Diclonius
29-08-2019, 07:27 PM
A tough one, but I'd go with:

Marciano

Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

Possibly two up top with Doidge replacing Slivka. Just don't play Mallan and Allan together and don't play Allan on the wing ever again.

H18 SFR
29-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Maybe the negative side in me coming to the fore but I've a horrible gut feeling the manager will bench Allan.

Zazu62
29-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Where’s the Swedish dude? Injured?

thegaffer12
29-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Anyone think Doidge deserves a start? Thought he had a good first half last week

B.H.F.C
29-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Anyone think Doidge deserves a start? Thought he had a good first half last week

I thought he was all right other than falling over when he should have scored. Shape of the team doesn’t work with two up top though.

Tyler Durden
29-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Where’s the Swedish dude? Injured?

Hibs Insta posted a photo earlier and said he has impressed with his fitness in training and is in contention for Saturday.

GreenOnions
29-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

Possibly two up top with Doidge replacing Slivka. Just don't play Mallan and Allan together and don't play Allan on the wing ever again.

This is the team I'd go for too. We were outnumbered in midfield last Saturday and 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 suits us much better with Scott Allan just behind the striker. Flo was one of the few who did well v St Johnstone so I'd have him as the main man up front.

I like Mallan and think he has excellent technique but the balance of our side at the moment needs something else so I agree on Slivka too.

Tyler Durden
29-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Fitness permitting, I’d go

Rocky

Whittaker
Porteous
Jackson
Stevenson

Vela
Hallberg

Allan

Murray
Flo
Middleton

jeffers
29-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Don't think he'll admit he was wrong so fully expect Allan to be right midfield again with Mallan continuing in the centre.

Diclonius
29-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Maybe the negative side in me coming to the fore but I've a horrible gut feeling the manager will bench Allan.

That's a sacking offense. I don't think he will though.

SunshineOnLeith
29-08-2019, 07:59 PM
+1 for thinking he'll bench Allan, as some sort of 'statement'

calumhibee1
29-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Can only presume that Porteous had a setback? He came on against Newcastle and then hasn’t played since (I don’t think anyway..)

Smartie
29-08-2019, 09:03 PM
The very idea of trying to get a competent midfield out of our available players is depressing.

Rocky

Whittaker
Jackson
Porteous
Mackie

Vela
Stevenson

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi

Nicho87
29-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Marciano
mallan Murray Doidge stevenson
allan kamberi shaw whittaker
slivka vela

BoyledEgg
29-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Marciano
mallan Murray Doidge stevenson
allan kamberi shaw whittaker
slivka vela

Would have Hanlon in for Marciano. Other than that, I agree

danhibees1875
29-08-2019, 09:10 PM
I quite like the OP. It has width, which I think is missing from mine:

.................Marciano
..........Hallberg Vela Slivka
................,..Allan
...............Doidge Kamberi

tonyrougier123
29-08-2019, 09:44 PM
I quite like the OP. It has width, which I think is missing from mine:

.................Marciano
..........Hallberg Vela Slivka
................,..Allan
...............Doidge Kamberi

I would go with this,with horgan and middleton on the bench for pace and width to bamboozle motherwell later in the game,or if the three CMs was not working change it early.

Hibee Mac
29-08-2019, 09:48 PM
If there's one certainty it's that benching Mallan will improve the team.

If Hecky starts him again then he's too stubborn or just clueless.

The Modfather
29-08-2019, 09:56 PM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

If fit, the Swedish guy has to play. An unknown quantity is better than the known quantities we have. Then pick a name out of a hat for Slivka/Mallan/Vela, don’t think it particularly matters what one plays.

Hibbyradge
29-08-2019, 09:57 PM

He's not a great team manager, but I don't think he's that much of an arse.

hibsmad
29-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Fitness permitting, I’d go

Rocky

Whittaker
Porteous
Jackson
Stevenson

Vela
Hallberg

Allan

Murray
Flo
Middleton

I like the look of that

1875-Hibernia
29-08-2019, 10:11 PM
3 At the back for me with two wingbacks. (Feel it’s the cover and support we’ve missing)

(GK) Marciano
(CB) Jackson Hanlon Porteous
(WB) Whittaker Stevenson
(CM) Murray Vela
(AM) Allan
(ST) Kamberi Doidge

Gives us the option of Mallan, Middleton and Horgan from the bench. Which should be enough to change a game in our favour!

Can’t believe our CM are that bad there’s people placing a boy they’ve never seen play, ahead of them lol.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2019, 10:55 PM
I hope he benches Allan and we win comfortably, that would shut a few people up.

CMurdoch
29-08-2019, 11:38 PM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

I'll second all of that :aok:

Brightside
30-08-2019, 06:49 AM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

Agree with that team with the new lad coming on second half. Murray to replace Horgan on 63 mins. Doidge on last 10.

MacGruber
30-08-2019, 07:18 AM
3 At the back for me with two wingbacks. (Feel it’s the cover and support we’ve missing)

(GK) Marciano
(CB) Jackson Hanlon Porteous
(WB) Whittaker Stevenson
(CM) Murray Vela
(AM) Allan
(ST) Kamberi Doidge

Gives us the option of Mallan, Middleton and Horgan from the bench. Which should be enough to change a game in our favour!

Can’t believe our CM are that bad there’s people placing a boy they’ve never seen play, ahead of them lol.

I don't think either Whittaker or Stevenson are capable of playing wing back unfortunately. Stevenson possibly when fully fit and on form but at the minute no. Neither have the pace or the legs. 2 full backs just now

BoomtownHibees
30-08-2019, 07:24 AM
I hope he benches Allan and we win comfortably, that would shut a few people up.

I’d rather he played our best player to give us the best chance of winning comfortably with Allan adding to his goals and assists

wookie70
30-08-2019, 07:54 AM

Allan could have no complaints about being benched after his performance last week. Regardless of where he was playing he never looked interested and I can only remember two contributions. A good pass to Doidge and tackling SDG and putting him out for 3 months after a lazy attempt to cut out the pass and a poor attempt at the challenge. I hope he can find a way of fitting Allan into the team but I agree that you can't get Mallan and Allan in the same team. I'd like to see Fraser Murray get a start. I'd go with

Rocky
Whitts Jackson Hanlon Lewis
Murray Vela Slivka Middleton
Allan
Flo

If Neeps is good to start I'd put him in for Slivka.

wookie70
30-08-2019, 07:56 AM
I’d rather he played our best player to give us the best chance of winning comfortably with Allan adding to his goals and assists

Is Allan our best player. I'd put Flo a good bit in front of him.

BoomtownHibees
30-08-2019, 08:01 AM

For me he is our best player yes

Unseen work
30-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Interesting comments from Hecky in the pre match interview which offers some insight into why he played 442 with Allan on the right.

He said that Allan was meant to come in and play narrow, giving the full back a problem whether to go with him or not and if he did it would open up a lot of space for Flo in behind. Acknowledged that whilst it worked better for Flo than Allan, when he came inside he still created the best chance of the game for Doidge and that is what they wanted more of. Also that he thinks the reason Allan was unable to go inside so regularly is because we were poor in possession and as a result couldn’t keep it for long enough spells for him to end up drifting in.

Additional comments that Allan has put in a massive shift from January to now go get fit and it’s probably the fittest he’s been whilst not playing much football so it’s about monitoring him etc as they see him everyday in training and if he’s not quite right.

Regarding the team:

I would be surprised to see Hallberg or Porteous start based on the comments made in the same interview (played lack of football and will take time to get upto speed)

........................Maxwell...............

Whittikar.....Jackson....Hanlon.....Stevenson....

................Mallan.....Vela.......

Murray (Horgan)..............Allan..........Middleton

.....................Kamberi......

Is what I expect to see, Horgan in for Murray if he isn’t fit.

Maxwell in for Marciano after another mistake and unconvincing performance last week

Dublin07
30-08-2019, 09:25 AM
I like the look of that

That's also the team I would play. This is the formation hearts played against them in the cup and they really struggled against it.

calumhibee1
30-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

I’d go for that as well unless Porto is fit then I’d stick him in for Jackson.

Jones28
30-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

That’s my team too

1875-Hibernia
30-08-2019, 10:02 AM
I don't think either Whittaker or Stevenson are capable of playing wing back unfortunately. Stevenson possibly when fully fit and on form but at the minute no. Neither have the pace or the legs. 2 full backs just now

I hear what you’re saying, but unfortunately our wingers imo, aren’t capable of it either and I would rather have the experience that those two bring.

That of course was only the team I was hoping for. I’d imagine it will be 451 with Kamberi loan striker.

SunshineOnLeith
30-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Chicken and egg. Kamberi is only capable of being our best player if Allan is playing, because nobody else can give him the service he needs to be our best player.

The two of them are quite comfortably ahead of the rest of the bunch though.

Smartie
30-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Interesting comments from Hecky in the pre match interview which offers some insight into why he played 442 with Allan on the right.

He said that Allan was meant to come in and play narrow, giving the full back a problem whether to go with him or not and if he did it would open up a lot of space for Flo in behind. Acknowledged that whilst it worked better for Flo than Allan, when he came inside he still created the best chance of the game for Doidge and that is what they wanted more of. Also that he thinks the reason Allan was unable to go inside so regularly is because we were poor in possession and as a result couldn’t keep it for long enough spells for him to end up drifting in.

Additional comments that Allan has put in a massive shift from January to now go get fit and it’s probably the fittest he’s been whilst not playing much football so it’s about monitoring him etc as they see him everyday in training and if he’s not quite right.

Regarding the team:

I would be surprised to see Hallberg or Porteous start based on the comments made in the same interview (played lack of football and will take time to get upto speed)

Maxwell in for Marciano after another mistake and unconvincing performance last week

To be fair to Hecky, it worked ok during the first half. The first half was decent, and Flo did seem to get a decent bit of space down that side albeit (exactly as Hecky says) it came at a cost of Allan not influencing things as much as he might have hoped.

We started the second half really badly though, and we didn't look any more secure (arguably less so) after we'd made the changes.

hfc rd
30-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Maxwell

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Vela

Horgan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi

HibeeCraig
30-08-2019, 04:08 PM
I’d like to see us try the diamond again. I think we’ve always played well and looked comfortable playing in that formation, Assuming Porteous isn’t quite ready to come back and Hallberg isn’t match fit yet my team would be:

Marciano

Vela

Slivka Murray

Allan

Kamberi Doidge

I know this sacrifices width and pace with Horgan and Middleton not playing but we would have the option to bring them on if need be and we still have plenty of attacking options.

PH91
30-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Regarding the team:

Thats the team for me unless hallberg is fit then him in for mallan. Doubt he will start though.

Im going to predict the opposite of our last visit there.

Incredibly poor team performance with our new midfielder hooked after having a shocker last time, ending in defeat.

Strong team performance with our new midfielder coming on and having a great game this time, ending in a victory.

I cant help feel the rangers game has twisted people into thinking we are worse than we are. We are not a worse team than motherwell. Im optimistic for tomorrow.

erin go bragh
31-08-2019, 10:06 AM
—————————-Rocky—————————
Whitts—-Jackson—-Hanlon——Stevenson——

———-Halberg————-Vela——————

——-Murray———-Allan———-Middleton—

————————Kamberi ———————-

Horgan to come on the last 20 .

FilipinoHibs
31-08-2019, 10:14 AM
I thought he was all right other than falling over when he should have scored. Shape of the team doesn’t work with two up top though.

The guys a dud. Missed several sitters against ST Mirren too.

FilipinoHibs
31-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Thats the team for me unless hallberg is fit then him in for mallan. Doubt he will start though.

Im going to predict the opposite of our last visit there.

Incredibly poor team performance with our new midfielder hooked after having a shocker last time, ending in defeat.

Strong team performance with our new midfielder coming on and having a great game this time, ending in a victory.

I cant help feel the rangers game has twisted people into thinking we are worse than we are. We are not a worse team than motherwell. Im optimistic for tomorrow.

Think Motherwell better than ST Mirren and ST Jonstone. We will be steam rollered tomorrow. They will attack us down the flanks where we lack speed at full backs. Best hope is if we score early and unsettle them. Hoping for a Flo goal. Could be a painful.afternoon.

hibsbollah
31-08-2019, 10:18 AM
I think Hallberg will see some action, possibly in for Mallan. He looks like a solid CDM type although I could be totally wrong, never even seen him on YouTube.

31-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Lively train through

Hibee87
31-08-2019, 10:48 AM
I think Hallberg will see some action, possibly in for Mallan. He looks like a solid CDM type although I could be totally wrong, never even seen him on YouTube.

Pretty sure read he wouldn't be in the squad as still getting up to fitness. Might/hopefully see Porto back though

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Think Motherwell better than ST Mirren and ST Jonstone. We will be steam rollered tomorrow. They will attack us down the flanks where we lack speed at full backs. Best hope is if we score early and unsettle them. Hoping for a Flo goal. Could be a painful.afternoon.

They can’t be that good if they can’t even play on the right day.

The Leith Dutch
31-08-2019, 12:35 PM

I hope he plays our best team which would include Allan played in his correct position as this would strike me as a better plan than worrying about shutting some people on a fans forum up.

Hakim Sar
31-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Leighton
Miller Tweed Hunter Mitchell
McAllister Mcginley Oneill
Harper Jackson
Wright

erin go bragh
31-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Starting XI - Marciano, Whittaker, Jackson, Hanlon (c), Stevenson, Mallan, Slivka, Allan, Horgan, Middleton, Kamberi

Subs - Maxwell, Vela, Doidge, Newell, Hallberg, Porteous, Shaw

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Allan

Horgan Kamberi Middleton

You have my vote to be the next manager. That looks like a decent line up. Sadly there’s no way Mallen will not be on the field from the start I’m afraid. Horgan will be on the Bench.

lyonhibs
31-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Starting XI - Marciano, Whittaker, Jackson, Hanlon (c), Stevenson, Mallan, Slivka, Allan, Horgan, Middleton, Kamberi

Subs - Maxwell, Vela, Doidge, Newell, Hallberg, Porteous, Shaw

That front 4 should, SHOULD, have enough in them to create some goals. It's going the other way that is worrying me slightly.

sean04
31-08-2019, 01:11 PM
4-2-3-1?

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Mallan must be utter amazing in training.

LaMotta
31-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Mallan must be utter amazing in training.

He is by all accounts.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 01:15 PM
He is by all accounts.

Makes sense 👍 he’s Brian Kerr with a decent shot.

sleeping giant
31-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Hibs to win 7-6.

truehibernian
31-08-2019, 01:18 PM

He’s a good player but switches off defensively which is a worry. Hope he can get back on a scoring run today.

Weegreenman
31-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Vela dropped :confused:

LaMotta
31-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Hes got a decent cross and a decent range of passing too.

Its the running and lack of energy thats an issue.

LaMotta
31-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Vela dropped :confused:

Not surprised tbh.

The 90+2
31-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Hes got a decent cross and a decent range of passing too.

Its the running and lack of energy thats an issue.

True 👍

AlbertK86
31-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Love your positivity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Makes sense [emoji106] he’s Brian Kerr with a decent shot.

Vela is Brian Kerr without a decent shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaMotta
31-08-2019, 02:05 PM
True 👍

Vela can run about a lot but not sure if hes got the rest!

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2019, 02:47 PM
cmon Hibs, gerintaethum

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2019, 02:48 PM
brilliant, posted in wrong thread:rolleyes: