PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV / Brexit / Ireland

madjock9
31-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Question when the UK leaves the EU will Hibs TV consider that Ireland is international or still not show games?

Carheenlea
31-08-2019, 07:15 AM
I’m over there five weeks of the year, and was always frustrated that if I was missing a Hibs game I couldn’t upgrade Hibs TV to international to view the game. Never understood why Ireland was not included for overseas viewers.

green day
31-08-2019, 07:26 AM
I’m over there five weeks of the year, and was always frustrated that if I was missing a Hibs game I couldn’t upgrade Hibs TV to international to view the game. Never understood why Ireland was not included for overseas viewers.

It's probably due to broadcasting regulations. I think Ireland still gets (eg) sky tv etc like over here.

So it's most likely about how TV treats football transmission in agreement with the various leagues in the UK.

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Dinnae worry, it will all be back to normal when we become Independent in a couple of years, hang on in there. insert wavey Scotland flag thingy emoji thingy

james62
31-08-2019, 05:48 PM
I spend most weekdays in Ireland and it’s very frustrating that I can’t watch highlights on BBC iplayer as I’m outside the UK but also still can’t subscribe to Hibs TV international as Ireland is considered part of the uk in that aspect.