PDA

View Full Version : It’s All down to 1 v 1

Still Smiling
31-08-2019, 08:23 PM
What type of excuse is this from Hecky?

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Man, the amount of times he said it!! Crazy talk!

Mikey_1875
31-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Dont forget we looked pretty today

ross1875
31-08-2019, 08:25 PM
If shaw was on from start might have been different

Is It On....
31-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Along with "that's been the trend, that's been the theme" it is almost Cathro[esc] dare I say ☹️

Coco Bryce
31-08-2019, 08:32 PM
'It will improve' he told the EEN after the game.

matty_f
31-08-2019, 08:37 PM
I think he needs to go, but he has a point. The amount of times a Hibs player lost their personal battle with their direct opponent was unreal.

eastcoasthibby
31-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Heckys philosophy for the type of players he said he was bringing in was that they were good on 1 v 1, !! Amidst all the abilities that would let us play a high pressing game and one .... Right through that team there is an inability, lack of any pace, lack of quality and lack of competitive grit ...I watched players show a lack of effort, Mallan, Horgan, Slivka, Middleton, all at walking pace throughout the game it's just not good enough ..if things aren't going right you work hard to get into the game, we have too many !! that

Ringothedog
31-08-2019, 08:48 PM
I think he needs to go, but he has a point. The amount of times a Hibs player lost their personal battle with their direct opponent was unreal.

Our players all hid, in fact they were masters at it today, there is no leadership on or off the park. If we play like that against Hearts they will murder us. The players are cowards and should be ashamed of themselves as should the coaching staff.

ballengeich
31-08-2019, 09:04 PM
What is his opinion of the managerial 1 v 1?

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Our players were miles away from their markers when they received the ball. Sometimes a good 15 to 20 yards. You can’t give players that much time. Our lazy slow tempo approach is costing us. Players look unfit and lack confidence. Motherwell were hunting in packs when we had possession. Not giving us time to settle or pick a pass. That’s were we need to be. Basics!

Sammy7nil
31-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Yogi as Hibs Captain allegedly walked round the dressing room facing up to each player prior to a Derby saying it is 11 square goes. I will win mine you win yours. :greengrin

Is It On....
31-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Yogi as Hibs Captain allegedly walked round the dressing room facing up to each player prior to a Derby saying it is 11 square goes. I will win mine you win yours. :greengrin

Legend..

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 09:27 PM
He doesn’t half rave a load of rubbish.

Time For Heroes
31-08-2019, 09:28 PM

😁

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2019, 09:29 PM
A man totally out of his depth.

The_Horde
31-08-2019, 09:32 PM
He's used all these excuses before at Leeds.

Zazu62
31-08-2019, 09:33 PM
How many times does eh need to say the same thing

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Our players all hid, in fact they were masters at it today, there is no leadership on or off the park. If we play like that against Hearts they will murder us. The players are cowards and should be ashamed of themselves as should the coaching staff.

Absolutely … I'm already dreading the derby and if anybody else isn't I would love to know why, we aren't showing any quality and neither are they … that means it will come down to who fights hardest and we lack fight in spades whereas no matter how Ertha Kitt they might be the Yams rarely do when they play us.

IberianHibernian
31-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Absolutely … I'm already dreading the derby and if anybody else isn't I would love to know why, we aren't showing any quality and neither are they … that means it will come down to who fights hardest and we lack fight in spades whereas no matter how Ertha Kitt they might be the Yams rarely do when they play us.I can understand the comments about Derby but the team performed well enough with same manager in Derbies last season and whoever is our manager in next Derby if we don`t play well will have to take some responsibility .

Sammy7nil
31-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I can understand the comments about Derby but the team performed well enough with same manager in Derbies last season and whoever is our manager in next Derby if we don`t play well will have to take some responsibility .

Hibs could have and should have been 3 - 4 down at Tynecastle before we equalised with an offside goal. Trust me we were not playing well.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2019, 09:52 PM
I have just logged on tonight and haven't read a single post but I have to say that interview was an absolute disgrace.

Sorry but Paul Heckingbottom is making it up as he goes along.

WestStandWillie
31-08-2019, 09:53 PM
If ye put those quotes up without saying who said it, you'd be forgiven for thinking it wis Cathro.

Just get him to **** out my club. Useless fud.

07BigD
31-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Correct it's ****** pathetic, these boys should be playing at 100mph every game, it's like watching a dodgy u13's team hoping that something will happen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2019, 11:26 PM
He is right about 1 v 1: He actually meant one team v another.......and in that 1 v 1 battle we lost comprehensively.

#2 Double Tap
31-08-2019, 11:30 PM
'It will improve' he told the EEN after the game.

for the guys citing cathroesk, that comment is more levienesk for me

RMQ1967
31-08-2019, 11:34 PM
I have just logged on tonight and haven't read a single post but I have to say that interview was an absolute disgrace.

Sorry but Paul Heckingbottom is making it up as he goes along.

It doesn't really matter what he says - he's going to get criticised for it regardless.
Same for every manager after every defeat - just people queuing up to slaughter their comments.

Archie70
01-09-2019, 12:22 AM
He should have been asked:
in a 1 v 1 do you think you beat Robinson
If the players aren’t physical enough why out of your eight signings didn’t you sign one
Why did only 2 of your signings start today and are you disappointed 1 gave away a penalty’s and you took the other 1 off.
What has Newell brought to the club
Why do you have one of the clubs most expensive signings on the bench
Do you think letting Milligan go has tightened up the defence
Do you think you look a more physical side without Bartley
Why did you use all your subs within an hour last week leaving players on that were struggling but only use 1 sub today
Have the team reached the levels of fitness they had never seen before yet
Why has the strongest part of last seasons team, the defence, now became the weakest
You got your signings in early so why have results been so poor

That interview showed he’s out his depth, I genuinely wish he could turn it round, he’s our manager and I only ever want them to have success but he is struggling.this transfer window will be his ruin. I don’t think he can come back from it, I can’t see where the next point is coming from. Next 2 games on artificial pitch then a derby. I don’t think he’ll survive beyond that.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:25 AM
If shaw was on from start might have been different

He never made a difference. At one point in Kamberi was played in on the Motherwell left and Shaw, his striking partner was standing between the 18yd box and the halfway line. He's supposed to be busting a gut to get up and support, Kamberi had 3 defenders around him!

Squirrel 1875
01-09-2019, 12:28 AM
I love the crap about the high press. Ever other team is doing it to us and absolutely loving the results. Impostor.

scooby
01-09-2019, 12:28 AM
He's full of wind and p*** and looks a broken man in the interview.
Sack him now and try to salvage our season.

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 12:53 AM
Problem is even if we were 2 vs 1 we would still lose that battle.

Wheat Hound
01-09-2019, 12:58 AM
What a joke of an interview. Bumbling away and repeating generic, meaningless soundbites. He is out of his depth. He offered no real insight as to where we failed, probably because he caused said failures through ***** signings and uninspiring leadership.

Halmyre Hibee
01-09-2019, 01:06 AM
All talk no action. Eric Cantona making more sense.

hibsdownunder
01-09-2019, 03:40 AM
Can’t argue with what he said and he looked suitably worried. It’s now clearly the pointee end for him. We were pretty in parts but also soft as a team and in the 1v1. We’ve got a serious issue at right back. The weakness is glaring and Whittaker should never be left 1v1. Unsure if its a player tactical or coaching issue but the lack of cover was a major factor in the loss of two goals and numerous chances. Mallan, Slivka and/or Horgan need replaced by less ‘pretty’ players. Hanlon weak, Middleton ineffective and Kamberi has got to take 1 or 2 of those chances.

Some poor individual efforts but PH selects the ‘pretty’ team and unless he listens to his own advice it will cost him his job. Cometh the hour cometh the man..........

Paisley Hibby
01-09-2019, 04:13 AM
Can’t argue with what he said and he looked suitably worried. It’s now clearly the pointee end for him. We were pretty in parts but also soft as a team and in the 1v1. We’ve got a serious issue at right back. The weakness is glaring and Whittaker should never be left 1v1. Unsure if its a player tactical or coaching issue but the lack of cover was a major factor in the loss of two goals and numerous chances. Mallan, Slivka and/or Horgan need replaced by less ‘pretty’ players. Hanlon weak, Middleton ineffective and Kamberi has got to take 1 or 2 of those chances.

Some poor individual efforts but PH selects the ‘pretty’ team and unless he listens to his own advice it will cost him his job. Cometh the hour cometh the man..........

Well said. But even if he gets that he hasn't signed the right players to change it. He's fekkked - and therefore so are we.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Post match interview that lasted three minutes with the ramblings of a Walter Mitty summed it up for me

Even better was the Motherwell player getting interviewed on BBC Alba post match who started to say HIBS are rotten but corrected himself just in time to say HIBS are a good team.......NOT!

ahibby
01-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Correct

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Problem is even if we were 2 vs 1 we would still lose that battle.

At least we would lose the fear of being in a battle 👍

hibsbollah
01-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Agree :agree:
Bringing up the importance of winning individual battles is 100% correct and is at the root of some of our problems. Its absolutely relevant and there's nothing wrong with saying it.

It's what he's doing, not what he's saying that's the problem.

Not In The Know
01-09-2019, 02:07 PM
he's starting to sound like Cathro....