CAME THROUGH THE RANKS? Obviously this isn’t PH fault but we should be asking what we are getting for our money that we are spending or at least who is scouting and developing our kids to first team level.

id be asking, rather than spending money on an indoor pitch would we not be better spending money on bringing in top youth coaches and scouts and seeing if we cannot get a generation of players like we did have that we sold for millions and had a great time watching them play.

GGTTH

Should be looking at what Ajax do. I know they are a much bigger club but they seem to place so much focus in youth development and they get it right more than they get it wrong. I know they are one of the biggest clubs in the Netherlands but there will be massive clubs scouting in their areas for talented Dutch players and they still manage to get brilliant players and develop them to a ridiculous level.

cmcd
01-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Sadly it’s not just his signings letting us down. Guys such as Hanlon, Stevenson and Whittaker to name but a few have been nothing short of awful. I can’t remember Paul Hanlon losing so many headed high balls. Whitty must have given his man marker ten - fifteen yards yesterday every single time. He was very lucky not to give away a penalty also.
Whatever happened to this high press we were supposed to do? I saw Motherwell do it collectively but we are all over the place.

Whittaker was one of our better players yesterday but was left exposed on a number of occasions. Saw him twice trying to get through to the manager without any success. As for Stevenson he has only been back for a few games after long term injury.I would think that he deserves a little time .

familyman
01-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Having paid for a season ticket I will be back but
this team lacks class and new faces show so far they are well below standards Hibs expect.Newspaper talk of we’ll win the fans round are just words.
you cannot expect players of limited ability to achieve European status for the club..so why on earth sign them?
i do not blame the players but those who made those decisions
Hibs are a Capital city club of some stature and players need to be bought to match those aspirations....
shocking state we are becoming a joke

👍

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Should be looking at what Ajax do. I know they are a much bigger club but they seem to place so much focus in youth development and they get it right more than they get it wrong. I know they are one of the biggest clubs in the Netherlands but there will be massive clubs scouting in their areas for talented Dutch players and they still manage to get brilliant players and develop them to a ridiculous level.

Ajax supporters also recognise that progress is cyclical, and are realistic in what they expect from the club.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:12 AM
I completely agree. I could understand if this had dragged on for a long time, rather than 4 league games. Talk of boycotting the club are pathetic.

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 11:14 AM
I completely agree. I could understand if this had dragged on for a long time, rather than 4 league games. Talk of boycotting the club are pathetic.

Empry barrels make the most noise.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Who has actually said boycotting the club?

BlackSheep
01-09-2019, 11:17 AM

The thing about looking to youth is that as a club we would have to bare the brunt of the younger players finding their feet and being bled into first team football.

But on the whole I agree our youth set up being more involved with the first team actually could be successful.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Who has actually said boycotting the club?
The op.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Ajax supporters also recognise that progress is cyclical, and are realistic in what they expect from the club.

You done an Ajax fan survey?

Seeing as you know what Ajax fans are like, I’ll add to that with they also know the club will have another De Jong and De Ligt within 5 years. I mean, they had Suarez, Ibrahimovic and so on. They’ve always invested money to get good players and it has always seemed like a club plan rather than managerial “I know this player”.

Pretty sure Ajax fans would be unhappy losing 3 nil to a team that has an attendance that is almost 1/3 of their average attendance and they certainly would be outraged should the football reach our current standard. Let’s not make it out that our fans are more fickle than others.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:25 AM
The op.

Have they? They said they won’t be back. I might have missed where they said we should be boycotting the club.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Have they? They said they won’t be back. I might have missed where they said we should be boycotting the club.
By not going back he’s boycotting the club.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Having paid for a season ticket I will be back but
this team lacks class and new faces show so far they are well below standards Hibs expect.Newspaper talk of we’ll win the fans round are just words.
you cannot expect players of limited ability to achieve European status for the club..so why on earth sign them?
i do not blame the players but those who made those decisions
Hibs are a Capital city club of some stature and players need to be bought to match those aspirations....
shocking state we are becoming a joke

Very good post.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:29 AM
By not going back he’s boycotting the club.

By not going back to a cinema, because you watched an awful film, are you boycotting the cinema? It is not a duty to support Hibs, it is a choice. If people get fed up with it then it’s their choice, who are you, or anyone, to say what they should and should not be doing?

H18 SFR
01-09-2019, 11:31 AM

I could understand not going back to your favourite boozer or chippy etc but what will you do rather than go to Easter Road like you have for 30 years? Three decades!

The Green Goblin
01-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Each to their own mate. I will be there for the derby and the game after that and so on and if it’s rank I’ll use the fact that I am there to have my say. Appreciate that others will show their anger in different ways though.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:33 AM
By not going back to a cinema, because you watched an awful film, are you boycotting the cinema? It is not a duty to support Hibs, it is a choice. If people get fed up with it then it’s their choice, who are you, or anyone, to say what they should and should not be doing?
If you have a season ticket and decide you’re not going back until there’s a change in manager, then you’re boycotting the club. If that’s what the guy wants to do then that’s up to him, but imo it’s pathetic.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2019, 11:40 AM

That's ok mate. As in years gone by the 7 to 10 thousand who actually care about the club will do our best to keep it going until things are good enough for you to grace the stands with your presence :aok:

Sir David Gray
I'll continue going to home games but yesterday was my last away game until Heckingbottom goes.

Coco Bryce
If you have a season ticket and decide you’re not going back until there’s a change in manager, then you’re boycotting the club. If that’s what the guy wants to do then that’s up to him, but imo it’s pathetic.

Absolute garbage. The guy has paid his money to the club so he can do whatever he wants. Whether he goes or not makes no difference.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Absolute garbage. The guy has paid his money to the club so he can do whatever he wants. Whether he goes or not make no difference.
I agree he can do what he wants, I’m certainly not telling him he should go, I’m giving my opinion on his reason for not going. I think giving my opinion on him not going is fair enough given that he’s started a thread on a fans forum on the subject.

madhatter

Your boycotting the club even though they already have your money...ok then...Fans have every right to do what they feel like. I think most fans don’t care whether you or the club find it pathetic.

Celtic and Rangers have grown into the clubs they are because of some pseudo religious duty rubbish. I’m so glad both Edinburgh clubs have largely avoided that even though it has perhaps caused a decline in “supporters”. I find Rangers fans in the stand with their orange t-shirts through thick or thin pathetic. I find Celtic fans waving Irish flags through thick or thin pathetic.

Can a fan decide to stop going because they don’t want to watch rubbish football? Or is that boycotting? Or are they not supporters then? Imagine all these non-Uber fans stopped paying for their STs, now that would be proper boycotting. Probably see that next season at this rate.

Weegreenman
I wouldn’t blame or point fingers at anyone for not turning up to watch this pish. I’ve got a season ticket so the money is already in the coffers. So it wouldn’t make much of a difference as a protest, well not initially anyway.

I’d like to hear Leeann give an interview and acknowledge what’s happening and the depth of feeling from the supporters and I’d like to know what she intends to do about it.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Your boycotting the club even though they already have your money...ok then...Fans have every right to do what they feel like. I think most fans don’t care whether you or the club find it pathetic.

Celtic and Rangers have grown into the clubs they are because of some pseudo religious duty rubbish. I’m so glad both Edinburgh clubs have largely avoided that even though it has perhaps caused a decline in “supporters”. I find Rangers fans in the stand with their orange t-shirts through thick or thin pathetic. I find Celtic fans waving Irish flags through thick or thin pathetic.

Can a fan decide to stop going because they don’t want to watch rubbish football? Or is that boycotting? Or are they not supporters then? Imagine all these non-Uber fans stopped paying for their STs, now that would be proper boycotting. Probably see that next season at this rate.
I’ve made my point pretty clearly and tbh you’re rambling on about things now.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2019, 11:46 AM
ST holders boycotting won't have any effect

whereas walk-up's :)

madhatter
01-09-2019, 11:47 AM
I’ve made my point pretty clearly and tbh you’re rambling on about things now.

Your arrogance is clear.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2019, 11:49 AM
You can talk about ‘loyalty’ and ‘true Hibbies’ and ‘proper supporters’ and ‘you should be this’ and ‘you ought to have been like that’ all day long.
But the bottom line is that this guy isn’t going to sell Hibernian season tickets.

If Gordon is a businessman who gives a toss about this business, I doubt he’ll impressed with ST’s pegging back under 10k which is most certainly the trajectory we’re on with this massively uninspiring management.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2019, 11:50 AM
I’ll be at each home game this season cause I’ve paid for the ST.

I won’t be buying a ST again if the club spends more money on East Mains or any community stuff before sorting out the team.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 12:02 PM

GGTTH

Good post:aok::top marks

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Watching this Rangers vs Celtic game shows how bad we are. For us to get gubbed by 6 and totally outplayed by the huns says a lot about our team and our setup and mentality

Coco Bryce
01-09-2019, 12:27 PM
I agree he can do what he wants, I’m certainly not telling him he should go, I’m giving my opinion on his reason for not going. I think giving my opinion on him not going is fair enough given that he’s started a thread on a fans forum on the subject.

You said it was Pathetic. Hardly 😂

tamig
01-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Maybe see you later then. Cheers.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 12:42 PM
You said it was Pathetic. Hardly 😂
That’s because I think it is pathetic.

Fergos
01-09-2019, 12:43 PM
I won’t be back at ER until the the next home game against yamoids, made my mind up about that for sure, no going back on it.

GGTTH

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 12:48 PM

Ajax league wins since 1970

1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019

I think any Hibs Fan would be happy to stick with the club with THAT kind of cyclical success.

Johnny Clash
01-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Folk are entitled to not go back, chuck their scarves away or whatever. Just as other supporters are entitled to act differently. Each to their own.

lucky
01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Hibs are a very poor side to watch. The manager likes to blame everything and everyone for the way the team play. Our Chief Executive seems more interested in the woman’s team and the community foundation. Her latest spin when she said Hibs had a good transfer window is laughable. The signings are that bad even our arse of a manager won’t play them.

It’s time for radical change at Hibs. Dempster, Craig and Heckingbottom should go. Hibs are already looking like relegation fodder. I don’t blame anyone for not going to watch this crap team

One Day Soon
01-09-2019, 01:11 PM
I have two things to say.

1. This situation is an acid test for Leeann and if she can't act decisevely and early there is a danger she will end up being compromised by it too.

2. I won't boycott games with my and the boy's season tickets, but there is a very serious chance that while we're stagnating horribly like this I'll look at an average game on a saturday morning and think "Nah, **** it, he's 13 and will belong to the world soon enough - let's do something fun together instead while we he still wants to hang around with me".

Big Deek
01-09-2019, 01:51 PM

A bit surprised at calls for LD to go, no doubt she's made mistakes and appointing Heckingbottom is the biggest of them all, but I'll give her a chance to take the required action before calling for her head.

How exactly as fans do we "make it clear that things aren't acceptable" The Board won't listen to fans as long as we turn up every week and buy goods from the shop. I don't blame anyone who says they are not going back as the "football" on offer is third rate.

Since452
01-09-2019, 01:54 PM
We've seen our team humiliated in a cup final by our city neighbours, we've seen us blow a 2 goal lead at home against little Hamilton Accies to send us down, we've seen us playing joiners and painters for 3 seasons in the Championship at places like Alloa and Cowdenbeath. Will take a lot to make me walk away now if those things didn't. It's poor but it's nowhere near that bad.

hfc rd
01-09-2019, 02:11 PM
ST holders boycotting won't have any effect

whereas walk-up's :)

Disagree. A sea of empty green seats in the home ends on matchdays will be clear evidence that the fans are not satisfied.

Me and my mate both have season tickets but right now, I’m genuinely not fussed one bit if I miss a few games and neither is he. Didn’t bother attending the St Johnstone game last week as preferred to go watch the Scotland vs France rugby game at Murrayfield as felt it would be more entertaining to watch and better value for money & I certainly wasn’t wrong with that decision. I don’t blame anyone else that is atm not really fussed about going to our games whether they are a STH or not. The product on the park is utter garbage. Players don’t seem to have any passion when they pull on that Hibs top and a manager, that after being backed quite significantly in the transfer market, doesn’t have a single clue what his best team and formation is. If the board really think everything is fine then I’m afraid they are in for quite a rude awakening.

Ralphy C
01-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Heckingbottom gettin it tight coz it looks like hes a crap manager, but its ok it seems for people on here to be crap supporters.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Heckingbottom gettin it tight coz it looks like hes a crap manager, but its ok it seems for people on here to be crap supporters.

Crap supporters? I assume you are an attention seeker...

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Sign me up where you get paid and make a career out of being a supporter instead of spending ****loads to watch a team in major regression.

You may remember such crap supporters as very recently going through a cup final humiliation and relegation. Pardon if many of the same are agitated.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Each to their own, I personally don’t get how fans just stop going when the going gets tough. Supporting a football team is through good and bad times to me and always will be.

InchHibby
01-09-2019, 06:00 PM
I don’t agree with Leanne having to go because she appointed him, as we all know, he talks a great game and system, unfortunately it’s all talk.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Sign me up where you get paid and make a career out of being a supporter instead of spending ****loads to watch a team in major regression.

You may remember such crap supporters as very recently going through a cup final humiliation and relegation. Pardon if many of the same are agitated.
Most of our so called fans had already decided not to bother turning up for games in those seasons, apart for finals obviously. If people only want to support hibs when we’re doing well then that’s entirely up to them. I don’t understand the attention seeking that comes with it. Why come onto a fans forum and tell everyone you’re not coming back? Are they trying to encourage other fans to join them in their boycott?

Ralphy C
01-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Crap supporters? I assume you are an attention seeker...

Assume what you want, but if anybody's not going back cos of 2 bad away results this early in the season,in my opinion they are not very good supporters.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:08 PM
I don’t agree with Leanne having to go because she appointed him, as we all know, he talks a great game and system, unfortunately it’s all talk.

Today I’ve read that Dempster, Craig, Mathie and Heckingbottom should go. I understand people wanting the manager to go, but how much do people know about the role the others play at the club? My guess is very little. People want the whole recruitment team sacked after one bad window even though they’ve no idea the circumstances behind our signings arriving.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Most of our so called fans had already decided not to bother turning up for games in those seasons, apart for finals obviously. If people only want to support hibs when we’re doing well then that’s entirely up to them. I don’t understand the attention seeking that comes with it. Why come onto a fans forum and tell everyone you’re not coming back? Are they trying to encourage other fans to join them in their boycott?

Using “attention seeking” in a comment you are posting “onto a fans forum” to criticise “so called fans” is some hypocritical stuff. We’ve got fans voicing their concerns in their ways, one of which you’ve considered their reasons as “pathetic” and also called my stance against your stance as just “ramblings”.

Sorry to say it but I worry more about the sectors of our support that seem to look down on others. We’ve even had a comment on this thread calling sectors “crap supporters”.

Your attitude to fellow fans certainly won’t encourage more fans to turn up so I guess you’ll be fuelling the discontent even more! I’ve paid my money and that’s my method of supporting Hibs, if that’s not good enough for you and others, being honest you can gtf. Arrogance from some fans stinks, you aren’t even considering what some supporters sacrifice to support Hibs.

Killiehibbie
01-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Assume what you want, but if anybody's not going back cos of 2 bad away results this early in the season,in my opinion they are not very good supporters.

The problem goes back to last season and has been made worse. Maybe we were temporarily spoiled with a few finals, winning the cup and now normal service has been resumed.

madhatter

Even if they have bought STs, sub to HibsTV and sub to HSL?

Supporting a football club is not a duty. It’s a choice. Im not accountable to you or fellow fans, why do you expect other fans should meet your criteria? It’s fall into line stuff, ridiculous tribalism.

emerald green
Today I’ve read that Dempster, Craig, Mathie and Heckingbottom should go. I understand people wanting the manager to go, but how much do people know about the role the others play at the club? My guess is very little. People want the whole recruitment team sacked after one bad window even though they’ve no idea the circumstances behind our signings arriving.

The bit in bold. Do you? Maybe you could enlighten everyone if you do?

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Using “attention seeking” in a comment you are posting “onto a fans forum” to criticise “so called fans” is some hypocritical stuff. We’ve got fans voicing their concerns in their ways, one of which you’ve considered their reasons as “pathetic” and also called my stance against your stance as just “ramblings”.

Sorry to say it but I worry more about the sectors of our support that seem to look down on others. We’ve even had a comment on this thread calling sectors “crap supporters”.

Your attitude to fellow fans certainly won’t encourage more fans to turn up so I guess you’ll be fuelling the discontent even more! I’ve paid my money and that’s my method of supporting Hibs, if that’s not good enough for you and others, being honest you can gtf. Arrogance from some fans stinks, you aren’t even considering what some supporters sacrifice to support Hibs.

I called one of your posts rambling as you went off on a tangent about old form fans which had nothing to do with the debate. I’m not in anyway being arrogant, I’ve repeatedly said that it’s up to the individual to decide whether they go or not. Their reason for not going might be perfectly viable for them, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. This is a fans forum where fans give their opinions, it seems to me that you just don’t like my opinion. That’s fair enough, but I won’t be telling you to get to **** though as I try and avoid that sort of thing.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:23 PM
The bit in bold. Do you? Maybe you could enlighten everyone if you do?

I’ve not got a clue, I don’t even know who Mathie is. Plenty on here seem to though and plenty seem to know enough to be calling for them to lose their jobs. People should remember that these guys are human beings with families and bills to pay just like me and you. Flippantly calling for people to be sacked without being in full possession of the facts isn’t fair imo.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:24 PM
I called one of your posts rambling as you went off on a tangent about old form fans which had nothing to do with the debate. I’m not in anyway being arrogant, I’ve repeatedly said that it’s up to the individual to decide whether they go or not. Their reason for not going might be perfectly viable for them, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. This is a fans forum where fans give their opinions, it seems to me that you just don’t like my opinion. That’s fair enough, but I won’t be telling you to get to **** though as I try and avoid that sort of thing.

Yeah, you just call people’s reasons pathetic...

Ah so it is a fans forum, so why are you criticising fans for their opinion on the George Craig, Leeann Dempster and so on? Guess, your opinion gives you justification on that one, eh?

You honestly come across as someone trying to stir stuff up and then say “it wasn’t me” or “I would never say such a thing”.

Glad you aren’t responsible for getting more fans turning up at ER...

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2019, 06:25 PM

We’ll support u evermore*

* see conditions attached below...

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Yeah, you just call people’s reasons pathetic...

Ah so it is a fans forum, so why are you criticising fans for their opinion on the George Craig, Leeann Dempster and so on? Guess, your opinion gives you justification on that one, eh?

You honestly come across as someone trying to stir stuff up and then say “it wasn’t me” or “I would never say such a thing”.

Glad you aren’t responsible for getting more fans turning up at ER...

I’m giving my opinion that’s what these boards are for.

Fergos
01-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Each to their own, I personally don’t get how fans just stop going when the going gets tough. Supporting a football team is through good and bad times to me and always will be.

Agree, thick and thin, I’d watch Hibs if they were playing 5s at Porty.

GGTTH

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:29 PM
I’ve not got a clue, I don’t even know who Mathie is. Plenty on here seem to though and plenty seem to know enough to be calling for them to lose their jobs. People should remember that these guys are human beings with families and bills to pay just like me and you. Flippantly calling for people to be sacked without being in full possession of the facts isn’t fair imo.

Ah but fans that might have families as well should turn up rain or shine regardless to support their team...

After all, they’ll have other fans judging them on the reasons for not going, what was the word you used again, pathetic?

Hypocritical. Flippantly calling another fans reason for not turning up pathetic without knowing other things that might be motivating them to quit going.

I don’t agree with the call for sacking but there should be performance reviews for these individuals. It’s also more than 1 transfer window. It’s almost every summer transfer window that stinks, always scrambling to save the season in January.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:32 PM

So am I. I’m calling you out for having a go at fellow fans. Just my opinion that the way people criticise fellow fans should be more empathetic and less judgmental. Almost detect a feeling some fans aren’t welcome and some think the club will be better without them. My opinion on that front, is good luck with that.

Real Emerald
01-09-2019, 06:34 PM

How is it pathetic, he’s invested his money in a season ticket and is now having to watch a pish team with a pish manager who has brought in pish signings. He is not in the mood to go back after watching his club nosedive into the championship for 3 seasons before turning the corner. We’re nosediving again and like a lot of us can’t really take it again. What is so hard to understand about the feelings of loads of fans? Hecky has to go or the place will be deserted.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Ah but fans that might have families as well should turn up rain or shine regardless to support their team...

After all, they’ll have other fans judging them on the reasons for not going, what was the word you used again, pathetic?

Hypocritical. Flippantly calling another fans reason for not turning up pathetic without knowing other things that might be motivating them to quit going.

I don’t agree with the call for sacking but there should be performance reviews for these individuals. It’s also more than 1 transfer window. It’s almost every summer transfer window that stinks, always scrambling to save the season in January.

You’re just being silly now.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
How is it pathetic, he’s invested his money in a season ticket and is now having to watch a pish team with a pish manager who has brought in pish signings. He is not in the mood to go back after watching his club nosedive into the championship for 3 seasons before turning the corner. We’re nosediving again and like a lot of us can’t really take it again. What is so hard to understand about the feelings of loads of fans? Hecky has to go or the place will be deserted.

It will be deserted at the next home game if everyone takes the same course of action as the op.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
You’re just being silly now.

There’s you judging again. Fill your boots. Glad I don’t sit anywhere near you at ER.

Real Emerald
01-09-2019, 06:41 PM
It will be deserted at the next home game if everyone takes the same course of action as the op.

I’ve watched pish Hibs teams all my life but it’s the utter disappointment of us throwing away all that has been achieved over the last few years so quickly that’s hard to swallow. I am a long time ST holder and I’ve done my share of supporting very poor Hibs teams over the years but I think I’ll have to think twice before going back to watch this clueless manager making our club a laughing stock. He HAS to go or we’ll be in more serious trouble than we already are.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:41 PM
There’s you judging again. Fill your boots. Glad I don’t sit anywhere near you at ER.

Well you are being silly. If there’s reasons other than the manager for the guy not coming back then the reason for his non attendance isn’t just Heckingbottom. That would make his reason for starting this thread and posting what he did a lot of nonsense. You seem to be getting a bit hot under the collar about this for some reason. I get that you don’t agree with me, but you’re taking things a bit too far imo with personal insults.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Well you are being silly. If there’s reasons other than the manager for the guy not coming back then the reason for his non attendance is just Heckingbottom. That would make his reason for starting this thread and posting what he did a lot of nonsense. You seem to be getting a bit hot under the collar about this for some reason. I get that you don’t agree with me, but you’re taking things a bit too far imo with personal insults.

What personal insults?

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:44 PM
I’ve watched pish Hibs teams all my life but it’s the utter disappointment of us throwing away all that has been achieved over the last few years so quickly that’s hard to swallow. I am a long time ST holder and I’ve done my share of supporting very poor Hibs teams over the years but I think I’ll have to think twice before going back to watch this clueless manager making our club a laughing stock. He HAS to go or we’ll be in more serious trouble than we already are.
I agree 100% with you, especially the part about us throwing away all the good work that’s been done. I just don’t agree with boycotting the club. Hibs will be here long after Heckingbottom goes.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:45 PM
What personal insults?

You’ve told me to get to **** and that you’re glad you don’t sit next to me at games. All this is based on an opinion I’ve given on a certain topic on a message board.

AL-Qaholik
01-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Well you are being silly. If there’s reasons other than the manager for the guy not coming back then the reason for his non attendance is just Heckingbottom. That would make his reason for starting this thread and posting what he did a lot of nonsense. You seem to be getting a bit hot under the collar about this for some reason. I get that you don’t agree with me, but you’re taking things a bit too far imo with personal insults.

Calling people "pathetic" then crying wolf about personal insults. Congratulations, your trolling level is over 9000.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 06:47 PM

You forgetting last seasons end and the pish league cup performances this season? Let me remind you!

Post split

Hibs 0-0 Celtic - lucky to escape with a draw, Celtic had 20 shots on goal that day.

Hibs 1-1 Hearts - held by the worst Hearts team since the season they went down, they equalised and we shat it.

The Rangers 1-0 - barely laid a glove on them. 1 shot on target Crap negative performance.

Kilmarnock 1-0 Hibs. 3 shots on target the whole game, dreadful performance and lucky not to lose by more, more negative pish.

Hibs 1-2 Aberdeen - went ahead, shat it, sat deep. Negative negative negative!

League Cup

Stirling 1-1 Hibs (4-5 on pens) - possibly the worst I've seen our team play. Lucky to get a bonus point. No game plan that day

Hibs 2-0 Alloa - More negative pist and had to wait a long time to get the goals.

Hibs 3-0 Arbrosth - An early goal settled us but that game wasn't without its scares. Looked comfortable but at times it wasn't.

Elgin 0-2 Hibs - We were crap that night as well and Elgin will feel they deserved something from the game.

Remember every single team in our group are part-time and we struggled against them

League season

Hibs 1-0 St Mirren - St Mirren were the better team and deserved a point

The Rangers 6-1 Hibs - Quite simply shocking and baffling subs - should have been sacked after that match.

Hibs 2-2 St Johnstone - Tried to play for a 1-0 win, got what we deserved that day. Heckys fault again.

M/Well 3-0 Hibs - Try a defend yesterdays performance please. I'd love to hear it.

Six points from a possible Thirty.

If this was the EPL he'd have been sacked weeks ago

6 POINTS FROM 30 AND CRAP PERFORMANCES TO BOOT. LET THAT SINK IN. HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2019, 06:48 PM

because that's what it's all about of course

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Calling people "pathetic" then crying wolf about personal insults. Congratulations, your trolling level is over 9000.

I didn’t call him pathetic I said his reason for not coming back was pathetic. I’ve been using this forum for a long time and you’re the first person to ever accuse me of trolling. As for crying wolf, that would suggest I was making it up, which clearly I’m not.

Stuart93
01-09-2019, 06:49 PM
You forgetting last seasons end and the pish league cup performances this season? Let me remind you!

Post split

Hibs 0-0 Celtic - lucky to escape with a draw, Celtic had 20 shots on goal that day.

Hibs 1-1 Hearts - held by the worst Hearts team since the season they went down, they equalised and we shat it.

The Rangers 1-0 - barely laid a glove on them. 1 shot on target Crap negative performance.

Kilmarnock 1-0 Hibs. 3 shots on target the whole game, dreadful performance and lucky not to lose by more, more negative pish.

League Cup

Stirling 1-1 Hibs (4-5 on pens) - possibly the worst I've seen our team play. Lucky to get a bonus point. No game plan that day

Hibs 2-0 Alloa - More negative pist and had to wait a long time to get the goals.

Hibs 3-0 Arbrosth - An early goal settled us but that game wasn't without its scares. Looked comfortable but at times it wasn't.

Elgin 0-2 Hibs - We were crap that night as well and Elgin will feel they deserved something from the game.

Remember every single team in our group are part-time and we struggled against them

League season

The Rangers 6-1 Hibs - Quite simply shocking and baffling subs - should have been sacked after that match.

Hibs 2-2 St Johnstone - Tried to play for a 1-0 win, got what we deserved that day. Heckys fault again.

M/Well 3-0 Hibs - Try a defend yesterdays performance please. I'd love to hear it.

6 POINTS FROM 30 AND CRAP PERFORMANCES TO BOOT. LET THAT SINK IN. HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!

6 points from 30 is horrendous

madhatter
01-09-2019, 06:50 PM
You’ve told me to get to **** and that you’re glad you don’t sit next to me at games. All this is based on an opinion I’ve given on a certain topic on a message board.

I said if my methods of supporting Hibs weren’t good enough for fellow fans they can gtf. If you are judging me on those methods I stand by it. Don’t judge me and I won’t tell you to gtf.

I’m glad I don’t sit beside you. You really take that as a personal insult? I’m glad I don’t sit next to many people at ER. Surely that is why people pick their sections and seats?

I don’t like your opinions and you don’t like mine. Can’t see it working should we sit next to each other. So what’s the problem?

Real Emerald
01-09-2019, 06:50 PM
I agree 100% with you, especially the part about us throwing away all the good work that’s been done. I just don’t agree with boycotting the club. Hibs will be here long after Heckingbottom goes.

Ok but I’m trying to say the OP is feeling so devastated about the situation he can’t bring himself to go back until Hecky has gone. I get his frustration and decision as I feel the same but you called it pathetic. I don’t think it’s pathetic and I don’t think it’s attention seeking, he’s venting his very understandable feelings. It’s a touchy time just now and calling concerned fans decisions pathetic is not the best policy. I’m glad you agree with me though and hopefully we can get back to the good new days soon👍 GGTTH

emerald green
01-09-2019, 06:51 PM

I really don't like to see anyone sacked unfairly. I can't speak for others, but my point is that as well as questioning the manager and his appointment (a serious mistake imo) the "football department" cannot be bomb-proof either, and also has to be held accountable.

Can anyone say our recent nine signings have been good signings? Signing players from the lower leagues in England is proving to be another serious mistake. The evidence is there on the pitch right now.

It's now up to the board and the owner to take prompt and decisive action to halt the slide, and turn things around.

emerald green
01-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Post split

League Cup

League season

This post really spells it out how bad things have become. No manager can possibly survive that surely?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 06:55 PM
This post really spells it out how bad things have become. No manager can possibly survive that surely?

No doubt the usual suspects will be along in a minute to call me negative and a Hearts fans as well...:rolleyes:

emerald green
01-09-2019, 06:57 PM
No doubt the usual suspects will be along in a minute to call me negative and a Hearts fans as well...:rolleyes:

Aye, me too. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 06:59 PM
I said if my methods of supporting Hibs weren’t good enough for fellow fans they can gtf. If you are judging me on those methods I stand by it. Don’t judge me and I won’t tell you to gtf.

I’m glad I don’t sit beside you. You really take that as a personal insult? I’m glad I don’t sit next to many people at ER. Surely that is why people pick their sections and seats?

I don’t like your opinions and you don’t like mine. Can’t see it working should we sit next to each other. So what’s the problem?

Where have I said I don’t like your opinions? I’ve disagreed with you on this thread, but I don’t recall doing so an any other threads. I try and not look at individual posters when I’m reading threads. That way I don’t base my opinion on what someone says on who posted it.
For all you know we might sit close to each other.

Real Emerald
01-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Post split

League Cup

League season

Totally agree, there isn’t even any evidence that he knows what he’s doing or what went wrong. He’s come up here thinking we’re in the third world of football, he’s going to get the players fit because the Scottish leagues are way behind on that. On top of that he was going to drip feed our mainly international players information he knew as they were too thick and backward to take it all on quickly. He is a slavering arrogant @rse and is way out his depth. Get rid now.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
So am I. I’m calling you out for having a go at fellow fans. Just my opinion that the way people criticise fellow fans should be more empathetic and less judgmental. Almost detect a feeling some fans aren’t welcome and some think the club will be better without them. My opinion on that front, is good luck with that.

Gents get a room have a wee hug and make up :greengrin :wink:

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 07:08 PM
I really don't like to see anyone sacked unfairly. I can't speak for others, but my point is that as well as questioning the manager and his appointment (a serious mistake imo) the "football department" cannot be bomb-proof either, and also has to be held accountable.

Can anyone say our recent nine signings have been good signings? Signing players from the lower leagues in England is proving to be another serious mistake. The evidence is there on the pitch right now.

It's now up to the board and the owner to take prompt and decisive action to halt the slide, and turn things around.

Everyone should be under scrutiny, but that doesn’t mean the signings made this summer are down to the recruitment team. It seems to me that Heckingbottom has identified a lot of these players and asked the recruitment team to go and get them for him. That might not be true, but this years signings definitely haven’t followed previous models, that’s why I’m uncomfortable with calling for people to be sacked. Questions need to asked as to why we followed this particular model this season.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Where have I said I don’t like your opinions? I’ve disagreed with you on this thread, but I don’t recall doing so an any other threads. I try and not look at individual posters when I’m reading threads. That way I don’t base my opinion on what someone says on who posted it.
For all you know we might sit close to each other.

Indeed, you never know. I hate the infighting which I know I’m contributing to but I really dislike fans judging other fans. Surely we have bigger problems and enough to be debating. I mean 1600 fans went through to Motherwell, that won’t continue to happen, regardless of Uber supporters, if things keep going the way they are going.

Maybe misguided but this is why I wanted HSL to reach a meaningful % because beyond singing derogatory songs towards the manager and booing, or not turning up, we really have no meaningful way to get across our feelings. Even a fans forum is a minority so club will read here and on the bounce but so many fans aren’t on it so you could realistically think opinions on here don’t reflect the masses.

People will take the action they see fit. Some will turn up duty bound and go home in a bad mood after another thrashing. Some will say, nah I’ll stay home with the kids and enjoy my time with family instead and not let my mood be dragged down by Hibs. It’s Hibs responsibility to make sure fans want to go to the games. We need good football, losses aren’t the problem. It’s the standard of football.

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Indeed, you never know. I hate the infighting which I know I’m contributing to but I really dislike fans judging other fans. Surely we have bigger problems and enough to be debating. I mean 1600 fans went through to Motherwell, that won’t continue to happen, regardless of Uber supporters, if things keep going the way they are going.

Maybe misguided but this is why I wanted HSL to reach a meaningful % because beyond singing derogatory songs towards the manager and booing, or not turning up, we really have no meaningful way to get across our feelings. Even a fans forum is a minority so club will read here and on the bounce but so many fans aren’t on it so you could realistically think opinions on here don’t reflect the masses.

People will take the action they see fit. Some will turn up duty bound and go home in a bad mood after another thrashing. Some will say, nah I’ll stay home with the kids and enjoy my time with family instead and not let my mood be dragged down by Hibs. It’s Hibs responsibility to make sure fans want to go to the games. We need good football, losses aren’t the problem. It’s the standard of football.

I don’t think season ticket holders not turning up will have the desired effect. The club already have your money and they have plenty time before renewal time. They’ll hope Heckingbottom will turn it around. What will make them take notice is fans reactions at games.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 07:20 PM
I don’t think season ticket holders not turning up will have the desired effect. The club already have your money and they have plenty time before renewal time. They’ll hope Heckingbottom will turn it around. What will make them take notice is fans reactions at games.

It’s not really being supporters in my opinion if you are going to have chants of “Hecky get to ****” at the game. Even after the game. Players don’t go deaf at the final whistle. What we are really talking about is more people turning up to show our discontent. That may well happen. This has all the warnings of it going very sour. Longer club leave this the worse it will get.

Islington Hibs
01-09-2019, 07:23 PM
This post, as with many others, is beyond parody.

Results last season , after Lennon went, were very good. Results this season have been fairly poor. 2 very bad results, 2 OK. The team has not gelled so far and the new signings don't inspire yet but it any club that sacks a new manager, so soon, without good reason will only be storing up big problems. Clubs need stability and frankly all clubs have bad patches and if everytime something goes a bit wrong the support howl and the board act very quickly it would become a)unstable b) unmanageble c) all most certainly under-perform

The truth is we don't really know what is going on. Unless the Board/ new owner has material concerns in terms of managment style/ motivation/ objectives/ strategy/ inter-personal skills etc it would be crazy to fire him. I would doubt the board, unless there is an issue above, have even got him on the watch list. If there are material issues desribed above that would be a different issue but we cannot judge that as we don't work there day in day out.

However, there are problems. Hecky seems to have lost a large proportion of the support very quickly. Ron is getting a baptism of fire and if I was him I would be very nervous as to what I had bought with such a holier than though, volatile and short term support. Sure I have my doubts about the direction of travel but really if your objective is to hound this guy out you might succeed, but you will be taking ER back to the bad old days of negativity and I would suspect you will maker propsective players and managers just a bit reluctant to come here as well as undermining the confidence of the current players. Can we just get a bit of longer term perspective please

J-C
01-09-2019, 07:23 PM

So we go to games and boo the team and Heckingbottom just to have all the other fans moan at us telling us it doesn't help the players on the pitch, you can't win.

Nicho87
01-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Take George Craig with you too hecky. Seems to be untouchable. Scottish cup glory over which he speaks fondly off, what does he get paid for?

madhatter
01-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Results last season , after Lennon went, were very good. Results this season have been fairly poor. 2 very bad results, 2 OK. The team has not gelled so far and the new signings don't inspire yet but it any club that sacks a new manager, so soon, without good reason will only be storing up big problems. Clubs need stability and frankly all clubs have bad patches and if everytime something goes a bit wrong the support howl and the board act very quickly it would become a)unstable b) unmanageble c) all most certainly under-perform

The truth is we don't really know what is going on. Unless the Board/ new owner has material concerns in terms of managment style/ motivation/ objectives/ strategy/ inter-personal skills etc it would be crazy to fire him. I would doubt the board, unless there is an issue above, have even got him on the watch list. If there are material issues desribed above that would be a different issue but we cannot judge that as we don't work there day in day out.

However, there are problems. Hecky seems to have lost a large proportion of the support very quickly. Ron is getting a baptism of fire and if I was him I would be very nervous as to what I had bought with such a holier than though, volatile and short term support. Sure I have my doubts about the direction of travel but really if your objective is to hound this guy out you might succeed, but you will be taking ER back to the bad old days of negativity and I would suspect you will maker propsective players and managers just a bit reluctant to come here as well as undermining the confidence of the current players. Can we just get a bit of longer term perspective please

Don’t think anybody is trying to hound out Ron. Certainly trying to get rid of seemingly hopeless head coach. I’m 100% sure that players will come regardless of negativity, if contracts are rewarding. Money talks in football, players will go to pointless leagues solely for money. Hecky has been here a while, it isn’t just 4 games as some seem to suggest.

We are no more fickle than other fans. Our club yo-yos more than others, especially one of our stature in our league. We went from getting Europe to sacking manager and scrambling for top six. Only reason we got top six in truth is every other club was terrible in the patch when we ground out results. Not been great at Hibs for at least 18months.

Real Emerald
01-09-2019, 07:35 PM

A volatile short term support, are you having a laugh. You can make observations about the Hibs support being many things but volatile short term is definitely not one of them. How many years did we wait to win that cup again?

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2019, 07:40 PM

If Hecky was just in the door this season I would agree with you, but he isn't, and as has been pointed out 6 points from a possible 30 does not make good reading. If I felt there was a glimmer of hope in how he sets the team out to play I would support giving him a bit more time. Sadly, we look utterly clueless when we take the field and that lies firmly at his door.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 07:42 PM
6 points from 30 is horrendous

I didn't realise our form is so bad. That's relegation form and must be improved upon immediately.

Togs91
01-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Personally, i'd much rather vote with my voice than my feet. Something doesnt sit right with me not going to watch the hibs. However i can see the anger and frustration,walking away from the motherwell game, first time i really decided this clown must go. Unfortunately, i think the international break has came just in time for hecky

Fanforlife
01-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Not that it's much better ,however is it not 6points from 27?

Sir David Gray
01-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Not that it's much better ,however is it not 6points from 27?

Yes.

We've played 9 league games since the win at Tynecastle.

W-1
D-3
L-5

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 08:21 PM

Ignore it like you usually do admirably. It’s spot on.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2019, 08:25 PM

Well I know you're not a Hearts fan so I'm not goiung to accuse you of being one :greengrin ….. but the post you've just made is factual and so not nefative in the sense that you posted it. That's an exception to the rule with you as you are invariably negative :faf:

jacomo
01-09-2019, 08:31 PM

I hear what you are saying but it’s very hard to see reasons to stay on the current course.

If the team were playing the way Hecky says he wants them to play but not getting results, I’d be arguing for patience. But they are not. . There is no high press or energy, there is no consistency.

It’s really awful.

Glory Lurker
01-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Losing games is bad enough, but the eye bleeding way we do it is soul destroying. I wouldn't feel comfortable boycotting games as a statement but I might well spare myself the frustration of watching that guff for a bit. I am beginning to feel I've had more than my fill of tedious displays.

For the first time in years I'm pleased it's the international break. I need the distraction.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 10:23 PM

Post split

League Cup

League season

Total nonsense about Arbroath and Elgin, utterly strolled both, Elgin should've been down to 10 and 2-0 at HT. St Mirren were not the better side first day, nothing like it, we hit the woodwork twice and had a perfectly good goal disallowed

Things are bad enough, you don't need to make things up to argue that he needs to go.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Total nonsense about Arbroath and Elgin, utterly strolled both, Elgin should've been down to 10 and 2-0 at HT. St Mirren were not the better side first day, nothing like it, we hit the woodwork twice and had a perfectly good goal disallowed

Things are bad enough, you don't need to make things up to argue that he needs to go.

I am not making things up, you're the only person who has disagreed so far, I was at all those games and we have been crap, were you at them all?

Just ignore the rest like 6 points from 30. Are you happy with our clubs position right now?

PH91
01-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Post split

League Cup

League season

If you are looking at last season then it is only fair to include the pre split also.

Last year with an inherited team
W6 D4 L3

This year with his team
W1 D1 L2

26 points from 51.

(someone please check that, its quite late and im tired).

Im not defending recent performances or poor team selections but im guessing the above is why LD will likely give him a bit more time to see if he can turn things around. I think she will give him at least the next 2 games. Its going to be difficult as he has lost most of the fans already.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 10:44 PM
If you are looking at last season then it is only fair to include the pre split also.

Last year with an inherited team
W6 D4 L3

This year with his team
W1 D1 L2

26 points from 51.

(someone please check that, its quite late and im tired).

Im not defending recent performances or poor team selections but im guessing the above is why LD will likely give him a bit more time to see if he can turn things around. I think she will give him at least the next 2 games. Its going to be difficult as he has lost most of the fans already.

You could look at it that way as well, still a horrendous run.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 10:46 PM
I am not making things up, you're the only person who has disagreed so far, I was at all those games and we have been crap, were you at them all?

Just ignore the rest like 6 points from 30. Are you happy with our clubs position right now?

Yes, I was at them all.

No, I'm not happy, he should go but pointless to exaggerate the issues. We won all 3 of those games, we the better side in all 3 and had goals wrongly disallowed in all 3.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Yes, I was at them all.

No, I'm not happy, he should go but pointless to exaggerate the issues. We won all 3 of those games, we the better side in all 3 and had goals wrongly disallowed in all 3.

My post is based on what I witnessed, if you don't agree thats fine, I've no issue with that. Yes he has to go now!

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2019, 05:14 AM
Take George Craig with you too hecky. Seems to be untouchable. Scottish cup glory over which he speaks fondly off, what does he get paid for?

Think about it. Built a Scottish Cup winning squad pretty much from scratch. Think how many winners were brought in players that got the club and still love it (eg Fyvie) despite leaving.

Could it just be that weve broken the bank in building that team at a cost, impacted by staying down for a further year, then Lennons buys - again some great quality there and some using Lennons contacts. - Commons, Efe, Kamberi it seems to name a few - signed with high agency fees it would appear. So is this a question of having to cut our cloth now and both the manager and recruitment team has less to play with?

Dont throw the baby baby out with the bath water. Wonder what Stubbs is making of all this? He’ll be shaking his head surely.

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Disagree. A sea of empty green seats in the home ends on matchdays will be clear evidence that the fans are not satisfied.

Me and my mate both have season tickets but right now, I’m genuinely not fussed one bit if I miss a few games and neither is he. Didn’t bother attending the St Johnstone game last week as preferred to go watch the Scotland vs France rugby game at Murrayfield as felt it would be more entertaining to watch and better value for money & I certainly wasn’t wrong with that decision. I don’t blame anyone else that is atm not really fussed about going to our games whether they are a STH or not. The product on the park is utter garbage. Players don’t seem to have any passion when they pull on that Hibs top and a manager, that after being backed quite significantly in the transfer market, doesn’t have a single clue what his best team and formation is. If the board really think everything is fine then I’m afraid they are in for quite a rude awakening.

ST holders not showing up is massive. If they aren’t showing up at the games this stage of the season they are not renewing for next.

I think PH is already finished here. The real issue is when he goes. My gut says he’ll maybe scrape the odd win to keep up us out of the relegation mix and try to tough it out till Christmas. But the half season HT sales will be almost zero and we get to the stage where the cheaper option is to get rid of him.

madhatter
02-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Think about it. Built a Scottish Cup winning squad pretty much from scratch. Think how many winners were brought in players that got the club and still love it (eg Fyvie) despite leaving.

Could it just be that weve broken the bank in building that team at a cost, impacted by staying down for a further year, then Lennons buys - again some great quality there and some using Lennons contacts. - Commons, Efe, Kamberi it seems to name a few - signed with high agency fees it would appear. So is this a question of having to cut our cloth now and both the manager and recruitment team has less to play with?

Dont throw the baby baby out with the bath water. Wonder what Stubbs is making of all this? He’ll be shaking his head surely.

One thing we haven't done is broken the bank. We've also had our rather small debt wiped out. Motherwell and Kilmarnock have recruited better than us in the same market. That is hugely worrying and I think club got Heckys appointment wrong based on rumours of him not listening to the scouting team. Clear to see who picked most of the players.

We're in a very bad place. Club is talking about all these other things, exciting plans while the fans are fed up with the football. Mental thinking a professional football club is putting so much focus on things other than football. We're closer to being a local community club at the moment which on some aspects is something to be proud of. However, I think to do all that when you are taking money from 13k fans and making 15k (less now) watch utter garbage on the weekend is both hilarious and sad.

Sioux
02-09-2019, 08:20 AM
One thing we haven't done is broken the bank. We've also had our rather small debt wiped out. Motherwell and Kilmarnock have recruited better than us in the same market. That is hugely worrying and I think club got Heckys appointment wrong based on rumours of him not listening to the scouting team. Clear to see who picked most of the players.

We're in a very bad place. Club is talking about all these other things, exciting plans while the fans are fed up with the football. Mental thinking a professional football club is putting so much focus on things other than football. We're closer to being a local community club at the moment which on some aspects is something to be proud of. However, I think to do all that when you are taking money from 13k fans and making 15k (less now) watch utter garbage on the weekend is both hilarious and sad.

So, our manager recruitment criteria should include taking account of rumours?

Are there any rumours that should score less than others in evaluating the candidate, or are all rumours, irrespective of their source be part of the de-selection process?

You're now being silly.

PH91
02-09-2019, 09:47 AM
You could look at it that way as well, still a horrendous run.

Last year was par for the course. A good return against the poorer teams in the league, even if the football was a bit uninspiring. It fizzled out post split against the better teams when there was nothing to play for. All with an inherited team. I dont think that can be counted for or against PH and would set it aside.

That leaves this season with his own team. We are in the league cup quarter final so there is no justification there for getting rid, despite no brilliant performances.

Looking at the league games, you are right in saying it is a poor run but no manager in the world will (or should) be sacked on the basis of 4 games, especially having only lost 2.

I said to my mate on sat i wanted him away as iv lost patience with his midfield but when reviewing the above it is easy to see why the board might give him more time. As i said before, i think they will assess in 2 games time, after the derby. If he picks up no points in those games then they will be starting to think about his position.

It would be an interesting scenario if, unlikely as it seems, we managed to get 4 or 6 points out of those games. Even if we go on a good run i still can still envisage discontent in a large section of our support given the huge turn in feelings against PH in the last couple of months.

Cataplana
02-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Last year was par for the course. A good return against the poorer teams in the league, even if the football was a bit uninspiring. It fizzled out post split against the better teams when there was nothing to play for. All with an inherited team. I dont think that can be counted for or against PH and would set it aside.

That leaves this season with his own team. We are in the league cup quarter final so there is no justification there for getting rid, despite no brilliant performances.

Looking at the league games, you are right in saying it is a poor run but no manager in the world will (or should) be sacked on the basis of 4 games, especially having only lost 2.

I said to my mate on sat i wanted him away as iv lost patience with his midfield but when reviewing the above it is easy to see why the board might give him more time. As i said before, i think they will assess in 2 games time, after the derby. If he picks up no points in those games then they will be starting to think about his position.

It would be an interesting scenario if, unlikely as it seems, we managed to get 4 or 6 points out of those games. Even if we go on a good run i still can still envisage discontent in a large section of our support given the huge turn in feelings against PH in the last couple of months.

To have any chance of surviving he is going to have to get the players he brought in performing, or show that he can move them on.

If he moves them on, he then has to show he can recruit good players

To me he has shown he was clueless about who could do a job in this league. He will have to have learned a hell of a lot in the last couple of months to be able to rectify his mistakes

pacoluna
02-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Lennon caused that all by himself by his conduct and certain things said to his boss which would get you sacked in any job.

The way it was dealt with was the start of a downward spiral it seems, perhaps Lennon knew what the foreseeable future was about to entail.

Hibernia&Alba
02-09-2019, 10:26 AM
ST holders not showing up is massive. If they aren’t showing up at the games this stage of the season they are not renewing for next.

I think PH is already finished here. The real issue is when he goes. My gut says he’ll maybe scrape the odd win to keep up us out of the relegation mix and try to tough it out till Christmas. But the half season HT sales will be almost zero and we get to the stage where the cheaper option is to get rid of him.

You may be right, Bob. It could become a financial decision, even if results don't seem his emptied first.

hibeerealist
02-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Losing games is bad enough, but the eye bleeding way we do it is soul destroying. I wouldn't feel comfortable boycotting games as a statement but I might well spare myself the frustration of watching that guff for a bit. I am beginning to feel I've had more than my fill of tedious displays.

For the first time in years I'm pleased it's the international break. I need the distraction.

But Hecky said we are a pretty side just soft!!!!

Hibs90
02-09-2019, 10:32 AM

No I don't think it should be set aside at all. Little to play for or not people don't pay their hard earned cash to go watch a team meekly surrender to the bigot brothers and watch uninspring dull football and lacklustre performances.

I've left 2 PH Hibs games feeling impressed. Livi away and Hearts away. Decent performances and picking up a win at Tynecastle was great. Everything else performance wise has been around crap to average at best. The results and performances after the split were dreadful.

I think Hecky can count himself very lucky that the international break as arrived when it has, as it was all coming to a boiling point. He will get the Killie and Hearts games, and if we lose them he will get his P45.

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 10:35 AM
The way it was dealt with was the start of a downward spiral it seems, perhaps Lennon knew what the foreseeable future was about to entail.

Aye - the Celtic gig 😂😂

pacoluna
02-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Aye - the Celtic gig 😂😂

Looks like he played a blinder. Meanwhile we are stuck with watching a pile of dross each week.

Hibernia&Alba
02-09-2019, 10:55 AM
With the superb ticket prices on offer, I took my twin nephews to Motherwell. They are ten, and, after that performance, it might no be easy to get them to another away game, their assessment being "we are rubbish". Everyone is disillusioned, and the fact some season ticket holders aren't showing up for home games, as a few have mentioned, is very worrying.

The 90+2
02-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Looks like he played a blinder. Meanwhile we are stuck with watching a pile of dross each week.

Yep. Hats off to him for it.

Coco Bryce
02-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Could be something it that actually. All the decent loans players we had were on the way out? Most of our decent players getting older and slower. Rumours of an argument with LD regarding player budget? The feud with Flo?

:hmmm:

Ozymandias
02-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Some of the reactions here are utterly bonkers on any sane review, but the OP's is the best if the lot (assuming they're not just trolling).

"I paid money for something I want to do but won't now because it's not exactly planning out the way I want". How mental is that? If this season so far is he tipping point for the last thirty years of ST-holding then your selection criteria for awfulness are very different to mine.

If you support Hibs for the long term this is what you buy in to. Famine famine feast famine. As it is with every club in scotland outwith the bigot brothers through by.

To howl at the moon like this suggests a very short attention span and a very unrealistic appreciation of history, economics and sport.

Coco Bryce
02-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Some of the reactions here are utterly bonkers on any sane review, but the OP's is the best if the lot (assuming they're not just trolling).

"I paid money for something I want to do but won't now because it's not exactly planning out the way I want". How mental is that? If this season so far is he tipping point for the last thirty years of ST-holding then your selection criteria for awfulness are very different to mine.

If you support Hibs for the long term this is what you buy in to. Famine famine feast famine. As it is with every club in scotland outwith the bigot brothers through by.

To howl at the moon like this suggests a very short attention span and a very unrealistic appreciation of history, economics and sport.

Don't be coming on here will all your big words and fancy analogies :greengrin

Good post though.

madhatter
02-09-2019, 01:58 PM
So, our manager recruitment criteria should include taking account of rumours?

Are there any rumours that should score less than others in evaluating the candidate, or are all rumours, irrespective of their source be part of the de-selection process?

You're now being silly.

You've completely misunderstood my post and then said I'm being silly.

Based on current rumours, Hecky not listening to the Hibs scouting team suggests the club got his appointment wrong. Especially seeing as we've continually spoke about head coach model and working with the teams at East Mains.

They shouldn't base his recruitment on rumours but they should have been certain on his willingness to work proactively with our scouting team. By the looks of our signings we've given him the reins and told him to bring in who he wants. Problem there is he has signed mainly rubbish on 3 year contracts. Also, to a point, this makes our scouting team redundant. Not totally, but certainly could be streamlined if our head coach isn't using them.

We needed to get a head coach who wants input on players and positions. Hecky is a head coach trying to be a manager. Very stupid when he's so inexperienced.

Barman Stanton
02-09-2019, 02:23 PM
We are poor at the moment for sure but this thread is a proper eye opener on just how fickle and privileged some of our support is. Not happy with how we are playing but no way I would turn my back on the club.

B.H.F.C
02-09-2019, 02:26 PM
We are poor at the moment for sure but this thread is a proper eye opener on just how fickle and privileged some of our support is. Not happy with how we are playing but no way I would turn my back on the club.

There is a hardcore who won’t. But it’s pretty unenjoyable at the moment so, whilst I’ll continue to go home and away, I don’t blame anyone who decides there is better ways to spend their cash. Attendances are already on the slide and that will only continue unless there is a big change on the park.

.Sean.
02-09-2019, 02:28 PM
The overnight superfans that jumped on the season ticket bandwagon after we won the SC are finding it tough. Sorry to break it to you but winning cups and top 4 every season ain’t the norm - unfortunately our current plight is more our norm

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 02:30 PM
The overnight superfans that jumped on the season ticket bandwagon after we won the SC are finding it tough. Sorry to break it to you but winning cups and top 4 every season ain’t the norm - unfortunately our current plight is more our norm

Essentially this. They’ll be back again when we win a league cup or something. And then they’ll leave in a huff at half time against Falkirk or something.

Barman Stanton
02-09-2019, 02:33 PM

Yup, winning the cup created a bit of a monster. We would all love to have kept building on the success. But it looks like we have made a duff appointment with the manager which will set us back a bit. Still way too extreme to talk about not going back after 4 games though. I just don't get that at all.

If its all about winning for you then I really doubt Hibs are a good choice!

Wilson
02-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Our current plight had been Aberdeens norm for the past 30 years. They have managed to do what we are striving to do. There is no reason why a well run club with a budget better than most of the division should yo-yo as spectacularly as we do. Except we talk like a well run club but it never takes much for the facade to break. Which is probably why Petrie had so many critics and why Dempster will be feeling the heat about now.

Cataplana
02-09-2019, 02:34 PM

I have no problem watching the team when it is mediocre, what would keep me away is the negativity from the stands whilst we slide towards it.

It's painful enough watching a crap team, without being reminded how crap they are by people who think they are the only ones that can see it.

Maybe they are the glory hunters, and it takes them to drift away before encouraging the team to keep their heads up is possible.

The Modfather
02-09-2019, 02:35 PM

What about the fans who have been there long before the Scottish cup win who are starting to look at doing other things on a Saturday? I’ve got a season ticket but with it feeling ever more like a chore going to games I think it won’t be uncommon when I decide at times to spend the day doing something with my daughter rather than commit an afternoon to something I won’t enjoy.

Barman Stanton
02-09-2019, 02:35 PM
I have no problem watching the team when it is mediocre, what would keep me away is the negativity from the stands whilst we slide towards it.

It's painful enough watching a crap team, without being reminded how crap they are by people who think they are the only ones that can see it.

Maybe they are the glory hunters, and it takes them to drift away before encouraging the team to keep their heads up is possible.

This I more get to be honest. The negativity on all things Hibs is draining at the moment.

heretoday
02-09-2019, 02:41 PM
What about the fans who have been there long before the Scottish cup win who are starting to look at doing other things on a Saturday? I’ve got a season ticket but with it feeling ever more like a chore going to games I think it won’t be uncommon when I decide at times to spend the day doing something with my daughter rather than commit an afternoon to something I won’t enjoy.

I've been finding other things to do for 55 years

euro Hibby
02-09-2019, 02:57 PM
After a few good and exciting years watching Hibs , the ship seems to have hit a rock and there is a lot of I told you so going on when many were also quite happy with the new bodies coming in at least on paper.
That aside , it is a big ask to bring in 9/10 players and expect a team to be up and running especially when some of the old guard are off form or injured.
I watch Hibs on internet you can see how bad they are but I am sure it is even worse to watch them from the terraces. They seem like a version of the dirty dozen but with no real talent anymore to show.

I think we are stuck with what we have got at least until Christmas. I have hated watching my team play so badly because i forgot what it was like. Thankfully for now our friends over the road are worse off but on paper
they might have a better lot but they have craigy boy who has lost it or never had it.

Can, I continue to watch this for much longer. Sure I can because I have seen much worse when it wa a regular thing to get drubbed in Glasgow. BUT having tasted the good stuff , I must admit that my knee jerk reaction was to
close my monthly hibs account but on reflection , I have no choice. its my team, rain or shine. So no point in getting too uptight just keep the pressure on hope that we are all wrong and Hecky and staff have just been out of sorts.
cerainly as someone said Newell for Haistie or even Middleton are questionable as is nobody from the development tram able to step up and take a slot. I love Hibs too much but I am a bit in the huff with them at the moment.

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2019, 03:11 PM

I think were focussing more on the matchday experience etc, because we thought we had got the footballing side right, jumped the gun me thinks

J-C
02-09-2019, 03:34 PM
It was dealt with very professionally, if it had all came out he'd be lucky to get another job for a while, he landed lucky with Celtic

WestCoastHibby
02-09-2019, 03:45 PM

I think LD needs to stop talking a good game too (occasionally) and make a decision. Back him or sack him but at least clarify the situation and acknowledge all the rumblings that are going on

pacoluna
02-09-2019, 04:00 PM
It was dealt with very professionally, if it had all came out he'd be lucky to get another job for a while, he landed lucky with Celtic

You don't get the Celtic gig twice by just being lucky.

He was always going to be a hard act to follow, that's obvious. Having said that hecky looked promising to begin with.

02-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Our current plight had been Aberdeens norm for the past 30 years. They have managed to do what we are striving to do. There is no reason why a well run club with a budget better than most of the division should yo-yo as spectacularly as we do. Except we talk like a well run club but it never takes much for the facade to break. Which is probably why Petrie had so many critics and why Dempster will be feeling the heat about now.

Aberdeen have got a fan who sold his business for more than £500M putting money in. Probably helps a bit.

vuefrom1875
02-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Aberdeen have got a fan who sold his business for more than £500M putting money in. Probably helps a bit.

Where's all these Edinburgh millionaires with Hibs leanings 🤔

hibbyboy1
22-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Said I wouldn't be back but I was there today. But can honestly say that's me until he is gone

hibIBZ
22-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Not a season ticket holder due to other commitments, could of gone today, decided it wasn't worth it and I am happy with that call. It's fans like me who can't always make it but walk up 10-15 times a season that won't bother

One Day Soon
22-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Not a season ticket holder due to other commitments, could of gone today, decided it wasn't worth it and I am happy with that call. It's fans like me who can't always make it but walk up 10-15 times a season that won't bother

Not it isn't. I'm a season ticket holder of about 35 odd continuous years. I won't be back while he's there. I've paid my money up front in full and shown my committment, where's the club's while this disaster movie is unfolding?

madhatter
22-09-2019, 04:13 PM
I've never been in this position before but I dont think I'll be back while he's in charge.

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 04:14 PM

I second that having already voted with my feet, no more until he goes or a massive change happens.
After close to 60 years of watching /following I have had enough.

McKenzie
22-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Correct. Season ticket will not be used until he goes. How we can’t see a game out against that shower is beyond me. Stevie wonder could see we needed a change

Moody Blues
22-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Not it isn't. I'm a season ticket holder of about 35 odd continuous years. I won't be back while he's there. I've paid my money up front in full and shown my committment, where's the club's while this disaster movie is unfolding?
Feel the same way. Today was my first home derby miss for a few seasons, but the football is appalling and puts you off attending.

sauzee=legend
22-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Season ticket holder and on the away season ticket scheme too...
I won’t be back again until the clown is sacked.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Said I wouldn't be back but I was there today. But can honestly say that's me until he is gone

Personally don’t blame you or anyone that won’t be back.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 04:24 PM
after the st.johnstone game i'd already decided the home game v Ross co on oct 26th would be my last if heckingbottom was still here, i'm out now

it's us walk-ups that will have the desired effect

talcy
22-09-2019, 04:28 PM
I've never been in this position before but I dont think I'll be back while he's in charge.

I cannot sit & watch us invite pressure on ourselves with 11 men back at corners or playing Allan wide right or Flo wide left or any of the other abominations this "manager" comes up with. Season ticket holder, but my seat will be empty until this clown goes.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 04:28 PM
I won’t be back either until he’s away. Club won’t give a **** cause they’re already getting my ST money

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 04:35 PM
ST holders but also seen enough 😪 empty seats till he’s gone!

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 04:40 PM
after the st.johnstone game i'd already decided the home game v Ross co on oct 26th would be my last if heckingbottom was still here, i'm out now

it's us walk-ups that will have the desired effect

Not just the walkups, season ticket holders will have a huge effect as well if they stop attending. A sea of empty green seats on matchdays will be a huge clear piece of evidence what the fans think. How will they be able to advertise season tickets for next season when folk who are, aren’t attending and will not renew. Hibs losing out on regular income that season ticket money brings will be damaging

BegbieHSC
22-09-2019, 04:40 PM
I stuck by in the ****ing relegation season. The hope that was built in these subsequent 4 years under Stubbs and Lennon made me think we had turned a corner, and were pulling away from being the chronic underachievers for a club of our size.

Heckingbottom has completely undone that. Until he’s gone, because of all the hope I had for where we were going, I won’t be back.

ALF TUPPER
22-09-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm done.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Dangerous territory for the board now

Won’t be back until he’s away

Won’t be renewing my ST for next season either

So many better things to do with my time and money than go and watch they bunch of non triers

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Add me to that list. Won’t be back until he’s away and I have two mates who are the same

percy veer
22-09-2019, 04:58 PM
I'll be back, no happy like but you've got to support the team, its hibs we've been through this before stop being drama queens .

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 05:03 PM
I was all for giving him ten games.
Looking at it from Dempster point of view, sacking him after five games would only invite more pressure on any new manager coming in.
However after watching that today, I’m of the opinion he needs to go now. Pronto!

Season Ticket holder and I won’t be back until he’s gone.

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Each to their own. I’ll be there on Wednesday and I’ll be there against Celtic. I suspect most of you will as well. Hopefully there will be a new manager in place.

Joe Baker2
22-09-2019, 05:13 PM
remember when Heckingbottom joined the club and we had that great bounce back. Loads of people on here (including me) congratulating Leanne for finding such a brilliant manager. Unless she's been coaching the team for the last few months without us knowing she's staying. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Each to their own. I’ll be there on Wednesday and I’ll be there against Celtic. I suspect most of you will as well. Hopefully there will be a new manager in place.

Blind faith is dangerous my friend. It seen us sleep walk straight into relegation.

Glory Lurker
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm sick of Hibs. If you'd told me in 2016 that we'd squander the massive potential we had finally tapped, I wouldn't have believed you. That would need monumental incompetence. And here we are.

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Blind faith is dangerous my friend. It seen us sleep walk straight into relegation.
You’ll be there next week as well mate. It doesn’t mean we’re happy about things though. Stubbsy will be in the dugout hopefully and we can all get behind the team.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 05:27 PM
You’ll be there next week as well mate. It doesn’t mean we’re happy about things though. Stubbsy will be in the dugout hopefully and we can all get behind the team.

I won’t be there next week. As much as I’ll hate myself for it but we’re getting taken advantage of again.

Cabbie1875
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM
As a Hibs supporter that was one of the most embarrassing performances av seen in many a year and i for one will not be back as long as hes in charge

Cabbie1875
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Agreed

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 05:29 PM
I think a lot of the increased frustration is because we were promised an end to the 'boom and bust' when LD etc came in. There was a big deal made about succession planning, smooth transitions and continued improvement.

Quite evidently that isn't the case and for whatever reason we have abandoned, or modified, a system that appeared to be working relatively well. When Calderwood, Fenlon etc were appointed the club was such a mess there was almost an expectation they would fail. We were told that isn't the case now yet here we are. Some people hang on every word Leeann Dempster says but if she really believes this has been a good transfer window then, to put it bluntly, she is very wrong. Just because she says it doesn't make it true.

Hibs could be playing in an amateur league at the Gyle on a Saturday morning and I'd still be turning up to watch but I understand why people are pissed off enough to be giving games a miss at the moment. I don't agree with it but I get it. It's a very disappointing end to a period in which I really thought things had changed.

You hit the nail on the head with the bit in bold.
This is how I saw things.
I so wanted to believe in our club competing every season for a top 4/European slot.
I am actually angry to see us return to the form that took us down.

Coco Bryce
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Me and the laddie have had enough.

Joe Baker2
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
...if only we could find a rich multi-millionaire businessman who could buy the club and invest in some decent players....

emerald green
22-09-2019, 05:34 PM
It's massively frustrating to see all the progress that had been made since winning the Scottish Cup gone down the plug hole in such a short time. If things continue as they are, relegation is a strong possibility.

There won't be 13,000 season tickets sold in the event of that disastrous eventuality.

One Day In Time
22-09-2019, 06:28 PM
That's not MY Hibs. Took a wonder goal to lift us. We look shot of confidence, leadership on and off the park. Where's the flair, passion and confidence that we're known for? They're nothing absolutely nothing. What happened to the fortress that is Easter Road?

Totally get why folk say they won't be back but that won't help one little bit.

Gutted

Peevemor
22-09-2019, 06:48 PM
The problem is that, regardless of results, the football we're playing is boring and sterile.

I've lost count of the number of interviews where Heckingbottom spoke about getting information into the players. Is he overcomplicating things?

I certainly get the impression that the players are shackled by some sort of over elaborate game plan instead of following their instincts.

At times during matches we can have the bulk of possession and keep the ball to ourselves fairly comfortably, but once we get to within 30yds of our opponent's goal we run out of ideas.

There's no spark.

When Lennon was in charge a few players said in interviews that he encouraged them to keep trying things. That it didn't matter if it didn't come off the first, second or third time but to keep the head up and keep plugging away. I don't think that's how PH sees things.

PH91
22-09-2019, 08:01 PM
"I certainly get the impression that the players are shackled by some sort of over elaborate game plan instead of following their instincts"

Couldn't agree more with this. The more i watch the team the more i think they are over coached. Another manager could get a lot more out of this squad.

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 08:04 PM
I actually think Maxwell said **** it up Im going up for the corner today near the end and ignored the manager.

He’s on loan and been out the team so probably doesn’t care what manager thinks.