PDA

View Full Version : goals from yesterday

greenpaper55
01-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Watch mallan at the third.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMy4eEzxp_w

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 07:16 AM
Whole team was full of half hearted challenges, traffic cones would have been more effective

Squirrel 1875
01-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Said this yesterday. He’s a serious problem and shouldn’t be starting for us.

Unseen work
01-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Those are two absolute howlers from Rocky

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 07:19 AM

The first and third goals are so soft its ridiculous. Whittaker got nowhere near his man at the 1st and the 3rd was powder puff stuff

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 07:24 AM
The defensive unit is embarrassing. Marciano needs to take some responsibility for the 1st and 3rd. 1st he's way too casual, I don't think he's expecting a shot as he doesn't set his feet at all. 3rd goes straight through him. Only Jackson knows what he was doing at the penalty.

The defending throughout was awful but the lack of any protection from midfield heaped all kinds of pressure on them. The players may well like Heckingbottom but they don't seem to be willing to bust a gut for him. Too many players with hands on hips, strolling about and letting the heads go down when we lose goals. They need someone on that park kicking a few erses when the chips are down. It's reminiscent of the Liam Craig collapse to the turf when we lost at Dingwall in the relegation season. The club captain should have been stressing to players we still had a chance rather than feeling sorry for himself.

hfc-1875
01-09-2019, 07:25 AM
How does Marciano seem to get away without criticism? Guys been rank rotten this season and cost us a few goals

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 07:25 AM

I think Whittaker is a lot more to blame than marciano for the 1st. He should never have been allowed inside so easily think it took marciano by surprise and was actually well finished

NC1875
01-09-2019, 07:27 AM
Whittaker lets his man go inside almost every time. Schoolboy defending.

Rocky should do better with the first and third.

Even in on that small video, to me the players do not look fit.

HECKY OUT

Scorrie
01-09-2019, 07:29 AM
I still can’t work out what on earth Jackson is trying to do except punch the ball...?

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 07:32 AM
How does Marciano seem to get away without criticism? Guys been rank rotten this season and cost us a few goals

Agree with this 100%

It is a real “ look the emperor is wearing no clothes” moment.

Wonder if Bogdan would come back?

jacomo
01-09-2019, 07:33 AM
The first and third goals are so soft its ridiculous. Whittaker got nowhere near his man at the 1st and the 3rd was powder puff stuff

:agree:

But I don’t think the biggest problem is Whittaker. Zero pressing or protection in front of him.

The fact the team is simply not playing the way Hecky has told us they will is the biggest problem.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 07:35 AM
I ll say one thing watching that back has made me realise that we were a lot worse than i realised sitting at the game. The team look so soft , clearly aren’t organised, cant do the basics..

hibbydog
01-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Jesus suffering ******

It takes zero talent to do the simple things - chase down balls/ track back / give a ***** when you’ve lost the ball.

Dreadful stuff

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 07:36 AM

But I don’t think the biggest problem is Whittaker. Zero pressing or protection in front of him.

The fact the team is simply not playing the way Hecky has told us they will is the biggest problem.

I actually thought Whittaker was one of our better players offensively yesterday. He was nowhere near his man at 1st and 3rd goals though.

Marvellous
01-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net.

hibIBZ
01-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Watching that back confirmed what I saw at the game, over and over Motherwell players picked up the ball just inside their own half and could drive forward through our midfield without anybody laying a finger on them. At one point Motherwell were moving forward through the centre of the park and mallan was in out back line and never bothered to close him down

FilipinoHibs
01-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Whittaker lets his man go inside almost every time. Schoolboy defending.

Rocky should do better with the first and third.

Even in on that small video, to me the players do not look fit.

HECKY OUT

Every team has two simple tactics: play it down our right to create an opening or goal;launch high balls into the box as we panic and can't clear our lines properly. We will get pumped all season unless the manager goes and we bring in someone who organises us and picks the right players.

GreenCastle
01-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net.

Same last week and most of yesterday - the midfield shape is woeful. Rangers scored 6 going on 20 for a reason.

Add in Jackson’s attempted block for the 1st and his handball - why ??

Seedorf was also played on the left wing deliberately against Whittaker as they saw him as a weakness.

Posh Hibby
01-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Wow the defending in those highlights is criminal.

1st goal the Well player waltzes through our midfield and is allowed to pick a pass. Mallan the main culprit for not putting pressure. Then Whits gets done for pase.

3rd goal is awful from Mallan and Slivka. Mallan is so easily beaten, Slivka makes little effort to engage.

It's a shame we were playing our third choose right back yesterday, and Marciano has to take some responsibility, but the main problem is the midfield. To many luxury/passengers players in that midfield. Not enough effort, running, tackling, fouling, picking up second balls etc.

Hecky better get it fixed quick or he's gone. Lack of effort is something fans can't and shouldn't forgive.

lyonhibs
01-09-2019, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=hibshibshibs1;5914136]Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net

That's the real problem for me, aside from Whittaker being absolutely skinned by a simple touch inside. Allan and Mallan are almost standing on the CB toes ffs. They are central midfielders and should be in, well, centre midfield to challenge the ball carrier long before he saunters 20 yards and passes the ball out wide.

Shocking positioning from the pair of them.

CloudSquall
01-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Whittaker is completely past it defensively, if he is still alright going forward as people are suggesting put him at RM if he has to play, the first and second goals were goals you would score while playing FIFA on novice level.

He doesn't put a tackle in and let's his man turn him inside out every single time, it's beyond me that people try to defend his performances.

Mallan for that 3rd goal should be superglued onto the bench for the next few weeks, Jackson showing what League 1 defending is all about with that 2nd goal, horrendous Butcher esque viewing everywhere on the park.

DaveF
01-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Whittaker is clearly a weak link when up against any sort of pace but just how much room and time did we give their midfielder to stroll forward and pick s pass for the opening goal. Terrible stuff.

Keeper needs a massive boot up the arse too.

I don't think it's an over reaction to say we look like relegation fodder just now.

There just isn't any fight or organisation in us at the moment.

Marvellous
01-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Look at Mallan and Allan at 1:30, Allan plays a nice through ball then basically stands still and does nothing to support the forward players, you then see Mallan who is even deeper than him, he does some sort of fake jog for about two seconds and then proceeds to stay where he is. Whether they're being told to stay that deep or simply couldn't be arsed to support the attacking players that's woeful to watch either way.

Hibeesforever
01-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Watching the game it was clear our slow and tired defenders and midfielders sit too deep and there is too big a gap between back to front. Mallan doesn't tackle and sits deeper and deeper making the situation worse. The lack of pace is our undoing, the new winger is no out ball again because he is not fast enough...did our scouts not test the players speed before signing, basic stuff we have gone back five years...

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Everyone knows that pace isn't Whittaker's strong point, so why is it he has no cover at all in the 1st and 3rd goals? Horgan is jogging back towards where he should have been when the 3rd one hits the net. This lies solely at Heckingbottom's door for me - wrong setup and formations, no research done on their players and individual threats. No wonder the players look mystified at times, I just can't work out what he's trying to achieve.

SChibs
01-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Should do better but they aren't 'absolute howlers'. I'd love to hear how you would describe it if he'd let the ball run under his foot or go through his legs...

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Everyone knows that pace isn't Whittaker's strong point, so why is it he has no cover at all in the 1st and 3rd goals? Horgan is jogging back towards where he should have been when the 3rd one hits the net. This lies solely at Heckingbottom's door for me - wrong setup and formations, no research done on their players and individual threats. No wonder the players look mystified at times, I just can't work out what he's trying to achieve.

Was just about to post the same, the winger knew early on he had whittaker beaten for pace so why not double up, horgan should have been bursting a gut to get back, the whole back 5 have been pretty horrendous so far this season

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Should do better but they aren't 'absolute howlers'. I'd love to hear how you would describe it if he'd let the ball run under his foot or go through his legs...

The 3rd was pretty much straight at him

HH81
01-09-2019, 09:10 AM

The 3rd one looked it the other two were a pen and looked a good finish to me.

matty_f
01-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Whittaker is clearly a weak link when up against any sort of pace but just how much room and time did we give their midfielder to stroll forward and pick s pass for the opening goal. Terrible stuff.

I don't think it's an over reaction to say we look like relegation fodder just now.

Couldn’t agree more.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 09:15 AM

He made an outstanding save to keep it 0-0 but was poor otherwise. It’s like he watches McGiverns YouTube compilation (if there is one) to base his kick outs on, its so infuriating.

PH91
01-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Was just about to post the same, the winger knew early on he had whittaker beaten for pace so why not double up, horgan should have been bursting a gut to get back, the whole back 5 have been pretty horrendous so far this season

You want your wide men to cover as much as they can but they also need to attack. They cant possibly cover all the time. Every full back in the world has to deal with 1v1's at some point in the game and whittaker was woeful at it yesterday.

Both middleton and horgan had numerous chances 1v1 on against their full backs yesterday and did the square root of f all with them.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 09:27 AM
You want your wide men to cover as much as they can but they also need to attack. They cant possibly cover all the time. Every full back in the world has to deal with 1v1's at some point in the game and whittaker was woeful at it yesterday.

Both middleton and horgan had numerous chances 1v1 on against their full backs yesterday and did the square root of f all with them.

But when you are clearly getting bother you change tactics to sort the problem out, it's not rocket science. Why not sort an area that was causing bother, it cost us 2 goals

BS44
01-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Doesn't show on the highlights just before they scored we had a 3 on 3. Middleton had two choices, either slip the ball into Kamberi who made a run into the gap between two defenders, or he also could have passed across to Horgan who was all by himself. Middleton done neither, he decided to shot himself from corner of the penalty box and it was a trundler. Then, what felt like a minute later up the other end and they score their first

B.H.F.C
01-09-2019, 09:38 AM

The players are going through the motions. I don’t think we’ll get relegated because we’ll change it before it gets to that stage. But by the time we do we’ll be out of the cup and too far away to challenge for the European places.

Heckingbottom needs to go but some of the players need to have a look at themselves. Attitude is a disgrace.

SMAXXA
01-09-2019, 09:48 AM
First goal Whittaker has to show him outside and down the side not inside so he can get a shot off, Marciano should save that too far over to his right, poor.

Second goal deary me what’s he thinking, poor

Third goal pish defending but Whittaker but watch Horgan lack of desire to track back and double up in the 1:1 situation to help Whittaker lazy *******, poor.

wookie70
01-09-2019, 09:49 AM

Mallan was least of our worries for the third, Horgan and Slivka token attempts to get back and help Whitts, Jackson poor attempt to get across and help Whitts and Stevenson could have got to their CF allowing Jackson to get closer to Whitts. We had 7 men and a GK in the box when the ball hit the back of the net against 2 Motherwell attackers. To me that screams an I'm alright Jack attitude and as long as it is not my fault, then I'm not too fussed. I don't think it is fitness either as the players did get back into positions to influence they just never had the bottle or heart to get more involved.

Their low corner was another example where Mallan thought Allan would go to the man and jogged over allowing a free shot. You can see players not grasping the nettle all over the park. Nothing to do with positions but drive and desire. Heck must take some responsibility as the heads are going down far too easily and he has a big job to do on mental toughness. Yes, we lack bite in the middle of the park but for me we simply don't play as a team. Heck again has to shoulder some of the blame as we haven't had a settled team at any point and injuries haven't helped in that regard.

The other issue is our Keeper is chucking goals in. The first and third yesterday were very poor attempts. There were a couple at Ibrox too and he looked shaky against St Johnstone. The vast majority of players are performing poorly. Most are playing in positions that they are familiar with so they need to look at themselves. It doesn't matter who the manager is if practically the whole team are underperforming as individuals. I'm not talking about new signings here, most of the old guard have been below average in every game and we have no-one stepping up and leading by example. SDG and Daz are huge misses in the team purely for their leadership. Hanlon is Captain and is not performing or leading.

Heck has to take the lion's share of responsibility for the current performances but his players are letting him down week after week. He has fallen into the same trap as Lennon did and is shuffling the pack and using different cards every game. To me he needs to pick his best 11, make sure he has some runners in centre mid, concentrate on keeping it tight initially just to get the players working to a shape. We have enough good ball players to always create chances. We did yesterday and at Ibrox. Heck needs to create a team as we look like 11 individuals at the moment very similar to what he inherited. I also think he needs to play some of his own signings. Vela hasn't been great but then no-one in midfield has. Doidge isn't getting much of a chance, and no matter how poor fans think Newell is, Horgan has been terrible all season with Middleton awful yesterday. Maxwell hasn't been brilliant but he possibly deserves a chance just because Rocky has been very poor and his distribution is even more terrible this season meaning we have to defend more often.

Unfortunately, getting us playing as a team may take time and the support don't look willing to give Heck any longer. I'd bear with him until the next window but it looks like most haver made their minds up and many of them did before this season even started.

ekhibee
01-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Mallan was least of our worries for the third, Horgan and Slivka token attempts to get back and help Whitts, Jackson poor attempt to get across and help Whitts and Stevenson could have got to their CF allowing Jackson to get closer to Whitts. We had 7 men and a GK in the box when the ball hit the back of the net against 2 Motherwell attackers. To me that screams an I'm alright Jack attitude and as long as it is not my fault, then I'm not too fussed. I don't think it is fitness either as the players did get back into positions to influence they just never had the bottle or heart to get more involved.

Their low corner was another example where Mallan thought Allan would go to the man and jogged over allowing a free shot. You can see players not grasping the nettle all over the park. Nothing to do with positions but drive and desire. Heck must take some responsibility as the heads are going down far too easily and he has a big job to do on mental toughness. Yes, we lack bite in the middle of the park but for me we simply don't play as a team. Heck again has to shoulder some of the blame as we haven't had a settled team at any point and injuries haven't helped in that regard.

The other issue is our Keeper is chucking goals in. The first and third yesterday were very poor attempts. There were a couple at Ibrox too and he looked shaky against St Johnstone. The vast majority of players are performing poorly. Most are playing in positions that they are familiar with so they need to look at themselves. It doesn't matter who the manager is if practically the whole team are underperforming as individuals. I'm not talking about new signings here, most of the old guard have been below average in every game and we have no-one stepping up and leading by example. SDG and Daz are huge misses in the team purely for their leadership. Hanlon is Captain and is not performing or leading.

Heck has to take the lion's share of responsibility for the current performances but his players are letting him down week after week. He has fallen into the same trap as Lennon did and is shuffling the pack and using different cards every game. To me he needs to pick his best 11, make sure he has some runners in centre mid, concentrate on keeping it tight initially just to get the players working to a shape. We have enough good ball players to always create chances. We did yesterday and at Ibrox. Heck needs to create a team as we look like 11 individuals at the moment very similar to what he inherited. I also think he needs to play some of his own signings. Vela hasn't been great but then no-one in midfield has. Doidge isn't getting much of a chance, and no matter how poor fans think Newell is, Horgan has been terrible all season with Middleton awful yesterday. Maxwell hasn't been brilliant but he possibly deserves a chance just because Rocky has been very poor and his distribution is even more terrible this season meaning we have to defend more often.

Unfortunately, getting us playing as a team may take time and the support don't look willing to give Heck any longer. I'd bear with him until the next window but it looks like most haver made their minds up and many of them did before this season even started.

I can see where you're coming from, but right now we would just be replacing out of form players with some players who just aren't good enough. Doidge, Newell Maxwell for example haven't been effective and don't inspire confidence at all. This is one of the reasons I personally want Heckingbottom to go, he's brought all this dross in and given them 2 and 3 year contracts. So this club are going to suffer financially because of Heckingbottom's incompetence in the transfer market. Wait till the next window? No chance. Get him out now. I totally agree with you about the tinkering with formations similar to what Lennon did, but Lennon had better players to fall back on if things went tits up, we haven't got that luxury at the moment. I do see where you're coming from, I just have a different opinion, rightly or wrongly.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I actually thought Whittaker was one of our better players offensively yesterday. He was nowhere near his man at 1st and 3rd goals though.

Then it doesn’t matter how good he was offensively, does it? If you give away two goals then you have had a shocker. He’s been garbage since he got back and it’s a massive failure by the club that he is still getting game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Highlights tell only part of the story, but the evidence of those few short minutes showed lack of fight, desire, passion, Hibs players bereft of confidence and not knowing what to do to turn things around, and "not a single driving leader in a green shirt".

What the hell has happened on the field in such a short space of time?

It angers me to watch our club implode and head in the completely opposite direction to what we have been led to believe would not happen again.

Wasn't the plan to move onto the next stage and become a regular top 3 side, playing regular European football and looking the Glasgow pair in the eyes and having them come off the field knowing they were in a game?

We are so far away from that scenario it is frightening.

LaMotta
01-09-2019, 11:53 AM

The_Horde
01-09-2019, 12:11 PM

Mallan, Horgan and Slivka for the first. Boy strolls out of defence and right into our half unopposed and then even by the time he releases the ball he still has acres.

Slivka and Horgan were jogging. Mallan was standing around confused instead of getting over to help when Whittaker shows him inside.

Shocking effort, anyone would think they're trying to get rid of him.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Then it doesn’t matter how good he was offensively, does it? If you give away two goals then you have had a shocker. He’s been garbage since he got back and it’s a massive failure by the club that he is still getting game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf are you talking about? Where did i say it excused him defensively? I said he was one of our better performers offensively, which he was. I said he was at fault for 2 of the goals , can both not be accurate?

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Wtf are you talking about? Where did i say it excused him defensively? I said he was one of our better performers offensively, which he was. I said he was at fault for 2 of the goals , can both not be accurate?

Get him on at right wing then instead of Scott Allan if he comes out the tombola machine.

The_Horde
01-09-2019, 01:27 PM

Mallan could've got across, Slivka was strolling too and the boys run right into their area of the pitch to shoot.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Mallan could've got across, Slivka was strolling too and the boys run right into their area of the pitch to shoot.

Yip it was just far to pedestrian, if mallan is going to play there he needs to shift his hole and help out, obviously he isnt a DM but he should still be able to understand the basics

Vault Boy
01-09-2019, 01:35 PM
That penalty is a shocker. What on earth is Jackson doing?

Defensive unit is seriously lacking support form the midfield.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 01:46 PM
All our defenders were murder yesterday, they are all crap and need replaced asap. Cup winners or not, time to go.

hibeerealist
01-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Yep :agree:

Bright_Hibee
01-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Mallan was terrible yesterday and has been for several months. No surprise that our powderpuff midfield was posted missing at the first goal and he was horrible at the third goal too. What does he need to do to get dropped? Heckingbottom has serious questions to answer on numerous things, but Mallan and his constant selection is incredibly annoying.

Deansy
01-09-2019, 09:17 PM

Yup, even a half-hearted challenge might've seen him win that ball !

What stands out, for me, in these highlights is that opposing teams have identiified Whittaker is the weak-link !

sean04
02-09-2019, 10:25 AM
We have a real problem at right back. Teams are going to exploit Whittaker. Why he’s showing guys inside is criminal. Schoolboy defending

sean04
02-09-2019, 10:26 AM
All our defenders were murder yesterday, they are all crap and need replaced asap. Cup winners or not, time to go.

Paul Hanlon needs to come out for Porto. Dunno what has happened to him but he’s no where near the Paul Hanlon we need