PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O Leeann Dempster

Hibs4185
31-08-2019, 03:59 PM
You’ve given the manager a chance, give given him the budget, you’ve signed the players he was wanting and you’ve bought into his philosophy. Unfortunately the hard work of the last 4 years is quickly being undone.

The warning signs were there in the League Cup, Ibrox, the booing last week and now a 3-0 defeat to a team we should be beating. We need a change of direction before things become irreparable.

The international break is coming up, please listen to the fans and get this manager out so we can try and salvage the season.

Deansy
31-08-2019, 04:12 PM
It's no big shame, Leeann - Hecky's your 1st wrong/bad decision in the 3-4 years you've been here, it doesn't detract in any way from the fantastic job you've done for Hibs !. But he has to go before we get past the point of no return - replace him now before it's too late !

Hibee Mac
31-08-2019, 04:13 PM
It's no big shame, Leeann - Hecky's your 1st wrong/bad decision in the 3-4 years you've been here, it doesn't detract in any way from the fantastic job you've done for Hibs !. But he has to go before we get past the point of no return - replace him now before it's too late !

Agree!

madhatter
31-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Already getting to the stage of being too late. Dont think there is a single fan optimistic about the season anymore. Dont think there are many fans that look forward to Saturdays at ER (or away) anymore. 2k down for our last home game, if he is still manager for our next home game I imagine it will be another 2k down. Cant keep talking about big plans outside of football when your main business is football and its crumbling apart...

Bob Box Fish
31-08-2019, 04:17 PM

She’s made many bad decisions lately!

mayo hibee
31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
I honestly don't see Leeann surviving the season. Things are not good and she seems to be doubling down on her bad decisions rather than fixing things.

As things get steadily worse I expect she will leave the building to preserve her reputation, which imo is far greater than it should be.

tonyrougier123
31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Don't give him til christmas.

Results wont improve.

Springbank
31-08-2019, 04:25 PM
New man in a week BEFORE the derby is essential.

Essential.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 04:26 PM
An open letter, what an interesting new medium for Hibs.net. They used to be considered Yammish, but things change I suppose.

scuttle
31-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Its already too late, feel good factor gone, dire product on pitch and stuck with these new singings for the next two to three years. Im not a bed wetter nor a happy clapper but a realist and we are relegation candidates

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2019, 04:33 PM
If she truly believes what she said about a strong transfer window what chance do we have?

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2019, 04:34 PM

how very true.

Kaff
31-08-2019, 04:35 PM
If she truly believes what she said about a strong transfer window what chance do we have?

She can't say anything different publicly to be fair.
I think Lennon was dealt with relatively quickly given his good record with us. I hope she's decisive now when it's needed

ChickenCurryYLT
31-08-2019, 04:36 PM

Exactly!! What a complete mess.

Weegreenman
We can move the manager on but unfortunately you can’t move on the players as easy. There’s a whole bunch of players in our squad, probably the vast majority that aren’t good enough to wear the jersey.

We we need something to change now.

Hibs4185
An open letter, what an interesting new medium for Hibs.net. They used to be considered Yammish, but things change I suppose.

The reason I done it, was the KP said in one of his updates that the club read forums and are aware criticism. Maybe have more of an effect than another heckingbottom out thread.

HairyMM
31-08-2019, 04:37 PM
s
It was a ridiculous interview focussing a a turnstile / ticketing system that is worse than the previous one. Spoke as if the The Team is sorted so can focus on marketing. I predicted we'd lose three goals today as have no midfield battlers (only bottlers) and a sieve like defence ....disgusting

Hibs4185
31-08-2019, 04:38 PM
We can move the manager on but unfortunately you can’t move on the players as easy. There’s a whole bunch of players in our squad, probably the vast majority that aren’t good enough to wear the jersey.

I don’t know if the players are that bad, I just think the manager has them drilled in formations, tactics and stats and they are scared to express themselves.

madhatter
31-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I don’t know if the players are that bad, I just think the manager has them drilled in formations, tactics and stats and they are scared to express themselves.

Motherwell deserved to win by more today. They could have as well. It is more than players being scared to express themselves, it is players unable to mark, unable to run (Mallan) and unable to tackle. We passed it ok in spells but Motherwell looked dangerous everytime they came forward. We looked mediocre going forward and shocking in defence.

Really sad but I'll struggle to go to ER again while he is in charge. Support need something to support. I feel conflicted because I dont want to support this debacle.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 04:52 PM
The reason I done it, was the KP said in one of his updates that the club read forums and are aware criticism. Maybe have more of an effect than another heckingbottom out thread.

Valid points pal, just an ironic observation on my part. Things must be really bad when we are at the same level as the forelock tuggers.

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 04:57 PM

:top marks

SingaporeHibs
31-08-2019, 05:11 PM

I agree, she made a choice along with others (she doesn’t do the hiring on her own) and it’s not working. There is no shame in that, it happens in Football. How LD and the board react is now important to rectify the error. LD isn’t responsible for picking teams or formations or subs or anything else. I feel LD has taken way too much praise for the positives with regard the Football over the last few years but likewise she shouldn’t take too much criticism for poor recruitment of players or the performances during this period.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 05:18 PM

:hmmm:

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Do not wait till we lose the Derby - act now.

Even Eddie May set up a team better than this.

The guy has lost the fans and the dressing room.

Jones28
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Long list is it?

green with envy
31-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Motherwell deserved to win by more today. They could have as well. It is more than players being scared to express themselves, it is players unable to mark, unable to run (Mallan) and unable to tackle. We passed it ok in spells but Motherwell looked dangerous everytime they came forward. We looked mediocre going forward and shocking in defence.

Really sad but I'll struggle to go to ER again while he is in charge. Support need something to support. I feel conflicted because I dont want to support this debacle.

Correct. Keeper made at least 3 great saves when on one on one. Absolute shambles again today.

hibeerealist
31-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Aye and the team that are bottom of the league league outplayed us at ER last week, worrying.

hibeerealist
31-08-2019, 05:32 PM
:top marks

How on earth did Hecky manage to get the Leeds job then the Hibs job, he must talk a very good game????

Fifehibby74
31-08-2019, 06:18 PM
One of Leeanns first decisions was to remove Terry Butcher. Hopefully she remembers that!

Nothing at all that gives me any confidence that PH can turn it around.

InchHibby
31-08-2019, 06:51 PM
I was there today, and I’m not usually one to make snap decisions but the decision to be made on this occasion is there for all to see. The mans way out of his depth and it’s only going to get worse, it needs sorted now, he has to go this weekend, that alone would give the club a lift. I’ve been a supporter for more than 60 years, I’ve seen good managers, not so good managers and downright don’t know what to do next managers and he falls into the latter category.
If we want to save our season, I know it’s only four games into it but the signs were there in the pre season games and the cup, he must go now.

Crab apple
31-08-2019, 06:52 PM
How on earth did Hecky manage to get the Leeds job then the Hibs job, he must talk a very good game????

He’s certainly likes to talk.

familyman
31-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Managers are judged by results..enough said I think.

JOD
31-08-2019, 08:53 PM
I got absolutely slated on here for speaking up against her handling of the NL fiasco.

Leeanne you have had a great few years with us but every CEO has a shelf life and yours is at a end.

Resign take your puppet manager with you and with George Craig as well.

Both your appointments and both a disaster.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 08:55 PM
How on earth is Hecky a puppet? If so he’s been supported far too much.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2019, 08:58 PM

Or do they? It’s a bit of a laugh isn’t it? She’ll need to get her schematics out:)

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2019, 09:01 PM
These days we are a support who don't have a lot of patience when it comes to managers 'bedding in' and its all down to Butcher. We watched the club ignore the signs and sit on their hands just hoping that his results would improve …. they hoped their way straight into the championship.

This is looking scarily the same .. a manager who talks a good game but whose teams don't play anything like the way he sets out in his stated philosophy, a manager who has signed 5 players only one of whom played today with his 250K signing nowhere to be seen … was he injured? and a manager who is already blaming the fans for piss poor performances.

So far not a single one of his signing has proved of any value at all for whatever reason, with only Jackson getting pass marks for at least holding down a place .. its hardly enough to enthuse the fans though is it?

As I said on another thread, starting today he had 3 games to save his job … he now has 2, a loss or even a draw with Killie and a loss at home in the derby and he has to go … we cant sleep walk into another Butcher situation even this early.

The question is, will our owner and CEO have the same attitude?

Scotty Leither
31-08-2019, 09:04 PM

How else do you suggest we convey how the fans feel to the Board?

Not looking for an argument, it's a genuine question. The drawbridge of open communication has been well and truly pulled up this last wee while as things that the fans are feeding back, entry problems, the tatty state of the stadium, the crap PA system are all being met with radio silence, just like the bad old days of omerta under Petrie.

Add in the damp squib takeover and not a cheep from our new owner since, is it any wonder the natives are restless and are using our fans forum (which the club reads) to vent?

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 09:16 PM
He’s certainly likes to talk.

Yeah, a load of rubbish.

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Why is he still getting the friendly ‘Hecky’ stuff?

Let’s just call him Heckingbottom please.

He’s making an erse of his job, I’m certainly no pal of his.

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Have we ever sacked a manager 4 games into a season?

What’s the quickest a club has got rid of a manager in Scotland or into a new season?

Here’s Lucy!
31-08-2019, 09:24 PM

What’s the quickest a club has got rid of a manager in Scotland or into a new season?

No.

Paul the Penguin at the Huns?

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2019, 09:27 PM

The thing is that if it was only a new season blip then you could hope for better, but when you chuck in the tail end of last season things don't look so good, because we were looking like becoming the team we are now by the time that season had ended.

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 09:31 PM
The thing is that if it was only a new season blip then you could hope for better, but when you chuck in the tail end of last season things don't look so good, because we were looking like becoming the team we are now by the time that season had ended.

I keep saying what actually got us top 6 and away from the Lennon mess was doing the basics. Simple shape and playing players in position.

Add in..

Bogdan - better all round than Ofir I feel.
Milligan - found form after Asia Cup.
Omeonga - biggest loss - energy and closet to SJM
McNulty - goals and took pressure off Flo.

All gone...for an unbalanced squad with even our POTY and best player mallan and Allan struggling.

It’s clearly his team this season and it’s very uninspiring and looks like an expensive make - fans can’t relate to any of the new guys and we severely lack leadership / energy / toughness.

HarpLife
31-08-2019, 09:31 PM

St Mirren got rid of Stubbsy super early last year, didn't exactly save their season but still. Livi's similar decision worked out pretty well. I've not been against him really until today but it just has that feeling about it. It's a shame after a fun few years of Hibs on the up-and-up but I just get that feeling that he is losing grip and there are no clear signs of improvement. I haven't really seen his players yet apart from on tv but the general consensus isn't great. Sorry Heck, I'm with the rest of the senate on this one.

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 09:39 PM
St Mirren got rid of Stubbsy super early last year, didn't exactly save their season but still. Livi's similar decision worked out pretty well. I've not been against him really until today but it just has that feeling about it. It's a shame after a fun few years of Hibs on the up-and-up but I just get that feeling that he is losing grip and there are no clear signs of improvement. I haven't really seen his players yet apart from on tv but the general consensus isn't great. Sorry Heck, I'm with the rest of the senate on this one.

I’ve watched the new guys in he flesh several times except Hallberg.

Doidge - he’s not Flos level but I would actually play him as he runs around and at least tries. Play with Flo but the rest of the shape is a problem.

James - I think will be fine - bad timing with injury.

Vela - not seen anything yet which is anything different to Slivka. Expected better.

Jackson - stupid handball - he’s done ok but still not sure - where is Porto?

Newell - not what we need as doesn’t have pace. A sub to bring on but would rather we had brought someone in who is a starter. But saying that young Middleton and even Shaw today are now ahead of him?!!

Middleton - he wouldn’t be here unless Boyle got injured so think Hecky is lucky he is here or we would have Newell only.

Allan - isn’t his signing but he’s making him crap and he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying having no help around him.

Maxwell - looks solid enough - but would rather have Bogdan as number 1.

ionahibby
31-08-2019, 09:42 PM
I got absolutely slated on here for speaking up against her handling of the NL fiasco.

Leeanne you have had a great few years with us but every CEO has a shelf life and yours is at a end.

Agree 👍 I still think there was more to the Lennon debacle though. Maybe it wasn’t so bad and our ceo made it worse?

IberianHibernian
31-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Threads criticising Heckingbottom since early LC games maybe even before , understandable given results and performances . At last a thread criticising or at least questioning work of recruitment team or what we thought was recruitment team but suddenly have become only advisors of manager when results don`t go well . Not read much criticising players except new ones who are all written off as not good enough for Hibs while older players underperform or have fitness problems . At same time I read about ticketing problems , turnstile problems etc etc Money lost by not having shirt sponsor a big amount so questions to be asked about commercial department as well . In any company the boss takes responsibility for weaknesses in different departments but most on this thread seem to consider all the current disappointment as a bad managerial appointment while ignoring other things which might make manager`s job easier .
Certainly not defending PH here but surprised that a thread about LD isn`t more critical .

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2019, 09:48 PM

Why not go full out and “total disaster”? I don’t thing Lennon can be classified as either unless writing tabloid headlines. Best European run in terms of games played in 20+ years

kaimendhibs
31-08-2019, 09:56 PM
All the feel good has gone from the club. Fans are gonna drift away again and it's depressing

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

NOLA
31-08-2019, 09:59 PM

He’s a blether, talks a good game that’s it. I think the players have chucked it already under him [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmcd
31-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Explain please

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2019, 10:14 PM
A dilemma for Leanne. Heck is her appointment and she has sung the praises of George Craig and the recruitment department so often in the past.

The reality is that something has gone completely wrong at the Club over the last year. Everyone can see the signings are sub-standard and have weakened us. There is no cohesion in the the team and it is so obvious to see.

If she is genuinely a top CEO she needs to act now, admit she's screwed up and put forward a plan to sort it.

WestCoastHibby
31-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Agree 👍 I still think there was more to the Lennon debacle though. Maybe it wasn’t so bad and our ceo made it worse?

Similarly I took some abuse for saying LD didn't actually turn water into wine.....change is not always a good thing but something has to give soon

IberianHibernian
31-08-2019, 10:33 PM
A dilemma for Leanne. Heck is her appointment and she has sung the praises of George Craig and the recruitment department so often in the past.

The reality is that something has gone completely wrong at the Club over the last year. Everyone can see the signings are sub-standard and have weakened us. There is no cohesion in the the team and it is so obvious to see.

If she is genuinely a top CEO she needs to act now, admit she's screwed up and put forward a plan to sort it.I agree with all of this except that I`d say more than a year . Given high crowds in last few years and number of good cup runs this decade ( crowds started going up under Fenlon with successive cup finals , top of league at Christmas 2012 etc ) and European games last season I`d say it`s fair to question how money has been spent without just saying such and such a manager has wasted budget . Recent managers have had benefit of HSL cash to boost transfer budget but may have been limited by other factors like shirt sponsor cash .

Sir David Gray
31-08-2019, 10:47 PM
These days we are a support who don't have a lot of patience when it comes to managers 'bedding in' and its all down to Butcher. We watched the club ignore the signs and sit on their hands just hoping that his results would improve …. they hoped their way straight into the championship.

This is looking scarily the same .. a manager who talks a good game but whose teams don't play anything like the way he sets out in his stated philosophy, a manager who has signed 5 players only one of whom played today with his 250K signing nowhere to be seen … was he injured? and a manager who is already blaming the fans for piss poor performances.

So far not a single one of his signing has proved of any value at all for whatever reason, with only Jackson getting pass marks for at least holding down a place .. its hardly enough to enthuse the fans though is it?

As I said on another thread, starting today he had 3 games to save his job … he now has 2, a loss or even a draw with Killie and a loss at home in the derby and he has to go … we cant sleep walk into another Butcher situation even this early.

The question is, will our owner and CEO have the same attitude?

Decent results against Kilmarnock and Hearts would change nothing and would potentially do more damage long term.

He needs punted now.

GreenCastle
31-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Ron was definitely in the stands today.

After watching last week and today I wonder what he’s thinking.....probably have I made a mistake ?!!

Real Emerald
31-08-2019, 10:55 PM
My message would be to stop the corporate speak, realise there’s a huge problem that needs to be nipped in the bud, admit you (like all of us) get things wrong some times and save our season NOW before it’s too late. Thanks 🙏 👍

stoneyburn hibs
31-08-2019, 10:58 PM
Heckingbottom will be her last act. He'll get punted and she won't be far behind

Ron will put Archie in charge , where we go from there is anybody's guess.

tonyrougier123
01-09-2019, 12:06 AM

After watching last week and today I wonder what he’s thinking.....probably have I made a mistake ?!!

I hope he has good football people advising him at the moment.
Because the drivel coming out of easter road certainly isn't matching the product we are trying to sell.
Lets get a team on the park again hibs!!

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 12:50 AM

**** knows because he talks pish in his radio interviews when he's 1 v 1 with the reporter...:rolleyes:

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 01:39 AM
How else do you suggest we convey how the fans feel to the Board?

Not looking for an argument, it's a genuine question. The drawbridge of open communication has been well and truly pulled up this last wee while as things that the fans are feeding back, entry problems, the tatty state of the stadium, the crap PA system are all being met with radio silence, just like the bad old days of omerta under Petrie.

Add in the damp squib takeover and not a cheep from our new owner since, is it any wonder the natives are restless and are using our fans forum (which the club reads) to vent?

It was a bit of a joke. The fans can communicate any way they see fit.

I hadn't realised things were as grim as you describe to be honest. Maybe a lynch mob at the back of the stand is what we are after.

I suspect the sacking of the manager at the end of the month, will be the catalyst for another season of discontent. One thing is for sure, our long suffering fans will have no shortage of spokespeople to put the case.

I find all this a bit embarrassing, and wonder if the same pant wetting is going on at the other clubs on four points or less at this crucial stage of the season.

I have been convinced that the boss isn't the man, but is there any need for the hysteria about the club?

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Sorry Leeann, your usual sound judgment let you down when you appointed Heckingbottom, though to be fair, Appleton was your first choice.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 03:13 AM
:hmmm:

He's right. Hecky's signings look terrible, and they have long term contracts. It won't be easy to sort this squad out.

Heisenberg
01-09-2019, 04:37 AM
He's right. Hecky's signings look terrible, and they have long term contracts. It won't be easy to sort this squad out.

I think it will. Any of the boys from down south that don’t cut it for us will still easily get a club back in their *****y wee EFL bubble.

Hibs4185
01-09-2019, 05:36 AM

Maybe HSL can offer him £2 million for his £6 million investment? Might snap your hand off at the moment 🤣

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 07:00 AM
At what point does she become culpable for the state we are in?

Ellahappyhibee
01-09-2019, 07:17 AM
She is responsible now for this shambles. Is she brave enough to change it? If she doesn't she must believe Heckingbottom can turn it around. But she will sail into the sunset as we watch Hibs struggle to avoid relegation.

Cabbie1875
01-09-2019, 08:08 AM
She got it wrong, no big deal but this needs to change and needs to change now, think Leanne has done a fantastic job since she came in and i know we are a club that doesnt sack managers willy nilly but this imposter needs to go and needs to go now, if we leave it till after the derby we will all be sorry, on this form we will get absolutely destroyed

Time to go son