PDA

View Full Version : Goal keeper

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 07:40 PM
He’s had plenty of credit of late but having just watched yesterday’s highlights, it’s pretty evident he didn’t cover himself in glory! Very poor.

Iggy Pope
25-08-2019, 07:42 PM
He’s had plenty of credit of late but having just watched yesterday’s highlights, it’s pretty evident he didn’t cover himself in glory! Very poor.

At least he’s not playing for a move then cos that’s what the good players do.

Hibernian32
25-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Rocky was a little rocky yesterday thought his yellow was red if I'm honest not seen it back yet.

He's been sensational for us at times he's aloud a off game. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about his kicking tho is honking

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 07:47 PM
At least he’s not playing for a move then cos that’s what the good players do.

I take it your referring to Kamberi? TBH I don’t really care why he’s got his act together all of a sudden, just happy to see him back to his old self.

Marciano however :rolleyes: How many times have we seen him lose that type of goal to his near post? Must do better!

Unseen work
25-08-2019, 07:55 PM
He was brutal the whole game yesterday, coming for things he was nowhere near, poor distribution and then the goal is shocking.

3rd goal he has cost us this season already.

He makes some very good saves, but he also makes a lot of good camera saves and the majority put us under more pressure as he tends to keep the ball alive.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2019, 08:19 PM
A bad day at the office. He'll be disappointed.

I always think we see the best of Rocky when he has a really good goalkeeper pushing him. Has he got that just now?

beensaidbefore
25-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Bogdan spotted in the stands. Suggests he isn't with a club. Would take him back in a heart beat, and you have to imagine he thinks positively about the club, otherwise he wouldn't be at the game, so you never know. Even if we gave him a small wage it would be better than no wage.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 08:31 PM
A bad day at the office. He'll be disappointed.

I always think we see the best of Rocky when he has a really good goalkeeper pushing him. Has he got that just now?

Saw Adam Bogdan in the West chatting to Fraser Murray

Hecky obviously blamed Rocky for the first with his goalkeeping error comment

Rocky lucky not to see red for clattering into OHalloran outside the box with no intention to play the ball

Kicking and distribution not the best

Inconsequential
25-08-2019, 08:32 PM
He was brutal the whole game yesterday, coming for things he was nowhere near, poor distribution and then the goal is shocking.

3rd goal he has cost us this season already.

He makes some very good saves, but he also makes a lot of good camera saves and the majority put us under more pressure as he tends to keep the ball alive. I wasn't at the game yesterday but must admit I'm not Marciano's greatest fan. He does pull off some great saves but as you say they can be very theatrical, crosses cause him bother and his kicking is suspect. I thought Bogdan was a better keeper last season. Backlash coming my way shortly.. :agree:

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Saw Adam Bogdan in the West chatting to Fraser Murray

Hecky obviously blamed Rocky for the first with his goalkeeping error comment

Rocky lucky not to see red for clattering into OHalloran outside the box with no intention to play the ball

Kicking and distribution not the best

Poor for the first, not helped by Hanlon error though.

Agree, horrendous tackle.

Not the best? Its absolutely 5hite!

Iggy Pope
25-08-2019, 08:37 PM
I take it your referring to Kamberi? TBH I don’t really care why he’s got his act together all of a sudden, just happy to see him back to his old self.

Marciano however :rolleyes: How many times have we seen him lose that type of goal to his near post? Must do better!

I’m referring to other tiresome posts suggesting something along those lines. I don’t give a flying **** whose watching them except me if I’m honest with you.

LaMotta
25-08-2019, 08:42 PM

Slivka was also a horrendous offender for the first goal, just switches off completely and leaves O'Halloran. And it all started from Whittaker and Horgan giving the ball away in a decent position. All round brutal goal to lose.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 08:43 PM

Agree another poster said he appeared to dive out the way of the flight of the ball

Agree lucky boy reminiscent of his horror show in Perth

Agree can still see Lenny pulling his hair out at Tinycastle in the playoffs as he repeatedly booted the ball out of play or to an opposition player

I thought that side of his game had improved under Heckingbottom but I was sadly mistaken

Onceinawhile
25-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Agree another poster said he appeared to dive out the way of the flight of the ball

Agree lucky boy reminiscent of his horror show in Perth

Totally dived out the way of it. He did similar against rangers a season or so back too. Its a weak spot of his.

Tbf to him regarding the one outside the box I think he's gone to clear it and just slipped. It looks like a bad challenge because of it, but I don't think it was wholly his fault.

Carheenlea
25-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Yes, not his finest game yesterday, but the goalkeeping position is the least of our concerns going forward.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Totally dived out the way of it. He did similar against rangers a season or so back too. Its a weak spot of his.

Tbf to him regarding the one outside the box I think he's gone to clear it and just slipped. It looks like a bad challenge because of it, but I don't think it was wholly his fault.

That will be Morellos near post!

Clumsy challenge took his eye off the ball and collided with the player

Benefit of the doubt he slipped and his momentum took him into the player maybe that is how the ref saw it

Yellow

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 08:57 PM
I wasn't at the game yesterday but must admit I'm not Marciano's greatest fan. He does pull off some great saves but as you say they can be very theatrical, crosses cause him bother and his kicking is suspect. I thought Bogdan was a better keeper last season. Backlash coming my way shortly.. :agree:

Not alone in your thinking. Bogdan was a far safer pair of hands. :aok:

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Slivka was also a horrendous offender for the first goal, just switches off completely and leaves O'Halloran. And it all started from Whittaker and Horgan giving the ball away in a decent position. All round brutal goal to lose.

O’Halloran, a player I’d loved to have seen us go for. He was excellent yesterday. Ran our defence ragged.

greenlex
25-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Don’t believe the new keeper has done much wrong to be honest.

hibbychick1
25-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Yes, not his finest game yesterday, but the goalkeeping position is the least of our concerns going forward.
And maybe his performance was down to lack of confidence in other players

SMAXXA
25-08-2019, 09:12 PM
And maybe his performance was down to lack of confidence in other players

You being serious?

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Rocky is playing with a back four three of which he is familiar with

Football is all about focus and Pretty Boy nailed it when he said he is not seriously pushed for his position

The second part of last season when Rocky got a fortunate break due to Adam Bogdans injury and managed to reestablish himself in the team with a series of outstanding performances making him undroppable

Maxwell I cannot comment I have only seen him the once at Stirling Albion where he seemed very vocal distribution good and no chance with their goal

Oh also saw him versus Arbroath in a 3-0 win where he had very little to do

basehibby
25-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Rocky extremely lucky not to get a straight red - his challenge deserved it and it was one of a number of random baffling decisions from the ref that Rocky didn't get an early bath for that tackle.

As others have said though he's the least of our worries - he made a number of good stops during the game and the worry is that St Js were allowed to make so many chances and work him as hard as they did.

Here’s Lucy!
25-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Rocky was a little rocky yesterday thought his yellow was red if I'm honest not seen it back yet.

He's been sensational for us at times he's aloud a off game. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about his kicking tho is honking

There is not one level on which this post makes any sense.

I have highlighted an example.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Challenge was never a red.

Let's not get on the keepers back as well, bad enough hounding the gaffer.

Rocky is a fantastic goalie at this level.

The Spaceman
25-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Two bad games in a row for Marciano, but for a club like Hibs he is still a first class keeper. He will bounce back :aok:

MSK
25-08-2019, 10:01 PM

I have highlighted an example.Its not too difficult to understand his post though is it, and you also know that the word you highlighted meant allowed, anything to be an attention seeking smart arse eh

dalkeith stu
25-08-2019, 11:01 PM
O’Halloran, a player I’d loved to have seen us go for. He was excellent yesterday. Ran our defence ragged.

Not difficult as he was up against a 60% fit Stevenson who for most of the game refused to go over the half way line to support Middleton!!

andybev1
25-08-2019, 11:42 PM
I wasn't at the game yesterday but must admit I'm not Marciano's greatest fan. He does pull off some great saves but as you say they can be very theatrical, crosses cause him bother and his kicking is suspect. I thought Bogdan was a better keeper last season. Backlash coming my way shortly.. :agree:

I agree with you that Bogdan, apart from his debut, was a better keeper. Maciano let the same kind of goal in against rangers a couple of saasons back where he guessed wrongly on there being a cross. Yesterdays goal was worse as there was no need to dive early. Good keeper whos saves more than make up for the muck-ups tbh. I would love to see bogdan back at the club.

andybev1
25-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Its not too difficult to understand his post though is it, and you also know that the word you highlighted meant allowed, anything to be an attention seeking smart arse eh

:agree:

rotherhamrob
26-08-2019, 06:57 AM

I have highlighted an example.

There is not one level where this post was needed.
I've no need to highlight, the whole post is an example.
Get a life.

Scouse Hibee
26-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Challenge was never a red.

Let's not get on the keepers back as well, bad enough hounding the gaffer.

Rocky is a fantastic goalie at this level.

Exactly, the best keeper we have and a fantastic keeper at this level.

Onceinawhile
26-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Two bad games in a row for Marciano, but for a club like Hibs he is still a first class keeper. He will bounce back :aok:

He was man of the match according to most in his last game?

wookie70
26-08-2019, 08:10 AM
He was man of the match according to most in his last game?

He made a few very good saves at Ibrox but was dodgy for a couple of goals. He wasn't solely at fault for their first but he made a terrible decision that gave them confidence to kick on and get their point. He looked ropey for much of the game with saves not being tipped round the post but batted out so a forward has the chance of a rebound and rash outing from his box where he risked an ordering off. He was great last year and is bound to have a few off games so hopefully he will get back on form.

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2019, 08:15 AM
He made a few very good saves at Ibrox but was dodgy for a couple of goals. He wasn't solely at fault for their first but he made a terrible decision that gave them confidence to kick on and get their point. He looked ropey for much of the game with saves not being tipped round the post but batted out so a forward has the chance of a rebound and rash outing from his box where he risked an ordering off. He was great last year and is bound to have a few off games so hopefully he will get back on form.

:aok:

brog
26-08-2019, 10:38 AM
We had a goal kick in the 4th minute of added time. There's not another team in the land that would have conceded at that time from there. All Rocky had to do was launch it high & long to the touchline & it's game over. Instead he hits it flat down the middle straight to a Saints player. 20 seconds later St J have a corner & the rest is history. There's no doubt Rocky had a shocker yesterday. His mad rush & fresh air swipe was reminiscent of Perth last season, his dive to ground for their 1st was reminiscent of Morelos goal at ER & his over theatrical dives are embarrassing at times. He even pushed out a 25 yard trundler from Liam Craig but luckily the follow up was offside. He was rotated for the Morton game, I suspect he may be dropped for Motherwell.

erin go bragh
26-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Bad day at the office for Rocky . Still the best keeper we have had since Goram .
At least he is getting played in his proper position 😉

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2019, 10:58 AM
We had a goal kick in the 4th minute of added time. There's not another team in the land that would have conceded at that time from there. All Rocky had to do was launch it high & long to the touchline & it's game over. Instead he hits it flat down the middle straight to a Saints player. 20 seconds later St J have a corner & the rest is history. There's no doubt Rocky had a shocker yesterday. His mad rush & fresh air swipe was reminiscent of Perth last season, his dive to ground for their 1st was reminiscent of Morelos goal at ER & his over theatrical dives are embarrassing at times. He even pushed out a 25 yard trundler from Liam Craig but luckily the follow up was offside. He was rotated for the Morton game, I suspect he may be dropped for Motherwell.

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Bad day at the office for Rocky . Still the best keeper we have had since Goram .
At least he is getting played in his proper position 😉

Jim Leighton much better than Rocky imho much more reliable and consistent

Capped 23 times for Scotland whilst a HIBS player

Though like Rocky kicking was not his strong point :greengrin

neil7908
26-08-2019, 11:20 AM
I really like Rocky but if Bogdan wanted to come back and was in our price range, I wouldn't stand in his way if any half decent offer came in.

hughio
26-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Todi114
26-08-2019, 12:01 PM
I don’t think he could complain if he was dropped
youre only as good as your last game

hibbychick1
26-08-2019, 06:44 PM
You being serious?
No mate, just threw it in there. :greengrin
Sorry, I shall elucidate... there is (or seems to be) a lack of communication at times between the players. Understandable with the changes in squad perhaps, but maybe some of that fed back to the keeper and nerves set in resulting in Rocky being a bit rocky.

Lago
26-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Well I've just watched the highlights 5 minutes ago & totally agree very poor handling, poor positioning all over the place at times & that "tackle" outside the box why, just what was he thinking?

Mac_17
27-08-2019, 01:44 PM

I have to agree to be honest. It has been a long time since I have had any confidence in him between the sticks.

hughio
27-08-2019, 02:22 PM

I think you are absolutely right.

He's a big show off..diving spectacularly out of the way!
Being beaten at the near post is one thing but that was just ridiculous.

And distribution..decision making...just crap.
Milks the attention.

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Seems like we're turning on all the guys who have given us many great memories. Shame to see Rocky getting it now. No wonder footballers aren't loyal.

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2019, 02:26 PM
I have to agree to be honest. It has been a long time since I have had any confidence in him between the sticks.

So you didn't have any confidence when he was playing absolutely brilliantly for the 2nd half of last season?

Weegreenman
27-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Seems like we're turning on all the guys who have given us many great memories. Shame to see Rocky getting it now. No wonder footballers aren't loyal.

That’s just not the case at all. I’ve given Rocky plenty of credit when he’s playing well. I’m not turning on the guy, merely pointing out that he didn’t cover himself in glory against the saints and needs to up his game.
I noticed that our out field players had taken a lot of the blame for poor performances but nothing was said about Rocky. That’s as far as it goes for me. He’ll be getting my full support in his next game. Nobody is calling for him to be dropped or anything like that.

beensaidbefore
27-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Jim Leighton much better than Rocky imho much more reliable and consistent

Capped 23 times for Scotland whilst a HIBS player

Though like Rocky kicking was not his strong point :greengrin

Totally agree.

Can't be many hibs players in the last 30 years with as many caps whilst playing for us.