PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want Hecky to stay?

Green Reaper
31-08-2019, 04:04 PM
After today I just see no way he will turn things around. Seen it before and we need to act before it is too late. Anyone have reasons to think differently?

Phil MaGlass
Craig Levein

Hibs4185
My family yams

Del Boy
31-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Wasn’t there today but I wanted him gone before. Please just **** off

Squirrel 1875
31-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Anyone who still thinks he deserves time should think back to whether it was worth giving Calderwood, Fenlon or Butcher time.

neil7908
It'll be a brave person speaking out in his defence tonight. Brave and foolish.

Keith_M
Could you add a poll to this?

Green Reaper
Anyone who still thinks he deserves time should think back to whether it was worth giving Calderwood, Fenlon or Butcher time.

Or Duffy

makaveli1875
31-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Leeann apparently and until that changes doesnt matter what we think

sean04
Hate to say it but it’s turning into a terry butcher re run

madhatter
No. He seems like he got his managerial experience from playing Football Manager. His position is untenable. I'd be surprised if he does a post match interview. Has a go at fans and then loses 3 nil following week to a smaller club. He has to go.

A Hi-Bee
Its past the point of no return, get him oot.

thegaffer12
31-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Before today I was blissfully optimistic he could turn it around. Now I think we don't have much to look forward to.

hibsbollah
Untenable.

Jim44
Yes but only till their second goal. Huge u-turn for me today. We can’t toy with relegation.

Fanforlife
31-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Spot on m8,thinks she is bombproof or fans heads zip up the back.Also think that there is lots to be concerned about behind the scenes,Rocky road ahead I fear.😞

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Oh it bloody does if we start showing how much we are pissed off wi the situation by just not going. They may shrug it of this season but will not be able to shrug us off next season, they have been entrusted with out Football Club and have been found wanting. He has to go.

Hibee Mac
31-08-2019, 04:12 PM
I doubt you will find a single person. And yet I guarantee he won't go as it means admitting defeat.

Springbank
31-08-2019, 04:13 PM
No

Keith_M
31-08-2019, 04:14 PM
We're only four games into the season... and we started the season with a run of five games without defeat.

We're just taking time to adapt to a new style of play and the new players will take time to gel.

It'll all come good by about Christmas.

And finally, our average league finish over the decades is about seventh, so our expectations are just too high.

Warning: The above post may contain large dollops of sarcasm.

makaveli1875
31-08-2019, 04:14 PM
His interview is on TV just now . He says we look soft .. No **** sherlock

SingaporeHibs
31-08-2019, 04:15 PM
There is no way he is making a recovery. The quicker the club get on with making the change the more chance we still have to recover something from this season.

31-08-2019, 04:16 PM
We're only four games into the season... and we started the season with a run of five games without defeat.

We're just taking time to adapt to a new style of play and the new players will take time to gel.

And finally, our average league finish over the decades is about seventh, so our expectations are just too high.

lol

skyhibs
31-08-2019, 04:16 PM
I think he needs to be given more time

Till about half past 5

Peevemor
31-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Leeann didn't say anything about PH from what I remember. She said that a choice was made to get the players in early and that she was happy that they'd managed to do that. She also said that, like everyone else, she was looking for an improvement in the football.

tonyrougier123
31-08-2019, 04:18 PM
What a player omeonga was for us.

Hillsidehibby
31-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Woeful pish and *****

BoltonHibee
31-08-2019, 04:19 PM

Well then she should **** off too! Unforgivable appointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
I’m always against sacking a manager too quickly, but even I’m getting worried. We were brushed aside pretty easily today. The signs don’t look good for him tbh.

Diclonius
31-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Get the guys who threatened not to buy STs until loyalty points were scrapped on it, they seem to be the only fans who can change her mind.

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2019, 04:22 PM
:bye:

Green Reaper
31-08-2019, 04:22 PM

I take it this is either tongue in cheek, blind faith or fishing

RossScott1991
31-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Had a pop at the fans last week, then gets pumped next again week by a Motherwell team barely out of second gear. It’s that bad I’m almost laughing

Iain G
31-08-2019, 04:24 PM
What a player omeonga was for us.

He seems to be getting his value to the team revised upwards with every thread at the moment!!

Ozyhibby
31-08-2019, 04:25 PM
It was obvious during pre season and the league cup games that he didn’t have a clue but there were still too many on here willing to give him a pass for some reason.
This can be fixed but we need to act now.
Once you know you have the wrong man, and we now know we do, there is no benefit to persisting with him a second longer.
It needs decisive action on Monday.

Squirrel 1875

That’s the spirit. Let’s go back to being average.

BILLYHIBS

:wtf:

Crab apple
31-08-2019, 04:26 PM

He releases our only two CDMs and then signs two replacements (one only a few days ago) who don’t play. The man needs to start taking some responsibilty.

Peevemor
31-08-2019, 04:26 PM
I’m always against sacking a manager too quickly, but even I’m getting worried. We were brushed aside pretty easily today. The signs don’t look good for him tbh.I'm the same. We played well enough until they scored but without being great. After that, apart from a couple of wee chances, they didn't show us anthying to be optimistic about.

I'd hoped for more of a reaction today after last week's insipid display, but unfortunately it was more of the same.

ahibby
31-08-2019, 04:27 PM
I’m always against sacking a manager too quickly, but even I’m getting worried. We were brushed aside pretty easily today. The signs don’t look good for him tbh.

I would be surprised if the club are not thinking about or looking at a replacement. I have no idea who could come in and pick it up. Possibly Alex McLeish if he isn't doing anything but I don't think he'd succeed going by his Scotland tactics. Who ever it is they approach, I wouldn't be surprised if during the process with the pressure off PH starts to get things right, on second thoughts I probably would because I think he has lost it. How can he turn this around, even with a decent right back? Rambling but feeling shell shocked to be honest as I did not expect that performance today, I knew we were defensively weak but thought they'd have a plan to lessen that obvious vulnerability, clearly they did not.

flash
31-08-2019, 04:27 PM

He is being sarcastic.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2019, 04:28 PM
It was obvious during pre season and the league cup games that he didn’t have a clue but there were still too many on here willing to give him a pass for some reason.
Once you know you have the wrong man, and we now know we do, there is no benefit to persisting with him a second longer.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up. The whole club is sleeping at the moment. We won’t act.

Kaff
31-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Lennon went fairly quickly when he lost the plot with the team and he had built up a lot of good faith with his earlier good work.
PH has little to no track record with us to buy him time, I hope this means he'll be emptied fairly quick.
It's the only action we can take, no appointing an experienced assistant or the like.

The Green Goblin
He seems to be getting his value to the team revised upwards with every thread at the moment!!

I don’t think so - he was excellent and much closer to the level of player we need and should be signing.

Keith_M

Only passing on what I've read on here.

https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/wtf.gif

Haven't you guys been reading the posts defending Hecky the last few weeks?

coldingham hibs
31-08-2019, 04:31 PM
On radio now, not got a clue.

The Green Goblin
31-08-2019, 04:31 PM
He is being sarcastic.

Are you sure? Looked a genuine post to me.

Edit: yeah...I see the post above now

Kaff
31-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Blaming the players tonight for being too soft, he should be gone soon

Keith_M
31-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Are you sure? Looked a genuine post to me.

Edit: yeah...I see the post above now

Sorry, I should have prefixed it with "sarcasm alert"

danhibees1875
31-08-2019, 04:35 PM

It's 5th and even then that's no reason not to expect us to be competing for 3rd and cups on any given season.

Otherwise I think I broadly agree with you in the giving some time to let things gel and come together giving a little bit of allowance for our injuries and a host of new players still to get a good run in the team.

Edit: Okay, I disagree with you. :greengrin

bingo70
31-08-2019, 04:35 PM
I’m not sure I’m offering him a defence and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he was sacked however I always felt until we have a proper midfielder with defensive awareness and can put his foot on the ball we will be over run.

The fact we lost today doesn’t change anything and doesn’t tell us anything we didnt know already.

If the Swedish boy is any good and we can bring in a couple of players before the window closes the situation isn’t beyond salvaged.

I don’t think he will turn it around but if they decide to back him for a bit longer I think that’ll be the logic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2019, 04:36 PM

2 out of 3 ain't bad! 😁

B.H.F.C
31-08-2019, 04:38 PM
I’m not sure I’m offering him a defence and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he was sacked however I always felt until we have a proper midfielder with defensive awareness and can put his foot on the ball we will be over run.

The fact we lost today doesn’t change anything and doesn’t tell us anything we didnt know already.

If the Swedish boy is any good and we can bring in a couple of players before the window closes the situation isn’t beyond salvaged.

I don’t think he will turn it around but if they decide to back him for a bit longer I think that’ll be the logic.

It’s his fault we don’t have that type of midfielder. Not getting someone in for that position is sackable in itself with it being so obvious.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2019, 04:39 PM
We've decided that he's a guy who has a good understanding of the theory, read all the manuals and knows how to talk authoritatively about it but as one of my fellow travellers has just said, he personally enjoyed Treasure Island and knows what it's all about but he'd make a ***** pirate.

Roll on a beer, pub can't come soon enough.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 04:39 PM
No. He needs to go now.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 04:40 PM

Yet point blank refuses to sign a defensive midfielder when it was glaringly obvious to everyone it was required.

coldingham hibs

I’m not sure we can sign player after player. Evidence appears to be that his signings are generally gash unfortunately. Would you be willing to give him more dosh to waste. He has been a poor manager since day one, I haven’t really enjoyed any game under his stewardship despite some of the results being decent. Generally unattractive football that I could watch in the championship or lower.

Cataplana

Is it any wonder he's starting for Barca every week?

Lennon went fairly quickly when he lost the plot with the team and he had built up a lot of good faith with his earlier good work.
PH has little to no track record with us to buy him time, I hope this means he'll be emptied fairly quick.
It's the only action we can take, no appointing an experienced assistant or the like.

For "very quickly", read "half a season."

Swedish hibee
31-08-2019, 04:41 PM
I do think the players must play their part. Experienced players are simply making far too many errors.

Squirrel 1875
31-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I should have prefixed it with "sarcasm alert"

Fair play, I sometimes can’t tell who is taking the p!ss on here!

Keith_M
31-08-2019, 04:42 PM
It’s his fault we don’t have that type of midfielder. Not getting someone in for that position is sackable in itself with it being so obvious.

:agree:

How can anybody defend him on the grounds that we're missing that type of player when it's his job to identify and fix that deficiency?

emerald green
Enough is enough. No more excuses. The board and owner must act now, even if it means shelling out a considerable amount of money in compensation payments.

More money down the drain of course, but that's not as costly as another relegation.

Keith_M
It's 5th and even then that's no reason not to expect us to be competing for 3rd and cups on any given season.

Otherwise I think I broadly agree with you in the giving some time to let things gel and come together giving a little bit of allowance for our injuries and a host of new players still to get a good run in the team.

Edit: Okay, I disagree with you. :greengrin

:na na:

bingo70
31-08-2019, 04:47 PM

I agree but he’s signed the Swedish player for that role.

I suspect that’ll turn out to be too little too late but I suppose my point is today didn’t really tell us we didn’t know already.

Kaff
31-08-2019, 04:47 PM
For "very quickly", read "half a season."[/QUOTE]

I did say 'fairly' not very. Given the success Lennon had I think it was over fairly quick

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 04:50 PM
There’s no way back for him now.

Point of no return reached, and we need to act swiftly to attempt to turn this around

supermcginn
31-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Get him to ****

Fergos
31-08-2019, 04:55 PM
He releases our only two CDMs and then signs two replacements (one only a few days ago) who don’t play. The man needs to start taking some responsibilty.

Exactly, he let Marv and MM go and he hasn’t to date replaced them, which is his job. Then he says we are soft. Stunned.

GGTTH

CMac1988
31-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Was a bit raw but he always gave it his all. Chased, harried and actually won the ball in midfield. More than the current lot are capable of.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm the same. We played well enough until they scored but without being great. After that, apart from a couple of wee chances, they didn't show us anthying to be optimistic about.

I'd hoped for more of a reaction today after last week's insipid display, but unfortunately it was more of the same.

That's pretty much where I am – I'm usually about the last to call for a manager to go, desperately trying to see signs of improvement, but there's just nothing. Even when we do play a little bit of football it never seems to last for more than 10 minutes.

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2019, 05:11 PM
No!!

I do not want Heckingbottom to stay.

He is not cut out to be a manager, and is at best, a run of the mill coach.

He is inept, characterless and utterly uninspiring.

14 goals conceded in 4 games is totally unacceptable, as is the powder puff teams he puts out.

We are unquestionably playing relegation-type football.

I did not renew my season ticket as I felt unconvinced by his being our manager and by the football he served up last season and into this.

He introduced fear into games against the top teams and set us up to contain your Sevco's and other top 6 sides - failing miserably in the process.

Heckingbottom is for me, sad to say, Leeann's first appointment failure - a manager/coach who just happened to be 2nd choice behind Appleton.

It is early enough in the season to cut our losses and get rid of a guy who is clearly out of his depth and appoint another manager/coach who will hopefully get the best out of this mixed-bag squad, littered with quality and dross.

judas
31-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Wait. But I thought Scott Allan was the answer to all the problems we saw at the end of last season.

He was the messiah who could blow balls of fire from his erse.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Staying in Motherwell works for me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
31-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Wait. But I thought Scott Allan was the answer to all the problems we saw at the end of last season.

He was poor again today

Onion
31-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Exactly, he let Marv and MM go and he hasn’t to date replaced them, which is his job. Then he says we are soft. Stunned.

GGTTH

Absolutely. A quick look at our team sheet today and the outcome was no surprise, no ball winners, far too attacking and a team that looked like it would ship goals and had zero chance of holding a lead. Without some steel in midfield, we’re doomed I say, doomed. Well are an average side and should have scored 5 or 6. Only Rocky saved us.

Green_one
31-08-2019, 05:24 PM
The one thing we should not allow is for him to bring in any more players. This area is his biggest failure for me

Fergos
31-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Absolutely. A quick look at our team sheet today and the outcome was no surprise, no ball winners, far too attacking and a team that looked like it would ship goals and had zero chance of holding a lead. Without some steel in midfield, we’re doomed I say, doomed. Well are an average side and should have scored 5 or 6. Only Rocky saved us.

Agree Onion, without SDG and Daz we have no character or leaders in this team. There isn’t one leader amongst PHs signings. I get the supports frustrations, everybody has been saying we need some steel in the middle and PH is paid to see it too.

GGTTH

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM
He was poor again today

He seemed frustrated as anything at the play.

coco22
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM

This is where I am. Concern for where we’ve recently been and not letting things get anywhere near that situation again - they have to give him his jotters. Two results would buy him a little time but its not happening - trust him against Hertz? He talks a decent game (when not blaming the fans) but his football, in the main, is pretty horrible to watch. Sad that this hasn’t worked out...

Jones28
31-08-2019, 05:29 PM

Worrying if he’s only just getting to that point now.

wpj
31-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Been on the fence. Get him tae fk sharpish not going to get better

madhatter
31-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Worrying if he’s only just getting to that point now.

Says that it will be reflected in how he recruits in future windows. Get him out. That's him basically saying that he's messed up this window with the players he signed. Yet they are on 3 year contracts. Dont let him recruit another player. He has to go now.

Every fan can see how this is going. I knew we were going to lose today, watched hoping I was just being a pessimist but knew after they scored it was a case of how many. We have no shape, no bite, no cohesion and no balance. Hecky is going to fix it in future windows...no you aren't, get him out. He's Calderwood mk2, talks the same way as if he understands football on another level.

SChibs
31-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Not me anymore, Hecky is our version of Ian Cathro

hibeerealist
31-08-2019, 06:30 PM

:agree: The league cup games offered us all a good idea of how PH will set his teams up and most of the games against lower league opponents were pretty poor, since the league started it has got even worse and there are still some that want to give him more time (and cash) !

Onion
31-08-2019, 06:45 PM
We're heading towards a Hecky v Levein play-off match, winner keeps his job.

Might be the first derby ever where Hearts and Hibs fans will be praying the other team wins :cb

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:46 PM
We're heading towards a Hecky v Levein play-off match, winner keeps his job.

Might be the first derby ever where Hearts and Hibs fans will be praying the other team wins :cb

Imagine we win, Potter gets sacked and they bring in someone half decent.

1van Sprou7e
31-08-2019, 06:47 PM
I absolutely hate swift manager sackings and I really wanted him to succeed but I can't see any way back, sack him now before it's too late

31-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Its not getting better and i cant see how its going to.

He's a man struggling. It'll be the fans fault tho eh . . .

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Its not getting better and i cant see how its going to.

He's a man struggling. It'll be the fans fault tho eh . . .

Well it was blamed all week on the home support. Just as well we’ve not been pumped 9-1 over the last two away games or anything.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2019, 06:54 PM
i blame the away support for todays defeat

next week it will be the hibs tv support to blame

the following game...the .net support

hfc-1875
31-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Absolutely not. Who we get in I don’t know, but surely can’t get much worse.

SideBurns
31-08-2019, 06:59 PM
I don't dislike the guy at all, and had high hopes - especially after Tynie. But I don't want him to stay.

hibsquaker
31-08-2019, 07:02 PM
He's on a 3 1/2 year contract. Unbelievable! May cost a few Bob to pay him off unless there are clauses. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47225844

Unseen work
31-08-2019, 07:05 PM
What I find truly bizarre, is that last season when he came in we seemed organised and quite comfortable defensively.

This season has been the complete opposite, players getting so much time and space and playing through us. Every time a team is within 30 yards I’m panicking.

Greenbeard
31-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Just watched on Alba - most of it anyway. There are players who need to be ditched before the Manager - Horgan, Slivka, maybe Mallan, which pains me to say 'cos I have been a fan but he did f.... all of any use today.
Mind you it was the Manager who kept Horgan on for 90 and Slivka for 85. How the f***?
If Rocky was on form he had saved goals 1 and 3.
On the bright side............I like the away strip very much.

chippy
31-08-2019, 07:07 PM
His comments this last week or so are strange ...it’s almost as if he’s provoking us to boot him out quickly ..... and that team today suggests the same

wookie70
31-08-2019, 07:08 PM
I think he deserves at least until the next window. His job at that point will be to have improved us from where he started. That means anything better than 8th and he is on the right track. His starting point was similar to when Stubbs came in. He is seriously hampered by the legends that are left aging and being injured and Lennon's signings. His own signings haven't been good enough at present but he deserves the chance to at least get a few months with his team. I think things would be very different with a fit, SDG, Daz, Porteous, Lewis at full fitness and Boyler. He probably won't get the opportunity to get most of those back though as he will be chased out by the fans sames as Fenlon. Hope we get a better replacement than we did that time. He has made a poor start to the league campaign and hasn't helped himself in the media. He could have eased the pressure by completely ripping into the players, calling them unprofessional and picking a scapegoat to divert the pressure away from himself. He would probably have got the support of half the fans if the previous manager is anything to go by.

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 07:09 PM

On the right wing (or sometimes right back last week!) or with no midfield help beside him?

Allan and Flo are our best players but they can’t do it on their own.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 07:12 PM
I think he deserves at least until the next window. His job at that point will be to have improved us from where he started. That means anything better than 8th and he is on the right track. His starting point was similar to when Stubbs came in. He is seriously hampered by the legends that are left aging and being injured and Lennon's signings. His own signings haven't been good enough at present but he deserves the chance to at least get a few months with his team. I think things would be very different with a fit, SDG, Daz, Porteous, Lewis at full fitness and Boyler. He probably won't get the opportunity to get most of those back though as he will be chased out by the fans sames as Fenlon. Hope we get a better replacement than we did that time. He has made a poor start to the league campaign and hasn't helped himself in the media. He could have eased the pressure by completely ripping into the players, calling them unprofessional and picking a scapegoat to divert the pressure away from himself. He would probably have got the support of half the fans if the previous manager is anything to go by.

You seriously think anything better than 8th is acceptable? The guy has created a team with no fight , no passion , and who cannot defend. Why wait any longer? The damage will only worsen.

Pilrig_Sauzee
31-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I would watch Hibs even if they ended up playing 5s at the Corn Exchange. Am.just worried that will happen if we carry on. Like many, I've seen plenty awful games, poor results, ailing managers , and relegations. But I keep turning up. Am not into booing (but have no issue with those that do, and frequently agree wiyh them) I really wanted PH to succeed, I quite liked the way he talked about the game and how he wanted us to play. But it's gutless, underperforming, and I honestly don't see this squad suddenly clicking under him.
He's finished and we should replace him ASAP and target top 6.

Unseen work
31-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Just watched on Alba - most of it anyway. There are players who need to be ditched before the Manager - Horgan, Slivka, maybe Mallan, which pains me to say 'cos I have been a fan but he did f.... all of any use today.
Mind you it was the Manager who kept Horgan on for 90 and Slivka for 85. How the f***?

I thought Mallan was one of our better players today, but that isn’t saying much. Made some good interceptions and used the ball well.

Slivka is good at getting forward and in positions but leaves acres in behind him. Allan showed great moments but again needs that stability behind him.

Horgan was absolutely dire, his crossing and final ball at times is amateur.

Completely agree Rocky should be saving the first and third, I don’t care if he made a good save at some other point. You want your keeper to deal with the bread and butter.

Also found it odd he had 5 of his summer signings on the bench with 2 starting in Middleton and Jackson?

Penalty apart i thought Jackson was good.

Since452
31-08-2019, 07:15 PM
I want him to do well i really do but I'm rapidly losing faith. The strange thing is i didn't think we we're terrible today but we lost 3-0. Motherwell ffs.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 07:16 PM

The problem is Heckingbottoms making though. He is playing the players you mention because he signed ***** and let players who could offer the team more go. He has not replaced bartley or milligan. He signed newell presumably to play before horgan but newell is *****. Its all his own doing.

madhatter
31-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Where’s the HibsTV post match? Is it not up by now?

Since452
31-08-2019, 07:21 PM
The decision making worried me too. 2nd half we had a free kick on the edge of the box and have a player everyone knows can score from that range and we end up making a balls up of a training ground move. Poor.

wookie70
31-08-2019, 07:24 PM
You seriously think anything better than 8th is acceptable? The guy has created a team with no fight , no passion , and who cannot defend. Why wait any longer? The damage will only worsen.

The guy has inherited a team with no fight , no passion , and who couldn't defend. I would say top 6 is acceptable in general but you have to look at the starting point, in terms of squad, he had. He went on a run when he came in probably due to most of the team getting a lift that they weren't going to be called out week in week out. He did however inherited a very unbalanced squad with players coming to the end of their careers and becoming injury prone. I have no idea if Neeps will help that balance but it sometimes only takes finding the right formula to make a massive difference. Lennon got that when Flo, Allan and McLaren just clicked. He will have to find some performances and results soon though as he has foolishly said how fit we are etc and the style we were going to play. Neither has came to pass and that has helped pile pressure on him that could have avoided.

My biggest worry is that if he goes in the next month or so then that is a big wedge of money for him and Stockdale and if his signings are as bad as most seem to think then we could see the fallout of him going last a couple of seasons. Granted if he is as bad as most think the outcome could be the same.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie have all had indifferent starts to the season. Livingston will go through a tough spell. It's such early days we are 2 points off bottom and 3 points off 4th.

We have a potentially tricky run of fixtures coming up but equally they are a chance to take points off other teams gunning for 3rd and 4th. We then have a run of 8 games in which we play only 1 team from last seasons top 6. That is a great opportunity to go on a run and really get ourselves in the mix.

The problem is does anyone feel confident we would take advantage of that opportunity as things stand? Over the last few weeks I have seen nothing to suggest we are heading in the right direction. We look worse now than we did in the LC games. Beyond platitudes about it 'being too early' I can see no reason to persist with the current coaching team.

chippy
31-08-2019, 07:27 PM
His comments this last week or so are strange ...it’s almost as if he’s provoking us to boot him out quickly ..... and that team today suggests the same

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie have all had indifferent starts to the season. Livingston will go through a tough spell. It's such early days we are 2 points off bottom and 3 points off 4th.

We have a potentially tricky run of fixtures coming up but equally they are a chance to take points off other teams gunning for 3rd and 4th. We then have a run of 8 games in which we play only 1 team from last seasons top 6. That is a great opportunity to go on a run and really get ourselves in the mix.

The problem is does anyone feel confident we would take advantage of that opportunity as things stand? Over the last few weeks I have seen nothing to suggest we are heading in the right direction. We look worse now than we did in the LC games. Beyond platitudes about it 'being too early' I can see no reason to persist with the current coaching team.

There is absolutely not a hope we finish third or fourth.

Fergos
31-08-2019, 07:39 PM
The guy has inherited a team with no fight , no passion , and who couldn't defend. I would say top 6 is acceptable in general but you have to look at the starting point, in terms of squad, he had. He went on a run when he came in probably due to most of the team getting a lift that they weren't going to be called out week in week out. He did however inherited a very unbalanced squad with players coming to the end of their careers and becoming injury prone. I have no idea if Neeps will help that balance but it sometimes only takes finding the right formula to make a massive difference. Lennon got that when Flo, Allan and McLaren just clicked. He will have to find some performances and results soon though as he has foolishly said how fit we are etc and the style we were going to play. Neither has came to pass and that has helped pile pressure on him that could have avoided.

My biggest worry is that if he goes in the next month or so then that is a big wedge of money for him and Stockdale and if his signings are as bad as most seem to think then we could see the fallout of him going last a couple of seasons. Granted if he is as bad as most think the outcome could be the same.

He inherited......Bartley who had plenty fight and passion, Milligan a leader, he hasn’t replaced them.

GGTTH

Turkish Green
31-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Petrie's legacy. Time for Ron to take action.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 07:41 PM

The guy has made 9 signings and made things worse. He has started the season playing mallan and allan in the same midfield . The guy doesnt have a clue how to set his team up . He doesnt seem to know how to get them defending as a team. He doesnt seem capable of getting the team playing to any sort of style. He is literally clueless , and im wanting him out before its too late.

Leith Green
31-08-2019, 07:45 PM
To have slivka and mallan as any more than squad players for the start of this season is a massive failing as well by the way. These should have been replaced with better players who give the team more balance. He has signed ***** , plain and simple. Newell , doidge , vela all on the bench just goes to prove this.

PH91
01-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Excellent post.

It is clear that this and right back are the biggest issues. He has brought hallberg in as a dm and has james returning from injury.

I think he will be given 2 games, kille and hearts, to see if the above guys coming in makes a difference. If there is no up turn in performance/results in those 2 games he will be gone.

Hibee Mac
01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
To have slivka and mallan as any more than squad players for the start of this season is a massive failing as well by the way. These should have been replaced with better players who give the team more balance. He has signed ***** , plain and simple. Newell , doidge , vela all on the bench just goes to prove this.

Absolutely bang on.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 09:05 AM
I've been one of his biggest supporters, especially on here but I'm starting to get a bit worried, things just dont seem to be improving and dont look like they will, but on the same hand how can he stop individual bad play or players not helping out, the manager for example shouldnt have had to tell horgan yesterday to help whittaker with a clearly quicker player, he should have realised this himself. Hopefully he gets it sorted soon but not so sure

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 09:09 AM

The thing is, as badly as it’s going just now imagine he just went “**** it” and started the next game with all his signings playing including the pap goalie and we went down to Killie? Of course Mallan would keep his spot.

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Leeann didn't say anything about PH from what I remember. She said that a choice was made to get the players in early and that she was happy that they'd managed to do that. She also said that, like everyone else, she was looking for an improvement in the football.

She did mention him saying the idea of getting players in early was to get them to know the other players and coaching staff.

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Excellent post.

It is clear that this and right back are the biggest issues. He has brought hallberg in as a dm and has james returning from injury.

I think he will be given 2 games, kille and hearts, to see if the above guys coming in makes a difference. If there is no up turn in performance/results in those 2 games he will be gone.

That makes sense, although I'd say anything other than a win against Killie should seal the deal.

In fact, it would see him going into the Derby as a dead man walking, and it might make sense to axe him before that game, to give any chance of a reaction from the players.

Leith Green
01-09-2019, 09:25 AM
The thing is, as badly as it’s going just now imagine he just went “**** it” and started the next game with all his signings playing including the pap goalie and we went down to Killie? Of course Mallan would keep his spot.

Im starting to think that it doesn’t really matter what 11 he picks or where they play. They look equally as poor as one another , with no organisation , shape , or leadership

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Where’s the HibsTV post match? Is it not up by now?

There ye go

https://youtu.be/2ENkScrXzJs

Dearie me!

SMAXXA
01-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Craig Levein

😂😂😂😂

Iain G
01-09-2019, 09:33 AM

I feel like everyone is spiralling into a state of panic and despair and trying to outdo each other in claiming just how bad and deep rooted and awful things are at Hibs. There is nothing that can't be fixed and the mulitple Private Fraser routines are wearing a bit thin.

It needs to improve but we are only four games into the league campaign. Whether he stays or goes there is plenty of room and time to improve the situation.

Who was it said hell was other people? Must have been a regular at Easter Road...

madhatter
01-09-2019, 09:37 AM
There ye go

Dearie me!

Cheers. He’s lost. Keeps talking about stuff that’s wrong. There’s something new every week that’s wrong. Last week was the fans and anxiety (not that we were garbage) and this week it is one on ones (again not that we were garbage).

I’m almost in the camp of not going back to ER while he’s here. I’m not kidding, he reminds me so much of Calderwood when he speaks now. Very flat and not in a deliberate passionate way.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 09:38 AM
I feel like everyone is spiralling into a state of panic and despair and trying to outdo each other in claiming just how bad and deep rooted and awful things are at Hibs. There is nothing that can't be fixed and the mulitple Corporal Fraser routines are wearing a bit thin.

It needs to improve but we are only four games into the league campaign. Whether he stays or goes there is plenty of room and time to improve the situation.

Who was it said hell was other people? Must have been a regular at Easter Road...

Don’t get ahead of yourself

Private James Frazer actually

“We are all doomed!” 😁

Allant1981
Cheers. He’s lost. Keeps talking about stuff that’s wrong. There’s something new every week that’s wrong. Last week was the fans and anxiety (not that we were garbage) and this week it is one on ones (again not that we were garbage).

I’m almost in the camp of not going back to ER while he’s here. I’m not kidding, he reminds me so much of Calderwood when he speaks now. Very flat and not in a deliberate passionate way.

Not being funny but why wouldnt you go back while he is in charge, yes we are playing really bad just now but surely as a supporter you support through bad and the good?

JimBHibees
What I find truly bizarre, is that last season when he came in we seemed organised and quite comfortable defensively.

This season has been the complete opposite, players getting so much time and space and playing through us. Every time a team is within 30 yards I’m panicking.

That is totally bizarre as you say the one thing we did seem to be was organised defensively. We are the complete opposite now. Utter shambles and he obviously doesn't trust his signings. The defence looks poor but are given no protection at all. You would have thought after st Johnstone the midfield would have been more physical personally would have started hallberg and Vela centre with Scott in front and Silvka right mid at least you would think there would have been some defensive organisation and protection. To take Vela out and bring Horgan and Silvia in seemed like weakening us defensively and was even more odd when thought both were poor when they came on last week.

BoomtownHibees
I thought Mallan was one of our better players today, but that isn’t saying much. Made some good interceptions and used the ball well

You are kidding right? He was the worst out of a bad bunch for me. Straight from kick off when he picked out Hecky on the touch line, he was dreadful.

Also, where are folk getting the idea that the Swede has been signed as a defensive midfielder? If you watch his YouTube compilation, he is nothing like a DM whatsoever

Iain G
01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Don’t get ahead of yourself

Private James Frazer actually

“We are all doomed!” 😁

Well am sure they don't like it up em either!

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Don't panic don't panic!

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 09:52 AM
It needs to improve but we are only four games into the league campaign. ...

We are actually nine competitive games into this season and have not looked convincing against any premier side, and also struggled in most games against lower league sides.

But, if you want to take the four games on their own, then let's do that.

P 4 -- W 1 -- D1 -- L 2 -- GF 4 -- GA 11

Aside from The Rangers (who humped us 6-1), the league teams we have played all finished in the lower reaches of the league last year. In those games, there has been no improvement whatsoever from what we saw in the LC Group stages.

Most of his signings have failed to have any impact and he seems unable to get the best out of the players he inherited. Surely if he had an idea how to improve, we would have seen evidence of it so far?

I admire your optimism but I don't see any evidence to support it.

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 09:56 AM

you can't seriously believe that. Hecky had a decent squad and a transfer budget to improve in the summer which he seems to have largely wasted. Stubbs had about 6 players and a shambles of a club. Signings and style of play are night and day. He needs to go now before he causes more damage.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Im starting to think that it doesn’t really matter what 11 he picks or where they play. They look equally as poor as one another , with no organisation , shape , or leadership

Yep. Apart from Kamberi at times. Jumble sale sums it up.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Well the Huns don’t

Don’t tell him Pike!

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 09:59 AM
The decision making worried me too. 2nd half we had a free kick on the edge of the box and have a player everyone knows can score from that range and we end up making a balls up of a training ground move. Poor.

That was comic book. An excellent chance to get a shot at goal and blew it. We managed to create a worse angle. Mallan should have just hit it no reason to move the ball.

Keith_M
01-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Well the Huns don’t

Don’t tell him Pike!

I'll go and ask my missus.....

JimBHibees
01-09-2019, 10:05 AM

That is why timing wise it needs to be now. International break get someone in and new start.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Not being funny but why wouldnt you go back while he is in charge, yes we are playing really bad just now but surely as a supporter you support through bad and the good?

Nah, getting fed up of that concept tbh. I get really annoyed when it is used as some spectrum of “true” supporters. I went to every game when in the Championship and in the relegation year but as soon as I go “I’ve had enough now” I become a lesser supporter of some kind. It’s the club’s s responsibility to have something to support. The club, with Hecky, have ripped the soul out of our club.

We’ve let guys, who cried when leaving the club, go and replaced them with uncaring players. I won’t blindly support the same thing happening again. We lost an embarrassing derby at Hampden and got relegated due to the same recruitment.

I also view myself more as a football connoisseur. I support Hibs but when the football is bad, I don’t enjoy it so why should I bother. My support was already given in the form of £405 for the ST, monthly sub to HibsTV and monthly sub to HSL.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Nah, getting fed up of that concept tbh. I get really annoyed when it is used as some spectrum of “true” supporters. I went to every game when in the Championship and in the relegation year but as soon as I go “I’ve had enough now” I become a lesser supporter of some kind. It’s the club’s s responsibility to have something to support. The club, with Hecky, have ripped the soul out of our club.

We’ve let guys, who cried when leaving the club, go and replaced them with uncaring players. I won’t blindly support the same thing happening again. We lost an embarrassing derby at Hampden and got relegated due to the same recruitment.

I also view myself more as a football connoisseur. I support Hibs but when the football is bad, I don’t enjoy it so why should I bother. My support was already given in the form of £405 for the ST, monthly sub to HibsTV and monthly sub to HSL.

But as soon as we start getting some wins on the board you will come back? What happens if we then go through a sticky stage again, do you just stop coming again? Entirely up to each individual but for me I just dont get it. And you know for a fact that the players who have came in dont care? Have you ever thought that they just arent as good as the players that left? That's a totally different conversation though

Pretty Boy
01-09-2019, 10:14 AM
There ye go

Dearie me!

I take it '1v1'is the football hipster and intelligentsia phrase of choice at the moment.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Agree!

Mickey Weir said he cried the day he walked out the door and I am sure Big Marv did the same and also to a lesser extent Mark Milligan who I am sure apart from his reported high salary loved it here and was happy to stay

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 10:17 AM
I take it '1v1'is the football hipster and intelligentsia phrase of choice at the moment.
Agree

Last week the buzz words were:

Goalkeeper error

Offside goal

The fans fault

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 10:18 AM
I feel like everyone is spiralling into a state of panic and despair and trying to outdo each other in claiming just how bad and deep rooted and awful things are at Hibs. There is nothing that can't be fixed and the mulitple Private Fraser routines are wearing a bit thin.

Yet you seem one of the lone voices still trying to disregard people’s opinions because you disagree. The team is a shambles the signings have so far been guff. I’m not sure how you can argue that. It’s been the same since pre season before you start your four games in stuff.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2019, 10:24 AM

I have already said I am no going back while he and that kind of display are on offer, I done the same at the end of the Millar days, and I have been following Hibs for close to 60 years I dont buy into that uber-supporter ***** at all. Hate to think how much I have spent on the Hibs in my time, no point in saying any more on the subject, we are free to make choices. Along with have opinions at least until the p.c. brigade take over completly.

madhatter
But as soon as we start getting some wins on the board you will come back? What happens if we then go through a sticky stage again, do you just stop coming again? Entirely up to each individual but for me I just dont get it. And you know for a fact that the players who have came in dont care? Have you ever thought that they just arent as good as the players that left? That's a totally different conversation though

No, if I went to every game in the Championship and in the relegation years then clearly I didn’t just leave after a few losses. If we do not have substantial board presence how do you think we get message to the board and new owner? Happy clapping to oblivion? If we continue to turn up with same numbers, the club will think “we’ve found our level, fans seem to be happy with this”.

Sorry to reveal it but since I’ve paid for my ST, I honestly don’t think the club care if I turn up, beyond maintaining the reputation of the club. Obviously more empty seats while on TV doesn’t raise profile of club, especially when the football product is garbage. The club don’t care about me and whether I turn up or not. I do not have the same duty thing as you. If product continues to decline. I can find something else to spend close to £1000 on a year. After slaving away at work, my weekends are for my enjoyment, not to fulfil some duty.

If you think Newell cares as much as Bartley then we’ll never agree on anything. Bartley came from a similar level but you could tell he was battling for the fans and the club. So I don’t feel it’s anything to do with player ability, Bartley was first to admit he would pass it to better football players than him. His job was to win the ball back and he always tried his hardest even through pain.

Nicho87
The worrying thing is we’ve still to play our hardest games on paper bar sevco

Squirrel 1875
01-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Sometimes it’s a point of protest. Derby tickets coming out on Monday and for the first time ever I’m actually contemplating whether to buy them or not. Why? Not because I fear a hiding but because I dont want to back this manager by investing in his vision. I’m completely sympathetic to people feeling like they don’t want to go back while Heckingbottom, who speaks with such an arrogance and dislike of the fans imo, is still here.

Iain G
01-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Yet you seem one of the lone voices still trying to disregard people’s opinions because you disagree. The team is a shambles the signings have so far been guff. I’m not sure how you can argue that. It’s been the same since pre season before you start your four games in stuff.

I am not disagreeing with any of that!

What I am finding tiresome is the full on panic that suddenly everything at the club is wrong and awful and not working! There is a reaction to what can clearly be seen as on the park problems but then letting that concern grow and manifest in some of whatI am reading on here is just panic and scaremongering.

Four games into a league seasons and we have time to sort out the product on the pitch.

Since452
01-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Sometimes it’s a point of protest. Derby tickets coming out on Monday and for the first time ever I’m actually contemplating whether to buy them or not. Why? Not because I fear a hiding but because I dont want to back this manager by investing in his vision. I’m completely sympathetic to people feeling like they don’t want to go back while Heckingbottom, who speaks with such an arrogance and dislike of the fans imo, is still here.

I'll be going. We'll surely beat Hearts. Probably the only side worse than us right now.

cmcd
01-09-2019, 10:30 AM
He was poor again today

I disagree with that comment .He was the only midfielder showing any effort .No one player can do it all himself .This of course is my opinion

BlackSheep
01-09-2019, 10:32 AM
Yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I just don’t see anything worth saving from him. I’ve said on other threads that I can’t blame the players, yes they’ve been pish poor for a while but it’s obviously down to poor management... wrong teams, wrong tactics, wrong excuses, wrong subs, just all wrong....!!!

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2019, 10:33 AM

What I am finding tiresome is the full on panic that suddenly everything at the club is wrong and awful and not working! There is a reaction to what can clearly be seen as on the park problems but then letting that concern grow and manifest in some of whatI am reading on here is just panic and scaremongering.

Four games into a league seasons and we have time to sort out the product on the pitch.

This has not happened over night, it is a result of poor management for close to a year now, add in piss poor recruitment and we have a mixed bag of pretty dull and ordinary players who will take the team nowhere, I am not willing to stay on this particular bus, and reserve my right to get of at this stop. He has to go.

madhatter
01-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Our recruitment is basically done though. I’m still struggling to see how we fix our midfield. I pointed out before, reason why we have so many injuries in defence is because most of them are approaching the end or are at the end. Gray and McGregor shouldn’t be starters and Whittaker should be the choice after youth player.

The full on panic is because we’ve recently been bought over, we’ve had limited communication on his plans, only communications I’ve heard are about things away from football. All the while our recruitment team look to have been undermined by a head coach that wants his own signings. Signings of which mainly look rubbish and all of whom are on 3 year contracts.

Full on panic has kicked in because people are collectively thinking “How can this have happened?”. We had one good season under Lennon in the top flight and we’re back to being the same joke - we were told the yo-yo, from lofty heights to relegation, would end.

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 10:41 AM
No, if I went to every game in the Championship and in the relegation years then clearly I didn’t just leave after a few losses. If we do not have substantial board presence how do you think we get message to the board and new owner? Happy clapping to oblivion? If we continue to turn up with same numbers, the club will think “we’ve found our level, fans seem to be happy with this”.

Sorry to reveal it but since I’ve paid for my ST, I honestly don’t think the club care if I turn up, beyond maintaining the reputation of the club. Obviously more empty seats while on TV doesn’t raise profile of club, especially when the football product is garbage. The club don’t care about me and whether I turn up or not. I do not have the same duty thing as you. If product continues to decline. I can find something else to spend close to £1000 on a year. After slaving away at work, my weekends are for my enjoyment, not to fulfil some duty.

If you think Newell cares as much as Bartley then we’ll never agree on anything. Bartley came from a similar level but you could tell he was battling for the fans and the club. So I don’t feel it’s anything to do with player ability, Bartley was first to admit he would pass it to better football players than him. His job was to win the ball back and he always tried his hardest even through pain.

I'm pretty sure that the board and LD especially know the fans arent happy, she has an account here, I'm pretty certain she will read FB and twitter also. She hasnt progressed to where she is now by being that daft. If you think the club arent fussed if fans who have paid already turn up or not then that's up to you, I'd like to think that as business people they will fear that if people arent turning up then they will lose future business. Maybe I'm just to optimistic. Again if you think the players dont care then that's your opinion, there is no evidence to suggest they dont care, they just havent been good enough

Hibernian32
01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Ron gordon was at the game yesterday surprised he never went down at FT and game him is P45

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I just don’t see anything worth saving from him. I’ve said on other threads that I can’t blame the players, yes they’ve been pish poor for a while but it’s obviously down to poor management... wrong teams, wrong tactics, wrong excuses, wrong subs, just all wrong....!!!

You cant blame the players? Almost every goal we have lost recently has been down to errors from them, take yesterday for example, whittaker was getting skinned yet horgan done nothing to help out, jackson had a brain fart for the penalty, marciano let one go straight past him for the 3rd, tactics and subs had nothing to do with those errors

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2019, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that the board and LD especially know the fans arent happy, she has an account here, I'm pretty certain she will read FB and twitter also. She hasnt progressed to where she is now by being that daft. If you think the club arent fussed if fans who have paid already turn up or not then that's up to you, I'd like to think that as business people they will fear that if people arent turning up then they will lose future business. Maybe I'm just to optimistic. Again if you think the players dont care then that's your opinion, there is no evidence to suggest they dont care, they just havent been good enough
OMG!

Is she Lucy Brown?

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 10:45 AM
OMG!

Is she Lucy Brown?

😁

1875M
01-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Don’t dislike the guy. Seems hard working and like he cares. However, I can’t see this situation getting better, only worse.

ColintonHibs
01-09-2019, 11:29 AM
He’s a huddy! Send him

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 11:30 AM

It’s not just four games though is it? It’s the players downing tools (managers words not mines) then pre season and then the league cup. The product on the pitch won’t be fixed until new head coach is in place that actually knows how to set up a team.

The 90+2
01-09-2019, 11:31 AM
You cant blame the players? Almost every goal we have lost recently has been down to errors from them, take yesterday for example, whittaker was getting skinned yet horgan done nothing to help out, jackson had a brain fart for the penalty, marciano let one go straight past him for the 3rd, tactics and subs had nothing to do with those errors

Who picks the players?

mcfly
01-09-2019, 11:34 AM
I think it was said earlier but the recruitment has not been good enough.

We have people who are paid to watch and recruit players, is this the best they can do? If I did my job as badly I’d be out.

Letting “Hibs” men like Marvin Bartley leave was shocking. Yes a limited player but he got what the club was about - fans loved his all action no nonsense style. What I’d give to have him in midfield for the derby.

Will these new players bust a gut for the team? Not in the games I’ve seen so far.

Sad times at present but can only get better 🤞🤞

Allant1981
01-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Who picks the players?

Of course the manager, does that mean they shouldnt get the blame for individual errors?