HibsTalk
26-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Mickey Weir joins Gav and Dave to discuss:

Mickey's thoughts on the current team
St Johnstone Draw
Mickey's career
Motherwell Preview
Your Questions

Was great to hear a Hibs fan talk so passionately about the club and how he felt so privileged to have run out in the green and white. Hope you enjoy!
GGTTH
@HFCTalk

https://hibstalk.com/mickeyweir/

matty_f
26-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Will give this a listen in the morning, look forward to it. :aok:

HibsTalk
27-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Links to the pod!

Apple–
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811#episodeGuid=d45c33752f274f499fc8a192c cc320c2

Spotify-
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5DM5jjwRcSQ9b3WPYnyAUi?si=b0MFiqXfRcO6vbB4F-lxYA

YouTube-
https://youtu.be/fsIsQn0bC6c

Web-
HibsTalk.com/MickeyWeir

HibsTalk
27-08-2019, 09:26 PM
What did folk think of Mickey on the pod? I was trying to concentrate on hosting but got wrapped up in how passionately he talks about Hibs. And he was an absolute gent!

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2019, 09:30 PM
He spoke well. Tended to go off on tangents when answering some of the questions I thought though.

And I was curious about what he thinks he learns from watching old games from the old days back 😂

Well done on getting him on - it was good to hear a different voice. :aok:

matty_f
27-08-2019, 09:46 PM
I enjoyed it. He clearly loves Hibs, was good to hear him talking about his time at the club.

Stantons Angel
27-08-2019, 11:10 PM
i thought he came over very well. He spoke from the heart of hi time as a player in the green an white of Hibs.

He clearly has a lot of respect for Pat Stanton as a player and his manager and thats not changed any over the years.

I remember being at Fir Park when he played for Motherwell and scored against us. The body language said it all!

He is a remarkable ambassedor for the club and im glad that he took time out to get his back sorted. I know he was in a lot of pain because of it after being kicked up and down the field of play over the years.

I used to hate when we were playing Airdrie, they roughed him up on many an occasion, even getting him stretchered off at Easter Road once. He was maybe small in stature but he has a big heart and would have ran through brick walls for Hibs.

Hearing him speak of the club and what it meant to him with such passion still just shows how much he loves them.

Im sure he enjoyed doing the podcast and i hope you ask him back again. Im sure he has plenty stories to tell.

Well done all.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2019, 05:15 AM
Fantastic job - getting Mickey for over 1.5 hours!!! Hibee nirvana

lyonhibs
28-08-2019, 05:31 AM
One of my 2 absolute childhood Hibs heros. Will give this a listen later.

HibsTalk
28-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Fantastic job - getting Mickey for over 1.5 hours!!! Hibee nirvanaWe finished recording at 5 then at 6 we were still standing talking about Hibs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

HibsTalk
28-08-2019, 06:44 AM
One of my 2 absolute childhood Hibs heros. Will give this a listen later.Who was the other and I'll see what I can do [emoji6]

HibsTalk
28-08-2019, 06:46 AM
i thought he came over very well. He spoke from the heart of hi time as a player in the green an white of Hibs.

He clearly has a lot of respect for Pat Stanton as a player and his manager and thats not changed any over the years.

I remember being at Fir Park when he played for Motherwell and scored against us. The body language said it all!

He is a remarkable ambassedor for the club and im glad that he took time out to get his back sorted. I know he was in a lot of pain because of it after being kicked up and down the field of play over the years.

I used to hate when we were playing Airdrie, they roughed him up on many an occasion, even getting him stretchered off at Easter Road once. He was maybe small in stature but he has a big heart and would have ran through brick walls for Hibs.

Hearing him speak of the club and what it meant to him with such passion still just shows how much he loves them.

Im sure he enjoyed doing the podcast and i hope you ask him back again. Im sure he has plenty stories to tell.

Well done all.Yeah it was a real shame about his back. Would have been interesting to see him doing more coaching/management.

Yeah he'll be on again to tell more stories.

lyonhibs
28-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Who was the other and I'll see what I can do [emoji6]

Keith Wright Wright Wright

Langlee Hibs
28-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Really good listen. Would love 11 like him on the pitch every week.

Smartie
28-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Really good listen. Would love 11 like him on the pitch every week.

We'd probably lose a few goals from corners though.

Baader
28-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Love Mickey. A Hibs hero. Always remembering seeing him on the open top bus in 1991 as I was stood just down from The Guildford Arms at the East End of Princes St. Mickey was loving it!

JXM73
28-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Great podcast, answered my question and even put my mind at ease over current situation... guy loves hibs...

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Good to hear him praising Brian Hamilton

HibsTalk
28-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Love Mickey. A Hibs hero. Always remembering seeing him on the open top bus in 1991 as I was stood just down from The Guildford Arms at the East End of Princes St. Mickey was loving it!That's just it. If he wasn't on the the bus he would have been where you were watching his team parade the cup. One of the nicest ex players I've met.

The 90+2
28-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Love Mickey. A Hibs hero. Always remembering seeing him on the open top bus in 1991 as I was stood just down from The Guildford Arms at the East End of Princes St. Mickey was loving it!

Very weirdly that’s where I got took too! All the fans steaming back from the top of Waverley steps to see the bus.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 04:54 AM
I remember back in 1972 the players were on the balcony of the old North British Hotel with the League Cup at Waterloo Place

That was after getting on the bus at the Maybury and parading the Cup through Jambo territory and along Princes Street the place was rammed

Halcyon days!

Carheenlea
30-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Enjoyed this a lot. I’m 49 so saw all of Mickey Weir’s time at Hibs and was a firm favourite. He speaks well and is interesting to listen to. Hopefully he can get back and do his coaching badges as he has a lot he can still offer to the game, particularly when he talked about how much he enjoyed working with young players.