PDA

View Full Version : fraser fyvie

noz
28-08-2019, 06:18 PM
just on radio saying his favourite time was playing for hibs, he supports hibs and keeps an eye out on our results - didnt know this.
Sounds strange, considering how he left us....

BlackSheep
28-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Not really...

Fraser unfortunately followed poor advice and ended up losing out. I’m guessing he would do it differently if he could go back.

28-08-2019, 06:22 PM
just on radio saying his favourite time was playing for hibs, he supports hibs and keeps an eye out on our results - didnt know this.

Didn't go into detail but said he was gutted when he left. Also said Lennon was great (and Stubbs too of course).

Power
28-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Decent article on the BBC sport Scotland website about renewing his love for football but careful as anymore injuries to his knee and he might be finished. He’s only 26, feels like a lifetime ago he was clattered at Easter Road ... whilst playing for Aberdeen.

Hope he prolongs his career yet.

Most appearances for one club in his career is Hibs - 77.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Watch him taking about his “wee man” on the Time For Heroes dvd.

It was more that what he said it was heartfelt way in which it was delivered.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Yip said Hibs were his team and gushing in his praise for the club and the for the good times he had here.

1875Sean
28-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Came across well, good to hear his love for Hibs. Hope the lad can get a few games until Jan and get a decent move again

.Sean.
28-08-2019, 07:29 PM
A link to this anywhere?

Great wee player and a cup winning legend, but he must kick himself on the daily he stalled on that extension from Hibs.

Read on the bbc earlier he reckons he’s another knee injury away from being finished which would be a travesty for someone so talented and of his obvious talent.

Centre Hawf
28-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Fraser unfortunately followed poor advice and ended up losing out. I’m guessing he would do it differently if he could go back.

From what I gather Fraser did nothing wrong

WoreTheGreen
28-08-2019, 07:34 PM

Pretty sure I seen going for a run in Swanston area last week

California-Hibs
28-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Yep, shouldnt of left and would of been more than happy for him to stay. Definitely must regret it no matter what the circumstances were

Leithenhibby
28-08-2019, 08:03 PM

Let's not forget it was HSL money that brought him in, in the first place...

Always be a 2016 cup winning hero...

Glory Glory.

Exuberance1875
28-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Loved him, great player and a hero forever

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2019, 08:30 PM
i'm shocked he's still only 26, old head on young shoulders, still another 9 years before average retirement age for footballers, i really hope he can go another 9 years injury free

Heisenberg
28-08-2019, 08:33 PM
A link to this anywhere?

Great wee player and a cup winning legend, but he must kick himself on the daily he stalled on that extension from Hibs.

Read on the bbc earlier he reckons he’s another knee injury away from being finished which would be a travesty for someone so talented and of his obvious talent.

Roughly 30 minutes in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07lvjt4

Onceinawhile
28-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Wonder where'd he'd be if he had stayed.

Was a good player for us, was probably the 4th best Scottish midfielder we had, but still a good player.

Probably closer to 32 minutes btw.

WellingtonHibby
28-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Watch him taking about his “wee man” on the Time For Heroes dvd.

It was more that what he said it was heartfelt way in which it was delivered.

When hes doing the interviews on TFH, he is sat in a odd half shadow that makes him look like a Villian in a bad movie. I think that every time i watch it.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 08:42 PM
When hes doing the interviews on TFH, he is sat in a odd half shadow that makes him look like a Villian in a bad movie. I think that every time i watch it.

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Hibee87
28-08-2019, 08:42 PM
i'm shocked he's still only 26, old head on young shoulders, still another 9 years before average retirement age for footballers, i really hope he can go another 9 years injury free

I've heard him talk a few time and seems very switched on, wouldn't be surprised at all if he retires in the next few years and goes onto become a good young coach/manager. Never know, could be ours in 10 years time.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2019, 08:51 PM
I've heard him talk a few time and seems very switched on, wouldn't be surprised at all if he retires in the next few years and goes onto become a good young coach/manager. Never know, could be ours in 10 years time.

good call, he could indeed be back at ER one day, and not just as a player for cove :agree:

jacomo
28-08-2019, 08:53 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49439419

He’s a hard guy to dislike.

I think injuries have really disrupted his career. He should have done a lot more than he has.

Here’s Lucy!
28-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Yep, shouldnt of left and would of been more than happy for him to stay. Definitely must regret it no matter what the circumstances were

Forget it.

007 Mickey Weir
28-08-2019, 09:05 PM
He has been really unlucky. He should have signed that deal. But that’s in the past. Hopefully he can enjoy his time at Cove and get his love for the game back.

Will always be a Hibs Legend. That pass to Stokes started the dream ending.

Great player and wish him all the best.

BlackSheep
28-08-2019, 11:15 PM
From what I gather Fraser did nothing wrong

Held out for more money/offers elsewhere that didn’t materialise and missed the chance to stay at hibs. Looking at where his career has gone since I would say Fraser listened to the wrong advice and should’ve signed when he had the chance.

The 90+2
28-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Legend. Scottish Cup winning legend, FA cup winning legend, is now a Hibee through and through, and he hates the hearts.

What’s not to love?

The 90+2
28-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Held out for more money/offers elsewhere that didn’t materialise and missed the chance to stay at hibs. Looking at where his career has gone since I would say Fraser listened to the wrong advice and should’ve signed when he had the chance.

Incorrect. He went on holiday when offered the deal.

Lennon pulled the deal when he was on holiday.

Hibeesmad
29-08-2019, 12:56 AM
Didn't go into detail but said he was gutted when he left. Also said Lennon was great (and Stubbs too of course).

Praise for Lennon? Surely not.

Frazerbob
29-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Incorrect. He went on holiday when offered the deal.

Lennon pulled the deal when he was on holiday.

Where did he go on holiday that they didn’t have phones or internet?

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Where did he go on holiday that they didn’t have phones or internet?

Agree!

Strange one

Maybe Lenny didnae fancy him?

Fyvie said that Lenny was brand new

Maybe Lenny had his salary earmarked for someone else?

All water under the bridge now sadly

FilipinoHibs
29-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Agree!

Strange one

Maybe Lenny didnae fancy him?

Fyvie said that Lenny was brand new

Maybe Lenny had his salary earmarked for someone else?

All water under the bridge now sadly

I think he was offered contract before he went on holiday and did not sign it. Holding out for more money. Lennon pulled it when he was away on holiday. Came back and wanted to sign but the offer was gone.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-accepted-hibs-contract-offer-but-was-too-late-1-4480268

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 09:19 AM
I think he was offered contract before he went on holiday and did not sign it. Holding out for more money. Lennon pulled it when he was away on holiday. Came back and wanted to sign but the offer was gone.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-accepted-hibs-contract-offer-but-was-too-late-1-4480268
Agree

I think we have had this conversation before

Dejavu 😁

WeeRussell
29-08-2019, 11:16 AM
A link to this anywhere?

A man of many talents.

WeeRussell
29-08-2019, 11:19 AM

He went to Dundee United and was good for them (as he was for every club he's played at as far as I'm aware). I don't think you can blame the unfortunate series of injury that followed, on him not signing Lennon's contract offer in time.

29-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Rejected the offer and then had a change of heart after several weeks. Could have been just trying to get a better offer from Hibs but could also have been trying to get a better offer from another club at the same time.

eastterrace
29-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Some off the comments on Facebook regarding Fraser are a disgrace, the guys a legend , helping us win the cup and playing some great football.

WeeRussell
29-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Some off the comments on Facebook regarding Fraser are a disgrace, the guys a legend , helping us win the cup and playing some great football.

It's maybe the same people that post them on here :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Facebook and Twitter comments are an utter cesspool. The real dregs of society.

.Sean.
29-08-2019, 01:35 PM
What page is that on?

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Rejected the offer and then had a change of heart after several weeks. Could have been just trying to get a better offer from Hibs but could also have been trying to get a better offer from another club at the same time.

He didn’t reject a contract.

Frazerbob
29-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Facebook and Twitter comments are an utter cesspool. The real dregs of society.

The Facebook pages are full of utter cretins. I wonder if they're actually Hibs fans at all. My advise, unlike them. That's what I've done. Life is so much better now.

Bright_Hibee
29-08-2019, 03:35 PM
I love that he clearly has a connection with the club. Under appreciated player. Shame injuries have seen him not play at a high level consistently throughout his career.