PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EDINBURGH DERBY TICKET SALES

RSS Bot
30-08-2019, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10257)

GreenCastle
01-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Hecky or Levein’s last game ?!!

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 02:07 PM
This won't sell out. Not with him in charge.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2019, 02:09 PM
It looks like it could be the poorest quality derby ever, and there have been some stinkers. Two teams playing dreadful football.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2019, 02:12 PM
damn, i'm washing my hair that day :(

i think

wallpaperman
01-09-2019, 02:13 PM
This won't sell out. Not with him in charge.

It will sell out pretty quickly, as have the home tickets for all derbies at ER in recent years.

Maybe not the mad rush in the first half hour of going on sale, but they’ll be gone in a couple of days.

murray26
01-09-2019, 02:20 PM
How much are the tickets..?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 02:21 PM
How much are the tickets..?

£32? :dunno:

hfc rd
01-09-2019, 02:22 PM
It will sell out pretty quickly, as have the home tickets for all derbies at ER in recent years.

Maybe not the mad rush in the first half hour of going on sale, but they’ll be gone in a couple of days.

The reason they sold out very quickly was because we had a decent team that we knew would show a bit of passion when they pulled on that Hibs top. We were going into these games with confidence that we will compete. We can’t say that about this lot.

I don’t disagree with what HC has said. If we get over 18K for this, I’ll be very surprised. There is no guarantee the yams will sell out the south stand allocation either. They didn’t in the last fixture and no guarantee they will this time, especially if Levein is still there.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 02:22 PM

We'll see. Overpriced crap on offer.

GreenCastle
01-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Prediction - sell out and lots of empty seats in FF lower.

Last Derby At ER Hearts had gaps in upper tier.

Hibs win - Hecky stays and Hearts maybe get rid of Levein if he sacks himself and bring in someone who isn’t a dinosaur.

Oddly right now both Edinburgh teams want new managers.

wallpaperman
01-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Speaking generally, and if this small thread sample is anything to go by, as a fanbase we really do run and hide at the first sign of trouble.

Is this a millennial thing? Sounds like a bunch of folk I work beside who are 20 years younger than me. Going gets tough and they throw sickies, make every excuse in the book.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Speaking generally, and if this small thread sample is anything to go by, as a fanbase we really do run and hide at the first sign of trouble.

Is this a millennial thing? Sounds like a bunch of folk I work beside who are 20 years younger than me. Going gets tough and they throw sickies, make every excuse in the book.

1600 of us didn't hide yesterday. We made our feelings known.

GreenCastle
01-09-2019, 05:17 PM
To be fair - quite a lot of the young guys made be trip to Motherwell yesterday.

Probably more of the older fans who didn’t travel.

bingo70
01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
What odds you getting on both teams getting beat?

GreenCastle
02-09-2019, 10:19 AM
bump

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 10:26 AM
£32? :dunno:

That’s a disgrace if so. Dempster loves to play up the “community club” tag, yeah right. £25 max. please.

Superfurry72
02-09-2019, 10:27 AM
They’re on sale now, just got mine. Category A up to £32 as had been mentioned earlier. Steep.

Torto7
02-09-2019, 10:29 AM
I'll be there and yes I'm annoyed at the club just now but if revenue drops drastically it only damages the club and makes our chances of putting things right all the harder.

hibee_girl
02-09-2019, 10:40 AM
That’s a disgrace if so. Dempster loves to play up the “community club” tag, yeah right. £25 max. please.

When was the last time a derby was £25?

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 12:02 PM
When was the last time a derby was £25?

The fact that things have been wrong for a long while isn’t an excuse not to change them now. A few seasons back they were £28 (still too much), and we’ve now slid to £30 and now £32. That’s a very bad sign. Hearts are charging away fans £29 for category B games. Scottish football is going completely the wrong way.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 12:06 PM
The fact that things have been wrong for a long while isn’t an excuse not to change them now. A few seasons back they were £28 (still too much), and we’ve now slid to £30 and now £32. That’s a very bad sign. Hearts are charging away fans £29 for category B games. Scottish football is going completely the wrong way.

There should absolutely be a price cap on tickets. EPL away tickets are capped at £30 for Adults. They should be capped at £20 up here!

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 12:12 PM
There should absolutely be a price cap on tickets. EPL away tickets are capped at £30 for Adults. They should be capped at £20 up here!

It baffles me that clubs have decided that instead of trying to set competitive prices that will attract more away fans, they will just milk the ones who will always turn up for everything they’re worth.

1000 fans paying £28 or 2000 paying £20? And that’s before you get into the other financial reasons for getting more fans through the gate (more purchase power, better image for the league if there are full crowds etc)

B.H.F.C
02-09-2019, 12:17 PM
It baffles me that clubs have decided that instead of trying to set competitive prices that will attract more away fans, they will just milk the ones who will always turn up for everything they’re worth.

1000 fans paying £28 or 2000 paying £20? And that’s before you get into the other financial reasons for getting more fans through the gate (more purchase power, better image for the league if there are full crowds etc)

Dropping the prices £8 wouldn’t double the number of people going.

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Dropping the prices £8 wouldn’t double the number of people going.

In this example, an extra 400 fans would be a net effect. 20 x 1400 = £28,000, 28 x 1000 = £28,000.

FWIW, I think that it would give or take double away crowds. There are a lot of folk I know who are put off by going because of prices at grounds like Parkhead and Pittodrie.

DarlingtonHibee
02-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Are you sure, £30.00 for epl, doubt that very much

we are hibs
02-09-2019, 12:26 PM

Youre wrong.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1049265

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 12:28 PM

I can 100% guarantee you that ALL away tickets in the English Premier League are capped at £30. I've bought enough to know. Its an ongoing agreement between all the clubs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/b734355a3a36ea958c33dc4ecf5cea35.jpg

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Youre wrong.

Which means it costs a Hearts fan more to go to Easter Road and watch a (typically awful) game of football than it cost for Spurs fans to watch them at Arsenal yesterday. And yet some folk still have their head in the sand and think everything’s fine as it is, and that the club need to charge £32 otherwise they can’t “compete”. Embarrassing that we’ve let it get to this, it’s time to fight back and organise otherwise it won’t stop at £32.

DarlingtonHibee
02-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Youre wrong.

Amazed by that.

Keith_M
02-09-2019, 12:37 PM

But why bring the 'Community Foundation' into the discussion?

lucky
02-09-2019, 12:37 PM
£32 is expensive but if Hibs were flying and we were looking like we were certain to win there’d be no complaints. Football is a very expensive hobby. A day out now costs well over a £100 for ticket, travel, food and drink

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 12:40 PM
£32 is expensive but if Hibs were flying and we were looking like we were certain to win there’d be no complaints. Football is a very expensive hobby. A day out now costs well over a £100 for ticket, travel, food and drink

It doesn’t have to be a very expensive hobby. Why are we just collectively shrugging our shoulders and going “ah well that’s just the way it is”. This isn’t the status quo, only since the 90s have prices like this started to become the new normal. The game that our ancestors created has been taken from us and then — just to rub salt in the wounds — we’re charged silly money for the privilege of watching it.

However Hibs are playing, £32 is too much. £30 is too much. £25 is probably too much. Win, lose or draw, that’s my view.

Keith_M
02-09-2019, 12:44 PM

:agree:

People are just looking to make digs at the club because they're p1ssed off. It happens every time we go through a bad patch and is just pathetic (IMHO).

Regarding the Premier League away ticket prices: There was a campaign to have a maximum price for away fans and that eventually succeeded but ONLY becuase they can subsidise this with the billions they are being paid by Sky.

When Scottish clubs are getting paid hundreds of millions for TV money, then we could maybe have a similar campaign. Until then, I don't see that there's much else they can do.

Peevemor
02-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Which means it costs a Hearts fan more to go to Easter Road and watch a (typically awful) game of football than it cost for Spurs fans to watch them at Arsenal yesterday. And yet some folk still have their head in the sand and think everything’s fine as it is, and that the club need to charge £32 otherwise they can’t “compete”. Embarrassing that we’ve let it get to this, it’s time to fight back and organise otherwise it won’t stop at £32.

I agree with your general sentiment (I think football is too expensive in Scotland), but what are the clubs meant to do?

In the EPL, ticket sales represent only a minor percentage of the clubs' income with the majority coming from TV money, therefore restricitng the price of away tickets will have a negligible effect on annual income. The opposite is true in Scotland.

As for staying competitive, teams in the English 3rd tier can pay higher wages than us, even with lower attendances.

B.H.F.C
02-09-2019, 12:52 PM
It doesn’t have to be a very expensive hobby. Why are we just collectively shrugging our shoulders and going “ah well that’s just the way it is”. This isn’t the status quo, only since the 90s have prices like this started to become the new normal. The game that our ancestors created has been taken from us and then — just to rub salt in the wounds — we’re charged silly money for the privilege of watching it.

However Hibs are playing, £32 is too much. £30 is too much. £25 is probably too much. Win, lose or draw, that’s my view.

I go every week. I think it’s expensive and I’d like it to be cheaper. I’m also realistic and realise why it costs what it does - the clubs need the money to survive. Why would they make it cheaper to go to a derby when it’ll sell out anyway?

You can’t compare it to price caps in the EPL. Those clubs have hundreds of millions of pounds coming in from elsewhere. We are only turning over 10 million a year.

I was tempted to say the club could do better in terms of making it more price friendly for kids but you can get a season ticket for 50 quid at ER. They could maybe look at kids for a fiver at all category B games or something like that.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2019, 12:57 PM
i thought it had been done to death the reason why Epl clubs can lower admission prices............ Sky/BT

JimBHibees
02-09-2019, 01:00 PM
I can 100% guarantee you that ALL away tickets in the English Premier League are capped at £30. I've bought enough to know. Its an ongoing agreement between all the clubs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/b734355a3a36ea958c33dc4ecf5cea35.jpg

That is a very recent thing until fans campaigned against being ripped off. It is of course much easier to do that in the EPL when the astronomical tv revenue is shared around.

Peevemor
02-09-2019, 01:04 PM
That is a very recent thing until fans campaigned against being ripped off. It is of course much easier to do that in the EPL when the astronomical tv revenue is shared around.

Was there not some grounds where it was £50/60+ for visiting fans?

GreenCastle
02-09-2019, 01:09 PM

It started in 2016 so pretty recent.

Bottom line £32 is far too expensive for a Scottish Football game.

Anyone know what Old Firm fans paid yesterday ?

Itsnoteasy
02-09-2019, 01:12 PM
It started in 2016 so pretty recent.

Bottom line £32 is far too expensive for a Scottish Football game.

Anyone know what Old Firm fans paid yesterday ?

£52 for Celtic fans. It was £49 last year

JimBHibees

I vaguely remember Newcastle fans complaining about Arsenal charging over 80 quid for tickets.

Shrekko
Is nobody going to start a thread to announce they’re boycotting this game?

Andy.1875
02-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Prices in the EPL are not capped.

I have 2 tickets lying on my desk for Newcastle games at home.

Tottenham Sun 15 May 2016 Gallowgate Stand £34
Chelsea sun 26 August 2018 Gallogate Stand £39.

Peevemor
02-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Prices are capped for away fans.

Hermit Crab

Arsenal, they were charging away fans £62 for an adult ticket which is outrageous.

Hermit Crab

They are for AWAY fans.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Its only away league matches that are capped in the EPL. I paid £49 for a ticket in the city end at Parkhead in the Champions league, £34.50 for a ticket in the city end in Naples.

Andy.1875
02-09-2019, 01:30 PM
They are for AWAY fans.

Gallowgate stand is the home end Einsien!
I am a Newcastle member.

JeMeSouviens
02-09-2019, 01:30 PM
West
5567 not for sale
430 available

FF
3393 not for sale
411 available

East
5775 not for sale
546 available

South
3949 not for sale
0 available

Total
18757 not for sale
1387 available

JeMeSouviens
02-09-2019, 01:32 PM
I am a Newcastle member.

I think he meant the prices are capped for away fans, not that your tickets are for away fans. :wink:

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 01:36 PM
I am a Newcastle member.

Very good. The debate is about AWAY fans tickets though...

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2019, 01:39 PM
I am a Newcastle member.

sincere condolences

Barman Stanton
02-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Easy to cap prices when you have a ludicrous TV deal. Scottish football doing the same would mean less money for clubs.

C'mon folks, I know we are all are pissed off but does every single thread need to have wee snide digs at the club we are all supposed to 'support'!?

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 02:07 PM
It’s easy to cap prices when you’re a Scottish club with a ***** TV deal too. You just have to have your priorities in the right place, which is something that no boardroom in Scotland does.

The margins in Scottish football are not so fine that charging £5 less a ticket would see clubs going to the wall. If you think that’s true, then you’ve bought into the same mindset that saw a government cutting disability budgets year after year in the name of austerity and the deficit.

The money is well within Scottish football to charge lower prices, even five years ago they were lower. Why in the meantime have prices gone up? The costs haven’t particularly, the quality certainly hasn’t. Owners are charging more because they can get away with it, not out of some solemn responsibility to keep the club afloat.

Peevemor
02-09-2019, 02:13 PM
It’s easy to cap prices when you’re a Scottish club with a ***** TV deal too. You just have to have your priorities in the right place, which is something that no boardroom in Scotland does.

The margins in Scottish football are not so fine that charging £5 less a ticket would see clubs going to the wall. If you think that’s true, then you’ve bought into the same mindset that saw a government cutting disability budgets year after year in the name of austerity and the deficit.

The money is well within Scottish football to charge lower prices, even five years ago they were lower. Why in the meantime have prices gone up? The costs haven’t particularly, the quality certainly hasn’t. Owners are charging more because they can get away with it, not out of some solemn responsibility to keep the club afloat.

What clubs are making money?

If it's so easy could you give us an idea how Hibs (for example) could cope with a 16-20% reduction on ticket sale income?

Barman Stanton
02-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Has it not already been proved that reducing tickets doesnt make much different to attendance? I'm sure Motherwell tried this before.

.Sean.
02-09-2019, 02:17 PM
I’d be embarrassed not going for fear of getting turned over. First sign of bother and there’s talk of folk not going to the derby? Have a word. Yes I also want Heckingbottom out but I wouldn’t dream of that being the reason to keep me away against them.

HibeeHibernian4
02-09-2019, 02:26 PM
What clubs are making money?

If it's so easy could you give us an idea how Hibs (for example) could cope with a 16-20% reduction on ticket sale income?

They could cope just fine. One idea would maybe be to ignore the deliberately-orchestrated hysteria on fan behaviour and not install £100k+ worth of CCTV to appease Police Scotland and the journalists, who won’t be happy until every ground in Scotland is cleansed of the boisterous working class.

To flip the phrasing, are you seriously suggesting that the absence of a 16-20% reduction on ticket sales income is all that’s keeping us from extinction as a club? Hibs would survive just fine. Board members would have to stop lining their pockets and no longer profit from selling a community’s creation back to them. No loss there.

Andy.1875
02-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Very good. The debate is about AWAY fans tickets though...

Just where does it say this is about the AWAY fans tickets only? I thought this was about general pricing - home and away!

Ginger Gehagan
02-09-2019, 02:42 PM
I’d be embarrassed not going for fear of getting turned over. First sign of bother and there’s talk of folk not going to the derby? Have a word. Yes I also want Heckingbottom out but I wouldn’t dream of that being the reason to keep me away against them.

This 100%.

Peevemor
02-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Just where does it say this is about the AWAY fans tickets only? I thought this was about general pricing - home and away!

Here

JimBHibees
02-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Couldn't agree more the best game of the season bar none.

JimBHibees
02-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Has it not already been proved that reducing tickets doesnt make much different to attendance? I'm sure Motherwell tried this before.

Yes just before they went into administration.

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2019, 03:18 PM

I think youre wrong, folk like me will and have complained about the prices, even when we were doing well, I am almost sure someone can give a link to previous threads complaining about prices, 32 quid firra a derby between 2 **** teams, yir huvvin a laugh surely.
Mind you, as i live abroad i would pay the price of the ticket if i came back.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Away fan prices are capped at £30 and have been for a couple of seasons.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I am a Newcastle member.

😂 and spectacularly wrong on this. They are capped for AWAY fans Einstein!

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Prices are capped due to the gazillions they are making from tv and champs league though.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Prices are capped due to the gazillions they are making from tv and champs league though.

Whatever the reason, they are still capped which was the point being discussed.

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2019, 03:37 PM
👍 had a few, quick read,

Sioux
02-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Capping prices at Ibrox or Parkhead won't make a difference to the overall income of those clubs. Hibs on the other hand can't afford to reduce 6 Cat A games to say £20 for away fans. £12 x 3,800 x 6 = £273,000. Add the shortfall on Aberdeen games + all other games, and that's a hefty amount.

Hibs survive on the number of tickets sold for each game. We've got the perpetual moaning that Hibs don't spend enough on the team, and here we are suggesting ways to reduce the income we receive through the gates. Absolutely mental.

Antifa Hibs
02-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Prices are a shambles across the board in Scotland just now. £32, £35 and £33 for Rangers, Hearts and Celtic. Aberdeen was £27 last year so might have went up. Hamilton charged Motherwell Cat A prices last week which they boycotted.

Modern football is all about ££££. It's pretty much all it exists for. Rip the fans off for tickets, charge £3.00 for a frozen pie, £50+ for a polyester jersey that costs about 6 quid to produce, sell every inch of football strip space to advertisers, rename your ground after some dodgy insurance firm etc etc. ****ing stinks. And it's alot harder to put up with when you are also watching utter utter *****!

Sioux
02-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Prices are a shambles across the board in Scotland just now. £32, £35 and £33 for Rangers, Hearts and Celtic. Aberdeen was £27 last year so might have went up. Hamilton charged Motherwell Cat A prices last week which they boycotted.

Modern football is all about ££££. It's pretty much all it exists for. Rip the fans off for tickets, charge £3.00 for a frozen pie, £50+ for a polyester jersey that costs about 6 quid to produce, sell every inch of football strip space to advertisers, rename your ground after some dodgy insurance firm etc etc. ****ing stinks. And it's alot harder to put up with when you are also watching utter utter *****!

The fault lies with the players demanding stupid wages. It starts at the top of chain and when it works down to lower leagues (and Scotland is one of those), that's where the impact is felt most.

BoomtownHibees
02-09-2019, 04:19 PM
I am a Newcastle member.

Quality 😂

JeMeSouviens
02-09-2019, 04:56 PM
The fault lies with the players demanding stupid wages. It starts at the top of chain and when it works down to lower leagues (and Scotland is one of those), that's where the impact is felt most.

:agree:

We hike our prices to compete with Aberdeen and Them for players. The SPFL should get together and set a price cap for the division. Football price inflation is ridiculous.

JeMeSouviens
02-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Tickets not exactly flying off the planner:

Mon 2 Sep 17:57:07 BST 2019
West
5592 not for sale
405 available

FF
3409 not for sale
395 available

East
5863 not for sale
458 available

South
3949 not for sale
0 available

Total
18886 not for sale
1258 available

Billy Whizz
02-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Tickets not exactly flying off the planner:

Mon 2 Sep 17:57:07 BST 2019
West
5592 not for sale
405 available

FF
3409 not for sale
395 available

East
5863 not for sale
458 available

South
3949 not for sale
0 available

Total
18886 not for sale
1258 available

Must have sold around 1,000 or so today?
12,800 season ticket holders before they went on sar

LancashireHibby
02-09-2019, 05:06 PM
£4 is neither here nor there from my point of view given how much it costs for me to travel etc, but I must admit I was very surprised to see we had tipped the £30 mark. There is certainly a perceived barrier in people’s minds when it comes to ticket prices and I would suggest we’re looking at it in the rear view mirror. Works out ok for me as I won’t know until the Monday before the game as to whether I’d be able to attend or not, and there’s no way tickets will be sold out before then.

wallpaperman
02-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Must have sold around 1,000 or so today?
12,800 season ticket holders before they went on sar

Don’t think that’s right.

If we take the capacity as 20,144 going by the total available on this thread, deduct 3,949 for the south stand, that would leave 16,195 available for Hibs fans.

Take off approx 12,800 season tickets and 1,258 left as worked out on the dot count, would suggest over 2,100 sold today?

Pretty good going i think, though sure some will be annoyed we’ve shifted that many.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Don’t think that’s right.

If we take the capacity as 20,144 going by the total available on this thread, deduct 3,949 for the south stand, that would leave 16,195 available for Hibs fans.

Take off approx 12,800 season tickets and 1,258 left as worked out on the dot count, would suggest over 2,100 sold today?

Pretty good going i think, though sure some will be annoyed we’ve shifted that many.

I was trying to be positive, but you’ve made it even more positive. This is a good day on .net😄

Hibernia&Alba
02-09-2019, 07:10 PM

:top marks

Superb post. Being a football supporter has become prohibitively expensive for many. As the national game, it has been subject to same trend in wider society: the rich have gotten richer and the poor poorer. It's all a business now, a selling venture, with many who were once part of it left outside looking in. Football fans are now customers, there to hand over as much cash as possible; and of course the loyalty of the fan is ripe for exploitation e.g. ticket prices.

Cardinal G
02-09-2019, 08:40 PM

Alas not for Championship fixtures, Barnsley away to Sheffield Wednesday a few weeks ago saw them being charged £39.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Alas not for Championship fixtures, Barnsley away to Sheffield Wednesday a few weeks ago saw them being charged £39.

Thats up to supporters groups to lobby the clubs to cap ticket prices. £39 is shocking.

Hibernia&Alba
02-09-2019, 10:28 PM

Outrageous

Thats up to supporters groups to lobby the clubs to cap ticket prices. £39 is shocking.

And for a second tier match!