PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AN EVENING WITH PAT STANTON

RSS Bot
29-08-2019, 08:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10253)

Gmack7
29-08-2019, 08:50 AM
looking forward to this

vuefrom1875
29-08-2019, 09:00 AM
looking forward to this

👍

Daniel 1875
29-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Good to see the club giving this a push. Should be an enjoyable evening.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 09:31 AM
How much would King Paddy be worth nowadays?

Elegantly gliding majestically across the grass with the ball at his feet pointing to his team mates prompting them telling them where to stand and where the ball is going to go

The word legend is often used lightly but without doubt Pat Stanton is a HIBS legend a gentleman and a tremendous ambassador for the club a Hibby through and through and the best player I have ever seen wear the famous green and white jersey in the fifty five years I have been supporting the club

Looking forward to a great night and paying my respects to my hero

Patrick Gordon Stanton

Tom Hart RIP
29-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Elegantly gliding majestically across the grass with the ball at his feet pointing to his team mates promoting them telling them where the ball is going to go

The word legend is often used lightly but without doubt Pat Stanton is a HIBS legend a gentleman and a tremendous ambassador for the club a Hibby through and through and the best player I have ever seen wear the famous green and white jersey in the fifty five years I have been supporting the club

Patrick Gordon Stanton

Couldn’t agree more Billy. Hope it’s a sell out. Pat turned down offers from Man U and Chelsea where his wages would have trebled to stay with the Hibs so let’s show him how much we appreciate him.
Ps hope Jimmy Orourke my joint favourite Hibby will be there as well

May21/05/16
29-08-2019, 09:58 AM
I will be there and hopefully he gets a good turn out as he deserves it the best player I seen in a hibs Jersey

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bright_Hibee
29-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Elegantly gliding majestically across the grass with the ball at his feet pointing to his team mates prompting them telling them where to stand and where the ball is going to go

Patrick Gordon Stanton

Bidding for God would need to have started at approximately £4m in the current market, but he'd really be worth so much more if in England. He left European and English greats looking more like a few daft laddies in a 5s match. Great player and a lovely guy to boot!

Sir David Gray
29-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Patrick Gordon Stanton

I'm far too young to have seen him play but the way my mum goes on about him, (Pat Stanton was her favourite player) in today's market he would potentially be worth over £20 million.

vuefrom1875
29-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Bidding for God would need to have started at approximately £4m in the current market, but he'd really be worth so much more if in England. He left European and English greats looking more like a few daft laddies in a 5s match. Great player and a lovely guy to boot!

Spot on....
I'm sure you'll enjoy the night to pay respects to a great laddie 😎

BILLYHIBS
30-08-2019, 07:59 AM
I'm far too young to have seen him play but the way my mum goes on about him, (Pat Stanton was her favourite player) in today's market he would potentially be worth over £20 million.
Pat Stanton was a class act equally at home as a sweeper or in midfield

His preferred position was sweeper but we had adequate cover there in the shape of John Blackley another class act hard but fair

BILLYHIBS
30-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Couldn’t agree more Billy. Hope it’s a sell out. Pat turned down offers from Man U and Chelsea where his wages would have trebled to stay with the Hibs so let’s show him how much we appreciate him.
Ps hope Jimmy Orourke my joint favourite Hibby will be there as well
Aye Wee Jimmy was class a first class striker

I remember 1972/73 he scored six hatricks

Pat Stanton and Jimmy ORourke were like a double act coming through the ranks together from Holy Cross Academy

bigwheel
30-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Aye Wee Jimmy was class a first class striker

I remember 1972/73 he scored six hatricks

Pat Stanton and Jimmy ORourke were like a double act coming through the ranks together from Holy Cross Academy

Now if we could add them at their prime into our squad ...we would be flying [emoji119]