PDA

View Full Version : Should Paul Heckingbottom Be Hibernian Manager?

My_Wife_Camille
31-08-2019, 05:17 PM
I asked this question 20 days ago and the results were 57% - 43% in favour of Heckingbottom being Hibs Manager.

I agreed to ask the question again after 11 games to see how opinions change over time. However, given recent recent results I’ve decided to run an interim poll to see how opinions have changed in just 20 days.

So, where does Hibs.net stand on this one? Should Paul Heckingbottom be Hibs Manager?

emerald green
31-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Definitely not. Heck out now.

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2019, 05:21 PM
No it’s been torture this season so it’s bye Paul

Sir David Gray
31-08-2019, 05:21 PM
I'd love to hear from anyone who votes for him to stay. No abuse or anything like that from me but I am genuinely interested to understand the thoughts of anyone who think he should remain in charge.

flash
31-08-2019, 05:24 PM
I asked this question 20 days ago and the results were 57% - 43% in favour of Heckingbottom being Hibs Manager.

I agreed to ask the question again after 11 games to see how opinions change over time. However, given recent recent results I’ve decided to run an interim poll to see how opinions have changed in just 20 days.

So, where does Hibs.net stand on this one? Should Paul Heckingbottom be Hibs Manager?

My vote has changed. I was wrong to want to give him more time.

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Please leave, Paul, and let us attempt to turn this season around, before it’s too late.

Baader
31-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Resounding no I'm afraid. He isn't going to come good. Time to cut our losses.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM
He should be away tonight

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM
I guess the 2 that put yes are either masochists or jambos

Wilson
31-08-2019, 05:29 PM
I'd love to hear from anyone who votes for him to stay. No abuse or anything like that from me but I am genuinely interested to understand the thoughts of anyone who think he should remain in charge.

On a serious note though. The mantra last week was "give it time". One away game later isn't exactly hanging in there is it? If anyone thought we needed time last week then surely time is still required? Unless football fans are as fickle as they say then I'd expect those calling for more time might stick to their guns...

Doh Rae Me
31-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Time to say goodbye

flash
On a serious note though. The mantra last week was "give it time". One away game later isn't exactly hanging in there is it? If anyone thought we needed time last week then surely time is still required? Unless football fans are as fickle as they say then I'd expect those calling for more time might stick to their guns...
Not really. I would have given him more time until today but the team is going backwards rapidly. Almost all his signings can't get in a poor team.

Sir David Gray

I said he should go last week.

Wilson
31-08-2019, 05:33 PM
I said he should go last week.

Just last week? Bloody die hard!

Sir David Gray
31-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Just last week? Bloody die hard!

I wavered after the shambles against the huns but after the poor showing v Morton and then again last week I have thought he should go.

hibsbollah
31-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Nope, last week lots wanted him out. Including me. But lots of those were also sick of the #itoldyouso revelling in it that was going on.

elevengoats
31-08-2019, 05:36 PM
He has to go.

I am ok to see poor results if I know the team is going in the right direction and at least playing attractive football. It's a total disaster at the moment and totally deserved chants in the stadium today.

rcarter1
31-08-2019, 05:40 PM

I voted yes, but it was a half hearted yes. I am not impressed with the recruitment, tactics, results, and worry that he and Allan might not be a combination that works. However, simply on the basis that we are still in August, and a magic wand replacement for him seems unlikely, I'd like to see if he can turn it around with the resources at his disposal. We are in for an absolute stinker next set of fixtures, Killie twice, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts at home. After that is a run of fixtures we will be looking at a bunch of wins. If he can rally the players for these and come through with a good few decent results and performances then Id be inclined to give him more time.

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2019, 05:41 PM
I voted for him to go.

DTS
31-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Time to go.

shamo9
Time's up. Get out.

Squirrel 1875
Nope, last week lots wanted him out. Including me. But lots of those were also sick of the #itoldyouso revelling in it that was going on.

Never seen a # used on hibs.net before, other than when other posters were telling us they were the topboiz, so this is manifestly untrue. Sure this is another dig at me anyway for expressing my opinion consistently from the start. If you don't like other opinions, maybe the internet isn't for you.

H18 SFR
She won't sack him.

hibs#1
31-08-2019, 05:44 PM
No far too many fans have turned on him already for him to survive, Leeann has too empty him tonight or tomorrow at latest.

Ronster117
31-08-2019, 05:47 PM
I don't like the idea of this managerial merry go round... but I'd hate being relegated even more.... out... now

bigwheel
31-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Ok...here goes nothing...

He has been a bit unlucky in a number of positions..

The loss of James and Gray

Daz out

Lewis missing pre-season

Boyle’s injury

The unexpected loss of the boy now at Aberdeen ..

Most of those are important players in this squad...

The fact that most of his new signings have been slow / poor to settle in to our game, has put him deep under pressure. ..

If one or two of them had got off to a good start, he could be a few points better off and a bit is space to work with. The fact that none have shone gives him a mountain to climb

Yes I know he signed them - but most have shown they are decent players in their career ..he could have rightly expected a few to start well....

It’s hard, if not impossible, to see him work his way forward from here..just thought I would put some factors into the mix ....

31-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Not really. I would have given him more time until today but the team is going backwards rapidly. Almost all his signings can't get in a poor team.

His signings aren't good enough. Compare his signings to Stubbs signings.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 05:50 PM
He’s done. It’s only going to get worse too.

Jim44
31-08-2019, 05:52 PM
I assume the 10 yeses are Jambos.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2019, 05:53 PM
No.

I said last week that my head said more time but my gut said go. Now both head and gut say it's time to go.

If there was any sign of progress or improvement then I'd be willing to ride out a few dodgy results. However it's been consistently poor performances and now the results are reflecting that.

Thanks for trying Paul but time to go.

Unseen work
31-08-2019, 05:54 PM
I really don’t want yet another change in manager.

However he has lost the majority of the support with his performances and results, the standard of player he has brought in doesn’t seem to be great. Imo there shouldn’t be a debate if a player is good or not, the overriding feeling is one comes in and everyone goes “aye, he’s got a bit about him and will be an improvement”- can’t that be said with the signings so far? Not really.

What I will say though is were having rotten luck at the moment, before anyone says it I know it’s more than bad luck. But yet again Marciano has a howler at 0-0, he should be saving that every time as it looks like it went under him. That’s aboit 4/5 he’s cost us this season and we’ve scored 2 own goals.

Also at 0-0 we need Flo to be burying that chance when he tried to hit it near post.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 05:55 PM
I really don’t want yet another change in manager.

However he has lost the majority of the support with his performances and results, the standard of player he has brought in doesn’t seem to be great. Imo there shouldn’t be a debate if a player is good or not, the overriding feeling is one comes in and everyone goes “aye, he’s got a bit about him and will be an improvement”- can’t that be said with the signings so far? Not really.

What I will say though is were having rotten luck at the moment, before anyone says it I know it’s more than bad luck. But yet again Marciano has a howler at 0-0, he should be saving that every time as it looks like it went under him. That’s aboit 4/5 he’s cost us this season and we’ve scored 2 own goals.

Also at 0-0 we need Flo to be burying that chance when he tried to hit it near post.

Marciano saved us twice well before the goal. Utter shambles at the back.

Lewiehas2
31-08-2019, 05:59 PM

I voted yes. I'm a very positive Hibs fan, so understand that things might not be as positive as I view them (through Hibs loving green tinted specs), but also feel things aren't as bad as some negative people make them out to be. I've been a supporter of Hecky and believed he should be given time to implement his style and work with the players he brought in. We have no right to turn up and beat St Johnstone/Motherwell, having traditionally struggled against St Johnstone and Fir Park is a difficult place to go, but results aside, I'm not happy with the way we're playing at the moment. I'm really not convinced it will turn around, but think 4 games isn't enough. He proved during the push for top 6 last year that he can improve a team low on confidence with a settled back 4 and some good attacking players, I'm hoping we get back to that.

For me, I'm giving him the Kilmarnock away game and the derby to put us back on track. Today was not a good result, I'm gutted, but if we'd scored when we should've (2nd half, 1-0 down) then it could've been a totally different outcome. We need a good performance at Killie and a result, then we have to beat Hearts.

4 points from next two, get through in the League Cup to the semis and a positive performance at home to Celtic then things will have been turned around. Do I think that's possible? Yes. Am I confident? Not necessarily, but I'd give Hecky those games (the two league ones) at least before we sack a manager this early in the season.

Onion
31-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Big believer in giving manager time and I have faith in LD's judgement but it's now gone past the point of return for PH. Poor signings, terrible performanaces like today against a very average side, crazy public comments and an uninspiring leader will see us at the bottom end of the league battling for survival if he's allowed to carry on. This looks like another Calderwood type appointment. When the dust settles we'll acknowledge why Leeds got rid of him so quickly.

Desperate and expensive, but he simply has to go and go now.

rcarter1
31-08-2019, 06:04 PM
I voted yes. I'm a very positive Hibs fan, so understand that things might not be as positive as I view them (through Hibs loving green tinted specs), but also feel things aren't as bad as some negative people make them out to be. I've been a supporter of Hecky and believed he should be given time to implement his style and work with the players he brought in. We have no right to turn up and beat St Johnstone/Motherwell, having traditionally struggled against St Johnstone and Fir Park is a difficult place to go, but results aside, I'm not happy with the way we're playing at the moment. I'm really not convinced it will turn around, but think 4 games isn't enough. He proved during the push for top 6 last year that he can improve a team low on confidence with a settled back 4 and some good attacking players, I'm hoping we get back to that.

For me, I'm giving him the Kilmarnock away game and the derby to put us back on track. Today was not a good result, I'm gutted, but if we'd scored when we should've (2nd half, 1-0 down) then it could've been a totally different outcome. We need a good performance at Killie and a result, then we have to beat Hearts.

4 points from next two, get through in the League Cup to the semis and a positive performance at home to Celtic then things will have been turned around. Do I think that's possible? Yes. Am I confident? Not necessarily, but I'd give Hecky those games (the two league ones) at least before we sack a manager this early in the season.

Id say that for him to have a chance of turning it around (Im a fellow Yes voter) he needs the results you mention, and also a run of wins against the bottom 6 teams we play after that. We need both- consistency against the weaker sides and competitiveness against the better ones.

Groathillgrump
Before today's game I was willing to give him more time but after watching that crap today it's obvious he doesn't have a clue. Time to go Hecky.

Tully
He has had since the split get him out we are going backwards at a rate of knots under this imposter

hibsbollah
31-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Never seen a # used on hibs.net before, other than when other posters were telling us they were the topboiz, so this is manifestly untrue. Sure this is another dig at me anyway for expressing my opinion consistently from the start. If you don't like other opinions, maybe the internet isn't for you.

Since I can't remember you or anything youve posted, any accusations that I've got a vendetta against you are wide of the mark, sorry.

Jim44
31-08-2019, 06:23 PM
He has had since the split get him out we are going backwards at a rate of knots under this imposter

No need to call him names. He’s not an imposter as he probably believes he is capable of success at ER. It’s just that he overestimates his capabilities. A polite ‘thanks but no thanks’ is all the board have to say.

PH91
31-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Marciano saved us twice well before the goal. Utter shambles at the back.

Saved us makes it sound like world class saves. He made 2 saves that any goalkeeper in the league would make. He is costing us goals every game, he takes a share of the blame along with the rest of the players.

I dont really want to change managers again but i have lost patience with his midfield selections. After watching the last 20 mins last week how he thought playing slivka and mallan today was going to work is baffling to say the least. We all know the 3 motherwell midfielders are combative and athletic so our 3 of mallan, allan and slivka were never going to win that battle. Presumably he thought we could dominate the ball but iv seen nothing from mallan or slivka to suggest thay could do that.

Fwiw, i think we have a good squad that is more than capable of competing for 4th under a manager who will not play 3 "no 10s" in midfield and who can get the players motivated.

Greencore
Nah.

supermcginn
It's actually incredible folk dont want him gone. The guy is dreadful.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Saved us makes it sound like world class saves. He made 2 saves that any goalkeeper in the league would make. He is costing us goals every game, he takes a share of the blame along with the rest of the players.

I dont really want to change managers again but i have lost patience with his midfield selections. After watching the last 20 mins last week how he thought playing slivka and mallan today was going to work is baffling to say the least. We all know the 3 motherwell midfielders are combative and athletic so our 3 of mallan, allan and slivka were never going to win that battle. Presumably he thought we could dominate the ball but iv seen nothing from mallan or slivka to suggest thay could do that.

Fwiw, i think we have a good squad that is more than capable of competing for 4th under a manager who will not play 3 "no 10s" in midfield and who can get the players motivated.

No, his save in the first minute was outstanding.

I disagree we have a good squad also. We have some very good individuals but weak as anything at the back, no steal or bite in midfield and wasted a lot on money on big Doidge when we could have got Brian Graham back for nothing.

The Captain....
31-08-2019, 06:28 PM
One of the most alarming things for me is how early Heckingbottom has turned the support against him. Even the most moderate of posters and in fact fans I attend home and away with could see there was so much wrong with the squad and especially the starting 11 after a few games. I cant remember the last time a manager has made such a mess of a transfer window..its been an absolute disaster that will take a couple of seasons to recover from imo.

14 goals conceded in 4 games is unbelievable..like a nightmare.

The P45 derby is going to be some game..I predict 8-7 for Hearts after Hecky starts scott allan in goal.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
31-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Stubbs was a fool to leave when he did and although he had a shocker at St Mirren, I'd have him back in a shot
This chap is an imposter masquerading as a manager

green with envy
31-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Go and sooner the better.

BegbieHSC
31-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Pretty conclusive.

Gie him the boot, and get Michael/Martin O’Neill, or Stubbsy or Strachan tomorrow!

PH91
31-08-2019, 06:47 PM
No, his save in the first minute was outstanding.

I disagree we have a good squad also. We have some very good individuals but weak as anything at the back, no steal or bite in midfield and wasted a lot on money on big Doidge when we could have got Brian Graham back for nothing.

I had forgot about that one, so fair enough if it was, havent seen the game back. He still takes his share of the blame for the very soft goals he has let in recently.

The defence would be ok with a bit of protection which they are not getting at the moment. Porteous will also improve that back line, he is a leader.

The midfield is the big issue, sort that and the team will do fine. Vela and another in front of the back 4 will make a difference. Hallberg is a dm, whether its him or someone from the youth team i dont know but it cant be mallan or slivka.

I fully believe another manager can get this team playing well.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:48 PM
I had forgot about that one, so fair enough if it was, havent seen the game back. He still takes his share of the blame for the very soft goals he has let in recently.

The defence would be ok with a bit of protection which they are not getting at the moment. Porteous will also improve that back line, he is a leader.

The midfield is the big issue, sort that and the team will do fine. Vela and another in front of the back 4 will make a difference. Hallberg is a dm, whether its him or someone from the youth team i dont know but it cant be mallan or slivka.

I fully believe another manager can get this team playing well.

Let’s hope it happens mate and you are right 👍

The_Horde
31-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Never seen a Hibs manager come back from the dreaded Hibs.net poll.

Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

hfc-1875
31-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Get him TF. The worst thing is he’s signed all these donkeys on 2/3 year contracts so we’re stuck with them on our wage bill or will need a decent pay off

Heisenberg
31-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Get him TF. The worst thing is he’s signed all these donkeys on 2/3 year contracts so we’re stuck with them on our wage bill or will need a decent pay off

Clubs down south will take them back. See James Collins.

e2los
31-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Big believer in giving manager time and I have faith in LD's judgement but it's now gone past the point of return for PH. Poor signings, terrible performanaces like today against a very average side, crazy public comments and an uninspiring leader will see us at the bottom end of the league battling for survival if he's allowed to carry on. This looks like another Calderwood type appointment. When the dust settles we'll acknowledge why Leeds got rid of him so quickly.

Desperate and expensive, but he simply has to go and go now.

That's where I am.
Perhaps the second negative post I've made re Paul.
He doesn't get the fact that winning these games are crucially important.
I honestly don't think he should be given another chance.
He has to go now before it's too late.

jax67
31-08-2019, 07:18 PM
No.

dphibs
31-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Like every Hibs fan you want a new manager to bring success to our club but unfortunately this guy doesn’t have a clue. Time to go!

norhfc
31-08-2019, 07:21 PM
When you can’t see where our next win will come this early in the season it’s time for a change, it’s just hasn’t worked out. We cannot even risk a season long relegation battle ffs.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 07:30 PM
We literally look like 11 guys who have just met for the first time trying to play as a team. We are all over the place , we cant defend , we cant dominate a midfield , have no tempo in possession.. We are in a really bad place and the longer Heckingbottom is given the worse it is going to get. Dempster cant afford not to sack him now , we are gonna lose fans by the bucketload and could easily end up in a relagation scrap. Does anybody back that lot in a relegation dogfight?

Box 17
31-08-2019, 07:41 PM
His signings aren't good enough. Compare his signings to Stubbs signings.

This is the biggest concern for me.

Even Hecky has no confodence in his own signings and isn't playing the majority of them.

Why should we then have confidence in him?

madhatter
31-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Just watched his post match interview on HibsTV, he’s clueless. Talks about seeing what’s wrong but also talks a lot of rubbish about 1 on 1s even though Motherwell got past our midfield with alarming ease, out wide and through the centre if they wanted. Wasn’t all 1 on 1s, and if it was, where the hell is your midfield? No teamwork, no cohesion and no shape. Ok, Paul how’d you fix that? Maybe sign a couple of defensive midfielders or at least hard working players?

Wish we had less players going through the motions as well.

Turkish Green
31-08-2019, 07:44 PM
I admit that I had never heard of him before his name was announcec, but I put down to ignorance on my part.

I cannot believe that he was the cream of the applicants for the job unless selection was done on price. He has not impressed me much.

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2019, 07:45 PM
When you can’t see where our next win will come this early in the season it’s time for a change, it’s just hasn’t worked out. We cannot even risk a season long relegation battle ffs.

I’m that concerned where the next win come from I actually wish the season was over already to ovoid relegation is my only hope . ST for over 20 + years and I am truly worried

supermcginn
31-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Please go. Miles out his depth

Hibs4185
31-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Appleton turned down the job because of the severance package, hopefully Heckingbottom accepted that same package so it won’t cost a lot to punt him

rebhar07
31-08-2019, 07:53 PM
I remember when Mowbray talk about our upward spiral, at the moment we are well on our way on the downward spiral, get him out now

theonlywayisup
31-08-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm going to wait until the morning before I decide. My main thought is that he's not up for the job, he's made so many poor decisions and he has to go. The international break will be a good time to bin him.

I can't believe he let Marvin Bartley go and then not get someone else like him in. Marvin is now playing in a team that's in 3rd place in the league. We could have done with him today.

Today, he only used one sub. WTF was the reason for that.

In the starting 11, there was only one of his new recruits (I'm ignoring Middleton, who was a panic loan because of Boyle's injury). He had Hallberg, Newell, Vela and Doidge on the bench and he didn't go to any of them to try and turn the game Hibs way.

He has to go, but............actually I can't think of any logical defence.

Ellahappyhibee
31-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Its been downhill since we made top six last season. Where is the improvement? Why does he not play his signings? He can go now. We are not making top six or putting up a good perofrmance against any SPL team while he is the manager. Why the delay?

madhatter
31-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Its been downhill since we made top six last season. Where is the improvement? Why does he not play his signings? He can go now. We are not making top six or putting up a good perofrmance against any SPL team while he is the manager. Why the delay?

It’s been downhill since last summer. We didn’t recruit well enough then and we still haven’t. Did Hecky genuinely have us playing superb football in the run up to the season end? Even when he first joined, we ground out results, we didn’t play teams off the park.

Things at Hibs haven’t been great for a while.

For a team that has recently recovered from relegation, we have some cheek taking our focus off the footballing department to look at other business opportunities.

Leeann will be under extreme pressure if this year goes badly. It’ll look like gross mismanagement if a football club focuses on new tech and corporate opportunities while its football side is failing. Imagine relegation this year. Leeann would definitely be gone. We should be doing better with the money we have. That should be investigated first. Not looking into how we can get more money.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2019, 08:29 PM
I didn't vote on the last poll and I haven't voted on this one.

My take on it was that the manager had a period of grace of 3 games beginning with the Motherwell game and that I would make up my mind after that.

This is 'strike one' …. Motherwell 3 Hibs 0. He now has 2 games to go, away to Killie and home to Hearts … its not looking good, lose or even draw away to Killie and lose to Hearts and he's toast, nothing will save him apart from a stubborn owner and if that happens its a one way ticket to the bad old days of fans v club.

CorrieHibs
31-08-2019, 08:30 PM
We literally look like 11 guys who have just met for the first time trying to play as a team. We are all over the place , we cant defend , we cant dominate a midfield , have no tempo in possession.. We are in a really bad place and the longer Heckingbottom is given the worse it is going to get. Dempster cant afford not to sack him now , we are gonna lose fans by the bucketload and could easily end up in a relagation scrap. Does anybody back that lot in a relegation dogfight?

I wouldn’t back them in a relegation fight, because most of them came to us after their teams were relegated!

JXM73
31-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Is this the told you so thread?

No that i take any pleasure from it, hurts like hell seeing my team playing like this.

If he goes we have the same players, dont think i can ride it out with hecky at the wheel but something has to change, and change now!

supermcginn
31-08-2019, 08:36 PM
No. Even fenlon and calderwood were better than this clown.

Is It On....
31-08-2019, 08:37 PM
I didn't vote on the last poll and I haven't voted on this one.

My take on it was that the manager had a period of grace of 3 games beginning with the Motherwell game and that I would make up my mind after that.

This is 'strike one' …. Motherwell 3 Hibs 0. He now has 2 games to go, away to Killie and home to Hearts … its not looking good, lose or even draw away to Killie and lose to Hearts and he's toast, nothing will save him apart from a stubborn owner and if that happens its a one way ticket to the bad old days of fans v club.

I agree with you. It's always better to make a small mistake than a large one - so if it's not working then he has to be cut. LD did it with Butcher and I hope she has the courage to cut Heckingbottom's time short if the evidence is that it isn't working.

Eyrie
31-08-2019, 08:55 PM
I probably said yes to the previous poll.

After the last couple of games, I said no this time.

CLASS OF 72 -73
31-08-2019, 09:58 PM
The realists have been pounded as negative on here. We have seen it all before. If newbies have a bit about them you have to give time these have nout!

The Leith Dutch
31-08-2019, 10:12 PM
It’s been downhill since last summer. We didn’t recruit well enough then and we still haven’t. Did Hecky genuinely have us playing superb football in the run up to the season end? Even when he first joined, we ground out results, we didn’t play teams off the park.

Things at Hibs haven’t been great for a while.

For a team that has recently recovered from relegation, we have some cheek taking our focus off the footballing department to look at other business opportunities.

Leeann will be under extreme pressure if this year goes badly. It’ll look like gross mismanagement if a football club focuses on new tech and corporate opportunities while its football side is failing. Imagine relegation this year. Leeann would definitely be gone. We should be doing better with the money we have. That should be investigated first. Not looking into how we can get more money.

To be fair I think they've invested in the playing side and backed the manager. Whether that money has been used well is a whole other question.

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2019, 11:15 PM
I admit that I had never heard of him before his name was announcec, but I put down to ignorance on my part.

I cannot believe that he was the cream of the applicants for the job unless selection was done on price. He has not impressed me much.

Hecking bottom was a fallback after we failed to secure Appleton.

Leeann has unfortunately screwed up on this occasion.

#2 Double Tap
31-08-2019, 11:33 PM
Hibs play in blue and yellow.

Thought I’d make stuff up too.

its clearly turquoise and mustard,
you areny very good at making sh it up

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:28 AM
Hell of a lot of backtracking going on it would seem going by the poll results.

BoltonHibee
01-09-2019, 01:31 AM
I can’t vote on phone, but FFS get the **** out our club you FRAUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
01-09-2019, 01:38 AM
I can’t vote on phone, but FFS get the **** out our club you FRAUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can if you change your settings to desktop view.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 01:39 AM
I feel slightly ashamed for calling for the guy's head this early into his tenure, but I can't see things improving just now. I had to vote no, he shouldn't.

thebausburst
01-09-2019, 07:25 AM
The Board won’t sack him until at least Xmas guaranteed, so we can moan and shout but I guarantee you nothing will happen at this point or any time soon.

Nicho87
01-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Signs have been there all season for me which include friendlies. Sign rubbish, get rubbish results.

NC1875
01-09-2019, 07:31 AM
He is clueless. Doesn’t even apologise to the travelling fans for the terrible performance.

To me he is coming across as an arrogant twat who won’t resign so there is only one thing for it.

Upto you Leanne

jacomo
01-09-2019, 07:39 AM

I was at ER last week and thought the team performance was atrocious. But I was in the ‘give him time’ camp because I wanted to see a reaction.

The biggest argument in favour of Hecky was that he was trying to implement a new system with new players and there were bound to be teething troubles.

If I saw evidence of the ‘high press’ and high energy levels I’d still say give him time. But the performance against Well didn’t look any better.

What I am seeing is individual moments of attacking quality but no team shape or cohesion. I don’t think the squad is too bad. But I don’t think the manager is turning this around.

jacomo
01-09-2019, 07:42 AM

When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do sir?

flash
01-09-2019, 07:43 AM

People are coming round to your point of view. Why would you be angry about that?

green day
01-09-2019, 07:47 AM

I was definitely in the camp of "give him a bit of time" - in fact I said we need good wins in Morton and St J matches - we didnt get them so that made my mind up.

The last thing we want now is people sticking to their guns on this guy :greengrin

Who was right and wrong on Hibs.net and when is irrelevant now - Its more important that he is booted.

The Harp Awakes
01-09-2019, 07:49 AM
If there was a chink of light in the performances to date, then there may be some hope he can turn things around. Sadly there is so much wrong with the attitude, quality and team set up there is no chance of that happening. Starting with 1of 9 new signings says it all.

The only positive for him I can muster is that the shocking recruitment is not just his fault.

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2019, 07:51 AM
I was at ER last week and thought the team performance was atrocious. But I was in the ‘give him time’ camp because I wanted to see a reaction.

The biggest argument in favour of Hecky was that he was trying to implement a new system with new players and there were bound to be teething troubles.

If I saw evidence of the ‘high press’ and high energy levels I’d still say give him time. But the performance against Well didn’t look any better.

What I am seeing is individual moments of attacking quality but no team shape or cohesion. I don’t think the squad is too bad. But I don’t think the manager is turning this around.

This is the thing for me - I see no evidence to suggest he can turn it round.

There was a comment last week about the substitutions pointing out that, in fairness, he'd seen the midfield being over run and tried to change it.
That I could accept. I was still concerned that he'd started with a set up of 5 attacking players so the midfield was always likely to be over run.

Fast forward to this week - same mistake. Same set up that didn't work and the same outcome with a worse result.

He clearly thinks he's right and is going to persist with the same approach regardless of terrible results and honking performances.
There is quite simply no defence to that and we should be removing him asap.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Obviously a poll on here is far from scientific and it covers only a small part of the fanbase, however it's interesting to see the huge shift in opinion in such a short space of time.

3 weeks ago a similar poll was approx. 57-43% in Heckingbottoms favour, last week it was approx. 61-39% against him and this week it's approx. 88-12% against. That's a pretty spectacular collapse in support for the manager in the space of 3 games. I'm not sure it tells us anything we didn't already know from anecdotal evidence but it's quite stark seeing it in clear numbers.

blaikie
01-09-2019, 07:56 AM
I'm seeing this going similar to when we binned Yogi at the new start of the 10/11 season.

Can't see him turning this around.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Obviously a poll on here is far from scientific and it covers only a small part of the fanbase, however it's interesting to see the huge shift in opinion in such a short space of time.

3 weeks ago a similar poll was approx. 57-43% in Heckingbottoms favour, last week it was approx. 61-39% against him and this week it's approx. 88-12% against. That's a pretty spectacular collapse in support for the manager in the space of 3 games. I'm not sure it tells us anything we didn't already know from anecdotal evidence but it's quite stark seeing it in clear numbers.

It has always been 90-10% he goes on the Bounce

Maybes they knew something we didn’t ? :greengrin

Cabbie1875
01-09-2019, 08:00 AM
He will not turn this round, time to go

Oscar T Grouch
01-09-2019, 08:03 AM
I get the feeling when he does interviews the underlying tone is that we as a club should be grateful he is here, that maybe wrong but it’s the feeling I get from him. I think PH is another case of someone in English football coming up to Scotland with a pre-existing idea of what our leagues and game is like. Many have done that and all to a man have failed up here, be them players or managers. I think PH has underestimated our game and has bought players accordingly.
I think getting rid of a manager at this stage of the season is mental, he’s just spent our budget on his players and according to him the pot is empty so bringing a new man in will limit his options. But keeping this manager will lead to us fighting relegation with a team that has no fight in them. I voted for him to go last time and that wee trip through to Motherwell yesterday just strengthened my opinion that he has to go, even though that’s a bit mental after so few games. I’ve watched Hibs teams before that got relegated and this one has a number of attributes that match those teams. Tam Cowan said yesterday that that was one of the worst Hibs teams he’d ever seen at Fir Park so it’s no just us fickle Hibs fans who see how bad we are either. Time for the board to act quickly.

mcfly
01-09-2019, 08:15 AM
The Board won’t sack him until at least Xmas guaranteed, so we can moan and shout but I guarantee you nothing will happen at this point or any time soon.

In the past the board always act when the fans turn on the manager - I fear we are at that stage with this manager - he has never attempted to relate with the fans. Does he even care?

To him it’s just a job, he knew nothing about Hibs before he came. What the fans expectations are, what kind of football we like to watch.

He’s an arrogant man and must leave for us to improve

sadtom
01-09-2019, 08:40 AM
#Hexit

RossScott1991
01-09-2019, 08:49 AM
In his head he is Jurgen Klopp, his teams press high up the park, play with pace and aggression.

Then he wakes up and realises he’s Jurgen Flopp. Get rid of him now.

Next manager I’d bring in on a monthly rolling contract or a 6 month contract (i.e potentially Stubbs if he has Doolan)

If not try push boat out and get Michael O’Neill

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 08:52 AM
People are coming round to your point of view. Why would you be angry about that?

Possibly because he got a hell of a lot of abuse as did speedway for having the opinion a month or so earlier. Fair play to them both as they stayed dignified.

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Ok...here goes nothing...

He has been a bit unlucky in a number of positions..

The loss of James and Gray

Daz out

Lewis missing pre-season

Boyle’s injury

The unexpected loss of the boy now at Aberdeen ..

Most of those are important players in this squad...

The fact that most of his new signings have been slow / poor to settle in to our game, has put him deep under pressure. ..

If one or two of them had got off to a good start, he could be a few points better off and a bit is space to work with. The fact that none have shone gives him a mountain to climb

Yes I know he signed them - but most have shown they are decent players in their career ..he could have rightly expected a few to start well....

It’s hard, if not impossible, to see him work his way forward from here..just thought I would put some factors into the mix ....

I agree with everything you said, I thought the same, but he picks the team and they are a bloody shambles, he needs to go, we need managerial experience and fighting spirit, folk will shoot me doon here, but, Gordon Strachan right now.

flash
01-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Possibly because he got a hell of a lot of abuse as did speedway for having the opinion a month or so earlier. Fair play to them both as they stayed dignified.

It's not having an opinion it's how its expressed. I should know. I am one of the worst culprits at times.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 09:34 AM
That's quite a difference from the previous poll (two weeks ago?).

The last one was about 50/50 but this is quite decisively - no.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 09:41 AM
My feeling is that if the guy had any respect for the club, he would leave now of his own accord.

I can't see him doing it and I can't imagine LD will admit they made a mistake, at least not so early in his tenure.

hibbie02
01-09-2019, 10:15 AM
I was surprised at his appointment, thought it was very risky. Gave him the benefit of the doubt, believing in LD and hoping for the best.
I was pleased and surprised he turned things around and got us into the top 6, although I am not sure now it had much to do with him. Again benefit of the doubt.
I was not at all surprised we got nothing out of the last 5 games, as we were lucky to be in the top 6 in the first place.
I was not surprised we lost our supposed top 2 targets for the summer in McNulty and Omeonga. I never thought we would get McNulty on a permy though I was hoping a load could be arranged.
I thought the summer signings were shocking and said so when we signed Newell and Doidge. Got slated for having an opinion.
If we had the money to spend/cover wages of the dross we did sign, we should have spent it on Omeonga.
I listened to Hecky spout crap about the sort of players he wanted and how he wanted to play. Gotta give the guy a chance to prove me wrong?
Nothing I have seen tells me he has bought players to play the way he said.
Was underwhelmed with the performances in the LC and could not see any sign of improvement. Got slated for having an opinion, told there was a plan in place.
Was told to wait for the League games to see the master plan in all it's glory.
Said we didn't have the players or system to compete. Got slated for having an opinion.
We squeaked a win against the Buddies with a late goal and not sign of the promised style of football. Accused of bed wetting.
Horsed by Sevco. Sign of things to come. No one happy by now.
Dropped 2 points to the Saints at home, back to the days of trying to hang on for a win, but knowing we won't manage it.
Now capitulated to Well. At last the clapppers are seeing the light.
The moral of this story is that you can have a negative opinion on Hibs and you might be justified. It is not that I want negative things to happen, but it appears you can't call it as you see it on here. The guy has no clue and needs emptied.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 10:15 AM
It's not having an opinion it's how its expressed. I should know. I am one of the worst culprits at times.

Yeah me too. Fair point mate.

flash
01-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Yeah me too. Fair point mate.

Sick of fighting with folk on here. Learning to write posts then delete them before posting!

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2019, 11:57 AM
In his head he is Jurgen Klopp, his teams press high up the park, play with pace and aggression.

Then he wakes up and realises he’s Jurgen Flopp. Get rid of him now.

Next manager I’d bring in on a monthly rolling contract or a 6 month contract (i.e potentially Stubbs if he has Doolan)

If not try push boat out and get Michael O’Neill

how much do you think it would cost to buy out his remaining 5 years @ between 600k-700k/year contract

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2019, 11:58 AM
He won’t walk away.

He knew the day he took the job that we was on to an easy thing.

Whatever happened, he was never going to be here 3 years and he’ll walk away 6 figures better off than the day he arrived.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2019, 12:01 PM
PH will cling on for as long as possible. After a moderate success and a higher profile failure, a management job in Scotland is very much a rehab opp for him. Success here can mean a decent championship post and another possible springboard into the big time. Failure means he’ll be a Cathro style nerd with a laptop feeding real coaches some stats or plying his trade in the lower leagues. He seems the sort of guy whose belief in his own ability is totally at odds with the results and performances of his team or the inevitable dwindling of the crowds. Dempster will have to get past her own ego and admit she picked a turkey and pull the plug there.

Onion
01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
To think there was speculation of him moving to a decent job in England again after just 10 games with us.

InchHibby
01-09-2019, 12:13 PM
I’ve been supporting Hibs for more than 60 years and in that time you tend to pick up on certain things which you can forecast the outcome to a certain degree and the outcome of Heckingbottom’s reign doesn’t look good at all. It’s obvious that he’s way out his depth here not just by his signings but his whole approach to the game, his setting out of the players, his actual game plan, his lack of knowledge to change when necessary and most of all he can’t motivate the players, he can’t get them to really want to win. Yesterday at Fir Park, Motherwell players harried us, bullied us, closed us down, we simply had no reply and it didn’t even look like we wanted to reply. Yes there were moments we played the ball about nicely but that doesn’t win games, we are to put it bluntly an easy touch, three points more or less guaranteed whether home or away.
He needs to go now and if Leanne doesn’t realise this soon then it’ll come back and bite her on the axxx.

Curried
01-09-2019, 12:17 PM
That'll be a no from me.

Poor signings, weird tactics, and a general lack of player motivation suggest that Heckingbottom's not cut out for this job.

I can't see him turning it around from here.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Sick of fighting with folk on here. Learning to write posts then delete them before posting!

No a bad idea (me included) to be fair.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 12:28 PM
To think there was speculation of him moving to a decent job in England again after just 10 games with us.

I don’t think he’s ever settled here. He makes reference to the good old days down south numerous times.

LancsHibs
01-09-2019, 12:30 PM
#Hexit

I’m backing #Hexit. The harder and sooner the better😁

ColintonHibs
01-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Supported him til yesterday. Hecky GTF

WestCoastHibby
01-09-2019, 12:36 PM
I'm abroad just now but got a text from my 81 year old father last night which included swearing and poo emojis.
I'll bough to the old man's experience....

Cabbage-Patch
01-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Been A Hibs fan my whole life and have been going ER for 20 years and I cannot remember seeing worst displays than I have this season. Not the worst hibs team I have seen but certainly worst performances.

We a have a squad and budget that should be comfortable top 6 but the way Heckingbottom has them set up and playing we will be relegated unless an urgent change is made.

I liked him when he came in... Talks a good game and comes across well but unfortunately none of it translates onto the pitch. It's painfully obvious he has underestimated the level of the game up here and now he doesn't have a clue how to fix it.

We need a seasoned experienced manager who had a proven record in the SPL.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Been A Hibs fan my whole life and have been going ER for 20 years and I cannot remember seeing worst displays than I have this season. Not the worst hibs team I have seen but certainly worst performances.

We a have a squad and budget that should be comfortable top 6 but the way Heckingbottom has them set up and playing we will be relegated unless an urgent change is made.

I liked him when he came in... Talks a good game and comes across well but unfortunately none of it translates onto the pitch. It's painfully obvious he has underestimated the level of the game up here and now he doesn't have a clue how to fix it.

We need a seasoned experienced manager who had a proven record in the SPL.

There have been loads of worse performances than this season, we had quite a few recently in the championship

Just Alf
01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
In the past the board always act when the fans turn on the manager - I fear we are at that stage with this manager - he has never attempted to relate with the fans. Does he even care?

To him it’s just a job, he knew nothing about Hibs before he came. What the fans expectations are, what kind of football we like to watch.

He’s an arrogant man and must leave for us to improve

I had a chat with him when he was at the Hibs Club and you're off the mark a bit with some of that, he knew about us and did more research when there was a possibility of coming here, he defo knew about our expectations and preferred football style as he mentioned it a few times, both in the Q&A and chats after.

.... he's not putting what he said into practice, so like the majority, he's now time expired from my point of view.

Bright_Hibee
01-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Time is up. He needs to go.

Weegreenman
01-09-2019, 04:18 PM
That poll. I don’t think it’ll be long before Heckingbottom is :offski::offski:

CathroMustStay
02-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Absolutely not.

Nice man but out of his depth.

jacomo
02-09-2019, 08:51 AM
There have been loads of worse performances than this season, we had quite a few recently in the championship

It’s the consistent underperformance that is getting me.

This reminds me most of all of Mixu’s tenure, where week after week we had the same lack of shape or pattern to our play and zero connection between what the manager said and what the team did.

WeeRussell
02-09-2019, 11:33 AM
My vote has changed. I was wrong to want to give him more time.

Snap.

I also hold my hands up to being too quick in defending him and thinking others were going over the top, including the OP.

It's just not working and I don't see any evidence that it's ever going to start.

Joe6-2
02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
I guess the 2 that put yes are either masochists or jambos

Budge and Potter

Gypsy King
02-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Team selections baffling.
Substitutions poor.
The tactics inept.
Signings have been atrocious.
high press intensity my erse

Sack him.

Gaz
02-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Team selections baffling.
Substitutions poor.
The tactics inept.
Signings have been atrocious.
high press intensity my erse

Sack him.

this :aok:

we are hibs
02-09-2019, 11:54 AM
He done well when he came in, possibly this infamous new manager bounce but the alarm bells shouldve started ringing at the end of last season when we were absolutely dismal in the split. The most boring, uninteresting split since calderwood in 2010/11.

Can anyone envisage heckingbottom lifting a cup at hampden? Seriously though, a club of our size should be aiming to win trophies more regularly than we do and we have absolutely no chance of doing that without completely changing the way he sets us up to face celtic and rangers. If your winning a cup you are most likely having to beat either of them. We are currently lambs to the slaughter when we face either side due to the fact we are nowhere near strong enough defensively to set up like that. Historically we are at our best playing on the front foot, getting the ball down and attacking.

hhibs
02-09-2019, 05:02 PM
She won't sack him.

Then she may be the one sacked,first.