PDA

View Full Version : Leeanne Leaving ? (No, she's not.)

Pages : 1 [2]

SMAXXA
27-08-2019, 02:32 PM
I’ll nip this in the bud for us. Quite simply, it’s not true.

Here to help where I can, just ping me a message ✅

Top man great use of your role 👍

Power
27-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Any feedback from the board on why the commercial side of the club is failing so badly? Do the board agree the commercial side of the club is failing? Is there a plan in place to improve this side of the business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naebody is deliberately doing anything wrong or not trying their very best.

I canny go into too much detail but I can say there is positive changes in each area of the club coming - some achievable, some challenging.

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 02:45 PM

Thanks Power, good to hear I want her to stay!

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 02:46 PM
How do you know that’s the case honestly man loads of commercial and strategic experts on this site owe and managers

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

Ozyhibby
27-08-2019, 02:49 PM

I canny go into too much detail but I can say there is positive changes in each area of the club coming - some achievable, some challenging.

Absolutely I’m sure everyone is doing their level best but it’s clear that the direction of travel was not working. Good to hear there are changes planned. Most people can see that they are badly needed.

jeffers
27-08-2019, 02:53 PM

Thanks for this and for your updates in general.

I get most of my Hibs related info from this site (supplemented by the official site) so I appreciate you coming on here and providing clarity on topics such as this and this season's football budget. Without having a go at other supporters reps you've done what you said you would do and been a continued presence on here. I didn't vote at the last election, but should you stand for re-election you will 100% get my vote.

Speedway
27-08-2019, 02:57 PM
What’s not true, that she’s not leaving right now, not leaving this year or not true that it’s only a rumour?

G B Young
27-08-2019, 02:58 PM
I heard from a journo acquaintance that since Kenny Millar took on the media comms manager role (succeeded his brother Colin apparently) a few reporters have been finding the club harder to deal with - which, given that Kenny is a former football writer (Sun? Record?) himself, surprised me. His arrival did seem to coincide with the slide under Lennon but presumably that just has to be put down to coincidence.

monarch
27-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Rangers forums have her linked with a move to Ibrox.

Don't shoot the messenger!!
Not shooting you Chief - I know money talks but can we really imagine Leeann working with Traynor and their glib and shameless owner ?

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Not shooting you Chief - I know money talks but can we really imagine Leeann working with Traynor and their glib and shameless owner ?

yes of course

leeann: will you keep out of my way and let me do the job without interference

both fatty arbuckle & the glib shameless one: yes of course

leeann: ok, when do i start

:dunno:

#2 Double Tap
27-08-2019, 03:22 PM
rangers are her team, could see her working there easily.

Golden Bear
27-08-2019, 03:38 PM
rangers are her team, could see her working their easily.

And so we carry on regardless despite everything.

🙄

1 8 7 5
27-08-2019, 04:49 PM
I was on a covert undercover mission at Tynecastle a few weeks back (free hospitality at their League Cup game with Dundee United with a United-supporting mate) and I was speaking to someone within their hospitality team.

I'd had a few so can't remember the details, but I'm sure he said that they were looking for almost a 10 fold increase, from about £250k per year to roughly £2.5m per year. That night was the first night they'd had the hospitality open and it was a big night for them, the guy looked like he was under a fair bit of pressure to deliver the goods. That's a fair old increase and quite a high bar to set - especially if their team on the park doesn't buck up it's ideas.

Other stuff of interest from what he was saying - they take contactless at the catering booths in the new stand, and he said that about 27% of their transactions are taken contactless. That's a fair whack for a new service. You could only imagine that this will grow and they'll be able to funnel more and more people quickly through the booths at the high demand times (before games and ht).

It's interesting that Hearts are looking upon this as a huge opportunity to increase revenue. I've always got a feeling from the Farmer/ Petrie era that everything was about avoiding loss-making enterprises, so whether it was ordering in small amounts of kit or subcontracting the catering out for 10 years we were always about being ultra-safe and avoiding losing money rather than sniffing out opportunities for growth. It always struck me as a bit weird that someone like Farmer, an entrepreneur who built a colossal business could be so conservative when it came to Hibs. Everything about us screams survival and just hanging in and remaining in existence rather than ambition, opportunity and growth - probably not unreasonable given where we were when he took over. We've certainly consolidated and put decent infrastructure in place.

I'm hoping our new owner will look at this stuff and with the right folk around him really make an impact. There are plenty of opportunities out there.

Good post Smartie. Pretty much agree

Not sure you'd know Power, to be fair. Commercial Head hunting is normally done very quietly, and, with respect, I doubt a Fans Rep would be privy.

From the thread itself, it seems there is a narrative forming where "she's had her 5yrs, and its probably time to move". I agree, this happens often at her level, but for me, i'd rather she stayed and continued /upped her performance. Theres still a lot to be achieved at Hibernian.

tamig
27-08-2019, 05:14 PM
It’s a laugh/cry mind-boggler when it’s put like that.

At the end of the day the manager decides who signs. He could be getting lists of gems delivered to him by the recruitment guys but if he chooses to bring in his own guys you can’t really question the recruitment team.

Jim44
27-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Good post Smartie. Pretty much agree

Not sure you'd know Power, to be fair. Commercial Head hunting is normally done very quietly, and, with respect, I doubt a Fans Rep would be privy.

From the thread itself, it seems there is a narrative forming where "she's had her 5yrs, and its probably time to move". I agree, this happens often at her level, but for me, i'd rather she stayed and continued /upped her performance. Theres still a lot to be achieved at Hibernian.

Ssshhhhhhhh! :greengrin. Some of the muppets on FF think that one of our directors had poopooed the rumour.

kaimendhibs
27-08-2019, 05:31 PM
It would be a disaster for us if Leeann leaves. I am certain of that

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2019, 05:35 PM

We would find a capable replacement. Board members always come and go. She sets a high standard but could be replaced.

kaimendhibs
27-08-2019, 06:30 PM
We would find a capable replacement. Board members always come and go. She sets a high standard but could be replaced.I genuinely hope you are right.

ancient hibee
27-08-2019, 06:38 PM
We would find a capable replacement. Board members always come and go. She sets a high standard but could be replaced.

As you'll know CEOs are not always Board members so changes in CEOs have a much bigger effect than changes to the Board.

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Why would it be a disaster?

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 06:44 PM

I don't know how you can say that, we were told we couldn't get anyone any better than Lennon, and look how that turned out?

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2019, 06:49 PM
I don't know how you can say that, we were told we couldn't get anyone any better than Lennon, and look how that turned out?

:greengrin
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP._lu-7uajUnQZme7jx4syiQHaFj&w=288&h=213&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.15&pid=1.7

BH is watching his float like a hawk

DarlingtonHibee
27-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Why would it be a disaster?

Probably the most highly rated ceo in Scotland

Speedway
27-08-2019, 06:51 PM

😁

Winston Ingram
27-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Hearts - FOH contributions, donations from rich folks

Aberdeen - donations from rich folks

This

The Pointer
27-08-2019, 07:10 PM
This

P+nis envy.

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Probably the most highly rated ceo in ScotlandTrue and I agree shes done a fine job but the last 12 months or so...things have deffo been on the slide imho...and she appointed Hecky and that's not going ever so well at present...tho I hope it turns around but I'm not overly confident in that.

Shes done a grand job but she isn't irreplaceable imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bob Box Fish
27-08-2019, 08:09 PM
I’m not sure how heavily Dempster was in the hiring of Butcher ? Did she work with him at Motherwell ?

bigwheel
27-08-2019, 08:11 PM
I’m not sure how heavily Dempster was in the hiring of Butcher ? Did she work with him at Motherwell ?

She wasn’t around when he was appointed. One of her first decisions was to Let him go ...

Robbo6-2
27-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Dempster is one of the best things ever to happen to this club.

DarlingtonHibee
27-08-2019, 08:17 PM

This, but you can't convince some people who don't have a clue about running a business.

we are hibs
27-08-2019, 08:22 PM
This, but you can't convince some people who don't have a clue about running a business.

You hit out with this garbage every single time someone critisises the board. Boring.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2019, 08:24 PM

What does that have to do with anything?

Do people who do know how to run a business never make mistakes?

Bob Box Fish
27-08-2019, 08:36 PM

She has done a lot of positives in her reign here, personally I wouldn’t lose any sleep if she did move on and let someone else move us on to the next level. Sometimes I think she forgets the fundamental that we are a football club at the end of the day:

Heckingbottom appointment.

Lack of succession planning at the club with Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon and Whittaker all nearing the end of their careers.

McGregor and Gray 4 year deals, Hecky said earlier in they year if the pair were re-signed it would limit his budget. This was Leanne’s doing and not the managers.

Shirt sponsor propaganda costing us upwards of 300k per year.

Failure to address the issue with the famous five lower being half empty every week even when it’s sold out.

Missing out on our top targets despite European revenue, nearly 13k season tickets, Mcginn £ and Mcginn add ons.

The entry fiasco that has still to be resolved this could have been validated easily before posting out season ticked cards.

Behind the goals could be a potential gold mine given a decent business plan.

Too many loans in last season.

Attendance figures reported are a joke 15k+ sat you were lucky if there was 13k in the ground lots of season ticket holders were missing.

If Hecky is moved on then the big issue issue is we have a number of dud players on contracts now, coupled with dads army which would require a full rebuilding process.

I personally feel she has failed at the very basics of her CEO position and it could be very costly to replace Heckingbottom and the majority of a squad. If she worked in a business outside football her next move would be limited.

DarlingtonHibee
27-08-2019, 08:38 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

Do people who do know how to run a business never make mistakes?

Of course not, I've seen some terrible decisions on mergers, but I feel hibs are in a good place, and leeann is doing a great job, no debt, solid infrastructure and hopefully a good new ownership.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Of course not, I've seen some terrible decisions on mergers, but I feel hibs are in a good place, and leeann is doing a great job, no debt, solid infrastructure and hopefully a good new ownership.

If we’re putting a business slant on it though, attendances are starting to decrease quite sharply. And are the business satisfying their customers at the moment?

DarlingtonHibee
27-08-2019, 08:55 PM
If we’re putting a business slant on it though, attendances are starting to decrease quite sharply. And are the business satisfying their customers at the moment?

I think it's difficult, we need to be realistic, top four if possible, good cup runs.

We need to operate within a budget.

We as fans have an emotional sense of hibs, but bottom line is we are still a business, and I don't believe for a second that sir Tom would not have done his homework on Ron.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Be honest here, if the team were doing well and we regularly finished 4th or 3rd, nobody would give a toss if she went to ibrox and played centre half for them.

Crammond Hibee
27-08-2019, 09:02 PM
She has done a lot of positives in her reign here, personally I wouldn’t lose any sleep if she did move on and let someone else move us on to the next level. Sometimes I think she forgets the fundamental that we are a football club at the end of the day:

Lack of succession planning at the club with Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon and Whittaker all nearing the end of their careers.

McGregor and Gray 4 year deals, Hecky said earlier in they year if the pair were re-signed it would limit his budget. This was Leanne’s doing and not the managers.

Failure to address the issue with the famous five lower being half empty every week even when it’s sold out.

Missing out on our top targets despite European revenue, nearly 13k season tickets, Mcginn £ and Mcginn add ons.

The entry fiasco that has still to be resolved this could have been validated easily before posting out season ticked cards.

Attendance figures reported are a joke 15k+ sat you were lucky if there was 13k in the ground lots of season ticket holders were missing.

If Hecky is moved on then the big issue issue is we have a number of dud players on contracts now, coupled with dads army which would require a full rebuilding process.

I personally feel she has failed at the very basics of her CEO position and it could be very costly to replace Heckingbottom and the majority of a squad. If she worked in a business outside football her next move would be limited.

I agree

bigwheel
27-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Dempster is doing a good job - needs to communicate more, but other than that I expect her to stay another couple of years and move on ...

I will always view it is much harder to make the right football signing than a CEO ..there will be many who can do that role well...finding the next SJM - much harder !

JimBHibees
27-08-2019, 09:15 PM

Looks like a crock to me. Dads army dear oh dear.

She has been brilliant for the club.

monarch
27-08-2019, 09:46 PM

There’s a certain amount of hyperbole around about the income from Behind the Goals. We’re talking about a bar that’s open for around 60 hours a year. Income yes but hardly a gold mine.

The Modfather
27-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Looks like a crock to me. Dads army dear oh dear.

She has been brilliant for the club.

She was a revelation when she came in and worked wonders turning round the shambles Petrie left, of that there’s no debate. However she’s also not immune from questions being asked. It certainly feels like we’re on the cusp of a downward spiral, if not already on it, the last 12 to 18 months. With the connection between the fans and the club beginning to waver IMO.

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 09:54 PM
There’s a certain amount of hyperbole around about the income from Behind the Goals. We’re talking about a bar that’s open for around 60 hours a year. Income yes but hardly a gold mine.

Open it more then for major championships and Scotland games. Hibs away games on telly.

MacGruber
27-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Open it more then for major championships and Scotland games. Hibs away games on telly.

Hibs away games on telly - that's a great shout.

Nicho87
27-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Remember at start of the season when it was going to be more interviews with her and behind the scenes. Funny how that’s stopped now.

Bay Area Hibees
27-08-2019, 10:15 PM
She's been first class.
Those happy to see her leave should watch what they wish for.
I hope she stays a few more years,
Would be very concerned about the new owner bringing someone else in, we need business acumen but football nous and credentials too.

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Hibs away games on telly - that's a great shout.

Would cost significantly more than it makes. That's why no one does it

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Remember at start of the season when it was going to be more interviews with her and behind the scenes. Funny how that’s stopped now.

ST cash is in, wait until the early bird for next season for next interview :wink:

One Day In Time
27-08-2019, 10:35 PM
I think everyone at the club needs to be asking themselves questions and that includes LD and the players.

Would be disappointed to see LD go. She’s done a lot of good for this club

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 06:57 AM
I think everyone at the club needs to be asking themselves questions and that includes LD and the players.

Would be disappointed to see LD go. She’s done a lot of good for this clubI think the following should be happening right now.

Ron Gordon and LD do a interview outlining where they are so far in the overview.
LD or RG could deny LD is going anywhere and that would put that one to bed.
RG could put some gloss on what he has found so far and what his short term plan is at least.
That would perhaps calm the fans down if we had an understanding of what his thoughts are so far and what he feels is required in the here and now .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 06:59 AM

With a bit of imagination it could be more than a bar:

Sell food- how hard would it be to run a hot dog stand
Picture with a player £5
Scarves / badges
Programmes
Print coins like they do at the Bernabeu

Just a few off the top of my head.

Why use the excuse we can’t compete with Aberdeen for signing players and sit on your hands doing nothing about it.

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2019, 07:03 AM
I think the following should be happening right now.

Ron Gordon and LD do a interview outlining where they are so far in the overview.
LD or RG could deny LD is going anywhere and that would put that one to bed.
RG could put some gloss on what he has found so far and what his short term plan is at least.
That would perhaps calm the fans down if we had an understanding of what his thoughts are so far and what he feels is required in the here and now .

I agree with parts of this. All we get just now is KP (good on him btw) coming on telling us how good it will be soon however we have yet to get to the stage of seeing any change.

Lately we have been told that:
The “matchday experience” will improve significantly. It hasn’t. In fact, it is worse than ever.
The catering will be changed and improved massively. I get commercial sensitivity comes with these things however it’s another “coming soon”.
We have heard that there is a lot of change happening, some achievable, some aspirational. What is it? When will we hear? When will it start?

Everything at the moment seems to be ‘jam tomorrow’.

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Picture with a player £5
Scarves / badges
Programmes

Why use the excuse we can’t compete with Aberdeen for signing players and sit on your hands doing nothing about it.Some good ideas there the behind the goals should be a match day goldmine.
It should also be a non match day goldmine
I'm not suggesting rip of prices but let's hope American inspired pre match entertainment is coming the place should be buzzing hours before kick off a captive audience lapping up all things Hibs .
In Fact gives a job lol

Power
28-08-2019, 07:20 AM
I agree with parts of this. All we get just now is KP (good on him btw) coming on telling us how good it will be soon however we have yet to get to the stage of seeing any change.

Lately we have been told that:
The “matchday experience” will improve significantly. It hasn’t. In fact, it is worse than ever.
The catering will be changed and improved massively. I get commercial sensitivity comes with these things however it’s another “coming soon”.
We have heard that there is a lot of change happening, some achievable, some aspirational. What is it? When will we hear? When will it start?

Everything at the moment seems to be ‘jam tomorrow’.

That’s fair. I’ve asked if some communication can be given - will fire an update out the morn.

Details on the timeline for vision and everything else (matchday experience is only one aspect) should be later this year - when it can communicated with concrete details of what can be done.

We might see some changes this season, definitely more next and others a couple of seasons away budget depending (difficult juggling the budget for everything when the football department is number one).

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 07:31 AM
That’s fair. I’ve asked if some communication can be given - will fire an update out the morn.

Details on the timeline for vision and everything else (matchday experience is only one aspect) should be later this year - when it can communicated with concrete details of what can be done.

We might see some changes this season, definitely more next and others a couple of seasons away budget depending (difficult juggling the budget for everything when the football department is number one).Thanks for that update any is welcome.

The thing is and i know you are just relaying what your allowed to and obviously not privy to a lot of the discussions but so much could be done with very little budget to improve things .

Can you ask LD if she can confirm she is continuing her role and put at least that rumour to bed ?

oldbutdim
28-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Thanks for that update any is welcome.

The thing is and i know you are just relaying what your allowed to and obviously not privy to a lot of the discussions but so much could be done with very little budget to improve things .

Can you ask LD if she can confirm she is continuing her role and put at least that rumour to bed ?

He has.

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 07:57 AM

We might see some changes this season, definitely more next and others a couple of seasons away budget depending (difficult juggling the budget for everything when the football department is number one).

Power- thanks for liaising with the fans on social media you are doing a very good job.

Question from myself, Leanne said she made the decision not to go with a commercial shirt sponsor this year, based on due diligence of deals in the last 10 years this is worth about 300k a year to the club.

She gave her reasons why on hibs tv yet in recent weeks the joint biggest visual advertisement now in the ground is Carling. If I remember correctly it has replaced Marathon Bet of last season, regardless, has the clubs direction changed from a few months ago ?

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 08:01 AM
He has.And the answer was?

Power
28-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Power- thanks for liaising with the fans on social media you are doing a very good job.

Question from myself, Leanne said she made the decision not to go with a commercial shirt sponsor this year, based on due diligence of deals in the last 10 years this is worth about 300k a year to the club.

She gave her reasons why on hibs tv yet in recent weeks the joint biggest visual advertisement now in the ground is Carling. If I remember correctly it has replaced Marathon Bet of last season, regardless, has the clubs direction changed from a few months ago ?

It hasn’t. From what I ken, There is lots in the sponsorship inventory up for grabs around the club, the corner boards being one of them.

bigwheel
28-08-2019, 08:13 AM

Not a chance on average we got 300k a year from shirt sponsorship. Marathon bet was our highest ...a generous sponsorship ..but on average short sponsorship would be about half of that per season ....

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Not a chance on average we got 300k a year from shirt sponsorship. Marathon bet was our highest ...a generous sponsorship ..but on average short sponsorship would be about half of that per season ....

We were paid £200k a year back in 1996 (23 ago) by calor gas. Whyte and McKay paid more (also incentives). A lot of the deals have add ons based on the success of the club also people signing up for betting deal offers through designated links etc.

bigwheel
28-08-2019, 08:46 AM
We were paid £200k a year back in 1996 (23 ago) by calor gas. Whyte and McKay paid more (also incentives). A lot of the deals have add ons based on the success of the club also people signing up for betting deal offers through designated links etc.

none of these are 300k average which your post suggested ..miles off..

With a few exceptions - Hibs and Hearts were around half of that ..Marathon Bet was a great deal
For us - still nowhere near 300k a year

Ps. On a slightly amusing side note - McEwan Fraser had a material amount to pay should we have won the Scottish cup - so much so that v Celtic (iirc) they had to put a few sizeable bets on us to cover themselves against that event ....!

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 09:16 AM
none of these are 300k average which your post suggested ..miles off..

With a few exceptions - Hibs and Hearts were around half of that ..Marathon Bet was a great deal
For us - still nowhere near 300k a year

Ps. On a slightly amusing side note - McEwan Fraser had a material amount to pay should we have won the Scottish cup - so much so that v Celtic (iirc) they had to put a few sizeable bets on us to cover themselves against that event ....!

£200k before add ons is nowhere near 300k ... can you explain please ? That’s 67% guaranteed of the 300k per year before any benefits are added!!

CapitalGreen
28-08-2019, 09:23 AM
£200k before add ons is nowhere near 300k ... can you explain please ? That’s 67% guaranteed of the 300k per year before any benefits are added!!

I’m not sure you understand the meaning of average. For our sponsorship deals to average £300k that would need to be what we normally receive, not what we receive as a one off where we have met a number of add on requirements of said sponsorship deal.

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=CapitalGreen;5907855]I’m not sure you understand the meaning of average. For our sponsorship deals to average £300k that would need to be what we normally receive, not what we receive as a one off where we have met a number of add on requirements of said sponsorship deal.[/QUOT

I could have explained my figures / wording better - if we were bringing in £200k before add ons 23 years ago (do basic inflation or compound growth) I’m sure we could easily beat that now. Whyte and McKay was more that £200k before add ons. The Marathon fee was described as a ‘significant six figure sum’ by the club and the exact figure was not disclosed. We were also in the championship.

This was one of Leanne’s major responsibilities and one she made a complete mess of. Add £300k to the reported 350k for Doidge and you are just short of the £800k that Sunderland were offered McNulty up front at....

oldbutdim
28-08-2019, 09:43 AM
And the answer was?

He has put the rumour to bed.

jacomo
28-08-2019, 09:50 AM

The bottom has fallen out of the sponsorship market.

Brands would rather be Man Utd official toothpaste (East Asia region) than be the main shirt sponsor for a smaller club.

Your speculative figures about what we got 20+ years ago are meaningless.

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 10:02 AM
The bottom has fallen out of the sponsorship market.

Brands would rather be Man Utd official toothpaste (East Asia region) than be the main shirt sponsor for a smaller club.

Your speculative figures about what we got 20+ years ago are meaningless.

Markets have changed in the last 20 years inflation and value hasn’t. Look at the s and p 500 growth in that time.....

The business is there to go out and get it just different business . That is why she is paid the big bucks.

Speedway
28-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Markets have changed in the last 20 years inflation and value hasn’t. Look at the s and p 500 growth in that time.....

The business is there to go out and get it just different business . That is why she is paid the big bucks.

By CEOs in business standards, I'm not sure she is paid the big bucks.

bigwheel
28-08-2019, 10:43 AM

we don’t get 200k per annum shirt sponsorship normally . I’d conclude it has happened about 4 years out of 30 ...And neither do we get 100k plus in add ions - Your numbers are way off ..circa 40%+ off on average

Also another poster made a point that football
Sponsorship has peaks and troughs - it’s an important point - it doesn’t rise year on year. Hibs Marathon Bet deal was an outlier .

Marathon Bet pulled this years deal Late on . Left us in the lurch a bit - the club took a decision to put the community foundation on the shirt rather than take a deal Of lesser value - or with a. Brand that we did not wish ...it’s a healthy call tbh - particularly when they knew there was some external investment heading our way to compensate ...

Cataplana
28-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Is she away yet?

Golden Bear
28-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Is she away yet?

No, but I guess it doesn't matter what has already been said, there are some posters who take great delight in continuing to stir the pot of discontentment.

overdrive
28-08-2019, 11:34 AM
It hasn’t. From what I ken, There is lots in the sponsorship inventory up for grabs around the club, the corner boards being one of them.

I think the point was that one of the reasons LD gave for the lack of shirt sponsor was that we wanted to avoid advertising socially irresponsible industries, e.g. betting brands, yet we seem quite happy to have an alcohol brand taking up the most visual part of the stadium advertising?

matty_f
28-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Is she away yet?

She's not going, that's already been put to bed on this thread. (Unless I'm having a whoosh moment here?)

Forza Fred
28-08-2019, 11:44 AM
I think the point was that one of the reasons LD gave for the lack of shirt sponsor was that we wanted to avoid advertising socially irresponsible industries, e.g. betting brands, yet we seem quite happy to have an alcohol brand taking up the most visual part of the stadium advertising?

I know he has supposedly denied it, but I STILL get the feeling that the shirt sponsorship may have been pulled on RG’s takeover as he is eyeing a stadium naming rights deal in the not too distant future, and stadium naming rights and shirt sponsorship would maximise revenue.

I admit though, this is just a gut feeling and I have absolutely no evidence to support it.

#2 Double Tap
28-08-2019, 11:47 AM

cognitive dissonance.

ancient hibee
28-08-2019, 01:32 PM
cognitive dissonance.

Can he play defensive midfield?

Incidentally I don't think BTG will ever be a goldmine when numbers are capped and punters have to queue in the street.

GonzoReturns
28-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Incidentally I don't think BTG will ever be a goldmine when numbers are capped and punters have to queue in the street.

Do we know how much we lost with the community medical centre not being housed in the Famous Five stand?

Onceinawhile
28-08-2019, 01:54 PM

I'd agree. Not sure how many folk fit in, but it is at most maybe 200? 200 folk spending a £10 each would only be £2,000 or £38,000 total income for the season. I'd also suggest that most folk would be spending nowhere near a tenner in there either!

CapitalGreen
28-08-2019, 02:12 PM
I'd agree. Not sure how many folk fit in, but it is at most maybe 200? 200 folk spending a £10 each would only be £2,000 or £38,000 total income for the season. I'd also suggest that most folk would be spending nowhere near a tenner in there either!

It’s probably this sort of attitude towards commercial opportunities that has seen us fall so far behind Hearts and Aberdeen in this regard. Hearts function suite is in use a hell of a lot more than simply their 19 home games a season with per head spending well in excess of £10.

Peevemor
28-08-2019, 02:17 PM
It’s probably this sort of attitude towards commercial opportunities that has seen us fall so far behind Hearts and Aberdeen in this regard. Hearts function suite is in use a hell of a lot more than simply their 19 home games a season with per head spending well in excess of £10.

The figures quoted are for Behind the Goal.

Hibs do functions too.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/weddingsparties

MrRobot
28-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Picture with a player £5
Scarves / badges
Programmes

Why use the excuse we can’t compete with Aberdeen for signing players and sit on your hands doing nothing about it.

:no way::no way::no way:

Nobody should be paying to meet a player.

#2 Double Tap
28-08-2019, 02:25 PM

you are right, but when fans are going to see Sir David, they should be bearing gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

when i think about it, the club should start 'the Cult of Davie Gray', religions are always big money makers!

Keith_M
28-08-2019, 02:36 PM
She's not going, that's already been put to bed on this thread. (Unless I'm having a whoosh moment here?)

Any chance of updating the thread title? Maybe a wee add-on that says "naw she isnae"?

Onceinawhile
28-08-2019, 02:47 PM

No they shouldn't - I did notice that Tom James and Kirstyn Reilly (sp?) were in the FFL signing autographs on Saturday which I thought was a nice touch.

Glad they had name plates as I wouldn't have known who they were otherwise.

matty_f
28-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Any chance of updating the thread title? Maybe a wee add-on that says "naw she isnae"?

Good shout. :agree:

Michael
28-08-2019, 03:07 PM

You can charge for a professional picture with a player though.

Kojock
28-08-2019, 03:33 PM

BTG used to be rammed to capacity every home game. Covering two floors there were over 750 people in attendance. I would easily spend between £25-£30. It WAS a goldmine but due to crap service and beer the numbers dwindled. Hibs run the place into the ground.

Bob Box Fish
28-08-2019, 03:48 PM
we don’t get 200k per annum shirt sponsorship normally . I’d conclude it has happened about 4 years out of 30 .....

Your conclusion was very inaccurate, here is what has happened;

Whyte & McKay Five years- ‘HIBS today clinched the most lucrative sponsorship contract in their 129-year history, a deal which will be worth a minimum of £1 million to the Easter Road outfit. Whyte and Mackay, one of Scotland’s biggest whisky distillers, will have their name on the green-and-white shirts of Hibs for the next five years, replacing brewing giants Carlsberg.

Carlsberg- Eight years - Although the sum involved is similar to that paid by Carlsberg, some 200,000 a year, additional payments will be made depending on success on the pitch, while the length of the deal will give Hibs a degree of stability and ability to plan for the future.

One Day
28-08-2019, 03:57 PM
BTG used to be rammed to capacity every home game. Covering two floors there were over 750 people in attendance. I would easily spend between £25-£30. It WAS a goldmine but due to crap service and beer the numbers dwindled. Hibs run the place into the ground.

I agree with that, you had to be in before 1pm to have any chance of a seat. Service got very poor, hardly ever the same people 2 weeks in a row.

theonlywayisup
28-08-2019, 04:04 PM

:agree: we used to go every home game and it was a good place to meet fellow Hibs fans. The beer was okay and the tasty pies were nice. They had someone in singing Hibs songs before the match and Rod always made an appearance.

Then they made the decision to move everyone out and we moved to one of the pubs. Went back a couple of times and the beer was bogging. Service poor too and can't recall if they had food.

bigwheel
28-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Your conclusion was very inaccurate, here is what has happened;

Whyte & McKay Five years- ‘HIBS today clinched the most lucrative sponsorship contract in their 129-year history, a deal which will be worth a minimum of £1 million to the Easter Road outfit. Whyte and Mackay, one of Scotland’s biggest whisky distillers, will have their name on the green-and-white shirts of Hibs for the next five years, replacing brewing giants Carlsberg.

Carlsberg- Eight years - Although the sum involved is similar to that paid by Carlsberg, some 200,000 a year, additional payments will be made depending on success on the pitch, while the length of the deal will give Hibs a degree of stability and ability to plan for the future.

Forget how press release presents deals ...they will always spin the maximum values ...

The going rates for the last 10 years were circa 130-160k per annum for Hearts and Hibs...with some add ons but nowhere near another six figures ..

180-200k for Aberdeen

100k for Dundee United , Motherwell

60-80k for the Inverness, saint Johnstone’s of this world

1M+ for a rangers and Celtic

There will be some outliers - some
Deals that break the mould - but they don’t set a new benchmark ..marathon Bet (I believe) was more than 200k per annum for Hibs ..but nowhere near 300k - which you quote as an “average”.. The average is nearer half that number.

MSK
28-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Used to go to the old Almond Suite, we would meet up with a couple of guys from the Alloa bus, Tam Wilson and Eddie (cant remember his surname) used to be 7 or 8 of us, was always a good atmosphere. Only let down at the time was the brutal Carlsberg lager and the time to get served, our group eventually dwindled away, sad as it holds good memories of my late father in law

Golden Bear
28-08-2019, 04:23 PM
It WAS one of my favourite pre match watering holes until such time they, (I've still to found out who THEY actually were ) made the momentous and unbelievable decision that no one would be permitted entry after 1:30.

We've now found another place for a couple of pre match beveridges and I can't see us returning to the FF. They don't deserve our support in anycase.

J-C
28-08-2019, 04:56 PM
It WAS one of my favourite pre match watering holes until such time they, (I've still to found out who THEY actually were ) made the momentous and unbelievable decision that no one would be permitted entry after 1:30.

We've now found another place for a couple of pre match beveridges and I can't see us returning to the FF. They really don't deserve our support in anycase.

Go into the old Loch Inn ( Edin City club ) and it's rammed every home game, these are just some of the guys and gals who would be spending money BTG. I'm nearly always working during a saturday game and park the taxi up beforehand, so never bother with a drink but recently I've had time off and been in the Edinbutgh City club, great service and bloody cheap too.

The 90+2
28-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Go into the old Loch Inn ( Edin City club ) and it's rammed every home game, these are just some of the guys and gals who would be spending money BTG. I'm nearly always working during a saturday game and park the taxi up beforehand, so never bother with a drink but recently I've had time off and been in the Edinbutgh City club, great service and bloody cheap too.

Used to play for their pool for them before they moved, cheap as chips, good crowd too.

Keith_M
28-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Good shout. :agree:

Cheers Matty

:aok:

Real Emerald
28-08-2019, 05:18 PM

That’s where we and a lot of BTG regulars now go. £20 a year membership, a great pint, 7 behind the bar efficiently serving a packed club, large TVs showing multiple games and food available. Ironic that supporters of the 3rd best supported Scottish Premier clubs have to join a a supporters club of another much smaller football club as they were kicked out of their own supporters bars in a huge modern stadium. Hibs could learn a lot looking at how Edinburgh City run their operation.

Deansy
28-08-2019, 05:20 PM
I loved BGT simply because, for me, somehow it made me feel closer to the club - the camaraderie was brilliant !

hibbymac
28-08-2019, 05:39 PM
I loved BGT simply because, for me, somehow it made me feel closer to the club - the camaraderie was brilliant !

I cannae be ersed with that Simon Cowell :duck:

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 07:17 PM

Correct they needed more staff decent manager and better stocked bar it could have generated 2 or 3 times that it did.

DarlingtonHibee
28-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I cannae be ersed with that Simon Cowell :duck:

That made me laugh, coat 🧥 😂

#2 Double Tap
28-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Correct they needed more staff decent manager and better stocked bar it could have generated 2 or 3 times that it did.

u describing BTG or the first team :greengrin

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Correct they needed more staff decent manager and better stocked bar it could have generated 2 or 3 times that it did.Everyone is saying the same thing more or less if things were run better so who's fault is that

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Any chance of updating the thread title? Maybe a wee add-on that says "naw she isnae"?Has LD said she in not leaving ?

28-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Has LD said she in not leaving ?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341516-Leeanne-Leaving-(No-she-s-not-)&p=5906886&viewfull=1#post5906886

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Would cost significantly more than it makes. That's why no one does it

I take it someone has priced it and the figures did not fly?
I would have thought charge a tenner get a pie and pint and folk would come and probably spend at least another tenner. Depends how many folk you could fit in.

The other thing is you would have to have a choice of pint and a hot pie handed to you not just a free for all with guys grabbing three pies :greengrin

Hibeewilly
28-08-2019, 08:39 PM
I take it someone has priced it and the figures did not fly?
I would have thought charge a tenner get a pie and pint and folk would come and probably spend at least another tenner. Depends how many folk you could fit in.

The other thing is you would have to have a choice of pint and a hot pie handed to you not just a free for all with guys grabbing three pies :greengrin

Have I read that right Sammy ??

28-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Have I read that right Sammy ??

It's a bit steep for just a pie and a pint but he's talking about it including getting in BTG to see Hibs away games live on TV.

Carheenlea
28-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Behind the Goals was a handy place to go for a pint before the game, and the family area with games and stuff for the kids with the lunchtime game on TV for the grown ups made it a popular spot. As has been mentioned by another poster, the fact it was within the stadium brought many closer to the club, and having Rod Petrie/Tom Farmer/Leeann Dempster making frequent tours round the venue to chat with fans added to that. Never as packed or claustrophobic as most of the pubs which was another positive, but our group has sincer found a decent pub, with good quality beer and never too rammed, and will unlikely return to BTG any time soon. Lots of fans appear to be similar and will be in no rush to return to BTG which is a shame, but the reality of better options elsewhere.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 09:28 PM
It's a bit steep for just a pie and a pint but he's talking about it including getting in BTG to see Hibs away games live on TV.

That is right a tenner up front definite income to cover the cost of showing the game I would imagine most people would stretch to that to see away games live.

Billy Whizz
28-08-2019, 09:30 PM

You mean like this offer

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/eighteen-74-live-hibs-v-hearts

Sammy7nil
28-08-2019, 09:35 PM
You mean like this offer

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/eighteen-74-live-hibs-v-hearts

It is an okay offer but won't attract huge numbers as the game is easily available at home or I the local pub. The attraction would be games that are not on Sky / BT and would require the club to pay for a deal. It may not be possible to show those games under the current rules.

Hibeewilly
28-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Ah OK..... I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough. Good idea though

Billy Whizz
28-08-2019, 09:36 PM
It is an okay offer but won't attract huge numbers as the game is easily available at home or I the local pub. The attraction would be games that are not on Sky / BT and would require the club to pay for a deal. It may not be possible to show those games under the current rules.

They can’t as it stands

#2 Double Tap
28-08-2019, 09:42 PM
They can’t as it stands

we are from leith, get the firestick in the back of the telly.

The 90+2
28-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Anyone and everyone huns propaganda. LD will go with our best wishes in th next year or so imo.