PDA

View Full Version : This can't go on. No exaggeration to say we're relegation candidates.

G B Young
31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Wasn't there today but that kind of scoreline doesn't lie. Those of us who've suffered through three relegations with Hibs will know the signs are there even this early in the season.

I liked Hecky when he came in but something's not working and there's no evidence that it's going to work.

Given we already appear to have spent our transfer budget and actually made the team worse we've created quite a fiasco in a short space of time, but there are still enough decent players at the club who, if managed better, can ensure we don't flirt with relegation. That, however, is the way we're headed if we persevere with this any longer.

Jim44
31-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Every team in the bottom six will see us as a soft touch and there to be beaten. Every team in the top six will see us as more or less a guaranteed three points. Celtic and the Huns will continue to humiliate us.

jacomo
31-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Why does everyone have to start another f****** thread??

Malthibby
31-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Hate agreeing this early into a season but something's obviously wrong, & it's not just the journeymen we appeared to have brought North.
If the problem is PH, can we afford to say cheerio or can we afford not to? At least we have the international break, which gives some time to
try & sort this out before the season bombs.
We'll be sitting in a month having humped Der Jumbos & looking forward to a semi-final. Honest.
GG (probably).

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Just checked the league table, and Livi are already disappearing over the horizon.

Peevemor
31-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Just checked the league table, and Livi are already disappearing over the horizon.4 points! We're only 5 point off 1st.

I think we need a change but you're overdoing it a bit there.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2019, 04:59 PM
I was there. He has to go and go now [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

thebausburst
31-08-2019, 05:01 PM
It’s the performances as much as the results folk saying we’re only so many points off 3rd, 4th or whatever are kidding themselves on, cmon wake up and smell the coffee!

Jim44
31-08-2019, 05:06 PM
I wonder what’s going through Ron Gordon’s mind just now? Damp squib, pig-in-a-poke, rudderless ship ....... IF he’s a decent businessman he must see he has to take some sort of action immediately.

Since452
31-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Midfield non existent and defence were all over the place. Don't think we'll be in a relegation fight but look every bit a bottom six team.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 05:27 PM
4 points! We're only 5 point off 1st.

Well, we are only two points in front of a seriously below par Hearts, and we are going to put some distance between us and them soon. Now that you come to mention it.

It's going to be a dog fight between us, the teams around us, and the teams below us to get out of the relegation zone. Now I know how Dundee felt last year.

emerald green
31-08-2019, 05:53 PM
I would guess that there are very few Hibs supporters who are in the least bit surprised that Hibs lost today. Shipping goals at an alarming rate, cannot defend, soft, no leadership, a shambles basically.

That's a recipe for relegation alright. There's time to patch things up, but that needs a change of manager, before it's too late.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2019, 06:03 PM
I wonder what’s going through Ron Gordon’s mind just now? Damp squib, pig-in-a-poke, rudderless ship ....... IF he’s a decent businessman he must see he has to take some sort of action immediately.

It would certainly be interesting to hear the man's thoughts at this time.

Sudds_1
31-08-2019, 06:05 PM
It would certainly be interesting to hear the man's thoughts at this time.

If we're really a community club...listen to our community and get rid of him now!

Franck Stanton
31-08-2019, 06:11 PM
To say we will be in a relegation fight is not too far off the mark. We play killie next week, if they beat us, ( very likely), we then have the derby, Celtic & aberdeen. Can't see us winning any of those games. Would probably put us in bottom two of the league after 8 games.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:12 PM

There’s a lot of emotional disgruntled and worried posters. Why not? It’s a valid point and shouldn’t be hidden.

lyonhibs
31-08-2019, 06:14 PM
After 4 games, it is very much an exaggeration.

Still think he needs to go pronto, we aren't getting close to 3rd with him in charge. To say that isn't an exaggeration.

Marvellous
31-08-2019, 06:15 PM

Is he going to be making decisions like those, though? Or will he leave all control to the chief executive, like Farmer did? Or has it not been clarified?

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:15 PM

We are utter pap and have been all season long including the cups.

Stirling haven’t won a point in the lowest division of Scottish football yet, draw. Morton got papped five zip last night, throw away a two goal lead and a last minute equaliser, St Johnstone outplayed us, papped again today off struggling Killie. Motherwell who hearts beat away pump us and then there was Ibrox. It’s bloody shocking.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Still think he needs to go pronto, we aren't getting close to 3rd with him in charge. To say that isn't an exaggeration.

What about the league cup games and the friendlies that based a lot of opinion and could see this coming?

lyonhibs
31-08-2019, 06:19 PM
What about the league cup games and the friendlies that based a lot of opinion and could see this coming?

Your clairvoyance is to be applauded. Any chance of the lottery numbers? It's not good enough but it is an exaggeration after 4 league games to say we're relegation candidates. It's pretty much too early to say that about any team in such confident terms. Like I say, we're Hibs and the drudgery of mid bottom 6 isn't good enough so I think he's got to go.

BS44
31-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Hibs were okay today, not great but not rotten either. 3 0 is thumping though

Which games have you attended that makes you think we are possibly going down?

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 06:24 PM
If we're really a community club...listen to our community and get rid of him now!

I suspect empty seats are much more likely to make them take notice.

Togs91
31-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Its not only the fact we are weak, we cant deal with a team that presses us. Every club in this league will figure that out its easy, pressure hibs from their back line. Cant pass our way out or handle the pressure. We are literally hoping allan will get the ball and make a couple wonder passes to getthrough a game it seems. We will struggle this season if nothing changes.

green with envy
31-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Said it at HT and will say it again, I just don't see where & how we are going win a game at this time.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 06:27 PM

We are shipping goals left right and centre. We have zero leadership on or off the field. We could easily slip into a relegation fight , lets not pretend otherwise

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Watching on Alba and we are so easy to play against.

Press our keeper - hoofs it up park.

Run at our full backs.

Let Jackson have the ball and pick up first pass if he passes forward.

Find gaps in front of back 4 - as Hibs don’t have a DM.

Attach set pieces as we can’t seem to win 1st ball.

Bully us as we don’t have anyone who gets stuck in.

Mark Flo and Allan out the game.

Run at Mallan as he can’t tackle.

Our patterns of play are so predictable - the players are being over coached and seems they have lost creativity.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Signs were there in the friendlies and league cup games. It was obvious we were a poor side with nothing about us.

The ‘it’ll be ok’ when the season starts was a load of nonsense. You can’t just flick a switch when the real stuff starts.

The 90+2
Your clairvoyance is to be applauded. Any chance of the lottery numbers? It's not good enough but it is an exaggeration after 4 league games to say we're relegation candidates. It's pretty much too early to say that about any team in such confident terms. Like I say, we're Hibs and the drudgery of mid bottom 6 isn't good enough so I think he's got to go.

No need to be smart arse, you’re better than that. We watched the games early doors and it was obvious it was a shambles. There was always some kind of excuse though. We’ve been proper poor since Tynie and if we can’t beat Stirling Albion we could easily go down, who is worse? Certainly not st Johnstone. It gives me the fear as it really is shambolic and not a chance Hecky is turning it around with his merry band of flops bar the centre Half and James. Even they don’t really improve much.

stoneyburn hibs
OP, there's a surprise.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:32 PM
OP, there's a surprise.

Decent deflection tbh.

Hibby Bairn
31-08-2019, 06:33 PM
We’re getting the Boy Band back together again. Unfortunately.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:34 PM
We’re getting the Boy Band back together again. Unfortunately.

Without the talent. Might as well sign Boothy and Wotherspoon.

RoYO!
31-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Bye Hecky.

hibsboy69
31-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Our next 4 league games :-

Kilmsrnock Away
Hearts at Home
Celtic at Home
Aberdeen Away

Can see us being bottom quite soon :boo hoo:

Lex7zero
31-08-2019, 08:17 PM

Because we are dog **** mate.

Lex7zero
31-08-2019, 08:23 PM
I would guess that there are very few Hibs supporters who are in the least bit surprised that Hibs lost today. Shipping goals at an alarming rate, cannot defend, soft, no leadership, a shambles basically.

That's a recipe for relegation alright. There's time to patch things up, but that needs a change of manager, before it's too late.

Spot on. You look at a team with Whittaker Mallon Hanlon who are all clearly not good enough and then you add in Hecky who with his band of sub standard English signings is a joke and you have a soft squad who are definitely capable of taking us down again. Go now Hecky please.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2019, 08:55 PM

He was there today, apparently. I just worry that he's not a football man is he? QED he might not realise that what he is watching is one of the most frighteningly one-paced and pedestrian Hibs team in a long while.

His sidekick, the guy Archie Paton is a rugger/golf type gadgie apparently, who if i'm reading Dempster right in her interview this week is there to make inroads on Jambo territory with "corporate Edinburgh".

So who with any football nous on the Board is critiqueing the manager?

Any pointers, Kieran?

Peevemor
31-08-2019, 09:25 PM
He was there today, apparently. I just worry that he's not a football man is he? QED he might not realise that what he is watching is one of the most frighteningly one-paced and pedestrian Hibs team in a long while.

His sidekick, the guy Archie Paton is a rugger/golf type gadgie apparently, who if i'm reading Dempster right in her interview this week is there to make inroads on Jambo territory with "corporate Edinburgh".

So who with any football nous on the Board is critiqueing the manager?

Any pointers, Kieran?He is a football man, which is why he wanted to invest in a football club. He'll certainly know enough to see that things aren't right on the park.

G B Young
31-08-2019, 10:14 PM

If Hecky soldiers on, turns this around and proves he was the man for the job all along then it'll be a case of hands up, wtf do I know and a hearty well done to him for having the thick skin and broad shoulders to deal with all the flak coming his way. The lot of a football manager is by and large a thankless one and I don't enjoy slating a guy who I assume is trying to do his best.

However, the signs are all too familiar. In 1979, bar an early season hammering of Dundee where we looked anything but relgation candidates, we were on the slide almost from the off and despite the George Best sideshow we never looked like staying in the league.

Nearly 20 years later we scraped clear of relegation via the play-offs but went down the following season. A bright start was built on shifting sands and from the moment we lost 4-3 to the huns after being 3-1 up we hit the skids, with McLeish coming in too late so save us.

Five years ago it seemed unthinkable we'd go down after a Butcher bounce yielded a new year derby win and fifth spot, but the slide thereafter was spectacular.

It may only be four games into the league season but already it's hard to see where the next points are coming from. We've come too far in the last five years to watch this all slip away like snow off a dyke (which is what will very quickly happen with our crowds) and I fear that if we keep going this way in the hope it will come good we'll find ourselves well and truly mired in the drop zone.

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Similarity to the Butcher freefall season.

Drastic action needed now.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Stirling haven’t won a point in the lowest division of Scottish football yet, draw. Morton got papped five zip last night, throw away a two goal lead and a last minute equaliser, St Johnstone outplayed us, papped again today off struggling Killie. Motherwell who hearts beat away pump us and then there was Ibrox. It’s bloody shocking.10/10

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Open your eyes man. Can you not see the way this is going? Forget the league table, look at what is happening on the pitch. We have no realistic chance of improving with the Manager and the players he has signed. Apart from poor quality there is no fight or backbone in the team.

We have gone backwards about 5 years in 6 months.

Peevemor
31-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Open your eyes man. Can you not see the way this is going? Forget the league table, look at what is happening on the pitch. We have no realistic chance of improving with the Manager and the players he has signed. Apart from poor quality there is no fight or backbone in the team.

We have gone backwards about 5 years in 6 months.

I know all that. I was only pointing out that Livingston having 4 points more than us doesn't mean that they've "disappeared over the horizon".

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2019, 10:52 PM
I know all that. I was only pointing out that Livingston having 4 points more than us doesn't mean that they've "disappeared over the horizon".

Fair enough man. More the reason to admit things have gone t1ts up and sort it out while we are still in touch.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 01:14 AM
No team can keep shipping goals as we are and hope to remain competitive. If our form were to persist like this, we would be in a relegation fight. We have to sort ourselves out.

Libby Hibby
01-09-2019, 02:56 AM

After 4 games, Livingston being 4 points ahead is disappearing over the horizon.

If the trend keeps going, they’ll finish 36 points above us.

Paisley Hibby
01-09-2019, 04:05 AM
I suspect empty seats are much more likely to make them take notice.

Spot on. Although a lot of those empty seats, mine included, have already been paid for so the financial impact won't be truly felt until season ticket renewal time.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 06:14 AM

Stirling haven’t won a point in the lowest division of Scottish football yet, draw. Morton got papped five zip last night, throw away a two goal lead and a last minute equaliser, St Johnstone outplayed us, papped again today off struggling Killie. Motherwell who hearts beat away pump us and then there was Ibrox. It’s bloody shocking.
This!

The writing was on the wall for me when he sh#t himself versus Celtic by the way he lined us up in the Scottish Cup at Easter Road

He is now doing more harm than good signed a bunch of duds and single handedly destroyed the feel good factor of the Scottish Cup win

The fans will leave in droves and we will be back to the bad old days of 8000 die hards

I already suspect that people are thinking that there are better things they could be doing on a Saturday I sincerely hope Heckingbottom is feeling the same way

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 06:35 AM
After 4 games, Livingston being 4 points ahead is disappearing over the horizon.

If the trend keeps going, they’ll finish 36 points above us.

If all the trends shown in the opening games continue, we will be safe. Just like Hearts won the league last year.

The trend that is worrying is that we are shipping goals every week.

Famousfivehh
01-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Absolutely rudderless. We are drifting into relegation again. Most of us recognise the signs. Get him out now.

DunblaneHibby
01-09-2019, 07:09 AM
If Hecky soldiers on, turns this around and proves he was the man for the job all along then it'll be a case of hands up, wtf do I know and a hearty well done to him for having the thick skin and broad shoulders to deal with all the flak coming his way. The lot of a football manager is by and large a thankless one and I don't enjoy slating a guy who I assume is trying to do his best.

However, the signs are all too familiar. In 1979, bar an early season hammering of Dundee where we looked anything but relgation candidates, we were on the slide almost from the off and despite the George Best sideshow we never looked like staying in the league.

Nearly 20 years later we scraped clear of relegation via the play-offs but went down the following season. A bright start was built on shifting sands and from the moment we lost 4-3 to the huns after being 3-1 up we hit the skids, with McLeish coming in too late so save us.

Five years ago it seemed unthinkable we'd go down after a Butcher bounce yielded a new year derby win and fifth spot, but the slide thereafter was spectacular.

It may only be four games into the league season but already it's hard to see where the next points are coming from. We've come too far in the last five years to watch this all slip away like snow off a dyke (which is what will very quickly happen with our crowds) and I fear that if we keep going this way in the hope it will come good we'll find ourselves well and truly mired in the drop zone.

My sentiments exactly. I just don't see where our next points are coming from and I have no faith in Paul Heckingbottom suddenly getting it right.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 07:15 AM
I don't think you can say with certainty that we are relegation candidates, however I also don't think it's nonsense to suggest it's a possibility we could end up in that scrap if we continue on the same path.

I said a few weeks ago that positive results against poor teams were masking some God awful performances. The only game this season I left feeling I knew what we were trying to achieve was Arbroath at home (I'd also argue Elgin away was a professional job done). Beyond that I'm stumped. More worrying is that we are regressing; we look worse now than we did in the LC games when we were 'gelling'.

We have that worrying ability to concede really cheap goals, often at really critical times, and that is always the sign of a team heading for trouble. There's a lot of football to be played but if we don't want to get dragged into that group of 3 or 4 fighting for their lives then we have to be ruthlessly decisive now and deal with the main problem. Everyone can see what, or rather who, that is.

Beefster
01-09-2019, 07:46 AM

We used to get comments like this during Fenlon/Butcher. Or the old ‘aye, we’re pish but we’re not remotely in danger of going down’.

As other posters have said, it’s easy to get stuck in a battle at the bottom of the table when the head coach doesn’t have a scooby and most of the players are middling.

heretoday
01-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Every team south of the old firm is a relegation candidate. We're not the worst.

Wilson
01-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Every team south of the old firm is a relegation candidate. We're not the worst.

The worst will go down. I don't want to wait too long to see if you're right. Right now we are pretty bad.

neil7908
01-09-2019, 08:26 AM
The laugh yesterday is Motherwell played how I think Heck wants us to play - high press, pacey wingers going at fullbacks, energy in midfield.

Our defence never had a moment to build from the back as they were on us every time and the ball went back to the keeper and then punted forward.

It's the kind of high energy display we should be seeing from his team.

Unfortunately we look miles away from that.

I could honestly see us in a relegation battle this season unless we make some changes quickly.

southsider
01-09-2019, 08:43 AM
It was trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead against St. J at home that made up my mind about Higgy. We play dour, boring mind numbing football and as a share holder and a fan for 55 years we need change and come Monday morning he needs to be gone. Who to bring in ? Gary Holt would be my choice.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Wasn't there today but that kind of scoreline doesn't lie. Those of us who've suffered through three relegations with Hibs will know the signs are there even this early in the season.

I liked Hecky when he came in but something's not working and there's no evidence that it's going to work.

Given we already appear to have spent our transfer budget and actually made the team worse we've created quite a fiasco in a short space of time, but there are still enough decent players at the club who, if managed better, can ensure we don't flirt with relegation. That, however, is the way we're headed if we persevere with this any longer.

:rolleyes:

If folk don't go to games how can they say we were pish or scorelines don't lie. Dundee got beat 6-2 on Friday, Dundee were by no means rubbish, they were a tad unlucky therefor that scoreline was not a true reflection on the way Dundee played.

Sudds_1
01-09-2019, 06:01 PM

But its not really 4 is it? Pre season and cupa were worrying. Most said let the new guys gel....how many started on sat? No i'm worried already. The signs do not look good.

G B Young
01-09-2019, 06:05 PM
:rolleyes:

If folk don't go to games how can they say we were pish or scorelines don't lie. Dundee got beat 6-2 on Friday, Dundee were by no means rubbish, they were a tad unlucky therefor that scoreline was not a true reflection on the way Dundee played.

Fair point, although while I wasn't able to go yesterday the radio was on at work and I then watched most of the game on Alba. I heard and saw little to make me think I called this one wrong. Some fleeting passages of play where we looked like we might do something but overall nowhere near good enough.

Onion
01-09-2019, 06:06 PM
The worst will go down. I don't want to wait too long to see if you're right. Right now we are pretty bad.

Next 5 games are extremely tough and there will be no hiding place for the players or Heckingbottom. At the end of that run, the Board will have all the evidence they need to make an informed decision. If we're still as bad as the last few weeks, then the pressure moves over to LD and Ron. All the good work LD has done over the last few years could quickly be undone with indecision. By making the wrong calls or trying to cheap their way along, could see Hibs back to the core 8 or 9000 core fans and all that goes with that.

emerald green
01-09-2019, 06:09 PM
The sheer scale and speed of the deterioration all over the pitch is really alarming. Something has to be done NOW to halt the slide. If that means sacking the head coach/manager and his assistant then that's what the board has to do.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Fair point, although while I wasn't able to go yesterday the radio was on at work and I then watched most of the game on Alba. I heard and saw little to make me think I called this one wrong. Some fleeting passages of play where we looked like we might do something but overall nowhere near good enough.

I agree with that 100% :agree: