PDA

View Full Version : The whole team was anxious....

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:33 AM
...and that spread to the stands. Lets get this made very clear here the Hibernian support once again turned up in decent numbers and were severely let down yet again. I am not interested in hearing any more p1sh about the atmosphere or the Hibs fans vocality home or away. The management and the players are 100% to blame for another dreadful result and have been liable since day one and will always be liable.

You serve up that pish and we will not be happy this isn't the chicken or the egg it always starts with how the team play. Get this sorted Heckingbottom as I do not take to kindly to 6-1 vs Sevco and certainly not 3-0 vs Motherwell. Do not give us another embarrassment vs Celtic as if what I have witnessed of late occurs we are going to be damaged.

Im quite pissed off Heckingbottom. Sort it. Players Sort it.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:37 AM
...and that spread to the stands. Lets get this made very clear here the Hibernian support once again turned up in decent numbers and were severely let down yet again. I am not interested in hearing any more p1sh about the atmosphere or the Hibs fans vocality home or away. The management and the players are 100% to blame for another dreadful result and have been liable since day one and will always be liable.

You serve up that pish and we will not be happy this isn't the chicken or the egg it always starts with how the team play. Get this sorted Heckingbottom as I do not take to kindly to 6-1 vs Sevco and certainly not 3-0 vs Motherwell. Do not give us another embarrassment vs Celtic as if what I have witnessed of late occurs we are going to be damaged.

Im quite pissed off Heckingbottom. Sort it. Players Sort it.

We went 1-0 down and the players shat it. Everyone who was at the game today knew then deep down the game was lost when we conceded first. Not everyone will admit that though. The players knew it, Honkingbottom knew it and the fans knew it.

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:39 AM
We went 1-0 down and the players shat it. Everyone who was at the game today knew then deep down the game was lost when we conceded first. Not everyone will admit that though. The players knew it, Honkingbottom knew it and the fans knew it.

Team is like a melted candle in midfield. I will exclude Scott Allan as he actually manages to pass to players in the right team.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Team is like a melted candle in midfield. I will exclude Scott Allan as he actually manages to pass to players in the right team.

Soft as 5hite and have been for months. That doesn't just happen, hes responsible for this mess. Ta Ta :bye:

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:41 AM
It will spread to the turnstiles as well.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:42 AM
It will spread to the turnstiles as well.

In a few months time we won't be needing all the turnstiles if this pish keeps up.

J-C
01-09-2019, 05:20 AM
Started against Stirling, he put it down to being a glorified, fitness game friendly and the team still gelling. BS he should've went through them like a dose of salts and let them know exactly what it means to play for this club.

heid the baw
01-09-2019, 05:52 AM
The softness comes from the fact that players are wrapped in cotton wool. If you sign you are given weeks before you are able to start, slightest niggle or stiffness and you don't start. This grows a risk averse mentality in players who worry too much about injury than performance.
I am not advocating playing injured players, but if Heckingbottom is going to criticise the team for being softer than their opponents, he needs to look at why this could be the case

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 07:06 AM
That is why there were boos last week and some more yesterday. What is being served up is not good enough.

You came out against a very decent away support and let all of them down badly. You were 100% to blame last week and its same this week. Somebody said NL last game was vs Motherwell and we went out with a whimper and they were right.

That whimper though now looks like a roar compared to yesterday's serving. It's actually quite a good comparison on progress. Not looking very good is it?

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 04:20 PM
So NL last game rather poor performance that evening. 8 months on is it fair to make a comparison to that performance and yesterdays as I would have been hopeful of progress and decent progress.

Carheenlea
01-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Hibs fans are pretty good judges when it comes to sensing when a managerial appointment isn’t working. We’ve had plenty years experience in a support that ranges from teens to septuagenarians, and the board can’t afford to ignore that.
The same goes for players - the fans will give everyone a chance, but again we are good judges to whether players are a good fit for our club. So far in that regard, the fans are seeing little evidence or encouragement that our new signings will come good. There doesn’t seem to be a bond between new player and fan, and that doesn’t bode well going forward. The new signings don’t seem to be of the personality we’ve been used to seeing. Quite simply, it’s about getting Hibs and getting Hibs quickly.

greenlex
01-09-2019, 08:36 PM

No it wasn’t. It was certainly the case after the second but wrong to call that at one down.

jacomo
01-09-2019, 08:36 PM
The softness comes from the fact that players are wrapped in cotton wool. If you sign you are given weeks before you are able to start, slightest niggle or stiffness and you don't start. This grows a risk averse mentality in players who worry too much about injury than performance.
I am not advocating playing injured players, but if Heckingbottom is going to criticise the team for being softer than their opponents, he needs to look at why this could be the case

Rubbish.

The softness comes from not having a midfield that can tackle or challenge for the ball.

Carheenlea
01-09-2019, 08:49 PM
No it wasn’t. It was certainly the case after the second but wrong to call that at one down.

There was certainly an air of resignation amongst the fans after the first, or at least that's the way I felt with the travelling support. Even after a bright spell in the second half with lots of possession, albeit with little in the way of looking particularly dangerous, I got the sense nobody could really see us getting back into the game. Even the players gave off that with a good example being Mallan, Allan and Horgan trying some fancy training ground free kick that ultimately failed miserably as opposed to Mallan taking aim with the dead ball what is his speciality.
I think most of us were just waiting on the second being conceded and nobody was particularly surprised.

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 08:58 PM
There was certainly an air of resignation amongst the fans after the first, or at least that's the way I felt with the travelling support. Even after a bright spell in the second half with lots of possession, albeit with little in the way of looking particularly dangerous, I got the sense nobody could really see us getting back into the game. Even the players gave off that with a good example being Mallan, Allan and Horgan trying some fancy training ground free kick that ultimately failed miserably as opposed to Mallan taking aim with the dead ball what is his speciality.
I think most of us were just waiting on the second being conceded and nobody was particularly surprised.

That was absolutely bizarre, a great shooting opportunity and we work a worse angle, absolute genius.

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 10:15 PM

No no no if there was an air of resignation after 1-0 from the support that might have filtered down to pitch and ended up making it 3-0.

col02
02-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Hibs fans are pretty good judges when it comes to sensing when a managerial appointment isn’t working. We’ve had plenty years experience in a support that ranges from teens to septuagenarians, and the board can’t afford to ignore that.
The same goes for players - the fans will give everyone a chance, but again we are good judges to whether players are a good fit for our club. So far in that regard, the fans are seeing little evidence or encouragement that our new signings will come good. There doesn’t seem to be a bond between new player and fan, and that doesn’t bode well going forward. The new signings don’t seem to be of the personality we’ve been used to seeing. Quite simply, it’s about getting Hibs and getting Hibs quickly.

I think this is a very good point you've made! Look at the managers we as a support have taken to recently. They've fought our corner in the media, have set their teams out to attack and have also been very respectful to the support.

As for the players we take to guys that have a bit personality and swagger. That swagger seems to be missing right now sadly and even last season in the top six players weren't expressing themselves. I sometimes wonder if PH is maybe over complicating what in essence should be a easy set up.

Greenio
02-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Hibs fans are pretty good judges when it comes to sensing when a managerial appointment isn’t working.

Totally disagree. Fans are totally impatient, reactive and shortsighted when it comes to making calls on the long term startegies of managerial appointments.

Our support is 100% dependent on immediacy and only given to players or managers if we're getting the right short term results.

I'll never deny them of it. But it's not helping our club turn it around. If we backed the manager and the players and the club to do it, then maybe they could. But weren't not and we'll hound him out and look for a quick fix which, imo, will result in at least 2 seasons of uncertainty, instability and reactive decisions to try and fix it.

It's not just us though, it's the way football is nowadays. A culture driven my big business sole owners I think.

Shame really

Since452
02-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Totally disagree. Fans are totally impatient, reactive and shortsighted when it comes to making calls on the long term startegies of managerial appointments.

Our support is 100% dependent on immediacy and only given to players or managers if we're getting the right short term results.

I'll never deny them of it. But it's not helping our club turn it around. If we backed the manager and the players and the club to do it, then maybe they could. But weren't not and we'll hound him out and look for a quick fix which, imo, will result in at least 2 seasons of uncertainty, instability and reactive decisions to try and fix it.

It's not just us though, it's the way football is nowadays. A culture driven my big business sole owners I think.

Shame really

Spot on

James Stephen
02-09-2019, 08:27 AM
To those who dont think the fans can have a negative effect on the team (I'm not saying they did at fir park, I wasn't there), do you also think that fans can't positively affect a team (I.e. roaring the team on to win?)

GoalsMcGinley
02-09-2019, 08:32 AM

Shame really

Couldn’t disagree more. Hibs fans will tolerate results going against us a lot longer if theyre seeing progress and a side that plays good, attacking football. What we’re being subjected to just now is like a throwback to Alex Miller. Start with a point and hope not to lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenio
02-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Couldn’t disagree more. Hibs fans will tolerate results going against us a lot longer if theyre seeing progress and a side that plays good, attacking football. What we’re being subjected to just now is like a throwback to Alex Miller. Start with a point and hope not to lose it.

You wouldn't think it reading posts on here

Captain Trips
02-09-2019, 08:40 AM
To those who dont think the fans can have a negative effect on the team (I'm not saying they did at fir park, I wasn't there), do you also think that fans can't positively affect a team (I.e. roaring the team on to win?)

How many games you been to we have been great in stands and lost? Loads and loads. I don't think it's as much an influence as we would hope. Every player is different.

The players are cheered onto park every game and that is when it's on the players to play their part. Regardless the crowd is a convient excuse for teams to use or fans who dare not show criticism of the team as a factor.

Last Saturday and this Saturday showed the problem is manager and players.

GoalsMcGinley
02-09-2019, 08:47 AM
You wouldn't think it reading posts on here

Because we’re not playing well or seeing progress. We’re right to be worried at this point imo.

Carheenlea
02-09-2019, 08:53 AM
How many games you been to we have been great in stands and lost? Loads and loads. I don't think it's as much an influence as we would hope. Every player is different.

The players are cheered onto park every game and that is when it's on the players to play their part. Regardless the crowd is a convient excuse for teams to use or fans who dare not show criticism of the team as a factor.

Last Saturday and this Saturday showed the problem is manager and players.

The fans, in particular the 1875 group who in big numbers made a lot of noise pre match and in support of the team from the start. There’s only so long that can go on without anything on the pitch to encourage it, so it will naturally fizzle out. A good example would be away to St Johnstone last season, under Heckingbottom, a spirited performance where we came from behind to win 2-1 while being reduced to 10 men after Slivka I think, was sent off. The atmosphere was outstanding that night and fans bounced off players and vice versa. Two players who aren’t with us now but who “got” Hibs in McNulty, who scored twice, and Omeonga setting him up with an outrageous pass for the winner. The fans can only do so much.

SMAXXA
02-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Why should he be excluded? He needs to do the dirty work aswell as any other player you excluding him is exactly what’s wrong with the team some can work and some don’t have to, rubbish we need everyone fighting and scrapping for every ball and when we have the ball let those like Scotty do their stuff.

Carheenlea
02-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Shame really

Hibs fans have rarely been wrong. We more often than not can see the signs of not all being well in a manager before the boardroom does. By airing our concerns it is absolutely all about supporting the club rather than not as we do not want to see our club taking big backward steps. Alarm bells are ringing, and it it needs addressed before it’s too late and the rot truly sets in.

Captain Trips
02-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Why should he be excluded? He needs to do the dirty work aswell as any other player you excluding him is exactly what’s wrong with the team some can work and some don’t have to, rubbish we need everyone fighting and scrapping for every ball and when we have the ball let those like Scotty do their stuff.

Im excluding him because that is my opinion on what "I" expected of him to play in passes. What is wrong with team is that players who are not so good at this are expected to do so when we should have players in the team to do the fighting. I do not expect Mallan to be a ball winner, I do not expect him to win lots of headers what I do expect is by now to have the players on board that allow Mallan and Allan etc to play.

Expecting these players to do what "you" think is exactly the problem. If Allan is scrapping away or Mallan then they will not be in positions to play in the passes. Mallan is not capable of playing that way which says more about PH than Mallan, its not a slight on him its just something he cant do as well.

B.H.F.C
02-09-2019, 09:07 AM

Shame really

If there were signs that we were heading in the right direction he’d get some backing but it’s getting progressively worse.

He’s been very open about how he wants to play but what we are seeing couldn’t be further away from that.

We’ve lost 14 goals in our last 4 games and it’s not an exaggeration to say we could have lost double that. We’re a total mess.

Greenio
02-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Hibs fans have rarely been wrong. We more often than not can see the signs of not all being well in a manager before the boardroom does. By airing our concerns it is absolutely all about supporting the club rather than not as we do not want to see our club taking big backward steps. Alarm bells are ringing, and it it needs addressed before it’s too late and the rot truly sets in.

My point is it's not too late. It's too early. We're making it worse when our influence could be making it better.

Of course , its hard to separate emotion and football! But statistically, its not the right thing to do.

"a short term decline in performance is not a good reason to be firing your manager".

www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23724517

SMAXXA
02-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Im excluding him because that is my opinion on what "I" expected of him to play in passes. What is wrong with team is that players who are not so good at this are expected to do so when we should have players in the team to do the fighting. I do not expect Mallan to be a ball winner, I do not expect him to win lots of headers what I do expect is by now to have the players on board that allow Mallan and Allan etc to play.

Expecting these players to do what "you" think is exactly the problem. If Allan is scrapping away or Mallan then they will not be in positions to play in the passes. Mallan is not capable of playing that way which says more about PH than Mallan, its not a slight on him its just something he cant do as well.

Well your wrong 😂

Captain Trips
02-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Well your wrong 😂

We...I am not :cb

SMAXXA
02-09-2019, 09:33 AM
We...I am not :cb

Top man, respect your opinion I just don’t agree 👍

Captain Trips
02-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Top man, respect your opinion I just don’t agree 👍

Indeed and I totally get where you are coming from dont agree but it makes sense.

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 10:14 AM

Shame really

I agree with your post as a general, wider point, and there’s definitely truth to it in regards to the St Johnstone game a fortnight ago. But, as I’ve already said on here, the atmosphere was generally positive in the away end on Saturday. The young team were bouncing away and Heckingbottom’s name was being sung (not by all admittedly). Hibs were given unconditional support right up until the second goal, and I can’t really blame anyone for giving up at that point.

Greenio
02-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I agree with your post as a general, wider point, and there’s definitely truth to it in regards to the St Johnstone game a fortnight ago. But, as I’ve already said on here, the atmosphere was generally positive in the away end on Saturday. The young team were bouncing away and Heckingbottom’s name was being sung (not by all admittedly). Hibs were given unconditional support right up until the second goal, and I can’t really blame anyone for giving up at that point.

I was more talking about the general attitudes against PH - on here, FB, etc - not the specific crowd reaction at the games.

Safe to say the general consensus amongst what seems the be the majority (dunno if there's more patient people like me willing to give him a fair amount of time before calling for his head, who just keep quiet) is that he's a dead man walking, which, imo, is the wrong way to go about trying to get your club out of a pretty pish run of form

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Shame really

But something is seriously wrong with Hibs. A team going through transition may find things not coming off for them but they can still have energy, pace and fight. We seem to have none of those attributes. If Heck hasn't been able instill those things by now he never will. So I don't see any point in giving him more time.

Onion
02-09-2019, 11:38 AM
My point is it's not too late. It's too early. We're making it worse when our influence could be making it better.

Of course , its hard to separate emotion and football! But statistically, its not the right thing to do.

"a short term decline in performance is not a good reason to be firing your manager".

www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23724517

Agreed, but at some stage you need to decide what short term means. Our performances since the split last season have been dire and appear to be getting worse. Humiliated at Ibrox, dominated at home by a poor St Johnstone team and now thrashed (3-0 going on 5 or 6) by Motherwell all point to us NOT achieving our stated objective of 4th in the league. Hibs set this reasonable target, the fans bought into it by buying STs in good numbers, supplied the manager and club with bigger funds than most of our opponents. I don't recall PH or LD explaining that there may be a lengthy bedding in period for every new signing, that we'd be languishing at the foot of the table for a while, that anxiety in the stands would cost us games, and the football would for the most part be eye-bleeding. 1 win in our last 9 SPL fixtures is relegation form which ever league you're in and miles short of what we expected, need or deserve. IMO the next 2 or 3 games will (and should) decide Heckingbottom's future at Hibs.

jacomo
02-09-2019, 11:43 AM
I was more talking about the general attitudes against PH - on here, FB, etc - not the specific crowd reaction at the games.

Safe to say the general consensus amongst what seems the be the majority (dunno if there's more patient people like me willing to give him a fair amount of time before calling for his head, who just keep quiet) is that he's a dead man walking, which, imo, is the wrong way to go about trying to get your club out of a pretty pish run of form

What are you seeing that makes you want to give him more time?

Greenio
02-09-2019, 12:27 PM
What are you seeing that makes you want to give him more time?

Good questions, again, I'd say it's not about what I've seen, but what I am prepared to wait to see. I feel it's too early to pull the plug and send us into god knows where - stats show it wont get better, so why move early, pull it all apart, pay money, and go into the desperate sourcing of a new manager mid season - when has that every worked out for us before? ever?

I'll give him 12 league games and until then i'll back him and the players and not make a bad situation any worse.

Not saying anyone cant say what they want to say btw, im just talking about me

jacomo
02-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Good questions, again, I'd say it's not about what I've seen, but what I am prepared to wait to see. I feel it's too early to pull the plug and send us into god knows where - stats show it wont get better, so why move early, pull it all apart, pay money, and go into the desperate sourcing of a new manager mid season - when has that every worked out for us before? ever?

I'll give him 12 league games and until then i'll back him and the players and not make a bad situation any worse.

Not saying anyone cant say what they want to say btw, im just talking about me

Fair enough and thanks for the reply.

I get that PH has a clear idea about how he wants us to play but I have very little confidence that he can get us there.

The big problem for me is not the results, it is the complete absence of the high pressing style he promised us. Against both St Johnstone and Motherwell our players dropped off opponents and didn’t press them at all, against Rangers we offered absolutely nothing.

The fact that he set us up 4-4-2 last Saturday and then dropped his own signings to the bench v Well also suggests that he has no faith in what he is doing.

It seems ridiculously early to talk about sacking him but I’m not seeing any prospect of improvement or seeing a plan.

bawheid
02-09-2019, 01:04 PM
My concern is that short termism will result in a long term decline.

Mixu Paatelainen and John Hughes were statistically “decent” Hibs managers. Had us punching around our weight. Hughes had us qualifying for Europe and was sacked a few months later after a poor start to the 10/11 season. I remember similar rage on here then about performances and results.

What then followed was the Calderwood-Fenlon-Butcher disaster that resulted in relegation. If we’re going to get rid now then there better be a bloody good plan B or we’ll be calling for the next guy’s head in February.

rcarter1
02-09-2019, 01:16 PM
My concern is that short termism will result in a long term decline.

Mixu Paatelainen and John Hughes were statistically “decent” Hibs managers. Had us punching around our weight. Hughes had us qualifying for Europe and was sacked a few months later after a poor start to the 10/11 season. I remember similar rage on here then about performances and results.

What then followed was the Calderwood-Fenlon-Butcher disaster that resulted in relegation. If we’re going to get rid now then there better be a bloody good plan B or we’ll be calling for the next guy’s head in February.

This is the catch 22 isn’t it. Who wants to manage Hibs? Desperados and misguided ex-players, and every so often someone who can work a budget and get the right bargains in the transfer market. A new manager now will really struggle to do much unless they are very talented. How many talented managers want to come to Hibs?