PDA

View Full Version : Oer missus!

Sudds_1
25-08-2019, 04:32 PM
From the section Cricket..

Ben Stokes gets hit on the helmet by a short ball*.....

AltheHibby
25-08-2019, 05:01 PM
😂

But still not quite up there with the incident when a batsman was hit in the, ahem, box by the 5 th ball of the over.

After treatment he returned to the crease to face the final ball of the over.

The commentator's take on it?

"The batsman resumes. One ball left"
😂 😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Surely the batsmans Holding the bowlers Willey is the way forward, whether it was said or not! 😁

Jumbo
25-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Surely the batsmans Holding the bowlers Willey is the way forward, whether it was said or not! 😁

I always liked Lillie bowled Dilley caught Willey !

Sudds_1
25-08-2019, 05:48 PM
😂

But still not quite up there with the incident when a batsman was hit in the, ahem, box by the 5 th ball of the over.

After treatment he returned to the crease to face the final ball of the over.

The commentator's take on it?

"The batsman resumes. One ball left"
😂 😂

😂😂

AltheHibby
25-08-2019, 06:22 PM
I got it slightly wrong (see below) . Enjoy these.

"Welcome to Leicester where the captain Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the Pavilion End" - Brian Johnston

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston as Peter Willey faces up to Michael Holding*

"[Glenn] Turner looks a bit shaky and unsteady, but I think he's going to bat on...one ball left" - Brian Johnston after Turner was hit in the box area by the penultimate ball of the match

"Neil Harvey's at slip, with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle" - Brian Johnston

"Bill [Frindall] needs a small ruler. How about the Sultan of Brunei? I hear he is only four foot ten" - Brian Johnston

"Batsmen wear so much protection these days that I mostly identify them from their posteriors" - Brian Johnston

"This bowler's like my dog: three short legs and balls which swing each way" - Brian Johnston

"The programme implied that...he made love like he played cricket: slowly, methodically, but with the real possibility that he might stay in all day" - Martin Kelner reviewing a documentary about Geoffrey Boycott

"There's nothing like the sound of flesh on leather to get a cricket match going" - Geoff Lawson

Sudds_1
25-08-2019, 07:24 PM
I got it slightly wrong (see below) . Enjoy these.

"Welcome to Leicester where the captain Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the Pavilion End" - Brian Johnston

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston as Peter Willey faces up to Michael Holding*

"[Glenn] Turner looks a bit shaky and unsteady, but I think he's going to bat on...one ball left" - Brian Johnston after Turner was hit in the box area by the penultimate ball of the match

"Neil Harvey's at slip, with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle" - Brian Johnston

"Bill [Frindall] needs a small ruler. How about the Sultan of Brunei? I hear he is only four foot ten" - Brian Johnston

"Batsmen wear so much protection these days that I mostly identify them from their posteriors" - Brian Johnston

"This bowler's like my dog: three short legs and balls which swing each way" - Brian Johnston

"The programme implied that...he made love like he played cricket: slowly, methodically, but with the real possibility that he might stay in all day" - Martin Kelner reviewing a documentary about Geoffrey Boycott

"There's nothing like the sound of flesh on leather to get a cricket match going" - Geoff Lawson

👍👍👍