PDA

View Full Version : Hecky’s at the wheel.....

loanhead hibs
31-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Time to back the gaffer. Next few games are crucial. Yes we’ve had a terrible start but let’s get behind the team rather than throw the manager until the bus after 4 league games?

allezsauzee
31-08-2019, 11:52 PM
Completely agree but I hope you have a tin hat on :wink:....oh and be prepared to be accused of being a jambo

Hermit Crab
31-08-2019, 11:58 PM
Time to back the gaffer. Next few games are crucial. Yes we’ve had a terrible start but let’s get behind the team rather than throw the manager until the bus after 4 league games?

What about the crap performances in the league cup games?

What about the the last 5 games of last season?

What about only picking up 6 points out of a possible 30?

What about the 5hite signings?

What about the horrendous defence we have?

What about conceding 14 goals in the last 4 games?

Defend that performance today please.

This is Butcher relegation stuff!

makaveli1875
01-09-2019, 12:05 AM

Apart from all that he's doing great

Sir David Gray
01-09-2019, 12:06 AM

It's not 4 games though.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:14 AM
Apart from all that he's doing great

Too many happy clappers in our support, thats part of our problem. Too many refuse to see that the senior players, those who played in that cup win are actually no very good and need replaced. Open your eyes folks. No room for sentimentality in football.

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:18 AM

Quite simple is this the best this team can play? If so there is no point in changing him. I think they are better than this if set up correctly and certain individuals dropped therefore changing him is for best.

WestStandWillie
01-09-2019, 12:20 AM

Oh FFS. Go to bed. PHECK OUT.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:21 AM
#Heck5hit

Lancs Harp
01-09-2019, 12:41 AM

Bang on Fella

Negative tactics, his ideas dont work and/or he cant communicate his ideas to the players.

Lets not sleepwalk into decline we've been there before, wake up LD all that work undone cant you see whats going on on the pitch??? Can you not see the detrimental affect this is happening on our club after recent years of positivity .

Extremely concerned fan.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Bang on Fella

Negative tactics, his ideas dont work and/or he cant communicate his ideas to the players.

Lets not sleepwalk into decline we've been there before, wake up LD all that work undone cant you see whats going on on the pitch??? Can you not see the detrimental affect this is happening on our club after recent years of positivity .

Extremely concerned fan.

If the club really do read this forum then read this. WE ARE GASH. NEW MANAGER AND PLAYING PERSONNEL REQUIRED ASAP!!!

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:48 AM
Heckys at the wheel....................

http://home.bt.com/images/toyota-crushed-by-mining-lorry-in-russia-136394106926903901-141103112326.jpg

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Heckys at the wheel....................

http://home.bt.com/images/toyota-crushed-by-mining-lorry-in-russia-136394106926903901-141103112326.jpg

:taxi for Hecky!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Too many happy clappers in our support, thats part of our problem. Too many refuse to see that the senior players, those who played in that cup win are actually no very good and need replaced. Open your eyes folks. No room for sentimentality in football.

I certainly think that's something we need to come to terms with sooner rather than later.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:53 AM
I certainly think that's something we need to come to terms with sooner rather than later.

Some fans just can't see past the fact that these players no longer meet the required standard for Hibernian Football Club!

marinello59
01-09-2019, 04:14 AM

We had an aging defence that should have been replaced. The players Hecky has brought in somply aren’t good enough, that was apparent from the first pre-season game. We’ve taken a massive step backwards under this guy. It’s time for those running our club to be ruthless. There is a hell of a mess to be sorted out though.

01-09-2019, 04:53 AM

So the two players who played in the cup final and yesterday?

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2019, 06:23 AM

Agree with this totally.

Hibernian Verse
01-09-2019, 06:28 AM
Too many happy clappers in our support, thats part of our problem. Too many refuse to see that the senior players, those who played in that cup win are actually no very good and need replaced. Open your eyes folks. No room for sentimentality in football.Have to disagree with your first sentence there. People have a right to form and have an opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it part of "our" problem. You not liking it makes it your problem. If said happy clappers were unhappy it wouldn't actually make a difference because LD evidently doesn't listen to the voice of the support.

I don't mind you usually HC but when Hibs get beat or you don't get tickets etc you really get the knives out on fellow fans and it's not conducive to anything positive. In my opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 06:30 AM

From experience, fan power usually leads to disaster. Yes, this boss doesn't look up to it, but what will be achieved from fans screaming at the team?

The board will sit up and notice when attendances fall. People stay away when the atmosphere gets toxic.

I think I have just answered my own question. Keep up the good work, this is your time.

coldingham hibs
01-09-2019, 06:50 AM
So the two players who played in the cup final and yesterday?

In fairness to HC he is spot on, of the two players yesterday Paul Hanlon has been terrible. Lewis Stevenson isn’t back to match fitness so maybe a bit unfair on him but he needs a massive improvement also.

green day
01-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Nailed it - we know PH has to go, thats a given.

However Craig and Dempster have sat back and allowed a situation to develop where we have spent our money on slow, technically poor players on long contracts.

Add to this that we dont seem to have first team players ready coming out of the development system and you wonder what the hell is going on.

Dempster and Craig talk about forward planning, but it was clear to a blind man that our defence was slowing up and we needed to bring players in. We had the chance last year to bring a couple in slowly, now we need wholesale change.

And all this is before I get on to the other things wrong at the club which fall squarely at Dempsters door.

eta, for all those saying "attendances will fall" actually our attendance will never fall below 12800 this season because the fans bought those STs, so using that as a yardstick for the board is nonsense. We need big reform and cant wait until next years STs fall off a cliff.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 07:05 AM
The fans will continue to back the team. I missed yesterday's game but those I spoke to and what I read on here are in general agreement that the fans were fantastic yesterday and gave the team vocal, positive backing despite witnessing another below par performance.

I remember in the relegation season social media, forums and speaking to people in 'real life' all saw real vitriol being aimed at the club, manager and players. I attended most away games that season and during the run in, despite absolutely awful performances, those in attendance desperately tried to coax a performance out that side with phenomenal backing.

I won't go to a game with the intention of booing or abusing the manager but I absolutely am not backing him either. Only he can turn this around and that requires him to reassess absolutely everything he is currently doing. He won't though and he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 07:05 AM

However Craig and Dempster have sat back and allowed a situation to develop where we have spent our money on slow, technically poor players on long contracts.

Add to this that we dont seem to have first team players ready coming out of the development system and you wonder what the hell is going on.

Dempster and Craig talk about forward planning, but it was clear to a blind man that our defence was slowing up and we needed to bring players in. We had the chance last year to bring a couple in slowly, now we need wholesale change.

And all this is before I get on to the other things wrong at the club which fall squarely at Dempsters door.

eta, for all those saying "attendances will fall" actually our attendance will never fall below 12800 this season because the fans bought those STs, so using that as a yardstick for the board is nonsense. We need big reform and cant wait until next years STs fall off a cliff.

I'm sure the board also budget on walk ups. So it isn't nonsense at all, unless they just give that extra money away, or spend it on sweeties or something.

Corporate hospitality will also take a hit, and in sure they don't just put that money in a box for the Christmas night out.

However, joking apart, what do you suggest to bring about change? I remember fans waving season books at the back of the stand a couple of years back, that went well.

When you say, "let develop", do you actually mean, "made a wrong decision?" Are you suggesting the CEO gets involved in picking the team now, and telling the manager what players to sign?

Dmas
01-09-2019, 07:06 AM
In fairness to HC he is spot on, of the two players yesterday Paul Hanlon has been terrible. Lewis Stevenson isn’t back to match fitness so maybe a bit unfair on him but he needs a massive improvement also.

Those 2 are falling foul to the managers failure to set up
a team properly, at full back there’s no protection from the wing and at centre half you’re getting no midfield cover, I think the defence is getting a lot of unfair criticism just now, how many times yesterday where the 4 pulled all over the place, there was countless times Whittaker was left with 2 men as Horgan was either caught too far up field or just not tracking his runner, Stevenson had the same with Middleton

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2019, 07:08 AM
He’s fell asleep at the wheel. Out.

mcfly
01-09-2019, 07:17 AM

The players he stated he wanted in early are worse than what we had.

Releasing our 2 defensive midfielders was a a disgrace - this man must go and go now. He’s ultra boring style of football will drive fans away, he’s lost the fans support with his blame of them last week. He’s arrogant and appears unable to take any personal blame.

Hearts are rubbish but you can be sure they will walk all over our powder puff midfield. If we don’t act now then this season will be a relegation battle and Easter road will become a place no fan looks forward to going to which is sad after the 4-5 great seasons we have had.

jacomo
01-09-2019, 07:19 AM

We’ve signed two new defenders this summer plus another keeper. They may or may not be the answer but we have addressed this area of the team.

SDG still looks like a class right back when fit, Lewis will be fine again, Daz and Hanlon haven’t become bad players overnight.

Our problems are injuries, form and the fact that our midfield is soft as butter.

green day
01-09-2019, 07:30 AM
I'm sure the board also budget on walk ups. So it isn't nonsense at all, unless they just give that extra money away, or spend it on sweeties or something.

Corporate hospitality will also take a hit, and in sure they don't just put that money in a box for the Christmas night out.

However, joking apart, what do you suggest to bring about change? I remember fans waving season books at the back of the stand a couple of years back, that went well.

When you say, "let develop", do you actually mean, "made a wrong decision?" Are you suggesting the CEO gets involved in picking the team now, and telling the manager what players to sign?

Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

What exactly do you think Dempster IS responsible for?

For me, these have gone tits up on her watch -

Recruitment - Player and Manager
Fans bar
Catering
Scanners
Stadium looks like a dump
Commercial income / Sponsor
Hospitality is pathetic (I was there last week)
Radio silence about what will happen with HSL money under Rons regime
Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

Fans bar
Catering
Scanners
Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?

To be fair, most of the things you are criticising her for are not things I really worry about, so I can't really comment.

Regarding the team, I think she deserves to show that she can react to the recent setbacks, based on the fact she got so much right in previous years.

Hopefully the off field matters will come back to a standard that people expect in the coming months. I really haven't got a clue how that will happen, who is to blame, or how it is fixed though.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 01:05 PM
To be fair, most of the things you are criticising her for are not things I really worry about, so I can't really comment.

Regarding the team, I think she deserves to show that she can react to the recent setbacks, based on the fact she got so much right in previous years.

Hopefully the off field matters will come back to a standard that people expect in the coming months. I really haven't got a clue how that will happen, who is to blame, or how it is fixed though.

Re: The bit in bold, I totally agree.

It's nice to see we agree on something

:wink:

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Re: The bit in bold, I totally agree.

It's nice to see we agree on something

:wink:

:aok:

hibeerealist
01-09-2019, 02:20 PM

Gawn yersel :confused:

hibeerealist
01-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Fans bar
Catering
Scanners
Loyalty points debacle

Not been to hospitality yet this season, what made it “pathetic”?

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 02:34 PM
I was hoping Hecky at the wheel would be:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/cAfaWIcWr7qus/200w.webp?cid=790b76119d0d7310d1a7a1ec8733c87ec926 b4be433d9698&rid=200w.webp (https://giphy.com/gifs/cAfaWIcWr7qus)

It's turning into:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxdnfWJF RpP8Eo%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

green day
01-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Not been to hospitality yet this season, what made it “pathetic”?

Arrived at the table to find a crappy bit of photocopied paper poorly cut masquerading as a menu.

Menu was ok.......carrot and coriander soup, pork escalope, and some pastry thing as pudding.

Drinks exact same as before - either crap draught lager or bottles of schiehallion

Very little chat from Barry, rushed through the teams etc seemed a bit rushed compared to before

One tv on - miles away at the other end so we couldnt see it - showing the live lunchtime football

No table hosts (used to be people like Pat etc walking round chatting)

No exec presence, used to see Rod coming round saying hello

Match sponsor table had Stewart Lovell at it, he did a wee bit at half time which was "ok" as were the pies

The place looked tatty, toilets had broken towel dispensers, at least one leaky urinal

Worst of all - you may remember St J was a warm day? - aircon was not working at all.

Everyone was melting. I spoke to one of the staff and they said "yes we know its warm isnt it, sorry - there are fans at the other end" There was hee haw near us.

It has clearly been like that for a bit and left unfixed.

Having mentioned this, I kinda expected jugs of water on the tables at HT / FT - nothing, we had to request water and..........believe me, it was melting and I was downing the beer !!!!

It just felt like they didnt give a **** and were just taking us for granted, at £100 for a ST holder. On another thread someone says they were are Tynie and the offering is apparently much better.

I reckon you would get a better offering from a Championship team - honestly.

Dunbar Hibee
01-09-2019, 02:37 PM

We DO get behind the team. Unfortunately for us we have a ***** manager who likes to blame everyone but himself. He should have been gone after the Ibrox debacle for me.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Arrived at the table to find a crappy bit of photocopied paper poorly cut masquerading as a menu.

Menu was ok.......carrot and coriander soup, pork escalope, and some pastry thing as pudding.

Drinks exact same as before - either crap draught lager or bottles of schiehallion

Very little chat from Barry, rushed through the teams etc seemed a bit rushed compared to before

One tv on - miles away at the other end so we couldnt see it - showing the live lunchtime football

Match sponsor table had Stewart Lovell at it, he did a wee bit at half time which was "ok" as were the pies

The place looked tatty, toilets had broken towel dispensers, at least one leaky urinal

Worst of all - you may remember St J was a warm day? - aircon was not working at all.

Everyone was melting. I spoke to one of the staff and they said "yes we know its warm isnt it, sorry - there are fans at the other end" There was hee haw near us.

Having mentioned this, I kinda expected jugs of water on the tables at HT / FT - nothing, we had to request water and..........believe me, it was melting and I was downing the beer !!!!

It just felt like they didnt give a **** and were just taking us for granted, at £100 for a ST holder. On another thread someone says they were are Tynie and the offering is apparently much better.

That does seem very poor for a hospitality price. As you say, the sort of thing a wee lower league club might manage.

green day
01-09-2019, 02:56 PM
That does seem very poor for a hospitality price. As you say, the sort of thing a wee lower league club might manage.

Yep, and this is kinda why I dont buy the "Dempster as irreplaceable" thing. The media and to a certain extent plenty of our fans think she is great because of what happened with Butcher etc.

We hear talk about all sorts of stuff, NHS, community, sports science, nutrition, recruitment, blah blah blah - frankly I dont really give a monkeys if the first team are crap and in freefall.

In my opinion, the eye has been taken off the ball in so many areas, and its not like LD gets paid peanuts to oversee this stuff...................

Weegreenman
01-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Would agree with this. Our Vice Captain is the perfect example tbh. He’s been horrible for a while now. Not great to see, especially someone who’s been held in such high regard but he’s certainly not alone in that respect.

NC1875
01-09-2019, 04:57 PM
2016 and that cup final was a long time ago. We can’t keep poor players because they were a part of that. Time for some of them to go. That’s when we actually get a manager you would trust with finding replacements

green with envy
01-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Saved me from saying all that. Spot on again HC

ancient hibee
01-09-2019, 05:20 PM

What was the club's response when you raised these faults with them?