PDA

View Full Version : Michael O’Halloran

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Anyone? Not sure what his contract situation is at St.Johnston?

I was mightily impressed by this guy last week. Caused us all sorts of problems with dynamism. Begs the question, why can’t we pick up players of his ilk?

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-08-2019, 10:56 AM

I was mightily impressed by this guy last week. Caused us all sorts of problems with dynamism. Begs the question, why can’t we pick up players of his ilk?

But we can pick up players of his ilk - McGinn, McGeogh etc

eastterrace
31-08-2019, 10:57 AM

I was mightily impressed by this guy last week. Caused us all sorts of problems with dynamism. Begs the question, why can’t we pick up players of his ilk? he always plays well against us, don’t know why maybe we give him an easy time.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Our level i supose....run of the mill bargain basement signing

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 11:05 AM
But we can pick up players of his ilk - McGinn, McGeogh etc

Ok fair enough but I’m talking about currently. The nearest we have that would compare is Horgan who I think will go onto much bigger and better things. I just think we’ve missed out on a number of good Scottish players who could do a job for us. Instead we’ve went for players who come from the lower English leagues that quite frankly look average as hell.

Crab apple
31-08-2019, 11:05 AM
he always plays well against us, don’t know why maybe we give him an easy time.

He does and I like his direct style.

RoYO!
31-08-2019, 11:06 AM

If by run of the mill you mean, significantly better than pretty much all the players on the park..

Although I suppose that wouldn’t have been hard.

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Took the game by the scruff of the neck last week. Just a pity none of our players had his desire or ability to do the same.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2019, 11:10 AM

He's honestly not that good. I don't see any other 'bigger' clubs trying to sign him.

Crab apple
31-08-2019, 11:13 AM
He's honestly not that good. I don't see any other 'bigger' clubs trying to sign him.

Don’t know enough about him other than he always seems to play well against us. In terms of ‘bigger’ clubs the huns signed him but he didn’t seem to fit in there.

J-C
31-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Ok fair enough but I’m talking about currently. The nearest we have that would compare is Horgan who I think will go onto much bigger and better things. I just think we’ve missed out on a number of good Scottish players who could do a job for us. Instead we’ve went for players who come from the lower English leagues that quite frankly look average as hell.

Horgan is a very very average player, very inconsistent.

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Granted I don’t see him every week but whenever he plays against us he’s been very decent.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Granted I don’t see him every week but whenever he plays against us he’s been very decent.

I agree although scarily I remember watching Rowan Vine play well against us....

FWIW I think O'Halloran is a dangerous player. Just wondering why he's still at SJ? Perhaps attitude?

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Horgan is a very very average player, very inconsistent.

Lol Give me more average players like him please.

hibbydog
31-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Proven SPL level player. Low risk. We should be able to offer him a decent wage rise from what St Johnstone pay. Comfortably better than both Shaw and Doidge. Sign him and punt one.

J-C
31-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Lol Give me more average players like him please.

If you want 1 good performance every 5 games crack on, he was brutal when he came on last week.

tamig
31-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Proven SPL level player. Low risk. We should be able to offer him a decent wage rise from what St Johnstone pay. Comfortably better than both Shaw and Doidge. Sign him and punt one.

He’s not like Shaw or Doidge - not even the same position.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 11:28 AM

:faf: :whistle: Beats me like, seems like years ago we were signing prospects like Kamberi, Allan, and McGinn. You sure it's Hibs you're talking about? :hmmm:

dalkeith stu
31-08-2019, 11:29 AM
He done well last week against a 60% fit Stevenson!!

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2019, 11:29 AM
If you want 1 good performance every 5 games crack on, he was brutal when he came on last week.

Ok.

ahibby
31-08-2019, 11:47 AM

Yes coming on as a substitute to two thousand of your own fans booing was a great start and from there just got worse. If I'd been him I'd have been tempted to turn and go up the tunnel rather than play for fans who boo when you are brought on for their darling SA. Perhaps if the fans had been decent and considerate towards the substitutes he might have been under less pressure, relaxed and played better, but there is no telling morons. Not saying that you are but an element behaved like it last week. He's scored one of the best goals at Tynie we've seen in a long time to win us the game last season, so give him a break please.

hibeerealist
31-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Yes coming on as a substitute to two thousand of your own fans booing was a great start and from there just got worse. If I'd been him I'd have been tempted to turn and go up the tunnel rather than play for fans who boo when you are brought on for their darling SA. Perhaps if the fans had been decent and considerate towards the substitutes he might have been under less pressure, relaxed and played better, but there is no telling morons. Not saying that you are but an element behaved like it last week. He's scored one of the best goals at Tynie we've seen in a long time to win us the game last season, so give him a break please.

Once again, the fans were NOT booing Horgan or slivka coming on they were booing the managers decision to takeoff SA, were you at the game (as it was quite obvious)?

Morons, you sound like a real charmer and one that likely has nae mates - what a way to describe the Hibs supporters who disagreed with a shocking decision by the manager.

Ray_
31-08-2019, 12:25 PM

That would demonstrate how bad we were because he ran us ragged.

Cataplana
31-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Once again, the fans were NOT booing Horgan or slivka coming on they were booing the managers decision to takeoff SA, were you at the game (as it was quite obvious)?

Morons, you sound like a real charmer and one that likely has nae mates - what a way to describe the Hibs supporters who disagreed with a shocking decision by the manager.

Can you see the irony in what you just wrote?

One of the things that is putting me off going to games this year is that a small section of the support appear to me making a lot of noise about what they are unhappy about.

In the past the club has been de stabilised by small sections of the support deciding that it's their way, or the highway. The thought that we could be going back to a revolving door for managers is not a nice prospect, and (IMO) people who make up their minds this early in the season have no real right to be heard.

Sorry if that's an unacceptable way to describe fellow Hibs supporters, but it's better to speak up now rather than have the thing spiral out of control like it did in the past with people waving season ticket books at the back of the stand.

J-C
31-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Give it a rest ffs, it's boring as **** now. I have no problem with Horgan, he's a decent backup in my opinion and he won't go on to bigger and better things, which is what I was replying to. Less of the ****ing moron chat also, not appreciated.

LeithMike
31-08-2019, 12:33 PM
O'Halloran walks into our team.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
31-08-2019, 02:20 PM
I've seen this guy's name mentioned so often, I'm almost thinking that we'll sign him at some point and he'll actually turn out, as has happened in the past with strikers playing in the SPL that were much vaunted by .net and subsequently signed, to be - at best - risibly mediocre with occasional moments in a Hibs strip

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 02:46 PM
I've seen this guy's name mentioned so often, I'm almost thinking that we'll sign him at some point and he'll actually turn out, as has happened in the past with strikers playing in the SPL that were much vaunted by .net and subsequently signed, to be - at best - risibly mediocre with occasional moments in a Hibs strip

Well as long as he has the occasional good game then that’ll beat the some of the current lot.

Crab apple
31-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Well as long as he has the occasional good game then that’ll beat the some of the current lot.

Much better spending 350k on a striker from Forest Green Rovers and then benching him.

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Much better spending 350k on a striker from Forest Green Rovers and then benching him.

Im fast losing faith in our manager but even more worryingly I really don’t see how we can have a successful season with this current lot of players. Long hard season ahead I’m afraid. How long will it take before we hit the panic button?