PDA

View Full Version : Leeanne Leaving ? (No, she's not.)

Pages : [1] 2

Kojock
26-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Rumours on social media saying Leeanne is offski and someone closer to Ron being appointed. She certainly didn’t look comfortable beside him at Saturdays game.

Tarrahib
26-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Rumours on social media saying Leeanne is offski and someone closer to Ron being appointed. She certainly didn’t look comfortable beside him at Saturdays game.
Ibrox?

Jim44
26-08-2019, 07:09 AM
I’ve already posted about the out of the blue comment by Tam Cowan, recently, that LD will be an EPL CEO and sooner than a lot may think. Make of it what you want.

DetroitHibs
26-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Good

Onion
26-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Really hope not. She has been sensational for Hibs and is our main link to successful recent past.

Ron, Hecky and all his signings have done zero so far to move us forward and they have zero affinity with the club. Hecky in particular just doesn't get Hibs or the fans.

Worrying times for the club.

Niffy
26-08-2019, 07:21 AM
Really hope not. She has been sensational for Hibs and is our main link to successful recent past.

Ron, Hecky and all his signings have done zero so far to move us forward and they have zero affinity with the club. Hecky in particular just doesn't get Hibs or the fans.

You say that as if Ron hired PH

lyonhibs
26-08-2019, 07:22 AM

Where does this come from, that especially Heckingbottom doesn't "get" Hibs or the fans? Because he doesn't chest thump in post match interviews or played Allan on the right? Did he not "get" Hibs when we won at Tynecastle for the first time in 6 years last season?

His "vision" for the style of all he wants us to play certainly hasn't come to fruition yet, but I'm feeling I've missed something if he's being judged to completely not get the club or fans :confused:

bingo70
I’ve said before that I take reassurance from a familiar face being at the club and making sure nothing dodgy is going on with the new owner so from a cautious fan perspective I’d be a bit concerned about her leaving.

From more of a ‘**** it, what can go wrong’ perspective it’s maybe a bit exciting that Ron has now had time to establish what’s going on, his new era could be about to really kick in now. I’ve been more than a bit concerned with this transfer window so it’s maybe a bit reassuring Ron has been too and wants to make wholesale changes to the club.

MagicSwirlingShip
It’s not as if the good work Leanne has done leaves with her. She would leave behind all the progress made and the next in line could pick up and build upon the success.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2019, 07:23 AM
Has big ron made any kind of appearence since his first week

neil7908
26-08-2019, 07:24 AM
Would be very concerned if that's the case.

Heisenberg
26-08-2019, 07:24 AM

Yes. Been back twice I’m sure. Was at the game at the weekend.

I’d be worried about LD leaving purely because we’d be right into the unknown. A new owner with his own person in charge pulling the strings could be good but it could also be a disaster.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2019, 07:25 AM

He was at the game on Saturday.

hibsquaker
26-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Worrying times

wallpaperman
26-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Hecky in particular just doesn't get Hibs or the fans.

Hate this phrase, very cringey and Celtic-esque.

I’m giving him the first 11 games once we’ve played everyone to pass any sort of judgement, we’re only 3 league games in.

One Day Soon
26-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Well she's been excellent for us, there's no doubt about that.

Everyone has their shelf life I suppose both in terms of what they can deliver for the club and in respect of what is good for them.

I tend to take the view that when any employee leaves it is a bit like when players leave, it is always an opportunity to bring in someone else who is either better or who can add something to the team you've got that you didn't have before.

The_Horde
26-08-2019, 07:33 AM
If she's been headhunted by an EPL side and wants it there's not much we can do.

Think this rumour smells maroon though.

Forza Fred
Hope she is not going anywhere.
The club were an absolute basket case when she was appointed, and we won the cup under her stewardship.
If she goes, she’ll certainly go with my best wishes.

The Harp Awakes
Good

I think LD has been a big success at Hibs but can't help but feel a bit of complacency is creeping in. She has not been as prominent recently and maybe things have gone a bit stale. Beginning to look like she has made a very poor managerial appointment.

Hiber-nation
I’ve already posted about the out of the blue comment by Tam Cowan, recently, that LD will be an EPL CEO and sooner than a lot may think. Make of it what you want.

I remember that but to be fair Tam once admitted that he'd hardly watched an EPL game in his life.

JXM73
26-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Maybe the new guy is a property developer, i really need to see to this paranoia lol is there enough shares held elsewhere to stop ER being sold for flats?

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2019, 07:39 AM
He was at the game on Saturday.

Cheers....at least thats a good sign

Crammond Hibee
26-08-2019, 07:41 AM

Ron didn’t appoint the manager

we are hibs
26-08-2019, 07:44 AM
No one is irreplaceable.

Hibs4185
26-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Although she hasn’t got everything right recently, I am one of her biggest fans and I hope this isn’t true. STF selling up brought major upheaval and concern quite rightly, and this would only add to the uncertainty.

Cataplana
26-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Given the poor performance of the team, is that surprising?

Cataplana
26-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Maybe the new guy is a property developer, i really need to see to this paranoia lol is there enough shares held elsewhere to stop ER being sold for flats?

You don't think he's another Romanov do you?

:hmmm:

GreenCastle
26-08-2019, 07:57 AM
No one is irreplaceable.

Messi ?

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-08-2019, 08:15 AM
You don't think he's another Romanov do you?

:hmmm:

There better be a room full of cardboard boxes ready to be sent to the planning dept. :cb

flash
26-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Give the manager a break. Am sure he known by now what most of us thought about his decisions on Saturday but the relentless negativity doesn't help anybody.

banchoryhibs
26-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Nobody is irreplaceable but it would take someone very special to replace Leeann. She puts in huge shifts and has recently cancelled holidays to do the needful for the club.
She would be a huge loss.
And would she take George Craig with her? Losing one would be difficult, losing both would create a crisis.

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2019, 08:38 AM
I like Leeann but I don't think she'll be as big a loss as people think.

Who knows, maybe the new CEO will bring back loyalty points :duck:

Squirrel 1875
26-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Not opposed to this. If this is what it takes to get Ron’s vision for the club off the ground then go for it.

Leeann has been great for the club. Has it gone a bit stagnant? Possibly. As for George Craig, if he leaves as well then it could refresh things. Let’s nit forget, he has had a fair few bad transfer windows now...

26-08-2019, 08:40 AM
I think LD has been a big success at Hibs but can't help but feel a bit of complacency is creeping in. She has not been as prominent recently and maybe things have gone a bit stale. Beginning to look like she has made a very poor managerial appointment.

How has she not been as prominent? Has she not been going to the matches? She was certainly at the last one.

Also, she was at an HSL meeting just a couple of weeks ago as mention on another thread.
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341370-Hibernian-Supporters-Meeting-at-Sunnyside

Togs91
26-08-2019, 08:41 AM
I like Leeann but I don't think she'll be as big a loss as people think.

Who knows, maybe the new CEO will bring back loyalty points :duck:

Can of worms, meet can opener.

Leanne dug us out the depths, has been one of the best hibs appointments. If any of this is true i can only hope she is going because she has been offered a job she couldnt turn down,andbecause she is leaving us in good nick. Hopefully not jumping ship because she thinks its about to sink under the new skipper.

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2019, 08:42 AM
I'd rather have Leeanns vision than Rons, really sad and worrying day if she leaves.

BoomtownHibees
26-08-2019, 08:43 AM
I'd rather have Leeanns vision than Rons, really sad and worrying day if she leaves.

What are their visions?

26-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Can of worms, meet can opener.

Leanne dug us out the depths, has been one of the best hibs appointments. If any of this is true i can only hope she is going because she has been offered a job she couldnt turn down,andbecause she is leaving us in good nick. Hopefully not jumping ship because she thinks its about to sink under the new skipper.

I don't think that's her style. She doesn't strike me as the type to jump ship at the first sign of adversity.

Has anyone got a link to where this rumour started? It could easily be a Jambo making mischief, I can't find anything.

Gatecrasher
26-08-2019, 08:49 AM
What are their visions?

To sell the stadium for flats and move us into a ground share with hearts on the outskirts of the city.

Diclonius
26-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Dempster's vision: Compete on the park and win stuff
Gordon's vision: Presumably also compete on the park and win stuff?

J-C
26-08-2019, 08:56 AM

Gordon was quoted as saying he wants us to be the best of the rest, to me that's getting 3rd spot, right now that looks miles away and we'll be lucky to get top 6 at this rate. Heckingbottom is Dempster's choice and at the moment it's beginning to look like she's got this one totally wrong, Gordon won't be happy with how it's panning out so far, he may feel he has someone who can do a better job than LD and why she may be thinking about moving.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Worrying times

Said it before Rod will take her to sort out the sfa.

Worrying times indeed..

The Modfather
26-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Can you elaborate on what the differences are in their visions?

MacGruber
26-08-2019, 09:03 AM
The anxiousness is transferring from the fans forums to the boardroom. This is our fault

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2019, 09:05 AM
hopefully the life-time ER ban on a young guy that had a rush of blood to the head will have his ridiculous sentence reduced

after a wee rehabilitation course of course :wink:

p.s. thanks for that SC :flag:

bingo70

That’s the end result, it’s how we get there I’m interested to hear more from Ron about.

Presumably though it’s not a question of Ron or Leeanne’s vision, it’s whoever replaces her that will be the one we hear the vision from.

Presumably if it's Rons guy he must have a lot of faith in them given he’s trusting them with a club he’s just invested £6m in.

Monts
Messi ?

I don't think we could afford him, and I don't think he has the expertise to replace Leeann anyway

Iain G
26-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Gordon was quoted as saying he wants us to be the best of the rest, to me that's getting 3rd spot, right now that looks miles away and we'll be lucky to get top 6 at this rate. Heckingbottom is Dempster's choice and at the moment it's beginning to look like she's got this one totally wrong, Gordon won't be happy with how it's panning out so far, he may feel he has someone who can do a better job than LD and why she may be thinking about moving.

All complete conjecture on your behalf of course!

Am sure he is assessing the whole Hibs operation and the landscape of Scottish football at present and his man on the board will be involved in the day to day running of the club.

Then once he completed that he can implement his plan to rebrand us as Edinburgh Peruvian FC and use as as his vehicle to import knock off Inca artworks into Scotland.

The Modfather
26-08-2019, 09:08 AM
The anxiousness is transferring from the fans forums to the boardroom. This is our fault

The anxiousness is bore out of what we are witnessing. It’s up to the boardroom to deliver and lead, not the other way about.

Weegreenman
26-08-2019, 09:14 AM
I like LD but she needs to do more regards getting a better atmosphere into the stadium. We’ve had the most ST holders ever but It’s all went a bit stale since the cup win. New ideas are needed but I don’t think she’s been listening. Some would say resting on our laurels.

She could do with having a wee read of the match day experience thread. Loads of brilliant ideas on that.

Come on Leeann, help get the place bouncing again! :flag:

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-08-2019, 09:15 AM
It’s not as if the good work Leanne has done leaves with her. She would leave behind all the progress made and the next in line could pick up and build upon the success.

I would imagine Motherwell said the same when she left them after back to back 2nd place finishes. They’ve been consistently closer to relegation than 2nd place since she left them though.

J-C
26-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Am sure he is assessing the whole Hibs operation and the landscape of Scottish football at present and his man on the board will be involved in the day to day running of the club.

Then once he completed that he can implement his plan to rebrand us as Edinburgh Peruvian FC and use as as his vehicle to import knock off Inca artworks into Scotland.

Taken from his initial press statements

“Hibs are very solid in the top half and I think we need to be in the top three every year. That has to be our goal.”

The rest is obviously conjecture as I'm not on the board or have insider knowledge but I would've thought that posting like this on this forum it was plain to see that it was IMHO.

MacGruber
26-08-2019, 09:22 AM
The anxiousness is bore out of what we are witnessing. It’s up to the boardroom to deliver and lead, not the other way about.

I know - it was tongue in cheek jibe at Hecky blaming the fans, it wasn't very funny granted!

The_Horde
26-08-2019, 09:24 AM
She's going nowhere. Not today anyway.

MacGruber
26-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Losing Leanne would be a potential disaster. Best piece of recruitment since relegation, including Stubbs, Lennon, John mcGinn et all.

Cataplana
26-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Nothing like rewriting the evidence to fit the conclusion you want to reach. I believe he wants us to win the Champions League within five years, buggered if I can find a quote that would back that up though.

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2019, 09:28 AM

Except one of them has no experience in football and the other has done a brilliant job for years at 2 different clubs.

The Modfather
26-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Except one of them has no experience in football and the other has done a brilliant job for years at 2 different clubs.

That’s not what you said though, you said:

“I’d rather have Dempster’s vision than Ron’s”

What are the differences in their visions?

JimBHibees
26-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Where does this come from, that especially Heckingbottom doesn't "get" Hibs or the fans? Because he doesn't chest thump in post match interviews or played Allan on the right? Did he not "get" Hibs when we won at Tynecastle for the first time in 6 years last season?

His "vision" for the style of all he wants us to play certainly hasn't come to fruition yet, but I'm feeling I've missed something if he's being judged to completely not get the club or fans :confused:

Totally agree. Personally think he comes over really well in most interviews I have seen and seems genuinely enthusiastic to be here. There is no getting away from it some of the performances haven't been as good as most would want and certainly open to some question however don't see anything in what he has done to question anything else. As you say the win at Tynecastle was very good.

bingo70
26-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Ron has just made a significant investment in the club, he’s going to want his own people in the important positions IMO..

I’m sure Dempster and Heckingbottom both realise that and will just be doing the best job they can until the time comes when the inevitable happens. If Heckingbottom does an excellent job it would mean there isn’t the same urgency to replace him but as long as he’s just treading water (and that’s being polite) he’s a dead man walking imo.

hibbydad
26-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Ibrox?
I heard Manchester

SonOfDavidFrancey
26-08-2019, 09:46 AM
I think she is a pretty extraordinary CEO and would be surprised if the EPL wasn’t the next stop.

chrisski33
26-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Why does it mean deoom and gloom if she leaves? We might go on to be stronger! Looks lime she didnt do well picking heckingbottom so far

bingo70
26-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Why does it mean deoom and gloom if she leaves? We might go on to be stronger! Looks lime she didnt do well picking heckingbottom so far

This definitely falls into the unpopular opinion but I do feel that there’s almost a patronising tone to some of the over the top praise she’s got as she’s a female in what’s perceived to be a mans world.

I like her, think she’s done a good job and I hope she stays but I don’t think she’s as important as a lot of people make out.

She’s replaceable in the same way everyone is replaceable, I think there’s something in the theory that people in that position have a certain amount of time before the club benefits from a new broom sweeping through the club.

Beefster
26-08-2019, 09:58 AM
If she goes and to an EPL club then, fair play, she’s more than earned it. I’d be sorry to see her go. Given the takeover, it was always a risk that she’d go within a year or so.

PS it’s Leeann. If she does go, hopefully the next CEO has a name that can only be spelled one way. Like Finlay or something.

hibbydad
26-08-2019, 09:58 AM
This definitely falls into the unpopular opinion but I do feel that there’s almost a patronising tone to some of the over the top praise she’s got as she’s a female in what’s perceived to be a mans world.

I like her, think she’s done a good job and I hope she stays but I don’t think she’s as important as a lot of people make out.

She’s replaceable in the same way everyone is replaceable, I think there’s something in the theory that people in that position have a certain amount of time before the club benefits from a new broom sweeping through the club.
I completely agree with you bingo 70 I think after a while it needs a new broom

Jim44
26-08-2019, 10:00 AM
If she goes and to an EPL club then, fair play, she’s more than earned it. I’d be sorry to see her go. Given the takeover, it was always a risk that she’d go within a year or so.

PS it’s Leeann. If she does go, hopefully the next CEO has a name that can only be spelled one way. Like Finlay or something.

Is that a subliminal reference ........... I reckon you know more than most. :greengrin

Diclonius
26-08-2019, 10:02 AM

I hope Scott Allen becomes CEO as well as player as I think Alan has all the attributes to succeed off the pitch as well as on it. I'd feel a lot more secure about the Hibes' future if Allin was in charge. Can you imagine it? Scotty Allyn player-CEO!

Also, he should hire Dylan Mcgepijsepojspobjspojgposjgpepoch as his assistant.

bingo70
26-08-2019, 10:03 AM

I think this is something we can all get behind. When I come on Hibs.net to have a rant I don’t want to have to think about how to spell.

Same applies to the new manager, next time can we get one without such a silly name please?

Leighanne and Heckingbum out......

hibbyfraelibby
26-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Ibrox?

To replace the "un-reliable" witness if rumours sre to be believed

Greenworld
26-08-2019, 10:12 AM

She’s replaceable in the same way everyone is replaceable, I think there’s something in the theory that people in that position have a certain amount of time before the club benefits from a new broom sweeping through the club.100% and Ron Gordon said in his first interview that people can fear change. There is no need someone else can come in with a new invigorised passion

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Torto7
26-08-2019, 10:16 AM

Absolutely. The virtue signallers are all over that one. She doesn't need patronising praise as she's proven herself as a capable business woman.

In general she's done a good job not a spectacular one.

For a competent person like Leeann taking over when she did was the best time to do so. The club was a shambles and she was able to get it back to where it should be.

I'll forever be grateful for the role she played in getting things sorted and giving us that special day in May and I'll be sad if she goes but that doesn't mean we can't replace her with another CEO with fresh ideas.

The Leith Dutch
26-08-2019, 10:36 AM
When she joined we'd just been relegated iirc.
She punted Butcher decisively (and if they did a DVD of that I'd buy a copy....)
She's overseen a SC win, promotion (albeit at the third time of asking), an increase in attendances and great season ticket numbers.

Not irreplaceable as many have pointed out but she's certainly been a major part of an upturn in Hibs fortunes and I for one would be concerned were she to leave.
She's a part of the previous administration who, for all it's failings, we knew had the best interests of the club at heart.

I know very little about Ron Gordon and at the moment any trust is being vouched for by STF and RP.
Doesn't mean he's bad but I'd be concerned about changing the Owner, The Chief Executive and likely the Manager within such a short space of time.

Iain G
26-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Nothing like rewriting the evidence to fit the conclusion you want to reach. I believe he wants us to win the Champions League within five years, buggered if I can find a quote that would back that up though.

I have seen the evidence, there were several Llamas coming off a PeruAir plane at Edinburgh airport carrying wooden crates addressed from "Machu Pichu Knock Offs limited" to Ron Gordon, Edinburgh Peruvian FC, Easter Road. Apparantley he gets a Daily Llama delivery...

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Not too fussed either way, however what concerns me is we get someone else who doesn't understand the game here, and we start to become "americanised"

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2019, 10:43 AM
That’s not what you said though, you said:

“I’d rather have Dempster’s vision than Ron’s”

What are the differences in their visions?

I don't know. Right now I'd rather the experienced person with the proven records vision, though.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2019, 10:44 AM
She's done a good job, I'd rather she didn't leave at this time but some of the hyperbole is rivalling the hysteria about the manager.

emerald green
26-08-2019, 10:47 AM
"Rumours on social media" lol. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 10:50 AM
She has done good things no doubt, however there are things that need to be addressed like turnstile issues, ticketing issues, but no comment made. The lack of communication is startling considering the current issues

Frankhfc
26-08-2019, 10:50 AM
I'd be sorry to see Leanne go but would wish her the very best if she does. Her time at ER under Sir Tom and Petrie has been very successful and maybe the time is right for her to move on now especially with a new owner in place who might be looking to install his own appointments.

Prof. Shaggy
26-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Absolutely. The virtue signallers are all over that one. She doesn't need patronising praise as she's proven herself as a capable business woman.

In general she's done a good job not a spectacular one.

For a competent person like Leeann taking over when she did was the best time to do so. The club was a shambles and she was able to get it back to where it should be.

I'll forever be grateful for the role she played in getting things sorted and giving us that special day in May and I'll be sad if she goes but that doesn't mean we can't replace her with another CEO with fresh ideas.

The what??

matty_f
26-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Not too fussed either way, however what concerns me is we get someone else who doesn't understand the game here, and we start to become "americanised"

The bigger worry should be that we get someone who does understand the game here and we stay the same.

Cataplana
26-08-2019, 10:56 AM
I have seen the evidence, there were several Llamas coming off a PeruAir plane at Edinburgh airport carrying wooden crates addressed from "Machu Pichu Knock Offs limited" to Ron Gordon, Edinburgh Peruvian FC, Easter Road. Apparantley he gets a Daily Llama delivery...

Good spot, if they were bound for a different stadium they would probably have been addressed to the Dalry Llama.

Cataplana
26-08-2019, 10:58 AM
When she joined we'd just been relegated iirc.
She punted Butcher decisively (and if they did a DVD of that I'd buy a copy....)
She's overseen a SC win, promotion (albeit at the third time of asking), an increase in attendances and great season ticket numbers.

Not irreplaceable as many have pointed out but she's certainly been a major part of an upturn in Hibs fortunes and I for one would be concerned were she to leave.
She's a part of the previous administration who, for all it's failings, we knew had the best interests of the club at heart.

I know very little about Ron Gordon and at the moment any trust is being vouched for by STF and RP.
Doesn't mean he's bad but I'd be concerned about changing the Owner, The Chief Executive and likely the Manager within such a short space of time.

Those things tend to happen when you get a change of owner.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 10:59 AM
The bigger worry should be that we get someone who does understand the game here and we stay the same.

I want to hear the club vision Matty. We must build on all the good things that has happened in the last 3 years. Not go backwards

CloudSquall
26-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Great job done at the beginning of her time at Hibs, making the decision to get rid of Butcher and bring in Stubbs and support and lead on the numerous changes around the club that led to our return to the top flight and the cup win.

If she goes however I'm not particularly fussed at this stage, I think we would easily find someone to step in and match and exceed her current output and it might be preferable to have someone new in given Ron's takeover.

Heisenberg
26-08-2019, 11:07 AM
I would assume if there’s nothing in it Hibs/LD will come out and deny the rumours. I excepted the takeover rumours to be quashed and that never came (obviously as they were true).

jax67
26-08-2019, 11:10 AM
I heard Manchester

I heard Manchester too, could be one of a number of clubs in the Manchester area, if true.

lord bunberry
26-08-2019, 11:13 AM
She has been brilliant for us, but in the past year it feels like things have gone a bit stale. The fact that we’ve blown all that money on a cctv system and the fact we’ve not got a sponsor doesn’t look good when the team aren’t performing well. The nonsense with the singing section hasn’t been handled well either, maybe it’s just time for her to move on.

matty_f
26-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I want to hear the club vision Matty. We must build on all the good things that has happened in the last 3 years. Not go backwards

Agreed mate, we’re a completely different club to the one that was relegated, that should be the starting point to build from.

The Harp Awakes
26-08-2019, 11:17 AM
How has she not been as prominent? Has she not been going to the matches? She was certainly at the last one.

Also, she was at an HSL meeting just a couple of weeks ago as mention on another thread.
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341370-Hibernian-Supporters-Meeting-at-Sunnyside

I'm comparing to the early years of her reign where she was much more prominent. Certainly since Ron took over we've seen more of her, but she admitted herself in a meeting I attended at the start of the year that she had been working more behind the scenes.

I'm Spartacus
26-08-2019, 11:20 AM
If she goes then I expect PH to be gone before the next transfer window, Ron flexing some muscle at last.

WhileTheChief..
26-08-2019, 11:32 AM
I like her, she's been good for us but I think the time is about right for her to move on with our thanks.

The Man Utd job would obviously be an excellent one for her and I wish her all the best.

I think there should probably be a bit of a shake up in the boardroom too. Decent folk but they've been there for donkey's years.

Time for Ron to put his people and plans in place for the future.

ian cruise
Any reported interest from Sunderland yet?

DarlingtonHibee
I heard Manchester

Source, aye right...

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Boats and hoes. A dream come true.

Hibeesmad
26-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Thought she would have left the end of last season to be honest. I am grateful for everything she has done for our club, but with a new owner in maybe a fresh set of eyes around the place could be a good thing.

supermcginn
26-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Salford City.

bingo70
26-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Salford City.

Is that a guess based on the location close to Manchester or have you heard something?

Bangkok Hibby
26-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Saw what you did there 😂😂😂

supermcginn
26-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Is that a guess based on the location close to Manchester or have you heard something?

Bit of both.

Jim44
26-08-2019, 11:48 AM

I don’t know about that ....... root beer and popcorn has a certain ring to it which mince pie and bovril doesn’t have. :greengrin Seriously, tho’, Ron Gordon has to tailor his product to his market and customers and I don’t see him going out on a limb with daft innovations.

FilipinoHibs
26-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Don't know if there is any truth in the Rumour but Amerucans move quickly in business. Sure there has been a through audit all ready and come up with a major overhaul. Expect lots of changes with many key people leaving. Don't think PH will get much longer if things do not pick up quickly. Spent 15 years working for US companies mainly based in UK.

broondog
26-08-2019, 11:53 AM
new owner wants to hire his own people. I for one am completely shocked......

get a grip, how does anyone even know this change will be negative. not worried at all.

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2019, 11:56 AM
new owner wants to hire his own people. I for one am completely shocked......

get a grip, how does anyone even know this change will be negative. not worried at all.

How do you know it will be positive? Its totally unknown, thats the problem. Leeann has a proven record.

bingo70
26-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Anyone know if Archie Paton has been in the building yet?

He seemed quite an interesting name to be appointed non executive director but I don’t really know what that role entails.

Be interesting to know if he’s still advising Ron or if that was just for the period of the takeover.

Peevemor
26-08-2019, 12:01 PM
While she probably didn't get 100% her own way under STF/RP, it looks like Leeann got pretty much a free reign.

Yes, she has been noticably quieter this year, but that could be down to new projects being put on hold given the impending buy out.

I would be happy for her to stay and work with Ron (assuming they can work together) but I'd be fairly surprised if she did, at least in the long term.

Peevemor
26-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Anyone know if Archie Paton has been in the building yet?

He seemed quite an interesting name to be appointed non executive director but I don’t really know what that role entails.

Be interesting to know if he’s still advising Ron or if that was just for the period of the takeover.

I doubt it as there would be no need to have him on the board. It looks to me that he's Ron's man in the boardroom for the times when he's not around.

Ozyhibby
26-08-2019, 12:08 PM
I’m not that surprised. The commercial side of the club seems to be failing big time so hardly a surprise that a new owner might want to make changes.
It should not take away from the massive job Leeann Dempster done after the absolute shambles Petrie had made as CEO of the club.
Who know what the future will bring but I think they need to get on with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-08-2019, 12:08 PM
You can't live your life in fear of the unknown. Things change, people change and life moves on. How many people on here still work in the same role as they did at the start of their working life? If you were promoted and climbed a ladder at some point that required someone to take a chance on you.

We can't be paralysed by fear about what we don't know. LD has done a good job for Hibs but who's to say the next person in won't be an improvement? That's just as possible as them being a total disaster.

As it is we don't have anything other than a few social media rumours to go on. I don't 100% get the mentality of 'we know what we have with Leeann' though. If we think like that nothing will ever change.

Real Emerald
26-08-2019, 12:18 PM
I’m not opposed to a new regime, as has been said Leeann has done a fantastic job but getting a new owner with new ideas will want to do things his own way. IF she does go, I hope that any new regime will be determined to focus on getting a great football team on the park first and foremost. All the other projects we’re branching out into (good as they are) can take a back seat for a bit and we can concentrate on winning games and looking after the fans who come to the games.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2019, 12:44 PM
Salford City.

That would be a huge step down. A small ex player ran football club in Manchester overshadowed by the two big city clubs. They do not need someone like LD, they have the class of 92 looking after the club.

Smartie
26-08-2019, 12:47 PM
That would be a huge step down. A small ex player ran football club in Manchester overshadowed by the two big city clubs. They do not need someone like LD, they have the class of 92 looking after the club.

I think she deserves better than to spend every minute of her working day trying not to punch Gary Neville.

Monts
26-08-2019, 12:49 PM

What do you mean by 'americanised'? Genuine question, I'm not having a go.

hibbydad
26-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Source, aye right...
Heard it in the Hibs club prior to the HSL meeting on wednesday Darlington

Peevemor
26-08-2019, 12:54 PM
What do you mean by 'americanised'? Genuine question, I'm not having a go.

https://www.facebook.com/usasoccerguyofficial/

https://www.facebook.com/TheSoccerGuy1/

Brizo
26-08-2019, 01:15 PM
She's done a good job at Hibs, got a lot more right than she's got wrong but like others I don't get the hyperbole that she's been "extraordinary" or "fantastic"

Her direct engagement with the support has certainly dropped off in recent years and I don't buy it that she's been so busy behind the scenes to interact with the fans. Rons takeover was low key to say the least and I thought that both of them missed a PR opportunity to create a real buzz and feelgood factor around it.

I would prefer if she stayed in post as her years of Scottish football experience and local knowledge are definite assets. It will be interesting to see if Ron views her as a figure of positive continuity or a leftover from the old regime

Hermit Crab
26-08-2019, 01:18 PM
She's done a good job at Hibs, got a lot more right than she's got wrong but like others I don't get the hyperbole that she's been "extraordinary" or "fantastic"

Her direct engagement with the support has certainly dropped off in recent years and I don't buy it that she's been so busy behind the scenes to interact with the fans. Rons takeover was low key to say the least and I thought that both of them missed a PR opportunity to create a real buzz and feelgood factor around it.

I would prefer if she stayed in post as her years of Scottish football experience and local knowledge are definite assets. It will be interesting to see if Ron views her as a figure of positive continuity or a leftover from the old regime

Her stubbornness and mismanagement over the whole LP's situation has stuck in the throats of a number of fans. Still don't think she should leave though.

matty_f
26-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Her stubbornness and mismanagement over the whole LP's situation has stuck in the throats of a number of fans. Still don't think she should leave though.

A small, vocal, number of fans.

The Modfather
26-08-2019, 01:22 PM

I get what you mean about becoming “Americanised”, but could the flip side not also be a fresh outlook evaluating Scottish football. We might see things like everything being weighted to maintain the Old Firm status quo, sectarianism, ticket prices, match day experience, catering, under selling our game and sponsorship etc etc looked at and challenged from the way it has always been.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Its more than a small number, you know that.

Diclonius
26-08-2019, 01:26 PM

A small vocal number of fans were responsible for the complete abandonment of loyalty points in the first place.

The Modfather
26-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Its more than a small number, you know that.

Still a minority though.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2019, 01:28 PM
A small vocal number of fans were responsible for the complete abandonment of loyalty points in the first place.

:agree:, those who knew the rules but were only big game attendees and when they found out they couldn't get tickets under the new system they threw a hissy until LD gave in to them. Bet you Ron won't be dictated to like that. :greengrin

scoopyboy
26-08-2019, 01:28 PM
You can't live your life in fear of the unknown. Things change, people change and life moves on. How many people on here still work in the same role as they did at the start of their working life? If you were promoted and climbed a ladder at some point that required someone to take a chance on you.

We can't be paralysed by fear about what we don't know. LD has done a good job for Hibs but who's to say the next person in won't be an improvement? That's just as possible as them being a total disaster.

As it is we don't have anything other than a few social media rumours to go on. I don't 100% get the mentality of 'we know what we have with Leeann' though. If we think like that nothing will ever change.

Best post by some distance on this thread, especially the highlighted bit.

School of thought at my work that in positions of responsibility then three to five years should be the maximum period of that position. A good manager will move on or stagnate in which case its time to be replaced.

I appreciate football is different to industry in general but I think it applies to Leeann's position.

I think she has done a good job but two years ago I would have said she had done an exceptional job, maybe it is time for change.

I personally am nervous of change but accept it has to happen.

STF had to sell the club at some point and we have to hope that the new owner can take the club forward.

The same philosophy put forward by Pretty Boy also applies to players. Many posters go up in arms when someone suggests a new signing to replace Lewis Stevenson, but if you keep the same players you will never get any better when they have reached their peak. By the way I only used Lewis as an example, could equally have used others.

26-08-2019, 01:36 PM

Ron's first action to "Americanise" Hibs, rename the stadium the Hyper Bowl.

The_Horde
26-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Ron's first action to "Americanise" Hibs, rename the stadium the Hyper Bowl.

Surely the Hi-Bees nest?

Turn our strips to yellow and black to create a buzz around the place..

broondog
26-08-2019, 01:52 PM
How do you know it will be positive? Its totally unknown, thats the problem. Leeann has a proven record.

I don’t and thats my Point. Nobody knows if this will be positive or negative .its anyone’s guess, I was only saying it’s normal for the new leader to appoint his own people.he may be the best thing to happen in the clubs history, he may lead us into administration, there may be a slight improvement, we may stay the same, we may get slightly worse. You’re assuming,I’m doing the opposite. Obviously you have fundamentally misunderstood my point. Please read and take in the post before commenting on it.

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2019, 01:54 PM

Come on, lets not pretend loyalty points isn't a big issues. Club should never have got rid.

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2019, 01:57 PM
What about the Cup Top Up? 😁

matty_f
26-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Come on, lets not pretend loyalty points isn't a big issues. Club should never have got rid.

It’s only important to the small section of the support who go to away games, and even then not all of them.

It seems like a bigger issue because those people made a lot of noise about it.

#2 Double Tap
26-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Surely the Hi-Bees nest?

Turn our strips to yellow and black to create a buzz around the place..

think bees live in hives no nests.:greengrin

Hiber-nation
26-08-2019, 02:09 PM
It’s only important to the small section of the support who go to away games, and even then not all of them.

It seems like a bigger issue because those people made a lot of noise about it.

It certainly wasn't "a lot of noise". The complaints were justified.

matty_f
26-08-2019, 02:16 PM
It certainly wasn't "a lot of noise". The complaints were justified.

Yes, they were, but they were still from a small section of the support, which was the point.

The issue wasn’t anywhere near as big as is made out.

That takes nothing away from the validity of the people who complained about it’s grievances.

The_Horde
26-08-2019, 02:16 PM

🤣 Right enough. Cannae call it the hive though. There's already one place in Edinburgh called the hive that folks go to on a Saturday and almost instantly regret it.

hhibs
26-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Think you need to read Rons profile,maybe not Scottish football but certainly has background in the game.

hhibs
26-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Agreed.

Hiber-nation
26-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Yes, they were, but they were still from a small section of the support, which was the point.

The issue wasn’t anywhere near as big as is made out.

That takes nothing away from the validity of the people who complained about it’s grievances.

But the small section was the core support who travel to most away games. And don't mention ASTs! Anyway all water under the bridge now.

HoboHarry
26-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Doesn't the term hive refer to human built structures? I think bees living and breeding without the help of people live in nests.....

#2 Double Tap
26-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Doesn't the term hive refer to human built structures? I think bees living and breeding without the help of people live in nests.....

theres always someone who wants to spoil the fun :na na:

HoboHarry
26-08-2019, 02:47 PM
theres always someone who wants to spoil the fun :na na:

Sorry mate, I'll bee more considerate in future to avoid stirring up a hornet's nest....

#2 Double Tap
26-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Sorry mate, I'll bee more considerate in future to avoid stirring up a hornet's nest....

sensible you dinny want to annoy the whole colony, dropping too many facts in would bee a right White Anglo-Saxon Protestant thing to do.

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 03:43 PM
I hope she stays but it can’t be denied that if the new owner looks at the last couple of months he’ll be asking—

has the playing pool budget been well spent?

why wasn’t the ground ready for the start of the season?

why are customers having such difficulty at getting into the ground?

what is the story about shirt sponsorship?

She may be thinking “with the SPFL losing Ladbroke’s sponsorship money is going to be even tighter,time to move on”.

Turkish Green
26-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Methinks the new owner will want his own man/woman appointed as Chief Executive. Nothing against the ability of Leann but it is just how big business works.

Did Mike Astley not have his man appointed to the Sevco Board until the Lying King forced him out?

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Its more than a small number, you know that.Dont agree with you very often but I agree on this ...a huge mistake by LD and its p####d off a lot of fans not just a minority. Same goes for the treatment of since 1875. Shes done a lot of good but not immune from mistakes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2019, 04:39 PM

It seems like a bigger issue because those people made a lot of noise about it.That small section that go to away games as u describe it are vital to our club and their loyalty should be rewarded by being 1st in line for tickets for the high demand games...its common sense and Dempster made a huge mistake on this

bingo70
26-08-2019, 04:42 PM
That small section that go to away games as u describe it are vital to our club and their loyalty should be rewarded by being 1st in line for tickets for the high demand games...its common sense and Dempster made a huge mistake on this

I just don’t understand why almost every biggish club up and down the land can have a loyalty system apart from us?

I don’t go to away games so it doesn’t affect me, I do have sympathy for the people that do go to away games though.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Bit of both.

What a load of rubbish ffs.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2019, 04:55 PM
I just don’t understand why almost every biggish club up and down the land can have a loyalty system apart from us?

I don’t go to away games so it doesn’t affect me, I do have sympathy for the people that do go to away games though.I dont go to Ibrox Parkhead or Tiny mate (personal choice) but do to most other away matches so doesnt affect me neither but I do think it's awful that fans miss out who go to every other away game.

Hibernia&Alba
26-08-2019, 04:57 PM
That small section that go to away games as u describe it are vital to our club and their loyalty should be rewarded by being 1st in line for tickets for the high demand games...its common sense and Dempster made a huge mistake on this

:agree:

Overall I think she's been very good, but the loyalty points is a big negative. Cup top up would be good too.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 05:07 PM
If Leeann is honest with herself, she’s let things slip massively over the past 18 months. Perhaps that’s in part due to how well she did to begin with but I think she’s indirectly contributing to the staleness at the club.

Too much about the club at the moment seems to be mundane and boring. We’ve stopped doing anything on HibsTV beyond matches and interviews (interviews of which are on YouTube anyway) which remind me I really need to cancel that...

I’ve said this on other threads, I honestly think the club have forgotten main role as a football team and that’s to entertain fans, on the pitch primarily but off it where possible as well. Can talk about growing club through Chamber of Commerce etc. but the way you grow a club is win. And win as soon as possible. Falkirk should be an example of what we can’t afford to do. They had a good run with the academy, didn’t really sell any players for money and then performed poorly on the pitch, relegated, closed the academy because it was no longer feasible.

Leeann isn’t only problem now but I think we can all admit the club is stale at the moment and our playing style and standard is garbage. We need to maintain fan base, not lose it while we have good 13 year olds working through the academy who are likely never going to play for us if they are that good...

Ron, please sort the club out and give it direction again. Please don’t be an asset stripper as well of course.

Real Emerald
26-08-2019, 05:07 PM
This story has certainly deflected the criticism of our form, Heckingbottom and the transfer window if nothing else.

Percy Vere
26-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Good

Good why?
She’s been excellent for Hibs

Percy Vere
26-08-2019, 05:23 PM

Well said mate

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Good why?
She’s been excellent for Hibs

Recently?

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 05:27 PM
If Leeann is honest with herself, she’s let things slip massively over the past 18 months. Perhaps that’s in part due to how well she did to begin with but I think she’s indirectly contributing to the staleness at the club.

Too much about the club at the moment seems to be mundane and boring. We’ve stopped doing anything on HibsTV beyond matches and interviews (interviews of which are on YouTube anyway) which remind me I really need to cancel that...

I’ve said this on other threads, I honestly think the club have forgotten main role as a football team and that’s to entertain fans, on the pitch primarily but off it where possible as well. Can talk about growing club through Chamber of Commerce etc. but the way you grow a club is win. And win as soon as possible. Falkirk should be an example of what we can’t afford to do. They had a good run with the academy, didn’t really sell any players for money and then performed poorly on the pitch, relegated, closed the academy because it was no longer feasible.

Leeann isn’t only problem now but I think we can all admit the club is stale at the moment and our playing style and standard is garbage. We need to maintain fan base, not lose it while we have good 13 year olds working through the academy who are likely never going to play for us if they are that good...

Ron, please sort the club out and give it direction again. Please don’t be an asset stripper as well of course.

Last paragraph is a joke, the guy is only in the door, asset stripper ffs......

Captain Trips
26-08-2019, 05:29 PM

This.

The only thing for me he is to "get" is 3pts as often as possible. There is nothing else to get.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 05:35 PM

He could be as much as an asset stripper as investing billions into the playing squad. People hoping he isn’t, isn't implying he is.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 05:52 PM
He could be as much as an asset stripper as investing billions into the playing squad. People hoping he isn’t, isn't implying he is.

Don't you think stf and Rod will have done their homework?

madhatter
26-08-2019, 06:00 PM

I’m hoping he isn’t an asset stripper but can I ask why would it matter if he was just in the door? Surely asset strippers would get to stripping assets as soon as possible or at least when the going is good? Certainly nothing to do with doors anyway. I said please don’t be one anyway...never said he was one.

Also if you think club have the same drive and direction as it did 3-4 years ago then fair enough, looking forward to us signing the next John McGinn and Dylan McGeouch. Club appear to be a bit rudderless especially when it comes to fan relations now, Leeann was a big driving force in this regard when she joined but it has faded steadily in her time here.

Recruitment has also steadily become more questionable and this “we investigate all signings” is looking very much like lurching from Lennon contacts to Hecky’s ex-players or players he knew of from his previous jobs.

Hibs have stopped doing what they keep saying. Not a criticism of Leeann because I think she took on too much when she joined but ultimately we need to maintain fan relations and we aren’t.

Since452
26-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Heckingbottom or Dempster wont be leaving any time soon

madhatter
26-08-2019, 06:10 PM
I know this is slightly off topic but how did we manage to assemble a team of legends in the Championship and now that we’ve sold a couple of them (McGinn and Cummings) and also went into the top league why does it seem we are gradually acquiring a team of duds?

Another thing for Leeann and George Craig review. Can’t fathom how we have more money for scouting, player budgets, and everything therein but end up with worse players. Something isn’t right.

Are we throwing the cash around foolishly without doing same checks? Have we decided to stop doing building a team and instead just acquiring potential assets?

bingo70
26-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I know this is slightly off topic but how did we manage to assemble a team of legends in the Championship and now that we’ve sold a couple of them (McGinn and Cummings) and also went into the top league why does it seem we are gradually acquiring a team of duds?

Another thing for Leeann and George Craig review. Can’t fathom how we have more money for scouting, player budgets, and everything therein but end up with worse players. Something isn’t right.

Are we throwing the cash around foolishly without doing same checks? Have we decided to stop doing building a team and instead just acquiring potential assets?

You’ve also got to wonder how Stubbs was so good for us in the transfer market that summer but had such a disaster with St Mirren.

Was he responsible for the recruitment at Hibs or did we maybe have someone at the club or using someone then that we aren’t now? John Park perhaps as I know he had a good relationship with Petrie when we were in the first division.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Dear oh dear, you have heard of the word budget

#2 Double Tap
26-08-2019, 06:48 PM

Bud,get outa here

madhatter
26-08-2019, 06:52 PM

Not sure if this was a question. Certainly don’t know what your problem is. You aren’t even reasoning a point and just making little jibes, not sure why. I think I reasoned a sensible question to be asked and you appear to have decided to mock my intelligence...after previously saying something you blatantly misunderstood was a joke.

Fill your boots, hope it makes you feel better.

Keith_M
26-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Why are people even discussing this?

It's only a rumour and there's every chance it's been made up purely to wind everybody up.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 07:13 PM

It's only a rumour and there's every chance it's been made up purely to wind everybody up.

Careful that is a bit sensible.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 07:29 PM

Why are you questioning the reason for people discussing this rumour?

Think this place has enough wind up merchants without rumours tbf, like most fan forums.

I think there are quite a few that are just discussing it without being remotely wound up. it's a fans forum. We cant boo, we cant ask for apologies, at least give us the capacity to discuss our infactual guff and occasionally permit us to have delusions of grandeur on the transfer threads with itk posts.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Don't you think stf and Rod will have done their homework?

I think they wanted to sell. I don’t believe there was much homework done.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 07:45 PM

The time was right for STF to sell. RG has said he has money, and offer was accepted. I'm sure due diligence was done, but STF couldn't predict what would happen.

We are yet to see Ron's mission statement or plans for the Club

J-C
26-08-2019, 07:49 PM
You’ve also got to wonder how Stubbs was so good for us in the transfer market that summer but had such a disaster with St Mirren.

Was he responsible for the recruitment at Hibs or did we maybe have someone at the club or using someone then that we aren’t now? John Park perhaps as I know he had a good relationship with Petrie when we were in the first division.

Same recruitment team for Stubbs as it was for Lennon and Heckingbottom but it just depends how the manager uses it. Stubbs used the team to it's fullest and had a real eye for a player, Lennon and Heckingbottom seemed to be using their own contacts to get many players and Lennon had to use the recruitment team to get Kamberi and McLaren due to his poor choices. I think St Mirrens recruitment team may not be as good but also Stubbs didn't have Doolan and Taff to help him.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 07:50 PM
The time was right for STF to sell. RG has said he has money, and offer was accepted. I'm sure due diligence was done, but STF couldn't predict what would happen.

We are yet to see Ron's mission statement or plans for the Club

Yeah that’s where I am, I don’t think many promises were made by RG though just have to wait and see ultimately.

Peevemor
26-08-2019, 07:51 PM

We are yet to see Ron's mission statement or plans for the ClubWhich is fair enough given that he's just in the door. I'd imagine he'll take a few months to observe, consult and put together his projects.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 07:52 PM
Which is fair enough given that he's just in the door. I'd imagine he'll take a few months to observe, consult and put together his projects.

I'd assume he can't be impressed with commercial department

oldbutdim
26-08-2019, 08:19 PM
🤣 Right enough. Cannae call it the hive though. There's already one place in Edinburgh called the hive that folks go to on a Saturday and almost instantly regret it.

That’s actually quite funny!

26-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Why does "asset stripper" even enter your thoughts? You're not actually believing the guff Jambos come out with are you?

Crazyhorse
26-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Good

You’re joking! ******’ nightmare for Hibs. She is the reason we became a proper competitive football club again and not a blundering jokeshop run by Rod and Tom. The ******’ Tubbs and Edward of Scottish football.
Sorry if that offends anyone but before Leann arrived we were the worst run club in Scotland.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Why does "asset stripper" even enter your thoughts? You're not actually believing the guff Jambos come out with are you?

Why does that enter my thoughts? My love for the club and concern over its future in the hands of an unknown entity, taking a wild guess...
Jambos can say what they like. I'm sure they had similar fans downplaying what we were saying when Romanov was about. Things can go wrong in life. Ron may not be an angel. Not a case of believing anything. We still know the square root of diddly-squat about his plans. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than skipping along thinking everything is alright when it may not be.

Greenworld
26-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Which is fair enough given that he's just in the door. I'd imagine he'll take a few months to observe, consult and put together his projects.He has had 6 months looking in already I think you may be surprised how quickly things will move on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 08:43 PM

You are joking aren't you 😂

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 08:45 PM
I'd assume he can't be impressed with commercial department

It’s a disaster for that department after having the shocker they’ve had with the sponsors coupled with hearts and Aberdeen especially brining it loads more than us through corporate revenue for them to be sold to an outsider who will see it as utter failure.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 08:46 PM
You are joking aren't you 😂

They wanted to sell, correct?

I don’t think their heart was in it to sell to a specific type, more like the only one willing to pony up. No need to be condescending mate.

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 08:49 PM
It’s a disaster for that department after having the shocker they’ve had with the sponsors coupled with hearts and Aberdeen especially brining it loads more than us through corporate revenue for them to be sold to an outsider who will see it as utter failure.

Are Aberdeen and Hearts bringing in more than us in corporate revenue or is it donations from wealthy supporters?What are the figures?

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 08:56 PM
They wanted to sell, correct?

I don’t think their heart was in it to sell to a specific type, more like the only one willing to pony up. No need to be condescending mate.

What a load of rubbish, do you seriously believe that stf would want to come back to another disaster.

Just in case you have forgotten the £3 million pounds debt has gone, and investment in the club.

hibeerealist
26-08-2019, 08:57 PM

Hear hear! The regular travellers should get first dibs no question.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Are Aberdeen and Hearts bringing in more than us in corporate revenue or is it donations from wealthy supporters?What are the figures?

I’ve not got the figures to hand as it’s a bit late in the day mate but Aberdeen especially are getting topped up big time with corporate revenue. We are failing to attract a sponsor let alone the corporate revenue or wealthy benefactors. It’s negligence.

banchoryhibs
26-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Both Aberdeen and Hearts are miles ahead in attracting high net worth individuals who invest, or attract very large donations into those clubs.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 09:02 PM
What a load of rubbish, do you seriously believe that stf would want to come back to another disaster.

Just in case you have forgotten the £3 million pounds debt has gone, and investment in the club.

I believe Sir Tom (the great man should never have his name abbreviated) is a time of his life where he wanted his investment back and Rod Petrie was no longer wanting to be his eyes and ears at the football club. It’s not the crime of the century but it’s my opinion.

You’re very aggressive towards posters that don’t share your opinion. It’s actually pretty disrespectful.

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 09:04 PM
I’ve not got the figures to hand as it’s a bit late in the day mate but Aberdeen especially are getting topped up big time with corporate revenue. We are failing to attract a sponsor let alone the corporate revenue or wealthy benefactors. It’s negligence.

I’m afraid you won’t find any figures.For a start all Hibs Revenue is under the one figure and not broken down so there is no way of knowing what is due to commercial revenue.Aberdeen are not getting commercial revenue across the board.Most of it is coming from Cormack who they are naming their new complex after.

CapitalGreen
26-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Why does that enter my thoughts? My love for the club and concern over its future in the hands of an unknown entity, taking a wild guess...
Jambos can say what they like. I'm sure they had similar fans downplaying what we were saying when Romanov was about. Things can go wrong in life. Ron may not be an angel. Not a case of believing anything. We still know the square root of diddly-squat about his plans. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than skipping along thinking everything is alright when it may not be.

Ron Gordon has no history of asset stripping, in fact his history is in building successful companies from the ground up, while the bank he is a board member of specialises in supporting community-lead businesses. If he was looking to start a line in asset stripping at 65 years old he could probably find numerous suitable companies in the US without having to leave his house or risk moving his money abroad. In dollar terms his £6m investment is currently worth $350k dollars less today than it was on July 1st.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 09:12 PM
For lots of security over every asset the club has?

madhatter
26-08-2019, 09:14 PM

Something in your bonnet? I’m pretty sure STF left thinking regardless of whether this goes south or not, I won’t be coming back to save the day because I’m an old fella who doesn’t keep well. STF is not immortal. I seriously doubt STF is as altruistic as people make out to be. I don’t think anybody is altruistic as some people make them out to be.

STF will have wanted to mitigate the chances of it going sour but he isn’t the all-seeing eye and ultimately won’t take responsibility if it fails catastrophically. On a similar note, I think to a certain level he wanted to mitigate his losses. Due diligence is one of those buzz words/phrases that make people feel all warm inside and helps them sleep at night. Even when it has substance, businesses rely on business and business is reliant on consumers/trade, STF cannot know whether we’ll have ER packed out for years to come and certainly can’t know what would push Ron to saying “sod this, I’m off”.

Would Ron willingly get on a flight over in March if Hibs were in bottom six, scrapping away for any point we can get ahold of? Or would he say “I’ll leave it for now” or “What have I got myself into here, might need to cut my losses”. I can say with 100% certainty that STF cannot answer the above, Ron himself couldn’t at this point.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2019, 09:15 PM
i want tom and roderick back :boo hoo:

Hibeesmad
26-08-2019, 09:16 PM

Didn’t Stubbs take Martin Christie with him to St Mirren?

Heisenberg
26-08-2019, 09:16 PM

Normal business practice and nothing to worry about, as confirmed by LD.

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Any security over assets that his company has only comes into play if it loans Hibs money and Hibs don’t pay it back.His company owns 67% of all the assets anyway and has not loaned Hibs anything.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Normal business practice and nothing to worry about, as confirmed by LD.

Did Sir Tom do the same?

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Any security over assets that his company has only comes into play if it loans Hibs money and Hibs don’t pay it back.His company owns 67% of all the assets anyway and has not loaned Hibs anything.

So what’s the point then?

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Did Sir Tom do the same?

Of course.

Centre Hawf
26-08-2019, 09:30 PM

I actually think it's a very sensible question to ask. But I think it can be somewhat answered in that the players we managed to get might not have developed the same way if we brought them into the Premiership. In the Championship we had 60/70 percent possession at times and players like McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie, Allan. All got used to using the ball extremely well. Cummings got used to having a lot of chances and learning the runs to make that would see him score more. They also developed a winning mentality while performing under an expectancy to win.

If we built that same team in the premiership one season you might find that they struggled to initially retain the ball as well in their developing years as well as probably not enjoyed the element of fans feel good factor and instead the pressure of not being in the top 4/5 at that time. Cummings might not have got the same amount of time to impress and therefore learn that movement. The level of expectancy to win is probably nearly the exact same from supporters in the Premiership as it actually was in the Championship. Outwith the two games against Rangers and Celtic, although even against Rangers I'd argue a lot are still demanding victory.

I think it highlights how much of a blinder the club played in the Championship, we spent 3 years there but i'd argue that while 3 might have been one too long, the club benefited from not going up in it's first season.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Ron Gordon has no history of asset stripping, in fact his history is in building successful companies from the ground up, while the bank he is a board member of specialises in supporting community-lead businesses. If he was looking to start a line in asset stripping at 65 years old he could probably find numerous suitable companies in the US without having to leave his house or risk moving his money abroad. In dollar terms his £6m investment is currently worth $350k dollars less today than it was on July 1st.

All good to hear. I’ll still worry until I know more about his plans. He isn’t an Edinburgh man, he isnt a Hibs fan, so at the core of it surely we are just his play thing? Maybe I’m just an untrustworthy fool but I cannot fathom, even with money, why at the age of 65, with a family, you would buy into a club that has no real meaning to you that isn’t even in your country. Showing face at the club means flying 7 hours. Maybe he finds it fun to have that challenge but again without knowing his plans it is difficult to reason why he’d bother taking this venture on. Leaving a legacy is all I can come up with.

ancient hibee
26-08-2019, 09:33 PM
So what’s the point then?
If his company lends Hibs money the security will already be in place and saves time.

jacomo
26-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Good

Stop being weird.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 09:50 PM
I actually think it's a very sensible question to ask. But I think it can be somewhat answered in that the players we managed to get might not have developed the same way if we brought them into the Premiership. In the Championship we had 60/70 percent possession at times and players like McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie, Allan. All got used to using the ball extremely well. Cummings got used to having a lot of chances and learning the runs to make that would see him score more. They also developed a winning mentality while performing under an expectancy to win.

If we built that same team in the premiership one season you might find that they struggled to initially retain the ball as well in their developing years as well as probably not enjoyed the element of fans feel good factor and instead the pressure of not being in the top 4/5 at that time. Cummings might not have got the same amount of time to impress and therefore learn that movement. The level of expectancy to win is probably nearly the exact same from supporters in the Premiership as it actually was in the Championship. Outwith the two games against Rangers and Celtic, although even against Rangers I'd argue a lot are still demanding victory.

I think it highlights how much of a blinder the club played in the Championship, we spent 3 years there but i'd argue that while 3 might have been one too long, the club benefited from not going up in it's first season.

Definitely valid points. They did have a good learning ground but I still think they were higher calibre players. McGinn, McGeouch and Allan were the best midfield in Scotland. McGinn’s potential stood out immediately, he certainly developed though, his shooting especially. However, the mental attributes he brought weren’t taught. Still enjoy looking back at his almost arrogant performances against so-called better players. Still remember the Sunderland midfielder looking puzzled as McGinn got right in his face each time he got the ball.

This is where the club have been failing lately for me. Sort of why I think Leeann and George Craig etc. need to review where we are. I think we’ve lost our way on recruitment. Hecky’s clearly behind most of our signings. Hallberg is only one you can reliably say Hecky wasn’t the suggesting party.

tonyrougier123
26-08-2019, 09:59 PM

We should be taking calculated risks on guys like ambrose and omeonga,real quality.
Players that will push the club on and possibly make us a sell on profit.

It seems a lifetime ago leeann was jetsetting to get us deals for our top targets.
That enthusiasm seems to have diminished.

Thing is before we got relegated the signing policy was similar to now,seems to have took a backwards step,the attitude seems to be a lazy approach.
Such and such was willing to pay £££ a couple windows ago he will do for us.
Or this player played for such and such he will stroll it at easter road.
All this instead of getting off a bloody computer and actually scouting in the flesh to find decent talent.
The recruitment needs looked at because the past few windows have been very wasteful of the money fans are putting in.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 10:00 PM
If his company lends Hibs money the security will already be in place and saves time.

Why would he have to make up a company to lend us money?

Not In The Know
26-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Definitely valid points. They did have a good learning ground but I still think they were higher calibre players. McGinn, McGeouch and Allan were the best midfield in Scotland. McGinn’s potential stood out immediately, he certainly developed though, his shooting especially. However, the mental attributes he brought weren’t taught. Still enjoy looking back at his almost arrogant performances against so-called better players. Still remember the Sunderland midfielder looking puzzled as McGinn got right in his face each time he got the ball.

This is where the club have been failing lately for me. Sort of why I think Leeann and George Craig etc. need to review where we are. I think we’ve lost our way on recruitment. Hecky’s clearly behind most of our signings. Hallberg is only one you can reliably say Hecky wasn’t the suggesting party.

We went for players like Mcginn and McGeouch because we couldn’t afford to sign players on wages like Newell and Horgan.

madhatter
26-08-2019, 10:06 PM
We went for players like Mcginn and McGeouch because we couldn’t afford to sign players on wages like Newell and Horgan.

It’s a laugh/cry mind-boggler when it’s put like that.

DarlingtonHibee
26-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Something in your bonnet? I’m pretty sure STF left thinking regardless of whether this goes south or not, I won’t be coming back to save the day because I’m an old fella who doesn’t keep well. STF is not immortal. I seriously doubt STF is as altruistic as people make out to be. I don’t think anybody is altruistic as some people make them out to be.

STF will have wanted to mitigate the chances of it going sour but he isn’t the all-seeing eye and ultimately won’t take responsibility if it fails catastrophically. On a similar note, I think to a certain level he wanted to mitigate his losses. Due diligence is one of those buzz words/phrases that make people feel all warm inside and helps them sleep at night. Even when it has substance, businesses rely on business and business is reliant on consumers/trade, STF cannot know whether we’ll have ER packed out for years to come and certainly can’t know what would push Ron to saying “sod this, I’m off”.

Would Ron willingly get on a flight over in March if Hibs were in bottom six, scrapping away for any point we can get ahold of? Or would he say “I’ll leave it for now” or “What have I got myself into here, might need to cut my losses”. I can say with 100% certainty that STF cannot answer the above, Ron himself couldn’t at this point.

Due diligence was the first thing stf looked at.

The 90+2
26-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Due diligence was the first thing stf looked at.

Any evidence of this?

WestCoastHibby
27-08-2019, 12:56 AM
I think a lot of people need to calm down....

HoboHarry
27-08-2019, 12:58 AM
I think a lot of people need to calm down....

Only on this thread? 😁

Torto7
27-08-2019, 02:13 AM

Not the Newell thing again. He was playing for Rotherham. They don't pay a lot. People already think he's poor he doesn't need the false narrative of being expensive as well. The guy was a reserve/occasional starter at a tiny championship club who are now league 1.

Horgan likewise. How much was a guy bought from LOI really on at Preston. Again he was another one who was in and out of Prestons team.

FilipinoHibs
27-08-2019, 07:06 AM

Much easier to set up legal contracts and bank relationships with a company. Also some tax advantages by having the company incorporated in the state of Delaware. Tom Farmer had a holding company that was largely his ownership in the club.

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Hearts turnover £12m
Aberdeen £15.2m
Hibs £9.6m

Considering we had higher crowds than both those clubs it’s legitimate to ask why they are bringing in a lot more money than we are.
Now I know turnover is not everything especially if some things are outsourced but these clubs seem able to use their big turnover to bring in players we could not afford.

MacGruber
27-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Hearts turnover £12m
Aberdeen £15.2m
Hibs £9.6m

Considering we had higher crowds than both those clubs it’s legitimate to ask why they are bringing in a lot more money than we are.
Now I know turnover is not everything especially if some things are outsourced but these clubs seem able to use their big turnover to bring in players we could not afford.

Hearts - FOH contributions, donations from rich folks

Aberdeen - donations from rich folks

JimBHibees
27-08-2019, 08:03 AM
So this whole thread is probably on the back of a possibly yam related rumour. Timing of it is interesting.

Heisenberg
27-08-2019, 08:06 AM
It would certainly be nice to hear some more from Ron this week, assuming he’s still in the UK.

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Hearts turnover £12m
Aberdeen £15.2m
Hibs £9.6m

Out of curiosity what was Killie's turnover?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 08:40 AM
Hearts - FOH contributions, donations from rich folks

Aberdeen - donations from rich folks

That comes nowhere near covering the difference.
Aberdeen’s investment came through selling shares anyway so won’t be on turnover. FoH have been buying shares as well so that won’t count on turnover either.

MB62
27-08-2019, 10:18 AM
I believe Sir Tom (the great man should never have his name abbreviated)

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Lago
27-08-2019, 10:49 AM
It's all very well saying Aberdeen & Hearts benefit from rich investors but the bottom line is they are identifying & encouraging them to come on board. Thses initiatives are normally done through the clubs commercial department. Hibs are falling well short in this area..

Smartie
27-08-2019, 11:00 AM
It's all very well saying Aberdeen & Hearts benefit from rich investors but the bottom line is they are identifying & encouraging them to come on board. Thses initiatives are normally done through the clubs commercial department. Hibs are falling well short in this area..

We have managed to find one individual to come in and sink £6m of his own cash in over the past few months. I also suspect that this has possibly distracted others from doing the best they can in the job.

There's no doubt we could do better in this area though, so I do agree with you.

Hearts have big ideas in terms of how they plan to make a lot more money from their catering and hospitality going forward, it will be interesting to see how they do. Their previous facilities didn't allow for it, that excuse is gone.

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Rangers forums have her linked with a move to Ibrox.

Don't shoot the messenger!!

Since452
27-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Will she leave? Doubt it. Sounds like rumours aimed at unsettling an unsettled support further. Should she? Maybe. She's done a terrific job but 5 years is probably the right time to move on. New era at Hibs now so coulbe best for everyone.

WestCoastHibby
27-08-2019, 11:28 AM
I took pelters, real abuse last year for daring to say that L.D isn't the Messiah. She's Human, she will make mistakes but all this conjecture is ridiculous .
And what's this " Hecky doesn't get Hibs or the fans?" ( I'm no fan of is btw since his stupid " I'd have knocked his teeth out" comment
Total P15H. The fickle fans that laud the hierarchy one minute then get on the bandwagon the next all guns blazing to shoot them down.

We are in a slump. Need to pull n the same direction now

ancient hibee
27-08-2019, 12:12 PM

You do realise that it is his company that is the majority shareholder in Hibs? This would then be the vehicle for lending the club money.Dare I say t “lending to himself”

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2019, 12:27 PM
We have managed to find one individual to come in and sink £6m of his own cash in over the past few months. I also suspect that this has possibly distracted others from doing the best they can in the job.

There's no doubt we could do better in this area though, so I do agree with you.

Hearts have big ideas in terms of how they plan to make a lot more money from their catering and hospitality going forward, it will be interesting to see how they do. Their previous facilities didn't allow for it, that excuse is gone.

Budge said that when she took over that Hearts' turnover was around £7m. She said it's now £15m.

Even taking into account how much of a basket case the club was before she arrived that is a pretty spectacular increase.

Smartie
27-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Budge said that when she took over that Hearts' turnover was around £7m. She said it's now £15m.

Even taking into account how much of a basket case the club was before she arrived that is a pretty spectacular increase.

I was on a covert undercover mission at Tynecastle a few weeks back (free hospitality at their League Cup game with Dundee United with a United-supporting mate) and I was speaking to someone within their hospitality team.

I'd had a few so can't remember the details, but I'm sure he said that they were looking for almost a 10 fold increase, from about £250k per year to roughly £2.5m per year. That night was the first night they'd had the hospitality open and it was a big night for them, the guy looked like he was under a fair bit of pressure to deliver the goods. That's a fair old increase and quite a high bar to set - especially if their team on the park doesn't buck up it's ideas.

Other stuff of interest from what he was saying - they take contactless at the catering booths in the new stand, and he said that about 27% of their transactions are taken contactless. That's a fair whack for a new service. You could only imagine that this will grow and they'll be able to funnel more and more people quickly through the booths at the high demand times (before games and ht).

It's interesting that Hearts are looking upon this as a huge opportunity to increase revenue. I've always got a feeling from the Farmer/ Petrie era that everything was about avoiding loss-making enterprises, so whether it was ordering in small amounts of kit or subcontracting the catering out for 10 years we were always about being ultra-safe and avoiding losing money rather than sniffing out opportunities for growth. It always struck me as a bit weird that someone like Farmer, an entrepreneur who built a colossal business could be so conservative when it came to Hibs. Everything about us screams survival and just hanging in and remaining in existence rather than ambition, opportunity and growth - probably not unreasonable given where we were when he took over. We've certainly consolidated and put decent infrastructure in place.

I'm hoping our new owner will look at this stuff and with the right folk around him really make an impact. There are plenty of opportunities out there.

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 01:34 PM
I was on a covert undercover mission at Tynecastle a few weeks back (free hospitality at their League Cup game with Dundee United with a United-supporting mate) and I was speaking to someone within their hospitality team.

I'd had a few so can't remember the details, but I'm sure he said that they were looking for almost a 10 fold increase, from about £250k per year to roughly £2.5m per year. That night was the first night they'd had the hospitality open and it was a big night for them, the guy looked like he was under a fair bit of pressure to deliver the goods. That's a fair old increase and quite a high bar to set - especially if their team on the park doesn't buck up it's ideas.

Other stuff of interest from what he was saying - they take contactless at the catering booths in the new stand, and he said that about 27% of their transactions are taken contactless. That's a fair whack for a new service. You could only imagine that this will grow and they'll be able to funnel more and more people quickly through the booths at the high demand times (before games and ht).

It's interesting that Hearts are looking upon this as a huge opportunity to increase revenue. I've always got a feeling from the Farmer/ Petrie era that everything was about avoiding loss-making enterprises, so whether it was ordering in small amounts of kit or subcontracting the catering out for 10 years we were always about being ultra-safe and avoiding losing money rather than sniffing out opportunities for growth. It always struck me as a bit weird that someone like Farmer, an entrepreneur who built a colossal business could be so conservative when it came to Hibs. Everything about us screams survival and just hanging in and remaining in existence rather than ambition, opportunity and growth - probably not unreasonable given where we were when he took over. We've certainly consolidated and put decent infrastructure in place.

I'm hoping our new owner will look at this stuff and with the right folk around him really make an impact. There are plenty of opportunities out there.

Petrie was all about balancing the books and would always look to cut costs rather than grow revenues to make it happen. It was in his nature. He was an accountant after all.
We are being left far behind our rivals while we pursue wishy washy third sector partnerships that few understand.

Power
27-08-2019, 01:35 PM
I’ll nip this in the bud for us. Quite simply, it’s not true.

Here to help where I can, just ping me a message ✅

Peevemor
27-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Thanks for posting.

Fan Rep doing the business! :aok:

LeithSqualk
27-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Hearts turnover £12m
Aberdeen £15.2m
Hibs £9.6m

Have Hibs not out sourced the shop and catering. Meaning we can’t include their sales income in turnover?

Peevemor
27-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Petrie was all about balancing the books and would always look to cut costs rather than grow revenues to make it happen. It was in his nature. He was an accountant after all.
We are being left far behind our rivals while we pursue wishy washy third sector partnerships that few understand.

Which is why he spent so much on infrastructure?

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Have Hibs not out sourced the shop and catering. Meaning we can’t include their sales income in turnover?

Surely the worth of the contract for both will be included in the turnover?

Real Emerald
27-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Yep, and rather than trying to increase hospitality within the stadium we were closing the supporters bar at the point we had record ST sales because it was too costly to fix. A couple of years on from that we don’t have the revenue from a shirt sponsor but have a free advert for a charity.

CentreLine
27-08-2019, 01:47 PM

Now that is what I call knocking a rumour in to a cocked hat. :top marks

There is ridiculous stuff and fake news being generated constantly on this site and others. There is an agenda here somewhere and people are taking the bait almost at will. We are all Hibernian and it is time our support pulled in the same direction as the Club. Let's get behind the team and our chosen football club.

Peevemor
27-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Surely the worth of the contract for both will be included in the turnover?

Yes, but not the income from sales.

Material and wage costs for catering aren't in our accounts either, which is one reason why hearts have a lot more employees than we do.

hughio
27-08-2019, 01:50 PM

FWIT I agree with you Smartie:agree:

Blaster
27-08-2019, 01:51 PM

Time to close this thread me thinks

Peevemor
27-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Time to close this thread me thinks

Correct, though I'm going to start a new thread with another rumour to see if I can get a response from a director.

Blaster
27-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Correct, though I'm going to start a new thread with another rumour to see if I can get a response from a director.

😂😂

Bostonhibby
27-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Correct, though I'm going to start a new thread with another rumour to see if I can get a response from a director.Im hearing we're getting a golden eagle to deal with the seagulls.

Neither Hearts nor Aberdeen have a golden eagle.

Give that one a try if you want.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GonzoReturns
27-08-2019, 02:06 PM

And as simple as that well done 👍

Smartie
27-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Im hearing we're getting a golden eagle to deal with the seagulls.

Neither Hearts nor Aberdeen have a golden eagle.

Give that one a try if you want.

There are a lot of seagulls in Aberdeen.

It might be worth keeping our eagle interest quiet for now, unless we want to hear nauseating tales about Derek McInnes' quest for a bird.

Bostonhibby
27-08-2019, 02:16 PM
There are a lot of seagulls in Aberdeen.

It might be worth keeping our eagle interest quiet for now, unless we want to hear nauseating tales about Derek McInnes' quest for a bird.[emoji16]

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Maybe time to reconsider that then because the punters are voting with their feet on the hospitality side of things. The catering inside the stands is pathetic by 2019 standards.
The shop does decent business though although is Hearts shop not also outsourced?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Here to help where I can, just ping me a message [emoji736]

Any feedback from the board on why the commercial side of the club is failing so badly? Do the board agree the commercial side of the club is failing? Is there a plan in place to improve this side of the business?

SMAXXA
27-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Any feedback from the board on why the commercial side of the club is failing so badly? Do the board agree the commercial side of the club is failing? Is there a plan in place to improve this side of the business?

How do you know that’s the case honestly man loads of commercial and strategic experts on this site owe and managers