PDA

View Full Version : SO, Who supports Hibernian evermore ?

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 08:54 AM
I know i will. The negativity on here is way out of control. If Hibs Class is being hyper critical of the team , individual players and management then we have it in spades.

FWIW i have watched, and supported blindly, since the early 60's and while we had a moan at times we got behind the team. Sometimes, believe it or not our blind faith was rewarded with an unlikely comeback and result

These days i am restricted in attending due to distance (700 mile round trip) and health issues but yet i make the effort to travel up whenever i can. Yet here i am witnessing Alleged Hibby's talking of chuckin their season ticket **** that on the fire

Want rid of your season ticket ?? send it to me :aok:

Sammy7nil
27-08-2019, 08:59 AM
I know i will. The negativity on here is way out of control. If Hibs Class is being hyper critical of the team , individual players and management then we have it in spades.

FWIW i have watched, and supported blindly, since the early 60's and while we had a moan at times we got behind the team. Sometimes, believe it or not our blind faith was rewarded with an unlikely comeback and result

These days i am restricted in attending due to distance (700 mile round trip) and health issues but yet i make the effort to travel up whenever i can. Yet here i am witnessing Alleged Hibby's talking of chuckin their season ticket **** that on the fire

I think that is what most of us do / did. With Hibs it is always jam tomorrow we have been investing in infrasturucture for 15 plus years the time is come we MUST invest in the team to move the club in the right direction.

I really think the next year or so could be a tipping point of where the club goes, upwards or ?

we are hibs
27-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Is this just another thread to moan about hibs fans?

Weegreenman
27-08-2019, 09:06 AM
I think supporters have genuine fears that our manager is out his depth. There’s been a whole load of examples given with some given their own exclusive threads.
I love how some supporters talk about blind faith. That’s just stupid if you ask me.
We've all seen the club slip into the relegation zone and watched whilst we go from one defeat to the next.
It doesn’t have to be that way. If we can stop the rot early enough then we can maybe prevent the club slipping once again!

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Is this just another thread to moan about hibs fans?

If you perceive it as such then fine...you constantly moan about everything.

i am/was simply posting my thoughts and trying to engage others. So shoot me ffs

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:11 AM
I think supporters have genuine fears that our manager is out his depth. There’s been a whole load of examples given with some given their own exclusive threads.
I love how some supporters talk about blind faith. That’s just stupid if you ask me.
We've all seen the club slip into the relegation zone and watched whilst we go from one defeat to the next.
It doesn’t have to be that way. If we can stop the rot early enough then we can maybe prevent the club slipping once again!

Not in my eyes. you commit or you do not....ask my ex wife

Bill Milne
27-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Stupid question really, managers and players come and go. REAL fans are for life!!

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Stupid question really, managers and players come and go. REAL fans are for life!!

You ex Pentland Hibs ? If you are i know you and your brother...the epitomy of what i am getting at :wink:

Weegreenman
27-08-2019, 09:17 AM
If you perceive it as such then fine...you constantly moan about everything.

i am/was simply posting my thoughts and trying to engage others. So shoot me ffs

I think you need to have a little more respect for other people’s opinions. There’s plenty who are genuinely concerned about the club.

Stop with the trolling and please tell us why we should all be happy wee lambs? Living the distance you do from Easter Road, I take you don’t get to many games.

Bill Milne
27-08-2019, 09:19 AM
You ex Pentland Hibs ? If you are i know you and your brother...the epitomy of what i am getting at :wink:

Yes, I am. As you say, it backs up the statement I made!! I regularly bump into people I first met in the 60s/70s.

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:27 AM

I think you need to have a little more respect for other people’s opinions. There’s plenty who are genuinely concerned about the club.

Stop with the trolling and please tell us why we should all be happy wee lambs? Living the distance you do from Easter Road, I take you don’t get to many games.

you respected my post so much you omitted to take the admission of my infrequent attendance on board ??? As for trolling lmfao..."glass houses" and all that. You jump in with the tackety boots and make an arse of yourself everytime.

You constantly target and try to take personal issue with others. Now leave it be and concentrate on positive Hibs ephemera

Pretty Boy
27-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Has anyone actually said they are going to throw their ST away? I can recall one post in which somebody said something along the lines off 'I won't be going out my way to use my ST if this style continues'.

I've seen every Hibs game this season (friendlies, LC and league) and been in attendance at all but one. This Saturday coming will be the 2nd game I miss, not because of any protest but because of a prior commitment. I'm pretty much a dream supporter for Hibs; I renew my ST on the 1st day it's possible to do so every season, I buy tickets for all the cup games, I sign up for all the other schemes that cost money and until recently I went to almost every away game and still try to attend at least 9 or 10 a season. In addition to that when I go to games I support, the idea of booing a sub or abusing a player beyond the odd frustrated shout is alien to me.

In saying all of the above that doesn't mean I have to be happy about what I am seeing on the park. We've all been here before with Hibs, a period of relative success followed by a downward spiral. We saw it post Mowbray/Collins and there are fears it is happening again. They may yet prove to be unfounded fears but the warning signs are there. I'd go and watch Hibs playing in the Lowland league so the chances of me 'throwing my ST on the fire' after a few poor performances are slim. However in among some of the inevitable hysteria there are legitimate concerns being raised and I think it's understandable. As a club Hibs are only ever one bad season away from seeing a drop off in ST sales, it could be argued that we are operating at about 25-30% above our 'core support' numbers at the moment. To continue on an upward trajectory we need to maintain those numbers and that only happens if the football on the park is worth watching.

I think it could be argued we are at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. The last few years has seen a lot of promises about the club always striving to kick on, leave no stone unturned in giving ourselves every chance of being the 'best of the rest' and not to fall back into mid table mediocrity or worse. It may be that everything clicks in the next few weeks and we get back on track or it may be we have a season that allows the 'same old Hibs' line to be trotted out again. It's perfectly understandable that fans are nervous and frustrated imo.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 09:33 AM
oh dear

oh and p.s. ST's getting chucked on the fire ? we do like to dramatise a tad eh :greengrin

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 09:33 AM

Good post, talk about blind faith, moaning fans etc there is one common fact - WE ALL CARE!!

hibee19
27-08-2019, 09:39 AM
So the supporters (the only constant in the club) are the only people connected to the club that are fair game to criticise?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Has anyone actually said they are going to throw their ST away? I can recall one post in which somebody said something along the lines off 'I won't be going out my way to use my ST if this style continues'.

I've seen every Hibs game this season (friendlies, LC and league) and been in attendance at all but one. This Saturday coming will be the 2nd game I miss, not because of any protest but because of a prior commitment. I'm pretty much a dream supporter for Hibs; I renew my ST on the 1st day it's possible to do so every season, I buy tickets for all the cup games, I sign up for all the other schemes that cost money and until recently I went to almost every away game and still try to attend at least 9 or 10 a season. In addition to that when I go to games I support, the idea of booing a sub or abusing a player beyond the odd frustrated shout is alien to me.

In saying all of the above that doesn't mean I have to be happy about what I am seeing on the park. We've all been here before with Hibs, a period of relative success followed by a downward spiral. We saw it post Mowbray/Collins and there are fears it is happening again. They may yet prove to be unfounded fears but the warning signs are there. I'd go and watch Hibs playing in the Lowland league so the chances of me 'throwing my ST on the fire' after a few poor performances are slim. However in among some of the inevitable hysteria there are legitimate concerns being raised and I think it's understandable. As a club Hibs are only ever one bad season away from seeing a drop off in ST sales, it could be argued that we are operating at about 25-30% above our 'core support' numbers at the moment. To continue on an upward trajectory we need to maintain those numbers and that only happens if the football on the park is worth watching.

I think it could be argued we are at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. The last few years has seen a lot of promises about the club always striving to kick on, leave no stone unturned in giving ourselves every chance of being the 'best of the rest' and not to fall back into mid table mediocrity or worse. It may be that everything clicks in the next few weeks and we get back on track or it may be we have a season that allows the 'same old Hibs' line to be trotted out again. It's perfectly understandable that fans are nervous and frustrated imo.

I admire your passion and respect your commitment.

As supporters our commitment is vital, not only in a commercial sense but in expressing our love, adoration and belief in the club and importantly the players.
Some on here are just plain negative and of no value to the club.

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:44 AM
oh dear

oh and p.s. ST's getting chucked on the fire ? we do like to dramatise a tad eh :greengrin

Trust me it was said but i can's be arsed trawling for the post ..... love how you pop in with your little sneaky barbs..try contributing something positive

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Trust me it was said but i can's be arsed trawling for the post ..... love how you pop in with your little sneaky barbs..try contributing something positive

oh look at you Mr critical eh....... you appear to know an awfy lot about users on here in such a short time, don't tell me...long time browser eh

i'm away to burn my ST now :rolleyes:

Weegreenman
27-08-2019, 09:47 AM
you respected my post so much you omitted to take the admission of my infrequent attendance on board ??? As for trolling lmfao..."glass houses" and all that. You jump in with the tackety boots and make an arse of yourself everytime.

You constantly target and try to take personal issue with others. Now leave it be and concentrate on positive Hibs ephemera

I’m not questioning anyone’s loyalty but I do question whether or not you’ve actually watched us recently.
I’m a ST holder and been for many years. We’re looking like a very poor outfit as it stands. Our manager is making decisions that make him look like an amateur. I won’t use the blind faith card because doing that in the past has seen us relegated.
Supporters have genuine fears this could happen again if we keep playing the way we are “ dominated at home by St.Johnston” a”humiliating thumping by the Huns” and an “unconvincing win over St Mirren are all warning signs we could well be relegation candidates if we don’t change something quick!

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:51 AM
oh look at you Mr critical eh..........ram yer little witty retorts bawheid:aok: you appear to know an awfy lot about users on here, don't tell me...long time browser eh

i'm away to burn my ST now :rolleyes:

Been posting on here and Bounce since 2002 under different guises as knob ends like you get me banned with your constant baiting. Way back to Keechback you.

I am here to talk hibs..not for a personal argument as you seem to want constantly .so bye

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Been posting on here and Bounce since 2002 under different guises as knob ends like you get me banned with your constant baiting. Way back to Keechback you.

I am here to talk hibs..not for a personal argument as you seem to want constantly .so bye

such a big keyboard eh, you were a chump with your other usernames as well :aok: and as for keechkback > i've absolutely no idea what your on about fool, never visited and never will, try get some new material from the p@shy ones your using just now

Pretty Boy
27-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Well this went well.

Thread closed.

DMH0762
27-08-2019, 09:56 AM
I’m not questioning anyone’s loyalty but I do question whether or not you’ve actually watched us recently.
I’m a ST holder and been for many years. We’re looking like a very poor outfit as it stands. Our manager is making decisions that make him look like an amateur. I won’t use the blind faith card because doing that in the past has seen us relegated.
Supporters have genuine fears this could happen again if we keep playing the way we are “ dominated at home by St.Johnston” a”humiliating thumping by the Huns” and an “unconvincing win over St Mirren are all warning signs we could well be relegation candidates if we don’t change something quick!

i have not seen or attended this season. I am guided by what i get on Hibs TV and what i read on here.
i accept we have been pretty pish if that's what attendees are telling us. My point was/is GET behind the team when we need them most.

deafening silence at ER far as i can hear.... "Sing when you're winning" ????