PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years ago

ValleyHibee
27-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Thanks Geebsie for the goal that ended that ****ing horrendous record v them.https://youtu.be/TiRQMR9HYeM

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 03:08 PM
is the DVD in the club shop yet :thumbsup:

Power
27-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Good to end it at the Gorgie Road end before we were punted up to the Roseburn end soon after.

1 8 7 5
27-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Thanks Geebsie for the goal that ended that ****ing horrendous record v them.https://youtu.be/TiRQMR9HYeM

I feel old.

Great day.

Bring back the terrace!!!

pollution
27-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Who is the man with his son on his back? I have often thought of them.

I remember the utter joy when we won that game. I could only find a seat in the Hearts end of the stand and it was not easy, I can tell you!!

SingaporeHibs
27-08-2019, 04:32 PM
I feel old.

Great day.

Bring back the terrace!!!
Don’t know if it’s my memory playing tricks but I seem to think we were on seats on the terrace that day. You wouldn’t know looking at the film. Great memories though. What a day that was.

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Don’t know if it’s my memory playing tricks but I seem to think we were on seats on the terrace that day. You wouldn’t know looking at the film. Great memories though. What a day that was.

Aye there was wee yellow seats attached to the terracing.

Weegreenman
27-08-2019, 04:37 PM
I had been to most if not all of those 22 games. Played them off the park on quite a few occasions. The difference was usually John Robertson. I never gave him much credit at the time because I mostly blamed the likes of Hunter and Mitchel for being weak ass but looking back wee Robbo was a brilliant finisher and had he been at Hearts now I don’t think he’d been there very long.

I was at the game that ended the rot, great at the time but ultimately it’s a major embarrassment to our club.

1 8 7 5
27-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Im almost certain it was terrace. Though I stood half way up the terrace and behind the goal so many times watching the cabbage at tinycastle, I could be mistaken.

Geebsie was a jola driver (dont know if he still is), but I remember being in his cab one time and reminiscing bout it. Geebsie received a nice tip.

hibby6270
27-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Good to end it at the Gorgie Road end before we were punted up to the Roseburn end soon after.

You say that Power but in actual fact the reverse is the case. Traditional away end at Tynie was always Roseburn end when I was a lad backin the 60s/70s (possibly further back than that?). We were then “punted” to the Gorgie Road end for a period before being moved back to Roseburn when the all seater stands behind the goals were introduced.

I’m sure someone will correct if I’ve got that wrong but it’s how I always recall it. :thumbsup::greengrin

Frazerbob
27-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Im almost certain it was terrace. Though I stood half way up the terrace and behind the goal so many times watching the cabbage at tinycastle, I could be mistaken.

Geebsie was a jola driver (dont know if he still is), but I remember being in his cab one time and reminiscing bout it. Geebsie received a nice tip.

It was seated.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 05:36 PM
You say that Power but in actual fact the reverse is the case. Traditional away end at Tynie was always Roseburn end when I was a lad backin the 60s/70s (possibly further back than that?). We were then “punted” to the Gorgie Road end for a period before being moved back to Roseburn when the all seater stands behind the goals were introduced.

I’m sure someone will correct if I’ve got that wrong but it’s how I always recall it. :thumbsup::greengrin

you're not wrong, at one time we got the small part of that shed thing just before the corner, enjoy...i mean, was shocked at the scuffles that broke out there :)

Yorkshire HFC
27-08-2019, 05:39 PM
And people now want the manager sacked after 3 games and 1 loss! Alex Miller would have sent this forum into meltdown if it had been around then.

1 8 7 5
27-08-2019, 06:08 PM
It was seated.

Cheers:aok:

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 06:11 PM
And people now want the manager sacked after 3 games and 1 loss! Alex Miller would have sent this forum into meltdown if it had been around then.

3 games?

He joined us in February.

It's now 10 league games and 2 wins.

Pagan Hibernia
27-08-2019, 09:42 PM
I had been to most if not all of those 22 games. Played them off the park on quite a few occasions. The difference was usually John Robertson. I never gave him much credit at the time because I mostly blamed the likes of Hunter and Mitchel for being weak ass but looking back wee Robbo was a brilliant finisher and had he been at Hearts now I don’t think he’d been there very long.

I was at the game that ended the rot, great at the time but ultimately it’s a major embarrassment to our club.

yep. It was out and out relief to get that monkey off our backs but I find it hard to look back with anything other than embarrassment now. 22 games... shameful really.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Was in the old wooden stand for that game, remember it well as had only started watching Hibs a couple of years before that and had already become fed up of jambo’s gloating about their unbeaten run.

Power
27-08-2019, 10:47 PM

You’re definitely correct. Look at the celebrations in the 7-0 game and the Stanton last minute goal. I’m a late 80s, 90s attendee.

Scorcher of a day back in 1994.

Mixu62
28-08-2019, 01:29 AM
I was there in the enclosure along the side of the pitch. Memories of the day include the police and stewards being utter bell-ends to the Hibs fans, trying to force us to sit down on soaking wet seats, and I was feeling dreadful after a big night out the night before! Oh and my mate an brother are 2 of the guys on the pitch at the end!

Forza Fred
28-08-2019, 03:02 AM
Remember the day well.
I was back on holiday and managed to buy tickets for the stand through Dougie Cromb.
It was my Oz born wife’s first derby and she was stunned by the absolute hatred in the air.
Geebsie’s goal was the icing on the cake.
A few years later I was able to thank him in a tangible way, as I was involved in things which led to him joining Canberra Cosmos.
He enjoyed his time out here, but not as much as I enjoyed that derby victory!

Killiehibbie
28-08-2019, 06:39 AM

Away end was moved to Gorgie Rd when strict segregation was introduced sometime during their yoyo years. It was a hard shift for the polis when they formed the barrier at the corner of the shed.

IvanSproule
28-08-2019, 11:23 AM
3 games?

He joined us in February.

It's now 10 league games and 2 wins.

Not sure where you're getting those stats.

Heckys league record is 7 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats.

Onceinawhile
28-08-2019, 12:57 PM

I suspect it is based off of our last ten games.

3 this season, 1 win.
don't think we won in the last 5 games last season = 8 games 1 win.

Presumably we won 1 of the previous 2.

Fratelli
28-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Bittersweet memories for me of that game and particularly the aftermath.

Me and my mate Rab headed to the Wheatsheaf Inn to celebrate and the place was rocking with jubilant Hibbies.

A few Jambos came in and were looking for bother but they were quickly huckled out but unfortunately we were the first to leave soon after and the inevitable happened and I got a bit of a doing!

I dropped my dark green ‘Barbour’, went back to retrieve it and got another slap for my troubles...serves me right for wearing a Barbour...!

One of the Jambos got lifted so at least he spent the night in the cells so at least some good came of me getting a whack or 2.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 08:39 PM
It was seated.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Got a huge lump and bruise on my shin as it battered off the seat during the celebrations. I remember the song Things can only get better being played often on the jukey that night. Strange choice but everyone was loving it.

heid the baw
28-08-2019, 09:26 PM
I'm sure that was the first game in front of the brand new main bus shelter

KeithTheHibby
28-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Think medals Mackay was sent off that day so doubly pleasing.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2019, 09:43 PM

That's his overall league record. The post you quoted gave our league record in our last 10 league games, which is;

Won - 2
Drawn - 4
Lost - 4

We won 5 of our first 6 league matches when Heckingbottom took over but have only won 2 of the subsequent 10 league games.

Mixu62
28-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Think medals Mackay was sent off that day so doubly pleasing.

He was indeed, for a "tackle" (read "assault") on Mikey O'Neill. Jambo's at the time tried to claim we were lucky that day, forgetting that we hit the woodwork twice too. Evans (I think) hit the post and O'Neill hit a raker from about 30 yards that almost broke the bar.

Roxyhibee
29-08-2019, 05:41 AM
Blue Blazer for a good few pints beforehand because like a few others, I’d seen most of the 22 previous games and feared the worst again.

Our normal group of 8 or 9 was reduced to just me and another mate going and somehow we ended up in the old main stand.

As we came down the stairs celebrating at FT, Keith came out of a door somewhere on crutches with a huge grin on his face and that was our cue to shout / sing a few Hibby things at him. This attracted a lot of attention from angry Jambos coming out alongside us and they were no’ happy at all.! Made the day even more special haha.