PDA

View Full Version : What can we salvage from this debacle?

Bob Box Fish
31-08-2019, 08:31 PM
I think Dempster will try to save face and hold firm with Hecky, however, if she did sack him what could we salvage from the squad for the next manager:

GK Rocky
CB Porteous
Mid Allan
Mid Hallberg ?
Mid F Murray
RM Boyle / Middleton
STK Kamberi

The rest I’m not bothered about tbh including Stevenson etal.

H18 SFR
31-08-2019, 08:48 PM
I'd expect the new manager to be challenging for 4th and Europe with the current squad! Why? Because the rest of the competition is ***** too!

IberianHibernian
31-08-2019, 08:56 PM
I think Dempster will try to save face and hold firm with Hecky, however, if she did sack him what could we salvage from the squad for the next manager:

GK Rocky
CB Porteous
Mid Allan
Mid Hallberg ?
Mid F Murray
RM Boyle / Middleton
STK Kamberi

The rest I’m not bothered about tbh including Stevenson etal. Loads of players that are not on your list who have long contracts and would be expensive to pay off and I`m not just meaning this summer`s signings . IF we change manager , new manager will have to make best of current squad till at least January and probably beyond .

BlackSheep
31-08-2019, 10:42 PM
I actually think you’re underestimating the squad, it’s clear to me that we have a talented team, but our manager is in over his head.

hibsdaft
31-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Fingers crossed someone could get more out of the rest of the players we have. Including the new signings.

tamig
31-08-2019, 10:48 PM
I actually think you’re underestimating the squad, it’s clear to me that we have a talented team, but our manager is in over his head.

I agree. Think our squad is pretty strong but not being utilised correctly. A half decent manager would have us challenging for top four in this league.

Scottie
31-08-2019, 11:02 PM

I agree. Think our squad is pretty strong but not being utilised correctly. A half decent manager would have us challenging for top four in this league.
Maybe its the players that are in over their heads and not the manager, some of them just don't seem arsed at all :duck:

1875Sean
31-08-2019, 11:05 PM

GK Rocky
CB Porteous
Mid Allan
Mid Hallberg ?
Mid F Murray
RM Boyle / Middleton
STK Kamberi

The rest I’m not bothered about tbh including Stevenson etal.

Why is Middleton on your list out of interested? Can’t see anything special fro him so far

basehibby
31-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Our squad is strong in some areas but there are some gaping holes. Very little in the way of devastating pace and not one player recognisable as a defensive midfielder. I actually think that just about all of our players have got something to offer - but without these components we will struggle to win games.

BlackSheep
01-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Our squad is strong in some areas but there are some gaping holes. Very little in the way of devastating pace and not one player recognisable as a defensive midfielder. I actually think that just about all of our players have got something to offer - but without these components we will struggle to win games.

Everyone keeps on about not having a DM... so why don’t we assemble a starting 11 that doesn’t require one!!!!

The only reason we ‘need’ a DM right now is down to accommodating Mallan. Last year he played extremely well and we had players like Bartley and Milligan to protect the back four while Mallan had anonymous spells... this year we are crying our for one cos Mallan is a terrible tackler and let’s opposition midfielders walk past him... Motherwell’s third goal today demonstrates Mallan’s defensive failings.

When we play both Mallan and Allan we desperately need cover but if we played only one of them, based on current form, talent and drive it would be Allan, then we wouldn’t need a DM!

And in answer to the calls that the players may be the ones in over their head and look like they couldn’t care less.... it’s Heckingbottom’s job to motivate them... he obviously is unable to do this.

Bob Box Fish
01-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Why is Middleton on your list out of interested? Can’t see anything special fro him so far

I think he is good enough to make the cut.